PDA

View Full Version : Married... with children?

Andrew NDB
03-28-2017, 12:01 AM
Are you? Let's see who's who.

Prowler
03-28-2017, 12:19 AM
Neither and I hope it stays that way forever. And I don't have nephews either nor is my older brother married. The clan will die with us and I'm fine with that.

DestronMirage22
03-28-2017, 12:31 AM
I am unmarried without any children, though I wish it were the opposite. :(

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 12:32 AM
Of course not.

Prowler
03-28-2017, 12:38 AM
I'm surprised that previous divorces and high divorce rates don't scare more people off marriage.

Powder
03-28-2017, 12:40 AM
I do not intend to marry or have kids.

Coola Yagami
03-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Divorced. No kids.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-28-2017, 12:48 AM
Nope, not married nor do I have kids. But I plan to have both in about 6-7 years

Candy Kappa
03-28-2017, 04:22 AM
Not married and no kids.

I have a living partner and a dog :lol:

I was engaged back in 08-09, but the relationship fell apart when my ex-fiance didn't like it that I focused too much on school, and they started a online romance with a guild member in WoW :lol:

Storm Eagle
03-28-2017, 04:27 AM
I'm not married, but I don't object to it.

As for kids, I'm only interested in those of the canine or feline variety, and I have one cat.

ToTheNines
03-28-2017, 06:32 AM
Been living with my girlfriend for 2.5 years. I'm pretty apprehensive about marriage, I guess because I hate the idea of a wedding lol.

2 dogs and a cat for kids. I don't think she's too excited about the idea of childbirth, but we've talked about adoption on occasion.

discordiatookie
03-28-2017, 06:55 AM
I've got a wife and two kids (my son Caleb, who'll be five in August, and my daughter Alba, who'll be two in May). Its awesome. Stressful, tiring and hard, but awesome. I love it!

joefsas
03-28-2017, 07:10 AM
been married for a couple of years now and a son who was 4 in January.

Stephen
03-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Not married, no children.

BubblyShell22
03-28-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm not married and have no kids and don't want any of it. I'm still in a relationship, but if it doesn't last, I'm fine with it. I like being alone.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-28-2017, 08:39 AM
Everyone knows I'm a family man. I am the odd man out here, and I love it.

mrmaczaps
03-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Have an ex wife who married me just for the bling. No kids. Would like to be married again, but it is also fine if that doesn't happen.

Utrommaniac
03-28-2017, 09:09 AM
I'm not going to poll, since it's something in life that I hope will change.

For now, unmarried and no children, but I hope to reverse that between three to six years from now. I'm would prefer not to wait until I'm 30. I'm already hit-and-miss enough with PCOS; with fertility starting to decline after 30, it would be a lot harder to start trying in ten years. Granted, it might be ideal for other things, but not for my imbalanced hormones.

ssjup81
03-28-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm not going to poll, since it's something in life that I hope will change.

For now, unmarried and no children, but I hope to reverse that between three to six years from now. I'm would prefer not to wait until I'm 30. I'm already hit-and-miss enough with PCOS; with fertility starting to decline after 30, it would be a lot harder to start trying in ten years. Granted, it might be ideal for other things, but not for my imbalanced hormones.I understand this. I also have PCOS.

Utrommaniac
03-28-2017, 09:25 AM
There was bound to be someone else on here :P .

I'm basically being told by my doctors to do hormone regulation - a large part of which is dietary and uncovering what my food sensitivities are. So at least for the next 90 days, I can't have anything with yeast, gluten, eggs or casein.
It's going to be...interesting.

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 09:57 AM
What is PCOS?

ssjup81
03-28-2017, 10:04 AM
What is PCOS?Google it.

ssjup81
03-28-2017, 10:05 AM
There was bound to be someone else on here :P .

I'm basically being told by my doctors to do hormone regulation - a large part of which is dietary and uncovering what my food sensitivities are. So at least for the next 90 days, I can't have anything with yeast, gluten, eggs or casein.
It's going to be...interesting.Good luck with that. When were you diagnosed?

Utrommaniac
03-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Pretty recently. I think in February? It was confirmed with a blood test.
It doesn't help me that I have a uterine fibroid either, which means certain things go longer than average when they actually do happen.

What is PCOS?

PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. It basically means I have (non-cancerous) cysts in my ovaries. It makes ovulation a little more infrequent, and often wreaks havoc on basic hormonal balances. It's probably contributing to my low thyroid issues. It is possible for women with PCOS to get pregnant (as I would like to one day in the next few years), it's just a little harder. In short, it's a hormonal disease.

Birth control probably will be part of my treatment for hormone regulation as well, but I suck at remembering to take daily medications.

plastroncafe
03-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Not married, no kids.
Thank the lucky stars.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 11:41 AM
I have a friend online (won't say who or which form of social media we interact though) who says her parents and grandparents really want to see her settle down and have kids at some point. I for one find it a little sad that even in this day and age parents still try to pressure their fully grown offspring to procreate just so they can experience being grandparents. I mean honestly, what is the purpose of that?!

Andrew NDB
03-28-2017, 11:44 AM
I have a friend online (won't say who or which form of social media we interact though) who says her parents and grandparents really want to see her settle down and have kids at some point. I for one find it a little sad that even in this day and age parents still try to pressure their fully grown offspring to procreate just so they can experience being grandparents. I mean honestly, what is the purpose of that?!

It's not for everybody but there's plenty of purpose to that. You have to look beyond the box of waffle cookies in front of you.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 11:45 AM
You have to look beyond the box of waffle cookies in front of you.

Still holding onto the past, aren't we? Seriously, this is just getting sad.

Andrew NDB
03-28-2017, 11:46 AM
Still holding onto the past, aren't we?

lol, you're one to talk about holding onto the past...

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/jephaelverse/rad.htm

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/jephaelverse/fanfic.htm

That's rich, kiddo.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 11:50 AM
lol, you're one to talk about holding onto the past...

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/jephaelverse/

That's rich, kiddo.

Frankly I find it a little creepy that you still have an outdated version of my site on your domain. It's like the internet version of keeping a shrine of me in your bedroom.

Andrew NDB
03-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Frankly I find it a little creepy that you still have an outdated version of my site on your domain. It's like the internet version of keeping a shrine of me in your bedroom.

Why would I? I haven't even logged into my site in a year or two. But if I did, it wouldn't be to look at your Mary Sue fanfiction about you going to other dimensions to hang with Marty McFly, Colonel Sanders and having sex with Tom Welling or whatever is going on in them.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 12:19 PM
I haven't even logged into my site in a year or two. But if I did, it wouldn't be to look at your Mary Sue fanfiction about you going to other dimensions to hang with Marty McFly, Colonel Sanders and having sex with Tom Welling or whatever is going on in them.

That's kind of a "glass house" situation there at this point. I mean come on, your Hal and Kyle series is still up on YouTube, but you don't hear me boasting about it, especially not these days.

Besides the main point, you're kinda starting to scare me here. You seem overly obsessed with whatever happened back in 2006 that somehow correlates with that stupid job I had. Honestly, I don't even care anymore. You really need to seek some professional help or something, because I don't feel comfortable being here when you're like this. Get some help, man!!!

ssjup81
03-28-2017, 12:20 PM
Pretty recently. I think in February? It was confirmed with a blood test.
It doesn't help me that I have a uterine fibroid either, which means certain things go longer than average when they actually do happen.
I hope you're able to get everything under control. At this point in my life, forget it. lolPolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. It basically means I have (non-cancerous) cysts in my ovaries. It makes ovulation a little more infrequent, and often wreaks havoc on basic hormonal balances. It's probably contributing to my low thyroid issues. It is possible for women with PCOS to get pregnant (as I would like to one day in the next few years), it's just a little harder. In short, it's a hormonal disease.

Birth control probably will be part of my treatment for hormone regulation as well, but I suck at remembering to take daily medications.Some other things linked to PCOS is weight gain, difficulty losing weight, and Type II Diabetes.

I have a friend online (won't say who or which form of social media we interact though) who says her parents and grandparents really want to see her settle down and have kids at some point. I for one find it a little sad that even in this day and age parents still try to pressure their fully grown offspring to procreate just so they can experience being grandparents. I mean honestly, what is the purpose of that?!From a very young age, about 11 or 12, I decided that I wouldn't have kids physically. I saw birth and the thought of going through that was traumatizing to me. I said if I ever had kids, I would adopt...but would want to do that before the age of 30, but it just wasn't affordable and I still can't now.

Anyway, my mom would like for me to settle down, but it's mainly because she doesn't want me to die alone...literally. I'm an only child. She's very worried about that.

Andrew NDB
03-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Look, this is all kind of a "glass house" situation here at this point. I mean come on, your Hal and Kyle series is still up on YouTube, but you don't hear me boasting about it, especially not these days.

What does that have to do with anything? Why would you be boasting about it?

Besides the main point, you're kinda starting to scare me here. You seem overly obsessed with whatever happened back in 2006 that somehow correlates with that stupid job I had.

Huh?

Honestly, I don't even care anymore.

Oh, clearly.

You really need to seek some professional help or something, because I don't feel comfortable talking to you when you're like this. Get some help, man!!!

Is this you CHARGING at me again? It sounds like you're CHARGING at me again.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 12:24 PM
I hope you're able to get everything under control. At this point in my life, forget it. lolSome other things linked to PCOS is weight gain, difficulty losing weight, and Type II Diabetes.

From a very young age, about 11 or 12, I decided that I wouldn't have kids physically. I saw birth and the thought of going through that was traumatizing to me. I said if I ever had kids, I would adopt...but would want to do that before the age of 30, but it just wasn't affordable and I still can't now.

Anyway, my mom would like for me to settle down, but it's mainly because she doesn't want me to die alone...literally. I'm an only child. She's very worried about that.

Hey there's nothing wrong with wanting to find a soulmate, but it should be for the pursuit of true love, not having someone to procreate with.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Is this you CHARGING at me again? It sounds like you're CHARGING at me again.

To the contrary, dude. You're kinda "CHARGING" at me here. I said nothing to provoke you into making that cookie remark, but I just wanted to point out how it's starting to come off extremely creepy and obsessive for you to bring that up time and again. You're basically harassing me here with it, and that's not cool. It has to stop.

Utrommaniac
03-28-2017, 12:55 PM
To the contrary, dude. You're kinda "CHARGING" at me here. I said nothing to provoke you into making that cookie remark, but I just wanted to point out how it's starting to come off extremely creepy and obsessive for you to bring that up time and again. You're basically harassing me here with it, and that's not cool. It has to stop.

Yeah, from an outsider looking in, Jeph isn't the one causing the problems here. I don't even see why the stuff that happened eleven years ago is relevant now, especially on this thread.

From a very young age, about 11 or 12, I decided that I wouldn't have kids physically. I saw birth and the thought of going through that was traumatizing to me. I said if I ever had kids, I would adopt...but would want to do that before the age of 30, but it just wasn't affordable and I still can't now.

I've pretty much always been comfortable with the idea of it. I mean, one of my favorite shows right now is Call the Midwife, where chances are something is going to go terribly wrong :lol: . In regards to that, my OB isn't worried about there being a problem with fertility for me, at least not right now.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Yeah, from an outsider looking in, Jeph isn't the one causing the problems here. I don't even see why the stuff that happened eleven years ago is relevant now, especially on this thread.

Like I said, he's coming off obsessed with me. I'm basically Hal Jordan to his Sinestro.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-28-2017, 01:22 PM

I'm not married myself, nor do I have kids so I can't speak for them with justice but in my opinion, people don't want grandkids for an external purpose that will be fufilled once they have them, but its just the sheer joy of having them. Basically, they enjoy having kids for the sake of having kids, its internally fufilling and purposeful in itself, not requiring justification from something else. Same with the institution of marriage that's been here for so long.

Am I right Andrew? (Since youre a dad and a husband)

Andrew NDB
03-28-2017, 01:27 PM
Basically, they enjoy having kids for the sake of having kids, its internally fufilling and purposeful in itself, not requiring justification from something else. Same with the institution of marriage that's been here for so long.

Am I right Andrew? (Since youre a dad and a husband)

Yeah, that sounds about right. Kids are bad-ass. Marriage is pretty neat, too.

MsMarvelDuckie
03-28-2017, 01:28 PM
I voted married no kids even though TECHNICALLY I DO have one. I say technically because I gave birth to one but she was adopted at birth by a friend of mine and now lives in Iowa. She knows who we are though and we keep in touch.

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Funny thing is I have a younger brother and sister 16-18 years apart from me.

My younger brother was born when I was 16, and my sister when I was 18. So I was already practically an adult when my siblings were born, so I already sort of helped raised them alongside my parents.

They're 15 and 14 years old now respectively, and it's been interesting to watch them grow up over the last 15 years. I can't imagine now how different things would be had they never been born.

Rooish
03-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Unmarried, no children... although I feel like it doesn't really count since I don't know if I care to get married per se. I'm in a domestic partnership for 2.5 years. Waiting until she's done school to shake up the status quo with an engagement or something.

I don't know if I want kids, but I'm 30 so I guess I should figure it out.

Prowler
03-28-2017, 02:38 PM
Why would I? I haven't even logged into my site in a year or two. But if I did, it wouldn't be to look at your Mary Sue fanfiction about you going to other dimensions to hang with Marty McFly, Colonel Sanders and having sex with Tom Welling or whatever is going on in them.
What the hell? This is the most random paragraph ever! :lol:

My younger brother was born when I was 16, and my sister when I was 18. So I was already practically an adult when my siblings were born, so I already sort of helped raised them alongside my parents.

They're 15 and 14 years old now respectively, and it's been interesting to watch them grow up over the last 15 years. I can't imagine now how different things would be had they never been born.

That's quite an age gap considering you all bear the same parents. And I thought my brother being 7 years older than me was a big enough gap already.

If I had been an only child... I'd probably never gotten the chance to play the NES, the SNES, the Genesis, etc. and my first console would have been the PS1 or the PS2 and would be just another Sony fanboy in my country and not care for Nintendo.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 02:40 PM

Eh, he's just trying to get my goat. It's kinda sad, really. I'm above that sort of egging at this point.

TheCanadiandrome
03-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Happily single with no kids

Prowler
03-28-2017, 02:44 PM
I dunno but I'm getting tired of seeing you guys arguing. Especially because you argue about personal stuff that happened outside of these forums, therefore no one cares or should see this kind of dirty laundry being aired.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 02:47 PM
I dunno but I'm getting tired of seeing you guys arguing. Especially because you argue about personal stuff that happened outside of these forums, therefore no one cares or should see this kind of dirty laundry being aired.

Hey, I totally agree on this 100%; I even begged him to stop doing that, both here and in private! The whole waffle cookie thing especially bothers me because it feels like some sick obsession he has with our past, and I'd rather he just knock it off all together.

ToTheNines
03-28-2017, 03:04 PM

You don't have a sister.

Prowler
03-28-2017, 03:07 PM
You don't have a sister.
What makes you think he's lying about having one?

Andrew NDB
03-28-2017, 03:29 PM
Are we still talking about that?

Hey, I totally agree on this 100%; I even begged him to stop doing that, both here and in private! The whole waffle cookie thing especially bothers me because it feels like some sick obsession he has with our past, and I'd rather he just knock it off all together.

Well it appears to be true what they say: you can take the waffle cookie box away from Jephael... but you can't take Jephael away from the waffle cookie box.

BubblyShell22
03-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Wow. This escalated quickly. My mom used to tease me about not wanting kids, but she never really cared all that much about it and my dad has always said he didn't want grandkids. My sis is married with two kids so they have two grandkids now and that's all they need. I don't see my brother getting married or anything like that because he's not the type to want to settle down which is fine.

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 03:51 PM
You don't have a sister.

Not when I was a kid or teen no. My sister was born when I was 18.

So it's weird, even though she's my sister it doesn't feel that way because I was already practically an adult. I didn't "grow up with her" like usually siblings do who are close in age.

DisKosh
03-28-2017, 03:56 PM
I'm unmarried but in a long term relationship and I want kids in future but we want to build careers first.

DestronMirage22
03-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Eh, he's just trying to get my goat. It's kinda sad, really. I'm above that sort of egging at this point.

It doesn't seem like you are at this point. You've responded to him numerous times in various threads over the past few days.

Anyways, this whole thing has been really entertaining to watch play out! :lol:

Andrew NDB
03-28-2017, 04:54 PM

It sounds that way, right? But look at, I dunno, the descriptions of about 2 or 3 of his stories there. And the most recent one is only a couple years old. Mostly as far as I can figure he just sits there eating waffle cookies, writing about his fictional self meeting Teen Titans and Michelangelo and doing hot yoga with them and such.

Candy Kappa
03-28-2017, 04:59 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1359278393_TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Cryomancer
03-28-2017, 05:14 PM
I've been calling myself a Widower even though we never got married.

No kids. Thankfully. I have no desire to become married or have children.

Dust
03-28-2017, 05:20 PM
I'm 16, so yes I'm married with kids.

DestronMirage22
03-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Truth be told, not a day goes by that I don't think about finding that special person, settling down, and starting a family. Nothing so far, but a guy can dream can't he? And only time will tell. Only time will tell....

ProphetofGanja
03-28-2017, 05:27 PM
The whole waffle cookie thing...

I'm just curious, what are waffle cookies?

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Truth be told, not a day goes by that I don't think about finding that special person, settling down, and starting a family. Nothing so far, but a guy can dream can't he? And only time will tell. Only time will tell....

How old are you? If you're still young, you have like decades still.

ToTheNines
03-28-2017, 05:29 PM
I'm 16, so yes I'm married with kids.

Wow man, between you and Gold there's some mature ass young blokes around here.

DestronMirage22
03-28-2017, 05:32 PM
How old are you? If you're still young, you have like decades still.

Don't worry about it. Just know that I do have a lot of life left to live, but I still don't think I'll ever be truly happy in regards to love. Things like that never seem to go my way. :(

Dust
03-28-2017, 05:41 PM

I do try my best :lol: I guess it's because I've been raised well, and looking after my siblings as they all have autism definitely has definitely helped in some way. Though of course I am immature every so often, not finished learning yet, probably never will :lol:
As long as I don't turn out like Cubed at 30 years old I'll be happy.

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 05:43 PM

At the age of 30 people try to act young so they don't become old coots. 30 is the new 20.

It's also why you see some other 30 year olds still go to bars and parties and "act gangsta" because they're afraid of getting old.

Dust
03-28-2017, 05:51 PM
At the age of 30 people try to act young so they don't become old coots. 30 is the new 20.

It's also why you see some other 30 year olds still go to bars and parties and "act gangsta" because they're afraid of getting old.

I get that, it was more about some of the things that you post here, as long as I'm posting nothing like that at 30, I'll be fine. You do post some pretty stupid **** sometimes. Sorry if it feels like I'm targeting you lol

ProphetofGanja
03-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Don't worry about it. Just know that I do have a lot of life left to live, but I still don't think I'll ever be truly happy in regards to love. Things like that never seem to go my way. :(

Gotta have a positive attitude first man, that'll go a long way. Look on the bright side!

I do try my best :lol: I guess it's because I've been raised well, and looking after my siblings as they all have autism definitely has definitely helped in some way. Though of course I am immature every so often, not finished learning yet, probably never will :lol:

I can only imagine. I have worked with many autistic children and I know there's a whole range of things you can see

ToTheNines
03-28-2017, 05:53 PM

You're my new favorite.

"act gangsta"

**** you.

GoldMutant
03-28-2017, 05:54 PM

I feel honored. :D Dust and I will make things right for the young ones after the Mew attacked. :lol:

Yep, no kids and not married/in a relationship. I may want to adopt a kid possibly in the future if I were to marry, but that's for the future.

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 05:54 PM
It's true though, you see middle age men in their 30's yelling and cackling at bars/parties like they're still in their early 20's.

AT-Man
03-28-2017, 05:57 PM
It's true though, you see middle age men in their 30's yelling and cackling at bars/parties like they're still in their early 20's.

30 isn't middle aged. I thought we went over this already?

TheSkeletonMan939
Are you implying you even leave the house?

ProphetofGanja

I think he was irritated by your odd use of the word "gangsta"... what you know about that???

GoldMutant
03-28-2017, 06:02 PM
Are you implying you even leave the house?

To get the Supergirl DVDs and TMNT merchandise? He's got to head somewhere for it. :lol:

Also, "ConfinedCubed" has a nice ring to it.

Dust
03-28-2017, 06:03 PM
You're my new favorite.

**** you.
I'm honoured

Gotta have a positive attitude first man, that'll go a long way. Look on the bright side!

I can only imagine. I have worked with many autistic children and I know there's a whole range of things you can see

I've gotten used to it by now, and most days it's not that bad. Just little things now, like how one of my brothers doesn't like cutting his nails or hair, and is lacking socially, while my other brother is very wild and also has ADHD, so has medicine to calm him down, he's lovely though. My sister is older than me and it's hard to tell she has autism a lot of the time, though again she used struggle when it came to being social and talking.

Wouldn't want to have them any other way though.

Prowler
03-28-2017, 06:08 PM

By "acting gangsta" are you referring to the fashion commonly worn by wiggers, delinquents and such?

ABrown
03-28-2017, 06:11 PM
Been married for a little over seven years. I have a step son who's 16 and twin boys who are about to turn four.

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 06:13 PM
This is what 30 year olds do nowadays, in fact this is from a 30th birthday party according to google:

https://thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/mksdf1.jpg

30+ year olds still purposely act like they're in their early 20's or so to avoid being old fogey's.

30 years old of today are nothing like they were in our parents generation where they were basically old prunes.

Dust
03-28-2017, 06:15 PM
This is what 30 year olds do nowadays, in fact this is from a 30th birthday party according to google:

https://thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/mksdf1.jpg

30+ year olds still purposely act like they're in their early 20's or so to avoid being old fogey's.

30 years old of today are nothing like they were in our parents generation where they were basically old prunes.

30 year olds aren't even that old, they're allowed a pint from the pub, to have parties and go to bars with their mates. It's not exclusive to 20 year olds you know. People older than 30 do it, in fact my parents who are in their mids 40s went for a night out with friends and some family a couple months ago. I swear you don't go outside, all you know are stereotypes from TV shows and video games.

Rooish
03-28-2017, 06:18 PM
I'm just curious, what are waffle cookies?

More importantly, how could a fight have started regarding this?

Prowler
03-28-2017, 06:19 PM
30 year olds aren't even that old, they're allowed a pint from the pub, to have parties and go to bars with their mates. It's not exclusive to 20 year olds you know. People older than 30 do it, in fact my parents who are in their mids 40s went for a night out with friends and some family a couple months ago. I swear you don't go outside, all you know are stereotypes from TV shows and video games.
That makes me wonder what kind of tv shows and movies does he watch since I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of stuff on TV involving dudes in their 30s partying. Sure people in their mid-late 30s don't party as much as they did in their early 20s but it's not like they're old people sitting at home watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

Dust
03-28-2017, 06:27 PM
That makes me wonder what kind of tv shows and movies does he watch since I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of stuff on TV involving dudes in their 30s partying. Sure people in their mid-late 30s don't party as much as they did in their early 20s but it's not like they're old people sitting at home watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

In his mind, it's 1987, it's been 1987 for 30 years, the OT is stuck on repeat in his head. The mind of a 2 year old with the vocabulary of a 30 year old.

Prowler
03-28-2017, 06:28 PM
In his mind, it's 1987, it's been 1987 for 30 years, the OT is stuck on repeat in his head. The mind of a 2 year old with the vocabulary of a 30 year old.
That's why I don't buy him being 99% on the internet like he is in real life. He has a job and went to university. Not even the less socially aware and the most alienated people I've met were as oblivious as he is :lol:

Dust
03-28-2017, 06:31 PM
That's why I don't buy him being 99% on the internet like he is in real life. He has a job and went to university. Not even the less socially aware and the most alienated people I've met were as oblivious as he is :lol:

CyberCubed just be a character that he plays for laughs, no one is truly that oblivious in real life :lol:

ssjup81
03-28-2017, 07:57 PM

They're 15 and 14 years old now respectively, and it's been interesting to watch them grow up over the last 15 years. I can't imagine now how different things would be had they never been born.This is the case with my father's family.

My grandmother had him in her 40s (I think). She didn't know that she was pregnant until she had him. She thought she was going through menopause. My father and uncle were 20-something years apart in age. He was from the same generation as my grandmother (mother's side).

As for my grandfather (who died when I was 11) had a bunch of kids with another woman after my grandmother. The oldest of that set is 13 years younger than my father. The rest were born throughout the 70s into the early 80s. One of his kids is the same age as me. The other two are younger. One is a year younger and the youngest was born in 1984....so I have an uncle that's my age (we're four months apart) and two uncles younger than me.

I rarely see this side of the family since they're in New York and I grew up in Virginia. My father is from New York and my mother is from Virginia.

Utrommaniac
03-28-2017, 08:54 PM
I was my father's firstborn at 43; my mother was something like 28. It makes for some...interesting stories.
One of which involves this being one of the longest-lasting mugs in the household.
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mnr3YvdK_m2jZprtvofG2Gg.jpg
And also my very first Far Side.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 09:25 PM
It sounds that way, right? But look at, I dunno, the descriptions of about 2 or 3 of his stories there. And the most recent one is only a couple years old. Mostly as far as I can figure he just sits there eating waffle cookies, writing about his fictional self meeting Teen Titans and Michelangelo and doing hot yoga with them and such.

You sure you're not obsessed me? I swear the more we circle-jerk over this stuff, I'm further convinced that I'm living rent free in that vodka soaked melon of yours, and it's just sad. I honestly pity you at this point. Nothing you say can rile me up anymore like it did in the past. I only respond out of guilt and remorse for letting things get this far. Clearly you're not getting the hint that you're making me and everybody else here uncomfortable. I'm sorry but this is the last time I'm going to be addressing you here. If you have something to say to me, say it in private... not in these threads!!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2a/94/32/2a943257662041ec4b8b7ebc97b8bc3d.jpg

ToTheNines
03-28-2017, 09:33 PM
You've said you're "ignoring him from now on" at least twice now. We're going to hold you to it this time.

Katie
03-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Haha I posted in the wrong topic.

Not married, been close a couple times. No kids but not for lack of trying. Oh well

Jephael
03-28-2017, 09:42 PM
You've said you're "ignoring him from now on" at least twice now. We're going to hold you to it this time.

Sure thing, dude. Check your PM box when ya get the chance!!!

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 10:51 PM
I'm really surprised so many people in this thread don't have or don't plan on ever having kids. There are a lot of people here who are fathers like Jester, who hasn't posted here yet.

Prowler
03-28-2017, 10:56 PM
I'm really surprised so many people in this thread don't have or don't plan on ever having kids. There are a lot of people here who are fathers like Jester, who hasn't posted here yet.
Why are you surprised?

CyberCubed
03-28-2017, 11:10 PM
Why are you surprised?

This place has a lot of older people in their late 20's and 30's, you'd think there would be more parents here.

Jephael
03-28-2017, 11:12 PM
This place has a lot of older people in their late 20's and 30's, you'd think there would be more parents here.

I'm an uncle, so does that count?

Andrew NDB
03-28-2017, 11:20 PM
You sure you're not obsessed me? I swear the more we circle-jerk over this stuff, I'm further convinced that I'm living rent free in that vodka soaked melon of yours, and it's just sad. I honestly pity you at this point. Nothing you say can rile me up anymore like it did in the past. I only respond out of guilt and remorse for letting things get this far. Clearly you're not getting the hint that you're making me and everybody else here uncomfortable. I'm sorry but this is the last time I'm going to be addressing you here. If you have something to say to me, say it in private... not in these threads!!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2a/94/32/2a943257662041ec4b8b7ebc97b8bc3d.jpg

You seem to have... an obsession with... people being "obsessed" with you. Like when you were whining about Powder being "obsessed" with you to me last week.

Prowler
03-28-2017, 11:42 PM
A lot of people don't have kids nowadays or have them later due to economic reasons and such. We no longer live in an era where everyone had 3-4 kids by the time they were 22.

Cure
03-28-2017, 11:50 PM
You seem to have... an obsession with... people being "obsessed" with you. Like when you were whining about Powder being "obsessed" with you to me last week.

He thought I was obsessed with him for a bit, too. Remember that?

Andrew NDB
03-29-2017, 12:16 AM
He thought I was obsessed with him for a bit, too. Remember that?

Seems to be the go to.

CyberCubed
03-29-2017, 12:52 PM
A lot of people don't have kids nowadays or have them later due to economic reasons and such. We no longer live in an era where everyone had 3-4 kids by the time they were 22.

It's more that many people now choose not to have kids.

Back in the 80's and 90's, adults were expected to have around 2.5 children. It was the traditional values expected of us by our forefathers. If you were an adult with no kids you were viewed as an outcast by society.

Dust
03-29-2017, 01:07 PM
It's more that many people now choose not to have kids.

Back in the 80's and 90's, adults were expected to have around 2.5 children. It was the traditional values expected of us by our forefathers. If you were an adult with no kids you were viewed as an outcast by society.

How does someone have half a child? Anyway, we're not talking about the 80's and 90's, we're talking about now, so that's not really important anymore.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-29-2017, 01:22 PM
How does someone have half a child? Anyway, we're not talking about the 80's and 90's, we're talking about now, so that's not really important anymore.

King Solomon could explain it to you.

ABrown
03-29-2017, 01:31 PM
How does someone have half a child?

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you're joking, and that you do realize that it's an average (one couple has two and other couple has three, which averages out to 2.5).

Dust
03-29-2017, 01:37 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you're joking, and that you do realize that it's an average (one couple has two and other couple has three, which averages out to 2.5).

Yes I'm joking, it's just the way Cubed phrased it.

CyberCubed
03-29-2017, 02:40 PM
"2.5 kids" is basically what people call families who have 2 or 3 children. Look at The Simpsons, two kids and Maggie the baby, that was inspired by the "Most families have 2.5 kids" standard back in the 80's.

Jester
03-29-2017, 02:51 PM
Father's be busy, Cubed.

Married with 1 son and one due in May...but probably be here sooner. Also have a red bone coon hound mix, too.

Rooish
03-29-2017, 03:54 PM
Father's be busy, Cubed.

Married with 1 son and one due in May...but probably be here sooner. Also have a red bone coon hound mix, too.

OMG! I love those dogs. Where the Red Fern Grows and all that.

Jester
03-29-2017, 03:58 PM
OMG! I love those dogs. Where the Red Fern Grows and all that.

Debated naming him Ol' Dan...but our son named him Mudge after another book dog.

CyberCubed
03-29-2017, 04:25 PM
Jester since you were born in the 80's you were expected by your parents to have kids someday, right? It seems to adhere to the old traditional family values that parents expected their kids to follow in their footsteps.

Nowadays due to the rise of gay/lesbian relationships, and people choosing not to have children, seems like the days of everyone expecting to have kids and a traditional family are now over.

Jester
03-29-2017, 06:17 PM
I know a married lesbian couple with triplets....so....

ssjup81
03-29-2017, 07:09 PM
Jester since you were born in the 80's you were expected by your parents to have kids someday, right? It seems to adhere to the old traditional family values that parents expected their kids to follow in their footsteps.

Nowadays due to the rise of gay/lesbian relationships, and people choosing not to have children, seems like the days of everyone expecting to have kids and a traditional family are now over.People avoid having kids these days for economic reasons. Lack of job security and no more "jobs for life".

Also, there are some who don't have patience for kids and shouldn't.

Prowler
03-29-2017, 07:32 PM

Nowadays due to the rise of gay/lesbian relationships, and people choosing not to have children, seems like the days of everyone expecting to have kids and a traditional family are now over.
I was born in 1990 but my brother was born in the early 80s. Our mom has told us before she'd like grandkids someday so she'd have someone to spoil.

Meanwhile. my brother is 34 and isn't married nor does he have kids or wants them, as far as I know. I'm 26 and am also single and have no kids. Looks like our mother won't ever become a grandma! :trazz:

Cryomancer
03-29-2017, 07:47 PM
I don't care who wants me to have kids. I know it's a bad idea, top to bottom, for me, whatever lady I'd rope into it, and the theoretical kids themselves. MAYBE if I somehow became super rich and also moved to a better country. But probably not even then, my genetics ain't anything worth having. I'm a dead end and I'm fine with that.

Prowler
03-29-2017, 07:49 PM
I don't care who wants me to have kids. I know it's a bad idea, top to bottom, for me, whatever lady I'd rope into it, and the theoretical kids themselves. MAYBE if I somehow became super rich and also moved to a better country. But probably not even then, my genetics ain't anything worth having. I'm a dead end and I'm fine with that.
For me it's not even a genetic thing since, as far as I know, I have no major health issues that I could possibly pass down to someone else. My problem is the responsibility of raising a kid. I simply could never handle it and I cannot put the needs of another human being ove my own. I don't want to ever worry about having to put food on anyone's plate except mine.

Powder
03-29-2017, 08:01 PM

This is how I feel too.

CyberCubed
03-29-2017, 09:13 PM
I always said if I have a future son I will raise him to like everything I like. I was expose him to Ninja Turtles, Nintendo, Batman, Pokemon, etc. all at a young age and he will grow up all with my interests from the 80's and 90's, not whatever the young kids watch on today nowadays.

My future son won't leave the house until he's completed every major Nintendo game over the last 30 years and watched all 3 TMNT cartoons of 150-200 episodes, and read all the Mirage, IDW and Archie comics to date.

MsMarvelDuckie
03-29-2017, 09:19 PM
And he will hate you. Maybe even murderously. Kids have minds of their own; they will like what THEY want not what we want them to like. Especially if it's shoved down their throats.

Prowler
03-29-2017, 09:21 PM
And he will hate you. Maybe even murderously. Kids have minds of their own; they will like what THEY want not what we want them to like. Especially if it's shoved down their throats.
yeah it's fine if you want to introduce him to your favourite franchises but don't expect your kid to like everything you do. There's always gonna be generational shock between you and him.

And honestly, CyberCubed, I just can't see you as a husband, let alone a father. No offence.

Jephael
03-29-2017, 11:25 PM
Kids have minds of their own; they will like what THEY want not what we want them to like. Especially if it's shoved down their throats.

I can relate to this. About 4 years ago when my family were in the process of moving from our hometown to where my sister lived, I had a hard time saying goodbye to my friends and certain relatives that I'd grown close to. I keep in touch with most of them to this day via phone, text and Facebook.

My parents on the other hand tried to distance themselves from our loved ones back home and would relentlessly pester me to do the same. I made it crystal clear I wasn't ready to move on, especially when concerning a friendship I had just started with a young man 10 years my junior I met at Wellspring Clubhouse who I share many common interests and goals with.

For those first few months in Carlisle, things were tense and it got to a point I said and did some scary things that I now regret, especially when I threatened to kill myself over a girl I missed back home (yea, I was definitely thinking with my boner on that one). Looking back at all of it now, I realize I let my parents' control issues overpower my better judgement, and it's something I'm still struggling with to this day.

I see the same thing happening between my sister and her 11 year-old daughter (my niece), and it just breaks my heart to see the cycle continue like that. It never ends... :tcry:

Utrommaniac
03-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Here is my philosophy: It's okay to give your kids great exposure to your personal nostalgia. But it will alienate them from their own generation if you don't let them enjoy anything from theirs. Which will create resentment.

Granted, if I had a child now, I'd still be picky about what they'd watch. Obviously they'd be watching currently-running shows because I'm watching them too. But I wouldn't want them watching something like Teen Titans Go, or anything in the league of "stupid for stupid's sake", because I know that they won't stay kids who would like that sort of stuff. I'd want them to have something they'll enjoy beyond childhood, much in the same vein as TMNT is now.

Jephael
03-29-2017, 11:47 PM
Here is my philosophy: It's okay to give your kids great exposure to your personal nostalgia. But it will alienate them from their own generation if you don't let them enjoy anything from theirs. Which will create resentment.

Granted, if I had a child now, I'd still be picky about what they'd watch. Obviously they'd be watching currently-running shows because I'm watching them too. But I wouldn't want them watching something like Teen Titans Go, or anything in the league of "stupid for stupid's sake", because I know that they won't stay kids who would like that sort of stuff. I'd want them to have something they'll enjoy beyond childhood, much in the same vein as TMNT is now.

I got my 6 year-old nephew interested in the current Ninja Turtles cartoon, but he also enjoys watching both the Fred Wolf and 4Kids cartoon from time to time. I also got both him and hi sister interested in Henry Danger. I will admit though, that particular series does fit into the "stupid for stupid sake" category, but at the same time I really like the acting on the show.