PDA

View Full Version : TMNT;1st Image storyarc questions

Panda_Kahn_fan
04-02-2017, 11:17 AM
(Mods, please move this thread if it's in the wrong place)

Hey everybody, as many of you know, whuile I'm not the biggest fan of 80% of the Mirage comics, I did greatly enjoy the image run of the comics. As a result, I'm going to attempt to do a loose retelling of my favorite story, the dragonlord arc (combined with elements from the Dragonlord and his rank army from TNM). Although I've read the story multiple times, I did have some questions in regards to it's significance to the larger Mirage canon;

Pimiko; I know she's shredder's daughter, but does that aspect have any bearing on the rest of the Mirage run? It doesn't really seem to play an important role in this story, outside of getting her to betray Komodo, which is a plot element I'm dropping. I will keep her Shredder's daughter though, just use it differently.

Dragon lord and King Komodo; what's the real difference between these two? Both are giant Komodo mutants, I simply see king komodo as superfluous when his attributes could be transferred onto dragonlord.

Mako, Weasel, donie's injuries... are these integral elements to the story? Donnie's just went through this aspect in the metalhead arc, and it'd feel like a retread.

Ultimately, I need to figure out if I'm going to do an adaptation, or use the characters for an original story. Thanks for your help!

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Pimiko; I know she's shredder's daughter, but does that aspect have any bearing on the rest of the Mirage run? It doesn't really seem to play an important role in this story, outside of getting her to betray Komodo, which is a plot element I'm dropping. I will keep her Shredder's daughter though, just use it differently.

Pimiko never appears in any Mirage comics afterward, unless you count Andrew's stuff. She forms a truce with the Turtles by the last issue though.

Dragon lord and King Komodo; what's the real difference between these two? Both are giant Komodo mutants, I simply see king komodo as superfluous when his attributes could be transferred onto dragonlord.

From what I remember Dragon Lord was a human who could turn into a dragon, while King Komodo was just one of his pet komodo lizards that got mutated and went off on his own. He battled Leatherhead in the sewers afterward.

Mako, Weasel, donie's injuries... are these integral elements to the story? Donnie's just went through this aspect in the metalhead arc, and it'd feel like a retread.

Don going into Metalhead's body in IDW seems largely inspired by the cyborg Don arc in Image, especially since we know they like to re-do old characters or storylines in their series. So yeah, it can't happen twice in the same universe.

Panda_Kahn_fan
04-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the help. I think I might just use the characters in a reworking of the story! :)

Andrew NDB
04-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the help. I think I might just use the characters in a reworking of the story! :)

You're putting in work, by the way. But you're still not fooling me.

Panda_Kahn_fan
04-12-2017, 12:01 AM
You're putting in work, by the way. But you're still not fooling me.

What the heck are you talking about?