PDA

View Full Version : Titanus and HAVOC

Prowler
04-02-2017, 01:56 PM
How did you feel about this mini-arc in the 8th season of the FW series?

I thought it was quite interesting at the time, although I was a bit disappointed they only had mutants we had never seen before. It would have been more interesting if they had recruited or attempted to recruit mutants like the Punk Frogs, Bebop and Rocksteady, Mondo Gecko, Scumbug , Rahzar and Tokka and Anthrax, etc. Remember that, in the previous season, Dirk Savage was huntign for mutants, and ever since Burne blamed the Turtles for Channel Six blowing up the Turtles and mutants by extension were hated by society at large, so that was a missed opportunity.

Anyway, I liked how Raphael and Donatello initially joined them and were showing feelings of misanthropy again. I've always liked that slight anti-human side of them.

In the global spectrum of things it seemed like season eight created some new characters in hope of them catching on and possibly bringing them back later, which didn't happen. So i guess they just decided to faze out Shredder and co and bring up a new villain and a sidekick in season 9.

So, thoughts on Titanus and HAVOC?

MikeandRaph87
04-02-2017, 02:08 PM
How did you feel about this mini-arc in the 8th season of the FW series?

I thought it was quite interesting at the time, although I was a bit disappointed they only had mutants we had never seen before. It would have been more interesting if they had recruited or attempted to recruit mutants like the Punk Frogs, Bebop and Rocksteady, Mondo Gecko, Scumbug , Rahzar and Tokka and Anthrax, etc. Remember that, in the previous season, Dirk Savage was huntign for mutants, and ever since Burne blamed the Turtles for Channel Six blowing up the Turtles and mutants by extension were hated by society at large, so that was a missed opportunity.

Anyway, I liked how Raphael and Donatello initially joined them and were showing feelings of misanthropy again. I've always liked that slight anti-human side of them.

In the global spectrum of things it seemed like season eight created some new characters in hope of them catching on and possibly bringing them back later, which didn't happen. So i guess they just decided to faze out Shredder and co and bring up a new villain and a sidekick in season 9.

So, thoughts on Titanus and HAVOC?

I got a Magneto feel to him. He brought out a divide in the TMNT and allowed them to show their personalities. Donatello felt isolation and pride in his identity of being a mutant turtle while Raphael got tired of human's prejudice towards them. Both traits were reoccurring throughout the particular series. His flunkies were underdeveloped and he needed an origin. I enjoyed his three episode arc. I liked it enough that Titanus headlined the first fan fiction story I ever wrote. Spoilers...I did kill him off at the climax of the one episode return though. That being said while I prefer Beserko being a reoccuring threat Titanus had a lot of background to flesh out as to how he became what he was and why he does what he does.

Prowler
04-02-2017, 02:10 PM
I got a Magneto feel to him. He brought out a divide in the TMNT and allowed them to show their personalities. Donatello felt isolation and pride in his identity of being a mutant turtle while Raphael got tired of human's prejudice towards them. Both traits were reoccurring throughout the particular series. His flunkies were underdeveloped and he needed an origin. I enjoyed his three episode arc. I liked it enough that Titanus headlined the first fan fiction story I ever wrote. Spoilers...I did kill him off at the climax of the one episode return though. That being said while I prefer Beserko being a reoccuring threat Titanus had a lot of background to flesh out as to how he became what he was and why he does what he does.
Heh you really like Berserko don't you?

I wonder if every single mutant was created by Titanus machine. I mean, like I've said, we had never seen those mutants before.

Wesley
04-02-2017, 02:25 PM
I thought this story arc was interesting as well for the same reasons as Prowler's. Titanus was a decent villain and a nice change from Shredder and Krang, in my opinion.

MikeandRaph87
04-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Heh you really like Berserko don't you?

I wonder if every single mutant was created by Titanus machine. I mean, like I've said, we had never seen those mutants before.

I assumed so,yes. The question I wanted answered was were they willing test subjects or did they buy into it wanting power which a mutation would provide. They are not normal mutants in the sense that they are animals turned into humanoids or likely in their cases humans turned animistic. They were simply mutated yet had human-like walking and speech abilites something that 4Kids mutants lacked sans Leatherhead and the TMNT and Splinter.

Yes, he has a Darth Vader look to him and was in just one episode when Shredder did arguably his most bad@ss deed in the 1987. I like the backstory and the connection to Krang which would enable a connection to what was there before but treading new territory at the same time. Do I want to let go of the past completely? No. Do I want to move to the future with something respecting and connecting to what was there before? Yes. I think that is what Cubed is saying and Beserko over Dregg is the perfect example of that.

Prowler
04-02-2017, 02:31 PM
I assumed so,yes. The question I wanted answered was were they willing test subjects or did they buy into it wanting power which a mutation would provide. They are not normal mutants in the sense that they are animals turned into humanoids or likely in their cases humans turned animistic. They were simply mutated yet had human-like walking and speech abilites something that 4Kids mutants lacked sans Leatherhead and the TMNT and Splinter.

Yes, he has a Darth Vader look to him and was in just one episode when Shredder did arguably his most bad@ss deed in the 1987. I like the backstory and the connection to Krang which would enable a connection to what was there before but treading new territory at the same time. Do I want to let go of the past completely? No. Do I want to move to the future with something respecting and connecting to what was there before? Yes. I think that is what Cubed is saying and Beserko over Dregg is the perfect example of that.
Tbh I've always wondered about Krang's backstory. We really don't know much about Dimension X at the end of the day and how he lost his body and who he is enemies are, etc. I was writing a fanfic about this sometime ago but haven't updated it in a while. Maybe I'll go back to writing for it this week.

snake
04-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Underrated. There's potential with Titanus/HAVOC for future incarnations.

MikeandRaph87
04-02-2017, 03:15 PM
It would be cool to see Agent Bishop vs Titanus one day. Agent Bishop vs the Mutanimals is awesome in the IDW ongoing. There is plenty for Bishop still to do such as with Burnow Island. Maybe after #100 if the character is still around and the creative team is looking for new plot threads. Otherwise any future incarnation has a pretty good three way ongoing battle with Agent Bishop vs TMNT vs Titanus with the fate of NYC and mutant-kind hanging in the balance.:)

Prowler
04-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Underrated. There's potential with Titanus/HAVOC for future incarnations.
If they can bring back Dregg and Pete the Pigeon surely they could bring back Titanus and other mutants? And also Carter?