PDA

View Full Version : Josh Whedon Batgirl Solo Film ?

Autbot_Benz
03-30-2017, 10:49 AM
Batgirl is flying solo. The superheroine is getting her own standalone movie from filmmaker Joss Whedon.

Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce an untitled Batgirl pic for Warner Bros. as part of its DC Extended Universe.

No other producers are currently attached. Toby Emmerich, president and chief content officer of Warner Bros. Pictures Group is overseeing with Jon Berg and Geoff Johns. The new project originated in the past month.

Batgirl is one of the most popular superheroines in the world, but has never gotten her own movie. The project will also feature other characters from the world of Gotham.

Batgirl first appeared in DC Comics in 1967 as Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon in “The Million Dollar Debut of Batgirl!” by writer Gardner Fox and artist Carmine Infantino.

The Batgirl project will be the second movie from DC Films to star a female lead after Gal Gadot’s “Wonder Woman,” which opens June 2. Extensive footage was shown Wednesday at CinemaCon.

source http://variety.com/2017/film/news/batgirl-movie-joss-whedon-warner-bros-1202018544/

plastroncafe
03-30-2017, 10:52 AM
Cue the nerdboy rage in 3...2...1...

TheSkeletonMan939
03-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Batgirl is flying solo. The superheroine is getting her own standalone movie

Yaaay!

... from filmmaker Joss Whedon.

... Forget it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 10:58 AM
Not sure how I feel about Whedon doing it, as I'd probably prefer some other directors, but YES.

Batgirl to the big screen!

What won't happen, but I'd love to be the case, would be Babs as Oracle training the new Batgirl (probably Cassandra Cain) with flashbacks to Babs as the first Batgirl.

Andrew NDB
03-30-2017, 11:02 AM
What won't happen, but I'd love to be the case, would be Babs as Oracle training the new Batgirl (probably Cassandra Cain) with flashbacks to Babs as the first Batgirl.

In this particular DC cinematic universe that would make the most sense. It's kind of strange if the very first Batgirl ever pops up in a Dark Knight Returns-era.

A lot of very strange decisions.

So right now, in development, we have Nightwing, Batgirl, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad 2, Harley Quinn: The Movie, Green Lantern Corps, Justice League Dark, Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman, Man of Steel 2, and The Batman.

lol... not even half of those will ever happen.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Wasn't Batgirl, or at least Barbara Gordon, supposed to be in BvS?

Andrew NDB
03-30-2017, 11:06 AM
Wasn't Batgirl, or at least Barbara Gordon, supposed to be in BvS?

No, never. Though a ton of people speculated/really wanted to believe that Jena Malone was playing Barbara Gordon in her deleted scenes. But the scenes were restored in the extended cut, and that's not Barbara.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Yeah, shoulda Googled that. Jena Malone's character was rumored to be Babs but that never was the case.

Krutch
03-30-2017, 11:08 AM
I love Whedon, so I'm game for whatever he does. Surprised he's having another go at a superhero universe movie so soon after the way Marvel treated him on AoU.

To me, this and the Nightwing movie announcement a couple weeks back feels like more evidence leaning towards Affleck being on his way out.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 11:13 AM
In this particular DC cinematic universe that would make the most sense. It's kind of strange if the very first Batgirl ever pops up in a Dark Knight Returns-era.

A lot of very strange decisions.

So right now, in development, we have Nightwing, Batgirl, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad 2, Harley Quinn: The Movie, Green Lantern Corps, Justice League Dark, Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman, Man of Steel 2, and The Batman.

lol... not even half of those will ever happen.

Yeah. But you and I both know which of those movies have a much higher chance of happening. I call it the "Batman" test...

Nightwing? Batman sidekick, so Yes.
Batgirl? Batman sidekick, so Yes.
Black Adam? Nope.
Shazam? Nope.
Gotham City Sirens? Batman rogues, so Yes.
Suicide Squad? Batman rogues, so Yes.
Green Lantern Corps? Nope.
Justice League Dark? Nope.
Cyborg? Nope.
The Flash? Nope.
Aquaman? Not Batman, but already filming, so Yes.
Man of Steel 2? I really hope otherwise, but Nope.
The Batman? Eventually, Yes.

NinjaPug
03-30-2017, 11:25 AM
They'll make Black Adam simply to keep the Rock in the fold.

CyberCubed
03-30-2017, 11:35 AM
Joss Whedon is going to have Batgirl constantly making quips and then talking about how women are so much stronger than men in the movie, right?

Andrew NDB
03-30-2017, 11:37 AM
Joss Whedon is going to have Batgirl constantly making quips and then talking about how women are so much stronger than men in the movie, right?

Or maybe have a heart-to-heart with Killer Croc, talking about how similar they are to each other because the Joker sterilized her when he shot her in the gut.

Autbot_Benz
03-30-2017, 11:40 AM
At least its not Paul Fieg's batgirl where all the men are incompetent morons and Batgirl is played by an unfunny middle aged woman :lol:

drgon78
03-30-2017, 11:58 AM
I would be interested depending who they cast as Batgirl and as long as they are not going with the Oracle story line.

AquaParade
03-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Surprised by the reaction.

I think this is a great choice, but I don't have strong ties to Batgirl.

I wouldn't vouch for everything Joss does, but he has done some great work. Love his Astonishing X-Men run and I think he did well with the first Avengers film.

This seems to be right up his alley. Hopefully he can squeeze a little Batfleck in there. assuming Ben sticks around. I wouldn't be surprised if part of his departure as director of The Batman coincides with an agreement to do some more cameos in other DC films. I could see WB seeing this as a good compromise.

CyberCubed
03-30-2017, 12:07 PM
The thing is though since this Batman is in his 40's and Dick is already Nightwing, wouldn't Barbara have to be in her 30's at least?

They can't do a young 20 something year old Barbara in College if everyone else is already older in this universe.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 12:16 PM
The thing is though since this Batman is in his 40's and Dick is already Nightwing, wouldn't Barbara have to be in her 30's at least?

They can't do a young 20 something year old Barbara in College if everyone else is already older in this universe.

Hence why my idea might actually come to pass... hopefully the DCEU is willing to embrace the idea of Robin and Batgirl as mantles passed down from individual to individual.

I mean... we've got a dead Robin and a Nightwing movie, so it seems this is indeed will be the case. But it's easier to sell the non-comic audience on "multiple Robins" then on "multiple Batgirls." Just look at the New 52. :trolleye:

CyberCubed
03-30-2017, 12:18 PM
I can't seem making any Batgirl movie about anyone other than Barbara Gordon though. She's the only well known Batgirl to the general public.

NinjaPug
03-30-2017, 12:19 PM
DC just needs to ignore timelines/continuity like Fox does with their Marvel movies and make the movie they want and not try to fit it into any shared universe.

plastroncafe
03-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Just from the outset this looks like a DC movie I'll catch in the theater.
That hasn't happened since Man of Steel.

What I'm trying hardest to figure out is who Summer Glau will end up being cast as...

AquaParade
03-30-2017, 12:23 PM
This doesn't have to be set in the current timeline. Wouldn't be surprised if the Batman movie takes place before the events of Man of Steel either.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 12:25 PM
Just from the outset this looks like a DC movie I'll catch in the theater.
That hasn't happened since Man of Steel.

What I'm trying hardest to figure out is who Summer Glau will end up being cast as...

Talia al Ghul? I'd be down for that.

And yeah, I'm super excited and hopeful for this. It's not often when I can take the wife to a CBM that SHE'S excited for. So far, it's been Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2, the Captain America sequels, and Wonder Woman...

NinjaPug
03-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Per Entertainment Weekly:

Sources tell EW that this version will be Barbara Gordon, daughter of Commissioner Gordon, and the movie will use the DC Comics “New 52” version of the character as a starting point.

In that timeline, launched in 2011, Barbara Gordon has recovered from a paralyzing spinal injury notoriously inflicted on her by the Joker in the 1988 graphic novel The Killing Joke. In the earlier books, that damage confined her to a wheelchair and ended her flying, swinging, punching career as Batgirl — but she continued to fight the good fight under the name Oracle as a super-hacker.

The New 52 books feature her several years after the Joker attack, having recovered full mobility after experimental surgery, although she is still haunted by the near-death experience.

It’s unclear how much of that series, written by Gail Simone, will be incorporated into Whedon’s film, but sources tell EW the movie will follow Simone’s harder-edged storyline rather than the more comical, playful “Batgirl of Burnside” series that was rebooted in 2014, featuring the hero as a social-media obsessed student living in a hipster neighborhood of Gotham.

AquaParade
03-30-2017, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this was WB's intended take on "A Killing Joke".

Not saying it's a great idea to do it this way, but they like to adapt the comic book storylines.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Per Entertainment Weekly:

Well. Yeah. Figured. :tsad:

Disappointed, but not surprised. Just avoid "Burnside" and "HipsterBabs" and I'll be content.

Also, some Killing Joke flashbacks would be nice.

plastroncafe
03-30-2017, 12:40 PM
Yay! Flashbacks to when Babs was sexually victimized as a kid!
Just what we needed!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 12:43 PM
Just what we needed!

Would it be less fridgy if she was just physically crippled and the whole sexual angle of Joker's attack was completely ignored?

Also, hopefully we can get Babs to create a Birds of Prey... and bring in Spoiler, Huntress, Black Canary, and STARLING.

Candy Kappa
03-30-2017, 12:45 PM
I'd love to see a Whedon movie of Batgirl of Burnside, it's fun, spunky and entertaining.

Whedon doing a movie based off Simone's stuff would be nifty too. But, the less KJ the better, there's enough doom and gloom in DCEU

plastroncafe
03-30-2017, 12:49 PM
Would it be less fridgy if she was just physically crippled and the whole sexual angle of Joker's attack was completely ignored?

Not really.
I mean, maybe if I considered myself more of a DC person the tweak would have more meaning?
But to be honest? Even with Whedon at the helm, a dude whose stuff I am generally a fan of, I'm all good with that story line.

Andrew NDB
03-30-2017, 12:50 PM
I see that name in there again, though. That's what's going to screw this up.

Geoff Johns.

ranger_scout
03-30-2017, 01:02 PM
Right now I'm VERY TORN on this. I'm a big fan of the character of Batgirl, but for the past couple of years I have not watched anything Whedon has done in the past or present. What he did here is truly awful.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3890026/filmmaker-joss-whedon-wishes-for-death-of-paul-ryan-on-twitter-because-its-funny/

The same can be said for Whedon's good friend Mark Ruffalo and his work. Since late 2015 I have been taking a long hiatus from watching him in anything until Thor: Ragnorak because of him being so extreme and public about his own dirty habits.

The LEGO Batman Movie really allowed Barbara Gordon/Batgirl to shine. So, while I might have to think a while about seeing this film I hoping that the movie will show her in a positive light.

AquaParade
03-30-2017, 01:06 PM
I see that name in there again, though. That's what's going to screw this up.

Geoff Johns.

Judging by his comics, I can't understand what everyone seems to love about Geoff Johns.

That being said, I'm not sure why you think he'll screw this up. I feel like he probably has little say in this, despite his new title. Maybe you know something I don't.

Andrew NDB
03-30-2017, 01:20 PM
Also, hopefully we can get Babs to create a Birds of Prey... and bring in Spoiler, Huntress, Black Canary, and STARLING.

I'm sure that'd be the idea.

What's also funny is that Whedon very publicly announced just a couple months back that he wouldn't be doing anything with "other people's characters" in the foreseeable future. WB must have had a sizeable truck of money for him.

raph27
03-30-2017, 01:21 PM
I find it funny that the director of the first two giant crossover movies in the MCU is now doing a DCCU movie.

As for the actual movie, I feel the same way about this that I do with the Nightwing movie. I'm very excited for them but DC has been announcing way too many movies. At least see how WW and JL do before announcing 10+ movies.

Andrew NDB
03-30-2017, 01:25 PM
At least see how WW and JL do before announcing 10+ movies.

It's sort of a much, much more bloated version of the typical studio attempts to instill audience confidence when a movie premieres.

You know, Green Lantern drops... suddenly there's 10 articles about, "Green Lantern 2 is greenlit!" and so forth, and all the fans take it as an absolute. And then the movie never even makes it to pre-production. We've seen that kind of thing happen a million times.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-30-2017, 01:38 PM
And it's such a foolish thing to do when you're just starting out. Announcing their entire ten-year plan on one day, one event, was the absolute stupidest way DC could have kicked off their cinematic universe. Announcing effing Cyborg when BvS hadn't come out yet.... what genius came up with that?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 01:40 PM
And it's such a foolish thing to do when you're just starting out. Announcing their entire ten-year plan on one day, one event, was the absolute stupidest way DC could have kicked off their cinematic universe. Announcing effing Cyborg when BvS hadn't come out yet.... what genius came up with that?

Shhh. Shhhh. Don't question genius.

Only hopes and dreams and puppies and starlight now. And incredible movies.

:tlol:

The day Cyborg comes out in theaters is the day we know the Matrix is glitching.

Splinter the boss
03-30-2017, 01:42 PM
I would love to see a batgirl movie. I hope it happens. It has to be great though.

ZariusTwo
03-30-2017, 01:43 PM
I'd love to see a Whedon movie of Batgirl of Burnside, it's fun, spunky and entertaining.

It's also not Batgirl

Candy Kappa
03-30-2017, 01:56 PM
It's also not Batgirl

And Spider-Man never got married and had a kid.

ProphetofGanja
03-30-2017, 01:56 PM

Yeah, they are going to have to take some hits for that when some more of their movies underperform. I'd be surprised if they release every single movie they've announced

TheSkeletonMan939
03-30-2017, 02:20 PM
I don't even think Flash is happening. Comic book movies are THE big thing right now, and the fact that two directors ran away as far as they could from the film, in such a short period of time, indicates that there is something very toxic and evil about that film that no one wants to play ball with.

Shazam... no way is that happening. I feel like the only reason it exists is so that Marvel doesn't get The Rock too.
Cyborg... nah.

CyberCubed
03-30-2017, 02:23 PM
They're probably just going to focus on all Batman related characters and drop all the other superhero projects, besides ones currently in production like Aquaman.

Depending if Wonder Woman does well they might greenlit a sequel for it, but we'll have to wait and see how it does first.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 02:37 PM
They're probably just going to focus on all Batman related characters and drop all the other superhero projects, besides ones currently in production like Aquaman.

Depending if Wonder Woman does well they might greenlit a sequel for it, but we'll have to wait and see how it does first.

I feel like Green Lantern Corps could still happen. That one's got a LOT of potential.

Andrew NDB
03-30-2017, 02:43 PM
I feel like Green Lantern Corps could still happen. That one's got a LOT of potential.

Probably. And the "right" people want it to happen.

ToTheNines
03-30-2017, 02:46 PM
Really can't picture Whedon doing DCFU. But this could be cool.

Not saying it's a great idea to do it this way, but they like to adapt the comic book storylines.

You mean "adapt".

Also agree with what you said about how they should ditch the continuity and just make movies. Everything they do seems to be anti-marvel anyways, right down to refusing to utilize post-credit scenes (until they caved with SS) why not shared universe too?

Just what we needed!

Seens awfully regressive to suggest that bad things can't happen to females. Especially since she perseveres and continues to fight crime with a disability. And later even recovers.

You know bad stuff happens to females in real life, right?

And Spider-Man never got married and had a kid.

YES HE DID AND HER NAMES MAYDAY!!!!

:P

ZariusTwo
03-30-2017, 02:47 PM
YES HE DID AND HER NAMES MAYDAY!!!!

:P

And currently it's Annie-May:D

(Also, he had a son in Mayday's timeline too)

plastroncafe
03-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Seens awfully regressive to suggest that bad things can't happen to females. Especially since she perseveres and continues to fight crime with a disability. And later even recovers.

You know bad stuff happens to females in real life, right?

3/10.
Troll harder next time.
Possibly at someone who wasn't sexually assaulted as a teenager.

ZariusTwo
03-30-2017, 03:03 PM
I do hope once Rebirth ends, it's revealed the only reason Babs recovered was because of Mahattan's alteration, and she snaps back into being a cripple and remembers she's actually married to Dick.

I don't say that to be a **** or anything, I just preferred her fighting crime while coping with her disability, not magically recovering from it and taking 20 year steps back in maturity.

ToTheNines
03-30-2017, 03:07 PM
3/10.
Troll harder next time.
Possibly at someone who wasn't sexually assaulted as a teenager.

Not trolling. How was I supposed to know that happened to you. And how the hell do you know that I've never been molested?

plastroncafe
03-30-2017, 03:14 PM
Not trolling. How was I supposed to know that happened to you. And how the hell do you know that I've never been molested?

I don't, but then I wasn't the one who made the glib, "you know bad things do happen to "women" in real life, right?" remark.

Next time maybe you'll be more careful when you're making purposely provocative remarks for the sole purpose of getting an emotional rise out of people you barely know.

ProphetofGanja
03-30-2017, 03:15 PM
I don't know much about the character, but I think they have a good opportunity to do something interesting with the story and tell a kind of story that hasn't been done before. It would be cool to see the ex-Batgirl Oracle pass the mantle down to a new Batgirl, with a cameo by the Batfleck

ToTheNines
03-30-2017, 03:27 PM
I don't, but then I wasn't the one who made the glib, "you know bad things do happen to "women" in real life, right?" remark.

Next time maybe you'll be more careful when you're making purposely provocative remarks for the sole purpose of getting an emotional rise out of people you barely know.

I'm really sorry. I didn't mean it that way and I apologize.

I posed the rhetorical question because it seemed to me that you were simply detracting KJ because "fridging". I think it's overrated and I personally would never write that kind of story, but I still find Batgirl to be an uplifting character. Even when awful sh*t happens, we still keep fighting. Although, Joker never got what was coming to him, which is unfortunate.

Did you ever read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo books? I thought they were all brilliant.

ProphetofGanja
03-30-2017, 03:44 PM

I posed the rhetorical question because it seemed to me that you were simply detracting KJ because "fridging". I think it's overrated and I personally would never write that kind of story, but I still find Batgirl to be an uplifting character. Even when awful sh*t happens, we still keep fighting. Although, Joker never got what was coming to him, which is unfortunate.

Did you ever read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo books? I thought they were all brilliant.

The fourth one, written by some other guy, was weaker than the rest but still decent. I guess that was to be expected. Wish Larsson could have stuck around to finish the ten he originally envisioned. I read all four in a pretty short period of time and got super into the stories, Lisbeth is a major bad ass

plastroncafe
03-30-2017, 03:46 PM

Thank you.

I don't object to this new Batgirl movie having traces of The Killing Joke in it because I'm overly sensitive to the subject matter, but rather because...it's done. It's been done. It's boring.

It's like...all anyone can think to do with Barbara Gordon, when they think about her at all, is make sure she's always a girl (ie: immature female human), and that she's always a vehicle for the men in her life to have feelings. Be that her dad, Bats, or Dick.

I find that boring.

I can see the train of thought:
We want a girl hero! Batman's the only property we're any good at cashing in on, OH how about Batgirl?! We can do The Killing Joke again. Then we've got the girl market, and the fanboy market! Everyone loves that story! And to make sure we keep that girl market, we'll get Whedon to direct! Girls love Whedon!

Only, the guy seems to be shedding his female fanbase like dresses drop after prom. I love the guy, love the bulk of his work, but that work only comes in a few different flavors. And once you've sampled them all, they're not new. I know more than a few people who are tired of what he's got to offer, and the way he chooses to present that.

Now if he was going to give us a Jessica Jones-style story about Barbara post Killing Joke? That...that I'd be interested in.

I have not, I did see the Americanized movie version.
The original title of the book series is appropriate: Men Who Hate Women

ProphetofGanja
03-30-2017, 04:00 PM
I have not, I did see the Americanized movie version.
The original title of the book series is appropriate: Men Who Hate Women

That film's alright, but Larsson's writing is superb. 10/10 would recommend

Andrew NDB
03-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Although, Joker never got what was coming to him, which is unfortunate.

Pretty sure he's died a few times since then.

ProphetofGanja
03-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Pretty sure he's died a few times since then.

Wasn't there a thing where his kid ripped his face off and then stapled it to themself? Did he die during that?

Chris
03-30-2017, 05:37 PM
Start of last year I'd have been so excited for this. I still am, kinda, as I think Josh Whedon could make a great Batgirl movie. But at this point WB/DC have like 15 movies announced for the DCEU (not even counting this year's WW & JL) and only Aquaman has any significant progress. They've announced so many films it's like they're just throwing (mostly Bat shaped) stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks. It's hard to get excited for something when 3 films in the DCEU hasn't produced 1 movie that can genuinely be called a crowd pleaser & the rest is basically a bunch of announcements with no tangible progress (except for Aquaman).

Plus I'm getting Bat fatigue already! I get that Batman is WB's comfort blanket and they're retreating to him in the wake of the BvS disaster but Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad 2 (likely to be Harley heavy again), it's a lot of Batman. I love the Bat family, there's lots of great characters there that can & should be mined for great films but not at the expense of the rest of the DCEU. Let's get Flash & GL sorted out before we start pushing ahead with Nightwing & Batgirl. Confirming those Vaughn rumours for Man of Steel 2 would be great as well.

TigerClaw
03-30-2017, 09:00 PM
Looks like the movie will focus on the New 52 version of Barbara Gordon
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/joss-whedons-batgirl-movie-will-reportedly-focus-on-the-new-52-version-of-barbara-gordon-a150043

ZariusTwo
03-31-2017, 03:57 AM
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/joss-whedons-batgirl-movie-will-reportedly-focus-on-the-new-52-version-of-barbara-gordon-a150043

AjZuGas6yRQ

Spike Spiegel
03-31-2017, 11:40 PM
They could do a lot worse than emulating the Gail Simone New 52 run. It got a little dark at times, but there was a great revised origin sequence that would be fun to see in a film.

TurtleTitan97
04-01-2017, 07:33 AM
They could do a lot worse than emulating the Gail Simone New 52 run. It got a little dark at times, but there was a great revised origin sequence that would be fun to see in a film.

^ This. It would be awesome if they pulled from that run.

Shark_Blade
04-01-2017, 08:22 AM

I have the comic and I love it. :tlove: This might be the best movie in the making yet.

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 02:10 AM
Just curious, who are the bad guys that Batgirl usually faces in her comic? They don't usually have her go against the main Batman villains, do they? I wonder who they would use in a movie. I could see them throwing Harley in the movie...just because.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Just curious, who are the bad guys that Batgirl usually faces in her comic? They don't usually have her go against the main Batman villains, do they? I wonder who they would use in a movie. I could see them throwing Harley in the movie...just because.

She hasn't really had any good villains in the New 52 or Burnside... there's always her brother James Jr, but I hate that storyline. Ugh. Gordon's son turns out to be a sociopathic serial killer. Stupid.

ranger_scout
07-01-2017, 09:53 AM
The shortlist of actresses who are up for the role has apparently surfaced.

Elle Fanning (Neon Demon/Live By Night)
Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel)
Bella Throne (Shake It Up!)
Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why)
Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers)
Jane Levy (Don’t Breathe)
Emma Roberts (Scream Queens)
Haley Lu Richardson (Split/Edge Of Seventeen)
Naomi Scott (Power Rangers)

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/rumor-shortlist-for-dcs-batgirl-movie-includes-elle-fanning-and-power-rangers-star-naomi-scott/

As I stated in another thread I'm hoping to see Elle Fanning in a superhero film some point. She was up for the role of Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse. However, Famke Janssen was worried that neither Fanning or Hailee Steinfeld, who was also up for the role, didn't look like a younger version of her. I do respect her views because I was very fortunate to have met her at a small film festival back in 2012.