PDA

View Full Version : Grappling hook in games

Yabuturtle
04-28-2017, 06:13 PM
Since Mikey lost his nunchucks in the show, I wondered why he still kept it in the video games? When Turtles in Time was around, he was already using his grappling hook. How come they kept the nunchucks there but not in the show

Does anyone find that strange? I wonder how they would implement it in the games :D

sdp
04-28-2017, 07:14 PM
It was only the TV stations that had a problem with it, the toys and video games were never affected.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
04-29-2017, 04:33 AM
It was only the TV stations that had a problem with it, the toys and video games were never affected.

Same with films and comics, thankfully. The grappling hooks are something all turtles shall use, both to climb and swing between buildings as well as a weapon.

Coola Yagami
04-29-2017, 10:39 AM
Well they did use a grappling hook in the first NES game.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
04-30-2017, 03:41 AM
Well they did use a grappling hook in the first NES game.

For climbing between buildings, yes. That's what they're mainly indented for!

I don't give anything for the "Michelangelo losing his nunchucks"-explanation, it's just self-censoring. The turtles broke their weapon several times (can't repair them too often, at the end they'll not work anymore), and hanging on the wall in the turtles' sewer lair we saw many Japanese weapons Splinter had smuggled with him from Japan. If they run out of nunchucks, Splinter would probably contact April go get them new.

pferreira
05-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Since Mikey lost his nunchucks in the show, I wondered why he still kept it in the video games? When Turtles in Time was around, he was already using his grappling hook. How come they kept the nunchucks there but not in the show

Does anyone find that strange? I wonder how they would implement it in the games :DThe only thing I can think of is that Konami by Turtles in Time based the show off the second and third season not the fourth when the change in weapon occurred.