PDA

View Full Version : Introverted, extroverted or somewhere in-between?

Stephen
05-24-2017, 06:15 AM
Are you introverted, extroverted or somewhere in-between?

BubblyShell22
05-24-2017, 06:35 AM
I would classify myself as mostly an in between for the most part. I enjoy being by myself a lot, but I don't mind company at times.

ProactiveMan
05-24-2017, 08:15 AM
I'm an introvert. I spend a lot of time in my own company, and I'm very quiet around people I don't know very well.

Stephen
05-24-2017, 08:22 AM
In-between for me. It's kinda fluctuated back and forth over the years, depending on confidence levels.

Vegita-San
05-24-2017, 09:09 AM
introverted.

I've learned the hard way people can't be trusted. best to keep to ones self. also a hard ass, and non conformer. i do things my own way :).

Wesley
05-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Somewhere in-between. I don't mind being alone, though I'm open to talking to other people a lot once I get to know them a bit.

Katie
05-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Introverts find being around other people draining. Extroverts find it energizing.

I'm an introvert, but because of my job I have to be around a lot of people every day at the office. I've trained myself to be less drained by the interaction.

I take walks and breaks in the caffeteria during non-meal times to decompress.

plastroncafe
05-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Extrovert. Totally.

triplexxx
05-24-2017, 12:02 PM
For some reason, talking makes me feel more tired than physical activity. However, in family/social situations, I do enjoy talking; in school/work situations or when it come to subjects involving either of which, on the other hand, I usually avoid discussion as much as humanly possible, either because I don't want to risk arousing hostilities in a potentially hostile environment or because I don't want anyone to know about it. Usually when I do socialize I allow others to start the discussion and I just follow, I find it more comfortable for everyone when I allow others to decide what they wish to discuss, as long as it's not a subject that's restricted by me.
Overall, I would say in-between, leaning more towards introverted.

IndigoErth
05-24-2017, 12:22 PM
Very much introvert. I am pretty much the opposite of being socially needy. (And I know some extroverts who do act needy - talk about an energy zapper.) It does not take me long to get my fill of other people. Some people I can enjoy being around a while, others, such as gusts that were not my idea, is more of a tolerance... If they're someone's else's guest, I'll visit long enough to be polite then go do my own thing instead of sitting there bored listing to them talk.

This is pretty much my sister and me:

http://i.imgur.com/KHRQRZI.jpg

Now, I can't say that's 100% her and her level of racket tends to depend on how tired she is, but there's always some. Where for me, I get home from work and I'm done with it all and want some peace and quiet. Which means they all drive me nuts at times because then my mom and sister can have loud, long winded conversations, or my brother-in-law gets home and frequently has some way too long drama (via work) story to go on about...and I'm just really wishing everyone would shut up for a while because listening to them from another room even tires me out. lol Sure, sometimes I've got a story to tell, but I'll tend to either save it for later or keep it short.

Friends don't think I'm all that social, and yeah, I'm not, but I have plenty enough at home to tire me out from the start.

Splinter the boss
05-24-2017, 01:47 PM
I am introverted because I find expressing emotions to people weird. It's weak. I don't even tell my feelings to my mother, I don't need to say more.

Cure
05-24-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm extroverted. I do well around people and find it easy to speak to anyone.

Netkeeper
05-24-2017, 03:56 PM
I am introverted because I find expressing emotions to people weird. It's weak. I don't even tell my feelings to my mother, I don't need to say more.
That's not being an introvert that's being weird and having a weird hangup about talking about your emotions, it isn't weak

FredWolfLeonardo
05-24-2017, 04:01 PM
I guess im in between since I really don't have an aversion to being alone or around other people and can do both comfortably.

Storm Eagle
05-24-2017, 10:03 PM
I guess im in between since I really don't have an aversion to being alone or around other people and can do both comfortably.

I think that sounds more like me. I voted that I'm an ambivert, though I might lean more towards the introvert side. It all depends on who I'm around. If I actually appreciate the people I'm around, and I know they appreciate me, then it's just fine.

DarkFell
05-25-2017, 12:15 AM
I'm an introvert with people I don't know, and an extrovert with people that I like.

Strangely though, I'm in-between with my family. :l

Donatello19
05-25-2017, 04:32 AM
Depends who I'm with, really.

Netkeeper
05-25-2017, 10:36 AM
Okay, ambiverts are literally not that common, most of you are probably introverts

It has to do with how you recharge and not what people you're specifically around, do you recharge when you're alone or when you're interacting with other people

ProactiveMan
05-25-2017, 08:14 PM
What do you mean by recharge?

Splinter the boss
05-26-2017, 11:30 AM
What do you mean by recharge?
He means regaining your energy or your strength.

plastroncafe
05-26-2017, 11:36 AM
What do you find more stress-relieving?
Being with a group of people?
Or being alone?

Imagine you've had a really bad day. You're at your wits' end, and just done. Totally done.

Do you

A) Retreat to your home to be alone
B) Go out to a bar/restaurant/friend's house

Andrew NDB
05-26-2017, 11:49 AM
What do you find more stress-relieving?
Being with a group of people?
Or being alone?

Depends on the group, doesn't it?

plastroncafe
05-26-2017, 11:54 AM

Nope.
Go with your gut.

What helps you find your center?
Yourself or other people.

IndigoErth
05-26-2017, 12:11 PM
God no. It could be people I love most in the world, but if I'm drained from work or whatnot, no amount of time with them is going to make me feel better; even more tired and done with everything actually. That's not going to be enjoyable for either them or me.

Not that I could never agree to plans after work, but 1) no last minute invites please ("last minute" includes both same day and one day prior), and 2) I need some time to chill out at home for a while first so lets make it at an evening hour. But if I decline, it isn't anything personal.

Plastron, you seem to be one of the only extroverts I've seen that gets it.

edit: Essentially... Extroverts draw energy by interacting, while an introvert spends it. Technically you could say that in an introvert-extrovert friendship/conversation, the introvert is, in a way, kind of generously spending theirs on the interaction while the extrovert is gaining it in return. Just how people are. But extreme extroverts, just try not to use your introverts as a too much of a battery, okay? lol

plastroncafe
05-26-2017, 12:18 PM
Plastron, you seem to be one of the only extroverts I've seen that gets it.

Why thank you!
I have, through no overt intention on my part, amassed a rather large group of introverted friends over the years.

BubblyShell22
05-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Definitely being alone is better for me. I like having that peace and quiet, though these days, that's pretty difficult to come by. But when I do get those moments, I cherish them.