PDA

View Full Version : Any GoPro Users Here?

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
04-16-2017, 09:18 PM
I recently just got a new GoPro Hero Session camera and it's really cool. I was just curious if anyone here had one and had any tips about how to really get proficient with the GoPro Studio editing software? It's just really overwhelming to me because I'm not a very "tech savvy" guy. I see some people on youtube making GoPro vids that are phenomenal looking but I definitely can't make mine look that good. Was just curious if there are any users here that might be able to give me some pointers on things that helped them. I also have a remote with it too and a couple of different mounts.

sdp
04-16-2017, 10:01 PM
I use videopad video editor and Davinci Resolve for video editing, both are free, the first one is user friendly and easy to use, Resolve is more professional but I don't know how to use it very well yet. just use one of those instead. Editing is a skill that you get better at, your first videos won't look great but you'll learn to get better. You can't compare your basic videos to people who've done it for a while but you slowly start learning, I know I am. I've slowly learned what to do and not to do when filming and whatnot.

I had a gopro bu I sold it, I never used the studio editing software, right now I'm filming stuff on 360 cameras so I need different software to stitch it together and it's a mess.

Andrew NDB
04-16-2017, 10:54 PM
I recently just got a new GoPro Hero Session camera and it's really cool. I was just curious if anyone here had one and had any tips about how to really get proficient with the GoPro Studio editing software?

I don't see why you wouldn't just pull the GoPro footage directly into something like Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
04-17-2017, 12:01 AM
I don't see why you wouldn't just pull the GoPro footage directly into something like Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas.

You might as well have written that in Greek. LOL! Are those software programs that you can get for free? What I do is just plug a usb from the GoPro in to my laptop and it uploads the videos in to my computer and then lets me edit them from the GoPro Studio thing. I really don't know anything about all the programs and stuff like that. The thing is I'm a really big Disney fan and go to Disneyworld 3 times a year and was thinking I could make some good educational Disneyworld videos to help to educate and entertain people that are planning to go there and put them on youtube but I just don't know if I have enough tech savvy to edit them or not. I'm also curious about how to add music to the videos as well. In the Studio program it has a thing that lets you "drag" the audio in there but I don't know where the audio actually is. I assume that GoPro maybe has some sort of "canned" music or something but I don't know how or where to find it on there.

Andrew NDB
04-17-2017, 12:03 AM
You might as well have written that in Greek. LOL! Are those software programs that you can get for free?

Like $12 a month. Or free... if you know where to get them.

What I do is just plug a usb from the GoPro in to my laptop and it uploads the videos in to my computer and then lets me edit them from the GoPro Studio thing. I really don't know anything about all the programs and stuff like that. The thing is I'm a really big Disney fan and go to Disneyworld 3 times a year and was thinking I could make some good educational Disneyworld videos to help to educate and entertain people that are planning to go there and put them on youtube but I just don't know if I have enough tech savvy to edit them or not. I'm also curious about how to add music to the videos as well. In the Studio program it has a thing that lets you "drag" the audio in there but I don't know where the audio actually is. I assume that GoPro maybe has some sort of "canned" music or something but I don't know how or where to find it on there.

I actually own a 4K Ultra HD AKASO. It's like a GoPro. I haven't used it yet. I have used a GoPro Hero 3. Did some underwater stuff with actors screaming under water. Picked up the audio. A card reader or USB plug-in from the GoPro to your computer, it'll be in a directory within the SD card. May have to poke around a bit. But the audio should be hardlinked to the video, within the video files. It shouldn't be separate.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
04-17-2017, 12:04 AM
I use videopad video editor and Davinci Resolve for video editing, both are free, the first one is user friendly and easy to use, Resolve is more professional but I don't know how to use it very well yet. just use one of those instead. Editing is a skill that you get better at, your first videos won't look great but you'll learn to get better. You can't compare your basic videos to people who've done it for a while but you slowly start learning, I know I am. I've slowly learned what to do and not to do when filming and whatnot.

I had a gopro bu I sold it, I never used the studio editing software, right now I'm filming stuff on 360 cameras so I need different software to stitch it together and it's a mess.

I was reading about DaVinci the other day. A lot of people were saying it's really good. Can you just go online and download it for free or is it a paid thing? Also did you find the GoPro Studio to be limiting or complicated or would you say it is even more user friendly for beginners than the Videopad? The thing is that there are a lot of tutorials on youtube but they all just seem really complicated and hard to follow and I generally learn better by being able to ask direct questions to people with actual knowledge of the subject.

sdp
04-17-2017, 02:25 PM
I was reading about DaVinci the other day. A lot of people were saying it's really good. Can you just go online and download it for free or is it a paid thing? Also did you find the GoPro Studio to be limiting or complicated or would you say it is even more user friendly for beginners than the Videopad? The thing is that there are a lot of tutorials on youtube but they all just seem really complicated and hard to follow and I generally learn better by being able to ask direct questions to people with actual knowledge of the subject.

Davinci Decode is free, it's really odd since it's basically a professional product. There are plenty of youtube tutorials for Videopad and davinci so that's what I use to learn, it works for me. One problem I forgot about Davinci Decode is that it is a pretty beefy program so you need a really good PC, I believe the minimum specs require 8 gigs of ram but really you need more than that.

I never used GoPro studio since I wasn't familiar with it, it's just another editing software and I'm already mediocre on various ones to add another to the list :lol: Usually free included software on cameras and the like aren't the best though. This is why me and andrew recommended you just take the video out of the camera and edit it with a different program that you may find easier to use or has more options.

You can ask me questions but I'm not sure if I'll be able to answer them perfectly, I've edited videos for 8 years very casually on Windows Movie Maker and iMovie but only more serious about it again now but I'm still learning. I usually do find one youtube video that explains things how I want but yeah it can be tough finding one.

I say just play around, you'll get better over time, it's happening with me.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
04-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Davinci Decode is free, it's really odd since it's basically a professional product. There are plenty of youtube tutorials for Videopad and davinci so that's what I use to learn, it works for me. One problem I forgot about Davinci Decode is that it is a pretty beefy program so you need a really good PC, I believe the minimum specs require 8 gigs of ram but really you need more than that.

I never used GoPro studio since I wasn't familiar with it, it's just another editing software and I'm already mediocre on various ones to add another to the list :lol: Usually free included software on cameras and the like aren't the best though. This is why me and andrew recommended you just take the video out of the camera and edit it with a different program that you may find easier to use or has more options.

You can ask me questions but I'm not sure if I'll be able to answer them perfectly, I've edited videos for 8 years very casually on Windows Movie Maker and iMovie but only more serious about it again now but I'm still learning. I usually do find one youtube video that explains things how I want but yeah it can be tough finding one.

I say just play around, you'll get better over time, it's happening with me.

I got the Davinci and daaaaaaang that thing is complex! LOL! It has a crap ton more features than the GoPro Studio program does.