PDA

View Full Version : Marvel's The Gifted

Raph's Girl
05-09-2017, 05:39 PM
FOX has picked up The Gifted for a full season. The series revolves around 2 siblings who gain powers (the girl is a telekenetic) and their parents (Amy Acker and Stephen Moyer) on the run. Some minor (and possibly familiar) X-Men characters will be appearing in the series.

Neat tho that Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin are married and now both are part of the X-Men universe. With Anna as Rogue and Moyer as the father of the main mutant kids in The Gifted.

Here's the teaser for The Gifted (full trailer and scene will appear next week during the fall upfronts):

MIHjVGGpOX8

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Anna's Rogue is part of this series?

sdp
05-09-2017, 07:54 PM
YFW I don't know who any of these stables that keep getting shows are.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-09-2017, 07:58 PM

No, what made you think that?

Raph's Girl
05-09-2017, 08:47 PM

No. Anna's hubby is in the series as the dad of the mutant kids.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-09-2017, 09:53 PM
No, what made you think that?

No. Anna's hubby is in the series as the dad of the mutant kids.

Scanning Raph's Girl original post made me think that. Her clarification and rereading makes more sense.

Storm Eagle
05-10-2017, 06:20 PM
I hope it's better than Legion.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-10-2017, 06:50 PM
I hope it's better than Legion.

What were your thoughts on Legion? Excepting some WTF-ery, I've heard mostly good things about it.

Storm Eagle
05-10-2017, 07:06 PM
What were your thoughts on Legion? Excepting some WTF-ery, I've heard mostly good things about it.

I can't really put my finger on it, but I just couldn't get into the story. I'm glad others are enjoying it though, but it's just not for me.

THGhost
05-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Legion is great. It's not what you'd expect from an X-Men TV show though. The Gifted may the one to scratch that itch.

Andrew NDB
05-11-2017, 03:11 PM
I think it's going to start to get real confusing for average watchers which ones are the real Marvel shows and which ones are the Fox shows.

THGhost
05-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Agreed. You could strip Legion of all its X-Men ties and it'd still be a good show.

Raph's Girl
05-14-2017, 11:51 PM
Full on trailer for The Gifted. Wow...they name drop the X-Men AND the Brotherhood of Mutants!

qTzW9rMcbzk

Autbot_Benz
05-15-2017, 12:19 AM
This show looks BORING :lol: Though its cool seeing Coby Bell from Burn Notice in a new show. so is it against Law that X-men isn't aloud any color and has to be always dark?

NinjaPug
05-15-2017, 12:10 PM
I read that Sentinels were going to be in this series. Please tell me those little mini robots aren't what they were talking about.

Raph's Girl
05-15-2017, 03:47 PM
I read that Sentinels were going to be in this series. Please tell me those little mini robots aren't what they were talking about.

The group that's hunting down the mutants is called The Sentinal Services. Those little robots are just some of the weapons they use. :roll:

Andrew NDB
05-15-2017, 05:07 PM

The group that's hunting down the mutants is called The Sentinal Services. Those little robots are just some of the weapons they use. :roll:

We're never, ever going to get proper Sentinels in any iteration, are we?

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/X-Men-Schism-Sentinels.jpg

plastroncafe
05-15-2017, 05:21 PM
I think it's going to start to get real confusing for average watchers which ones are the real Marvel shows and which ones are the Fox shows.

The average watchers don't care.
And in their not caring they're getting the most accurate Marvel experience possible.

I envy them.

DestronMirage22
05-15-2017, 05:46 PM
We're never, ever going to get proper Sentinels in any iteration, are we?

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/X-Men-Schism-Sentinels.jpg

Nope, not as long as Fox still has the rights.

Raph's Girl
05-15-2017, 06:19 PM
Nope, not as long as Fox still has the rights.

That's the thing tho. This series will be airing on FOX so we can easily get proper Sentinals...but it looks like we're just getting a normal human group CALLED Sentinals.

NinjaPug
05-15-2017, 06:23 PM
I get not having legit Sentinels due to budget constraints but don't try to pass them off as govt agents with little mini robots. It's like Tom Rothman is back running Fox.

DestronMirage22
05-15-2017, 06:24 PM
That's the thing tho. This series will be airing on FOX so we can easily get proper Sentinals...but it looks like we're just getting a normal human group CALLED Sentinals.

That's the usual thing for them. They refuse to properly represent their characters and instead opt for cheap in name only garbage.

TurtleTitan97
05-15-2017, 10:11 PM

And just like that I've lost all prior interest regarding this show.

ranger_scout
05-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Stephen Moyer doesn't know if Anna Paquin will be making a cameo as Rogue in the series.

“Well, obviously she is in the X-Men universe,” Moyer tells Entertainment Tonight, “Here character, obviously, could possibly...I don’t know, I don’t quite understand the timeline because obviously, the X-Men timeline is very, very specific, so never say never, but I don’t know. I don’t want to say anything that gets me into trouble.”

http://www.etonline.com/media/video/exclusive_could_anna_paquin_rogue_show_up_on_husba nd_stephen_moyer_the_gifted_x_men_show-217639/

ranger_scout
10-03-2017, 11:32 AM
I watched the premiere last night and I thought it was a solid start for the series. I definitely felt for Andy. When I was in elementary and high-school, some kids were flat out rude to me. They didn't go as far as those bullies did, but it was still tough being picked on by others.

MsMarvelDuckie
10-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Watched it ladt night and rather enjoyed it. So far we have Thunderbird, Blink, Polaris, Sage and Sunspot as major characters. This is an alternate timeline(AGAIN) so there's why we don't have Sentinels- the government started a program to "integrate" mutants(it's BS- they treat mutans whose powers cause accidental damage or injury as criminals and cart them off) and this MIB sort of group is the result.

ranger_scout
10-24-2017, 09:50 PM
Anna Paquin doesn't want to appear as Rogue or a different character in the series right now.

I feel like that would be distracting, honestly. I mean, look, who knows? But I feel like that's one of those things that probably takes people out of the story in a weird way. If I was the creative force behind it, I'm not sure I would want to splice True Blood married people with different X-Men families. I feel like that might be a little schticky.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/1716790/why-x-men-star-anna-paquin-wouldnt-want-to-appear-on-foxs-the-gifted