PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Episode IX

Andrew NDB
04-07-2017, 02:38 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/late-carrie-fisher-final-star-wars-movie-article-1.3030154

Carrie Fisher WILL be in it. Using "recent footage."

CyberCubed
04-07-2017, 02:43 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/8d/8de96912b43ab1b55099c76a4838b76956afbb7262005769f0 c38087734188ab.jpg

ToTheNines
04-07-2017, 02:48 PM
That's cool. I just hope The Last Jedi doesn't suffer for it.

Kinda laughed my ass off at this part:

“You don't mess with this legacy,” he said. “It would be like rewriting the Bible. To me, Star Wars is the holy grail of storytelling and lore and you can't mess with it.”

CyberCubed
04-07-2017, 02:57 PM
So my guess is they cut a Leia scene out of episode 8 and are just going to move it into episode 9?

Andrew NDB
04-07-2017, 02:58 PM
So my guess is they cut a Leia scene out of episode 8 and are just going to move it into episode 9?

That was what I was thinking they'd do. Or maybe behind the scenes footage where Fisher was talking, and they have found a way to pull it off.

CyberCubed
04-07-2017, 03:06 PM
I can't imagine much more than her getting some standing shot with the rest of the cast at the end of the last movie, similar to the scenes at the end of Episode 4 or Episode 6 where the entire main cast was gathered around celebrating. I guess it does confirm Leia won't be killed off in-universe though.

Andrew NDB
04-07-2017, 03:23 PM
I guess it does confirm Leia won't be killed off in-universe though.

Not necessarily, though my money is on her dying in-between episodes IX and X. They will make some dumb book about it, or something. But they could use just enough of her footage to show her death in IX. I guess 2019 would be far enough removed from Fisher's actual death for it to not be in too bad taste.

i.e., cut to a viewport on a Mon Calamari Cruiser, zoom in on Leia, walking away from the view. Closeup of her with a very sad expression. Insert some tiny bit of dialogue salvaged from a viable cut scene or behind the scenes bit. Then BOOM, a volley of proton torpedoes impact the side of the cruiser, cut to the exterior and we watch the Mon Calamari Cruiser rotating on its axis as it explodes.

DestronMirage22
04-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Love the title of the article. "Final Star Wars Movie". Yeah, suure. :lol::roll:

CyberCubed
04-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Is Billie Lourde's character going to get increased screentime for whatever Leia's original role in Episode 9 was? I assume she would want to honor her mothers legacy. They could give her a role similar to Wedge Antilles in the original films. Nothing too big, but a decent but memorable role.

MikeandRaph87
04-07-2017, 03:40 PM
I typically would be against it as we don't kniw how the late actors would feel about being digitally inserted or playing around with footage for sake of plot. Yet Carrie Fisher was beaming at the result of her character's cameo in Rogue One. That being said I can see her in favor of it. That being said I am as well.

NinjaPug
04-07-2017, 03:40 PM

This is my main concern.

CyberCubed
04-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Something tells me these films are going to have a lot more problems then whatever Leia's scenes turn out to be.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Carrie Fisher WILL be in it. Using "recent footage."

This is probably the worst decision they could have made.

Spike Spiegel
04-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Putting fanservice ahead of story is a bad idea.

sdp
04-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Ironically Carrie Fisher wouldn't have given a damn if they CG'd her or used her in any way in Episode IX, she would've liked having it done.

I'm fine with them doing this and it makes perfect sense, better than killing her off for no reason off screen.

Chris
04-08-2017, 05:08 PM

It shouldn't do. Bob Iger confirmed at the Disney shareholders meeting earlier this year that they weren't altering The Last Jedi because of Carrie Fisher's death. Which is good, it's her final completed role & it's right they leave it as is rather than try & split it over 2 films.

Episode IX however will have been re-written. Even using deleted scenes/footage from TFA & TLJ plus doubles/stand ins, voice actors for additional dialogue, any behind the scenes footage that could be repurposed, IX wasn't written and they couldn't possibly have enough footage to cover whatever her intended role was to be.

We have no way of knowing how big or small her role will be in IX right now, heck we can't even speculate until TLJ has been released. By recent footage they could meaning anything from re-using her final "May the Force be with you" from TFA as a Force Ghost to taking footage of Mark & Carrie at Celebration and CGing them into costume to create a Luke & Leia reunion (hopefully that's not needed and we get a reunion in TLJ).

I'm sure they will come up with something that, whilst not what they had planned, will allow the story to conclude in a satisfying way and, more importantly, honour the memory of someone who is beloved by so many.

sdp
04-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Are we getting a teaser for SW Celebration or anytime soon? I believe Rogue one and Ep. VII both had teasers by now. Maybe they're aware of SW Fatigue could happen if they keep trying to hype these movies yearly with so much time in advance?

TigerClaw
04-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Are we getting a teaser for SW Celebration or anytime soon? I believe Rogue one and Ep. VII both had teasers by now. Maybe they're aware of SW Fatigue could happen if they keep trying to hype these movies yearly with so much time in advance?
I'm sure we'll get a teaser for The Last Jedi at Star Wars Celebration, The movie comes out this year, so that's a given.

Andrew NDB
04-09-2017, 12:49 AM
Putting fanservice ahead of story is a bad idea.

Is it that, though? It seems the opposite. They obviously intended to have Leia in Episode IX. The actress dying between shooting episodes forces them to throw out the whole intended creative playbook. Coming to an agreement on including actual Fisher-as-Leia footage (and not even CGI recreations of Fisher-as-Leia) to have her somewhat, kind of carry out that original creative plan seems like a pretty damn good idea vs. suddenly veering the ship and killing the character off because her actress died, doing who knows what sort of damage to the intended arc of the trilogy.

And I'm pretty sure if Fisher was alive, she wouldn't be like, "No way! Leia dies with me, I don't care what the plan that was laid out for Leia to me in VII-IX when I signed onto these, and even though I was super excited to see CGI younger me at the end of Rogue One!" I don't think she'd want to see another actress in the role, either, if there is some way they can use unused footage of her to round out IX.

CyberCubed
04-09-2017, 02:16 AM
I get the feeling they're keeping her alive just so they can continue using her character in books/comics that will come out years after this movie ends. No way are they going to limit all the comic and novel writers from using Leia with stories set after Episode 9.

Andrew NDB
04-09-2017, 02:18 AM
I get the feeling they're keeping her alive just so they can continue using her character in books/comics that will come out years after this movie ends. No way are they going to limit all the comic and novel writers from using Leia with stories set after Episode 9.

But Leia won't be in X, no matter how things shake out. The movie people don't care about the comic book and novel people. And Fisher's brother and family still could've just said "No." I really don't smell anything devious in any of this.

CyberCubed
04-09-2017, 02:21 AM
Well yeah, but I don't expect an Episode X for another 10-15 years. I mean Daisy Ridley will barely be past 25 by the time Episode 9 finishes, what's the point of starting an Episode X immediately after when they would have to focus on the same characters?

It would be like expecting Episode 7 to come out in the 90's when Luke/Han/Leia were only marginally older than they were at the end of Episode 6.

Andrew NDB
04-09-2017, 02:24 AM
Well yeah, but I don't expect an Episode X for another 10-15 years. I mean Daisy Ridley will barely be past 25 by the time Episode 9 finishes, what's the point of starting an Episode X immediately after when they would have to focus on the same characters?

It would be like expecting Episode 7 to come out in the 90's when Luke/Han/Leia were only marginally older than they were at the end of Episode 6.

There will be a break... but I'm not seeing a break like the ones we've seen between trilogies. Instead of 10 years, it'll be like 5. 6 tops.

NinjaPug
04-09-2017, 12:12 PM

They'll follow the same pattern they used for TFA and Rogue One. Teaser in April, behind the scenes reel in July and a full trailer late summer/early fall.

The Last Jedi panel at Celebration is Friday so expect the teaser online around 12:30 est.

sdp
04-10-2017, 11:38 PM
I was re-watching the teaser (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs)and first trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE)for The Force Awakens and they're still awesome. Seriously, watch them again.

I can't believe they messed things up so badly and remade A New Hope, the trailers basically laid ground for something new. Unless they remake ESB I guess The Last Jedi should give us something new?

CyberCubed
04-11-2017, 12:38 AM
Unless they remake ESB I guess The Last Jedi should give us something new?

If most of it is about Luke and Rey, their past, and giving Kylo Ren some much needed screentime, it should turn out very good. I expect Finn to just be the, "funny black guy comic relief character" and Poe to just be there for shippers, so we can hope for the best.

Andrew NDB
04-11-2017, 01:12 AM
I expect Finn to just be the, "funny black guy comic relief character" and Poe to just be there for shippers, so we can hope for the best.

I think I remember Rian Johnson saying something to the effect of "Oh yes!" in regard to "Will we see an LGBTQ character in Episode 8?" a while back. So maybe it goes beyond that.

CyberCubed
04-11-2017, 02:01 AM
I don't think they'll really do it, not with Finn anyway. Weren't the two Asians in Rogue One supposed to be gay, but they made it so subtle you couldn't tell the difference and they just felt like friends?

NinjaPug
04-14-2017, 04:55 PM
The report about Leia in IX was bogus.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/14/kathleen-kennedy-episode-ix-carrie-fisher-death/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Andrew NDB
04-14-2017, 05:29 PM
The report about Leia in IX was bogus.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/14/kathleen-kennedy-episode-ix-carrie-fisher-death/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Damn it. More FAKE news.

Leia will definitely die off-camera between VIII and IX, if this is true.

CyberCubed
04-14-2017, 06:31 PM
This is why I think Luke will survive this movie trilogy. No way are they going to kill off all 3 original main characters. Originally they probably were intending Leia to be the only one to survive, but now they probably changed that to Luke.

TigerClaw
04-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Disney and Lucasfilm has officially announced the released date for Star Wars Episode 9, the 3rd film in this trilogy will release on May 24 2019, So no longer a Christmas release.
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-and-next-indiana-jones-get-release-dates

Andrew NDB
04-25-2017, 12:28 PM
Disney and Lucasfilm has officially announced the released date for Star Wars Episode 9, the 3rd film in this trilogy will release on May 24 2019, So no longer a Christmas release.
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-and-next-indiana-jones-get-release-dates

Pushed up, then? That's a fairly quick turnaround for a Star Wars film.

sdp
04-25-2017, 09:11 PM
Wow.

So we're getting a new Star Wars film 6 months after Episode 8? and then episode 9 comes out in a year and a half from 8, basically 2 years from today? Way to burn the franchise quickly, not even F&F get sequels so fast.

At this rate I'm guessing they want to have a new Star Wars film every 8 months or maybe two a year. Episode X will likely be released 3 years from today starting a new trilogy.

The excitement of Star Wars really is dead.

NinjaPug
04-26-2017, 07:40 AM
It seems more like they are simply transitioning their annual movie from December to May which is when Disney originally wanted VII and VIII to open.

sdp
04-26-2017, 12:47 PM
December has worked great for them and people have gotten used to and like Star Wars in the Christmas season, it's almost become a tradition at this point with only two movies.

Sure there's the potential of making more money in May but there's also more competition and it was already doing gangbusters in December for them to move it. And if they really wanted Star Wars in May then they should've just delayed Episode VII to May instead of releasing it in December.

I've not been vocal about my dislike of yearly Star Wars but the way they're handling things really seems to be all about profit in the short term and not the long term, Bob Iger is smarter than that which is why it boggles my mind that they want to keep rushing more product out.

NinjaPug
04-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Bob Iger told investors since day one of the acquisition of Lucasfilm that Ep VII would be released in 2015. That's why they didn't delay it a full year to May 2016.

sdp
04-26-2017, 01:41 PM
Telling investors is not a contract, the stock would've fallen a bit during the announcement but it woulnd't really have affected the stock price much when you know they have Star Wars, not to mention the company was already in a new golden age.

Andrew NDB
05-26-2017, 12:42 PM
http://epicstream.com/news/LucasFilm-President-Discusses-How-Episode-IX-Was-Supposed-To-Be-For-Carrie-Fisher

This is pretty sad to read. It was going to be showcasing her at the forefront.

This actually has it all make sense. Han is VII, Luke is VIII, and Leia would have been IX... even though that's all a bit OT fanservicey... damn.

Spike Spiegel
05-26-2017, 12:49 PM
http://epicstream.com/news/LucasFilm-President-Discusses-How-Episode-IX-Was-Supposed-To-Be-For-Carrie-Fisher

This is pretty sad to read. It was going to be showcasing her at the forefront.

This actually has it all make sense. Han is VII, Luke is VIII, and Leia would have been IX... even though that's all a bit OT fanservicey... damn.

https://i.giphy.com/n7Kv7tLf2UzMk.webp

NinjaPug
06-15-2017, 10:01 AM
Treverrow's latest movie (Book of Henry) is getting trashed by critics and early viewers with many saying Star Wars fans should be very worried with him at the helm of IX.

It's probably too late to make a change but I've got my fingers crossed they'll do something if there is enough negative backlash.

Why did they have to pick him for this movie?

Andrew NDB
06-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Treverrow's latest movie (Book of Henry) is getting trashed by critics and advanced viewers with many saying Star Wars fans should be very worried with him at the helm of IX.

It's probably too late to make a change

I think Episode IX is technically about as far along as Boba Fett was when Josh Trank was fired from it.

TigerClaw
06-15-2017, 10:12 AM
Treverrow's latest movie (Book of Henry) is getting trashed by critics and early viewers with many saying Star Wars fans should be very worried with him at the helm of IX.

It's probably too late to make a change but I've got my fingers crossed they'll do something if there is enough negative backlash.

Why did they have to pick him for this movie?
I doubt that a movie that he made outside the studio system would have any affect in Episode 9, besides, Lucasfilm and Disney will make sure that Episode 9 is good, which is why you have those reshoots happening, its usually to fix some problems in the production.

Krutch
06-15-2017, 12:50 PM
I doubt that a movie that he made outside the studio system would have any affect in Episode 9Tell that to Josh Trank :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Tell that to Josh Trank :lol:

Yeah, but Trank was a personal trainwreck about it. How has Trevorrow handled things?

TheSkeletonMan939
06-15-2017, 12:59 PM
I kinda feel like Trevorrow will be working in a box with episode IX - Disney undoubtedly has a very clear idea of how they want the story to go, probably with specifics in mind. If Book of Henry sucks, then that's one highly original tale of his own design that flopped as opposed to Jurassic World (which I thought was pretty good) which made a billion dollars and stayed close to formula. The odds are still in Colin's favor.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 01:10 PM
I kinda feel like Trevorrow will be working in a box with episode IX - Disney undoubtedly has a very clear idea of how they want the story to go, probably with specifics in mind. If Book of Henry sucks, then that's one highly original tale of his own design that flopped as opposed to Jurassic World (which I thought was pretty good) which made a billion dollars and stayed close to formula. The odds are still in Colin's favor.

Oh, I forgot about Jurassic World... excellent counterpoint.

Andrew NDB
06-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Oh, I forgot about Jurassic World...

It's okay. Most of us did, too.

TigerClaw
06-15-2017, 01:26 PM
Also keep in mind that Spielberg was a producer in that, I'm sure he went to great length to make sure that Jurassic World ended up being good, and it actually came out good.

Perhaps its just that Trevorrow didnt do well when he was writing and directing his own stuff, but when he plays on someone else backward, he seems to do well.

I'm sure Lucasfilm has approved everything that's written to make sure it meets there standards.

NinjaPug
06-15-2017, 01:30 PM
It's doubtful they'd remove Trevorrow like they did Trank. People seem to like him as a person unlike Trank. He was able to pull off a successful tentpole movie (financially) within the studio's parameters unlike Trank. He's got Spielberg and Frank Marshall championing him to their friend/wife Kathy Kennedy. He doesn't have Simon Kinberg snitching on him to Lucasfilm like Trank did.

It's just so weird to me that they'd go with him for IX after hiring RJ for XIII.

Vegita-San
06-15-2017, 01:31 PM
I have no hope for modern day star wars no matter who is directing, so long as the femenist is in charge of the company. (note, this is my opinion, i am free to express it ;o) )

I'll probably see episode 8, but i'm in no rush to get around to it. rebels was a bit of a boring dissapointment, episode 7 went in all the wrong directions. I don't like what i'm hearing about 8....and Rogue one was the biggest waste of film to get to the last 10 minutes that ever existed.

to me, the Star wars saga ended with the last EU book.

CyberCubed
06-15-2017, 01:33 PM
I have no hope for modern day star wars no matter who is directing, so long as the femenist is in charge of the company. (note, this is my opinion, i am free to express it ;o) ).

LOL, who cares? I'd rather see a female protagonist than another boring male Jedi who would just be a Luke or Anakin clone in terms of personality. Even Finn isn't that interesting beyond, "funny comic relief black guy" that his character seems to have been pigeonholed into.

Andrew NDB
06-15-2017, 01:54 PM
LOL, who cares? I'd rather see a female protagonist than another boring male Jedi who would just be a Luke or Anakin clone in terms of personality.

Funny, one of the rumors circulating around is that Rey IS an Anakin clone.

sdp
06-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Ironically Kathleen Kennedy, the women you call feminist was attacked by SJWs for being so "unfair" to women (https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiUifunz8DUAhWi3oMKHedHCw0QFggkMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.themarysue.com%2Fkathleen-kennedy-female-directors%2F&usg=AFQjCNHlGlSIGnTKzIvKhJvadGhs8Pw-_g&sig2=chOpzJ0kMoh0ZKKRjjcqKg) :lol: You can't win with them.

Disney Star Wars has a lot of problems but I don't think Social Justice is the problem, I like Rey but not Episode VII and I don't care for Rogue one but not because of the protagonist, it's just not a story I want. And as of now I just don't like the decisions Disney is taking.

There is a bit of Social Justice bullsh-t in a star wars novel that uses "gender neutral" pronouns:
https://i.redd.it/tbi0yi375fty.jpg

But whatever, if I boycott Star Wars it won't be because of that but because they keep milking the OT to death.

Funny, one of the rumors circulating around is that Rey IS an Anakin clone.
Could the sequel trilogy be considered a second clone wars since it's cloning the OT?

Andrew NDB
06-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Could the sequel trilogy be considered a second clone wars since it's cloning the OT?

We'll see how it shakes out. Really, Episode 8 is the last bastion. They no longer can hide behind the nonense "We HAD to make 7 really like ANH because the fans/we had to restore the good will from everyone mad about the prequels!" business this time. 8, it's... they're actually going to make a new SW movie this time out, or they'll be fully revealed as hacks of the worst kind.

That 8 teaser trailer doesn't really instill hope at all, though. Look! A big Walker battle where the "Rebels" are using tiny little ships to fight them, I wonder what other movie we've seen that in. More Millennium Falcon swooping around, fighting regular TIE-Fighters again.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 02:04 PM
We'll see how it shakes out. Really, Episode 8 is the last bastion. They no longer can hide behind the nonense "We HAD to make 7 really like ANH because the fans/we had to restore the good will from everyone mad about the prequels!" business this time. 8, it's... they're actually going to make a new SW movie this time out, or they'll be fully revealed as hacks of the worst kind.

That 8 teaser trailer doesn't really instill hope at all, though. Look! A big Walker battle where the "Rebels" are using tiny little ships to fight them, I wonder what other movie we've seen that in. More Millennium Falcon swooping around, fighting regular TIE-Fighters again.

A lot of relaunched big-name sci-fi franchises are all overtly retreads these days: Star Trek, Star Wars, Terminator, Alien... it doesn't make sense to me that with proven bankable franchises with built-in sizable fanbases, that the filmmakers aren't willing to take more changes and do original exciting new things with the franchise.

Vegita-San
06-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Ironically Kathleen Kennedy, the women you call feminist was attacked by SJWs for being so "unfair" to women (https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiUifunz8DUAhWi3oMKHedHCw0QFggkMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.themarysue.com%2Fkathleen-kennedy-female-directors%2F&usg=AFQjCNHlGlSIGnTKzIvKhJvadGhs8Pw-_g&sig2=chOpzJ0kMoh0ZKKRjjcqKg) :lol: You can't win with them.

But whatever, if I boycott Star Wars it won't be because of that but because they keep milking the OT to death.

the top part. sadly, yep. which is why when you try to cater to them, the franchise will always fail. hopefully someone with brains will realize this and undo the damage done already...

for the bottom, this this and THIS. all they've done is stick in the new hope timeline. even episode 7 is nothing but call backs and retreads. episode 8 seems like it's following the ESB narrative.

sigh. no originality anymore.

say what you will about the prequels. but at least it felt like they expanded the universe.

Xav
06-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Mark Hamill: I 'fundamentally disagree with every choice' for Luke in The Last Jedii (http://www.blastr.com/2017-5-26/mark-hamill-i-fundamentally-disagree-every-choice-luke-last-jedi)

Andrew NDB
06-15-2017, 11:36 PM
It's doubtful they'd remove Trevorrow like they did Trank. People seem to like him as a person unlike Trank. He was able to pull off a successful tentpole movie (financially) within the studio's parameters unlike Trank. He's got Spielberg and Frank Marshall championing him to their friend/wife Kathy Kennedy. He doesn't have Simon Kinberg snitching on him to Lucasfilm like Trank did.

lol... yes, that's like exactly what happened. Exactly. "Simon Kinberg" just sounds like a snitch, too.

QjfuTn6d1ZU

snake
06-15-2017, 11:41 PM
I hope Trevvorow gets Tranked and replaced by Filoni. Or George. Or someone who has business being on a Star Wars movie.

EDIT- Now I'm upset. I can't find my old TFA rant that I posted in the Female Ghostbusters Thread. Must've gotten deleted.

Vegita-San
06-16-2017, 08:46 AM
Mark Hamill: I 'fundamentally disagree with every choice' for Luke in The Last Jedii (http://www.blastr.com/2017-5-26/mark-hamill-i-fundamentally-disagree-every-choice-luke-last-jedi)

ahh, but drones would say that marks comments where taken out of context.

he couldn't possibly be playing the corporate game by saying one thing and meaning the other, could he ? :)

Andrew NDB
06-16-2017, 10:35 AM
ahh, but drones would say that marks comments where taken out of context.

he couldn't possibly be playing the corporate game by saying one thing and meaning the other, could he ? :)

Yeah, I'm almost positive Hamill is doing a work for Johnson in all of this.

OhxJZXEhios

Vegita-San
06-16-2017, 11:28 AM
don't get the work for johnson ref :).

But we can't forget that first and foremost mark is the worlds biggest fan boy. he's not one to tow the corporate line if he can get away with it. he's probably playing both sides

TigerClaw
07-05-2017, 11:24 AM
JURASSIC WORLD Director Colin Trevorrow Speaks On The Downside Of Helming STAR WARS: EPISODE IX
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/jurassic-world-director-colin-trevorrow-speaks-on-the-downside-of-helming-star-wars-episode-ix-a152217

Speaking to Empire, Trevorrow revealed that he won't be able to enjoy Rian Johnson's Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi for the first time as a fan. “Unfortunately, Rian’s [Johnson] film is the first one I won’t be able to watch as an audience member," he explained. "I got that privilege with The Force Awakens. I just got to go see it with a Star Wars fan. I got to sit next to my kid and just giggle as we read the crawl because we were so excited. Rogue One was the same way. I didn’t see it in advance. That time is over now. Star Wars is no longer that experience for me. If there’s anything kind of sad about it, it’s that I don’t get to have that.”

While he's doing his prep work for Episode IX, Trevorrow has to be privy to all the plot twists, spoilers and possible new characters that could be introduced. Seeing it all come together will no doubt be very be exciting for Trevorrow, but it must also lose some of its punch not being able to go in completely spoiler free. That said, he does also state that he, “wouldn’t trade it.”

He's right about that, cause being a Star Wars fan, he gets to see the movies for the 1st time by just being a fan and sitting next to other fans at the theater, now that he's directing, he knows how Episode 9 begins and ends, so its spoiled for him, and he wont be able to see the movie as a fan for the 1st time.

Andrew NDB
07-05-2017, 12:24 PM
JURASSIC WORLD Director Colin Trevorrow Speaks On The Downside Of Helming STAR WARS: EPISODE IX
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/jurassic-world-director-colin-trevorrow-speaks-on-the-downside-of-helming-star-wars-episode-ix-a152217

He's right about that, cause being a Star Wars fan, he gets to see the movies for the 1st time by just being a fan and sitting next to other fans at the theater, now that he's directing, he knows how Episode 9 begins and ends, so its spoiled for him, and he wont be able to see the movie as a fan for the 1st time.

Oh, boo hoo.

ToTheNines
07-05-2017, 12:44 PM
I know one way he can remedy that...

Vegita-San
07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Oh, boo hoo.

he gets to shape the next one and he's whining about that?

must be a millenial. they are never happy. or a college student.

or a message board user ;o)

TheSkeletonMan939
07-05-2017, 01:48 PM

Yeah, I don't get it. A smarter thing to say would be, "I've been an audience member for decades now, and I feel like I know what audiences expect/want from a Star Wars film. Now I can implement that in my creative process." Instead he's like "lol I wish I could be a geeky SW watcher like you all but I can't :("

NinjaPug
07-05-2017, 02:10 PM
He's just trolling with those comments. He knows the majority of fans want him completely removed from IX.

CyberCubed
07-05-2017, 02:34 PM

must be a millenial. they are never happy. or a college student.

or a message board user ;o)

You do realize you're a millennial too, right? WTF?

CyberCubed
07-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Also Colin Trevorrow is 40 years old:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Trevorrow

How the hell is he a "College student" or a "millennial?"

Is Vegita-san just blatantly trolling now?

TigerClaw
08-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Looks like Episode 9 is getting a rewrite.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-ix-gets-a-new-writer-1026003

snake
08-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Episode 9 is honestly the movie I'm looking forward to with a curiosity suited for a traffic accident. It's gonna be awfully great.

CyberCubed
08-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Episode 9 doesn't come out till 2019, you'll be like...almost 18 by then.

snake
08-01-2017, 08:30 PM
Did you know that one year from now you'll be exactly one year older?

Cure
08-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Episode 9 doesn't come out till 2019, you'll be like...almost 18 by then.

Who cares? What is even your point? When did this obsession wash over you? Where is your train of thought going with this statement? Why is this the first thing you think about? How does this matter?

snake
08-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Where is your train of thought going with this question?

I'll be almost legal for a healthy dose of the Cyber-Dick.

Autbot_Benz
09-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Colin Trevorrow and Disney have parted ways with each other

Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon.

http://www.starwars.com/news/a-statement-regarding-star-wars-episode-ix

Andrew NDB
09-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Colin Trevorrow and Disney have parted ways with each other

Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon.

http://www.starwars.com/news/a-statement-regarding-star-wars-episode-ix

https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa16/files/2016/09/Laughter-2-e1418092384877-1w5sf9x.png

snake
09-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Star Wars is SAVED

S A V E D
A
V
E
D

sdp
09-05-2017, 04:05 PM
He had trouble with an unfinished Death Star IV taking place as the finale after the opening of ice planet nothoth.

I know people were not happy with Trevorrow but this clearly speaks more with the problems in Lucasfilm with Rogue One, Han Solo and now this, it wouldn't surprise me if it gets DC levels of hilarity in a few years.

Vegita-San
09-05-2017, 04:46 PM
another one?

anyone still wanna claim kathleen kennedy knows what the frig she is doing?

Andrew NDB
09-05-2017, 04:49 PM
This line is particularly concerning:

"but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ."

"Our" visions? Whose visions? Trevorrow's and... whose? Kennedy's? Disney's? The former isn't a creator or writer and the latter is a company that wants to make money. Some oversight on their hired gun directors doing their Star Wars movies makes sense, but why would Kennedy or Disney ever have some kind of "vision" for a particular movie?

snake
09-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Why would a company have a vision for one of their most highly anticipated and profitable films? I have no idea.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Everyone loves writing Star Wars fan-fiction, the more inventive the better. I wouldn't be surprised if Trevorrow wanted to do something that was "out there", i.e., putting characters in situations unfamiliar to the audience, and Disney just wanted it closer to the OT.

Andrew NDB
09-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Why would a company have a vision for one of their most highly anticipated and profitable films? I have no idea.

A general vision ("we want to make an amusement park by X date, X number of movies a year, a cartoon in place by X date, a new toy line every X") but surely not a creative one. If Disney has, like, some creative think tank oversight committee for Star Wars, they haven't ever told us about it. There's just Kathleen Kennedy, a glorified producer.

Vegita-San
09-05-2017, 05:26 PM
A general vision ("we want to make an amusement park by X date, X number of movies a year, a cartoon in place by X date, a new toy line every X") but surely not a creative one. If Disney has, like, some creative think tank oversight committee for Star Wars, they haven't ever told us about it. There's just Kathleen Kennedy, a glorified producer.

supposedly there is the all mighty 'story group' that's supposed to be making super continuity tight stories now. but that's about it..

It basically seems like kennedy is calling all the shots as far as we know and so far those shots are not well guided.

NinjaPug
09-05-2017, 05:42 PM

It seems pretty obvious the producers involved weren't happy with the script(s) Trevorrow has turned in and they don't want to film his vision of IX.

TigerClaw
09-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Given the drama that's been going on over the Han Solo movie, and now Episode 9, its really no surprise, obviously Lucasfilm saw something that didn't match there vision of what the movie is supposed to be, Episode 9 was originally gonna feature Leia, and then the script had to be rewritten to not include the character, seems like whatever Colin Trevorrow wrote, it was going outside of Lucasfilm's comfort zone with Star Wars, perhaps it was going outside of the formula.

Now that he's out, who could possibly direct Episode 9?

ProactiveMan
09-05-2017, 07:31 PM
He probably wanted to make a movie and not a two hour cross merchandising promo. When do we get a standalone film about that bug-eyed woodchuck looking thing from Ep 8?

ToTheNines
09-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Star Wars is SAVED

S A V E D
A
V
E
D

Yyyyeeeesssss.

This makes me so happy. Rian Johnson is the current favorite to replace him.

NinjaPug
09-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Rian Johnson makes the most sense. Things seemingly went smoothly on VIII outside of some rewrites they did prior to starting principal photography. Rumor has it the film is already completed (although I'm sure they'll be tweaking visual effects until December) so he could step into IX pre-production now and meet their Jan 2018 start date.

I just hope they don't go back to JJ. His name is being floated too.

Vegita-San
09-06-2017, 10:14 AM
i've been reading around opinions on this mess...

first R1, then Solo, now Ep 9? they all seem to be the same problem done at different areas of production.

It's pretty goofy the lengths people will go to to defend their favorite franchise when the evidence is right there in front of them.

I don't think there's been this many director replacements and so late in the game on some, if any movie franchise ever, has there? of course, star wars might be unique in that regard, but something to me seems like star wars and it's future is in trouble.

Vegita-San
09-08-2017, 02:13 PM
so basically kennedy rules it with an iron fist and disagree with her in any way and boom you're gone.

sounds like a real creative workplace.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/star-wars-episode-8-colin-trevorrow-firing-explanation.html

Andrew NDB
09-08-2017, 02:39 PM
My pick for director of IX: George Lucas. Writing the story, not the script. With no yes men.

Dead serious.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-08-2017, 02:50 PM
I don't think Lucas would ever do it even if they begged. But as you said, he's a good storyteller but never give him a script to write. Imagine if every Star Wars movie was like ESB.

Andrew NDB
09-08-2017, 02:51 PM
I don't think Lucas would ever do it even if they begged.

He wouldn't say yes and they wouldn't ask.

But they should and he should.

Andrew NDB
09-08-2017, 04:16 PM
http://www.darkhorizons.com/star-wars-insiders-talk-trevorrow-split/

“There’s one gatekeeper when it comes to Star Wars and it’s Kathleen Kennedy. If you rub Kathleen Kennedy the wrong way – in any way – you’re out. You’re done. A lot of these young, new directors want to come in and say, ‘I want to do this. I want to do that.’ A lot of these guys – Lord and Miller, Colin Trevorrow – got very rich, very fast and believed a lot of their own hype. And they don’t want to play by the rules. They want to do s*** differently. And Kathleen Kennedy isn’t going to f*** around with that.”

“During the making of ‘Jurassic World,’ he focused a great deal of his creative energies on asserting his opinion. But because he had been personally hired by Spielberg, nobody could say, ‘You’re fired.’ Once that film went through the roof and he chose to do ‘Henry,’ [Trevorrow] was unbearable. He had an egotistical point of view – and he was always asserting that… He’s a difficult guy. He’s really, really, really confident. Let’s call it that.”

TigerClaw
09-08-2017, 07:34 PM
http://www.darkhorizons.com/star-wars-insiders-talk-trevorrow-split/

“There’s one gatekeeper when it comes to Star Wars and it’s Kathleen Kennedy. If you rub Kathleen Kennedy the wrong way – in any way – you’re out. You’re done. A lot of these young, new directors want to come in and say, ‘I want to do this. I want to do that.’ A lot of these guys – Lord and Miller, Colin Trevorrow – got very rich, very fast and believed a lot of their own hype. And they don’t want to play by the rules. They want to do s*** differently. And Kathleen Kennedy isn’t going to f*** around with that.”

“During the making of ‘Jurassic World,’ he focused a great deal of his creative energies on asserting his opinion. But because he had been personally hired by Spielberg, nobody could say, ‘You’re fired.’ Once that film went through the roof and he chose to do ‘Henry,’ [Trevorrow] was unbearable. He had an egotistical point of view – and he was always asserting that… He’s a difficult guy. He’s really, really, really confident. Let’s call it that.”
So basically these new young directors wanted to do something different to Star Wars, by making something that didn't felt like Star Wars.

Mayhem
09-09-2017, 06:03 AM
Not strictly true, they wanted to do something to Star Wars that Kennedy didn't think should happen.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-09-2017, 06:22 AM
So basically these new young directors wanted to do something different to Star Wars, by making something that didn't felt like Star Wars.

That's only half the story. By that logic Kathleen Kennedy is the Star Wars uber-guru. She's not, she's a producer who wants to prolong Star Wars's profitability as much as possible and keep giving the clapping seals the same ****** meal to eat year after year after year. That's why I have some small level of respect for the prequels whereas I have none for Disney's SW - at least George Lucas used his success with the OT to try to do something in his own way (albeit with lots of merchandising opportunities).

TigerClaw
09-09-2017, 11:29 AM
I don't think we will ever see Joss Whedon do a Star Wars movie, since he wants as much creative control as possible, I doubt Lucasfilm would allow him to do what he wants.

ZariusTwo
09-11-2017, 01:43 PM
Rian has ruled himself out of directing Episode IX, but JJ Abrams is being considered

https://www.newsarama.com/36335-rian-johnson-will-not-direct-star-wars-episode-ix-but-j-j-abrams-might.html

ZariusTwo
09-12-2017, 09:30 AM
And it's official, Abrams is back. In addition to directing, he's also co-writing the script with Chirs Terio

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/j-j-abrams-star-wars-episode-ix-director-colin-trevorrow-1202548094/

Chris ''Batman v Superman'' Terio.

NinjaPug
09-12-2017, 09:47 AM
JJ and Terrio? That's a one-two punch to the face. I guess they're better than Trevorrow but this is very disappointing to me.

Sounds like this is getting a page one rewrite. No way this isn't delayed until at least December 2019.

Andrew NDB
09-12-2017, 09:48 AM
And it's official, Abrams is back. In addition to directing, he's also co-writing the script with Chirs Terio

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/j-j-abrams-star-wars-episode-ix-director-colin-trevorrow-1202548094/

Chris ''Batman v Superman'' Terio.

https://i.imgflip.com/mzq6m.jpg?a418056

Well... at least he gets his chance to redeem himself after TFA. Not sure if he deserves it, though, frankly.

sdp
09-12-2017, 12:07 PM
hahahahaha
ROTJ 2
it's cemented what Disney's Lucasfilm wants for the franchise.
i'm sad

Andrew NDB
09-12-2017, 12:20 PM
I guess Abrams lied.
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1536150/why-jj-abrams-is-done-directing-sequels

Spike Spiegel
09-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Well, anything interesting that gets added in VIII is sure to be rendered useless now, and we'll get an inverted remake of Return of the Jedi.

Star Wars has always had such interesting lore with the old EU and now I'm afraid it's going to be just another long running, boring, predictable action franchise...

TheSkeletonMan939
09-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Well, anything interesting that gets added in VIII is sure to be rendered useless now, and we'll get an inverted remake of Return of the Jedi.

So is Kylo Ren's scar going to go back to its original position in Episode IX? :lol:

snake
09-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Star Wars is RUINED

R
U
I
N
E
D

NinjaPug
09-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Release date just got moved to 12/20/2019

ZariusTwo
09-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Release date just got moved to 12/20/2019

Back to December like the rest of them...what a fudging merry go-round:roll:

Vegita-San
09-12-2017, 03:28 PM
https://twitter.com/joshrthompson/status/907713352545198080

ranger_scout
09-12-2017, 05:20 PM
I'm glad that Abrams is returning because he helped the franchise return to its former glory with The Force Awakens. I believe that he's going to have this trilogy end with a bang.

Vegita-San
09-12-2017, 05:32 PM
lol.. throw in a few tie fighters, and real props...and suddenly movie saved... :)

If this new movie turns out to be ESB 2.0, I wonder how many will start to defend the series afterwards, or start going like that nervous guy on the simpsons who witnessed the only bridge in town being taken out by comet debris..

Autbot_Benz
09-12-2017, 05:35 PM
lol.. throw in a few tie fighters, and real props...and suddenly movie saved... :)

If this new movie turns out to be ESB 2.0, I wonder how many will start to defend the series afterwards, or start going like that nervous guy on the simpsons who witnessed the only bridge in town being taken out by comet debris..

you mean Return Of The Jedi 2.0. The Last Jedi would be ESB 2.0

ToTheNines
09-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Star Wars is SAVED

S A V E D
A
V
E
D

Star Wars is RUINED

R
U
I
N
E
D

Just wanted to put these together.

ZariusTwo
09-13-2017, 03:21 AM
I'm glad that Abrams is returning because he helped the franchise return to its former glory with The Force Awakens. I believe that he's going to have this trilogy end with a bang.

Force Awakens does'nt hold up mate.

Sumac
09-13-2017, 04:21 AM
Force Awakens does'nt hold up mate.
In your opinion. :twink:

sdp
09-13-2017, 07:55 AM
After TFA it was a tiny minority that was criticizing the movie, I got flamed online for suggesting that it wasn't the greatest thing ever. Now the movie is a lot more divided, it wouldn't surprise me if it was mostly negative given a few more years. Return of the Sith was like that, highly praised as the first "real" SW prequel then a few years later "nah it sucks like the rest".

Has the Han Solo movie not been delayed? They really ought to but I guess we will have a mediocre Han Solo movie just 5 months after TLJ.

Vegita-San
09-13-2017, 08:17 AM
While I may not like the plot of TFA's..

at least rey and finn where fun to watch on screen. and it mostly got the feel right.

R1 for me had none of that.

And where I was willing to accept Ep 1 over time as part of the SW saga, without GL behind ep 7, it won't be as lucky with the same treatment.

it's just an elseworlds story to me.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-13-2017, 09:08 AM
at least rey and finn where fun to watch on screen. and it mostly got the feel right.

R1 for me had none of that.

I don't think it was supposed to. How often in the OT did we actually see the ordinary Rebels in action? They were usually just getting blown up while the camera was focused on Luke, Leia, Han, whoever. Rogue One was about investigating who the common Rebel was, and how sometimes they weren't perfect people at all (the first time we meet the male protagonist he's literally shooting someone who trusts him in the back).

NinjaPug
09-13-2017, 09:10 AM
There are some ok set pieces in TFA but I find myself bored during everything else that happens. I love the new characters though. I think JJ did a great job with that.

I've seen some folks pushing the narrative that JJ only followed the mandate from Disney/Lucasfilm to make TFA resemble the OT as much as possible to get the older fans back on board and that this won't be an issue for IX. I don't know that I buy that excuse although the Art of TFA book backs that claim up. JJ is at least very aware of these criticisms so hopefully he'll make the necessary course corrections for IX.

Andrew NDB
09-13-2017, 09:54 AM
I've seen some folks pushing the narrative that JJ only followed the mandate from Disney/Lucasfilm to make TFA resemble the OT as much as possible to get the older fans back on board

Nonsense. The whole "Star Wars was a damaged thing, with a fractured and diminished fandom after the prequel trilogy, that's why SW needed to return to its ANH roots as a remake" is a FAKE thing, a false narrative manufactured by TPTB only after TFA started getting a ton of flak for being an outright remake.

Episode 3, which was the latest Star Wars movie before TFA, made 900 million dollars and "The Clone Wars" was a very well acclaimed TV show... Star Wars was absolutely fine. The fandom was absolutely fine. People will see "Star Wars," period. You throw out a trailer with Han and Leia and all of that in a new SW movie after 30 years, god, it becomes an EVENT. The exact number of reasons to make TFA a remake: Zero. Absolute zero.

snake
09-14-2017, 09:04 PM
It really doesn't hold up. I've watched it 5 times total and each time it just got worse and worse. I'm probably not watching it a 6th time unless it's in a marathon. Mind you, I've seen the OT over 100 times each, the PT at least 30, and Rogue One 8 times.

Spike Spiegel
09-15-2017, 09:47 AM
It really doesn't hold up. I've watched it 5 times total and each time it just got worse and worse.... Mind you, I've seen the OT over 100 times each, the PT at least 30, and Rogue One 8 times.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Astonished-Heavy-Breaking-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif

Jaysus, how did you have the time for that? Ah, to be a teenager again...

I agree that TFA didn't hold up; I managed to watch it 1.5 times, stopping the second viewing after Han and Chewie showed up.

Andrew NDB
09-15-2017, 09:59 AM
I agree that TFA didn't hold up; I managed to watch it 1.5 times, stopping the second viewing after Han and Chewie showed up.

Such a bittersweet moment. It was so awesome to see them on screen again in-character as soon as they walk on screen... but at the same time so angering and impossibly backwards that they're just stupid smugglers again, 35 years later.

I really hate JJ and TPTB for f***ing up moments like that.

Vegita-San
09-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Such a bittersweet moment. It was so awesome to see them on screen again in-character as soon as they walk on screen... but at the same time so angering and impossibly backwards that they're just stupid smugglers again, 35 years later.

I really hate JJ and TPTB for f***ing up moments like that.

agreed. they should be ruling the galaxy from the Imperial Palace with Lea as a jedi and luke as head of a couple hundred by then.

THAT is what fans wanted to see after the happy ending of ROTJ. Instead, we went backwards. for 'drama' or something...sigh.

not how i pictured the plot line going forward. say what you will about the bad parts of the EU, but where the characters ended up for the most part felt right.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-15-2017, 12:00 PM
I also felt that something was really off about those two just being smugglers again. I guess you could imagine that Han retreated into his old life after his son turned evil and Luke disappeared, in an effort to just forget it all. But no matter how good the in-story explanation might be, I'll never be able to appreciate it because it's all just a setup for that ridiculous, almost unspeakably bad "Rathtar" sequence.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2017, 12:52 PM
I also felt that something was really off about those two just being smugglers again. I guess you could imagine that Han retreated into his old life after his son turned evil and Luke disappeared, in an effort to just forget it all. But no matter how good the in-story explanation might be, I'll never be able to appreciate it because it's all just a setup for that ridiculous, almost unspeakably bad "Rathtar" sequence.

That would actually make sense. When people try to move beyond their past but it all goes wrong, retreating into the known and "comfortable" is an easy, believable move.

But JJ Abrams is still a hack. First Star Trek, now Star Wars. There is no end to his rehash remix reboot rehack lens-flare madness.

MikeandRaph87
09-17-2017, 03:10 PM
I just read about Colin Trevorrow being fired from Episode 9. Did he want more than limited control and Kathleen Kennedy say, "no" with a pink slip?

Abrams will oversee Episode 9 for the sole reason to annoy CyclonsKlingonsDaleksohmy!

http://www.starwars.com/news/j-j-abrams-to-write-and-direct-star-wars-episode-ix

snake
09-17-2017, 03:24 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Astonished-Heavy-Breaking-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif

Jaysus, how did you have the time for that? Ah, to be a teenager again...

Well, my first movie that I can remember was Return of the Jedi at 3 and I've been watching them ever since. Rancor scared me bad.

CyberCubed
09-17-2017, 03:26 PM
I've only watched Episode 7 once when it came out and liked it, but never rewatched it because I'm worried my opinion will change for the worse.

It seems everyone thought Episode 7 was great when they watched it the first time, but then after that everyones opinion change

sdp
09-17-2017, 03:39 PM
I thought I really liked it after first watching it at the midnight premier but as the next day progressed I realized it wasn't so good. I did re-watch it again in January and I can't say I disliked it more but I didn't feel as happy as I did when I had just finished that midnight showing, it was just the same "after" feelings. The movie does do some really cool things, there are just too many bad decisions/back to status-quo that make it hard to want to re-watch.

I haven't felt like watching the movie again ever since nor do I look forward to watching it again, though I guess I will watch it before Episode VIII just to have it fresh in my mind. Crazy that we already have VIII in just 3 months, I don't feel hyped at all and don't feel like watching every Star Wars movie leading up to it like I had done for Ep.I,II,III & VII.

I hope I'm wrong and everything is awesome with VIII and after but based on the stuff going on behind the scenes it doesn't seem like it. As long as they have blind fanboys who give them box office records Disney will continue.

Today someone argued why Captain Phasma was awesome in Force Awakens because the book and comic totally make sense of why she didn't do crap and was defeated in 3 mins without much effort, clearly she's too intelligent and you need to read the book and comic to know why those decisions that might seem stupid are actually brilliant and make her a better character overall.

CyberCubed
09-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Does Rey have a love interest planned? I wonder if they'll make her a lesbian, and she'd be the first Disney lesbian character in a big movie.

sdp
09-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Disney is not going to have a Lesbian as their lead character to one of their biggest franchises, the best people can hope for is that she doesn't have a partner a la Luke and let people speculate their dreams away even if in canon she just isn't interested.

I think they'll go through with the Finn/Rey romance, Star Wars is a very basic good vs evil story so having Finn who likes her end up with her is a classic Disney ending. That'll still cause controversy for race mixing but mostly with alt-right type of people so it won't matter. They wouldn't have set up Finn the way they did in TFA to have Rey end up with someone else, Disney will play it by the book, this isn't Lucas' Lucasfilm where Leia ended up with Han instead of Luke to make things more interesting.

MikeandRaph87
09-17-2017, 03:52 PM
Does Rey have a love interest planned? I wonder if they'll make her a lesbian, and she'd be the first Disney lesbian character in a big movie.

:trolleye: Cubed, it is not necessary for every character to have a love interest. That comment is just as ridiculous as Poe and Finn's bromance being considered gay. If we have a romance between anyone it will likely be straight. If there is a gay romance so be it I just do not see it happening in a Star Wars film. Other media, who knows?

Let's move on...so thoughts on Snoke's background or his released non-holographic appearance?

snake
09-17-2017, 04:09 PM
I'm one letter change away from being snoke.

CyberCubed
09-17-2017, 04:32 PM
:trolleye: Cubed, it is not necessary for every character to have a love interest. That comment is just as ridiculous as Poe and Finn's bromance being considered gay. If we have a romance between anyone it will likely be straight.

"If there is a romance between anyone it will likely be straight."

Why do you say that? We're in the year 2017 not 1977.

A lot has changed in the last 40+ years since Star Wars came out.

ToTheNines
09-17-2017, 04:36 PM
I'm one letter change away from being snoke.

Snoke the cuck.

AT-Man
09-17-2017, 04:37 PM
I hope Rey is asexual.

CyberCubed
09-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Daisy Ridley is an icon for the young females watching the movie, and part of the feminist beacon movement of the 2010's. She'll either have no love interest at all like Luke in the original trilogy, or she'll have a female love interest at some point.

We're in an era of change. Some of you need to get out of your old ways of thinking. This isn't 1995 anymore. Nowadays social media like twitter, tumblr, feminists, and youtube exists. Disney will never live it down if they screw this up.

Autbot_Benz
09-17-2017, 04:43 PM
Its all up to what Supreme Leader Kennedy wants in the movies. She decides what goes on and if she doesn't like it she will put a stop to it :lol:

snake
09-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Snoke the cuck.

I'd add that tag but I've been cucked over my cuck-tag adding tendencies.

ZariusTwo
10-22-2017, 05:17 AM
Abrams says every trilogy will be tied together in this one

https://www.inverse.com/article/37534-star-wars-episode-ix-9-last-jedi-jj-abrams-story-spoilers-prequels

Shark_Blade
10-22-2017, 05:15 PM
Good, I look forward to Snoke being Jar Jar Binks all this time.

8yy3q9f84EA

Krutch
10-22-2017, 05:26 PM
I've always loved that theory. They'll never follow through with it, but if they did, I'd love to see how it's handled.

sdp
10-22-2017, 05:37 PM
In recent years fan theories went from fun to cheap just for shock value but the Darth Jar Jar one really felt like the original random internet fan theories that wasn't done for cheap youtube hits. Love it, would never happen.

And yeah, if you're going to remake ROTJ of course it'll tie in with the OT and Prequel Trilogy, problem is you remade the OT while doing it. I say that because the only way that makes any sense is if episode IX ends with bringing "Balance to the force" which is the only theme that can be carried out through all the movies without shoehorning too much. But ROTJ was already supposed to do that even if not perfectly.