PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal experiences

FredWolfLeonardo
05-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Have any of you ever had any supernatural experiences with ghosts, the paranormal and what not? I would be really interesting in hearing your stories.

Andrew NDB
05-10-2017, 10:59 AM
I don't buy into ghosts (in fact, I think they were disproven with science a little while ago... http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2017/02/16/has_the_large_hadron_collider_disproved_the_existe nce_of_ghosts.html ) but the best alien story I've ever heard came from the mouth of Erik Larsen.

Erik will tell you this if you ask him. He was a kid with another kid, they were out in the woods in Oregon, way up in the hills. A giant UFO swooshed down and hovered there. It was right above his friend, but he was a ways back... but paralyzed, unable to move (both of them were). A while passed, the UFO swooshed back away, and Erik went to catch up to his friend. He explained what happened to his friend and his friend had no idea what he was talking about, never saw any UFO and doesn't remember being frozen.

Then 10-15 years later his friend drops dead. Inexplicable brain cancer.

Erik swears by the story.

Vegita-San
05-10-2017, 11:05 AM
i do find it interesting when people will dismiss the idea of ghosts as not being real, but aliens are a sure thing ;o).

I personally think both have the possability of being real.

I've had afew odd things happen in my years on the ghost side to make me wonder.

including capturing this audio file in what was SUPPOSED to be a deserted office at 10PM on a friday night. is it possible someone was there and playing a trick? you bet. but notice you d on't hear any footsteps leading up to the recorder. the voice just appears. but as soon as it walks away, you clearly hear footsteps at a distance.

I don't know what it is.we've since added video camera's and haven't had anything like it since. all people in the office deny it's them.. others are scared enough they don't like being here at night anymore. add in the fact that we've had lights turn themselves on at varying degrees....a co worker scared by loud banging noises on a bathroom door when he was in by himself at 5:30am and no one else was around (he didn't even hear the ghost stories we've had previously at that point and was new)..and a few other odd things..

it makes me wonder.
https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/growl?in=videoguy565/sets/ghost-files

Andrew NDB
05-10-2017, 11:13 AM
i do find it interesting when people will dismiss the idea of ghosts as not being real, but aliens are a sure thing ;o).

Aliens are a quantifably statistic probability. Trillions upon trillions of worlds in the universe, millions of probable worlds just like ours and habitable out there (and we've already found like 5-6 habitable Earth-like planets in the past 10 years alone)... it's pretty weird to expect that there wouldn't be aliens out there. There kind of has to be.

Ghosts? No proof. Zero probability. But fun to think about.

Vegita-San
05-10-2017, 11:14 AM
why is it so hard to even entertain the possibility for most?

when people die, they know this world goes on without them.

not that tough to believe what we scientifically think of as death is just an evolution into something else.

may not be ghosts....but something.

Andrew NDB
05-10-2017, 11:23 AM
why is it so hard to even entertain the possibility for most?

when people die, they know this world goes on without them.

not that tough to believe what we scientifically think of as death is just an evolution into something else.

may not be ghosts....but something.

Yeah... everything lives, dies, and becomes converted into something else. That's true of anything out there.

Best we could hope for is reincarnation, of a sort. i.e., you die, everything goes black, you open your eyes and you're being born somewhere else. Or maybe you're a squirrel. Or on an alien planet. Either way, sort of meaningless as you won't remember your past life. Less reincarnation and more... "reboot"?

Or maybe the simulation ends?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/06/03/we-are-almost-definitely-living-in-a-matrix-style-simulation-cla/

The Deadman
05-10-2017, 11:23 AM
I like how the thread turned into a "LOL GHOSTS ARENT REAL" thing right off the bat.

Also, UFOs? Definitely arent real. The aliens that people think look like those in film? Definitely arent real.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-10-2017, 11:29 AM
I have alot of stories to share which still creep me out but heres one in particular.

My maternal grandmother died in 2010 but shortly before her death, almost all of her kids (12 to be exact) foresaw her death in their dreams where she would either pass away directly infront of them or they would be in a funeral but not know who the deceased person was.

My mum's dream involved the whole family (including her deceased father) being at a funeral, wearing pure white but eating great food which puzzled everyone in the dream except for my grandfather who was happy, since funerals werent supposed to have very festival like food.

My mum didn't understand this dream but only a few days later, my grandmother suddenly passed away out of nowhere. No prior running illness, no expectations of death yet the whole family saw it coming in their dreams yet didnt think it was actually going to happen so soon. My grandmother on that day just suddenly started screaming "Im dying! Im dying!" Out of nowhwere and had passed away by the time the doctors arrived. She was then buried next to my grandfather from whom she had been seperated for 7 years since his death.

Her last words were "God! God!" as she slipped into death.

plastroncafe
05-10-2017, 11:33 AM
It's entirely probable that there is other life out there in the universe.

The Odds That Weíre the Only Advanced Species in the Galaxy Are One in 60 Billion
(http://www.airspacemag.com/daily-planet/odds-were-only-technologically-advanced-species-universe-are-extremely-low-180958975/) (airspacemag.com)

As for ghosts or the paranormal?
I think there's a rational explanation for the phenomena that people experience that's more than just telling them what the they saw wasn't real.

Lots of people who worked in my grandfather's store said they saw/heard things after he died. Someone locked my co-workers in the cool room when there were only three of us there, and it wasn't me.

Candy Kappa
05-10-2017, 11:37 AM
I've experienced Lantern Men, the phenomena is easily explained but in the moment it's fun to pretend and go with the fantasy.

Turo602
05-10-2017, 11:45 AM
I've always been very intrigued by the idea despite never having witnessed anything concrete. I've went to Bachelors Grove several times and haven't seen anything. It's supposedly one of the most haunted cemeteries in the world. Though, there was a time I went and came back with tons of bad luck. I swear, I kept getting hit with one thing after another. I got really sick, and just when I get better, an ear infection, and when I got better from that, a tooth problem that made my mouth hurt like hell and so on. I looked up if anyone had a similar experience and one other person said that they felt they got hit with bad luck as well after visiting Bachelors Grove.

I've also had tons of family members who claim they've experienced things, and while some of their stories sound like complete bullsh*t, I do believe some of them such as my grandfather whose mother conducted seances. My uncle's family also apparently have a very haunted house and even provided photo evidence of a semi transparent red colored woman dressed in rags standing behind their dog while he was jumping. The photo was taken on a very old school cell phone back in 2005 or 2006, so unless they had some sort of app then, I don't see why or how they would have bullsh*tted a photo.

Also, my mind was completely blown when I found out about "shadow people." As a kid, I've always seen a silhouette of a very tall man with broad shoulders wearing a trench coat and hat like a detective. And then I found out about shadow people a few years ago and couldn't believe other people saw the same thing. I even found an illustration that looks like exactly what I saw. It's supposedly explained by some psychological thing, but it's still pretty insane.

And the only other thing I can think of is seeing doors self open which could have possibly happened due to the door not being closed properly and wind pushing it. But there was this one time where it most definitely wasn't wind. I was up late at night as usual, and around 4AM, my brother's door slammed open. I didn't think anything of it as he usually gets up for work around that time, but after a few minutes, I get up to see why he hasn't left yet and he was still in bed sleeping and he still swears that he didn't open the door.

IndigoErth
05-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Well, the way I look at it... Outside of our own planet, what are we? Aliens.

We (and every other living thing on this planet) are already proof enough that things like us can happen. Only simply not proof of how common it is for things at our level of intelligence. Maybe we're rare. Or maybe we're just common primitive idiots. But if we're here then I doubt we're alone.

As for the paranormal... I dunno. It's a subject I've always found fun and interesting, but am still a massive skeptic by nature and can't say I've ever actually believed it. Years ago, I did experience at least a couple odd things that are easily directly related to a former pet, and I'm not the only one in the family to have it experienced it, and even many years later there's still no explanation. Those incidences sometimes make me think... maybe. But at the same time I can't get past doubting it and stuck in between on that one.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Paranormal experiences? Where do I begin......?

First, four words- they are out there. I've personally seen what would be classed as a UFO. And I was not alone. At least four other witnesses, three of whom were my mom and a family friend and her daughter. The fourth was a guy out night-fishing in a small aluminum boat not far from where we were camped. It was a medium sized "ball of light" type object(think Marfa lights) that did things that NOTHING on Earth could do. Zipping across the lake in a second, flashing or fading in and out as it moved erratically in various directions, disappearing from one location and reappearing elsewhere in an instant far from where it had been, or stopping and hovering ABOVE the water close enough to see that nothing was under or around it.... And when the fisherman trolled his boat over close to it and pointed a spotlight at it- the light flickered, seemed to dim fery fast, and then there was a "zapping" sound (he was close enough to shore that we heard it) and the light died utterly. He immediately fired up his motor and took off like a (low powered) bat out of hell, or at least as fast as the small motor would allow. And right after that, the light shot straight UP and disappeared. Aliens?! You BET I believe!!

As for gjosts, Ive had several incidents that I feel were otherworldly. Being pushed down stairwell steps by an unseen hand at an apartment complex next to the property of a burned-out childrens' home and former mental hospital (it had been both at different times) and having the cover of a fire extinguisher box literally ripped off and fly at me to land just two steps in front of where I was walking on the same day at that complex. Had I not stopped to see what the sound was, it would have hit me! I went up to examine where it came from and found the extinguisher box had been locked and the lock was still intact! And I worked in a place that had its own "spook" with a sence of humor, who nevertheless disliked one guy there. He got a pizza bubble-fork thrown at him. I had a spatula fly off the table sideways and hit the oven- immediately after having told coworkers I had never seen any weird events occur! And there was an ice-cold spot that would move about the store but usually hung around the office. Human shadows that were independent of any source. And a phone line that would ring once anytime someone complained of being bored or such when business was slow. And so on.....

When I was a kid I once had a neighbor a couple of years older than me spend the night. She used my bed and I slept in a bean bag chair. I woke in the middle of the night to find a small shadow (about the height of a 6-yr-old) beside/against my bed STARING at me with white "eyes". It was indistinct in shape but it was directly in a line of light from the hallway, with the bedroom door half open. And no source to make said shadow anywhere in between.

Vegita-San
05-10-2017, 01:17 PM
I like how the thread turned into a "LOL GHOSTS ARENT REAL" thing right off the bat.

a lot of people can convince themselves that just about anything isn't real even if something un explainable is right there in front of them.

especially if they really don't want to believe in it in the first place.

I'd get deeper into it, but ghosts are probably already as far as we should go outside the dis integrator unit :).

personally, as far as ghosts and aliens are concerned, i'm going to be a good scientist and be open to just about anything :)

FredWolfLeonardo
05-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Aliens maybe, but I dont think ghosts can be explained by science. The very defintion of science these days is to try and explain an observation purely by natural processes, which automatically takes out anything supernatural.

mrmaczaps
05-10-2017, 01:57 PM
I really don't believe in ghosts as friendly spirits of dead people, but demons here to cause havok, yeah... the house I currently live in has had odd things happen now and again. One evening I was sitting on the couch and theres a half-wall between the living room and the kitchen... in front of the sink was a shadowed looking dude in a full suit with hat (60s Clark Kent) and then just as soon as I saw it, it vanished. Sometimes pacing in the hall, the same lone figure walks back and forth by the door to the secons bedroom on the front of the house.

Hasn't happened in a few years...

Aliens on the otherhand.... a friend and I were on a ride through a neighboring town and saw two bright pairs of 3 lights in a triangular shape. Looked a lot like one plane or whatever. Few minutes later, we stopped to get a better look and the lights split apart, hovered for a moment and then took off... Never saw anything else like it and theres no aircraft that currently have that shape or design with lights on the underside.

snake
05-10-2017, 02:20 PM
I summoned a succubus.

DestronMirage22
05-10-2017, 02:22 PM
I summoned a succubus.

Was she hot? :)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Was she hot? :)

What would be the point otherwise?

Aliens on the otherhand.... a friend and I were on a ride through a neighboring town and saw two bright pairs of 3 lights in a triangular shape. Looked a lot like one plane or whatever. Few minutes later, we stopped to get a better look and the lights split apart, hovered for a moment and then took off... Never saw anything else like it and theres no aircraft that currently have that shape or design with lights on the underside.

No aircraft that we know of. I'm not gonna say "every UFO ever seen is a secret government aircraft" but military projects do get declassified years or decades after they first start deploying them. Imagine the first person who saw a B2 Spirit or an F117 Nighthawk. Those are pretty unworldly looking compared to standard aircraft designs...

DestronMirage22
05-10-2017, 02:32 PM

Hey, I'm just saying if she was hot he wouldn't be here to tell the tale now would he? :P

Andrew NDB
05-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Then there's stuff like this:

-uye3QV69jw

Actual astronauts claiming to have seen UFOs, even being briefed about them.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Hey, I'm just saying if she was hot he wouldn't be here to tell the tale now would he? :P

This is true. :tlol:

Then there's stuff like this:

-uye3QV69jw

Actual astronauts claiming to have seen UFOs, even being briefed about them.

This is also true. And the astronauts are, at least, more believable than the "we faked the moon landing" people. :tlol:

BubblyShell22
05-10-2017, 03:36 PM
I have never seen a ghost but I definitely believe they are real. I feel they are the spirits of our loved ones who want to keep an eye on things and don't want to move on to the next life permanently. Shortly after my grandpa died, my grandma says she heard keys hitting the table while she was in bed and she was wide awake when it happened. When she went to the kitchen, she didn't see anything there, but we think it was Grandpa telling her that he was keeping an eye on her.

As for UFOs and aliens, it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility for them to exist.

mrmaczaps
05-10-2017, 05:16 PM
I have never seen a ghost but I definitely believe they are real. I feel they are the spirits of our loved ones who want to keep an eye on things and don't want to move on to the next life permanently. Shortly after my grandpa died, my grandma says she heard keys hitting the table while she was in bed and she was wide awake when it happened. When she went to the kitchen, she didn't see anything there, but we think it was Grandpa telling her that he was keeping an eye on her.

As for UFOs and aliens, it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility for them to exist.

See, the ghost part is where I'm at... When someone dies, they either go to hell or heaven. There is no in between despite what movies and books say. When you're dead, you're dead. Now, I do believe in demons and angels, but they were never human. I think demons can take on the attributes of the recently departed and they can see and hear and sometimes influence things in everyday life as it is and prey on this weakness in folks who are hurting from the loss of loved ones.

I'm not saying you have to believe it, thats just my two cents.

mrmaczaps
05-10-2017, 05:17 PM

No aircraft that we know of. I'm not gonna say "every UFO ever seen is a secret government aircraft" but military projects do get declassified years or decades after they first start deploying them. Imagine the first person who saw a B2 Spirit or an F117 Nighthawk. Those are pretty unworldly looking compared to standard aircraft designs...

Thats true, no aircraft that we know of and this was roughly 20 years ago... :)

THGhost
05-10-2017, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw a ghost in my bedroom once. But I was very young and my memory of it is extremely limited. But I've always been open to the possibility ever since.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-10-2017, 06:43 PM
See, the ghost part is where I'm at... When someone dies, they either go to hell or heaven. There is no in between despite what movies and books say. When you're dead, you're dead. Now, I do believe in demons and angels, but they were never human. I think demons can take on the attributes of the recently departed and they can see and hear and sometimes influence things in everyday life as it is and prey on this weakness in folks who are hurting from the loss of loved ones.

I'm not saying you have to believe it, thats just my two cents.

This may be true, but there is no time-limit or requirement on WHEN they go to their "proper" place, now is there? I fully believe that some souls/spirits or whatever you wish to call them may choose to stick around for a time before moving to their ultimate reward(or punishment). And in the latter case, it seems only logical that they might want to delay that final trip as long as possible! As someone with a more than passing familiarity with the paranormal through personal encounters, as well as myths, legends, folklore and modern theories regarding ghosts and supernatural beings, I believe without a doubt that encounters with the departed are quite real and are most often benign.

Our apartment was occupied previously by an older gentlman whom we spoke to occasionally when we were living upstairs. He was put in a nursing home and died only a few days later. Since moving into his old unit, we have seen and heard odd things on occasion. Strange noises like a chair creaking for no reason, our cats acting strangely while staring at and avoiding a certain spot, and doors moving. There was also one night when I woke up unable to move and felt like I was being held down by someone trying to choke me. However I feel that was something different as it only occurred once and all of our other incidents were not harmful.

Vegita-San
05-10-2017, 06:50 PM
it's weird. we don't have stuff that happens every day.

stuff at the house and at the office happens maybe once every few months.

We had our shed door slam shut on a windless day, so loud that we heard it in house.

A few months before, we had an iron be thrown three feet across the room at 12AM when everyone but me was asleep working on the PC. scared the crap out of me.

I once heard what I THOUGHT was my neighbor up the street yell hello to me from our porch door. i went to check it out, no one there. turns out she was in germany at the time.

This past week, we've had light flickering issues. i noticed it happened only twice at my grandmothers, never noticing it before, on a clear weather day. it happened twice a few days later at the office, throughout the WHOLE office and never happened before. and thne a few days later, I hear a voice in the bathroom on a rainy day (I'm alone) and when i go turn the lights on in my room, 1 minute later, they flick twice... hasn't happened since.

just Odd, odd, little one and dones that make you think.

oh,and one time, I had gotten some chocolate milk from down stairs and put the bottle on the counter. when i woke up the next morning (onlyone in the house again), I noticed the bottle was gone. I opened up the glasses cabinet, somehow it moved from the counter top into the cabinet. I even took a picture of it as proof and still have it somewhere.

go figure.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-10-2017, 07:18 PM
That is fairly common. Most incidents are just odd little things that defy explanation but serve as a reminder that we are not alone. Mr Duckie even swears that once in a while he can smell his dad's cologne nearby when he is not feeling well or is upset or something is bothering him. Or the recliner will rock or he will see someone in the room with him. And there are two small shadows that sometimes watch cartoons with me when I sit at my desk at the computer. Not sure what that is about.

Katie
05-10-2017, 07:35 PM
I have seen a UFO. January 15, 2014. Tons of people saw it from South Carolina to Louisiana. When I saw all the other people reporting the same thing I saw, I knew I wasn't crazy. Weird stuff. I was skeptical before then, but that thing was HUGE and definitely not a plane and most likely was in orbit when all the sightings were made. Reported to MUFON and NUFORC.

IndigoErth
05-10-2017, 08:38 PM
And there are two small shadows that sometimes watch cartoons with me when I sit at my desk at the computer. Not sure what that is about.
o.O Got a couple kid ghosts lurking around there, do ya? Nobody playing with your figures when you aren't looking? :trazz:

If ghosts were to have any basis in reality, gotta say... not a peep from my father in the almost year and a half that he's been gone. :ohwell: Although the auto parts store he as working at for his 'retirement job,' where my brother-in-law still works, has contributed various odd things to him. The weirdest prob being that the remaining driver supposedly, according to her, in the first several months following his death had found the radio station changed in the company truck a number of times, left on channels she didn't listen to and hadn't last left it on, but he'd have often left it on when he'd go deliver a part. (Supposedly the radio stations had been some play battle between them as drivers.) Second hand story, so do I believe it... I dunno. But she was the sole driver for a while after he passed and was, according to my bother-in-law, the only one using the truck at that time.

UFOs... Seen a couple odd things when I was 10.

Picture this. At about age 10 in early 1990 you had gone to bed. It's dark out, your lights are off, and you decide to have a look out the window. There are two objects up in the sky just kind of hanging there in the air unmoving. (A little distance to the south, not overhead.) They appear to be sold objects, possibly kind of round with a row of lights along the sides. Two of them, just sitting there in the air side by side. Silent. They're clearly not stars, and you damn well known airplanes can't hover and helicopters are noisy and have fewer lights... and certainly not in a line like that.

These objects sat there for a little bit. (While I half hid behind my curtain, afraid they would somehow see me. :tlol:) After a time, the one on the left just slowly moved off to the east then disappeared from view behind the roof of our back porch. The other sat there a short time longer, than slowly went west. Still no sound.

Seriously, what was that? In 1990. In northern Delaware. We're kind of the farthest thing possible from being any hotbed of secret military stuff, far from it. But it's hard to believe it would be just someone's toys either, not with the apparent height in the air and size they must have been... plus length of time just sitting there unmoving in silence.

Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland is prob the nearest military base, but that's still a reasonable distance. The only thing local of our own is the local National Guard simply keeps a few of the big C-130s at a small local airport. (There's the Dover Airforce Base in this state, but that's even further away.)

My mom was always like, "It was probably just a dream." No... I was a smart kid, before going back to bed I grabbed my journal and wrote down and drew what I saw, so I've got proof it wasn't a dream.

I have long wished to find some old report of it online, for some kind of answer or a claim from someone else having seen it.

mrmaczaps
05-10-2017, 08:46 PM
This may be true, but there is no time-limit or requirement on WHEN they go to their "proper" place, now is there? I fully believe that some souls/spirits or whatever you wish to call them may choose to stick around for a time before moving to their ultimate reward(or punishment). And in the latter case, it seems only logical that they might want to delay that final trip as long as possible! As someone with a more than passing familiarity with the paranormal through personal encounters, as well as myths, legends, folklore and modern theories regarding ghosts and supernatural beings, I believe without a doubt that encounters with the departed are quite real and are most often benign.

Our apartment was occupied previously by an older gentlman whom we spoke to occasionally when we were living upstairs. He was put in a nursing home and died only a few days later. Since moving into his old unit, we have seen and heard odd things on occasion. Strange noises like a chair creaking for no reason, our cats acting strangely while staring at and avoiding a certain spot, and doors moving. There was also one night when I woke up unable to move and felt like I was being held down by someone trying to choke me. However I feel that was something different as it only occurred once and all of our other incidents were not harmful.

Well, there is a "time limit". You die and its either hell or Heaven. That moment. No playtime as ghost dad. No chillen unseen with your homies. Thats all tv/movie bs...

FredWolfLeonardo
05-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Well, there is a "time limit". You die and its either hell or Heaven. That moment. No playtime as ghost dad. No chillen unseen with your homies. Thats all tv/movie bs...

Do you believe in purgatory? Im a believer in heaven and hell too (specifically the garden of Eden and the lake of fire editionz) but Im interested in how you see it.

IndigoErth
05-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Thats all tv/movie bs...
What if someone believes just as adamantly as you that it isn't bs? Can you equally respect that they view it that way? After all, no one of your viewpoint wants to be beaten down with "No, you're wrong!" preaching either...

What if it's just for a limited time, burning off any remaining "energy" (I guess...).

I figure, if it was permanent, then were are the dinosaur ghosts?

our cats acting strangely while staring at and avoiding a certain spot
Cats are so creepy, I 'hate' when they do that. lol Stop staring up at the corner of the room!

mrmaczaps
05-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Do you believe in purgatory? Im a believer in heaven and hell too (specifically the garden of Eden and the lake of fire) but Im interested in how you see it.

I'm not really sure. Some days, I kinda feel like this is purgatory... but what I've read of the Bible, theres a literal hell/lake of fire and theres Heaven, streets of gold and palaces for all believers. I think purgatory would be that not really dead place where the mind goes when not quite dead bht darn close, but even then is that really purgatory?

The only other thought here is that before the second coming, believers who have died are under the throne of God, but thats not purgatory and I think its believers from the time frame after the rapture... those that.

Probably not the right thread for this... haha

But feel free to shoot me a FB message if you're on there... kind of a digital purgatory... hahaha

mrmaczaps
05-10-2017, 09:05 PM
What if someone believes just as adamantly as you that it isn't bs? Can you equally respect that they view it that way? After all, no one of your viewpoint wants to be beaten down with "No, you're wrong!" preaching either...

Can I "respect" a wrong viewpoint? I can ignore it, but thats not the same. And I didn't beat anyone down. You are free to believe whatever you want, but that doesn't mean its right. I didn't attack anyone, just made the statement that a time frame after death is null. You die, thats it. Game over. We are having a back and forth conversation and the forums are open to all comments. She responded to something I wrote, so I responded to what she wrote. I was further claryfying what I originally said. Its what i believe and again, anyome is free to learn from it or completely ignore it.

Now, if you want me to "beat you down" or whatever, feel free to PM me and we can have a chat about sin and eternal damnation. :tgrin: That would be off topic to discuss here. Haha

Katie
05-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Purgatory is a Catholic thing. I'm betting he's protestant.

I dunno. I'm an intuitive. I kind of "feel" presences. Like when you're alone but you get that feeling someone's in the room with you....if I concentrate on that feeling, I can figure out who/ what it is.

I get a lot of relatives, dogs, some people I have no idea. I get it alot in restrooms. I don't find it scary. They can't hurt you or do anything.

I've never encountered any evil things. I have encountered very good things.

IndigoErth
05-10-2017, 09:18 PM
I get it alot in restrooms.
Okay that's kind of funny. Picturing ghost people just wasting time still going through the same old routine.

Unless ghosts are not ghosts and it's just crossover interference of a parallel world. o.O

Katie
05-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Its weird. I try and ignore them in restrooms. I think it has something to do with the mirrors.

Ah well. I think some don't know they're dead. Some do, but they just want to be around us.

ProphetofGanja
05-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Based on statistics, I'm positive there is alien life out there somewhere. But has it visited us? I don't know. I do know that some really crazy things have happened on earth, and some people have had some really interesting encounters. It's also statistically likely that some UFO sightings have just been experimental aircraft (don't say "I believe in UFOs" or "I don't believe in UFOs" because literally all that term means is there was something in the sky that was not readily identified. If you're actually discussing the likelihood of alien life existing or having visited our planet then use the proper term, extraterrestrials, or just "aliens"). I have read a lot of crazy stuff about secret governments that have made contact with and entered into agreements with extraterrestrial/extradimensional lifeforms, and it's interesting to think about even if the veracity of the claims is dubious. I could talk for a while about the claims peple have made that aliens exist and have built deep underground bases or that the earth is hollow or that there are terrestrial beings that live within the earth. I don't think physics supports the hollow earth theory but it's a fun Jules Verne-type idea to think about.

As for ghosts, I think there are a few different scenarios. One, that emotions or events can sometimes leave impressions on our world that ripple throughout time, which lead to most ghost sightings or the witnessing of scenes from the past. Then there's the cases where a deceased person seems to interact with loved ones or objects or sometimes even random people (like a new family that's moved into a house) from beyond the grave. Is this likely? I don't know. Possible, maybe. I think it's fair to say that there are limits to current science and science will even admit that there are things it cannot measure and things that we don't even know we dot know yet, so there's always room for us to improve our understanding of the world. Then there's cases with very strange entities that do not seem to be of this world. Again, I think that science has limits and what may seem mystical or improbable is at least possible. I'm skeptical of most accounts and hauntings (because I think people's minds are often more powerful than they realize and they can fall victim to their own superstitions) but I recognize the need to keep an open mind.

What about cryptids? I think some of them are definitively bullsh!t but the chances are pretty damn good that there are plenty of species we haven't discovered yet. There was one book on some of the more famous cryptids that I always used to check out from the library when I was a kid. Ogopogo, Mothman, thunderbirds, the ghost cat of DC, sasquatch, the Goatman, living dinosaurs in remote jungles. Some of them I'm positive are not real but others I still wonder about

mrmaczaps
05-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Purgatory is a Catholic thing. I'm betting he's protestant.

Baptist, Southern... in the north. I like food. Baptists are known for our food festivals/fellowships. It was win win. Good for the body, good for the soul.

ProphetofGanja
05-10-2017, 09:40 PM

You seem really sure about that...

Some people would call that "bible BS" or just generic "religion BS"

Me personally, I feel that the mystery of the next stage of life after death is largely beyond our understanding. I do believe that reincarnation happens sometimes but not all the time. I don't think we can figure it out for sure though, at least not in this life.

IndigoErth
05-10-2017, 10:02 PM
What about cryptids? I think some of them are definitively bullsh!t but the chances are pretty damn good that there are plenty of species we haven't discovered yet. There was one book on some of the more famous cryptids that I always used to check out from the library when I was a kid. Ogopogo, Mothman, thunderbirds, the ghost cat of DC, sasquatch, the Goatman, living dinosaurs in remote jungles. Some of them I'm positive are not real but others I still wonder about
It would be awesome if Sasquatch turned up and the history of sightings world over (including Yeti, etc.) is interesting, but the lack of evidence... eh...

Sometimes I wonder if it is just humanity's continued memory, through stories, of another vaguely human-like hominid that used to exist.

Katie
05-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Baptist, Southern... in the north. I like food. Baptists are known for our food festivals/fellowships. It was win win. Good for the body, good for the soul.

Yeah, I figured Baptist. I'm from Alabama. Most everyone here is Baptist. I'm a weirdy Methodist

tmntfannumerouno
05-10-2017, 10:06 PM
One night I was in my house and francine was washing the dishes. I yelled out FRANCINE get in here ya ain't gonna believe this ****! She yelled back what I'm busy! To which I replied with fear in my voice ya ain't gonna believe this ****! She said angrilly just tell me what's wrong I'm busy. I yelled back as loud as I could my feces is green. There was a brief pause. Then francine yelled back you big dummy I told you not to eat all that salad.

True story and if green poop ain't paranormal I don't know what is.

ProphetofGanja
05-10-2017, 10:07 PM
It would be awesome if Sasquatch turned up and the history of sightings world over (including Yeti, etc.) is interesting, but the lack of evidence... eh...

Sometimes I wonder if it is just humanity's continued memory, through stories, of another vaguely human-like hominid that used to exist.

Whoa now there's an interesting theory. Kind of ties in with Jung's theory of the collective unconscious, the repository of a species' ancestral knowledge.

So have we all realized that the famous picture of the Loch Ness monster is fake? It would be so cool if Nessie were real but I don't think there's any point holding out hope for something that's been debunked, especially when there are plenty of other mysterious lake dwellers that are more likely to be something interesting. I think there's good chance that a lot of species we thought have gone extinct are still out there, somewhere

IndigoErth
05-10-2017, 10:27 PM
I think there's good chance that a lot of species we thought have gone extinct are still out there, somewhere
Hey, look at the coelacanth. Thought extinct since the late Cretaceous period...and then it turned up.

"Just keep swimming" indeed. Dorie should have been a coelacanth. :)

Not to mention known critters like the horseshoe crab. Still hanging around after millions of years. (And will probably be our fault if they go extinct. :ohwell:) Who knows what kind of crazy creatures are still hiding somewhere, or a close descendant of them.

I wish Nessie was real, but hard to see how such a creature would really thrive in the confines of a lake, large or not. Maybe some kind of creature was once there long ago (even if not a Nessie), but something large becoming landlocked in a lake doesn't bode well for the gene pool.

Wildcat
05-10-2017, 11:53 PM
I definitely believe in ghosts and aliens. To think humans are the only intelligent life form in all the universe is just ridiculous. I know ghosts are harder to explain but all the weird, supernatural stuff people have experienced can't all be wrong.

We lived in house once that I totally believe is haunted. We only lived there for like 3 months because of a bug problem. We had spiders, roaches and such like every day but that was a separate issue.

Every single night I'd hear the same loud crashing noises around the same time. 2-3am. My family heard something hit the wall from the outside in the middle of the night once too. Of course nothing was out of place when we'd check things out.

Even here in our current house we've heard unexplainable noises a few times. Though these were more like isolated situations. Nothing like the other house.

Once there was very distinct knocking against the side of the couch years ago. My family was just watching TV and I was in my room across the hall but I heard it too.

I'm sure others have experienced worse but yes I believe in ghosts, evil entities, unrestful spirits etc.

ProactiveMan
05-11-2017, 03:37 AM
I’m not sure if there are aliens or not. I suspect that if there are, we will probably never meet them. To paraphrase the Fermi Paradox: If interstellar travel is possible, probability suggests that a more advanced intelligences would have already figured it out. We haven’t seen any, so maybe it’s not possible, or maybe there are no advanced intelligences.

If advanced alien life does exist however, there could be a lot of reasons why we don’t know about it. We take it for granted that an alien intelligence would resemble our paradigm of intelligence. Maybe they don’t think in a way that would lead them to interstellar travel in the first place.

Also, a lot of the models we use to predict the existence of alien life don’t factor in the shear improbability of life existing on our planet. They basically take it as granted that if it happened once, it can happen again, but that isn’t a certainty.

Wildcat
05-11-2017, 04:58 AM
Well whether any aliens are "advanced" is a separate question. I'm positive aliens exist because earth being the only planet in all the universe to have intelligent life is extremely unlikely.

Assuming they are advanced, to some extent, I'm sure earth has been visited already. They just haven't officially revealed themselves. Maybe the government has proof or they've chosen to only observe us.

Every UFO/Alien encounter can't be false. I don't know that aliens are anything like we seen in movies but I hope they are. Not hostile but really technologically advanced.

ProphetofGanja
05-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Iím not sure if there are aliens or not. I suspect that if there are, we will probably never meet them. To paraphrase the Fermi Paradox: If interstellar travel is possible, probability suggests that a more advanced intelligences would have already figured it out. We havenít seen any, so maybe itís not possible, or maybe there are no advanced intelligences.

If advanced alien life does exist however, there could be a lot of reasons why we donít know about it. We take it for granted that an alien intelligence would resemble our paradigm of intelligence. Maybe they donít think in a way that would lead them to interstellar travel in the first place.

Also, a lot of the models we use to predict the existence of alien life donít factor in the shear improbability of life existing on our planet. They basically take it as granted that if it happened once, it can happen again, but that isnít a certainty.

I got really interested in the Fermi paradox a while back. Kurzgesagt (a YouTube channel) did a couple good videos on it

sNhhvQGsMEc

1fQkVqno-uI

The Drake Equation is commonly used weigh all the factors that would go into estimating the probability of alien life.

https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/41816b3d22b6ee19302273fb05a736408dc26877

where N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone)

and

R* = the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fl = the fraction of planets that could support life that actually develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space

So yeah, pretty astronomical odds, and with the universe being comprised of potentially infinite spacetime, its hard to say definitively that we will ever make contact with another intelligent alien species.

but of course, this is all conjecture based on our most current understanding

mrmaczaps
05-11-2017, 09:50 AM
You seem really sure about that...

Some people would call that "bible BS" or just generic "religion BS"

Me personally, I feel that the mystery of the next stage of life after death is largely beyond our understanding. I do believe that reincarnation happens sometimes but not all the time. I don't think we can figure it out for sure though, at least not in this life.

Because I am sure. You can believe whatever hogwash bs fruity fictional tale you want, its your right, but I believe what I believe.

Reincarnation, now thats funny.... we have but One Life to live though... this one. None before it and none after it...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Because I am sure. You can believe whatever hogwash bs fruity fictional tale you want, its your right, but I believe what I believe.

Reincarnation, now thats funny.... we have but One Life to live though... this one. None before it and none after it...

Y'know, pretty sure Christ didn't go around telling sinners and non-believers they were full of hogshite and acting demeaning and superior. He was actually quite humble.

Except with the hypocritical religious authorities. Those he lit up.

Also, I'm disappointed that we've gone this many pages without anybody posting the History Channel "Aliens guy" meme. :tgrumble:

mrmaczaps
05-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Y'know, pretty sure Christ didn't go around telling sinners and non-believers they were full of hogshite and acting demeaning and superior. He was actually quite humble.

Except with the hypocritical religious authorities. Those he lit up.

Also, I'm disappointed that we've gone this many pages without anybody posting the History Channel "Aliens guy" meme. :tgrumble:

He did go into the Temple and toss some tables around, so he wasn't exactly a pushover and he did tell people when they were wrong, that they were wrong.

You can believe whatever rubbish you want and rubbish is what it is. If you are so sure he didn't do things a certain way, why is it you believe that but don't believe that he died for your sins so you don't have to burn in hell?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-11-2017, 10:14 AM
He did go into the Temple and toss some tables around, so he wasn't exactly a pushover and he did tell people when they were wrong, that they were wrong.

You can believe whatever rubbish you want and rubbish is what it is. If you are so sure he didn't do things a certain way, why is it you believe that but don't believe that he died for your sins so you don't have to burn in hell?

1. The temple was run by the Pharisees, aka those religious hypocritical authorities I mentioned.

2. At no point have I said what I do or don't believe regarding Christianity or religion in general. But I've got quite a background of experience, so when I'm saying what I believe he did and didn't do, know that I'm basing that belief on what I've read. From the source, aka ol' King Jimmy.

3. What I believe or don't believe doesn't matter to this point; but when you're trying to witness or share your faith, knocking down the other guy to say "How could you believe such an obvious crock of crap, you poor ignorant fool"... you're doing more harm than good.

Andrew NDB
05-11-2017, 10:17 AM

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2012/06/12-06-12-prometheus_sacrifice_jedi.jpeg

mrmaczaps
05-11-2017, 10:23 AM
1. The temple was run by the Pharisees, aka those religious hypocritical authorities I mentioned.

2. At no point have I said what I do or don't believe regarding Christianity or religion in general. But I've got quite a background of experience, so when I'm saying what I believe he did and didn't do, know that I'm basing that belief on what I've read. From the source, aka ol' King Jimmy.

3. What I believe or don't believe doesn't matter to this point; but when you're trying to witness or share your faith, knocking down the other guy to say "How could you believe such an obvious crock of crap, you poor ignorant fool"... you're doing more harm than good.

I didn't call anyone a fool... Their actions or beliefs foolish maybe, sure...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Dude. I know I'm a dick, but I try to be a self-aware dick.

Read your last few posts and pretend you're a Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, or atheist. Do you feel like Christianity is A) maybe the answer you've been looking for, or B) full of self-righteous prigs?

ProphetofGanja
05-11-2017, 10:32 AM

No, but you're definitely coming across as an ass. So much for "turn the other cheek". Whatever, have fun with your fairy tales

MsMarvelDuckie
05-11-2017, 10:39 AM
o.O Got a couple kid ghosts lurking around there, do ya? Nobody playing with your figures when you aren't looking? :trazz:

If ghosts were to have any basis in reality, gotta say... not a peep from my father in the almost year and a half that he's been gone. :ohwell: Although the auto parts store he as working at for his 'retirement job,' where my brother-in-law still works, has contributed various odd things to him. The weirdest prob being that the remaining driver supposedly, according to her, in the first several months following his death had found the radio station changed in the company truck a number of times, left on channels she didn't listen to and hadn't last left it on, but he'd have often left it on when he'd go deliver a part. (Supposedly the radio stations had been some play battle between them as drivers.) Second hand story, so do I believe it... I dunno. But she was the sole driver for a while after he passed and was, according to my bother-in-law, the only one using the truck at that time.

UFOs... Seen a couple odd things when I was 10.

Picture this. At about age 10 in early 1990 you had gone to bed. It's dark out, your lights are off, and you decide to have a look out the window. There are two objects up in the sky just kind of hanging there in the air unmoving. (A little distance to the south, not overhead.) They appear to be sold objects, possibly kind of round with a row of lights along the sides. Two of them, just sitting there in the air side by side. Silent. They're clearly not stars, and you damn well known airplanes can't hover and helicopters are noisy and have fewer lights... and certainly not in a line like that.

These objects sat there for a little bit. (While I half hid behind my curtain, afraid they would somehow see me. :tlol:) After a time, the one on the left just slowly moved off to the east then disappeared from view behind the roof of our back porch. The other sat there a short time longer, than slowly went west. Still no sound.

Seriously, what was that? In 1990. In northern Delaware. We're kind of the farthest thing possible from being any hotbed of secret military stuff, far from it. But it's hard to believe it would be just someone's toys either, not with the apparent height in the air and size they must have been... plus length of time just sitting there unmoving in silence.

Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland is prob the nearest military base, but that's still a reasonable distance. The only thing local of our own is the local National Guard simply keeps a few of the big C-130s at a small local airport. (There's the Dover Airforce Base in this state, but that's even further away.)

My mom was always like, "It was probably just a dream." No... I was a smart kid, before going back to bed I grabbed my journal and wrote down and drew what I saw, so I've got proof it wasn't a dream.

I have long wished to find some old report of it online, for some kind of answer or a claim from someone else having seen it.

Kid ghosts? Possibly. And as a matter of fact yes some of the figures on my desk DO fall over for no reason occassiionally. Always when those two shadows show up. Not bumped- just suddenly topple off their perch.

Hmm those two objects COULD have been satellites that were orbiting- sometimes on especially clear nights you can see one or two and they can appear to be much closer than they are. But who knows? Maybe ET came back for another visit....

No, not tv/movie bs. I am talking about actual accounts spanning all of history and even the Bible mentions visitations from spirits and supernatural events. Call them miracles if you like but voices and objects doing thing they shouldn't are nothing new in the Bible. Men who appear and disappear seemingly at will, etc.... You believe so stringly in what is written in a book and then discount incidents that are described very similarly? Interesting. My own study of all things "supernatural" or occult covers far more than just garden variety movie ghosts seeking revenge or forgiveness or whatever. As for going instantly, then explain why it tells in Revelations that the dead shall rise up THEN!! As in they have been sitting there waiting for the Rapture to go to heaven. That makes no sense if they are already rhere!! And that is just ONE reference that clearly contradicts what you just said about it being instant.

Can I "respect" a wrong viewpoint? I can ignore it, but thats not the same. And I didn't beat anyone down. You are free to believe whatever you want, but that doesn't mean its right. I didn't attack anyone, just made the statement that a time frame after death is null. You die, thats it. Game over. We are having a back and forth conversation and the forums are open to all comments. She responded to something I wrote, so I responded to what she wrote. I was further claryfying what I originally said. Its what i believe and again, anyome is free to learn from it or completely ignore it.

Now, if you want me to "beat you down" or whatever, feel free to PM me and we can have a chat about sin and eternal damnation. :tgrin: That would be off topic to discuss here. Haha

See, this is where the supposed superiority of one belief over another gets confused with "fact". We do not KNOW whose view is right or wrong unless we were to walk up to a Supreme Being/Power and ask. Since we can't really do that, it is presumptious to assume one's own view is the only possible "right" one and that another is automatically "wrong". They are called BELIEFS for a reason- they cannot be fully or accurately tested or proven one way or another- no matter what book we may get them from.

Based on statistics, I'm positive there is alien life out there somewhere. But has it visited us? I don't know. I do know that some really crazy things have happened on earth, and some people have had some really interesting encounters. It's also statistically likely that some UFO sightings have just been experimental aircraft (don't say "I believe in UFOs" or "I don't believe in UFOs" because literally all that term means is there was something in the sky that was not readily identified. If you're actually discussing the likelihood of alien life existing or having visited our planet then use the proper term, extraterrestrials, or just "aliens"). I have read a lot of crazy stuff about secret governments that have made contact with and entered into agreements with extraterrestrial/extradimensional lifeforms, and it's interesting to think about even if the veracity of the claims is dubious. I could talk for a while about the claims peple have made that aliens exist and have built deep underground bases or that the earth is hollow or that there are terrestrial beings that live within the earth. I don't think physics supports the hollow earth theory but it's a fun Jules Verne-type idea to think about.

As for ghosts, I think there are a few different scenarios. One, that emotions or events can sometimes leave impressions on our world that ripple throughout time, which lead to most ghost sightings or the witnessing of scenes from the past. Then there's the cases where a deceased person seems to interact with loved ones or objects or sometimes even random people (like a new family that's moved into a house) from beyond the grave. Is this likely? I don't know. Possible, maybe. I think it's fair to say that there are limits to current science and science will even admit that there are things it cannot measure and things that we don't even know we dot know yet, so there's always room for us to improve our understanding of the world. Then there's cases with very strange entities that do not seem to be of this world. Again, I think that science has limits and what may seem mystical or improbable is at least possible. I'm skeptical of most accounts and hauntings (because I think people's minds are often more powerful than they realize and they can fall victim to their own superstitions) but I recognize the need to keep an open mind.

So much all of this! I see you have an interest in the strange and unusual. Welcome to the club! Heh, cryptids- there's a subject I don't get to discuss often!

My past selves say hello. I have memories of at least three of them. Going back as far as early spear-hunters in Europe. Getting gored by a huge boar in the leg. Another in Tuscany in the Middle Ages. As a tavern server. And a Southern slave. And one in Gaul as a Roman soldier who hunted down escaped slaves but eventually deserted and was hunted in turn. These are memories as real and detailed as any from this life.

There is so much we do not know or understand about our own world and our own existence, that we may never learn. The quote in my siggy says it all- science has only scratched the surface; there is so much left to be revealed!

FredWolfLeonardo
05-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Everyone, lets please stick to the discussion topic to avoid being locked or sent into the disintegrator unit. I have alot more ghost stories I wanna share :)

Religion can be always be discussed in PM or elsewhere :)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Everyone, lets please stick to the discussion topic to avoid being locked or sent into the disintegrator unit. I have alot more ghost stories I wanna share :)

Religion can be always be discussed in PM or elsewhere :)

Then post them. I, for one, have been quite enjoying reading people's stories and experiences, even though I probably don't believe most of them.

Supernatural discussions are always going to involve religion.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Then post them. I, for one, have been quite enjoying reading people's stories and experiences, even though I probably don't believe most of them.

Supernatural discussions are always going to involve religion.

Yeah, I will soon when I get the time. I did post one, but thats just the tip of the iceberg.

I agree, religion and God will be mentioned in discussions like these and I am fine with that, but I think it shouldn't be the main topic as it will lead to flame wars and the main topic is about personal experiences rather then debating the theological truth.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-11-2017, 10:56 AM
I see it as somewhat relevant. Many religions have beliefs eegarding whether such things exist, and that tends to influence what people think about ghosts aliens or even fairies and cryptids.

Speaking of fairies- anyone have any thought on those? Sort if belongs in the same general box, I think. Have a few tales about them too. I guess I've been sensitive to otherworldly stuff all my life. Always seemed to have these things around me.

DisKosh
05-11-2017, 11:41 AM
I wish Nessie was real, but hard to see how such a creature would really thrive in the confines of a lake, large or not. Maybe some kind of creature was once there long ago (even if not a Nessie), but something large becoming landlocked in a lake doesn't bode well for the gene pool.

I read a book once and it turned out there were multiple creatures living in a loch and they had evolved to fit the smaller space so perhaps that's a possibility. Also, some people forget how vast Loch Ness is so that should be taken into consideration too.

I see it as somewhat relevant. Many religions have beliefs eegarding whether such things exist, and that tends to influence what people think about ghosts aliens or even fairies and cryptids.

Speaking of fairies- anyone have any thought on those? Sort if belongs in the same general box, I think. Have a few tales about them too. I guess I've been sensitive to otherworldly stuff all my life. Always seemed to have these things around me.

Fairies are aliens.
Let me explain: there have been fewer reported alien sightings since the notion of aliens became commonplace. Also, if you look at accounts of abductions by aliens and fairies there are some marked similarities e.g. missing time, bright lights, small humanoid figures etc.

They could also be creatures from a parallel universe which could explain many cryptids.

I believe in the paranormal but I also believe we need to be aware of the fakes and rule out every possibility before settling on a paranormal explanation.

I've only had one that could be genuine and it happened when I was around four which does reduce its credibility.
I couldn't sleep and I heard a voice whisper the word 'spirit'. The reason why it's strange was because I didn't recognise the voice. It also didn't seem to be localised, it didn't come from a direct yet it came from everywhere.
I wasn't scared, in fact the voice was so gentle and calming that I felt comforted. I didn't even think anything of it at the time and forgot about it until about five or six years later.

BubblyShell22
05-11-2017, 03:17 PM
I have never seen any fairies myself, but it would be pretty neat if I did.

AT-Man
05-11-2017, 03:41 PM
As a child I sometimes liked to pretend I had paranormal experiences, but I always knew they couldn't really happen. It still didn't help me to not be afraid of ghosts and monsters I saw in movies.

Vegita-San
05-12-2017, 09:38 AM
from the home ghost files.

unexplained loud BANGING noise that i can't find the source of. it sounded like some pots in a cabinet or something falling over, but it was LOUD and i have no idea where it came from because everything looks like it's in place and it scared the crap out of me as i was nowhere near a cabinet when it happened.

all the weird stuff tends to happen when i'm by myself with no witnesses to validate my sanity :). sigh.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Ever since I moved into my new apartment 2 months ago, I've been having experiences similar to those described by Vegita San, except that all of my flatmates (4) have validated my experiences and claimed they've experienced strange stuff.

Today at dawn, during the time of my morning prayer, I kept on hearing this distorted noise coming from my room, sounding somewhat like my phone alarm. It was like the noise was trying to distract me from prayer and devotion, and after realizing that I continued praying as I normally do without investigating until I finished. Turns out when I investigated, my phone didn't have any alarm go off and I couldn't find any reasonable explanation for this noise.

At other times, I've been hearing weird shuffling noises under my bed, like the noise made by rubbing the floor really hard. As far as I know, no rats have been found in our apartment and they aren't capable of making these kind of noises.

The most notable however was when I was home alone once and lying down in bed. Suddenly, my rubbish bins' plastic bag began shaking by itself. I saw and heard it clearly and when I went to check, there was no rat there.

My flatmates have all described similar things, from unidentified noises, to things moving and disappearing by themselves.

The weirdest thing of all is that one might expect me to be terrified, but I have learned to Live with the strange occurences. In these situations, my religious beliefs make me feel safe and I feel protected by anything paranormal when I bow down to God as a part of my daily prayers. Otherwise, I think I would've been freaking out pretty bad and either trying to desperately disprove my experiences or Tryong to move out of this very old apartment.

Vegita-San
05-12-2017, 04:12 PM
funny you mention the garbage bag.

that happened to me once too. a piece of garbage that was perfectly balanced on top of other stuff just sank down to the bottom like it was slowly being pushed.

of course, logic would dictate gravity. and it probably was. but, with all the other stuff ;o)..if they wanted my attention, i noticed it!

IndigoErth
05-12-2017, 06:00 PM
These door springs that make that weird noise:
Lhy-jK93hY4

Try hearing that when you're the only one in the house and had no pets at the time.

After weeks of my mom claiming to hear something that sounds like it now and then, sometimes when I was home, but did not hear it myself. She heard it now and then for a while after we'd lost a cat young. A cat who used to reach under my sister's bedroom door and play with one of those. (Sister regarded it as his doorbell.)

All those times my mom had asked me if I'd heard it too... nope. She thought maybe something in basement was making a noise. Then one day she was down there by the basement steps and heard it come from upstairs, near the top of the steps. And what is near the basement door? The other door that had that spring the cat used to play with...

She continued to be the only one hearing it. EXCEPT... for that one afternoon I'd come home from college classes and no one else was home. I hit the bathroom after putting my stuff away, and be damned if when I came out of that bathroom, the second I stepped foot into the hell, I heard that sound from my sister's room and froze.

Her room was a former den with two doors on opposite sides (and is in fact now the computer room I'm sitting in) and I was standing next to the opposite door which had been left open a little. So I wasn't next to the door in question, but it's a small room so it was still near enough and sounded exactly like that spring.

The cat only taught himself that trick in the later part of his young life, and I didn't/don't really have much recollection of seeing or hearing him do that since it wasn't my room. I saw him maybe only once from the kitchen side reaching under the door. So it pretty much rules out some 'residual' memory mind trick... But it's one of those couple of experiences that has always made me wonder.

I wasn't really freaked out or anything, maybe just a little weirded out. I mean it was harmless, but just very strange to hear, esp after my mom had kept hearing it... I waited in the living room for her to get home and tell her that I finally heard it and that it definitely came from my sister's room.

And no, it wasn't my sister playing tricks of any kind. She wasn't home, nor was or is she any kind of practical joker. Not now, and not back then as a middle schooler. She oddly never heard it herself, or at least never said so. I imagine she'd have freaked and we'd have known about it. She largely just did not want to hear about it from my mom and I. :lol: I only ever heard it that one time, and it didn't really go on all that long, just a few months maybe.

Although at some point that spring ended up bent and would no longer make that noise. I don't know if it was just accidental or if maybe my sister did it on purpose.

She did hear the same "meow" the rest of us individually heard as well. I'd heard it two or three times at the pantry/cupboard door when I was standing there looking for something. The cat food had been kept in there... Just a single meow, nothing more. Eventually I mentioned it at the dinner table and they looked at me with big eyes, because they'd had the exact thing happen standing at the same cupboard.

That kind of makes me a little sad though if there was really something to it, but they don't know they're dead and don't understand their family no longer interacting with them anymore.

BubblyShell22
05-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Once our kitchen door swung open and neither my mom nor my dad or myself opened it so we figured it was one of our deceased relatives playing a trick on us.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-12-2017, 07:07 PM
If I heard those door springs in my house go off like that at random intervals, I would be down to earth terrified if I didn't know their cause.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-12-2017, 07:10 PM
These door springs that make that weird noise:
Lhy-jK93hY4

Try hearing that when you're the only one in the house and had no pets at the time.

After weeks of my mom claiming to hear something that sounds like it now and then, sometimes when I was home, but did not hear it myself. She heard it now and then for a while after we'd lost a cat young. A cat who used to reach under my sister's bedroom door and play with one of those. (Sister regarded it as his doorbell.)

All those times my mom had asked me if I'd heard it too... nope. She thought maybe something in basement was making a noise. Then one day she was down there by the basement steps and heard it come from upstairs, near the top of the steps. And what is near the basement door? The other door that had that spring the cat used to play with...

She continued to be the only one hearing it. EXCEPT... for that one afternoon I'd come home from college classes and no one else was home. I hit the bathroom after putting my stuff away, and be damned if when I came out of that bathroom, the second I stepped foot into the hell, I heard that sound from my sister's room and froze.

Her room was a former den with two doors on opposite sides (and is in fact now the computer room I'm sitting in) and I was standing next to the opposite door which had been left open a little. So I wasn't next to the door in question, but it's a small room so it was still near enough and sounded exactly like that spring.

The cat only taught himself that trick in the later part of his young life, and I didn't/don't really have much recollection of seeing or hearing him do that since it wasn't my room. I saw him maybe only once from the kitchen side reaching under the door. So it pretty much rules out some 'residual' memory mind trick... But it's one of those couple of experiences that has always made me wonder.

I wasn't really freaked out or anything, maybe just a little weirded out. I mean it was harmless, but just very strange to hear, esp after my mom had kept hearing it... I waited in the living room for her to get home and tell her that I finally heard it and that it definitely came from my sister's room.

And no, it wasn't my sister playing tricks of any kind. She wasn't home, nor was or is she any kind of practical joker. Not now, and not back then as a middle schooler. She oddly never heard it herself, or at least never said so. I imagine she'd have freaked and we'd have known about it. She largely just did not want to hear about it from my mom and I. :lol: I only ever heard it that one time, and it didn't really go on all that long, just a few months maybe.

Although at some point that spring ended up bent and would no longer make that noise. I don't know if it was just accidental or if maybe my sister did it on purpose.

She did hear the same "meow" the rest of us individually heard as well. I'd heard it two or three times at the pantry/cupboard door when I was standing there looking for something. The cat food had been kept in there... Just a single meow, nothing more. Eventually I mentioned it at the dinner table and they looked at me with big eyes, because they'd had the exact thing happen standing at the same cupboard.

That kind of makes me a little sad though if there was really something to it, but they don't know they're dead and don't understand their family no longer interacting with them anymore.

We have had something like that. Once in a while I will feel a small weight "land" on our bed after we turn in for the night. We have one cat (Angel) who likes to "make her patrol round" at bedtime but this is always after that and she is never in the eoom when it happens. Just a small weight moving on the bed for a few moments and it usually ends up on the foot of my side. I can feel something on tip of the covers by my feet, but reach down and nothing is there. We think it might be one of our past kitties, who disappered under suspicious circumstances.

BubblyShell22
05-13-2017, 06:37 AM
That is cool, Duckie, and I agree that pets can also come back as spirits to keep an eye on their loved ones.

Candy Kappa
05-13-2017, 10:10 AM
I have for the most part of my life lived in old houses, it's not until I got my own place that's not from the 50's. My dads farm place is around 200 years old, likewise with my grandma's home, the house my mom had while I was in grade school was over a 100 years old. And living close to a airport and church for 20 years have made me fairly accustomed to weird noises and whatnots.

I've never encountered anything ghostly, but my mom said she saw a human figure sitting over her in her bed in the old house, happened once and she found out that the owner's dad died in that room. But I had that room as a bedroom for the longest time when we lived there, and nada.

I'm more worried to meet a moose with a calf or a wolf at my front door then meeting a ghost. There's a bigger chance meeting one of those two then angry spirits, and I live close to a forest.

TMNT_Guy
05-13-2017, 02:30 PM
I've had some weird experiences that I can't explain and I would just write these things of as me being young and I just imagined most of these things, but I've experienced some of these things with other people around so unless I take mass hysteria into account I don't have a logical explanation for these things. A lot of my experiences are the standard "hearing weird noises/music in another room but when you go to the other room the noises stop and nothings there" stories you hear about. But these three experiences stick out to me the most.

My sister when we were young would say she would see "things", I still don't know what they were so I'm hesitant to call them "ghosts", she never really talked about them much but they would sure upset her. I would never see anything, I'd just hear the usual "weird noises" like I mentioned before, but one day I woke in the TV room(Our parents let us stay up as long as we wanted on weekends as long as we were quiet.) and saw a skeleton on the wall. It never moved and was completely black and white, transparent and completely flat like it was coming from a film projector. If this had been in a movie it would've been laughed at for being a cheap and fake looking effect, but obviously this wasn't a movie, so I just stared at this floating skeleton on the wall in confusion for a bit. I wasn't really scared at the time, funny considering what a big coward I used to be, just confused at what was going on. My sister was already in the room with me when I woke up and was looking in the same direction I was so I asked her the obvious question of "What is that?". My sister turned her head to me and replied in a shocked voice "You see it too?". We stared at it for a bit more in silence before it just completely vanished before our eyes. It didn't move or dissolve away, it just vanished like a cheap jump cut effect on Bewitched. We of course told our parents and we got the standard "there's nothing to be afraid of" parent talk. But this is where things get really weird. When I described what we had saw to our parents my sister added that the skeleton was on fire. How could we both just randomly see a small transparent skeleton on the wall and both see it in similar but different ways? Is the fact that we both saw it in different ways prove that we both imagined it? Was it just our imaginations and we both just happened to coincidentally imagine a ghostly skeleton on the same wall in the same room at the same time? I still don't know.

Latter I had an experience when I was just walking through the hall way to the kitchen when I distinctly felt someone tap me on the shoulder twice like you do when your trying to get someone's attention. I didn't even take the time to look behind me because I ran faster then Shaggy and Scooby out of the hall way. When I did get out of the hall way and looked behind me of course nothing was there. It's just another one of those things that I just can't explain.

I never did see anything again, but my sister continued to see things. My parents finally did something when she told my Dad in tears that she saw these things running up to him a kicking him. My parents asked our priest to come over and bless our house. After that everything stopped. The weird noises everyone used to hear went away and most importantly my sister stopped seeing those weird things. Did our priest's blessings drive out whatever was in our house or did his actions simply relieve our minds and cause our wild imaginations to disappear? As a Christian and still believer in God I honestly don't know. How could I? I wouldn't have any major paranormal experiences until years latter around the time I started my Jr. year of school

My sister couldn't get enough of that Ghost Hunters show and asked me to go around the house with our Dad's cell phone to try and catch one of those EVP recordings on the show. I didn't want to but my sister begged me to because she didn't want to do it alone. I agreed and we went to every room in the house asking question you normally hear them ask on those Ghost Hunting shows. Surprisingly we did get one and of all the rooms in our house it happened in my room. I asked the question "What's your name?". At the time we heard nothing, but when we played the recording latter we heard a deep voice softly and clearly reply "No one.". The voice had a voice similar to the kind of effect you'd hear if you took a voice recording and slowed it down so it sound deep and distorted. I don't know what happened to the recording, it was my Dad's cell phone and he's had about three of them since then. He usually holds on to old things so it's possible he may still have it somewhere.

I haven't had anything "paranormal" happen to me since then and to my knowledge neither has my sister. I still don't know what my experiences were. If all of these things happened to me while I was alone I'd just say I'm crazy and move one, but the fact that other people can confirm some of my experiences leads me to think that there is something out there. Call them what ever you want, ghosts, poltergeists, demons, whatever. But I do believe there's something out there that science or otherwise hasn't managed to figure out yet. At this point I can't help but feel crazy to think anything else.

Cure
05-13-2017, 02:34 PM
I see my cats staring at junk that isn't there sometimes.

BubblyShell22
05-13-2017, 03:29 PM
When Toby lived here, he would often stare at the front door or the kitchen door and sit like someone was there and just stare at the door for a while.

IndigoErth
05-14-2017, 12:35 PM
I hate when cats do that. They are creepy animals. :lol: Stop staring up at some random corner of the room!

MsMarvelDuckie
05-14-2017, 02:51 PM
They can't help that they see things we can't! I bet if they could talk they would have some interesting stories to tell.

BubblyShell22
05-14-2017, 03:07 PM
Yep, animals can sense a lot of things we can't and can probably see a lot of things the normal human eye can't.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-16-2017, 08:05 PM
Although I do have 2 cats, I've never seen them looking at some empty wall intently as if somethings there, they usually just tend to look outside the windows and watch for hours on end as if its their television.

Anyways, I've had quite a few instances of sleep paralysis in the past. I don't think instances of sleep paraylsis necessarily indicate something paranormal and could be Just our imaginations, but the experiences I've had with it are still really, really creepy.

For instance, 4 years ago:it was just another normal night as I fell asleep. Only to wake up early in the morning completely immobile. Other than my eyes being able to look around, my body was downright frozen and it felt terrifying. However, that wasn't the worst part. I felt something cold and bony grip my shoulder, the physical sensations felt very, very real.

I looked at whatever was grabbing my shoulder and I regret looking at it to this day. There it was, very a skinny, old, long and wrinkly hand with exra long and sharp nails holding on to my shoulder. Next thing after I looked at it, I clearly heard what sounded like a deep elderly woman whisper into my ear with a demonic voice, followed by laughter. I wasn't able to make out what it said as it was either gibberish or I was too scared to comprehend it, but it felt very evil no doubt, especially due to that laughter at the end.

I eventually broke free of the sleep paralysis and looked around but nothing was there. This was NOT a dream, it was most definetly happening as I was awake.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-16-2017, 10:15 PM
That sounds similar to one I had a while back. Except instead of a woman it was a man and he was breathing heavy and trying to choke me. It was scary because I called out and my husband woke up and saw it too. Him waking must have scared it off because he saw the thing one other time in the hall and yelled at it to leave. It hasn't appeared since.

IndigoErth
05-16-2017, 11:01 PM
I do not envy people who have experienced sleep paralysis. Given that paralysis typically happens during the period of sleep that dreaming occurs as a defense mechanism, I've always assumed (and probably read somewhere) that things people see may often be hallucinations of a partly still-dreaming mind, but even so it sounds scary as hell. :ohwell: (Not suggesting that's necessarily the case for you guys. Though it sounds scary enough I think I'd be hoping it was if something like that happened to me. :teek:)

I can kind of see how dreams and the real world can end up mixed together in ways though... Thank god no sleep paralysis here, though occasionally, if my tv is on, things I'm hearing from the tv will end up as part of a dream, and can turn out really weird. Plus the time many years ago that I'd drooled all over my hand and dreamed that my hand was cold and bloody. (Then woke up startled for a moment because it still felt that way. lol)

Anyway, on the topic of paranormal... Recalled that my mom has always told one that's kind of fits right into a stereotypical book of spooky stories. She'd appanetly once clear as day heard someone knock on the front door. Nobody there. It was winter, with snow on the ground...and no foot prints. Supposedly happened when I was a young kid, but I don't recall the event. I'm kind of torn between maybe she didn't tell me until years later as to not scare me...or did she dream it. She swears it happened.

Also a handful of years ago my mom, I guess kind of in her peripheral vision, had seen a dark colored cat walk through part of the dining room. She looked toward it and... no cat. She asked my dad who was then also confused because he'd seen it too.

If it was one of our former cats then I doubt it was the one I'd mentioned before since he was about equal portions black and white, but another we'd lost some years before him (and was his buddy for a while) was a dark gray tabby.

ProactiveMan
05-17-2017, 03:01 AM
I got really interested in the Fermi paradox a while back. Kurzgesagt (a YouTube channel) did a couple good videos on it

I was into that stuff for a while too; astrophysics truly is the practice of pulling things out of one's ass, in the most scientific way possible way.

Re: ghosts. I read a thought provoking article once about a correlation between ghost sightings and faulty wiring. The theory is that magnetic fields generated by badly insulated electrical cable may be able to mess with your brain's electrical activity. That may explain why people tend to see ghosts in old buildings. Is it because people died in those places, or because the wiring is old and crappy?

MsMarvelDuckie
05-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Yet this does not explain sightings in cemetaries parks and other places with no electrical wiring at all....

Vegita-San
05-27-2017, 08:51 PM
something a little weird.....

watching the ghost adventures marathon. dog starts whining in another room. go up and she's staring blankly at the wall ceiling and it kind of freeks me out a bit so i give her a treat to distract her. she did that once before at 2AM. stared at the wall and moved her head back and forth like she was following something.

a little after that, i felt a cold chill pass by...and i'm in a room with no windows.

Just another odd experience no one will believe, so i usually keep them to myself: )

Cure
05-27-2017, 10:09 PM
something a little weird.....

watching the ghost adventures marathon. dog starts whining in another room. go up and she's staring blankly at the wall ceiling and it kind of freeks me out a bit so i give her a treat to distract her. she did that once before at 2AM. stared at the wall and moved her head back and forth like she was following something.

a little after that, i felt a cold chill pass by...and i'm in a room with no windows.

Just another odd experience no one will believe, so i usually keep them to myself: )

What a unique experience, not cliched and made up at all.

BubblyShell22
05-28-2017, 06:19 AM
As I said, animals tend to sense things and see things that we don't see or sense. Sounds like a pretty freaky thing.

Vegita-San
06-25-2017, 07:38 PM
two odd occurances.

father jokingly mentioned ghosts while sitting on the front porch. he saw the shadows of people walking, but the people walking hadn't come into view yet. i turn my gae back and we BOTH notice the side of my sleeve flip up in a very weird angle, stay there for a second, and flip back down. I wasn't moving my arm, and there was no wind and he noticed it first. which is odd cause he doesn't believe in ghosts. it was like someone was tugging at my shirt sleeve.

second thing happened today. over by my neighbors house. all of a sudden her shut door opens itself, stopping conversation on a dot. we didn't notice if the door was shut all the way like the door next to it, or if it was just loosely cloosed and wind blew it open, but there was a charge in the air in how the conversation suddenly hushed up and all three heads turned to notice this door slowly open by itself.

So, I would put that under odd occurrence.

Vegita-San
07-25-2017, 06:31 AM
some office activity.

we had someone come by the office whos daughter is supposedly a psychic. since, also supposedly, ghosts follow these people around, i figured maybe we'd catch something interesting this weekend. i think we did.

both files happened around midnight to 2am on a saturday night.

one is a VERY clear knocking noise, three knocks. the other something sounds like it got dropped, or thrown with a clear bounce sound.

https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/knockbangthrow

newfan
07-25-2017, 07:48 AM
I would usually look for an explanation that isn't paranormal as often there is one, still some things can't be explained. I've only had a minor thing once or twice which has caught my attention but nothing like the experiences some of you have had.

snake
07-25-2017, 08:40 AM
I found ectoplasm in my pants after I woke up in the mdidle of the night once.

Vegita-San
07-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Our Office Rem Pod just went off twice for the first time in a year during the daytime. stopped me dead in my tracks too cause it was totally un expected.

it only went off three times at night in a year.

snake
07-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Are you a Ghostbuster?

Vegita-San
08-01-2017, 03:13 PM
bought this little sucker. almost afraid to try it...considering out rem pod is going off in the dday now.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20479761_10155375419415211_4632486631701060521_n.j pg?oh=697252ddb4d77d7782eec5423a7b0591&oe=5A37D986

Cure
08-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Hahaha, oh my God.

snake
08-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Hey Vegita-San, if you send me $500 over Pay-Pal I'll send you a "Ghost Rock". I heard they can communicate with spirits.

Powder
08-01-2017, 03:40 PM
"Ghost Rock"

My new slang term for a tombstone. :tlol:

BubblyShell22
08-01-2017, 03:47 PM
That machine looks cool. Let us know if it works.

Cure
08-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Hey Vegita-San, if you send me $500 over Pay-Pal I'll send you a "Ghost Rock". I heard they can communicate with spirits.

Man, you know your offer is falling on blocked ears.

CyberCubed
08-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Is Vegita-san for real? Every time he reveals something new about his life I'm sitting here flabbergasted.

snake
08-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Man, you know your offer is falling on blocked ears.

This is the real deal. No way he'll pass up on this one.

eskater
08-06-2017, 10:51 PM
I only have one story. I grew up Catholic although I wouldn't say I'm a very good practicing one and to a larger extent my parents would probably be in the same boat. But there's one story that floats around my family about an experience my dad had when he was younger living in a small village in Mexico that seems to get validated by more and more people in my family the older I get. It's about a ghost rider (or what I call it now these days).
When dad was younger he was kind of a rebellious, headstrong kid. One night he wants to go out on his horse but my grandmother adamantly tells him not to go, that he should be afraid of what goes on out there and of her, the details here get muddled a bit but the gist of this part is that he's rebelling against his mom. The next part is him saying he isn't afraid of anyone, no one not even the devil himself then goes outside and yells to sky for "the devil" or any demon to come at him if they dare.
He then goes out, because screw it right. At this point it's important to point out that he's in a remote village and his transportation from place to place is via horseback (that he swindled someone out of, that part is 100% accurate). After a bit of riding he sees someone behind him on horseback and he figures it's someone just trying to screw with him ;he bucks the horse to go faster to try to lose this guy jumping over fences and all sorts of stuff but when he finally turns back he sees that this guy is gaining on him. He gets a little scared and makes the horse go even faster and the guy keeps gaining on him more and more; finally he can get a good look at his face and he sees fire, an outline of a skull and fire coming out of it with eyes that pierce into him. From he on out he's freaking the F out. He overexerates his horse and finally makes it back home (at some point he decided it was probably best to try to turn around back to his village from another route). When he gets back home he's steaming and my aunt swears there was some ash on him. He never saw this "person" again, like anywhere and didn't even see where the guy headed off to after this.
This story was first told to me by my grandmother (I thought she was messing with me) then my aunts and finally one day I just asked my dad about it. The only thing he told me is that he still doesn't fear the devil (family is still at least somewhat devout Catholics) but that he does respect him (it/her whatever you want to go with). Now I know "paranormal" stuff or ghosts or demons or anything are usually things the mind can play tricks on you for. After all the mind can make up fake memories, those memories can be sort of "implanted" in your mind through various methods and a lot of this can even be implied through religious convictions as well; I still second guess this story honestly but this is by far the realest paranormal thing I've ever felt come from anyone especially from my family. Anyway that's my only "paranormal" experience I can attest to.

FredWolfLeonardo
08-06-2017, 11:18 PM
eskater, thanks for your story, sounded pretty fear inducing. I can't imagine being in your father's position, what we went through sounds like pure nightmare fuel, and yet he still doesn't fear the devil? that truly takes guts even if it didn't really happen, since your father believes it did.

Vegita-San
08-07-2017, 01:27 PM
why does all the weird stuff happen when i'm home by myself?

just heard a weird sound that seemed like either a Drill going or some kind of weird muffled humming. hmmm..mmm..mmmmmm..mmm..mmmmmm

only lasted for 2 seconds. proably not paranormal, but it was a VERY weird and very loud sound that I have no idea where it came from on a rainy day when i know no one else is outside working on stuff...

just another odd occurance to file away.

Spike Spiegel
08-08-2017, 08:00 AM
My mother and I both saw a UFO in a city park about 12 years ago...

This huge saucer like object was spinning around in the night sky with various colored light patterns for at least 45 minutes.

Vegita-San
10-17-2017, 12:03 PM
I thought I started this one. no wonder i couldn't find it..

my newest experience is my wall hanging lightsaber. TWICE now I've found it hanging twisted and perfectly balanced on the wall nail it's hanging on. last time it twisted right. this time, while reading comics down stairs, i come back up just an hour ago and notice it twisting perfectly balanced facing left. only thing i could say is 'oh, come on, really?' there is no wind. the windows are not open. and there where no vibrations I noticed.

My Stay Puft Figure from mattel also has three small un explainable scratches on it as well. I just noticed those a few months ago.

all little weird things that make you think.

IndigoErth
10-22-2017, 02:59 PM
I can never really get past the skeptic in me, so do I believe it to really be something? Eh... There could always be some other explanation.

But it's really really odd that my vehicle just randomly smelled like coffee just before reaching my house while coming home from the store a little bit ago.

My immediate thought was maybe it came from a neighbor's house as I passed, just one or two down from us, but I dunno, it's a bit of a stretch to expect a coffee maker that is, knowing these house plans, likely in a kitchen at the back of a house and manage to moderately fill my vehicle with the scent of coffee with the window only down just a little.

I figured maybe something outside just coincidentally smelling like it, but no... No coffee smell when I got out of the car.

Maybe it was nothing, but it was strange. I don't drink coffee, so nothing has ever been spilled, nor have I ever bought any or had it in the car.

The only real coffee drinker ever in my car once in a while was my dad, who will have passed 2 years (already :ohwell:) next month. And, well, if some "ghostly presence" of him would smell like something, it would definitely be coffee... lol

MsMarvelDuckie
10-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Every now and then Mr D will smell his dad's aftershave here in the apartment, and he passed from pancreatic caancer several years ago. Or the recliner in the living room will creak and rock back a little. And there is a plush duck that will quack once and then be silent. It was a get well gift to his dad while he was ill with the cancer, and got passed to Mr D after he died.

newfan
10-23-2017, 02:04 AM
I've picked up the scent of someone who has passed previously, not sure if it's triggered by memory though.
Like Indigo I can be skeptical, but not closed off, people close to me have had experiences and I believe them, just I like to look for an explanation also, sometimes it can be easily explained, others, not so much :)

Vegita-San
10-23-2017, 07:46 AM
we've had strange smells happen randomly before. most noteably the huge cigars my grandfather used to smoke...has popped up recently.

I have the house to myself this week, and just before the other occupant left for vacation, something moved in my closet at 2AM. no idea what it was. joy :).