PDA

View Full Version : DC Superhero Girls Animated Series In 2018

ZariusTwo
05-23-2017, 11:04 AM
Coming to Cartoon Network and developed by Lauren Faust

http://www.newsarama.com/34598-all-new-dc-super-hero-girls-animated-series-coming-in-2018-redesigned-by-my-little-pony-artist.html

plastroncafe
05-23-2017, 11:09 AM
I know a handful of kids who're going to be DELIGHTED AF for this.

TurtleTitan97
05-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Would rather prefer it was Super Best Friends Forever that was getting a series instead.

CyberCubed
05-23-2017, 11:32 AM
Thank goodness we're getting a Young Justice Season 3, because otherwise it seems every new DC cartoon will just be a comedy-type series for kids.

Vegita-San
05-23-2017, 11:33 AM
i wonder if this is their answer to star wars female lead show.

it's rather sad these days when i think 'femenism!' rather than 'cool idea'.

but that WAS my first thought with the star wars show thanks to some of the things going on there, and not more than 2 years ago the reaction to BOTH would have been cool.

now i have to question who's doing it and what are their motives?
sad

drgon78
05-23-2017, 11:57 AM
It might be fun.

ProphetofGanja
05-23-2017, 12:39 PM
i wonder if this is their answer to star wars female lead show.

it's rather sad these days when i think 'femenism!' rather than 'cool idea'.

but that WAS my first thought with the star wars show thanks to some of the things going on there, and not more than 2 years ago the reaction to BOTH would have been cool.

now i have to question who's doing it and what are their motives?
sad

So young girls aren't allowed to have their own superhero shows? You're really going to be that guy going "wah, this isn't for me and I don't like it!"?

Autbot_Benz
05-23-2017, 12:41 PM
So young girls aren't allowed to have their own superhero shows? You're really going to be that guy going "wah, this isn't for me and I don't like it!"?

Its Vegita-San he can't go one day without complaining about something whether its turtles or this :lol:

ProphetofGanja
05-23-2017, 12:45 PM
Its Vegita-San he can't go one day without complaining about something whether its turtles or this :lol:

;o) ;o) ;o)

PApagreg
05-23-2017, 12:49 PM
I might check it out but I reallllllyyyyy don't like the character designs, their faces and figures lack personality imo

Candy Kappa
05-23-2017, 12:50 PM
Awesome!
I really liked the concept, toys and what I saw of the first show. And I like Faust a lot, so I'm excited.

But is it just a new season with a redesign, reboot or something new entirely with the brand?

Vegita-San
05-23-2017, 12:59 PM

sigh.

it's posts like that that make me wonder why things like this are made.

is it all 'girl power' 'death to the patriarchy' or is it 'this is a cool idea that deserves it's shot to shine?

just because i question the motives behind a show these days doesn't mean i don't think it's a good idea. but all this 'men are evil' stuff i see coming out of other areas makes me wonder when i see announcements like it.

but, that's my problem. feel free to ignore it if it bugs you :)

Vegita-San
05-23-2017, 01:01 PM

there are reasons why i'm a big grump. dealing with people on forums daily is part of it :o).

Besides, if we where all happy and accepting of things hollywood gave us, we'd be drones :).

Candy Kappa
05-23-2017, 01:04 PM
Why are you so scared of girl power Vegita?

Vegita-San
05-23-2017, 01:07 PM
i'm not.

I grew up in a time with strong female leads. i never questioned it and HATED the blonde dumb stereo type.

But when i see things like the new head of lucas film saying things like 'the male audience doesn't matter anymore'...that's not right either.

and then things like the feigbuster debacle where they actively went out of their way to make every man dumb or annoying or evil....

yeah, it changes my viewpoint on things like this and not in the way people who usually create these type of shows intended.

As i said before, more female driven characters would have been unquestionably welcome not more than two years before. now i question why it's being done because past projects put me on guard :/

even i find it quite sad. but, like i said, my problem :). you're free to enjoy things however you wish :).

PApagreg
05-23-2017, 01:17 PM
Why are you so scared of girl power Vegita?

Cause he got his butt kicked by 18

Vegita-San
05-23-2017, 01:20 PM
Cause he got his butt kicked by 18

'you just HAD to bring that up, didn't you!':lol:

Allio
05-23-2017, 01:33 PM
****, I'd much prefer if Ever After High got a full fledge series. Series has such enriching characters, great development and endless possibilities. Granted, post rebrand has been lacking

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Babs and Harley as frenemies sounds delightful.

plastroncafe
05-23-2017, 01:59 PM

He's got one thesis, and he's sticking to it.
Well two.

1) If it doesn't cater to me specifically, it must be tokenist crap and I hate it.
2) People who disagree with me and played out complaints are making the world worse!

I agree with Titan97, I'd be far more likely to watch this if it were Super Best Friends Forever.
But it looks cute, and Faust is magic.

Raph's Girl
05-23-2017, 02:17 PM
But is it just a new season with a redesign, reboot or something new entirely with the brand?

Considering that Harley's now a bad guy and Diana's BFF is now Katana Im going with reboot AND something new with the brand. With Faust at the helm it's gonna be awesome!!

Also, this has rebirth characters in it with the intro of Jessica Cruz.

BubblyShell22
05-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Sounds interesting. I know they made a movie or two with these characters and I've seen the dolls advertised too. With Faust on board, I think this will be neat and I definitely might check it out.

Raph's Girl
05-23-2017, 04:06 PM
Sounds interesting. I know they made a movie or two with these characters and I've seen the dolls advertised too. With Faust on board, I think this will be neat and I definitely might check it out.

3 seasons of the web series, 3 movies, action figures, dolls, books, comics.... and now finally a full on tv series! :D

BubblyShell22
05-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Ah, I see. Nice.

Allio
10-22-2017, 02:23 AM
So was reading "The Legend of Shadow High," which is a Monster High/Ever After High crossover, and the whole book is meta as all hell (which is par for the course of Ever After High) well in the story we are introduced to the "world of stories" which pretty much has it that the gods called "Authors" created a world of imaginations where characters of stories lived it.

Well we learn that there are "Superhero Stories" in this world, we aren't ever confirmed but I do wonder if that was suppose to be meant for "DC Superhero Girls" as Mattel who does Monster HIgh/Ever After hIgh also does their toyline, which would match up to everything else we know about the "World of Stories."

Though that does make me think how would the DC Superhero Girls match up to "Unmaking Lava" from Shadow High, which is like the D-Reaper of fiction as whatever it touches turns everything into concepts of A's, B's, C's, and D's.