PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Bombings at Ariana Grande Concert

GoldMutant
05-22-2017, 06:46 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/deaths-injuries-confirmed-after-explosions-heard-u-k-concert-featuring-n763286

As of this time, 19 are dead. If more news comes up on the situation, it'll be updated.

Cure
05-22-2017, 06:51 PM
Man, what the ****?

snake
05-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Damn. I wonder who could be behind this one.

mrmaczaps
05-22-2017, 07:22 PM

Really? You have to wonder?

Refractive Reflections
05-22-2017, 10:06 PM
My sympathies to those directly affected, but if it turns out to be radical Islamic terrorism, knowing today's political correctness, nothing will change.

The elected leaders (i.e. Sadiq Khan (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sadiq-khan-london-mayor-terrorism-attacks-part-and-parcel-major-cities-new-york-bombing-a7322846.html) [London's mayor], and France's newly elected president, Emmanuel Marcon (http://www.mediaite.com/online/leading-candidate-in-french-presidential-race-terrorism-will-be-a-fact-of-daily-life/)), have repeatedly told us to accept this.

PApagreg
05-22-2017, 10:28 PM
My sympathies to those directly affected, but if it turns out to be radical Islamic terrorism, knowing today's political correctness, nothing will change.

The elected leaders (i.e. Sadiq Khan (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sadiq-khan-london-mayor-terrorism-attacks-part-and-parcel-major-cities-new-york-bombing-a7322846.html) [London's mayor], and France's newly elected president, Emmanuel Marcon (http://www.mediaite.com/online/leading-candidate-in-french-presidential-race-terrorism-will-be-a-fact-of-daily-life/)), have repeatedly told us to accept this.

How do you go from a terrorist attack in London to a president in France, like at least focus on one country before you spread your salt on France's newly elected president.

IndigoErth
05-22-2017, 11:17 PM
The elected leaders...have repeatedly told us to accept this.

Are there source examples of this being said?

Seriously though... at a concert prob full of teens? :( What nut jobs won't do... I hope those that died never knew what hit them.

Just crying "Muslims!" really isn't enough... People are so apt to do it and point blame elsewhere, but it accomplishes nothing. The focus should be on stemming radicalism in all its forms and aligning with allies who share a want for it to end...including non-extremist Muslims who need to step up more (soldiers already literally fighting them in combat aside). Rather than just taking the easy route that doesn't require hard work and shouting about how it's supposedly a political party's fault, what if the good part of the world instead tries to figure out what to do rather than wasting time with infighting.

plastroncafe
05-22-2017, 11:32 PM
If there's one thing you can count on, it's that desperate people will resort to desperate measures.

Vicky82
05-22-2017, 11:55 PM
I woke up to the news and at first I thought it was a gas explosion. I just like to know how they got a bomb into the arena because security is supposed to be tight at events.:(

turtle1237
05-23-2017, 12:45 AM
Ariana Grande is class all the way. This is unacceptable. RIP to the victims.

mrmaczaps
05-23-2017, 05:33 AM
Ariana Grande is class all the way. This is unacceptable. RIP to the victims.

Hahaha class??

turtle1237
05-23-2017, 05:37 AM
Hahaha class??
she all ready made a comment on the attack. Ariana Grande said nothing wrong or out of place.

There is a difference between loving or hating her music and showing what she show.

BubblyShell22
05-23-2017, 06:06 AM
This is so horrible on so many levels. My heart goes out to all of the victims and their loved ones who have been affected by this horrible event. My heart also goes out to Ariana as I can imagine this is just as traumatic for her.

I agree with you, Indigo, that everyone needs to step up and really show what is and isn't acceptable. But the sad thing is that this type of war will never end no matter what we do.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
05-23-2017, 07:51 AM
At least 22 confirmed dead now

DestronMirage22
05-23-2017, 07:55 AM
Oh man this is terrible.
I can only imagine what those poor kids are going through right now.
They only wanted to see their favorite musician perform and then something like this had to happen.
My heart goes out to the victims families.

Vicky82
05-23-2017, 07:58 AM
The youngest that died in the attack was 8 years old. :(

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-23-2017, 08:38 AM
The youngest that died in the attack was 8 years old. :(

Hahaha class??

What next? You gonna tell us the 8-yr-old is going to hell for going to a Ariana Grande concert?

I swear, you have all the empathy of a trainwreck or an orphanage fire.

mrmaczaps
05-23-2017, 09:27 AM
What next? You gonna tell us the 8-yr-old is going to hell for going to a Ariana Grande concert?

I swear, you have all the empathy of a trainwreck or an orphanage fire.

I never said a word about the concert goers... but to say a singer has class that has made past remarks that she hates her fans, America and wishes them all dead.... theres no class there. Shes just in it for the money, for herself.

Mayhem
05-23-2017, 09:30 AM
I woke up to the news and at first I thought it was a gas explosion. I just like to know how they got a bomb into the arena because security is supposed to be tight at events.:(
They didn't. The bomb was detonated inside the building but outside of the actual arena area itself. Security is normally carried out on people entering the seating areas of the venue, but not always the foyer parts where the restaurants and other meeting points might be. Same applies to the O2 Arena in Greenwich, you only get searched when you are entering the seating areas. Seems the person in question managed to enter the outer ring of the venue and triggered the bomb as people were exiting the actual arena into the hub.

Vicky82
05-23-2017, 09:37 AM
They didn't. The bomb was detonated inside the building but outside of the actual arena area itself. Security is normally carried out on people entering the seating areas of the venue, but not always the foyer parts where the restaurants and other meeting points might be. Same applies to the O2 Arena in Greenwich, you only get searched when you are entering the seating areas. Seems the person in question managed to enter the outer ring of the venue and triggered the bomb as people were exiting the actual arena into the hub.

Thanks for that, I've never been to the MEN arena, only the NEC arena in Birmingham and Wembly Arena and they check your tickets and bags at the first door.

plastroncafe
05-23-2017, 11:08 AM
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those with less power than themselves.

I haven't had the heart to check yet, but have they caught the folks responsible for this incident?

Vicky82
05-23-2017, 11:11 AM
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those with less power than themselves.

I haven't had the heart to check yet, but have they caught the folks responsible for this incident?

It was a suicide Bomber (british born) who acted alone and ISIS have claimed responsibility for it.

plastroncafe
05-23-2017, 11:17 AM
It was a suicide Bomber (british born) who acted alone and ISIS have claimed responsibility for it.

So...another case of dudes with crap politics ruining something little girls love.
Fabulous.

Prowler
05-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Yeah... but Daesh claim everything nowadays even if most of the time it's just a wacko acting on his own personal reasons.

European leaders indeed haven't been dealing very well with terrorism and other issues. And also, maybe certain western nations should stop messing around in the Middle East. They're just adding more fuel to the fire.

Hahaha class??
I don't know anything about Arianna Grande or what her personality is like or if she has class or not... but why does this matter right now? A bunch of innocent people, mostly teenagers, died or got severely injured at a concert. It's almost like you're making it sound like they deserved this and that Arianna Grande should have gotten hurt as well. What the hell is wrong with you?!

Andrew NDB
05-23-2017, 12:29 PM
Salman Ramadan Abedi, son of Libyan refugees. That's the suicide bomber.

Netkeeper
05-23-2017, 12:44 PM
How do you go from a terrorist attack in London to a President in France, like at least focus on one country before you spread your salt on France's newly elected President.
Seriously, we're really not in a position to be giving France **** right now when they did what we couldn't.

Hahaha class??
Seriously, can we not do this? Your personal feelings about the singer have no place in a discussion about a tragedy. You should be ashamed of yourself right now.

I don't know anything about Arianna Grande or what her personality is like or if she has class or not... but why does this matter right now? A bunch of innocent people, mostly teenagers, died or got severely injured at a concert. It's almost like you're making it sound like they deserved this and that Arianna Grande should have gotten hurt as well. What the hell is wrong with you?!
Quoting for extra emphasis.

IndigoErth
05-23-2017, 01:05 PM
I really wouldn't want to be the singer right now. How soon is her next show? Can you imagine having this in the back of your mind, maybe a little PTSD from the event, when trying to put on that next show(s)? Worrying what if it could ever happen again would suck; thinking that if it did, then fans might die for coming to see you. :ohwell:

Vicky82
05-23-2017, 01:23 PM
I really wouldn't want to be the singer right now. How soon is her next show? Can you imagine having this in the back of your mind, maybe a little PTSD from the event, when trying to put on that next show(s)? Worrying what if it could ever happen again would suck; thinking that if it did, then fans might die for coming to see you. :ohwell:

I think she's meant to be in London tomorrow but she's cancelled/postponed the rest of her European tour.

plastroncafe
05-23-2017, 01:42 PM
And all this right before a big UK election.
Hooray for the Positive Feedback Loop of Extremism!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-23-2017, 01:53 PM
And all this right before a big UK election.
Hooray for the Positive Feedback Loop of Extremism!

Ugh. Didn't even think of that.

At this point, it's hard to think of some part of society that HASN'T been defiled by terrorist violence.

K-12 Schools? Nope.
Colleges/universities? Nope.
Nightclubs? Nope.
Movie theaters? Nope.
Concerts? Nope.

Just off the top of my head. As a parent, what the hell do you even do... Mars isn't colonizing for decades from now. :trazz:

mrmaczaps
05-23-2017, 02:01 PM

Just a few years back, this singer was caught saying into a live mic that she hates her fans & wishes they were dead.... So it has a bit to do with this... She also hates America and Americans... Seems her hate is misplaced I would say.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-23-2017, 02:03 PM
Just a few years back, this singer was caught saying into a live mic that she hates her fans & wishes they were dead.... So it has a bit to do with this... She also hates America and Americans... Seems her hate is misplaced I would say.

You wanna talk crap about the artist, go start a different thread. This isn't about her.

plastroncafe
05-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Let's put that accusation in some context.

An industry insider told the New York Daily News: 'She did autographs and pics and was all smiles until she got into the elevator

'And as soon as the doors shut she said, "I hope they all f***ing die."'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2760170/Ariana-Grande-said-hoped-fans-f-ing-die.html
Huh, sounds like hyperbole.

Ariana Grande, who has canceled her Saturday MLB All-Star Concert performance because she had some wisdom teeth removed Monday, went off on the Fourth of July at a doughnut shop about how she hates Americans and hates America.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/83951108-157.html

Weird, she says this right after a woman in a bake shop puts a huge tray of fattening pastries in front of her face, not long after she'd had dental surgery.

That sounds like hyperbole too.

Why are you so triggered, Zaps?
Oh right, because the Briebart Crowd are doing their best to play this attack as a political act.
To victim blame.
Charming.

IndigoErth
05-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Mars isn't colonizing for decades from now. :trazz:
That's okay, it doesn't need to be colonized for us to send terrorists/extremists there. We can do it sooner that way. lol

BubblyShell22
05-23-2017, 02:17 PM

Dude, who cares what she did in the past? Have a little respect for her because I can't imagine what she's going through right now. You say you hate Muslims, so you really need to look in a mirror before you judge what other people say.

Papenbrook
05-23-2017, 02:23 PM
The accumulation of hatred and division is inevitably overwhelming.

I know that humans have flaws, but when I view said flaws in action, it makes me sick to my stomach. Social media doesn't help, as it only enhances those blemishes. In this thread, we are witnessing the very hatred and division that occurs every day. It's disappointing.

I can only hope that humankind will improve itself.

Netkeeper
05-23-2017, 02:24 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2760170/Ariana-Grande-said-hoped-fans-f-ing-die.html
Huh, sounds like hyperbole.
Well, it is Faily Mail

That was a typo but I'm not correcting it

snake
I can only hope that humankind will improve itself.

You gotta start somehow. I, personally, have a few ideas.

plastroncafe
Well, it is Faily Mail

That was a typo but I'm not correcting it

I don't know that it IS a typo.
Does it count as one if it's still factually correct?
;)

Vicky82
05-23-2017, 02:42 PM
Saw this on Facebook, look at the dates of past and today's attacks.

Coincidence??

22-05-13 lee rigby
22-03-16 Brussels attack
22-07-16 Munich attack
22-03-17 London attack
22-05-17 Manchester attack
22-07-17 ???

Just been announced that the UK's terror threat level has been raised from 'severe' to 'critical'.

mrmaczaps
05-23-2017, 03:58 PM
Dude, who cares what she did in the past? Have a little respect for her because I can't imagine what she's going through right now. You say you hate Muslims, so you really need to look in a mirror before you judge what other people say.

Muslims are the problem. They want you to convert/submit or die. Thats in their "holy" book. I eon't hate them, they hate me.

But feel free to keep apologizing for them. Isis posted about doing this hours before it happened. Posted that more deaths will happen. Wake up and smell the bacon.

I'm not trigger. I just enjoy comong here to see y'all trying to be pc while saying that these things are horrible. Srop whining about it and address the problem at its source: muslims/islam/isis.

Andrew NDB
05-23-2017, 04:16 PM
There's bad dudes out there.

CyberCubed
05-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Muslims are the problem. They want you to convert/submit or die. Thats in their "holy" book. I eon't hate them, they hate me.

But feel free to keep apologizing for them. Isis posted about doing this hours before it happened. Posted that more deaths will happen. Wake up and smell the bacon.

I'm not trigger. I just enjoy comong here to see y'all trying to be pc while saying that these things are horrible. Srop whining about it and address the problem at its source: muslims/islam/isis.

This is one of the most blatantly racist posts I've seen on this forum in a long time.

plastroncafe
05-23-2017, 04:34 PM
There's bad dudes everywhere.
Name a religion, and I bet we can find some "bad hombres" that try to explain or obscure their badness by claiming they're a member of it.

Stuff like this? It makes me think of that line from Captain America.
"People forget the first country the Nazi's invaded was their own."

These are people who see other Muslims as apostates. And they want us to see them all through that lens. It makes recruiting easier.

"See? See how crappy those people treat you? They deserve what we do to them."

Katie
05-23-2017, 04:39 PM
There are bad and good people of all religion and no religion. It isn't fair to demonize all muslims for the sins of a few people who pervert the teachings.

You can find examples of extremists and perversion of the core values in every religion.

This was the work of a mentally deficient individual. Plain and simple. If people would stop focusing on all the differences we have and focus on the similarities we share, the world would be a nicer place.

Edit: ninja'd by plastron!

Candy Kappa
05-23-2017, 04:47 PM
It's horrible what happened, but Manchester is a strong city that won't be torn apart by hate. A lot of bad things happened today; the Philippine city Marawai got attacked by armed isis-linked extremists, car bombngs in Syria and bombing in Bangkok.

muslims/islam/isis.

Ah, yes. Just like Christians/Christianity/KKK.

BubblyShell22
05-23-2017, 04:50 PM

But as I have said before, it's not in their holy book because these extremists are not going by a holy book. They are twisting Islam into their own ideology and that's the problem. Anybody can do this no matter what religion they are and I'm sure there are people of other faiths who have their own ideology that isn't conducive to their core teachings and people who aren't religious who do the same thing. You just want to single out every Muslim for something other people decide to do. If anyone needs to wake up and smell the bacon, it's you with your narrow-minded thinking.

For the record, I am not being PC. I'm stating a fact that not all Muslims practice this type of faith, but you don't want to see that and would rather place the blame on everyone just because you don't like what's happening.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-23-2017, 04:56 PM
My heart goes out to the victims for being unjustly killed.

This is one of the most blatantly racist posts I've seen on this forum in a long time.

Islam is not a race.

While I wouldn't say that the core text of Islam is liberal in any sense of the word (making adultery and male homosexuality criminal offences punishable with 100 severe lashes), it isn't objectively a text which demands every person of another religion be slaughtered like mrmaczaps says, otherwise I don't think civilizations founded upon this text would've survived for more than a thousand years.

Papenbrook
05-23-2017, 04:59 PM
No good can come from this thread. We are letting our hatred fuel the discussion.

This thread needs to be locked.

BubblyShell22
05-23-2017, 05:00 PM
Yes, exactly, and through the years, religions have evolved in certain ways and vary from each text. Not everyone even follows those texts and some even have their own beliefs that may disagree with said texts. But Mac wants to believe stupid things and then challenge everyone else for disagreeing with him because he believes he's right all of the time.

Andrew NDB
05-23-2017, 05:01 PM
No good can come from this thread.

Was good supposed to come from this thread, or the intended purpose? It seemed to be an informative/discussion thread.

Autbot_Benz
05-23-2017, 05:02 PM
No good can come from this thread. We are letting our hatred fuel the discussion.

go back to your safe space if you can't handle the Adult discussions you snowflake

Papenbrook
05-23-2017, 05:04 PM
In the end, even if we don't realize it, aren't all human beings bigoted in some way?

That's the ultimate evil that lurks within us as human beings. It will never change, not even if we tried.

BubblyShell22
05-23-2017, 05:04 PM

The only one who is spouting hatred is mrmaczaps. The rest of us are trying to show compassion for those who were injured and killed.

Papenbrook
05-23-2017, 05:18 PM
Was good supposed to come from this thread, or the intended purpose? It seemed to be an informative/discussion thread.

The thread was supposed to pay tribute to the victims of this gruesome attack. We were supposed to offer condolences to all of the people involved.

It has devolved into another thread of bickering and fighting, as per usual.

Frankly, I'm tired of humanity. I'm tired of society allowing deviancy and immorality ruling our way of life. I'm tired of society taking sides on issues that are way too important to be fighting over. I'm tired of society excusing it's imperfections with it's justification that it's a part of "being human".

I don't want to have any association with that. If I did, I would kill myself.

GoldMutant
05-23-2017, 05:58 PM

Thank you Andrew. As with most of these subjects, they're posted for information; discussion can lead to... interesting debates, but I digress. Papen, if you wish to leave the discussion, go ahead. Despite any issues with Ariana Grande, in terms of character or music, it should not dominate discussion.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-arena-bombing-live-attack-13075807

This link builds upon the damages. As we know from earlier, 22 people have died including an 8 year old child. Seems 120 people are also apart of the casualties too. :(

Katie
05-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Wait.....papi...You think imperfection....the most human thing....is something you can't associate with? Do you think you're perfect? Seriously? Cause I assure you you are not. No one is.

Its not a reason to kill yourself. You just learn from your mistakes. Thats what normal humans do.

Andrew NDB
05-23-2017, 06:26 PM
The thread was supposed to pay tribute to the victims of this gruesome attack. We were supposed to offer condolences to all of the people involved.

I don't see how any of that could be remotely inferred from GoldMutant's original post, who is the thread starter. Seemed like it was, "this is what happened. Discuss." We are.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-23-2017, 06:39 PM
If it's not mrmaczaps blaming victims and being holier than the rest of us, it's Papenbrook drama queening. :trolleye:

Please. Let's get back to discussion.

So I heard the British Prime Minister saying that the military might start being stationed at concerts and other entertainment venues under "critical" threat level.

And I thought seeing police officers in theaters after 2012 was escalation...

What about the murderer's family? Did they never see any indication that he was a nutzo?

MsMarvelDuckie
05-23-2017, 06:52 PM
They almost never do....

mrmaczaps
05-23-2017, 07:20 PM

Muslim isn't a race dude.

mrmaczaps
05-23-2017, 07:20 PM
It's horrible what happened, but Manchester is a strong city that won't be torn apart by hate. A lot of bad things happened today; the Philippine city Marawai got attacked by armed isis-linked extremists, car bombngs in Syria and bombing in Bangkok.

Ah, yes. Just like Christians/Christianity/KKK.

KKk has nothing to do with Christianity. It was founded by sick democrats.

mrmaczaps
05-23-2017, 07:23 PM
The only one who is spouting hatred is mrmaczaps. The rest of us are trying to show compassion for those who were injured and killed.

I have said anything hateful. I do feel bad those kids/people died. But the ONLY way to make changes is admit the problem. Accept it and shout it from the rooftops.

If you have had enough of people dying for no good reason, islam is the problem.

mrmaczaps
05-23-2017, 07:24 PM
If it's not mrmaczaps blaming victims and being holier than the rest of us, it's Papenbrook drama queening. :trolleye:

Please. Let's get back to discussion.

So I heard the British Prime Minister saying that the military might start being stationed at concerts and other entertainment venues under "critical" threat level.

And I thought seeing police officers in theaters after 2012 was escalation...

What about the murderer's family? Did they never see any indication that he was a nutzo?

Where did I blame any victims? I said ISLAM IS THE PROBLEM.

snake
05-23-2017, 07:28 PM
Radical Islamic fundamentalists. I have no problem with regular muslims and I'm good buddies with one. He f*cking hates terrorists.

turtle1237
05-23-2017, 07:28 PM
No one is perfect, not even Ariana Grande who has show some class with all this. I be honesty. I don't know how one can handle what Grande or any one of such fame has. They are under the media's eye every step of the way. Seeing the Spears doc, the camera people were right in Spears backyard while she was having breakfast, saying hi to this and that camera man as she was eating. They are humans, they need there own space which is few and between when your famous. Yeah Spears had her break down, but as I said, you have to watch your step under the press's eyes.

Saying that, she made a statement. And of course cancel /postponed the rest of her tour.

Machias Banshee
05-23-2017, 07:29 PM
Okay, we're gonna have to put this thread on timeout for a bit....