Day 4

FfRx3l2uHJM

Allio
04-13-2017, 10:03 AM
So we should be getting episode 8 teaser this weekend

Andrew NDB
04-13-2017, 10:27 AM
So we should be getting episode 8 teaser this weekend

We definitely will. Finally. Kind of weird that we're getting Episode 8's teaser 5 months later than we got 7's, originally.

TigerClaw
04-13-2017, 10:47 AM
John Williams performing right now.

sdp
04-13-2017, 10:48 AM
Today a SW fanboy basically called me an idiot on twitter because I called his BS out , he literally said "George Lucas had Disney in the contract that they could never release the unaltered OT as long as he lived because he doesn't want to pay royalties to his ex-wife" :lol:

We definitely will. Finally. Kind of weird that we're getting Episode 8's teaser 5 months later than we got 7's, originally.

I think Disney knows they might be over-saturating the market with Star Wars if they keep releasing a teaser to the new movie as soon as the last movie came out.

TigerClaw
04-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Updated the youtube link with the actual Day 1 stream this time.

NinjaPug
04-13-2017, 11:04 AM

Because releasing TFA trailer 13 months before the movie was out was an anomaly. JJ said that Iger wanted them to release it at that time in order to start building buzz that SW was coming back after a hiatus. No need to do that now.

TigerClaw
04-13-2017, 11:07 AM
Because releasing TFA trailer 13 months before the movie was out was an anomaly. JJ said that Iger wanted them to release it at that time in order to start building buzz that SW was coming back after a hiatus. No need to do that now.
Plus The Last Jedi ended principle photography several months ago, so they have plenty of time for post production.

NinjaPug
04-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Plus The Last Jedi ended principle photography several months ago, so they have plenty of time for post production.

Ok. Has nothing to do with the discussion but ok.

TigerClaw
04-13-2017, 01:10 PM
A Tribute To Carrie Fisher

sE99le5FBrY

Autbot_Benz
04-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Captain Rex confirmed in Return of the Jedi

hh43FdKORtI

TigerClaw
04-13-2017, 04:21 PM
Tomorrow is The Last Jedi panel, so here's hoping for a teaser trailer.

sdp
04-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Captain Rex confirmed in Return of the Jedi

hh43FdKORtI
I don't know how I feel about this, on one side it's an awesome retcon but on the other he already had a name.

Tomorrow is The Last Jedi panel, so here's hoping for a teaser trailer.

It's guaranteed it's coming out tomorrow, no need to hope.

Mayhem
04-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Yeah, it's an interesting retcon for sure. Cool to know that they are now confirming at least one clone makes it alive to the end of the original trilogy.

TigerClaw
04-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Day 2 of Star Wars Celebration to start any moment, I posted the link in the 1st post.

ToTheNines
04-15-2017, 06:40 AM
IDW is publishing (not Marvel?) an all-ages ongoing anthology series called Star Wars Adventures later this year: http://www.cbr.com/idw-lucasfilm-star-wars-adventures-all-ages/

No word on creative team but Tom Waltz (TMNT) was heavily pimping this on Twitter last night, and this cover by Chris Samnee (Daredevil, Black Widow) popped up:

http://cbr3.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/qmj8mhbmlilkm4mntmhg.png

Also, Marvel is publishing a 4-part Captain Phasma mini starting in September and leading into The Last Jedi.

TigerClaw
04-15-2017, 09:17 AM
I posted a link to the live stream for Day 3, and right now they are doing the Star Wars Rebels panel.

TigerClaw
04-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Season 4 will be the final season of Star Wars: Rebels.

Season 4 Trailer

-b7GAhnVwhA

Andrew NDB
04-16-2017, 10:03 PM
Let me see if I got this straight. I've been a bit sick and not following things much.

* Crappy "Last Jedi" teaser trailer.
* Announcement of a cartoon nobody asked for.
* Announcement of some young adult comic at IDW nobody asked for.
* Awful news about Billy Dee not being in Last Jedi.

That was all that came out of the celebration? Really?

TigerClaw
04-16-2017, 10:18 PM
Just added Day 4 of the stream, so you can watch up on the archive.

CyberCubed
04-16-2017, 10:22 PM
Is that all-ages IDW comic intended to be canon? Or are they already doing "spinoff" or "What-if" stories?

Allio
04-16-2017, 10:39 PM
seems weird, considering Marvel is doing the Star Wars comics.

Perhaps this might mean some IDW/Marvel crossovers. TMNT/Daredevil perhaps?

Andrew NDB
04-16-2017, 10:43 PM
Perhaps this might mean some IDW/Marvel crossovers. TMNT/Daredevil perhaps?

Depends how much IDW wants to rock the boat with their now-great relations with DC.

As discussed elsewhere, though, a Daredevil/TMNT crossover with TMNT other than the Mirage TMNT would be a pretty sad thing. There's a genuine connection in the Mirage stuff... there's not anywhere else. Though technically IDW could use the Mirage TMNT... and they could even have Kevin write and draw it. That'd be pretty neat. Though I suspect that even if Eastman was involved, they'd force the IDW TMNT on it.

NinjaPug
04-17-2017, 07:47 AM
People always set themselves up for disappointment when they expect big announcements at Celebration.

ToTheNines
04-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Is that all-ages IDW comic intended to be canon? Or are they already doing "spinoff" or "What-if" stories?

They're canon. They will feature backup shorts "hosted" by Maz Kanata that will be tall tales of the Star Wars universe though.

Depends how much IDW wants to rock the boat with their now-great relations with DC.

Good point.

As discussed elsewhere, though, a Daredevil/TMNT crossover with TMNT other than the Mirage TMNT would be a pretty sad thing. There's a genuine connection in the Mirage stuff... there's not anywhere else. Though technically IDW could use the Mirage TMNT... and they could even have Kevin write and draw it. That'd be pretty neat. Though I suspect that even if Eastman was involved, they'd force the IDW TMNT on it.

I know the Batman crossover wasn't canon, but still. Between Bats, Ghostbusters and Usagi... how many times can the IDW turtles dimensions hop in their relatively short run?

Mirage first!

Allio
04-17-2017, 09:27 AM
Still waiting on that IDW/mirage team up