PDA

View Full Version : Would you have liked it better if Capril happened in this show?

FredWolfLeonardo
03-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Personally, I don't mind the direction this show has gone regarding the love triangle (keep the shipping stuff for laughs, with April kissing Donnie every now and then) but I think it would've been interesting if they took this direction:

1. After the season 2 finale, the turtles, April and Casey are all living in the farmhouse. April is particularly devasted by the loss of her father so she seeks comfort in another person and male figure in her life, Casey, as she wants to take a break from always being surrounded by Mutants/aliens. Donnie takes a notice of this and initially tries to compete and catch Aprils attention, but realizes he is not meant for her when she decides to enter into a relationship with Casey. Donnie is heartbroken and initially in denial, but goes through the process of learning to let go while Casey learns the responsibilities of being in a relationship with April, becoming wiser and more caring with time and developing into a young man through the course of the series.

How would you liked if this idea happened in the show instead? I think it would've provided some great character development for both Donnie and Casey, Casey especially since I feel he's kinda downplayed recently.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
03-30-2017, 05:52 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7b/f6/b9/7bf6b94eee2b7c9c117b0e28379ed835.jpg

Who cares about Don? This is the love triangle I wanted to see.

ToTheNines
03-30-2017, 05:52 PM
They fornicated some time between Return to New York and Battle for New York.

IndigoErth
03-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Meh, I'm so bored of April and Casey... Given that they're so young, I'd rather it DIDN'T happen now and it is just assumed (but not by the characters) that they end up together later as adults, as usual.

As teens they can just drive each other crazy until they grow up and realize they've both become someone the other is attracted to.

neatoman
03-31-2017, 02:45 AM
It kind of did happen though, it's just rather subtle compared to how the movies, 4Kids and IDW handled it. "Capril" got kind of muddied this time given how the first season introduced the "Apritello" running gag (that's more or less what it is, a gag) before Casey was introduced and then perpetuated it.
With Casey and April you get some genuine moments like "I hope you'll find your missing head" instead weird ones like a pity kiss that may or may not have been the product of the Dream Beavers.

For the case of tradition...
Considering how April gets paired up with Casey in Mirage, TMNT 1990, Image, 4Kids, IDW and (I think, kind of of?) OotS, I don't think they'll break that tradition. Not when "April and one/all of the turtles" have never been anything other than a joke.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-31-2017, 05:43 PM
It kind of did happen though, it's just rather subtle compared to how the movies, 4Kids and IDW handled it. "Capril" got kind of muddied this time given how the first season introduced the "Apritello" running gag (that's more or less what it is, a gag) before Casey was introduced and then perpetuated it.
With Casey and April you get some genuine moments like "I hope you'll find your missing head" instead weird ones like a pity kiss that may or may not have been the product of the Dream Beavers.

For the case of tradition...
Considering how April gets paired up with Casey in Mirage, TMNT 1990, Image, 4Kids, IDW and (I think, kind of of?) OotS, I don't think they'll break that tradition. Not when "April and one/all of the turtles" have never been anything other than a joke.

I kind of agree, I don't remember many moments between April and Casey, especially in the later seasons, but the ones I remember felt more genuine than AprilXDonnie which always felt like a gag.

Sure, capril had goofy moments (Casey checking himself out when he was in Aprils body) but it took time to slow down when it needed to. I just wish that they would've expanded on it however, which would've been great character development for Donnie, Casey and April.

Instead, I feel that Casey has been downplayed and April feels a bit mary-sueish now with her psychic powers. I would've been alot more interested if her telepathy was kept on a minimum and she was still mostly a normal kunoich who learned the responsibilities of being in a relationship with Casey. Its more fascinating and tmnt tradition.

victory_angel
03-31-2017, 07:26 PM
I never took Don O'Neil as a joke. I mean Donnie has been raised his whole life underground around boys. They even specify that April is literally the only girl Donnie has actually seen ever in the first episode.

The closest thing the Turtles would have seen to an actual female is whatever is on TV. So Don's attempts at wooing April were purely as a boy with his first crush. Yes the moments where he's trying to impress her he does come off as trying to hard to get attention which can make him seem like a creep. But it's often the moments where he's there for her...as her friend...as himself that his love for her really shines.

April does consider Donnie to be her best friend, and often she hugs and kisses him in appreciation. The only time she kissed him on the lips was when he was coming up to her and pretty much telling her "I give up and will not be pursuing you anymore. You don't have feelings for me in the same way I have feelings for you. Because I'm just a mutant."

April's reaction felt less like pity, but more like "You're important to me, but I am not ready yet. Just give me more time."

And it's that history that April has with Donnie that helps April during the whole Za-Naron incident.

Auman has confirmed for me via Facebook that yes the Capritello is meant to be seen as a mirror of the Oroku-Shen-Hamato triangle. Just minus the blood shed. So there may be more coming up which is why it has been downplayed.

The whole April conversation between April and Casey in Deadly Venom felt like a litmus test between the two boys. April was saying some serious stuff about how she feels everything with the Kraang just felt it got over too easily. And Casey was too busy prattling on about the movie they just saw to pay any real attention which is why April was saying that her head went missing. If Donnie had been with her he would have had his full attention on it and maybe tried to reassure her the Kraang were gone but would keep an eye out just in case.

What would be awesome in this upcoming season is there being a sister to sister talk between Karai and April about April's perspective suitors. After all the turtles are her adoptive brothers and what concerns them also concerns her. And I can see Karai saying "Choose or don't choose it's up to you O'Neil. But both Donatello and Casey deserve an honest answer from you... Otherwise, one day they could be taken from you, and it will be too late to tell them how you feel. When that happens all you truly have left is...regret"

DestronMirage22
03-31-2017, 11:21 PM
I would've preferred it if the show didn't try so hard with the romances. They clearly didn't know how to do 'em properly, and now it's probably too late.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7b/f6/b9/7bf6b94eee2b7c9c117b0e28379ed835.jpg

Ok, anybody else finding that gender-swapped Casey to be really disgusting? She looks really trashy and it's just gross. :dead:

(Also, am I crazy or does that outfit no make any sense? She's wearing that bra top thing over the sweater, that for some reason has a huge hole in it where her boobs are. If she wasn't wearing the bra-thing over the sweater, would her boobs just be hanging out? Who dresses like that?! So weird :-?)

ssjup81
04-01-2017, 12:01 AM
I would've preferred it if the show didn't try so hard with the romances. They clearly didn't know how to do 'em properly, and now it's probably too late.As long as it's not 50 Shades of Gray or Twilight, I'm cool.

I don't mind the romance as it takes a back seat to the main plot since it's not really important. I like how it's downplayed and may have references every once in a while. That aside, what would the right way have been? It's very subjective.

neatoman
04-01-2017, 03:57 AM
I never took Don O'Neil as a joke. I mean Donnie has been raised his whole life underground around boys. They even specify that April is literally the only girl Donnie has actually seen ever in the first episode.

The closest thing the Turtles would have seen to an actual female is whatever is on TV. So Don's attempts at wooing April were purely as a boy with his first crush. Yes the moments where he's trying to impress her he does come off as trying to hard to get attention which can make him seem like a creep. But it's often the moments where he's there for her...as her friend...as himself that his love for her really shines.

April does consider Donnie to be her best friend, and often she hugs and kisses him in appreciation. The only time she kissed him on the lips was when he was coming up to her and pretty much telling her "I give up and will not be pursuing you anymore. You don't have feelings for me in the same way I have feelings for you. Because I'm just a mutant."

April's reaction felt less like pity, but more like "You're important to me, but I am not ready yet. Just give me more time."

And it's that history that April has with Donnie that helps April during the whole Za-Naron incident.

Auman has confirmed for me via Facebook that yes the Capritello is meant to be seen as a mirror of the Oroku-Shen-Hamato triangle. Just minus the blood shed. So there may be more coming up which is why it has been downplayed.

The whole April conversation between April and Casey in Deadly Venom felt like a litmus test between the two boys. April was saying some serious stuff about how she feels everything with the Kraang just felt it got over too easily. And Casey was too busy prattling on about the movie they just saw to pay any real attention which is why April was saying that her head went missing. If Donnie had been with her he would have had his full attention on it and maybe tried to reassure her the Kraang were gone but would keep an eye out just in case.

What would be awesome in this upcoming season is there being a sister to sister talk between Karai and April about April's perspective suitors. After all the turtles are her adoptive brothers and what concerns them also concerns her. And I can see Karai saying "Choose or don't choose it's up to you O'Neil. But both Donatello and Casey deserve an honest answer from you... Otherwise, one day they could be taken from you, and it will be too late to tell them how you feel. When that happens all you truly have left is...regret"

It's a joke, it's almost exclusively played for laughs and that one moment is even up for dabate wheter or not it even happened. If it's not a joke then the writers just have some really weird ideas.

I mean look, yes, she does obviously care for him but not that way. It's been four seasons and she ignores his obvious advances, she's not interested. At most it just leads to awkward situation she tries to slink out of.

And if you look at older TMNT material, well, you'll realise that "Apritello" is rooted in "horny teenager" jokes...

FredWolfLeonardo
04-01-2017, 04:53 AM
I think It would've been better if Donnie and April settled it like friends at the end of "A foot too big" and we got to see Donnie start anew by having moved on from April, but caring for her as a friend. But I guess you just gotta feed them tumblr shippers cuz APRIL KISSED DONNIE ON THE LIPS OMG SO CUTE XOXO.

In all seriousness though, I have nothing against Apriltello even though I prefer Capril overall. I'm fine with it as long as its just cute fun that's played for laughs. However, I don't wanna see a a teenage girl and a mutant turtle in a serious relationship. I think Capril done seriously in this show would've been great, but eh.

Redworld96
04-01-2017, 09:41 AM
I do love Capril in the other incarnations,but even if the crew would have never carried the idea of Donnie having a crush on April in the first place, there is still the fact that, in my opinion, nowadays the relationship of Casey and April in this incarnation is not good enough to end as a romance like the other incarnations. It may be because during all the four seasons the writers have prefered to develop more the relationship of Donnie-April instead of Casey-April (and because Casey flirting with not just April, but with Karai too, makes me doubt about his "love" for April). Season 5 has not finished yet so maybe we can see more of Casey and April and maybe I can change my opinion about it, but nowadays my bet is on Apritello in this incarnation.

It's been four seasons and she ignores his obvious advances, she's not interested. At most it just leads to awkward situation she tries to slink out of.

Do you know that this part at least (I say at least because the kiss part was just a joke between animators) will happen in season 5, right?
https://i.imgur.com/WgpXB1Q.png

I don't know, but If she would not be really interested on him, she would never do this. It doesn't seem she's trying to slink out the situation; quite the opposite. The same with A Foot too Big when Donnie was giving up. If she would not have feelings for him, she would have said "thanks for understand it Donnie" or something like that; but instead she said "not Donnie; you're my mutant" and then she kissed him. The only reason I think she did that is because she's really interested on him.

I'm just saying that if Capril happens in this incarnation, I would feel it very forced (unless they show us more development in this last season)

neatoman
04-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Do you know that this part at least (I say at least because the kiss part is just a joke between animators) will happen, right?
https://i.imgur.com/WgpXB1Q.png

I don't know, but If she would not be really interested on him, she would never do this. It doesn't seem she's trying to slink out of;quite the opposite. The same with A Foot too Big when Donnie was giving up. If she would not have feelings for him, she would have said "thanks for understand it Donnie" or something like that; but instead she said "not Donnie; you're my mutant" and then she kissed him. The only reason I think she did that is because she's really interested on him.

What the hell is that? Looks like music video, are you sure it's going to be a part of the actual show and not just some side project?

Anyway, like I said before, it's possible that kiss scene didn't even happen. So who really knows?

Redworld96
04-01-2017, 09:59 AM
What the hell is that? Looks like music video, are you sure it's going to be a part of the actual show and not just some side project?

Anyway, like I said before, it's possible that kiss scene didn't even happen. So who really knows?

It's part of the Ice Cream Kitty music video. At first I thought the music video would be something apart of season 5 (like a videoclip uploaded by Nickelodeon in the future, or something like that), but I asked Greg Cipes about it and he said it is part of an upcoming episode:
https://i.imgur.com/OnHoD4q.png

The part when April jumps to Donnie to kiss him was the joke part (that is to say, it is not canon); but before the kiss, when she is grabbing Donnie's arm (or tie), is indeed part of the storyboard. And Ciro said on instagram that the original version has a kiss as well (but probably the real kiss will be off-screen).

Chris
04-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Much as I love April/Casey in Mirage/2k3/early movies I never really took to the Nick version of Casey so I'm perfectly fine without that relationship in the show. Plus the April/Don relationship never bothered me or seemed wrong as it did to some people (I grew up with Goliath and Elisa) so I just took it as an interesting change of pace for this version of the franchise. The writers have definitely invested more in the April/Don relationship so I'd rather see them develop that fully rather than do a 180 with Casey in the final season.

Leofan26
04-02-2017, 02:21 AM
Yes, yes I really would have preferred this instead of all those episodes and season focused on the love triangle. Plus I got used to the pairing the entire 4kids series, I thought they were cute together after a while.

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 03:36 AM
It's hard to believe people take shipping seriously in something like TMNT. This franchise was never known for ships, April/Casey just happened and the Turtles crushes in other shows were never anything more than one-offs or jokes.

superstaff
04-02-2017, 07:15 AM
It's hard to believe people take shipping seriously in something like TMNT. This franchise was never known for ships, April/Casey just happened and the Turtles crushes in other shows were never anything more than one-offs or jokes.

This is fandom we're talking about.

Cartoons like The Annoying Orange had shippers back in the day, too. :lol:

Coola Yagami
04-05-2017, 12:51 AM
Eh, I liked the April/Don thing cause it's something different and well... Casey wasn't introduced til season 2... and he turned out to be such a tool that it's almost insulting to April that she's forced to be interested in him because previous incarnations have done so. Casey isn't perfect by any means but he did seem more like a well meaning loveable nut in other versions that kinda made more sense for April to fall for than this waste of oxygen.

April had her chance to end it when Don tried to, she chose to keep it going. She's interested in some way.

DestronMirage22
04-05-2017, 01:36 PM

Dude, you're not exactly one to talk. You made a perverted Pokemon fanfic where you paired together two characters as a couple. How does that happening with the TMNT surprise you?

Dust
04-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Can we stop bringing up 'A Day Inside May' every thread CyberCubed is in? It's getting rather annoying now.

Powder
04-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Can we stop bringing up 'A Day Inside May' every thread CyberCubed is in? It's getting rather annoying now.

Yo, real talk.

It's seriously at a point where this needs to become a punishable offense.

Coola Yagami
04-06-2017, 11:01 PM
With the mention of 'a couple' I'm curious as to exactly who was 'inside May' unless it was Ash himself?

Tetsu Deinonychus
04-22-2017, 09:51 AM
In this version, and only this version I'd actually prefer April/Don over April/Casey. Nick!Casey is kind of an annoying brat, so I really can't root for him, and I agree with the "just give me some time" interpretation of the "You're my mutant" line. And, since he's cooled his jets since then and was willing to let go, I'd say he's still learned his lesson.

As for the human/turtle thing, he's a bipedal anthropomorphic turtle and Nick!April's not entirely human anyway, (and Mirage!April got it on with a cockroach) so it doesn't bother me.

Coola Yagami
04-22-2017, 02:27 PM
As for the human/turtle thing, he's a bipedal anthropomorphic turtle and Nick!April's not entirely human anyway, (and Mirage!April got it on with a cockroach) so it doesn't bother me.

Exactly. Plus, they shouldn't have bothered with the crush in the first season to begin with. It wasn't a one-off gag. It went on throughout the whole season. And they're both main characters. The only reason everyone wants to push it off is because 'ew turtles, ew mutants, ew sex with animals' and other childish nonsense. Why not just full on castrate your favorite heroes while you're at it?

If it was any other human character (Casey or some new guy) acting in the exact same way with the exact same lines and scenes with April, would anyone have really complained it in season 1 or try to excuse it as a gag or one-off joke? No. They're just doing it because the giant talking turtle is doing it.

PApagreg
04-22-2017, 11:25 PM
You know despite me hating the whole "Donnie is thirsty for April" gag this show had for 2 seasons, I still prefer April being involved with Donnie than Casey. At least Donnie has somewhat of a personality and some semblance of character because after the Northampton arc, Casey's character has been bog down to saying "Dude" or "Wicked".

FredWolfLeonardo
04-23-2017, 12:45 AM
I think they couldve expanded both Caseys and Donnies character after the Northampton arc if April got with Casey, then Casey wouldn't be as disliked as he is now because he'd have more to do than just shout catchphrases.

Redworld96
04-23-2017, 05:55 AM
Plus, they shouldn't have bothered with the crush in the first season to begin with. It wasn't a one-off gag. It went on throughout the whole season.

Exactly. If the crush issue would have been only a temporary sub-plot, in season 3 the writers would have set April and Donnie as just best friends and they would have developed more the relationship of Casey-April to lead it to romance. But not only they didn't, but even the Donnie/April "possible romance" thing is still there in this last season. I mean ... even the episode number 100 of the show, which normally is a special episode of any TV show, the writers decided to focus on April and Donnie with some drama beetween them. It's like if the writers are telling us that the crush sub-plot is not a joke anymore and it became something serious.

And don't forget the too much campaign that Nickelodeon has done by supporting Apritello during all these years. Has Nickelodeon ever support Capril outside? I think never. And the last poll they made asking if you prefer Capril or Apritello was 2 months ago and the result was 23-77 winning Apritello (althought I would discuss the legitimacy of their polls):
https://68.media.tumblr.com/654a627203918fee0ee817c3cf310b0f/tumblr_inline_olcjjt2NyZ1r51e2b_1280.png
Of course the campaign doesn't influence on the story, but it does on the viewers of the show.
If you think about it, would Nickelodeon really support that much a ship that won't happen, if they know that it would end with fans being angry about it? It's noneless, unless they do know the ship will be canon sometime
The writers have definitely taken it too seriously, that's why I think for this time they're gonna break the "tradition" and make Apritello canon for the first time (something risky for them at the beggining of the show, but I think it's a great idea and I do appreciate it) After all they have done, setting Capril as the end game would be disappointing and the whole Apritello idea they brought since the first episode of the show would be in vain.

Coola Yagami
04-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Exactly. If the crush issue would have been only a temporary sub-plot, in season 3 the writers would have set April and Donnie as just best friends and they would have developed more the relationship of Casey-April to lead it to romance. But not only they didn't, but even the Donnie/April "possible romance" thing is still there in this last season. I mean ... even the episode number 100 of the show, which normally is a special episode of any TV show, the writers decided to focus on April and Donnie with some drama beetween them. It's like if the writers are telling us that the crush sub-plot is not a joke anymore and it became something serious.

And don't forget the too much campaign that Nickelodeon has done by supporting Apritello during all these years. Has Nickelodeon ever support Capril outside? I think never. And the last poll they made asking if you prefer Capril or Apritello was 2 months ago and the result was 23-77 winning Apritello (althought I would discuss the legitimacy of their polls):
https://68.media.tumblr.com/654a627203918fee0ee817c3cf310b0f/tumblr_inline_olcjjt2NyZ1r51e2b_1280.png
Of course the campaign doesn't influence on the story, but it does on the viewers of the show.
If you think about it, would Nickelodeon really support that much a ship that won't happen, if they know that it would end with fans being angry about it? It's noneless, unless they do know the ship will be canon sometime
The writers have definitely taken it too seriously, that's why I think for this time they're gonna break the "tradition" and make Apritello canon for the first time (something risky for them at the beggining of the show, but I think it's a great idea and I do appreciate it) After all they have done, setting Capril as the end game would be disappointing and the whole Apritello idea they brought since the first episode of the show would be in vain.

I'm starting to think it wasnt meant to be a one off joke and it was just fan denial and praying/wishing it was a joke that would end/go away for the sole reason of 'ew turtle sex with human', when they're kinda forgetting its a damn kids cartoon and cartoon couples rarely do more than hold hands or whatever.

Like if casey is with april noone says anything or thinks anything remotely perverted, but set her up with Don and everyone is already getting grossed out by the thought of her going down on him. Wtf? Get those thoughts out of your head. I don't remember anyone saying 'heh heh i bet casey gives it to april good' when they were a couple in the 2K3 series, so why is it everyone is so quick to think of sex if don is involved. Just stop.

Again, you don't make a romance subplot for the first season and then just dump it on the second when some new guy comes along. It's just bad writing and if anything it would be more about the suitor trying to overcome this new challenge. Noone would have wanted casey to randomly lose april to some other guy in the 2k3 show and just sit back and be like 'oh well, guess it was a meaningless crush'.

Plus Capril would have worked if casey wasnt the most annoying character in the series. At least 2K3 casey was likeable.

Splinter the boss
04-24-2017, 01:42 PM
I think yes because it is the one that makes the most sense both biologically and genetically.

Coola Yagami
04-24-2017, 05:14 PM
I think yes because it is the one that makes the most sense both biologically and genetically.

Yeah but love overcomes all, especially in a world full of mutants and aliens. Mikey has crushes on Renet and Shini, where's all the 'ew turtle sex, ew'.

What about Raph, making out with an alien? He's still an Earth based animal with his hands all over an alien creature.

Plus April isn't even human. Who's to say the same dna that makes her immune to mutagen also makes her unable to concieve a normal human child.

Yoshimickster
04-29-2017, 01:12 PM
I'M in the minority in actually liking 2K12 Casey...but yeah he and April have ZERO chemistry, Apritello all the way.

ssjup81
04-29-2017, 03:43 PM
I'M in the minority in actually liking 2K12 Casey...but yeah he and April have ZERO chemistry, Apritello all the way.I don't dislike Casey either. I like how he fights with his friends. I don't dislike any character for this series...but like with anything, it's super rare of me to dislike or hate a character. Casey is no exception. He's ok. He isn't selfish or snooty, and those are a couple of traits that turn me away from a character.

There are things Casey has done or said that I disliked, but it didn't make me dislike him as a character and friend of the Turtles.

victory_angel
04-29-2017, 08:32 PM
The difference between Donnie and Casey much of the time is how they have developed towards her.

Donnie-Yes his attempts at gaining April's attention bordered on creepy. But that was whenever he was openly trying to get April's attention. There were other times where he is just there for her as a friend, no intentions or strings attached and those are the moments his love for her truly shines.

He also has taken the time to listen to her and get to know her, he pays attention to how she reacts to the things he does and anything she doesn't appreciate he doesn't repeat. And even the times he unintentionally does say something that he didn't mean to say he does back peddle and tries to get things back on track. Which makes things a bit more awkward such as that time Raph had to end up dragging him out of the dojo before he made even more of a fool of himself.

In Donnie's defense, he has lived in an all-male society much of his life. Splinter has likely given the Turtles "The Talk" for the sake of them actually knowing the reproductive system of the body not for the sake of something they would ever experience. Which would make any possible relationships with a girl even more special for the Turtles because they don't know if they would ever have companionship beyond their brothers?

They obviously would have seen women in comic books, on TV, in magazines, and such. But the only thing they would really grasp for the most part is that women and girls were different from boys.

Casey on the other hand- He doesn't really like April so much as he likes the idea of her. The only reason he approached her in the first place was because she had put up a request to tutor someone and he used the need for a tutor as an excuse to spend time with her. And there have been times where they have been together hanging out where he had essentially stated he wanted to be someplace where he could make out with her.

But over time, he's beginning to see that April is really going to only see him as a friend. Yet, that doesn't mean he isn't going to stop gunning for her.

Auman has confirmed for me via facebook is that the Capritello triangle is sort of a mirror to the triangle between Splinter/Tangshen/The Shredder. It just won't be quite as bloody.

Casey knows April has on some level chosen Donnie which does cause him some frustration, but there isn't anything official as of yet. So while he is still leaving the field open for girls like Karai just in case, he still isn't ready to give up on April without a fight.

April for her part loves both of her suitors as dear close friends, but both provide something she can get out of having a relationship with them.

Donnie makes her feel like she has a family that's aways there for her as needed who welcomes and accepts her as one of their own. But this will cost her any sense of normalcy she may have in life.

Casey provides her a chance to live life as a normal person. While she herself isn't completely human, she does have more of a chance to live a normal human life than the Turtles do. But to do that it means that she will have to turn away from her life with the Turtles eventually.

She wants to have the balance between both but knows she can't exactly have things both ways. Which is one of the reasons that she doesn't like it when Donnie and Casey bicker, because it makes her feel she does need to take sides on the issue and will only give fuel to their rivalry.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
04-30-2017, 04:53 AM
Technically, Apritello didn't happen either. They just teased it for years but honestly? Nothing came from it. What...one kiss on the cheek and that's it?

They're not boyfriend/girlfriend, they're not in any kind of relationship and they're not going to be, there's no 'hijinks over a first dinner/first date', or anything at all. And honestly? There's no evidence that April remotely even likes Donnie that way...even after years of them doing this 'teasing' thing.

Once again, it's one of those things that they bring up but do nothing with...just like many other ideas or points on the show. Like the phrase goes, 'Sh*t or Get Off the Pot". Do one or the other.

My point is, it can easily still be Capril and there's no reason to think otherwise.

neatoman
04-30-2017, 05:22 AM
Oh and let's not forget the... Ahem... "Squirrels of Fores... hadowing".
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/9/92/Squirrel2.png/revision/latest?cb=20141004214558

I'm saying they implied Casey and April had sex off-screen. They banged,
they porked, they snuggled, they got busy, they did the hanky panky, they nailed, they cleaned the pipes, they shagged, they got down etc.

What else are two hormone filled teens going to do far away from the internet?

Shark_Blade
04-30-2017, 06:43 AM
Technically, Apritello didn't happen either. They just teased it for years but honestly? Nothing came from it. What...one kiss on the cheek and that's it?

They're not boyfriend/girlfriend, they're not in any kind of relationship and they're not going to be, there's no 'hijinks over a first dinner/first date', or anything at all. And honestly? There's no evidence that April remotely even likes Donnie that way...even after years of them doing this 'teasing' thing.

Once again, it's one of those things that they bring up but do nothing with...just like many other ideas or points on the show. Like the phrase goes, 'Sh*t or Get Off the Pot". Do one or the other.

My point is, it can easily still be Capril and there's no reason to think otherwise.
Ahem. Apritello did kiss on the lips once.

But yeah nothing substantial happens after that.

Redworld96
04-30-2017, 06:58 AM
Ahem. Apritello did kiss on the lips once.

But yeah nothing substantial happens after that.

Yeah, after that everything was like if nothing happended in that episode.
But I'll remember what Ciro said in an interview:

TOONZONE NEWS: A popular element of the show has been Donatello’s crush on April, a comedic and complicated situation that only got more so with the arrival of Casey in season two. With fans buying into it in differing levels, is there a planned end point or are you seeing where it goes episode to episode?

CIRO NIELI: There’s definitely a planned end point, but we don’t know how we’re charting it, so it’s a little bit of both of what you just said. It’s fun to meander there. The affairs of the heart are never planned that clearly so we’re kinda playing it a little bit realistically that way. We’re just having fun with it right now, but Casey definitely moves fast though. I think Donnie’s a lot more of a polite guy but Casey never waits that long. But you never know….I think April truly loves Donnie.

Plus some recent comments of Ciro on Instagram talking about Donnie and April in the future ICK music video:
http://68.media.tumblr.com/2b8057a1ff47739cfcb65062deaf8ce1/tumblr_inline_omy9jkTUnY1rbtpg9_400.jpg http://68.media.tumblr.com/c25f401b60fff6fcfef03fea39368100/tumblr_inline_omy9qtGm7i1rbtpg9_500.jpg

The whole show is the reason to at least think otherwise XD

ssjup81
04-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Has anyone here ever considered that it could turn out being neither?

Metalwolf
04-30-2017, 08:10 PM
Has anyone here ever considered that it could turn out being neither?T'would be nice, but I doubt they'd let April remain single. They always seem to want to pair her up with someone in every incarnation.

ssjup81
04-30-2017, 10:24 PM
T'would be nice, but I doubt they'd let April remain single. They always seem to want to pair her up with someone in every incarnation.The OT didn't. ^^

Redworld96
05-01-2017, 02:36 AM
The OT didn't. ^^

Because Casey only appears in 5 episodes and the writers never teased romantic affections from April or him, right? I wouldn't compare it with the OT, the relationship is totally different.

With the 2k12 April, it can happen she stays single, but in my opinion it's something unlikely. Besides, since the writers have already annoyed us quite a lot with the love triangle since season 2, I doubt a "this whole stupid war for nothing" conclusion .April chosing no one at the end could be more annoying to me.