PDA

View Full Version : 50 missiles launched at Syria

snake
04-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Looks like Trump is going back on his "America First" policy.

I feel like a fool, honestly.Trump LIED to his supporters about being focused on his own country and not making America the World Police again. I guess he was just another globalist puppet. It was going to happen no matter who won the vote, but this is such a terrible move. Looks like we're back to cuckservative central America.

The best case scenario here is we flex enough muscle to show that we shouldn't be tested. Worst case? WW3.

PApagreg
04-06-2017, 09:28 PM
I was hoping that Trump was at least better than Hillary but what with the raids on cannabis stores and signing the new ISP bill I was starting to think that maybe Trump wasn't the lesser of two evils, but this shows me that Trump is every bit as bad and hawkish as Hillary and the fact we had to choose between these two incompetent warmongers tells me that America should't have their party system limited to two

plastroncafe
04-06-2017, 09:32 PM
Maybe, just maybe, this'll be the thing that gets Congress to remember that they're the ones who're supposed to be approving military actions.
Something they really haven't done since...what? Gulf War the 1st?

Good luck out there, Dudes of Draftable age.
I wouldn't think you'd have much to worry about with a Dem controlled House or Senate, but...with GOP controlling both?

Yeah, good luck.

snake
04-06-2017, 09:36 PM
I was hoping that Trump was at least better than Hillary but what with the raids on cannabis stores and signing the new ISP bill I was starting to think that maybe Trump wasn't the lesser of two evils, but this shows me that Trump is every bit as bad and hawkish as Hillary and the fact we had to choose between these two incompetent warmongers tells me that America should't have their party system limited to two

I don't put the blame entirely on Trump. Like I said, I'm pretty sure he's a puppet of the deep state globalists that control our country. These are the same sh*ts who put us in Iraq. We're never gonna get out of the f*cking desert.

The best we can all hope for is that this is game of 5-D chess being played to send a message to all other countries, saying "don't **** with us or this happens".

Maybe, just maybe, this'll be the thing that gets Congress to remember that they're the ones who're supposed to be approving military actions.
Something they really haven't done since...what? Gulf War the 1st?

Good luck out there, Dudes of Draftable age.
I wouldn't think you'd have much to worry about with a Dem controlled House or Senate, but...with GOP controlling both?

Yeah, good luck.
Quiet. This would've happened no matter who won. You should be all over this anyways- we're shutting down the "big bad Assad" and going to take in a bunch of D I V E R S E refugees!

Prowler
04-06-2017, 09:42 PM
You really believed with Trump in power your country wouldn't go at war in the "goddamn sand people" again? And didn't he say he wanted to destroy ISIS anyway? So I don't think he's exactly lying in this case...

snake
04-06-2017, 09:44 PM
You really believed with Trump in power your country wouldn't go at war in the "goddamn sand people" again? And didn't he say he wanted to destroy ISIS anyway? So I don't think he's exactly lying in this case...

Syria isn't ISIS. I'm fine with bombing the sh*t out of ISIS. Assad was NOT part of ISIS. He was a crazy motherf*cker, but not ISIS. There's more to the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""chemical attack""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" than we know.

Prowler
04-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Syria isn't ISIS. I'm fine with bombing the sh*t out of ISIS. Assad was NOT part of ISIS. He was a crazy motherf*cker, but not ISIS. There's more to the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""chemical attack""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" than we know.
Then why is Trump bombing Syria? Who is he targeting exactly? Assad's faction, really?

snake
04-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Then why is Trump bombing Syria? Who is he targeting exactly? Assad's faction, really?

Multiple possible reasons.

He's bombing because he was tricked into believing the false flag of a chemical attack.

He's bombing because this makes him look good in the eyes of the normies who want the ebul assad put to justice.

He's doing this to send a message.

We're operating on multiple levels of Trump here.

plastroncafe
04-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Quiet. This would've happened no matter who won. You should be all over this anyways- we're shutting down the "big bad Assad" and going to take in a bunch of D I V E R S E refugees!

Unfortunately we'll never know if this would have happened had Clinton won the Electoral College.
It's funny though, one of the loudest anti-Clinton chants I heard prior to the election was how much of a Hawk she was, and how ANYONE else wouldn't start something.

Four months in...and our Commander in Chief is lobbing weapons at a country that was nerve gassed by its own government.

But hey, at least Putin knew about it ahead of time, right? I mean, Congress heard about it from the news, but Russia got a nod prior.

I'm sure that's fine.

More and more I'm reminded of this tweet:
'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party. (https://twitter.com/Cavalorn/status/654934442549620736)

Prowler
04-06-2017, 09:55 PM

He's bombing because he was tricked into believing the false flag of a chemical attack.

He's bombing because this makes him look good in the eyes of the normies who want the ebul assad put to justice.

But if there's one thing I thought was that he was interested in being more friendly with Putin.

Anyway I doubt he makes most decisions. He has tons of people on his ear.

snake
04-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately we'll never know if this would have happened had Clinton won the Electoral College.
It's funny though, one of the loudest anti-Clinton chants I heard prior to the election was how much of a Hawk she was, and how ANYONE else wouldn't start something.

Four months in...and our Commander in Chief is lobbing weapons at [B]a country that was nerve gassed by its own government.

lol no proof

Why would Assad, someone who opposed ISIS and was WINNING THE WAR, all of a sudden use chemical weapons on his OWN PEOPLE? It makes no sense. It's an obvious false flag.

Besides, the Hildog would've done the same. You just can't admit fault. Ever.

PApagreg
04-06-2017, 09:57 PM

That says more about him than the "false flag"

What normies, most people in this country are against him bombing Syria and this isn't comparable to the Iraq war where the majority of Americans were supporting it.

I have no idea how to reply to this one.

plastroncafe
04-06-2017, 09:58 PM
lol no proof

Why would Assad, someone who opposed ISIS and was WINNING THE WAR, all of a sudden use chemical weapons on his OWN PEOPLE? It makes no sense. It's an obvious false flag.

Besides, the Hildog would've done the same. You just can't admit fault. Ever.

Uh uh.
How's the semester going?

snake
04-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Uh uh.
How's the semester going?

Seriously, f*ck off with that. I don't ask about how your decrepit, rotten c*nt is doing as you enter menopause.

Just keep ignoring everything and listen to the mainstream media. It's the leftist way.

plastroncafe
04-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Seriously, f*ck off with that. I don't ask about how your decrepit, rotten c*nt is doing as you enter menopause.

Just keep ignoring everything and listen to the mainstream media. It's the leftist way.

Oh no, I seem to have triggered you. You seem upset.
Are you getting enough sleep?
It's late, shouldn't you be getting to bed?

CyberCubed
04-06-2017, 10:06 PM
If you look up history, the U.S. has been consistently bombing the middle east all throughout the Obama, Bush and Clinton years.

snake
04-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Oh no, I seem to have triggered you. You seem upset.
Are you getting enough sleep?
It's late, shouldn't you be getting to bed?

Lol, I knew it was gonna be some variation of TRIGGERED as a response.

If there's one thing that you and the media have in common, it's using false flag distractions. Snake brings up the idea of the attack being a conspiracy? Better bring up his age or something. I at least get creative when I insult you.

If you look up history, the U.S. has been consistently bombing the middle east all throughout the Obama, Bush and Clinton years.
No sh*t sherlock. This is different.

plastroncafe
04-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Lol, I knew it was gonna be some variation of TRIGGERED as a response.

If there's one thing that you and the media have in common, it's using false flag distractions. Snake brings up the idea of the attack being a conspiracy? Better bring up his age or something. I at least get creative when I insult you.

You're right. I'm bested.
There's just no coming back from the shame pit that "lol no proof" has flung me into.

Seriously, log out of Breitbart and go to sleep.
You've got school in the morning.
And I'm sure girls your own age you can call **** when they say something you don't agree with.

snake
04-06-2017, 10:16 PM
You're right. I'm bested.
There's just no coming back from the shame pit that "lol no proof" has flung me into.

Seriously, log out of Breitbart and go to sleep.
You've got school in the morning.
And I'm sure girls your own age you can call **** when they say something you don't agree with.

I have no idea what the f*ck that even is. I only see it referenced when people are calling out alt right cucks.

I'm saying that this attack makes no sense whatsoever to be commited by Assad. Why is some Syrian rebel group doing this so farfetched?

PApagreg
04-06-2017, 10:18 PM
I'm saying that this attack makes no sense whatsoever to be commited by Assad. Why is some Syrian rebel group doing this so farfetched?

Its not but do you have proof its Syrian rebels or any citations.

plastroncafe
04-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Proof? We're in a post-evidence world! People don't need proof!
Not when one can just say something did/didn't happen.

That's the issue with Trump going in guns blazing.
That he's being goaded into pulling stupid American Cowboy crap is just...it's not a good sign.
And it wouldn't be a good sign regardless of who was in the Oval Office.
It's be a terrible sign if it was Sanders doing this too.

Though, I have a hard time believing a lot of stuff that's come out of the Oval recently would do so if Sanders were in there.
Then again...maybe it would. We'll never know.

snake
04-06-2017, 10:22 PM

Assad was winning the war and had no reason to use chemical weapons on his own people. It literally had 0 benefit for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr_ByQH2QY0&t=5s

On the flipside, give me proof Assad did it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-06-2017, 10:34 PM
In retrospect, I should not have been surprised that this thread became another Snake versus Plastroncafe battle.

Oedipus Complex versus Cougar!

I love you both too much to watch... please, someone, think of the not-yet-middle-aged-man who adores you both.

plastroncafe
04-06-2017, 10:40 PM
In retrospect, I should not have been surprised that this thread became another Snake versus Plastroncafe battle.

Oedipus Complex versus Cougar!

I love you both too much to watch... please, someone, think of the not-yet-middle-aged-man who adores you both.

Oh you smooth talker, you.
https://media.giphy.com/media/qToRXyEdW31xm/giphy.gif

IndigoErth
04-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Two and a half months in and this already. Gonna be a fun four years...

I suppose followers of his that are warmongers can at least now claim he finally did something. Something beyond twitter rants and failing at other things.

Also, he may have given orders to do it, but I bet Fox News told him to. :tlol:

plastroncafe
04-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Maybe if we're really lucky that Random Guy From Youtube will get a big enough following for the White House to take notice, and he could get an advisory position.

ProactiveMan
04-07-2017, 01:44 AM
Great. It's Saddam Hussein all over again. He used chemical weapons so let's carpet bomb the country for a few years, then invade. Then it's like "Gee, where did all these refugees come from all of a sudden?"

I'm not trying to downplay the gas attack, but the missiles are going to kill a lot more people.

ToTheNines
04-07-2017, 05:58 AM
Looks like Trump is going back on his "America First" policy.

I feel like a fool, honestly.Trump LIED to his supporters about being focused on his own country and not making America the World Police again. I guess he was just another globalist puppet. It was going to happen no matter who won the vote, but this is such a terrible move. Looks like we're back to cuckservative central America.

The best case scenario here is we flex enough muscle to show that we shouldn't be tested. Worst case? WW3.

Well you didn't actually vote for him, so your conscious can be clean there.

I kinda fail to see how this is a "globalist conspiracy". Seems more Neo-conny to me. Kicking brown people ass, just for the hell of it.

You are right that he's mostly a puppet though. Some combination of Priebus/Pence/Bannon is absolutely telling him what to do. Just look at his cabinet. He was allowed to throw a bone to a few of his bootlicking campaign cheerleaders, but the rest have been actual conservatives who were highly critical of him. No way that thin skinned puss wanted any of them.

I don't put the blame entirely on Trump. Like I said, I'm pretty sure he's a puppet of the deep state globalists that control our country. These are the same sh*ts who put us in Iraq. We're never gonna get out of the f*cking desert.

We're mainly in the Middle East for oil. Watch the documentary "The Burden", crazy stuff. Basically if we pulled out 100 percent, oil would go up to like 8 dollars a gallon. But at the same time, we wouldn't be spending billions of our tax payer dollars to keep things under control over there.

Hasn't Trump rambled on before about stealing other countries oil?

You should be all over this anyways- we're shutting down the "big bad Assad" and going to take in a bunch of D I V E R S E refugees!

That was surely the narrative before today. Now that Trump did something, it's the WORST THING EVER

I'm fine with bombing the sh*t out of ISIS.

No. That **** always ends with civilian casualties. It basically just does the ISIS recruiters' jobs for them.

Johnson or Stein wouldn't have. Too bad all y'all Hillary supports just wasted your votes on bolstering the two-party system.

Snark aside, you're right about Congress having to approve this kind of stuff. Except all the R's and your precious, perfect D's signed the AUMF back in 2001. So of course Bush abused it, but so did The Chosen One, instead of fixing it. I thought he had a degree in Constitutional law? Hmm....

But it's weird and troubling that none of the non-interventionist members of Congress have tried to fix it after all these years. I'd say it's time.

Also, gonna leave this here. Not that we didn't know that Donald was a lying, hypocritical oaf, but:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8xl_8kXUAAxlXt.jpg

plastroncafe
04-07-2017, 08:03 AM
You're right, Johnson or Stein wouldn't do this. But that's mostly because they'll never see the inside of the Oval Office. Not so long as we have the Electoral College choosing our president

Here's to hoping the majority party of no actually gets up off their ass and does something for the first time in 10 years.

We all deserve very than that.

ToTheNines
04-07-2017, 09:11 AM
So only 23 of the 50 missiles hit the target. 4 Syrian soldiers were killed, 6 planes, a hangar and 1 runway were destroyed.

Here's Hillary being all about it: http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/hillary-clinton-syria-assad/

Cuck Schumer loves it, along with the establishment Rs: http://abcnews.go.com/International/strike-syria-mixed-reaction-lawmakers/story?id=46639533

You're right, Johnson or Stein wouldn't do this. But that's mostly because they'll never see the inside of the Oval Office. Not so long as we have the Electoral College choosing our president

You blame the Electoral College, I blame the Democrat and Republican collusion in rigging the debate commission. Maybe we're both right.

That being said, an all around failure for any candidate to reach 270 electoral votes forces the vote to the House. Maybe that could have saved us from Trump.

plastroncafe
04-07-2017, 09:22 AM
You have way more faith in Congress than I do.
Which is funny, all things considered.

As for what Clinton thinks?
Who cares. She's not in a position of power, but rather a private citizen like the rest of us. She's allowed to have what ever opinion she wants.

The time has long since past for people to be pointing fingers at her.
This is what we've got, it's time to hold the people in power accountable, anything else is a diversionary tactic.

ToTheNines
04-07-2017, 09:33 AM
You have way more faith in Congress than I do.
Which is funny, all things considered.

Lol, touche. Still, he had a lot of opposition from his own party, many Reps. never endorsed him. And even the ones who decided to kiss the ring would have loved to stab him in the back.

As for what Clinton thinks?
Who cares. She's not in a position of power, but rather a private citizen like the rest of us. She's allowed to have what ever opinion she wants.

You're right. I just personally think this was inevitable between the Giant Douche and the Turd Sandwich.

This is what we've got, it's time to hold the people in power accountable, anything else is a diversionary tactic.

From a Trump supporter, perhaps. I'm just trying to point out that a lot of hacks in Washington think this **** is ok. It's not.

plastroncafe
04-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Where as what I've been saying is: Because we aren't able to look down the other leg of the Trousers of Time, there's no way to know for certain that a war with Syria was a Fixed Point.

Speculating is a waste of time.
This is all on Trump and the GOP. They're the ones with the keys to the castle.
Which is even more horrifying given that the GOP admitted on the record that they don't know how to legislate, because they've been the Party of No for so long.

And of course a lot of folks in Washington think this is a good idea.
There's a lot of money to be made in war. And a lot of scandal that needs folks to look away from before it can be swept under the rug.

The fact remains that the people of Syria are dying, and our country can apparently afford to lob bombs at them, but not much else.
Which is par for the course, if you look back at how we've treated others in that part of the world we promised we'd help.

America always has been, and apparently always will be, a country with a short attention span no long game.

Spike Spiegel
04-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Apparently some elements of Trump's hardcore fan base are less than happy with him:

The Alt-Right Has Found A New Cuck To Hate: Itís Donald Trump (http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/04/07/alt-right-found-new-cuck-hate-donald-trump/)

Syria missile attack sparks tremors on Trump train (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/04/07/syria-missile-attack-sparks-tremors-on-trump-train.html)

Some of Trumpís biggest supporters are furious about his strikes in Syria (http://www.vox.com/2017/4/6/15215376/alt-right-trump-syria)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-08-2017, 02:06 PM
America always has been, and apparently always will be, a country with a short attention span no long game.

We remember as far back as one previous Presidential administration and that's it. And that will never change.

IndigoErth
04-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Apparently some elements of Trump's hardcore fan base are less than happy with him:

The Alt-Right Has Found A New Cuck To Hate: Itís Donald Trump (http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/04/07/alt-right-found-new-cuck-hate-donald-trump/)

Syria missile attack sparks tremors on Trump train (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/04/07/syria-missile-attack-sparks-tremors-on-trump-train.html)

Some of Trumpís biggest supporters are furious about his strikes in Syria (http://www.vox.com/2017/4/6/15215376/alt-right-trump-syria)
Didn't see that coming miles months away. Not at all. Never. Nope. Nada.

http://i.imgur.com/7Fbtvoz.gif

Maybe non-Trump people (esp those on the right due to less political bias, but still said 'hell no') who trusted their gut instincts about this man had a point...?

I'm just surprised he managed to disappoint so soon.

Coola Yagami
04-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Geez, my FB has been blowing with people taking turns sucking Trump's dick, saying it's about time he shows America isn't one to **** with and that unlike Obama, he has balls and blah blah the **** blah. There's reports that the Syrians are happy for the bombings. I'm worried about retaliation. You don't get bombed and stay quiet about it.

Prowler
04-08-2017, 06:10 PM
The whole conflict in Syria is a flipping mess. So many factions are fighting there and we should be more wary of the so called "moderate rebels". We've seen this movie countless times. USA, Russia, UK, France, wtv. get involved in the Middle East, arm a certain group of rebels... then years later those rebels bite the hand that feeds them and become the new bad guys. Remember when Saddam and Bin Laden were friends with USA? It's cyclical.

ToTheNines
04-09-2017, 06:03 AM

I'm surprised to see so many people sticking to their guns. Normally, ideologies just shift with whatever Our Guy does. I really thought this crop odd of nationalists that popped up in the past few years were only beating their chests in opposition to Obama. Even if I can't agree with them, I can respect the consistency.

I had to reply to some of retards in that Fox article (second one). I got banned after 3 posts lol.

plastroncafe
04-09-2017, 10:19 AM
We remember as far back as one previous Presidential administration and that's it. And that will never change.

More's the pity.

I found this breakdown of the situation leading up to where we are now, pretty helpful:
"This 6-minute history of the Syrian Civil War is required watching for anyone hoping to put Thursday's strike in context." - Ezra Klein (https://www.facebook.com/ezraklein/videos/676576025863336/?pnref=story)

Take of it what you will.

Leofan26
04-15-2017, 12:47 AM
UGH, flipping scary what's going on right now. Call me a snow flake fine whatever I'd rather no Wars and deaths and more freedom to move around thanks. I see a Trump supporter on here and that's fine, please respect my opinion as I would yours, I feel like we are going backwards in life instead of moving forward, I am freaking out over the possibilities of a World War 3, why? I thought Trump wanted to keep out of that stuff and keep America first? What happened to that? I'm also confused why a lot of Trump supporters are so for all these flip flops he's doing on his promises :-?

snake
04-15-2017, 12:51 AM
UGH, flipping scary what's going on right now. Call me a snow flake fine whatever I'd rather no Wars and deaths and more freedom to move around thanks. I see a Trump supporter on here and that's fine, please respect my opinion as I would yours, I feel like we are going backwards in life instead of moving forward, I am freaking out over the possibilities of a World War 3, why? I thought Trump wanted to keep out of that stuff and keep America first? What happened to that? I'm also confused why a lot of Trump supporters are so for all these flip flops he's doing on his promises :-?

It's literally been the opposite. I saw a sh*tload of people jump ship online and a couple IRL.

ToTheNines
04-15-2017, 04:47 AM
Basically, it's like this. There's all different styles of right wingers and left wingers, but even still, they pretty much all bow to the Party nominee no matter how retarded they are.

Trump (who's really more of moderate Democrat/Rockefeller Republican) spent the whole campaign beating the nationalist drum. Really, most registered Republicans are Neoconservatives, so the fact that Trump has gone full Neocon before his first 100 is up has them all hard as oak.

So a lot of this current wave of nationalism was just in opposition of everything Obama was doing, rather than a legitimate ideology. So the real nationalists have jumped ship, and the fake one's are still on his dick, because "i hate democrats".

plastroncafe
04-15-2017, 08:32 AM
Missiles launched at Syria.
MOAB dropped on Afghanistan.
China and Korea basically daring the administration to start something.

Interesting times.

Stay safe out there, folks.

ToTheNines
04-15-2017, 09:14 AM
I've been scared sh*tless the past couple weeks. Been avoiding the news and trying to catch up on my reading list.

I'll be too old to get drafted in about 2 weeks, but they can always change the rules.

Leofan26
04-15-2017, 10:58 AM
I've been scared sh*tless the past couple weeks. Been avoiding the news and trying to catch up on my reading list.

I'll be too old to get drafted in about 2 weeks, but they can always change the rules.

I feel your pain, I've been trying to avoid news too and just stick to Anime or keeping myself busy.

See, me living in California and watching or hearing what's unraveling with North Korea keeps giving me heart attacks about what's going on. Every time I see a white flash or some thing I think this is it and jump out of fear and it turns out to be some thing else :cry:

Leofan26
04-15-2017, 11:01 AM
Missiles launched at Syria.
MOAB dropped on Afghanistan.
China and Korea basically daring the administration to start something.

Interesting times.

Stay safe out there, folks.

I heard rumors China and Trump were on good terms though :roll:

CyberCubed
04-15-2017, 12:08 PM
North Korea's regime really needed to be taken out years ago, but of course nobody wants to send millions to their deaths which is why we avoided confrontation with them all these years. But with Trump in command and him already threatening North Korea on his twitter and his statements, it's probably only a matter of time.

ToTheNines
04-15-2017, 12:25 PM
I feel your pain, I've been trying to avoid news too and just stick to Anime or keeping myself busy.

See, me living in California and watching or hearing what's unraveling with North Korea keeps giving me heart attacks about what's going on. Every time I see a white flash or some thing I think this is it and jump out of fear and it turns out to be some thing else :cry:

We have missile defense systems all over the world, I don't see a nuke getting anywhere near the continental US. Still scary. And I feel horrible for every one in South Korea, Japan, etc. And most of all, the innocent civilians in North Korea.

North Korea's regime really needed to be taken out years ago, but of course nobody wants to send millions to their deaths which is why we avoided confrontation with them all these years. But with Trump in command and him already threatening North Korea on his twitter and his statements, it's probably only a matter of time.

So you finally admit to being a Trump supporter...

The Deadman
04-15-2017, 01:36 PM
You dont have to be a Trump supporter to know that North Korea needed to be dealt with in some fashion before they actually were able to send a missle over to this side of the world...and I guarantee the ones bashing Trump for firing the first shot would be clamoring for some sort of a response.

Also lol @ people believing the Syrian president saying it was a fabrication when it's not the first time he's been accused of attacking his own people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashar_al-Assad#Alleged_war_crimes

ToTheNines
04-15-2017, 02:15 PM
You dont have to be a Trump supporter to know that North Korea needed to be dealt with in some fashion before they actually were able to send a missle over to this side of the world...and I guarantee the ones bashing Trump for firing the first shot would be clamoring for some sort of a response.

North Korea is not America's fault. Nor are they solely our problem.

Also lol @ people believing the Syrian president saying it was a fabrication when it's not the first time he's been accused of attacking his own people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashar_al-Assad#Alleged_war_crimes

He's definitely a piece of crap, but there are no good guys/bad guys in Syria. Just warring factions and innocents caught in the crossfire. The fact that their government is allied with Russia and Iran makes it a bad idea to fire ass loads of missiles at them, especially if our only reason was because Donald saw dead children on Fox and Friends.

This **** is not a competent leader:

83aqWZfbj7A

Leofan26
04-15-2017, 03:22 PM

Tell me Cybercubed, are you going to join the army than since we seem to be heading in that direction? Since you feel so strongly about this. It's all talk till you experience it yourself. More soldiers being sent to graves and yes more innocent people getting caught in the blast. I'm not saying what happened in Syria was good, no it was horrible but what we are doing is no better for those people who live there or for people who live here. Worse, Trump banned people who want to get out of that situation, so it's like make up your mind? Are you for helping them or saving America itself? You can't have your cake and eat too.

Funny thing, Trump was against sending in troops to fight the situation before.

Course that's my opinion on this. I mean, like you said this has been going on for years.

FYI, Makes me wonder what would happen if Twitter wasn't around now.

I hope it doesn't TotheNines, I hope it doesn't. I know I shouldn't take comments online seriously but...That's why I've been trying to avoid news videos such though.

Bry
04-19-2017, 09:42 AM
"Trump LIED to his supporters"

Gee, if only there were some way to see this coming. Like the entire, well-documented history of Donald Trump as a person and "businessman". Something like that.

He's always been a conman. All he does is lie. That's his only real talent, and he's great at it -- he lies, he cons people, he cashes in and then leaves them in the dirt. Except now he's doing it to your entire country.

Everyone was warned ahead of time. Trump supporters chose to get conned anyway. No sympathy for any of 'em.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 09:51 AM
It's a great thing to be too old to draft.

ToTheNines
04-19-2017, 10:56 AM
It's a great thing to be too old to draft.

They can always change that. They were taking dudes well into their 40's back in WWII. Maybe I'll just claim "bone spurs" like our pussy ass president.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 10:58 AM
They can always change that. They were taking dudes well into their 40's back in WWII. Maybe I'll just claim "bone spurs" like our pussy ass president.

Yeah, but by the time they're changing the draft, we're probably at the point where we actually NEED to join up regardless...

ToTheNines
04-19-2017, 11:04 AM
Maybe they'll put all of us TMNT nerds in the same unit.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Maybe they'll put all of us TMNT nerds in the same unit.

I wouldn't trust half of these people to even know how to put on their helmet, much less hold a rifle. :trazz:

ToTheNines
04-19-2017, 11:20 AM
There's no way we'd be combat lol.

Saw this in the IDW solicits, but didn't wanna get political in the TMNT sections:

http://rzzy0b736k-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/6d5d5b61-56ac-4f71-885a-f1e13dc43cf6.jpg

Some people are saying, I don’t know, you tell me, but a lot of people are saying this is the greatest book of the year. This guy, Shannon Wheeler, he draws these cartoons for the New Yorker, MAD, the Onion — he’s very, very, good, okay? Now he’s illustrated the most incredible tweets. Wow! You won’t believe what he does with these tweets. I mean, these tweets changed the world, folks. It’s true! It’s very true. EVERYONE is going to want this book — even the haters and losers (Sad!).

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 11:27 AM
There's no way we'd be combat lol.

Saw this in the IDW solicits, but didn't wanna get political in the TMNT sections:

http://rzzy0b736k-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/6d5d5b61-56ac-4f71-885a-f1e13dc43cf6.jpg

I want that. I WANT THAT NOW.

Cure
04-19-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm sickly so I'm definitely not getting drafted. Yeeeeeah boyee.

CyberCubed
04-19-2017, 11:58 AM
LOL, there's never going to be a draft. They have enough people who volunteer into the military and there's never going to be a full-scale ground war on the level of WWII again.

This reminds me back in the early 2000's when Bush was president people kept posting fake scares of a draft coming back for Iraq/Afghanistan back then too, of course it never happened. I don't know why people even think this would happen.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 12:00 PM
LOL, there's never going to be a draft. They have enough people who volunteer into the military and there's never going to be a full-scale ground war on the level of WWII again.

This reminds me back in the early 2000's when Bush was president people kept posting fake scares of a draft coming back for Iraq/Afghanistan back then too, of course it never happened. I don't know why people even think this would happen.

Eventually, some day down the line, there WILL be another global war. It's just a matter of whose ticket gets punched the day that happens.

Maybe not our generation, maybe not in 10 or 20 or 50 years... but it's just matter of time.

CyberCubed
04-19-2017, 12:11 PM
There can't be, the world is too globalized now with every country dependent on each other, plus the internet letting the general population know everything that's going on, plus any nuclear war would devastate the entire planet and not just one country. The trade winds would blow the nuclear radiation fallout through the atmosphere everywhere.

The reason stuff like WWII never happened again is because it happened over 70 years ago when the world was still fragmented, we weren't aware of the devastation of nuclear power, there was no globalized internet to let everyone know what was going on, and the world was still ignorant.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 12:13 PM
There can't be, the world is too globalized now with every country dependent on each other, plus the internet letting the general population know everything that's going on, plus any nuclear war would devastate the entire planet and not just one country. The trade winds would blow the nuclear radiation fallout through the atmosphere everywhere.

The reason stuff like WWII never happened again is because it happened over 70 years ago when the world was still fragmented, we weren't aware of the devastation of nuclear power, there was no globalized internet to let everyone know what was going on, and the world was still ignorant.

Cubed, old boy, you're really starting to make me sympathize with Nines.

CyberCubed
04-19-2017, 12:17 PM
There will be no draft, and you all know it. Anyone who is sitting there living in fear of some new global war needs to realize it will never happen.

plastroncafe
04-19-2017, 02:37 PM
And yet, dudes still have to register for Selective Service at 18...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 02:39 PM
And yet, dudes still have to register for Selective Service at 18...

For no reason at all, obviously.

plastroncafe
04-19-2017, 02:44 PM
For no reason at all, obviously.

Oh no, certainly not!

Though...strangely enough the podcast RadioLab just recently did a story on our Nuclear Program, and how the President of the US can pretty much unilaterally launch a strike without any sort of oversight from anyone else.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/nukes/

President Richard Nixon once boasted that at any moment he could pick up a telephone and - in 20 minutes - kill 60 million people. Such is the power of the US President over the nationís nuclear arsenal. But what if you were the military officer on the receiving end of that phone call? Could you refuse the order?

This episode, we profile one Air Force Major who asked that question back in the 1970s and learn how the very act of asking it was so dangerous it derailed his career. We also pick up the question ourselves and pose it to veterans both high and low on the nuclear chain of command. Their responses reveal once and for all whether there are any legal checks and balances between us and a phone call for Armageddon.

Utrommaniac
04-19-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm amazed he hasn't launched nukes at someone already, but I'm still terrified that he will.

CyberCubed
04-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Nobody is launching nukes (except maybe North Korea). North Korea could possibly be stupid enough to try, but even then we'd crush them in an instant like ants. But the U.S. won't.

I guess you guys were too young to realize us older people went through this already in the early 2000's when Bush was president. When 9/11 happened and Afghanistan/Iraq happened, everyone was like, "We're on the eve of World War III" or "Bush is going to go nuclear, etc."

Of course nothing of that sort happened. A lot of you younger people were just kids when George Bush was president in the early 2000's, so you guys don't realize we went through these "fake scares" 15 years ago.

Andrew NDB
04-19-2017, 04:30 PM
Nobody is launching nukes (except maybe North Korea). North Korea could possibly be stupid enough to try, but even then we'd crush them in an instant like ants. But the U.S. won't.

This is true. And that's if it didn't just blow up launch, which is a big if with them. Though even then... it's kind of like, you have a gunslinger duel outside the saloon. You draw your pistol, the other guy draws his pistol, you hear a CLICK... the other guy's weapon seized up and he can't shoot at you. But he tried. Do you just shrug, spare his life, or shoot him anyway? You shoot him anyway.

Utrommaniac
04-19-2017, 05:17 PM

I guess you guys were too young to realize us older people went through this already in the early 2000's when Bush was president. When 9/11 happened and Afghanistan/Iraq happened, everyone was like, "We're on the eve of World War III" or "Bush is going to go nuclear, etc."

Of course nothing of that sort happened. A lot of you younger people were just kids when George Bush was president in the early 2000's, so you guys don't realize we went through these "fake scares" 15 years ago.

With this in mind, I pretty much grew up under Bush's presidency. So you're right that I would have missed it. And maybe I'm still naive, but I still trust him with nukes more than Trump.

CyberCubed
04-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Back in 2001-2003 especially all people ever talked about was how Bush was going to launch World War III. I mean of course 9/11 made a huge impact and the fallout was terrible.

I was in 10th grade back in 2001, so I remember it vividly as all my High School teachers would constantly talk about how this was the biggest event to happen in U.S. history since the end of the Cold War. People seem to forget Bush was hated on an equal level as Trump is now, people had vehement hatred for Bush back in the day.

Of course as we know besides the wars in the middle east which still go on to this day, nothing else happened and life went on. Obama became president after Bush and here we are.

plastroncafe
04-19-2017, 07:20 PM
I'm older than you are, Cubed.
By apparently quite a large degree, so yeah...I'm pretty well aware of both Desert Storm as well as Enduring Freedom.
And neither of the men in charge during those were anything like the dude with his finger on the "football."

CyberCubed
04-19-2017, 08:07 PM
The U.S. won't launch a nuke even with Trump in charge. This is 2017, not 1917. We're in the modern year, these things aren't going to happen.

Remember, 2017 not 1917. We learned a lot in the last 100 years.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 08:16 PM
The U.S. won't launch a nuke even with Trump in charge. This is 2017, not 1917. We're in the modern year, these things aren't going to happen.

Remember, 2017 not 1917. We learned a lot in the last 100 years.

We didn't have nukes in 1917.

I know, I know... cheap shot. But I got the last word!

plastroncafe
04-19-2017, 08:23 PM
Okay, threadjack.

Cylon!
I nearly snarfed my drink just now when I saw your sig file.

And I thought you should know.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 08:40 PM
Okay, threadjack.

Cylon!
I nearly snarfed my drink just now when I saw your sig file.

And I thought you should know.

You can thank Utrommaniac for the sigpic... :tlol:

And now that Cubed is in the time-out corner, I think this thread has come to a close. I'm gonna go complain about Nick's terrible writing and characters for two weeks straight now... no opposition! :twink:

Utrommaniac
04-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Guilty as charged :P .

I'm honestly a little surprised the "time out" has happened now of all times. And considering how long he's been here, has it happened before?

Andrew NDB
04-19-2017, 08:47 PM
Did anyone stop and ask... just because we COULD ban CyberCubed... SHOULD we?

But don't worry, Cylons. pferreira should be online tomorrow for his weekly scheduled net time.

ProactiveMan
04-19-2017, 08:50 PM
It's creeping me out a little bit.

Coola Yagami
04-19-2017, 08:52 PM

I'm not sure the Technodrome Forums would be able to withstand the newfound sense of respectability as a TMNT forum and sudden raise in overall IQ points. It might make the whole site collapse.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 08:57 PM

But don't worry, Cylons. pferreira should be online tomorrow for his weekly scheduled net time.

Too true, Andrew. :tlol: If the doctors thought internet access would help him reintegrate with society, they were sadly mistaken...

I'm not sure the Technodrome Forums would be able to withstand the newfound sense of respectability as a TMNT forum and sudden raise in overall IQ points. It might make the whole site collapse.

:tlol:

ProphetofGanja
04-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Whoa, what kind of sh!t storm did I walk into here?? Cubed and Nines banned at the same time?? But it's just temporary right? Do we really ban people simply for talking politics or did something else go down while I was away this afternoon?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Whoa, what kind of sh!t storm did I walk into here?? Cubed and Nines banned at the same time?? But it's just temporary right? Do we really ban people simply for talking politics or did something else go down while I was away this afternoon?

Yes, temporary, and no, it didn't happen in this thread or for political reasons; it happened because Cubed and Nines go at each other like Klingons and Romulans. Here, there, everywhere.

plastroncafe
04-19-2017, 09:06 PM

While we're not supposed to talk politics, they were temp-banned for shenanigans elsethread. Or rather, maybe elsethread was the straw that broke the mods' resolve.

Coola Yagami
04-19-2017, 09:19 PM
Klingons and Romulans. :lol: A Vulcan might consider their banning a logical solution.

ProphetofGanja
04-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Yes, temporary, and no, it didn't happen in this thread or for political reasons; it happened because Cubed and Nines go at each other like Klingons and Romulans. Here, there, everywhere.

Ha, yeah, they remind me of my grandparents sometimes, those two. Fun stuff.

While we're not supposed to talk politics, they were temp-banned for shenanigans elsethread. Or rather, maybe elsethread was the straw that broke the mods' resolve.

Hmm, I kind of feel like... we should be able to talk politics? I mean, people already bite each others' heads off for differences of opinion on a comic/cartoon from thirty years ago, how could it get any worse??

Maybe it is too much to ask people here to be civil to each other while discussing politics/religion/other controversial matters but I don't see how it could be much worse than some of these threads about why episode such-and-such is a bunch of drivel or why character [blank] sucks ass

Andrew NDB
04-19-2017, 09:48 PM
Hmm, I kind of feel like... we should be able to talk politics? I mean, people already bite each others' heads off for differences of opinion on a comic/cartoon from thirty years ago, how could it get any worse??

Tend to agree. There's always going to be fiery opinions with politics... removing the discussion or banning the discussers seems odd. Why not just avoid the threads?

ProphetofGanja
04-19-2017, 09:50 PM
Tend to agree. There's always going to be fiery opinions with politics... removing the discussion or banning the discussers seems odd. Why not just avoid the threads?

Exactly. We have forums and sub-forums out the ass, people can stay in whatever little bubble they want. I stayed in the comics forum for like four years before I even found out that people were having discussions about things other than ninja turtles

***First of Two Latin Kings***
04-22-2017, 07:59 AM
Why not just avoid the threads?

People want their opinions heard.

Nobody wants to be respectful, though, everyone thinks their opinions are superior to anyone who doesn't think like they do.

Hence we can't have anything nice here.