PDA

View Full Version : Fidget Spinners

The Deadman
05-11-2017, 06:08 PM
So this is apparently the new toy craze and I'm curious as to what the hell this thing is actually designed to do....

https://addictivefidgettoys.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Fidget-Spiners-Pictures-Circles_00000-450x450.jpg

ProphetofGanja
05-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Gotta spin fast

TigerClaw
05-11-2017, 06:32 PM
I heard some schools are banning these, because its causing distractions.

DestronMirage22
05-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Little bro's got one. Dragged me into going around looking for one. They're incredibly dumb.

IndigoErth
05-11-2017, 07:49 PM
I think I vaguely saw mention of something about "spinners" somewhere a couple days ago, but ignored it... Didn't know this was some kind of big thing.

I guess there is a button to press [edit: or a wheel?] in the middle and the thing, well, spins? Far cry from the days when something like the Tamagotchi was the must have. lol At least these should be cheaper.

I suppose if I had a desk job I could see having one sitting among a collection of other little things. Maybe I'll keep them in mind as gimmicky stocking stuffers.

Cure
05-11-2017, 07:52 PM
They're meant to help kids with ADD and whatnot, but it's gotten past that. They drive a teacher friend of mine nuts.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-11-2017, 08:54 PM
But... what ARE they? Do they do anything? Do they just spin and that's it?

Cure
05-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Yeah, they just spin.

rPjyjuvuooI

Netkeeper
05-11-2017, 09:15 PM
What, you don't know what fidget toys are for? Anxiety, ADHD, autism, among other conditions

IndigoErth
05-11-2017, 09:25 PM
If they were just fooling with it in one hand while working on class assignments, it doesn't sound like too big of a deal, but if they're all noisy like in that video I can see how that's rather distracting and crazy making for teachers.

I think I'd be finding other cheap and quieter objects, like crazy looking stress balls or something, and give them a small incentive to earn one and play with that in class instead...

Netkeeper
05-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Yeah, if they're being loud with it then it should be replaced with something quieter. Having it around doesn't do any harm but schools are very uptight about what's considered a "distraction"

Coola Yagami
05-12-2017, 12:38 AM
They're not as noisy in real life, that's just the mic being real close to them for 'effect' or whatever. They're basically today's clackers, just a lot smaller and a hell of a lot less noisier.

BubblyShell22
05-12-2017, 06:53 AM
They're supposed to help with anxiety disorders and help kids focus better, but I think they're more of a distraction from lessons than anything. My mom thought about getting some for my nephews, but I told her that I could see them messing with them and not paying attention to their work like they should be.

MikeandRaph87
05-12-2017, 06:56 AM
I heard some schools are banning these, because its causing distractions.

These things popped up out of nowhere this semester. I took one from a student yesterday. Its supposed to help people with ADHD but its become the second biggest distraction at the high school I work at aside form smart phones. Teens are going out of there way to order them. It seems like it was meant to help a specific group but became a trend among the overall.

Netkeeper
05-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Yeah and you're going to confiscate it from someone that might need it? :ohwell: You sound like the teachers that'd try to take my sunglasses when I had a doctor's note for them.

snake
05-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Yeah and you're going to confiscate it from someone that might need it? :ohwell: You sound like the teachers that'd try to take my sunglasses when I had a doctor's note for them.

Trust me, no one who has one of these things actually needs them. I've seen 4 confiscations already.

MikeandRaph87
05-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Its a fad, Netkeeper. Most people that have them dont need them. Students were doing colonial America PowerPoint presentations yesterday. The student was using it like a spinner top and didn't put it up upon my request only to have it drop at the foot of a presenter so I picked it up and will give it back after he completes my final 10 days drom now.

sdp
05-12-2017, 03:46 PM
How dare those evil schools take away the one thing that helps special needs kids.

#whytrumpwon

Cure
05-12-2017, 03:52 PM
How dare those evil schools take away the one thing that helps special needs kids.

#whytrumpwon

Yeah, for real. I'm sure there are more effective ways that are less distracting to everyone else. These things aren't even completely proven.

snake
05-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Honestly, they're more distracting than "focusing".

Cure
05-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Honestly, they're more distracting than "focusing".

So with all the confiscations you've seen, does everyone just have one? You would know best.

Netkeeper
05-12-2017, 04:08 PM

#whyRumpwon
I'm sorry that this is a personal issue for me? I was one. And I got a lot of **** from teachers or hall monitors that didn't believe me when I said I was perfectly allowed to do something that was outlined on my IEP or I had a doctor's note for.

I was handcuffed over this kind of ****. 12 years old. While continually screaming "I don't want trouble".

Netkeeper
05-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Like, listen, school was literal hell for me. Authority and peers alike had their time to **** me over. There was one particular hall monitor that blocked my way out of the bathroom and threatened to get me expelled if I so much as touched her. Then when I walked underneath her, she lied and said I hit her.

I had a teacher in the middle of my IEP meeting ask everyone "okay, am I going to be needed at all here? can I go now?" after being asked how I behaved in his class.

I've had teachers that I wasn't even in the class of stop me in the middle of walking to my next class before the bell rings, MAKE me take of my sunglasses because I didn't have my doc note right there right now

So sorry that all of this hits a personal ****ing nerve for me. I have nightmares that are nothing but me ending up at school again for whatever reason. That's how horrifying it was of an experience for me.

So don't give me **** just because I'm worked up over this. If you'd experienced what I did too, you'd be right here with me. Let's not forget I got bullied for those noticeable special needs, kids would take anything from me they could because they knew I had permission -- one girl tried to fight me IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LESSON because she got her ipod confiscated while I was allowed to have mine out and got jealous.

Another kid stole my god damn calculator because my IEP said I was allowed to use one at all times. When I left the classroom to go somewhere, I carted my entire bag with me because if I didn't it'd all be gone by the time I got back, I've even had my locker broken into.

So don't mock me because I'm worked up over something. Don't ****ing mock me because I had a ****** time in an institution you didn't experience that kind of brutality in. And for any non-Americans especially, since your schools aren't ****ing [I]prisons. You might also want to note that Nevada was ranked among the very bottom for US schools while I was attending them.

snake
05-12-2017, 04:28 PM
So with all the confiscations you've seen, does everyone just have one? You would know best.

Yeah, pretty much. People just whip them out. I don't have one because I don't want to spend my money, but I played with my little brother's spinner before. Fun stuff.

Oh, it's another "Netkeeper goes nuclear" episode.

Netkeeper
05-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Oh, it's another "Netkeeper goes nuclear" episode.
Oh shut the **** up. I'm perfectly calm. You don't know what my nuclear is.

ProphetofGanja
05-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Like, listen, school was literal hell for me. Authority and peers alike had their time to **** me over. There was one particular hall monitor that blocked my way out of the bathroom and threatened to get me expelled if I so much as touched her. Then when I walked underneath her, she lied and said I hit her.

I had a teacher in the middle of my IEP meeting ask everyone "okay, am I going to be needed at all here? can I go now?" after being asked how I behaved in his class.

I've had teachers that I wasn't even in the class of stop me in the middle of walking to my next class before the bell rings, MAKE me take of my sunglasses because I didn't have my doc note right there right now

So sorry that all of this hits a personal ****ing nerve for me. I have nightmares that are nothing but me ending up at school again for whatever reason. That's how horrifying it was of an experience for me.

So don't give me **** just because I'm worked up over this. If you'd experienced what I did too, you'd be right here with me. Let's not forget I got bullied for those noticeable special needs, kids would take anything from me they could because they knew I had permission -- one girl tried to fight me IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LESSON because she got her ipod confiscated while I was allowed to have mine out and got jealous.

Another kid stole my god damn calculator because my IEP said I was allowed to use one at all times. When I left the classroom to go somewhere, I carted my entire bag with me because if I didn't it'd all be gone by the time I got back, I've even had my locker broken into.

So don't mock me because I'm worked up over something. Don't ****ing mock me because I had a ****** time in an institution you didn't experience that kind of brutality in. And for any non-Americans especially, since your schools aren't ****ing [I]prisons. You might also want to note that Nevada was ranked among the very bottom for US schools while I was attending them.

What did they put on your IEP? I assume the sunglasses were for sensitive eyes or something but what about the ipod? I ask merely out of curiosity, having attended many IEP meetings myself for work.

Netkeeper
05-12-2017, 04:42 PM
What did they put on your IEP? I assume the sunglasses were for sensitive eyes or something but what about the ipod? I ask merely out of curiosity, having attended many IEP meetings myself for work.
I had permission from the teacher in specific for the ipod, that one wasn't IEP, but my IEP dictated that I got to sit closest to the instructor, I could leave the room and see the counsellor whenever I needed to, I could use a calculator whenever I needed one, even on tests, I think there were other things that I forgot because it's been so long now, thank god. Those are the things I used the most.

The sunglasses are because I was born with sensitive eyes, yeah. My mom said that even as an infant I couldn't be taken outside without something blocking the light because I'd do nothing but scream and cry, and as an adult, it makes my eyes water. One time after I went outside to take the dog out, I forgot my glasses and had to come inside to get them but by then tears were already just kinda gushing. It makes my eyes sting so bad when I cry, too, so it sucks, lmao

My bedroom has blackout curtains so I can 100% control what light is in the room at any time and I have a browser extension that lets me edit the css styling of any website to give it a dark background easier on my eyes. I taught myself css when I was like 12

sdp
05-12-2017, 04:46 PM
me me me me me me

What does any of this have to do with fidget spinners?

Netkeeper
05-12-2017, 04:58 PM
lol remind me why i respected you again

BubblyShell22
05-12-2017, 05:56 PM
I get why they may be calming for people who have anxiety disorders, but I feel that people who don't have said disorders can take advantage of these things and just use them at their leisure.

And I had a similar experience about the IEP thing because I was bullied by my LD math teacher when my mom wrote my math problems out and he accused me of having my mom do my work for me. She didn't do the work as I solved the problems on my own, but it was stated in my IEP that I was allowed to have a scribe if I needed one. Needless to say, my mom set him straight on that one pretty quickly and he didn't bother me about it again. But when he mocked me for it, I was ready to walk out of the class and I should have. So I definitely sympathize and understand where Net is coming from.

Cure
05-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Yeah, pretty much. People just whip them out. I don't have one because I don't want to spend my money, but I played with my little brother's spinner before. Fun stuff.

Yeah, that seems pretty distracting.

Powder
05-12-2017, 06:22 PM
me me me me me me

What does any of this have to do with fidget spinners?

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/graphicloads/colorful-long-shadow/128/Hand-thumbs-up-like-2-icon.png

Netkeeper
05-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Really? Even people that don't suck hate me? Wtf? **** all of you. I hate all of you. Go away all of you. Piss off all of you. I hate all of you. Go away. **** off forever.

Cure
05-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Really? Even people that don't suck hate me? Wtf? **** all of you. I hate all of you. Go away all of you. Piss off all of you. I hate all of you. Go away. **** off forever.

No one hates you but if you take a step back and really look at yourself, I'm sure you can see why you would get people to react negatively towards you. You have a history of lashing out and taking things personally when they really have nothing to do with you.

ProphetofGanja
05-12-2017, 07:43 PM

Anyways, has anybody here personally played with one of these spinners? It probably is pretty satisfying, I wouldn't mind having one but it'd probably get old after about five minutes. They definitely don't need to be in classrooms though

snake
05-12-2017, 08:10 PM

Anyways, has anybody here personally played with one of these spinners? It probably is pretty satisfying, I wouldn't mind having one but it'd probably get old after about five minutes. They definitely don't need to be in classrooms though

I have. It's pretty fun to play with while listening to music or browsing the internet.

ProphetofGanja
05-12-2017, 08:18 PM
I have. It's pretty fun to play with while listening to music or browsing the internet.

Those bearings really are pretty good eh? How long you reckon you can get it to spin for?

snake
05-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Those bearings really are pretty good eh? How long you reckon you can get it to spin for?

It depends. The one I used spun for a minute straight.

BubblyShell22
05-13-2017, 06:39 AM
They do seem fun to mess around with, but I haven't done so. I think if we did give my nephews the spinners, we would have to set a guideline that they can't play with them until their schoolwork is done.

Candy Kappa
05-13-2017, 09:50 AM
I don't have concentration issues due to ADHD or other conditions, so I don't really see the point of them as entertainment. But then again I've never been a fan of spinning tops or finger boards.

plastroncafe
05-13-2017, 09:53 AM
If you find them distracting, then you don't have the problem they were designed to correct.

Cure
05-13-2017, 11:27 AM
If you find them distracting, then you don't have the problem they were designed to correct.

Exactly, so they shouldn't be used in classrooms, where most people would find them distracting.

plastroncafe
05-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Exactly, so they shouldn't be used in classrooms, where most people would find them distracting.

So people who do need them shouldn't be allowed to learn?

Netkeeper
05-13-2017, 11:45 AM
/thread :lol:

snake
05-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Wow. Everything is a social-political issue now. The internet was a f*cking mistake.

Just pathetic.

plastroncafe
05-13-2017, 11:52 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/db/5c/c6/db5cc65cc9668e958fb8907929820da3.jpg

Cure
05-13-2017, 11:58 AM
So people who do need them shouldn't be allowed to learn?

They need to find something else. Sucks, but their learning shouldn't come at the expense of everyone else's learning. Besides, like it's been mentioned, these things need more research.

Candy Kappa
05-13-2017, 12:27 PM
I wonder if a "medical" spinner is less noisy then the one at the toy store. Or if it's as distracting as people say, or they're just being mean-spirited. Cause one of my classmates back in 1-5 grade had learning disability and had her own computer, and those old computers in the 90's made a whole lotta noise, no complaints.

plastroncafe
05-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I'm curious about that too.
Then again, I'm easily rankled by the whole, "distracted" excuse for why things aren't allowed in school. Mostly because I hear it being used as away to police what girls are wearing.

Candy Kappa
05-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Ankles and shoulders can be very distracting.

BubblyShell22
05-13-2017, 03:25 PM
I don't really see how these things would keep someone focused really. I can see how they would be soothing, but I think what they need to do is have the kids who need them go to a quiet room and use them so they don't deter the other students who don't need them. And students who don't need them shouldn't even have them.

snake
05-13-2017, 03:28 PM
They're loud as f*ck. Stop talking about sh*t you don't understand.

BubblyShell22
05-13-2017, 03:30 PM
I wasn't aware that they made a noise. I thought they were just spinners that made no noise. But if they do make a loud noise, then I definitely understand how they can be really distracting.

Candy Kappa
05-13-2017, 03:32 PM
They're loud as f*ck. Stop talking about sh*t you don't understand.

Not the one one kid had with her at the store I work at, but okay.

BubblyShell22
05-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Maybe it depends on how fast you spin it to how loud it is? I've never dealt with them so I wouldn't know. I saw a piece about them on The Today Show and it did seem noisy from what I heard.

snake
05-13-2017, 03:43 PM
Not the one one kid had with her at the store I work at, but okay.

Obviously not in a store. In a classroom? Yeah.

plastroncafe
05-13-2017, 03:51 PM
Are they a big thing where you go, Snake?

Friend of mine is a high school teacher, says they drive her nuts.
Almost as nuts as cellphones.

snake
05-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Are they a big thing where you go, Snake?

Friend of mine is a high school teacher, says they drive her nuts.
Almost as nuts as cellphones.

Huge. I know maybe 5 people who don't have one.

BubblyShell22
05-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Kind of sounds like the fads such as the slap bracelets and Tamagotchi/GigaPet phases we had back in the day.

Machias Banshee
05-13-2017, 07:37 PM
Ohhkay, things got a bit heated in here... :tconfuse:

I've heard of people using lil gadgets to deal with stress. My brother used to transport people with different disabilities to appointments and whatnot. He used to explain how music would help people with stuff, fidget cubes, gum, anything to help them. I'm a horrible pen clicker when I'm agitated.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder571/54839571.jpg

I remember the tamagotchi days and the snap bracelets, and even further back when people would flip Pogs at their desks (god, I'm old...). I'm thinking along the same line as Candy Kappa, if the manufacturing quality of the spinners affect the spinner being noisy or not...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-13-2017, 07:56 PM
I think one would be useful for me. If I get stressed, my hands need something to do. Playdoh is my current go-to... have a jar at my desk.

plastroncafe
05-13-2017, 09:14 PM
This is one of the reasons I picked up knitting.
Bonus: being stressed means more hats.

BubblyShell22
05-14-2017, 06:02 AM
I think it would be fine for stress relief if it calms someone down, but my issue is that they say it will help people focus better and I just don't see it.

Ah, Pogs. I remember those too.

Coola Yagami
05-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Not seeing how this can be a 4 page thread. They're cool, they spin, go buy one, thread locked, case closed.

Ninjinister
05-19-2017, 07:39 PM
What, you don't know what fidget toys are for? Anxiety, ADHD, autism, among other conditions

I don't understand this logic.

"How could the average person not know this thing the average person doesn't have a reason to know?"

I never heard a single thing about these until today when I saw 4 different articles about them. And one was about how the jury is still out on these being scientifically beneficial.

snake
05-19-2017, 08:00 PM
There's no research for this stuff. The percentage of people that would ACTUALLY need these is extremely small.

Netkeeper
05-19-2017, 11:47 PM
I don't understand this logic.

"How could the average person not know this thing the average person doesn't have a reason to know?"
Because I thought it was common knowledge

Candy Kappa
05-20-2017, 02:44 AM
There's no research for this stuff. The percentage of people that would ACTUALLY need these is extremely small.

Fidgeting have been shown to work.

BubblyShell22
05-20-2017, 07:07 AM
I don't buy this as an actual tool. Seems to me it would be more distracting than being able to get someone to focus.

plastroncafe
05-20-2017, 08:44 AM
Again:

If you're distracted by them, then you're not who they were designed for.

As for whether or not they're effective? They're use reminds me of an interview with Jim Carrey around the time of "When the Grinch Stole Christmas," where they brought in a specialist in resisting torture to help the actor with his heavy prosthetic makeup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXAv8RXmsrc

Cure
05-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Fine, it's not designed for most people. But when the people it was designed for use it, it affects the people around them, which are most likely students trying to pay attention to the lesson.

plastroncafe
05-20-2017, 10:31 AM
I don't think that's the case here.
I think it's a case of a productivity tool for a minority of folks becoming a novelty toy for the majority of folks.

Fidgets and other stim tools have been around for a long time, and are only now becoming an issue because people who don't need them want them...and then misuse them.

Which sucks for the folks whose ability to concentrate and not be distracted is actually improved by them.

Cure
05-20-2017, 10:41 AM
You're right, I see your point.

ProphetofGanja
05-20-2017, 12:30 PM
http://time.com/money/4774133/fidget-spinners-adhd-anxiety-stress/

Quotes:
Some experts do believe that so-called "fidgets" — silent, unimposing toys like squeezey balls or textured items like puddy — can provide some children with an outlet for brain stimulation to counteract hyperactivity in the classroom. But, says Anderson, “the distinction between those interventions and [fidget spinners] is that those interventions allow the child to move, but this particular intervention isn’t necessarily letting the child get their wiggles out, but rather play with a toy."

“Fidget spinners are giving fidgets a bad name," says Elaine Taylor-Klaus, co-founder of ImpactADHD, a coaching service that helps parents with children who have ADHD.

Dr. Mark Stein, director of ADHD and related disorders at the Seattle Children's Hospital and professor at the University of Washington, says fidget spinners should not overtake proven methods of treating the condition. “My worry is that they’re very much a distraction, not only to the child, but it distracts people from doing something that we know works,” Stein says.“It is worrisome that business is entering this area,” Stein adds. “Families with children with neurodevelopmental disorders are vulnerable and want to do everything they can do to help.”

Netkeeper
05-20-2017, 02:32 PM
I don't think that's the case here.
I think it's a case of a productivity tool for a minority of folks becoming a novelty toy for the majority of folks.

Fidgets and other stim tools have been around for a long time, and are only now becoming an issue because people who don't need them want them...and then misuse them.

Which sucks for the folks whose ability to concentrate and not be distracted is actually improved by them.
This is exactly what's happening, thank you for putting it in words I didn't know how to tackle

Zulithe
05-21-2017, 12:25 AM
I've seen so so sooo many fads like this come and go. All I gotta say, snake and others who have to be in classrooms with these things... it will go away... uhh, maybe not as fast as you'd like, but yeah. It's a fad.

Yo-yos have had several resurgences. Seen those come and go a few times.

hacky sacks.

yeah, those slappable bracelet things (already mentioned)

Gel/silly bandz

Tamagotchi

Tech Decks

beybaldes

POGS!

Obviously there are thousands of examples, but not a lot are small and cheap and easily brought into the classroom. Those are a few examples.

My impression is fidget spinners are INTENDED to be something that is fairly quiet and to yourself, and used as a mental aid. But when people start getting them to do "tricks" and crazy stuff on desks or whatever it's not operating as intended and probably can be noisy.

I can only imagine though, I'm not a kid and don't even know any kids... never even seen a fidget spinner IRL. haha. Only youtube videos.

Netkeeper
05-21-2017, 01:07 AM
omg I totally forgot that I used to bring my beyblades to school

I mean I did this with a lot of things, cards, tamagotchi, tech decks, but for some reason I always forget the beyblades. Saved up my lunch money for those.

joefsas
05-22-2017, 01:28 AM
Saw my nephew at the weekend who showed me his new spinner.
Got to admit I couldn't put it down :D

BubblyShell22
05-22-2017, 05:35 AM
Again:

If you're distracted by them, then you're not who they were designed for.

As for whether or not they're effective? They're use reminds me of an interview with Jim Carrey around the time of "When the Grinch Stole Christmas," where they brought in a specialist in resisting torture to help the actor with his heavy prosthetic makeup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXAv8RXmsrc

I know they aren't designed for me. I meant it would seem more distracting to someone with ADD who can't focus properly on anything. My nephews are like that and I think this tool would be more distracting for them and not help them to focus on their work. That's what I was getting at.

ProphetofGanja
05-22-2017, 01:49 PM
I know they aren't designed for me. I meant it would seem more distracting to someone with ADD who can't focus properly on anything. My nephews are like that and I think this tool would be more distracting for them and not help them to focus on their work. That's what I was getting at.

That's exactly it. Fidget spinners aren't great for people with ADHD because rather than giving them something to do while they focus on something else, all of their attention is devoted to the spinner. There are some studies that show that there is a benefit to letting children with ADHD move around/fidget at their desk during lessons, but not to excess. Some schools have had success with desks that have pedals the child can operate while they sit or with having the children sit on exercise balls.

BubblyShell22
05-22-2017, 03:10 PM
I'm glad you agree with me on this, Prophet, and that you see my point.

ProphetofGanja
05-22-2017, 06:30 PM
I'm glad you agree with me on this, Prophet, and that you see my point.

No problem. Helping people who have and who interact with people who have ADHD is a passion of mine as I work with many children who have it and I've struggled with it myself.

Eiko
05-22-2017, 09:46 PM
My Son has ADHD and all i can say is these things do nothing for him at all.

BubblyShell22
05-23-2017, 06:20 AM
No problem. Helping people who have and who interact with people who have ADHD is a passion of mine as I work with many children who have it and I've struggled with it myself.

That's cool. I don't have it myself, but my nephews do. One is also autistic while the other has Tourette's like his dad. They're pretty awesome kids though.

ProactiveMan
05-24-2017, 03:06 AM
Pfff. Someone was trying to recoup costs on surplus skate bearings and accidentally started a fad.

These things do the opposite of reducing stress for me. I see them spinning around at work all the time and they are starting to give me the sh!ts. Maybe I'll bring a pogostick in tomorrow and see how everyone likes that.

ProphetofGanja
05-24-2017, 06:57 AM
Pfff. Someone was trying to recoup costs on surplus skate bearings and accidentally started a fad.

Ha, probably

These things do the opposite of reducing stress for me. I see them spinning around at work all the time and they are starting to give me the sh!ts. Maybe I'll bring a pogostick in tomorrow and see how everyone likes that.

Man, I used to be the **** on my pogostick til a friend broke it. I've been thinking of getting a Vurtego (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwivtvrtyYjUAhXCRyYKHYJqDd0QFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vurtegopogo.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNH84XYI_LET6mlapBmZzXk4OrKsmA&sig2=hZo49EABioQbebkJ8d5JsA)for a couple years now

fyxoW21J7M8

plastroncafe
05-24-2017, 11:40 AM
My fidget cube got here last night. Best $5 I've spent in a long time.

ProphetofGanja
05-24-2017, 12:45 PM
My fidget cube got here last night. Best $5 I've spent in a long time.

What all does that do? There's a little clicker and something that spins right?

plastroncafe
05-24-2017, 12:54 PM
It's got buttons and slider and what not.
https://www.thefidgetcube.co/

ProphetofGanja
05-24-2017, 01:01 PM
It's got buttons and slider and what not.
https://www.thefidgetcube.co/

That's pretty cool. I think a fidget cube could work a lot better as a therapeutic tool than a spinner. A spinner is fun to play with but it pretty much takes up all your attention while you're using it. A fidget cube could be used in your pocket or with one hand while you're working

plastroncafe
05-24-2017, 01:03 PM
Yeah. That's why I bought it.

MikeandRaph87
05-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Today before 3rd period exams I had four kids and five fidget spinners in the classroom. I can't believe these came from out of nowhere May first and are now being sold at Hallmark and Ollie's Outlet and outnumbering the students in the room. :o

BubblyShell22
05-24-2017, 03:49 PM
The fidget cube sounds cool and pretty discreet so I can see how that would work.

Netkeeper
05-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Uh, Plastron... that site lists it as $20. On sale.

plastroncafe
05-24-2017, 04:04 PM
Uh, Plastron... that site lists it as $20. On sale.

I got mine for $5 on Amazon with a coupon.
:D

Netkeeper
05-24-2017, 04:08 PM
I got mine for $5 on Amazon with a coupon.
:D
You little ****, :lol:

plastroncafe
05-24-2017, 04:19 PM
You little ****, :lol:

You gotta be QUICK LIKE BUNNY!

EpochAir Fidget Cube Relieves Stress And Anxiety for Children and Adults Anxiety Attention Toy Black (https://www.amazon.com/EpochAir-Relieves-Anxiety-Toy/dp/B06VV8P3X3?tag=kinjadeals-20&ascsubtag=b122658b6959e61db712862cb1f111a7be38995c&rawdata=%5Bks%7Cnewsletter%5Bt%7Clink%5Bp%7C179550 3010%5Ba%7CB06VV8P3X3%5Bau%7C5727177402741770316%5 Bb%7Cdeals) - $7.99 (Use code EVASLN8O for discount)

EpochAir Fidget Cube Relieves Stress And Anxiety for Children and Adults Anxiety Attention Toy Matte Black and Green (https://www.amazon.com/EpochAir-Relieves-Anxiety-Toy/dp/B06WV9W89L?tag=kinjadeals-20&ascsubtag=3f2b6aae695618529546714d6019655c6b5440a3&rawdata=%5Bks%7Cnewsletter%5Bt%7Clink%5Bp%7C179550 3010%5Ba%7CB06WV9W89L%5Bau%7C5727177402741770316%5 Bb%7Cdeals) - $7.99 (Use code 46J4ZO33 for discount)

Netkeeper
05-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Oh, nice, thanks! That black and green especially looks fantastic.

Coola Yagami
05-24-2017, 07:32 PM
Having bought one now, it's actually a lot of fun. It's like... a distraction, but not bad enough to actually distract you from your work and I find whenever I do check the time, more time time has past than I expected, so it does help make the work day go faster.

sdp
05-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Well I finally got to play with a fidget cube and a fidget spinner, one of my students had them.

I guess the fidget cube as long as you don't use the noisy ones is ok since you could use it without anyone really noticing or whatever. I wouldn't get one personally.

The fidget spinner is crazy detracting, noisy and all around f-cking awesome. It's so simple and yet fun. I can see this getting old quick though, I doubt it'll survive 2017. And lmao at the whiny outrage culture; This is a toy as much as a yo-yo is and trying to justify it as some type of necessary thing to be allowed to be used is beyond ridiculous and even more than I originally thought now that I finally got my hands on one.

I do think they're cool, I may get one but I wouldn't really spend too much on one, I don't see me playing with it for too long.

CyberCubed
05-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Well I finally got to play with a fidget cube and a fidget spinner, one of my students had them.

Where do you teach? Regular public school? What grade are these kids using these in? I assume mostly elementary or middle school kids. Can't imagine 16-18 year olds in High School using these.

sdp
05-25-2017, 10:38 PM
At a University, but I'm not in the states and things get lost in translation so here it's seen more of a "it's cool in the US" instead of having the "it's for kids" stigma.

Coola Yagami
05-25-2017, 11:54 PM
I honestly don't see it as 'for kids'. Around here, lots of people are using them since I guess the fad just hit, but ironically.... I have yet to see an actual child use one. I see people ranging from early 20's to mid-30's walking around with the things.

I don't know, I just don't see them as a toy. It just.... is.

CyberCubed
05-26-2017, 01:39 AM
At a University, but I'm not in the states and things get lost in translation so here it's seen more of a "it's cool in the US" instead of having the "it's for kids" stigma.

I never knew you taught at university, was this just recently as in the last few years? I'm surprised then that 20 year olds are using these things regularly.

Netkeeper
05-26-2017, 08:49 AM
T57eyyil37g

sdp
05-26-2017, 06:28 PM
I never knew you taught at university, was this just recently as in the last few years? I'm surprised then that 20 year olds are using these things regularly.

It's a recent job, I'm kind of a free lancer since I am going to University in the evenings so I do various things in the morings as time allows me to before I gave classes/was an academic evaluator/coordinated a private school, I also work in translations, finance, evaluate companies and have a VR start up. This is why I can't find time to play video games :lol:

CyberCubed
05-26-2017, 06:48 PM
It's a recent job, I'm kind of a free lancer since I am going to University in the evenings so I do various things in the morings as time allows me to before I gave classes/was an academic evaluator/coordinated a private school, I also work in translations, finance, evaluate companies and have a VR start up. This is why I can't find time to play video games :lol:

Man, so this is why you don't have 2 hours of free time each night to either play videogames or marathon movies or TV shows? I always make sure I have 2 hours of freetime even on worknights to either play games or watch whatever TV shows/cartoons or movies I want to.

Working 24/7 is just going to kill you.

Andrew NDB
05-26-2017, 07:11 PM

Man, so this is why you don't have 2 hours of free time each night to either play videogames or marathon movies or TV shows? I always make sure I have 2 hours of freetime even on worknights to either play games or watch whatever TV shows/cartoons or movies I want to.

Working 24/7 is just going to kill you.

Have to agree with Cubed. Unless you really, really love what you're doing there then that sounds like it is approaching "what's the point of it all?" territory.

sdp
05-27-2017, 02:09 AM
Well I decided to finish off University so that cuts off a lot of hours per day, but I've only got a year left, it's not something permanent. I do a lot of things for work but I still work less than a normal full time job so I can't complain. And I do have free time, I just choose to do other things with it, I like to spend time with my significant other, run, martial arts, read, music. I still get to marathon a few shows, I just can't keep up with most of you :p I usually multi-task when watching shows and I can't do that while playing video games so that's also why I barely play them, I still like them though but they're a huge time sink.

But sometimes I do think I spend too much time doing unproductive/geeky stuff but I guess it's not such a waste of time.

MikeandRaph87
05-27-2017, 07:24 AM
Where do you teach? Regular public school? What grade are these kids using these in? I assume mostly elementary or middle school kids. Can't imagine 16-18 year olds in High School using these.

I teach 10th and 11th grade. The class that I mentioned that had fidget spinners which outnumbered the students during the exam period were 10th grade. All but one were 16 and one was 15.Its nothing but a strange fad.

Edit:
Are you referring to me, Keeper? No, I just am dismissing it. Do you see silly bandz anywhere? No. Its just a cheap product fad. I have only taken one and gave it back after class because the guy was turned around abd was spinning a glow and the dark one on the floor and he was one of the few who didn't pass the standardized test so he had an exam.Its what is always said about them, the fad is causing misyse of a useful product.

Teachers having time to marathon movies? Time to see a single movie on a weekend is about it.

Netkeeper
05-27-2017, 11:07 AM
Oh nooo spinners are so horrible so scary better take em away from all the kids including ones that cry right? Bet you're the type that would have enjoyed me crying

Powder
05-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Oh nooo spinners are so horrible so scary better take em away from all the kids including ones that cry right? Bet you're the type that would have enjoyed me crying

You need to get a grip.

Cure
05-27-2017, 03:32 PM

Jesus Christ, man.

snake
05-27-2017, 04:00 PM

Get in the real world, dude. Seriously.

billbot85
05-27-2017, 07:18 PM
I teach 10th and 11th grade. The class that I mentioned that had fidget spinners which outnumbered the students during the exam period were 10th grade. All but one were 16 and one was 15.Its nothing but a strange fad.

I teach 7th grade. Almost EVERY student at my school had these things until they finally got banned. Luckily, I don't see them too often now. If I do, I just tell the student to put it away before I have to take it.

BubblyShell22
05-28-2017, 06:18 AM

You completely missed the point of the post. The kid who had it probably didn't need it and was messing around with it just because he felt he could. Some of the people who use these things don't need them and are latching onto the fad because they feel it's the cool thing to do.

TigerClaw
05-28-2017, 09:55 AM
I bought one yesterday at a Valsan, though this one was cheap and I can't spin it sideways, cause the center doesn't have a good grip on it and it always slides from left or right to easily when I spin it, and this one has LEDs on it, but one of the LEDs is broken, so only two of them work.

I know they have better quality versions of these things out there.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA3H4KuXsAA-YEP.jpg:small

ProphetofGanja
05-28-2017, 10:15 AM
You completely missed the point of the post. The kid who had it probably didn't need it and was messing around with it just because he felt he could. Some of the people who use these things don't need them and are latching onto the fad because they feel it's the cool thing to do.

Nobody "needs" a fidget spinner

CyberCubed
05-28-2017, 11:26 AM
I teach 7th grade. Almost EVERY student at my school had these things until they finally got banned. Luckily, I don't see them too often now. If I do, I just tell the student to put it away before I have to take it.

Man, I can't believe we live in a world now where teachers are now TMNT fans or like comics, videogames, and TV shows in general.

When I was a kid the teachers were always old people who disliked any type of entertainment and just went home watching Jeopardy or "The Price is Right" and "It's 20/20 with Barbara Walters."

How times have changed. Nerd culture has taken over.

Coola Yagami
05-28-2017, 12:00 PM
Man, I can't believe we live in a world now where teachers are now TMNT fans or like comics, videogames, and TV shows in general.

When I was a kid the teachers were always old people who disliked any type of entertainment and just went home watching Jeopardy or "The Price is Right" and "It's 20/20 with Barbara Walters."

Teachers are people too you know.

Nerd culture didn't take over in the way you're thinking. Your teachers were already old and didn't care about the 'new' cartoons at the time but they probably still like/miss their cartoons from back in their day.

Modern teachers ARE those kids that watched Tmnt back in the 80s. Just like the teachers of tomorrow are the kidd watching Steven universe today.

sdp
05-28-2017, 12:43 PM
Exactly, I had plenty teachers who liked Bugs Bunny or Disney characters but they didn't like the cool stuff of the 90s for example so I thought of them as weird. Sure I liked Bugs and Mickey I guess but they didn't compare to Power Rangers or Zelda.

But yeah even in High School my French teacher watched Toon Disney and loved Kim Possible, making constant Kim Possible references in her class. My Physics teacher was also a big nerd and loved Star Wars, Lord of the Ring, D&D among other things. He had a huge bookshelf in his class full of sci-fi novels.

I'm sure it's more prominent now though since geek culture is officially mainstream and has been for all of the 2010's so your average Joe who is a jock but walking around with his TMNT shirt, this sorority girl with a Captain America logo and so on. I personally don't like it but most of the geek community has learned to embrace it while the ones that don't have gone further in their nooks like the MLP fandom.

BubblyShell22
05-28-2017, 03:00 PM
Nobody "needs" a fidget spinner

You're right, but there are delusional people out there who think that these things are useful no matter how much you tell them otherwise.

Coola Yagami
05-28-2017, 06:55 PM
You're right, but there are delusional people out there who think that these things are useful no matter how much you tell them otherwise.

They might be, who knows? I know some of my friends tell me it helps them with their anxiety. Who am I to disagree. Why waste time 'telling them otherwise'? Let them be.

BubblyShell22
05-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Good for them if it helps them.

ProphetofGanja
05-29-2017, 10:06 AM
They might be, who knows? I know some of my friends tell me it helps them with their anxiety. Who am I to disagree. Why waste time 'telling them otherwise'? Let them be.

I'm not denying that devices like this can help people with excess enervy or anxiety, I'm simply saying that there are better alternatives. A fidget cube seems like a much better option than a spinner because it's quieter, less distracting to others, and can be used more inconspicuously, even in one's pocket.

plastroncafe
05-29-2017, 07:12 PM
Nobody needs them, but they are effective.

Which is it?

ProphetofGanja
05-29-2017, 07:28 PM
Nobody needs them, but they are effective.

Which is it?

I like dessert, I like listening to music, I feel better when I have/do these things. Does that mean I need them? No.

As I said, there are better therapeutic options for those that fidget or suffer from anxiety. Sometimes the best option is just to learn some willpower and self-control

plastroncafe
05-29-2017, 07:39 PM
So...I could just choose not to have anxiety or depression or ptsd if I just had more willpower?

And my wearing glasses, that's akin to just choosing not to have dessert one night? I mean, I don't really "need" distance vision.

ProphetofGanja
05-29-2017, 08:00 PM
So...I could just choose not to have anxiety or depression or ptsd if I just had more willpower?

And my wearing glasses, that's akin to just choosing not to have dessert one night? I mean, I don't really "need" distance vision.

No, those are things you probably want to treat with medication, although there are other options as well. It's something best handled on a case by case basis. I have worked with many children with all three of those diagnoses.

Needing glasses is not a good analogie. At a certain point people have to learn coping skills to handle the real world. The world will not always bend over backwards to accommodate you, sometimes you have to learn to adjust to the real world. I'm not saying that's fair, I'm just saying that it's not wise to have your only strategy be to expect everyone else to adjust to yur specific needs

plastroncafe
05-29-2017, 08:09 PM
Just so you're aware going forward:
You're currently conversing with an adult who has a current diagnosis of all three. So you may wish to choose your words a little more carefully going forward.

And I think glasses are a pretty apt comparison.
Any sort of anxiety aid is as much of a crutch as my glasses are.
Not required for life, but boy do they sure make things a whole lot easier.

No one says to a person with a busted leg that they can't use crutches. That maybe if they just had some self-control, or maybe some
willpower, moving about the world would be easier for them, so why do people insist on saying the same thing to non-neurotypical people?

ProphetofGanja
05-29-2017, 08:59 PM
Just so you're aware going forward:
You're currently conversing with an adult who has a current diagnosis of all three. So you may wish to choose your words a little more carefully going forward.

And I think glasses are a pretty apt comparison.
Any sort of anxiety aid is as much of a crutch as my glasses are.
Not required for life, but boy do they sure make things a whole lot easier.

No one says to a person with a busted leg that they can't use crutches. That maybe if they just had some self-control, or maybe some
willpower, moving about the world would be easier for them, so why do people insist on saying the same thing to non-neurotypical people?

Well then with complete earnestness, I hope you have found a means of treatment that works effectively for you. I know that finding the right balance of medications can be very difficult as different people respond to them in different ways.

Again, I'm not arguing against the use of therapeutic aids. We have definitive evidence that glasses help people see better. Crutches have been around even longer than glasses. We have an ever-growing body of evidence that psychotropic drugs can improve the mental health and quality of life of people suffering from psychiatric diagnoses (of which I am also a member, as it so happens), especially in conjunction with some form of counseling.

My expertise is with ADHD in children. Evidence has shown that there can be some benefit from having some type of additional activity to engage in to "soak up" excess mental energy while focusing on something (such as sitting in class and paying attention to a lesson), but that activity cannot be so engrossing as to absorb too much attention otherwise then you're just distracted, which defeats the whole purpose. Additionally, that activity should not be distracting to other students trying to pay attention.

ADHD is also unique because many aspects of our way of life are changing in such a way that can exacerbate the condition. The way we consume media and interact with technology, for example. This is why I always advise parents to regulate their children's screentime on electronic devices and to turn them off an hour or so before bed so that the mind has time to quiet down and relax.

My whole point is that we should use evidence to make our decisions. There have been many treatments that were thought to be effective back in the day, and maybe even were to some extent, but we've replaced them with more effective/less intrusive options as time goes on. I think spinners will prove to be just a fad. I see fidget cubes as having more staying power. But again, while someone may find a fidget cube beneficial, it's also not necessary. You could get the same amount of benefit from some other small talisman you can fit in your pocket and surreptitiously manipulate. I used to bring a die or a lucky coin to school every day so I could turn it over and over in my pocket without bothering anyone and it helped me focus. Sometimes I would draw in class while I listened to the teacher lecture, but sometimes they would accuse me of not paying attention. They would ask me a question and I would have to prove that I was focused by answering correctly. Some teachers learned to stop questioning me, some didn't. Alternatively, sometimes I would tap beats on my desk with a pencil or my hand, but this was not an ideal coping strategy as it disturbed others and typically annoyed my teachers. So to scratch that itch I just joined the drumline.

All I'm saying is there are better options than playing with a toy in class

plastroncafe
05-29-2017, 09:09 PM
Thanks, but I don't use medication to treat my symptoms. I find talk therapy and physical activity provide me with adequate control over my symptoms.

I agree that there can be better options, what I disagree with is the absolute argument that no one needs a thing. Or no one can benefit from a thing.

Some people do, and can.

sdp
05-29-2017, 11:00 PM
I find it extremely hard to concentrate and would likely be able to be diagnosed with some sort of ADD. In classes I sometimes bring hand grippers to keep my concentration and not wonder too much which I still do but whatever, It's not something I feel I can't control myself.

As posted earlier, there are many alternatives for people with disorders and experts themselves call out fidget spinners for giving the other clinically proven devices a bad name. I'm sorry but taking your fidget spinners is not the issue here, the issue is people whining about unnecessary things and there are alternatives that work better. I just wrote (http://miscrave.com/articles/fidget-spinners/)about fidget spinners if you're interested I go into a little more detail. They are distracting and you can't argue that helping one kid concentrate is worth having all the kids surrounding him get distracted as well.

It's only a fad and everyone including the "needy" will forget about them in a year. And kids who really want to will continue to bring them to school. I mean lets remember when Tamagotchi, Pokemon Cards or finger boards were banned in our schools, did that stop us from bringing them? no, we were just more discrete with them. If people had this digital soap box back then would we really whine that we can't have pogs in school and find some excuse as to why we should?

Again I don't really care if people actually take them but to say that banning them is some type of social war against people with disorders is a long stretch. You need to be aware of others, it's not all about the individual. Live and let die

ProactiveMan
05-29-2017, 11:38 PM
Teachers are people too you know.

That was a revelation to me when I was younger. I was always quite intimidated by teachers when I was at school. They felt like superior beings in some way. As I got older, people in my peer group became teachers, or I met people who were teachers, and it dawned on me that my teachers were just chuds like me and my friends. And what's more, although they were on a pretty high rung on the social ladder compared to the kids they were teaching, in the wider word... not so much.

On fidget toys: I had a moment of realisation a couple of days ago. I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I have a problem with anxiety that I manage with cognitive behavioural exercises. I didn’t see the connection between fidgeting to be honest, and I thought these toys were hella stupid. I was talking to some people at work however, and I caught myself playing with a whiteboard marker. I thought about it, and it turns out that I fidget with things to relieve stress all the time. That’s how I got into drawing – I doodled in class because it helped me concentrate, and I still do it in meetings and on the phone. I was in a meeting last week and I didn’t want to doodle on the paper I had with me, so I repeatedly disassembled and reassembled my ballpoint pen.

The worst kind of interactions for me nowadays are out in the open, and I wonder if it’s the lack of things to fiddle with. I noticed that I gesticulate with my fingers when I’m talking which somehow helps me keep track of what I’m saying. If I’m just standing still, I concentrate too hard on not looking stupid that I can’t always keep my train of thought.

Completely anecdotally, the fidget concept seems legit to me now. I will say that I think it would be better not to rely on a device, and I’m not happy that I need to fidget to keep an even keel. It’s a salve, and it doesn’t really address the core issue. I worry that atrophy sets in when you make your life too easy, and comfort makes you less tolerant. You have to know your own limits though, so if this isn’t helpful to you then ignore me.

BubblyShell22
05-30-2017, 05:58 AM
I think something like a stress ball or a fidget cube would help more for people to focus on things rather than a fidget spinner. That's the whole point of this. There are other methods and maybe people need to realize that this type of tool really isn't a tool and is just a fad that everyone is going to latch on to and then forget about in a year or two.

DisKosh
05-30-2017, 02:43 PM
I haven't got a fidget spinner but I recently bought a fidget cube (or a knock-off version) for to use in work and it's been great so far. I have Asperger's so my focus tends to drift and I fidget.

The place I notice it most though is church because it requires sitting down and listening to someone for half an hour. It's not the minster's fault, I always find sermons interesting but it's difficult to keep focus which is cause for concern because I'm going back to university in a few months and I'd like to be able to focus on the lectures.

I genuinely think my fidget cube will help and many features on it are silent so they won't distract anyone else. Often in work, I just fiddle with it with my hand in my pocket so it's very discreet.

BubblyShell22
05-30-2017, 03:30 PM
That's a handy tool and as long as it doesn't distract anybody, I think that's a good thing as it's discreet enough to put in your pocket. I don't know if you can do this with a fidget spinner, but if people could put it in their pocket, that would be better.

TurtleWA
05-30-2017, 11:39 PM
I remember back in school when spinning/spun meant a whole different thing. I kind of want to try one of these fidget things. Looks like it could be a little entertaining.

DestronMirage22
05-31-2017, 11:16 PM
Wow, 7 pages and currently 139 posts about these dumb little Spinners.
When's the water bottle flip thread? :roll::lol:

Netkeeper
06-01-2017, 01:28 AM
I think I want to get one that's extremely distracting in some way [louder, lights up, some other attention-grabbing feature] just to make people that dont like them angry

Powder
06-01-2017, 01:58 AM
I remember back in school when spinning/spun meant a whole different thing.

DJ'ing? :tcool:

Candy Kappa
06-01-2017, 02:11 AM
Oh yeah, a light-up spinner that makes extra noise is really gonna make the spinners look good.

I would probably not have been allowed my hearing aid back in grade school if the damn thing light up like a Christmas tree and played polka music.

ProactiveMan
06-01-2017, 03:18 AM
I used to have a spinning top that played the lambada. That probably wasn't my mom's favourite thing in the world.

TurtleWA
06-01-2017, 10:18 AM
DJ'ing? :tcool:

I guess it has lots of meanings. Sadly not as cool as DJ'ing. I was referring to meth users.

Netkeeper
06-01-2017, 12:27 PM
I would probably not have been allowed my hearing aid back in grade school if the damn thing light up like a Christmas tree and played polka music.
Good thing I'm not in school and if there is a higher power I'll never have to set foot inside one again for the rest of my life

Just going to cause some mayhem for the ones that think a god damn TOY is some unholy abomination, when, in reality, it's the guy spinning it that's the unholy abomination. :lol: I'll get to have fun pissing off crotchety old people, which is always a joy, especially when they're southerners. Gotta find some way to express my hatred for where I live and the hills people are willing to die on

BubblyShell22
06-01-2017, 01:01 PM
To be fair, I don't think this toy is an unholy abomination. And I don't think deliberately annoying people is the way to go either.

DisKosh
06-01-2017, 03:32 PM
I think I want to get one that's extremely distracting in some way [louder, lights up, some other attention-grabbing feature] just to make people that dont like them angry

That's just a jerk move.

Actually, it was created for people with special needs so it's not really a toy. For me, my fidget cube is a way of managing anxiety and it helps me focus at work. It's people like you who make it harder for the people using it discreetly for its intended purpose.

Netkeeper
06-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Actually you missed the point so monumentally you hit the other side of the horse shoe.

DisKosh
06-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Actually you missed the point so monumentally you hit the other side of the horse shoe.

What is your point then?

BubblyShell22
06-02-2017, 05:18 PM
His point is that he's going to use it to annoy people who are against them.

DisKosh
06-02-2017, 06:21 PM
That's what I thought and I thought it was a jerk move.

Coola Yagami
06-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Mine broke. Apparently these guys can't take accidentally being dropped to the floor a few times.

plastroncafe
06-02-2017, 10:13 PM
That's what I thought and I thought it was a jerk move.

I'm willing to bet they were being sarcastic.

Candy Kappa
06-04-2017, 04:19 PM
This one cracked me up
http://semiunwanted.tumblr.com/post/160418834817/if-you-have-a-bit-of-stress-then-you-can-use

Prowler
06-04-2017, 10:08 PM

Of course... your teachers had been in the 40s and the 50s. My mom was also a teacher and born in the 50s. Therefore she didn't care about games or anime.

Also, every teacher of yours was old? I've had some teachers in their late 20s/early 30s...

Mine broke. Apparently these guys can't take accidentally being dropped to the floor a few times.
Does it say somewhere they're "unbreakable"? Never trust that!

CyberCubed
06-05-2017, 02:31 AM
Also, every teacher of yours was old? I've had some teachers in their late 20s/early 30s...
!

In 12th grade one of my english teachers was only 28, and she was considered the "hottest teacher in school" by my entire grade at the time. The kids in my class would openly flirt with her right in the classroom, but she always reprimanded them whenever they did it.

She looked a lot younger than she was too, since she had long straight black hair, always wore a tight top with a blouse, and generally spoke like a young person would to connect to students better. It was probably the only time in my entire school career where I ever had one of those "hot teachers" that you hear about in stories online.

This is why young female teachers should never teach High School. The kids are at their horniest at the time and I now realize how rough it was for her to try and teach a class at that age. Plus I don't think anyone realizes at the time how teachers could easily get in trouble due to inappropiate interactions with students, even if it's something minor.

IndigoErth
07-17-2017, 07:44 PM
Okay I don't tend to be all that big on a lot of 'girly' products, or fads like these spinners that are bound to die out in the not too distant future anyhow, but this is kinda clever... :D Expand it to more flavors and cross gender and tastes and they might have found a way to keep those things around a bit longer.

Fidget Spinner lip balm: http://www.marieclaire.com/beauty/a28188/fidget-spinner-lip-balm-sephora/

ProactiveMan
07-17-2017, 11:26 PM
That's pretty cool.. although potentially messy.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Sweet Mother these things are everywhere. I saw five different displays of them at WalMart this week, with just about every variation possible. What is even the point of them? Aside from keeping ones hands busy. Bunch of the teens at work have them too. Its nuts. Reminds me of the Tamagachi fad back when I was a teen.

TigerClaw
07-20-2017, 05:39 PM
Sweet Mother these things are everywhere. I saw five different displays of them at WalMart this week, with just about every variation possible. What is even the point of them? Aside from keeping ones hands busy. Bunch of the teens at work have them too. Its nuts. Reminds me of the Tamagachi fad back when I was a teen.
I have one too. :tlol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DC9S1MEXgAAHq3v.jpg:small

Powder
07-20-2017, 05:55 PM
I see you're living up to your name with that tiger claw there. :tlol:

IndigoErth
07-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Bunch of the teens at work have them too. Its nuts. Reminds me of the Tamagachi fad back when I was a teen.
At least the Tamagachi was cool. If this is the stuff that passes for fads these days... lol

But then again, with kids now stuck in such a high tech world, maybe low tech fads are what is needed. Sad that the Tamagachi probably wouldn't even impress all that much now, not even an updated version, since there are no doubt app games that can prob do all that and more.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Well there was always the Furby! Remember those? We had two. One of them developed a dirty mouth....