PDA

View Full Version : New Dave Chappelle Netflix specials

ToTheNines
04-06-2017, 11:13 AM
OaRBPXLgKyg

I don't know how many stand up fans we have here, but these came out a couple weeks ago. They're both damn funny. It's good to see the man doing his thing again.

Prowler
04-06-2017, 03:00 PM
I remember watching the Chappelle Show back when in like 2003. The Yoda pervert, Clayton Bigsby and Wayne Brady sketches were hysterical.

Andrew NDB
10-11-2021, 10:53 AM
Dave Chappelle's "anti-transgender jokes" spur a Netflix boycott.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/08/entertainment/jaclyn-moore-dave-chappelle-netflix-boycott-cec/index.html

8UYrck-DO8c

LeotheLateBloomer
10-11-2021, 12:46 PM
This dude was my favorite comedian back in the 2000s. I'll be sure to give it a good watch. Hopefully he's still got it.:D

Andrew NDB
10-11-2021, 01:05 PM
This dude was my favorite comedian back in the 2000s. I'll be sure to give it a good watch. Hopefully he's still got it.:D

I admit, apart from a couple of big laughs at the beginning, then a big laugh about halfway through with the "Which 'they' are we talking about? The one where it's one person or the one where it's many?" I really wasn't laughing as much as I usually do with Chappelle. I certainly agreed with him on almost everything, I just found the comedy itself a little lighter this time around.

Sumac
10-11-2021, 01:33 PM
Dave Chappelle's "anti-transgender jokes" spur a Netflix boycott.
Angry crazy pervs are angry, when called out. What a surprise.
**** Netflix.

ZariusTwo
10-11-2021, 02:41 PM
**** Netflix.

Or are they..dare I say, our guys?

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/dave-chappelle-netflix-suspends-trans-employee-1235086394/

mrmaczaps
10-11-2021, 02:51 PM
He has a right to say it even if he isn't really all that funny.

Andrew NDB
10-11-2021, 03:06 PM
I do love how they're absolutely proving Chappelle's point.

IMJ
10-11-2021, 04:30 PM
I admit, apart from a couple of big laughs at the beginning, then a big laugh about halfway through with the "Which 'they' are we talking about? The one where it's one person or the one where it's many?" I really wasn't laughing as much as I usually do with Chappelle. I certainly agreed with him on almost everything, I just found the comedy itself a little lighter this time around.

Agreed.... this was less like a comedy routine and more like a presentation and "verbal penned letter".

I admire him for not backing down and for asking people to "stop punching down" on him. Brilliant. It will be lost on his haters though, but it's time we cancelled those f'n people anyway. :lol:

Andrew NDB
10-11-2021, 04:44 PM
Agreed.... this was less like a comedy routine and more like a presentation and "verbal penned letter".

Exactly. It's a little like every time Ricky Gervais shifts gears in his stand up to talk about how ridiculous religion and God is (and he loves to do this, all the time). I agree with virtually everything he's saying and am sitting there nodding my head at it... but I'm not really laughing.

Vegita-San
10-12-2021, 06:52 AM
can we at least agree that is one ugly looking 'woman?'

I honestly wish that twitter would go away. the world would be a better place without it.

IMJ
10-12-2021, 10:28 AM

I honestly wish that twitter would go away. the world would be a better place without it.

Twitter is the outlet for the cesspool manipulations of humanity. The people who tweet social-agenda nonsense are the same people who are angry at your office job and would try to sabotage you for having good office ideas.

I imagine twitter is largely comprised of three fundamental users:

-marketing teams
-foreign instigators who stir up the bottom-feeders of the U.S. population
-low E.Q. people like life-angry and can tweet out their vengeance in an echo chamber or like the kind of people who drop a cat into a mouse box for fun to watch the mice frenzy

AquaParade
10-12-2021, 10:30 AM

Agree that world would be better off without Twitter.

Dgaf whether this woman is ugly or not.

Sumac
10-12-2021, 02:48 PM
Twatter is probably the worst thing that had come out of Internet.

In its concept it is nothing bad, but it was abused and malformed into horrible hybrid, of cult-like propaganda machine for all sides of political spectrum and PR apparatus for mega-corporations, to spread their lies and obfuscate truth.

cammy85
10-13-2021, 09:02 AM
These became less of Dave's comedy and more of him telling like it is, since that worked the first time he hosted SNL. Not that it's a bad thing, but I can see why the less than stellar reviews. I still like them for what they are.

Sumac
10-13-2021, 04:19 PM
These became less of Dave's comedy and more of him telling like it is, since that worked the first time he hosted SNL. Not that it's a bad thing, but I can see why the less than stellar reviews. I still like them for what they are.
It reminds of the end of the 80s - beginning of the 90s Russian stand up satirists, which were less about the comedy (since Russia by that point one was big circus anyway), but more about highlighting, if in a grotesque way sometimes, absurdity of a surrounding world.

Usually it means your political system and social beliefs are in deep ****.

Or are they..dare I say, our guys?

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/dave-chappelle-netflix-suspends-trans-employee-1235086394/
Interesting.

Wrestling creates a character to mock SJWs, Netflix fires trans for being insane idiot, just like most of the trans. Hm, hopefully it is a painful road to a possible recovery.

LeotheLateBloomer
10-16-2021, 02:07 AM

Right now I'm watching The Closer and so far he's still got it. In my inner head, it's his way better than his Block Party Documentary.:lol:

The Deadman
10-16-2021, 09:48 AM
To those saying Twitter is garbage....it never used to be. It only turned into a cesspool when it allowed certain groups who complained about everything that offended them to have a voice and it went downhill from there.

Andrew NDB
11-04-2021, 11:25 PM
Oddly prophetic bit from the Arsenio Hall show eons ago:

T6W5_CSk044

Andrew NDB
12-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Wil Wheaton calls Chapelle a bigot and a piece of sh**.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/12/08/wil-wheaton-calls-dave-chappelle-a-bigot-and-piece-of-s-after-netflix-announced-the-comedian-will-headline-netflix-is-a-joke-festival/?fbclid=IwAR3fcWV9zq7p0_zgfijjXiF6dSgDi1yVyB0LqkZI 5UkSlChNyrwuKZkg-ig

ZariusTwo
12-09-2021, 11:31 AM

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/12/08/wil-wheaton-calls-dave-chappelle-a-bigot-and-piece-of-s-after-netflix-announced-the-comedian-will-headline-netflix-is-a-joke-festival/?fbclid=IwAR3fcWV9zq7p0_zgfijjXiF6dSgDi1yVyB0LqkZI 5UkSlChNyrwuKZkg-ig

Shut up Wesley!:lol:

IMJ
12-09-2021, 11:58 AM
Wil Wheaton. :roll:

Alright then, guy. :roll:

Sumac
12-09-2021, 01:41 PM
Hurting fee-fees of mental rapey perverts is now bad.
What a time to be alive!

Andrew NDB
01-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Chapelle has a new one on Netflix. I didn't even know it was coming until it was already out.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dave-chappelles-netflix-special-goes-viral-blunt-transgender-comments-telling-truth

Sumac
01-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Transcult offended as always.
LOL

LeotheLateBloomer
01-02-2024, 02:32 PM
Sheesh, it's like comedians are not allowed to be comedians.