PDA

View Full Version : Games you've bought the most times?

Prowler
04-06-2017, 12:49 AM
With all the classic games being reported and remade surely you've done this before for a few titles?

I'd say the NES SMB games and SMW. Not only I own the originals but I also own both the SNES and Wii versions of All-Stars and also the Super Mario Advance titles(except the one that contains SMB2).

Then come Ocarina of Time, Mega Man 2, Zelda 1, F-Zero and Sonic 1 in a tie.. Let me see, own Ocarina on the N64, GameCube(came in the same box as Wind Waker with also the master quest) and also own the 3DS remake of it.

Sonic 1 was my first Genesis/Mega Drive game, then bought the Sonic Mega Collection for the GameCube and the "3D remake" of it for the 3DS.

Mega Man 2? Own the Nes version, own the GC version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection and also bought the game off the Nintendo eShop.

As for F-Zero, own the SNES version, Wii VC version and 3DS VC version of it.

And finally, Zelda 1, own the NES cartridge still, the GBA version and also bought it off the Nintendo eShop on the 3DS.

Games I bought twice now? Majora's Mask, Mega Man 3 and Donkey Kong Country. Majora's owning the original and the 3DS remake. MM 3 the AC version and the 3DS VC version of it. And DKC own the GBC remake and own it also on the Wii VC.

...damn had not realised I've done this several times hahaha. What about you?

Gin Rummy
04-06-2017, 12:56 AM
I'm a sucker for remasters of old games I've played, but as far as a single game that I have purchased the most alternate copies of, that would have to be Resident Evil 4... I own it on Gamecube, PS2, Wii, 360, Steam, and PS4. :D

All I need now is a copy for my Xbone!

AT-Man
04-06-2017, 04:10 AM
Must be FF7, because I bought a physical copy, digital for PSP and the remaster for PS4. If the remake will be good, I'll buy that, too.

Ninjinister
04-06-2017, 04:15 AM
Pac-Man. Just off the top of my head - Atari 2600, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, the NES and Game Boy versions on 3DS, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, plus multiple compilations and with its pack-in as Pac-Man World for PS1 and on PS3.

Second would probably be Streets of Rage 2 (my actual favorite game ever). Genesis, Game Gear, 3DS, Wii, Steam, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Storm Eagle
04-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Super Mario Bros. 1-3: NES, SNES & Wii (Super Mario All-Stars), 3DS (eShop)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: N64, GameCube (Ocarina of Time: Master Quest & The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition), 3DS

The Legend of Zelda & Zelda II: The Adventure of Link: NES, 3DS (eShop), GameCube (Ocarina of Time: Master Quest & The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition)

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese version): SNES & Wii (Super Mario All-Stars), Wii Virtual Console, 3DS (eShop)

Metroid: NES, GameCube (Metroid Prime), GBA (Metroid: Zero Mission)

There are others, but I just own them in two ways.

Cure
04-06-2017, 09:18 AM
Probably the new Smash Brothers. Wii U, 3DS, all the DLC, and if it comes to the Switch, I'm getting it again.

Candy Kappa
04-06-2017, 09:45 AM
I usually stick to buying one version of a game, but I did buy TiT Re-Shelled on PS3 and 360. I also got OotS on PC and 360, probably on PS3 as well but I can't remember.

Oh yeah, I also have SMB on NES and 3DS and Pokemon Blue on GB and 3DS

Ninjinister
04-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Come to think of it, I have a lot of copies of SMB1 as well. The Duck Hunt and Duck Hunt/Track Meet carts on NES, All-Stars + World on SNES, All-Stars on Wii, 3DS VC version, GBA (Japanese) version, plus Deluxe on GBC and 3DS. And then all of the bootle handhelds I have...

I don't think I ever stopped to think about that one.

oldmanwinters
04-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Probably the NES Mega Man games, counting 1-5 original carts, the Anniversary Collection on Gamecube, and the Legacy Collection on 3DS and Steam (also bought an extra copy as a gift to a friend).

FredWolfLeonardo
04-06-2017, 06:09 PM
The games I've re-bought the most are Pokemon games on the GBA when my cartridges used to break and Counter Strike 1.6.

ProphetofGanja
04-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Robot Unicorn Attack and Peggle

Powder
04-06-2017, 08:13 PM
I guess Smash Bros, if like Cure, you count the 3DS & Wii U joints as kinda one thing. Had R/B/Y when the first Pokemon came out.

I got Wind Waker HD even though I have the Gamecube original, but I chose it as a Club Nintendo reward. Free stuff, yay.

Uhhhh, well, I bought SSB Melee & Super Monkey Ball 2 twice each 'cause my originals were scratched up & I couldn't live without working copies. :tlol:

Not much of a double dipper overall, really.

ssjup81
04-06-2017, 09:04 PM
I guess Super Mario RPG. I have the SNES version and the Super Famicon version.

Donkey King Country 2. SNES, Super Famicon, and before I lost it when traveling back to Japan last August. 3DS virtual console.

That's about all I can think of.

Prowler
04-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Come to think of it, I have a lot of copies of SMB1 as well. The Duck Hunt and Duck Hunt/Track Meet carts on NES, All-Stars + World on SNES, All-Stars on Wii, 3DS VC version, GBA (Japanese) version, plus Deluxe on GBC and 3DS. And then all of the bootle handhelds I have...

I don't think I ever stopped to think about that one.
Oh I forgot that I also own Super Mario Bros. Deluxe... that's another copy of SMB 1 right there.

I guess Super Mario RPG. I have the SNES version and the Super Famicon version.

Donkey King Country 2. SNES, Super Famicon, and before I lost it when traveling back to Japan last August. 3DS virtual console.

That's about all I can think of.
My brother originally bought the Japanese version of Super Mario RPG since the game had never been released in Europe and he didn't have an American SNES at the time... then the game gets released half a year later on the Wii Virtual Console :lol:. He bought it again, this time actually understanding the text.

TheBlueTurtle1
04-07-2017, 01:42 AM
Resident Evil 4 has to be the top one.

DarkFell
04-07-2017, 01:58 AM
I have attempted on-and-off to rebuild my stolen PS2 game collection - so far I have acquired a small handful of games from what was in my former collection.

I did however buy another Banjo-Kazooie game, and I had that game before. (I was stupid and sold my first cartridge because I needed the $$.)

ProactiveMan
04-07-2017, 02:52 AM
I think I've only ever bought two games more than once. I bought Grim Fandango Remastered, because the original is a pain in the ass to run on modern PCs, and Duke Nukem World Tour Edition, because some SOB borrowed Duke 3D and never gave it back.

I guess I could include Mario All Stars, as I already had Super Mario Bos. when I got that; but it came bundled with my Super NES, so I don't think it counts.

CyberCubed
04-07-2017, 03:57 AM
I bought RE4 three different times. The Gamecube original in 2005, bought the Wii version in 2007, and just recently the PS4 version last year in 2016.

Ironically enough it's never even had a real remake, they're just re-releases with different control schemes and in an HD port.

DestronMirage22
04-07-2017, 04:06 AM
NES Super Mario Bros.
Between the original, versions included on my bootleg consoles, and GBA versions, I have like 5 or 6 of this game. Never get tired of it.

Wesley
04-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles: Genesis/Mega Drive, GameCube (Sonic Mega Collection), DS (Sonic Classic Collection) and Wii (Virtual Console)

oldmanwinters
04-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles: Genesis/Mega Drive, GameCube (Sonic Mega Collection), DS (Sonic Classic Collection) and Wii (Virtual Console)

Oh, yeah, I've also got various legal digital redundant copies of the Sonic games (and associated Sega properties) through Sonic Jam on Saturn, 90s PC ports, PS2 and Gamecube Mega Collections, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Xbox360), ATgames clone systems, and now Steam. Oddly, I have little desire to buy the DS compilation unless somebody REALLY recommends it.

Of the collections/re-releases I've played, the Sonic Jam (https://www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/3421009201) presentation on Saturn is probably my favorite, as the developers added some subtle little twists that enhance the experience for veteran and novice players like the hilarious Easy Mode and the sound quality. But the Steam versions are fun because of Sega's embrace of the fan-mod community, so while compiling the old roms wasn't anything special, the user-uploaded customization keeps it interesting. In many ports of the Genesis games, the sound effects and music emulation deflate some of the original brilliance.

But sitting down to play the original carts on original SEGA hardware is still my favorite way to go!

Turo602
04-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Resident Evil 4 for me. I've actually bought many Resident Evil games multiple times but RE4 takes the cake. I got it on Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, and Xbox One (both physically and digitally).

Prowler
04-08-2017, 01:07 AM
Oh, yeah, I've also got various legal digital redundant copies of the Sonic games (and associated Sega properties) through Sonic Jam on Saturn, 90s PC ports, PS2 and Gamecube Mega Collections, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Xbox360), ATgames clone systems, and now Steam. Oddly, I have little desire to buy the DS compilation unless somebody REALLY recommends it.

Of the collections/re-releases I've played, the Sonic Jam (https://www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/3421009201) presentation on Saturn is probably my favorite, as the developers added some subtle little twists that enhance the experience for veteran and novice players like the hilarious Easy Mode and the sound quality. But the Steam versions are fun because of Sega's embrace of the fan-mod community, so while the old roms aren't anything special, the user-uploaded customization keeps it interesting. In many ports of the Genesis games, the sound effects and music emulation deflate some of the original brilliance.

But sitting down to play the original carts on original SEGA hardware is still my favorite way to go!
The thing about Sonic Jam is that the Sonic World thing where you're walking around in a 3D environment looked pretty good for the time. And that made you just want a proper 3D Sonic game. Instead we just got Sonic 3D Blast which was garbage.

oldmanwinters
04-08-2017, 02:42 PM
The thing about Sonic Jam is that the Sonic World thing where you're walking around in a 3D environment looked pretty good for the time. And that made you just want a proper 3D Sonic game. Instead we just got Sonic 3D Blast which was garbage.

I didn't mind Sonic 3D Blast and I think it was fine to sell a few carts on Genesis, but it certainly wasn't what the Saturn needed in place of a proper 3D Sonic. On the bright side, the Saturn-exclusive 3D bonus stages in Sonic Blast were a late 90s treat. And I liked Sonic R, although I've only played the PC (arguably superior to the Saturn) and Gamecube ports. Messing around with the 3D Sonic in Christmas NiGHTS was also fun as a gag.

Prowler
04-08-2017, 04:07 PM
I didn't mind Sonic 3D Blast and I think it was fine to sell a few carts on Genesis, but it certainly wasn't what the Saturn needed in place of a proper 3D Sonic. On the bright side, the Saturn-exclusive 3D bonus stages in Sonic Blast were a late 90s treat. And I liked Sonic R, although I've only played the PC (arguably superior to the Saturn) and Gamecube ports. Messing around with the 3D Sonic in Christmas NiGHTS was also fun as a gag.
Sonic kinda began falling off the radar around the time Saturn came out. Adventure was probably his last hurrah as far as being mainstream goes. Or have any of the recent 3DS Sonic titles been able to sorta revive him?

sdp
04-08-2017, 05:46 PM
I've got no idea but definitely Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda with Sonic likely coming second. I don't think I even want to count how many times I've bought them.

Prowler
04-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Btw, how many of you bought all of those updated versions of Street Fighter? Me and my brother own Street Fighter II: World Warrior and also Super Street Fighter II. And then he bought Street Fighter II Turbo off the Nintendo Wii shop back in 2007 or 2008.

I waited until Ultra to finally buy Street Fighter 4, though.

The thing about fighters having vanilla and updated versions is that sometimes their vanilla releases don't have very balanced characters and that makes competitive fighting worse. World Warrior is very bare bones compared to later versions of SF II. And people complained about Sagat being too overpowered in the vanilla version of SF4. Not to mention later editions added more characters.

oldmanwinters
04-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Btw, how many of you bought all of those updated versions of Street Fighter? Me and my brother own Street Fighter II: World Warrior and also Super Street Fighter II. And then he bought Street Fighter II Turbo off the Nintendo Wii shop back in 2007 or 2008.

Yeah, I think I own three Street Fighter carts on SNES and two on Genesis. And then I bought the compilation discs that came out on PS2.

Prowler
04-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I think I own three Street Fighter carts on SNES and two on Genesis. And then I bought the compilation discs that came out on PS2.
Huh don't like those. Playing SFII with loading screens is not fun. A real shame that Super Street Fighter II Turbo didn't get a very proper release. Supposedly its best console version is on the 3DO.. a console very few people owned.

Netkeeper
04-13-2017, 04:50 PM
Sonic Adventure 2, easily

I bought this game for myself twice because the first one was returned to me unplayable because a relative scratched it, I will mention but not officially count the third copy that was purchased for me as a gift because the friend I loaned my second copy to lost/damaged it, and I've also purchased the game once for 2 other different systems [so i have it on pc, dreamcast, and gamecube]... and on top of it I've purchased it one extra time as a gift for someone else.

Look, I really like chao gardens, okay

oldmanwinters
04-13-2017, 05:23 PM
Look, I really like chao gardens, okay

I try not to judge one's gameplay preferences. :tlol:

CyberCubed
04-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Come to think of it probably the original Super Mario Bros 1. I have:

- NES cart of Super Mario Bros. 1
- Super Mario All-stars for SNES, which has a remake of Mario 1
- Mario Bros. Deluxe for GBC, which was a port of Mario 1
- Super Mario Bros. 1 on Wii VC
- Super Mario Bros. 1 on 3DS (although I got this for free)

Ninjinister
04-14-2017, 11:23 AM

I waited until Ultra to finally buy Street Fighter 4, though.

The thing about fighters having vanilla and updated versions is that sometimes their vanilla releases don't have very balanced characters and that makes competitive fighting worse. World Warrior is very bare bones compared to later versions of SF II. And people complained about Sagat being too overpowered in the vanilla version of SF4. Not to mention later editions added more characters.

Oh lord if we're doing incarnations I easily have multiple versions of SF II. Not to mention all 4 disc releases of SF4 on 360....

oldmanwinters
04-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Not to mention all 4 disc releases of SF4 on 360....

Holy cow, there were four of them? I only remember three editions: original, "Arcade" and "Ultra"!

So tell me, if I want to buy just one, which one should I track down?

Ninjinister
04-14-2017, 11:30 PM
Holy cow, there were four of them? I only remember three editions: original, "Arcade" and "Ultra"!

So tell me, if I want to buy just one, which one should I track down?

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/16/164924/2720964-lolcapcom.png

Ultra is the only one you'd really need if you're not me.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
04-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Mario 3 or Street Fighter 2. I've also bought multiple versions of Street Fighter 4 as well.

Allio
04-16-2017, 11:08 PM
eh? not really much? Only thing I did rebuy was the remastered version of darksiders 1 on the ps4. It was about 12 dollars so I thought I pick it up.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
04-16-2017, 11:09 PM
Huh don't like those. Playing SFII with loading screens is not fun. A real shame that Super Street Fighter II Turbo didn't get a very proper release. Supposedly its best console version is on the 3DO.. a console very few people owned.

What's really lame is I think they're gonna charge full price for the SF2 version on Switch too right? I'm sure I'll be a sucker and buy it but dang that game should be more than $25 at this point. If that.

Tyma
04-17-2017, 03:06 PM
As dumb as it sounds, the game I've bought the most is flea-markey copies of Mario Kart Wii.

I can't help it that so many people insist on selling it to me for $0.50.

Netkeeper
04-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Man it would have been nice to find that one that cheap, I had to skip it

Stephen
05-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Quite a few Street Fighter games. Well, technically, some aren't Street Fighter.

Street Fighter Alpha (Windows)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Saturn)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Dreamcast)
Street Fighter Zero 2 (JAP - PS1)
Marvel Super Heroes (Saturn)
X-Men: Children of the Atom (Saturn)
Marvel vs Street Fighter (PS1)
X-Men vs Street Fighter (JAP - PS1)
Marvel vs Capcom (PS1)
Street Fighter 4 (3DS)

Ninjinister
05-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Quite a few Street Fighter games. Well, technically, some aren't Street Fighter.

Street Fighter Alpha (Windows)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Saturn)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Dreamcast)
Street Fighter Zero 2 (JAP - PS1)
Marvel Super Heroes (Saturn)
X-Men: Children of the Atom (Saturn)
Marvel vs Street Fighter (PS1)
X-Men vs Street Fighter (JAP - PS1)
Marvel vs Capcom (PS1)
Street Fighter 4 (3DS)

You only have one copy of each of those games though...? Except Alpha/Zero 2....

chrisdude
05-13-2017, 02:58 PM
I'd say Sonic the Hedgehog:
Genesis
GBA
PS2 Sonic Mega Collection
DS Sonic Classic Collection
iOS (It used to be a paid app)
3DS 3D remaster

Sonic 2:
All of the above, excluding GBA.

I'm sure I have Street Fighter II on just about every platform I've owned, but I won't count them since they're several different versions. Everything except DS. For reasons I'll never know, it never got Street Fighter II. Only console I can think of. Even 3DS didn't get it until 2016. Blows my mind.

Netkeeper
05-13-2017, 04:38 PM
omg you bought the GBA Sonic 1... I'm so sorry for your loss

Ninjinister
05-13-2017, 04:39 PM
I'm sure I have Street Fighter II on just about every platform I've owned, but I won't count them since they're several different versions. Everything except DS. For reasons I'll never know, it never got Street Fighter II. Only console I can think of. Even 3DS didn't get it until 2016. Blows my mind.

More systems don't have SFII than do.

oldmanwinters
05-13-2017, 06:39 PM
More systems don't have SFII than do.

Haha, I'm guessing nobody knows SFII better than you. So how many platforms total is it (and its obnoxious number of revisions) available on?

ssjup81
05-13-2017, 07:26 PM
I hadn't even thought of Street Fighter II. I have, if it counts...

Street Fighter II World Warrior (Super Famicom/Super Nintendo)
Street Fighter II Turbo (Super Famicom)
Super Street Fighter II (Super Nintendo)
Street Fighter II Champion Edition (Wii Virtual Console/PC Engine)

Hm, guess the only one that counts is World Warrior. Champion Edition is the PC Engine version on the Wii Virtual Console...but getting down to it, SFII had so many different versions...I can see why people "count" them as multiple versions of the same game. lol

chrisdude
05-14-2017, 08:35 AM
omg you bought the GBA Sonic 1... I'm so sorry for your lossOn release day, no less. I was waiting for it. I have probably bought worst games, but I don't think I've ever been so blindsided. There's no reason why a GBA can't run that game. Must be the lack of blast processing.

More systems don't have SFII than do. I've had versions on the first three PlayStations and Game Boy. It's been on the first two Xbox. I don't think it missed Saturn and Dreamcast. They certainly jammed the game on every box they could when it was new. I admit I can only assume Ultra II will make its way to XB1 and PS4. Otherwise, I'm honestly at a loss.

Stephen
05-14-2017, 10:18 AM
You only have one copy of each of those games though...? Except Alpha/Zero 2....

Ah, right. I misunderstood the thread then.

The only games that I've bought multiple times would be Mario Bros 3 (GBA, Wii and 3DS Virtual Console) and the early Sonic games. Original cartridges, Sonic Jam, Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Classic Collection, 3DS Virtual Console.

Ninjinister
05-15-2017, 01:46 PM
Haha, I'm guessing nobody knows SFII better than you. So how many platforms total is it (and its obnoxious number of revisions) available on?

By my count:
SF2 vanilla: Super NES, MS-DOS, Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Windows, Game Boy, PlayStation (SF Collection 2), Saturn (Capcom Generation 5), Mobile "feature" phones, PlayStation 2 (Capcom Classics Collection vol. 1), Xbox (CCC vol. 1), PSP (CCC Reloaded), Wii Virtual Console, Wii U Virtual Console, iOS (Capcom Arcade)

Champion Edition: TurboGrafix 16, Sharp X68000, Master System, PlayStation (SF Collection 2), Saturn (Capcom Generations 5), Windows (Capcom Arcade Hits Vol. 1), PlayStation 2 (CCC Vol. 1), Xbox (CCC Vol. 1), Mobile, Wii Virtual Console, iOS (Capcom Arcade)

Turbo: Super NES, Genesis (as Special Champion Edition), PlayStation (SF Collection 2), Saturn (Capcom Generations 5), PlayStation 2 (CCC Vol. 1), Xbox (CCC Vol. 1), Xbox Live Arcade, Wii Virtual Console (SNES/Genesis versions), iOS (Capcom Arcade), Wii U Virtual Console, New 3DS Virtual Console

Super SFII: FM-Towns, Genesis, Super NES, Sharp X68000, MS-DOS, Wii Virtual Console (SNES and Genesis versions), Blackberry, Wii U Virtual Console, New 3DS Virtual Console

Super SFII Turbo: 3DO, Amiga, Windows, PlayStation (SF Collection), Saturn (SF Collection), Dreamcast, PlayStation 2 (CCC Vol. 2), Xbox (CCC Vol. 2)

Super SFII Turbo Revival: Game Boy Advance, Wii U Virtual Console

Hyper SFII: PlayStation 2 (own disc in Japan, on Anniversary Collection everywhere else), Xbox (Anniversary Collection)

Super SFII Turbo HD: PlayStation 3 Network, Xbox Live Arcade, Xbox 360 (Capcom Digital Collection)

Ultra SFII: Switch

Obvs I left out stuff like the arcade/dedicated console/LCD handheld releases

chrisdude
05-15-2017, 03:31 PM
And it's missing on what, now? Intelevision? Were you just talking about the first version?

Ninjinister
05-15-2017, 07:21 PM
And it's missing on what, now? Intelevision? Were you just talking about the first version?

Well, the N64 and Gamecube certainly didn't have any incarnations. Virtual Boy (unless you count the homebrew) and NES. Or the DS. Sega CD and 32X. Jaguar. Lynx. OUYA. Vita. Wonderswan. Neo Geo Pocket - or really any Neo Geo system. Game.com. Game Gear. And this is without getting really obscure or counting things that were dead by the time the game was first released.

oldmanwinters
05-15-2017, 08:43 PM
By my count:
SF2 vanilla: Super NES, MS-DOS, Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Windows, Game Boy, PlayStation (SF Collection 2), Saturn (Capcom Generation 5), Mobile "feature" phones, PlayStation 2 (Capcom Classics Collection vol. 1), Xbox (CCC vol. 1), PSP (CCC Reloaded), Wii Virtual Console, Wii U Virtual Console, iOS (Capcom Arcade)

Champion Edition: TurboGrafix 16, Sharp X68000, Master System, PlayStation (SF Collection 2), Saturn (Capcom Generations 5), Windows (Capcom Arcade Hits Vol. 1), PlayStation 2 (CCC Vol. 1), Xbox (CCC Vol. 1), Mobile, Wii Virtual Console, iOS (Capcom Arcade)

Turbo: Super NES, Genesis (as Special Champion Edition), PlayStation (SF Collection 2), Saturn (Capcom Generations 5), PlayStation 2 (CCC Vol. 1), Xbox (CCC Vol. 1), Xbox Live Arcade, Wii Virtual Console (SNES/Genesis versions), iOS (Capcom Arcade), Wii U Virtual Console, New 3DS Virtual Console

Super SFII: FM-Towns, Genesis, Super NES, Sharp X68000, MS-DOS, Wii Virtual Console (SNES and Genesis versions), Blackberry, Wii U Virtual Console, New 3DS Virtual Console

Super SFII Turbo: 3DO, Amiga, Windows, PlayStation (SF Collection), Saturn (SF Collection), Dreamcast, PlayStation 2 (CCC Vol. 2), Xbox (CCC Vol. 2)

Super SFII Turbo Revival: Game Boy Advance, Wii U Virtual Console

Hyper SFII: PlayStation 2 (own disc in Japan, on Anniversary Collection everywhere else), Xbox (Anniversary Collection)

Super SFII Turbo HD: PlayStation 3 Network, Xbox Live Arcade, Xbox 360 (Capcom Digital Collection)

Ultra SFII: Switch

Obvs I left out stuff like the arcade/dedicated console/LCD handheld releases

Thanks for that! Back in the mid-90s, it seemed like Capcom would never put the III behind SF... and then we got like... three editions of SFIII within a year or something?

Ninjinister
05-16-2017, 12:18 AM
Thanks for that! Back in the mid-90s, it seemed like Capcom would never put the III behind SF... and then we got like... three editions of SFIII within a year or something?

Close, it was two of them in '97 and Third Strike in '99.

oldmanwinters
05-16-2017, 09:16 PM
Close, it was two of them in '97 and Third Strike in '99.

I can still remember the fan rage when Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was announced so soon after Marvel vs. Capcom and all its paid DLC, but seems like the price point was pretty good so most people were forgiving enough to just buy the disc anyway.

Ninjinister
05-23-2017, 02:04 PM
I can still remember the fan rage when Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was announced so soon after Marvel vs. Capcom and all its paid DLC, but seems like the price point was pretty good so most people were forgiving enough to just buy the disc anyway.

There were quite a few factors why that was a separate disc release vs. DLC, and even though there was way too little of a gap between vanilla MvC3 and Ultimate, I was much more willing to let that happen than the SF x Tekken debacle. Something like $30 of all on-disc DLC? No thank you :|

Some people rage about things like Injustice 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite's announcement of DLC before the game's even out and special editions that come with season passes and the like, and to a degree, they do have a point. But a lot of times they're equated to SFxT's DLC which is not accurate. At least in NetherRealm's case, they don't even start work on the DLC until the game's gone gold, and in both cases it seems more like the marketing department and perhaps other higher-ups calling shots. Many are quick to blame Boon and Ono for literally every little thing but they have people above them they have to satisfy - especially in Boon's case since his studio is owned by a giant like Warner Bros. Although, I do agree that some decisions with these two (plus MKX) were dumb, like Goro and Darkseid being day one DLC/pre-order bonuses (Goro was even the sub-boss so he was competely on-disc to begin with) and Sigma being DLC in MvCI even though he's one of the main antagonists along with Ultron, who is a standard character.

BUT! At least we're moving away from full discs being required in every situation for upgrades. I appreciate when it's an option - both for people who didn't pick up the original, and for collectors like me - but to have it a necessity is bogus in most cases.