PDA

View Full Version : One static Shredder (FW) vs different Shredders (2k3) vs One changing Shredder (2k12)

FredWolfLeonardo
04-27-2017, 03:49 AM
Which approach do you like the best?

in FW, Shredder was always one individual and he stayed the same throughout the whole series.

In 2k3, we had Utrom Shredder, Demon Shredder, Cyber Shredder, Karai Shredder etc.

IN 2k12, we also had one Shredder like FW but he changed alot over time. From having his face burnt, to becoming Super Shredder then finally coming back as Zombie Shredder.

Ceres
04-27-2017, 04:25 AM
Definitely FW Shredder, he was the funniest and interesting character of all these three.

neatoman
04-27-2017, 05:00 AM
Shredder is, to be honest, a rather boring character when you get right down to it. He looks cool but there's very little to his personality, he either obsesses over revenge (that he already got which is weird) or tries to conquer the world just because. There's the outdated ineffective stooge version but that still has the unmotivated conquest aspect and is even worse since you can't take him seriously.

So yeah, making the Shredder multiple different characters or have him change seems like good options to me.

mrmaczaps
04-27-2017, 07:44 AM
Mirage vol 1 #1 Shredder... other than being leader of the Foot and wantijg to conquer... what else is there to him? I would much rather see the mantle of the Shredder earned & passed down than the same old thing. Like vol 3, Shredder is dead, the Foot is lost and/or fighting over who is the next Shredder... Raph takes up the mantle, then theres Karai and Lady Shredder...

Develop some new characters too.

ProphetofGanja
04-27-2017, 10:05 AM
After the original Shredder Oroku Saki dies, why would anyone else take up that mantle? The Shredder wasn't the leader of the Foot Clan, Oroku Saki was. "The Shredder" was just a weird moniker plus an impractical set of armor that he really liked for some reason.

It would be like if every person who lead the Purple Dragons after Arnie Jones also dyed their hair platinum blonde and made everyone call them Hun. lmao I just made myself laugh imagining that because of what it sounds like.

"Hey Hun, how ya doing Hun, can I get anything for ya Hun? Love ya Hun" :lol:

Coola Yagami
04-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Plus the real Foot Clan is in Japan, hence them sending Karai over to clean up the mess left behind after Shredder died and the Foot was killing each other for control.

pferreira
04-27-2017, 01:19 PM
One Shredder is fine for me. I find all the different versions of Shredder in the 4Kids version unnecessarily confusing.

neatoman
04-27-2017, 02:52 PM
One Shredder is fine for me. I find all the different versions of Shredder in the 4Kids version unnecessarily confusing.

You'd have to have a pretty terrible attention span if you have trouble keeping track of four characters.

A demon
An alien posing as said demon
The adopted daughter of the alien
A copy of the alien

This isn't exactly the Hawkman legacy.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
04-27-2017, 03:58 PM
I don't see Karai as Shredder just because she wore a similair armour.

pferreira
05-04-2017, 11:55 AM
You'd have to have a pretty terrible attention span if you have trouble keeping track of four characters.Too many. Every time you turn or change a character you take away from the original concept you started with. It can also show desperation if you have to create a new villain each year.