PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th: The Game

The Deadman
04-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Friday the 13th: The Game releases on May 26th (http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3433624/heres-friday-13th-game-release-date/)

iTApuzuEFEY

I'm freaking hyped for this one.

Turo602
04-23-2017, 03:16 AM
Trailer looks cool, but is there more to this game or is it just multiplayer?

Andrew NDB
04-23-2017, 04:15 AM

Seems like just multi-player by design. Knowing a bit about how this works it's probably you choose either A) Jason or B) Campers and, and then you sit in a waiting queue for a match to form. If it remains popular it should be fast and fun, though I don't see this lasting beyond a couple of years.

Turo602
04-23-2017, 04:42 AM
Seems like just multi-player by design. Knowing a bit about how this works it's probably you choose either A) Jason or B) Campers and, and then you sit in a waiting queue for a match to form. If it remains popular it should be fast and fun, though I don't see this lasting beyond a couple of years.

Ah, so it's gonna work like Evolve. I've never really been a fan of those type of games. The concept is definitely interesting and fits very well for Jason, but it just isn't enough for me. Though, I don't really know how one would go about making a campaign for Friday the 13th. We all know how that turned out on NES but could it work today?

The Deadman
04-23-2017, 07:20 AM

Single player comes out later this year

Turo602
04-23-2017, 11:50 AM

Really? Any idea what it'll be like?

Allio
04-23-2017, 11:58 AM
looks already better than dead by daylight.

TigerClaw
04-23-2017, 12:38 PM
I think the single player involves AI bots.

turtle1237
04-23-2017, 01:32 PM
I had the Nes game, never did beat it, the 6 campers and kids always got killed.

The Deadman
04-23-2017, 02:29 PM
The NES game was incredibly difficult.

turtle1237
04-23-2017, 05:34 PM

I beat Jason like 2 or 3 times, before he wipe out my team of 6 lol. Its hard, you have 6 campers one which you can control at any giving time, and the other 5 could be killed off by Jason because of wrong cabin ete, kids in the cabin, that Jason could attack, zombies and bats and other things trying to kill you on a daily bases. I still have the NES game, and I still cant beat it. Just wish the 6 campers can stick as one in stand of wondering off. Oh yeah and you throwing rocks and punching is not going to kill Jason lol.

How many times do you have to beat Jason to win? Or does it go on until the kids are dead or Jason clears out the rest of the campers?

The Deadman
04-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Check Out Stat Screens for Every Playable Jason in “Friday the 13th: The Game” (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3434466/check-stat-screens-every-playable-jason-friday-13th-game/)

That Savini Jason looks badass.

Krutch
05-03-2017, 09:07 AM
I seriously hope this game is good. Can't wait to play it.

The Deadman
05-03-2017, 06:17 PM
I reached out to the devs to see if I could get a streamer copy for Twitch but they need to see if my channel is uber popular lol. They musta forgot about YouTube too...

THGhost
05-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Having seen the recent gameplay trailer, this actually looks really good. Far better than I was expecting.

And absolutely terrible. :P

Krutch
05-23-2017, 08:50 AM
Getting hyped for Friday!

What do you think the odds are of DLC for Jason X? I know it's largely disregarded by the fandom but I think it'd be awesome to play as Uber Jason. And it'd be a fun change of scenery.

Krutch
06-02-2017, 07:58 AM
So? Anyone playing this bad boy?

I'm addicted. I love this game. I hope (though don't expect it in the least) for a VR expansion down the road, but as is is a blast.

I've got so many crying out loud literally moments out of this game already.

Krutch
06-26-2017, 11:22 AM
No one, huh? :lol:

Candy Kappa
06-26-2017, 11:28 AM
I've just seen Angry Joe's play/review, really digging what I saw.

The Deadman
06-26-2017, 11:46 AM
I wanna get it but funds are low at the moment FeelsBadMan.

The Deadman
07-07-2017, 05:23 AM
‘Friday the 13th: The Game’ Adding Part 3’s Fox and They Need Our Help
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3445494/exclusive-friday-13th-game-adding-part-3s-fox-need-help/

Krutch
07-11-2017, 09:59 AM
Fox is cool and all but there's plenty of other characters I'd like to see first.

I'd love to see Tina Shepard as a playable Hero character instead of Tommy Jarvis, telekinesis powers and all. And as bad as the movie was, Creighton Duke would make a good Hero character as well.

I'd also like to see Mrs Voorhees and Uber Jason as playable killers somewhere down the road.

Krutch
10-13-2017, 12:34 AM
Well, I'm done with this game for the time being. Until they get dedicated serves, that is.

They dropped a new map, a new jason, and are offering double XP this weekend.

I was excited to play, but I just played 12..12! games in a row where the host leaves as soon as they're killed. I played for about 3 hours tonight and didn't gain any XP on this "double XP" weekend because the player base for this game is awful.

Too bad, too, since there's a lot to love about this game.

I should have known what was going to happen from the first game I played. I got selected as Jason. About 2 minutes in a tracked down a guy and cornered him in a cabin. He goes, in his 12 year old voice, "I'm the host. If you kill me, I'll quit!" Sure enough, after tossing his ass through the window, he did just that.

I think it'll be nice to take a break from the game and revisit once that issues been cleared up.