PDA

View Full Version : The elephant in the room regarding Apritello

neatoman
03-26-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm just going to leave this officially published comic book panel here...

CyberCubed
03-26-2017, 01:15 PM
There is no elephant in the room since nothing will happen between them.

ToTheNines
03-26-2017, 01:38 PM
Neither "Adventures" series is hard canon to the show.

neatoman
03-26-2017, 01:42 PM
Neither "Adventures" series is hard canon to the show.

So are you saying there's no salmonella risk just because the show itself neglects to mention it?

ToTheNines
03-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Oh, that's what you're implying.

Uh, yeah. Sure. April has salmonella but her Kraang genes make her immune.

Tarris Vaal
03-26-2017, 01:49 PM
To be fair, they live in a renovated sewers and regularly swim through/traverse the older tunnels.

I think Salmonella is the least of their problems :)

Though I would like to think that as half human hybrids they are either less at risk of that, or at least are aware that its a problem that could affect themselves personally and would take appropriate action to mitigate it.

(Not from kissing before anyone asks - minds out of the sewer people! I mean from the bacteria that naturally would live on normal turtles skin and whether that would affect a half human nervous/digestive system if ingested.)

Candy Kappa
03-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Turtles don't automatically carry Salmonella, and you gotta be a pretty negligent person when it comes to hygiene to catch Salmonella from a carrying reptile. Plus the Salmonella reptiles do carry is not a very serious strain, domestic pet birds are of greater risk of carrying Salmonella then pet reptiles, and have a more aggressive version.

Redworld96
03-26-2017, 02:42 PM
In the TV show April has kissed Donatello at least 6 times (one of them in the lips) and she's ok; besides the salmonella issue has never been mentioned before (except that time when Mikey lied to Bebop for distraction).
It's just a show so I don't think the writers are thinking that much about this issue, maybe they just established that the turtles would never induce salmonella.

victory_angel
03-26-2017, 04:06 PM
To be fair, they live in a renovated sewers and regularly swim through/traverse the older tunnels.

I think Salmonella is the least of their problems :)

Though I would like to think that as half human hybrids they are either less at risk of that, or at least are aware that its a problem that could affect themselves personally and would take appropriate action to mitigate it.

(Not from kissing before anyone asks - minds out of the sewer people! I mean from the bacteria that naturally would live on normal turtles skin and whether that would affect a half human nervous/digestive system if ingested.)

Not that is mentioned on the show but the Turtles likely do use a shower in the lair. Raph might feel that bathing is pointless since they live in a sewer. Which would be some indication behind Splinters "you need a bath" statement

Donnie at the very least would haves decontamination shower in his lab. And since the place is an abandoned subway station there are likely old public restrooms in the place as well. Since the ladies room would be useless to them it's possible that was converted into a Japanese style bath complete with showers and soaking tub

Konchadunga
03-26-2017, 04:12 PM
I'm just wondering if it's ever been verified that someone got Salmonella from kissing a turtle. I would guess somebody actually did that, at some point, but why Robin was aware, I don't know!

IndigoErth
03-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Even humans can carry and pass around salmonella (edit: if maybe other forms of it) and other bugs if they fail to wash properly from the bathroom. You hear of this stuff every now and then. I don't think an animal being a reptile is really the issue, they just tend to be lower to the ground then other creatures and, like most animals, don't understand the concept of bathing regularly or not 'going' where they live.

The Turtles do though and understand hygiene, so I don't think they'd really be a risk.

UNLESS they've been recently traversing the sewer tunnels, then pass on snuggling until they shower up real good. lol (It's a wonder they don't often get sick from all the human bugs they could pick up down there.)

edit: Given that Nick TMNT also seem to live in a former subway station, or whatever that is, they probably automatically had access to a clean water source they could work into their plumbing.

Andrew NDB
03-26-2017, 06:30 PM
Some salmonella outbreak just in Turtles was a HOAX!

https://www.thespruce.com/pet-turtles-and-salmonella-1239427

Garfield
03-26-2017, 06:50 PM
Wait? there is a Batman the Animated Series Ninja Turtle cross over? I don't keep up with this stuff so much anymore?

ToTheNines
03-26-2017, 06:57 PM
https://rzzy0b736k-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/TMNTBatman_01_cvr.jpg

Issue 5 just came out. The 6th and final issue is out next month. Trade should be out this July.

CyberCubed
03-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Wait? there is a Batman the Animated Series Ninja Turtle cross over? I don't keep up with this stuff so much anymore?

If you remotely follow TMNT, it's hard not to know. It's been around 5 months already.

JTH
03-26-2017, 07:11 PM
April has kissed the turtles in every incarnation of show.

This honestly shouldn't be made an issue now if it wasn't ever then. :P

Garfield
03-26-2017, 07:23 PM
If you remotely follow TMNT, it's hard not to know. It's been around 5 months already.

Aw man. I'm such a horrible fan.

EDIT: Yes i'm being sarcastic.

CyberCubed
03-26-2017, 09:12 PM
Any hardcore TMNT fan keeps up with news of all things TMNT.

ToTheNines
03-27-2017, 03:08 AM

Oh, piss off you little bitch. I cringe thinking about the amount of people who don't come here because of your annoying ass.

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 04:12 AM
Nobody has to listen to me if they don't want to, I certainly aren't forcing anyone.

ToTheNines
03-27-2017, 04:47 AM
The dude posts here less than 100 times a year, he obviously spends a lot less time on the internet than a lot of us here. But maybe he and others would post here more often if ****s like you weren't unnecessarily rude for simply asking a question.

Jephael
03-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Oh, piss off you little bitch. I cringe thinking about the amount of people who don't come here because of your annoying ass.

Not just fans, but content creators... remember what happened 5 years ago when Cubed wouldn't stop comparing a certain cartoon writer to Peter Laird, over how Baxter Stockman was depicted?

neatoman
03-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Not just fans, but content creators... remember what happened 5 years ago when Cubed wouldn't stop comparing a certain cartoon writer to Peter Laird, over how Baxter Stockman was depicted?

Oh god, I hope it's not the the person I'm thinking about...

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Why on earth do people keep bringing that up? Ciro briefly posted here for only a few months, even long after that, then got bored and left.

I'm sure a professional writer in the industry doesn't even remotely care what some forum dwellers think in the first place. I'm also glad he left before all the real bashers of the Nick cartoon came around, like all these people who have been complaining from around Season 3 onward saying the writing has plotholes or that characters are bad/poorly handled or the show has gone downhill.

The last year or two on this forum would have been absolutely hell for any staff of the show to see, thank god they aren't here.

Jephael
03-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Why on earth do people keep bringing that up? Ciro briefly posted here for only a few months, even long after that, then got bored and left.

No, dude. You clearly pissed him off because you wouldn't stop harping on how Peter Laird handled the 4Kids cartoon in comparison to how he might've handled the Nickelodeon cartoon. It'd be like writing the next cinematic interpretation of Spider-Man and being told Stan Lee would've ultimately preferred Sam Raimi's take from 2002 better.

Andrew NDB
03-27-2017, 02:38 PM
The last year or two on this forum would have been absolutely hell for any staff of the show to see, thank god they aren't here.

Some probably are. There's at least a couple IDW and general higher ups masquerading as "regular" members around here.

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 02:51 PM
No, dude. You clearly pissed him off because you wouldn't stop harping on how Peter Laird handled the 4Kids cartoon in comparison to how he might've handled the Nickelodeon cartoon.

Stop. A professional in the industry who has been working for the last 15-20 years doesn't have such thin skin that he would see a comment on a message board and get "pissed off."

These aren't fanfiction writers. They're professional writers in the entertainment industry. Every type of writer for any movie, show, comic, cartoon, etc. is of course going to know not every single person is going to like or enjoy their content.

The most bizarre part of it all is this is all common sense. Some of you are out of your mind, I never even bashed the show even 1% of the way people have been doing on this forum for the last 2-3 years, constantly claiming it went downhill or sucks or whatever. Jesus Christ.

Jephael
03-27-2017, 03:00 PM
A professional in the industry who has been working for the last 15-20 years doesn't have such thin skin that he would see a comment on a message board and get "pissed off."

Sadly the world isn't all black and white. Everybody's prone to have an emotional reaction, even in a professional environment where it's unbecoming. Heck, even the last several presidents had those kinds of moments here and there. Anybody can crack under the pressure.

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 03:15 PM
That's not how it works. If he wanted to stick around like Bobby and Tom Waltz do in the comic section, he would of. Many people criticize Tom Waltz writing/scripts right to his face and he just comments on it but doesn't mind.

DestronMirage22
03-27-2017, 03:18 PM
That's not how it works. If he wanted to stick around like Bobby and Tom Waltz do in the comic section, he would of. Many people criticize Tom Waltz writing/scripts right to his face and he just comments on it but doesn't mind.

Maybe they stick around because they actually have good writing and scripts and know it.

ToTheNines
03-27-2017, 06:08 PM
No, dude. You clearly pissed him off because you wouldn't stop harping on how Peter Laird handled the 4Kids cartoon in comparison to how he might've handled the Nickelodeon cartoon. It'd be like writing the next cinematic interpretation of Spider-Man and being told Stan Lee would've ultimately preferred Sam Raimi's take from 2002 better.

It's true: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1623510&postcount=117

FredWolfLeonardo
03-27-2017, 06:17 PM
It's true: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1623510&postcount=117

Did Ciro reply to him or just leave without notice? I'd be curious to find out.

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Did Ciro reply to him or just leave without notice? I'd be curious to find out.

None of those posts are in response to Ciro, it was just me posting in the thread. He made one comment in that thread eventually but that was it.

JTH
03-28-2017, 03:45 AM
...And Cubed turns another thread into a landmine field. :roll:

Sorry OP.

BubblyShell22
03-28-2017, 06:57 AM
Yep, it always happens.

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 07:50 AM
...And Cubed turns another thread into a landmine field. :roll:

Sorry OP.

Yes, because a thread about April catching salmonella from kissing Donatello was such a riveting and engaging topic in the first place.

IndigoErth
03-28-2017, 02:36 PM
Hey, don't knock the worthiness about discussing the risks of salmonella. :trazz: This could be like how in the early 90s everything turned hip-hop format to try to relate with the youth to impart important information! Someone needs to make an TMNT themed/branded info poster about not kissing reptiles, or at least taking proper precautions. :tlol: Dang, if it was done vaguely in jest, I might buy such a thing.

April might consider using a plastic wrap barrier. Use protection against salmonella, April.

Edit: Also, the girl shouldn't have to take all the responsibility... he aught to at least use an antiseptic mouth wash.

AlessandraDC
03-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Ok, when I clicked on this thread, I was not expecting salmonella to be the "elephant" in the room lol

Turtle-X
04-04-2017, 09:42 PM
you are so full of yourself. i bet you have a t-shirt that says 'True TMNT fan!'. not everyone has time then can devote to a hobby. i don't check this board very often.

yeah. not that any one person keeps me away, but i certainly don't appreciate the know it all attitude i get from him.

Konchadunga
04-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Hey, don't knock the worthiness about discussing the risks of salmonella. :trazz: This could be like how in the early 90s everything turned hip-hop format to try to relate with the youth to impart important information!

imPa37z1COM

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Some probably are. There's at least a couple IDW and general higher ups masquerading as "regular" members around here.

The IDW higher-ups are on here under their own name and quite active for professionals. So no, no masquerading there. IDW employees are honorable.

Rooish
04-16-2017, 06:55 PM
I sort of have to side with Cubed on this one. Ciro got all haughty and left... forever. I don't remember what you were saying exactly, Cubed, but there were and are a lot of legitimate concerns about the show. Apritello left a serious bad taste in the mouths of many of us, and there have been endless missed opportunities and weird characterization moments. Ciro couldn't take the criticism of the fans, but the IDW staff that post on the Technodrome have earned the Dromers' respect through their integrity and their attempts to please fans. Even when they get criticized they handle it way better. I do like some aspects of the show but many things have grated on me as well.

ToTheNines
04-16-2017, 07:58 PM
I sort of have to side with Cubed on this one. Ciro got all haughty and left... forever. I don't remember what you were saying exactly, Cubed, but there were and are a lot of legitimate concerns about the show. Apritello left a serious bad taste in the mouths of many of us, and there have been endless missed opportunities and weird characterization moments. Ciro couldn't take the criticism of the fans, but the IDW staff that post on the Technodrome have earned the Dromers' respect through their integrity and their attempts to please fans. Even when they get criticized they handle it way better. I do like some aspects of the show but many things have grated on me as well.

He made about 10 posts in the first 2 pages for the discussion for "I think his name is Baxter Stockman" stating that the 4kids version was better.

So between Cubed's broken record act and the couple people who chimed in to agree, Ciro probably thought we were a bunch of babbling retards. I don't blame him.

Coola Yagami
04-16-2017, 08:34 PM
He made about 10 posts in the first 2 pages for the discussion for "I think his name is Baxter Stockman" stating that the 4kids version was better.

So between Cubed's broken record act and the couple people who chimed in to agree, Ciro probably thought we were a bunch of babbling retards. I don't blame him.

Yeah, he probably thought this forum was full of overly obsessed fans that would bitch and complain the hell out of every episode and every new idea introduced (which kinda did happen) and decided to leave before the negativity got to him.

Especially since none of us gave the IDW guys that much grief.

CyberCubed
04-16-2017, 09:02 PM
Yeah, he probably thought this forum was full of overly obsessed fans that would bitch and complain the hell out of every episode and every new idea introduced (which kinda did happen) and decided to leave before the negativity got to him.

You do realize all the people complaining about the Nick show week after week all started around late Season 2 to early Season 3, and this was long after Ciro was gone?

The Nick section over the last 2 years or so has been the worst its ever been, and Ciro would be far more offended or annoyed by seeing the stuff people post now more than ever. There are people who criticize both him and Brandon Auman constantly on these forums, saying all their episodes are terrible or filled with bad writing.

Andrew NDB
04-16-2017, 10:14 PM
The IDW higher-ups are on here under their own name and quite active for professionals. So no, no masquerading there. IDW employees are honorable.

There's nothing wrong with running around with "the little people." I know of at least a few DC high-ups that have done that in the past, and gotten caught.

ToTheNines
04-17-2017, 06:53 AM
You do realize all the people complaining about the Nick show week after week all started around late Season 2 to early Season 3, and this was long after Ciro was gone?

The Nick section over the last 2 years or so has been the worst its ever been, and Ciro would be far more offended or annoyed by seeing the stuff people post now more than ever. There are people who criticize both him and Brandon Auman constantly on these forums, saying all their episodes are terrible or filled with bad writing.

There's been complainers since day one. I don't think it got really bad until the space arc though.

You keep pointing fingers, but I think this should be a good opportunity for you see how obnoxious it can be when you go overboard with repeating yourself. I know you like the show, and you did have a valid point, but you need to just make your point and move on sometimes.