PDA

View Full Version : What's the one film you hope they don't make a reboot of?

Leofan26
04-02-2017, 03:45 AM
Me? Please good Lord not Back to the future, that film series had an amazing cast and awesome chemistry, loved Marty and Docs relationship, both actors were just...Not to mention the story, the writers of those films. If we had that film redone, could you imagine? While we'd have scenes like from CGI, tons of them, I've learned that writers don't know jack crap what they are doing these days, it's like they didn't even watch the previous films. I know some liked the girls version of Ghost Busters for there own reasons I'm sure but...

For you??

Wildcat
04-02-2017, 05:36 AM
I don't care. Remakes/Reboots do not hurt the originals or wipe them from existence. The hate they get is ridiculous.

Some I like and others I don't care either way. In general I've always found remakes interesting. Seeing 2 different versions of something or at least updated effects if it's something really old.

I think the notion that certain movies are "sacred" is kinda dumb. There's been remakes of other popular movies that people didn't seem to mind all that much even if they didn't care for them.

Ya I know some specific movies have this super iconic level in pop-culture but a remake doesn't do anything to damage that.

I would like to see another BttF sequel. That'd be fun.

Cure
04-02-2017, 06:55 AM
Nothing. Reboots or remakes do not affect the quality of the original whatsoever.

ToTheNines
04-02-2017, 08:09 AM
Nothing. Reboots or remakes do not affect the quality of the original whatsoever.

This. Although it is frustrating when they reboot something that would have been better off as an actual sequel. This was my initial beef with Ghosbusters.

I really hope they make a Godfather Part IV before Pacino is too old. But they'll surely reboot it someday.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Reboots never affect the quality of the original, but their productions can be depressing to watch unfold.

snake
04-02-2017, 09:06 AM
The original trilogy. That's the day I hand in my Star Wars fan card and call it quits.

Wesley
04-02-2017, 11:37 AM
I'm not bothered about reboots, to be honest. One doesn't have to watch them anyway.

DestronMirage22
04-02-2017, 10:04 PM
PD TMNT. :teek:

But seriously, I'd hate to have another AvP movie. Both franchises don't need to be brought back together, they do so much better as stand-alone franchises.

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Probably Back to the Future, and I'm surprised this hasn't been said. It's a damn near miracle this franchise has never been rebooted after all these years.

I don't think they could ever recapture the chemistry of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd, or the "magic" of how it all came together.

MikeandRaph87
04-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Me? Please good Lord not Back to the future, that film series had an amazing cast and awesome chemistry, loved Marty and Docs relationship, both actors were just...Not to mention the story, the writers of those films. If we had that film redone, could you imagine? While we'd have scenes like from CGI, tons of them, I've learned that writers don't know jack crap what they are doing these days, it's like they didn't even watch the previous films. I know some liked the girls version of Ghost Busters for there own reasons I'm sure but...

For you??

I completely agree with BTTF. 3 movies are enough and it doesn't need a remake. Its great left as it is. No continuation nore redo. Magic is limited and some franchises don't know when to quit. Back To The Future is the perfect example of knowing the perfect time to cross the finish line with excellence done from start to finish.

I wish Rocky knew when to quit. There is no one else to kill off and I feel Andonis's origin is disrespectful to who Apollo was.

I don't want Home Alone to be remade. Macauley Culkin was retired after two. The premise can only go so far. Two was enough. The 3rd one didn't feature Kevin and the kid was just home from school sick while the parents were at work so he is just home during the school day. The two tv movies that dont add anything, but make one ask, 'why was someone bothered to make another?'.

Cure
04-02-2017, 10:42 PM
I wish Rocky knew when to quit. There is no one else to kill off and I feel Andonis's origin is disrespectful to who Apollo was.

Are you joking? You think they're gonna quit because you feel slighted over an origin story? Both Balboa and Creed were critical and financial successes, so why would they stop?

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 10:43 PM

Rocky Balboa and Creed were great. Better than 4 and 5, so I don't see the problem with it continuing.

I don't want Home Alone to be remade. Macauley Culkin was retired after two. The premise can only go so far. Two was enough. The 3rd one didn't feature Kevin and the kid was just home from school sick while the parents were at work so he is just home during the school day. The two tv movies that dont add anything, but make one ask, 'why was someone bothered to make another?'.

They made up to Home Alone 5 already.

FredWolfLeonardo
04-02-2017, 10:43 PM
I think it would've been better if this thread asked us what reboots we want.

I want reboots of basically everything, it won't ruin the original and can possibly still be good on its own. As obscure and impossible as it sounds, I am very curious to see how the lion king reboot turns out, even though there's a DEFINITIVE Lion King film that I can't ever see a new take be done on.

ProphetofGanja
04-02-2017, 10:53 PM
I think it would've been better if this thread asked us what reboots we want.

I want reboots of basically everything, it won't ruin the original and can possibly still be good on its own. As obscure and impossible as it sounds, I am very curious to see how the lion king reboot turns out, even though there's a DEFINITIVE Lion King film that I can't ever see a new take be done on.

Agreed. I think it will be worth checking out at the very least.

I'm super stoked for the new Jumanji installment, although I'm still not quite clear on whether it's a reboot or a sequel. I think they decided it was just another chapter in the story about a mystical game that transports players to an otherworldly jungle. In any case, that's good enough for me. If it sucks I just won't watch it again, I'll rewatch the original and go on with my life.

MikeandRaph87
04-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Are you joking? You think they're gonna quit because you feel slighted over an origin story? Both Balboa and Creed were critical and financial successes, so why would they stop?

No, whilevI felt the ehole 'concieved out of wedlock the night before death' was ridiculous, I believe the story was told in four installments. It surprises me at how many installments have continued Rocky beyond what I felt was a powerful bow. BTTF will make a boatload of cash, but the quality will likely not be recaptured. Ot has been respectivly been left alone and I felt Rockyvshould have hung up the boxing gloves for the sake of magic and auality limitations just as BTTF did.

IndigoErth
04-02-2017, 11:28 PM
Just leave the old 80s classics alone and save time and money by not bothering to make unneeded reboots for things like Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Neverending Story, and so forth.

Was bad enough hearing claims that the use of today's technology makes the PD films better than the original Turtle films, but the same said of the previously mentioned films would be blasphemy to the extreme.

Although I'd be up for a Dark Crystal film sequel. If still made by the Henson Studio and their own updated tools of the trade.

Wildcat
04-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Home Alone is one I was thinking people would be very angry over but really if they made any comedy about a kid protecting thier house by themselves it'll probably be called a ripoff.

The DTV sequels range from decent to stupid (4 was worst) but the idea itself has many possibilities. I wouldn't mind a full blown reboot, theatrical sequel or standalone movie with a different name.

Can you imagine if they changed the kid to a girl? Some people would once again claim agenda.

ProactiveMan
04-02-2017, 11:36 PM
I hope they don't remake the Original Star Wars Trilogy. It's going to get really tempting to do so eventually.

snake
04-02-2017, 11:50 PM
I hope they don't remake the Original Star Wars Trilogy. It's going to get really tempting to do so eventually.

It's never gonna happen. The backlash would be too disastrous.

Powder
04-02-2017, 11:51 PM
I dunno about One film in particular, but definitely those whose greatest charms are their era. Stuff that is undeniably 80's/90's should remain in the past. Without the flair/culture of their time, stuff falls apart. I think it's fair to say that while BTTF's concept itself has a timeless appeal, a big part of what makes the films so beloved is their 80's-ness (ironically, given they spend a lot of time in other periods). So that's one example.

CyberCubed
04-03-2017, 12:14 AM
We've had a number of failed reboots lately from the last few years:

Robocop
Total Recall
Ghostbusters
Conan the Barbarian
Independence Day (even though this is a sequel)

The only successfull ones as of late was King Kong, but that's already been rebooted many times.

ProactiveMan
04-03-2017, 02:04 AM
It's never gonna happen. The backlash would be too disastrous.

I'm not so sure.