PDA

View Full Version : Yeah guys, go think you're cool all of the sudden...

MTN889
10-23-2003, 07:45 PM
I can't believe my school. I told them i was a fan of the turtles and you know what they did? They started making fun of me, i can't believe it. They said TMNT Was only for little kids, and now they treat me like a retard. I also said i like comics, and they also said comics was for little kids too. Know what? They should read born.
If it wasnt for that stupid fat kid and the tall kids, i would just tell them "Yeah guys, go think you're cool all of the sudden... Stupid [edited]
I want to beat them.

Kameko
10-23-2003, 07:47 PM
LANGUAGE, MTN! :x You see, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about!

That Matt Guy
10-23-2003, 07:49 PM
Sounds pretty stupid to me.

MTN889
10-23-2003, 08:08 PM
LANGUAGE, MTN! :x You see, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about!

Alrght, alright! I changed it!

Kid Icarus
10-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Bring up the fact that there is decapatation in the very first issue of the comics.

And a blood feud through out a large part of volume one.

If that dosen't work, read up on the Image TMNT comics and tell them about those ;). If the Image comics don't work, ignore them.

GK Punk
10-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Here's an idea, just don't care what they think.
That's the best advice I can give.

Dude, I used to carry a Sailor mars doll to High School And talk to it at lunch to freak people out. (I hung out with the Punks/Skaters/Goths, so they all thought it was hillarious)

Reznorite420
10-23-2003, 09:53 PM
IThey said TMNT Was only for little kids, and now they treat me like a retard. I also said i like comics, and they also said comics was for little kids too.They must've not heard of the original Mirage series or Heavy Metal for that matter.

damnhooligan
10-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Ignore them. Plain and simple.

CookSux
10-23-2003, 10:40 PM
But they are for kids... :-?

Ninjatron
10-23-2003, 11:00 PM
I disagree with just about everyone here.

I think you should beat them up! :evilgrin:

Sayonara.

GK Punk
10-23-2003, 11:04 PM
I disagree with just about everyone here.

I think you should beat them up! :evilgrin:

Sayonara.

:lol:

I have a kendo stick...

azure turtle
10-23-2003, 11:38 PM
LOL! And I've got a steel chair... :evilgrin:

MTN, just ignore people like that. I'm a in college, and I've got no problem wearing TMNT shirts to class. Some people give me funny looks, while some people have asked me where I bought my shirt. Can't please everybody, so you might as well please yourself first. Don't be ashamed of your interests. They're a part of who you are.

Cascadia
10-24-2003, 12:04 AM
there is some people at my alma mater (college) that wears TMNT shirts and a necklace with a TMNT charm on it. As for me, TMNT is my secret hobby. Some people know about it but they do not make fun of me. They also do not talk about it to me. I would just ignore them. As some of the others said, the original comic series was very graphic and serious. Back then, it was meant for teenagers and adults. Most people do not know about the original comic series, they know about the cartoon series that came out in the late 1980s.....which was mainly for kids.

That Matt Guy
10-24-2003, 02:20 AM
I could have worn a Pokemon t shirt in high school and nobody would have given a crap; nobody ever bothered me in high school. Probably because everybody thought I was some kind of Neo-Nazi, and unfortunantly I was given the nickname Hitler, or sometimes just Nazi.

Dinny
10-24-2003, 02:36 AM
Just use some funky kung fu turtle moves to beat em up, then sream "TURTLE POWER"

Actually, dont scream turtle power :goofygri: .

Reznorite420
10-24-2003, 08:36 AM
But they are for kids... :-?So...we're all kids here, eh? :P

SciFreak: That's the case at my college right now. You have no idea how relieved I was to find more than 1 other person besides myself to wear a TMNT t-shirt on campus!

Dane E5R
10-24-2003, 10:01 AM
I get nothing but compliments about my TMNT shirts.. No one has ever seriously made fun of me for my TMNT obsession. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones..

CookSux
10-24-2003, 10:04 AM
At a school of 45000 people (MSU), we can wear whatever we want. I have yet to buy myself a TMNT tshirt, but people don't mind it when I wear my Fantastic Four shirt, or other stuff from Urban outfitters. Graphic T's are the in thing in college... and if someone tells you you can't wear something, than you live in a community that sucks.

damnhooligan
10-24-2003, 10:40 AM
College, fortunately, is a lot more relaxed as far as pretensions go. Where else could I stumble into a 7AM Greek Literature course in my pajamas, wrapped up in a Turtles blanket with corresponding pillow and actually have people envy my ingenuity?

That, my friend, is freedom.

HorseTechie
10-24-2003, 10:45 AM
All the reason why I used to hate the old TMNT cartoon, and the kiddie merchandise all over the place, back in high school. Yep.. was a closet TMNT fan then, cause I was afraid of getting the same treatment. Didn't start slipping out the fact I liked TMNT until college. :P

But it is sad, how the merchandise has brainwashed the rest of society into thinking they are all for kids. Of course, it also drives my husband nuts too. Both the TMNT and the TFs. At least he's tolerating the LotR, but I'm sure if I go hog-wild on that too, he'll roll over and die again.

Oh well, at least my (future) kids will think I'm cool. Until they become teenagers.

Bowser_Koopa
10-24-2003, 11:45 AM
something alike happens to me but is not that drastical, once in the first semester, in the orientation class, we had to make a collage out of things we liked, this guy saw me and said out loud "No Comics NO!" and got back at him "Hell Comics YES!".

Also we had to draw something indian for the culture class and 2 @$$e$ started commenting that all i would draw were ninja turtles, then they started making fun of me, they made up stupid names for my drawing (like "wachoui" "gosikikiri" "molocugoru" u know things that didn't exist :-? ), anyway, i made up an indian scene, two indians, one fishing and one cooking, teacher loved, and he kept commenting about how good the technic was, i got us a 20 (max grade) after that they just shut their mouths......

Mr. Snackpants
10-24-2003, 11:48 AM
Ive seen a few kids with TMNT shirts on.....old ones though and theyre cool kids that wear them.

MTN889
10-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Thanks for all your support everyone.
Anyway if i beat them up, im at a very strict school most likely get suspended and about 5 detentions.
And i'm a freshman too, so you know how everyone whos a freshman tries to act cool by making fun of people...

Kid Icarus
10-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Thanks for all your support everyone.
Anyway if i beat them up, im at a very strict school most likely get suspended and about 5 detentions.
And i'm a freshman too, so you know how everyone whos a freshman tries to act cool by making fun of people...

Hey, if you wanna actually be cool, do the opposite of what all the other freshmen are doing. You'd be supprised how many of the upper classes will notice that you're not being an idiot :wink: .

Brodie
10-25-2003, 04:26 PM
I got a TMNT old school jacket at Hot Topic, bright green POS, with the 4 embroidered faces, and the emblem on the back. Everyone loves it. Ive never met anyone who really HATES tmnt..or things its for little kids...

Reznorite420
10-26-2003, 07:32 PM
I'm sure I've said this a million times already on here, but for the noobs on here, I'll say again:

Wherever I go wearing my black TMNT shirt, only compliments result...and that's an understatement.

Lisardo
10-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear that happened, those ppl are the stupid ones! But that's all the more reason why I keep TMNT to myself mostly. I'm afraid the 'popular' crowd would tease me too. And around certain ppl, I can just tell they'd think I'm crazy so........ya know.

Cascadia
10-29-2003, 07:50 PM
last night, I heard some student athletes at my university talks about how neat the new game is. It brought a smile to my face. :D

Voltron
10-29-2003, 08:25 PM
When I was in Kindergarden, they had these odd construction toys similar to tinker toys, but made of plastic. I could fashion bos, sais, katanas...

I'd be kicked out of class so fast for that.

Let me make this clear because I've been accused otherwise. I LOVE CARTOONS AND ESPECIALLY THE TURTLES. And I am willing to fight anyone who wants to speak ill of my Green Machine. So, if you would be so kind as to show me where these people live, I will promptly murder them and their families in a manner befitting of such ignorance.

Leo656
10-29-2003, 08:28 PM
I've always been pretty open about my interests. I wear a Thundercats wristband on my left wrist to work and almost everywhere else (and a Misfits one on my right), so my interests are no real secret. People can say what they want, putting other people down because of their interests only exposes ignorance and immaturity on the part of the ones doing the mocking, and f*ck them.

Bowser_Koopa
10-30-2003, 10:16 AM
for last semester i used a joe madureira turtle art printing on my ring binder, this semester i'm using a wallpaper from the official site

Cascadia
10-30-2003, 02:35 PM
one of my friends that used to be a co-worker was wearing a TMNT shirt......he loves the new cartoon but he wishes that the classics wouldl come back somehow.

Bowser_Koopa
10-30-2003, 02:43 PM
don't we all ;)?

Mars-Chan
10-30-2003, 02:46 PM
You know what...don't let people judge you for what you wear just because you wear something TMNT related. Why, at my campus I've seen TONS of SpongeBob stuff.

So don't let them say stuff like that. It'll work itself out...and if it doesn't...MOVE TO ANOTHER SCHOOL!!! :lol:

Trunks
10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
I make it a habitt to wear a tmnt shirt once a week.

Mars-Chan
10-30-2003, 03:43 PM
I make it a habit to quote the old school 80's TMNT (No matter HOW much it annoys my friends.... :lol:), To write tons of Turtles fictions, and to watch the new TMNT every saturday. Am I dull? :lol: :D

Bowser_Koopa
10-30-2003, 03:43 PM
if i had tmnt shirts i would wear them :)

Mars-Chan
10-30-2003, 03:45 PM
:nod: And how. :D

Bowser_Koopa
10-30-2003, 04:12 PM
i grab them and then i put it on O_o... :D

Mars-Chan
10-30-2003, 04:14 PM
I would usually just BUY mine.... :lol: :D

Bowser_Koopa
10-30-2003, 04:17 PM
they don't sell those around here :cry:

Mars-Chan
10-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Where are you?

Mr. Snackpants
10-30-2003, 05:07 PM
last night, I heard some student athletes at my university talks about how neat the new game is. It brought a smile to my face. :D
cool. Do you know who they were?

ThirdMarioBro
10-30-2003, 08:21 PM
I can't believe my school. I told them i was a fan of the turtles and you know what they did? They started making fun of me, i can't believe it. They said TMNT Was only for little kids, and now they treat me like a retard. I also said i like comics, and they also said comics was for little kids too. Know what? They should read born.
If it wasnt for that stupid fat kid and the tall kids, i would just tell them "Yeah guys, go think you're cool all of the sudden... Stupid [edited]
I want to beat them.

Screw them. I've gone through that my entire life. I tried to tell them about the comics, and when they ran that down, I realised that they were just using it as an excuse to make fun of me. They are all losers. When you ignore them, they will realise that they can't use you as their form of entertainment. Then they'll slowly kinda fade away.

I've always been pretty open about my interests. I wear a Thundercats wristband on my left wrist to work and almost everywhere else (and a Misfits one on my right), so my interests are no real secret. People can say what they want, putting other people down because of their interests only exposes ignorance and immaturity on the part of the ones doing the mocking, and f*ck them.

Thank you. It's people like you that show losers like them, that we don't give a f**k what they think.

Dude, I used to carry a Sailor mars doll to High School And talk to it at lunch to freak people out. (I hung out with the Punks/Skaters/Goths, so they all thought it was hillarious)

Go dude go!!! :D

Cascadia
10-30-2003, 08:43 PM
cool. Do you know who they were?

it was very dark when I heard them.....I know that they were some of the CU football players

JameO
10-31-2003, 06:22 AM
I don't own any TMNT clothes but if I owned some I would surely wear them! I still remember me walking in to kindergarten class with a orange mikey sweater. Oh those were they days. Most people that I actually get to know...they know I like TMNT and they don't really say anything. Anyone that puts it down I tried to defend it or just let them think what they want. They can make fun of me all they want. Just makes them look stupid and immature. Just ignore them and go on with your life. No point wasting time on losers like them.

Dinny
10-31-2003, 07:52 AM
All of my friends, including my girlfriend know I like TMNT, they dont care, they actually like how its sorta individual. All they do is occasionally make jokes like, "Yeah he may be a good skateboarder, but I bet that orange turtle could beat him anyday!" just to wind me up evry now and then.

Bowser_Koopa
10-31-2003, 08:59 AM
I don't own any TMNT clothes but if I owned some I would surely wear them! I still remember me walking in to kindergarten class with a orange mikey sweater.

i still got my kidergarden backpack, it had mike and raph, playing a guitar and the keyboard, is so small... i keep my broken turtles there :') :)

"Yeah he may be a good skateboarder, but I bet that orange turtle could beat him anyday!"

hahaha! :lol: ...

Mars-Chan
10-31-2003, 12:01 PM
:lol:

Meira-Bates
10-31-2003, 11:14 PM
I used to get teased a lot for liking anime before it was 'in'. I was like one of those mysterious-o types in school though. You could only tell I liked anime because I caried my huge arse Japanese anime card collection with me a lot to use for poses and junk, but I was the type that just seemed like I ignored the world around me unless it was to my intrest or benifit. They still teased me though, so that proves that the 'ignore them' therory isn't /always/ true... It works with some people though ^.^

GK Punk
11-01-2003, 12:01 AM
I used to get teased a lot for liking anime before it was 'in'. I was like one of those mysterious-o types in school though. You could only tell I liked anime because I caried my huge arse Japanese anime card collection with me a lot to use for poses and junk, but I was the type that just seemed like I ignored the world around me unless it was to my intrest or benifit. They still teased me though, so that proves that the 'ignore them' therory isn't /always/ true... It works with some people though ^.^

Yeah, I was really big in to anime back in the early 90s(91 was my first year as an anime fan) And back then people used to talk **** if you liked it.
I used to hope to meet someone else that shared it as a hobby...

Ironically, I dislike 90% of all anime fans I meet now -_-;;;;

Meira-Bates
11-01-2003, 12:13 AM
I think I started in 1989, but then again I was in Okinawa then, so it didn't count. Lessee...I was getting teased around....91 I think and onwards untill DBZ became the big thing, then people left me alone about it, and by that time, I'd fully grown out of DBZ as I'd seen it backwards and forwards in Japanese, ect, ect, ect...Now I'm starting to think I'm growing out of anime all together, as it's getting really hard to impress me with anime or manga...whereas, I used to just cling to any bits of Japan I could get my hands on.