Sorry guys, I just had to. :P

***First of Two Latin Kings***
04-01-2017, 07:50 AM
That was a dick move.

Well-played. :tgrumble: :trolleye: :twink: :tlol:

Rooish
04-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Nice one.

I wish they would just hire Chris Allan and write it themselves, seeing as Murphy has forgotten the plot somehow.

darthsmozers
04-01-2017, 02:01 PM
I knew April Fools, but my hope was too great! AHHHHH!! :lol::x

darthsmozers
04-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Hey, 121 views. C'mon IDW, do it for real :-)

oldmanwinters
04-01-2017, 02:15 PM
It could still happen!

ToTheNines
04-01-2017, 02:29 PM
It could still happen!

I haven't heard anything from Murphy in a long time... has anyone?

I apologize for bringing politics into the TMNT sections, but since Murphy made no secret of his political leanings, I'd have to imagine that the current administration has him hiding under his bed.

DestronMirage22
04-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Yeah, in hindsight the joke might've been a little cruel, but at least it got some of you guys!

I still think there's hope for this to become a reality, what with all the attention Archie's been getting with IDW lately, including the Mutanimal, the trades, and the Stump Wrestling mention with the Usagi crossover. I say the near future will be a bright one! :D

darthsmozers
04-02-2017, 02:45 PM
The first promise (1990s) was painful enough. The second promise (2000s) that never materialized was the salt in the wound. IDW would easily put another feather in their cap by fixing the hurt :lol:

Imagine a teaser (even the original Donatello one) tucked into the last TMNTA trade scheduled for next year or so. Wouldn't that be something? :D

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 03:43 PM
Kinda think this thread should be locked now that April Fool's is over. Now someone is going to mistake this for being true given the recent IDW panel.

darthsmozers
04-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Can the thread simply be renamed?

Andrew NDB
04-02-2017, 08:34 PM
I haven't heard anything from Murphy in a long time... has anyone?

Sporadically. A few months back he gave the thumbs up on DrSpengler's Obligado finisher for "Origin."

The first promise (1990s) was painful enough. The second promise (2000s) that never materialized was the salt in the wound. IDW would easily put another feather in their cap by fixing the hurt :lol:

I suspect any new push for a "Forever War" with Murph and company would need to wait for IDW to finish up their Archie trades... and would be reliant on those actually selling well. The way the latest Archie trades (apparently?) seem to keep getting pusher further and further back doesn't speak well to that.

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 09:30 PM
I suspect any new push for a "Forever War" with Murph and company would need to wait for IDW to finish up their Archie trades... and would be reliant on those actually selling well. The way the latest Archie trades (apparently?) seem to keep getting pusher further and further back doesn't speak well to that.

The next trade for September 2017 collects up to issue #61:

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Adventures/dp/1684050731/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491190147&sr=8-1&keywords=archie+tmnt+adventures

Remember Archie ended at 72 issues. So they only have a little more to go, besides collecting Year of the Turtle and all the various specials and mini's they skipped over so far. But in terms of the main comics they're nearly done

Andrew NDB
04-02-2017, 09:49 PM
The next trade for September 2017 collects up to issue #61:

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Adventures/dp/1684050731/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491190147&sr=8-1&keywords=archie+tmnt+adventures

Remember Archie ended at 72 issues. So they only have a little more to go, besides collecting Year of the Turtle and all the various specials and mini's they skipped over so far. But in terms of the main comics they're nearly done

I mean "pushed back" in terms of, the latest TPB keeps getting further and further out than the last one. Or is that not the case? I'm not really sure, but I think I've heard that.

Lordmylar06
04-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Seeing an April Fool's thread on April 3rd can really take the wind out of your sails.

plastroncafe
04-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Seeing an April Fool's thread on April 3rd can really take the wind out of your sails.

Right?
https://media.giphy.com/media/13X8QbHwAZ8xNe/giphy.gif

darthsmozers
04-04-2017, 12:47 PM
I mean "pushed back" in terms of, the latest TPB keeps getting further and further out than the last one. Or is that not the case? I'm not really sure, but I think I've heard that.

It does feel that way. 2 per year, roughly 6 months apart. They certainly could have advertised it better. Where would someone find sales numbers for these?

I do stand by putting a teaser at the end of the last collected volume next year, maybe even the penciled covers + first few pages that were released online some years back with a "coming soon". They know we waited twice. It's an easy sale if they want to / can do it.