PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Amazing Adventures: Robotanimals! #1 preview & discussion

AlZarkovski
05-27-2017, 08:05 AM
Preview here (http://www.cbr.com/tmnt-amazing-adventures-robotanimals-1-exclusive-preview/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list).

myconius
05-27-2017, 09:39 AM
i've added this to my pull-list.

Robotanimals, i'm going in with low expectations.

it'd be great if we eventually see another Batman/Tmnt Adventures down the line.

neatoman
05-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Running out of mutagen... Is it weird that has never been a story before aside from Secret of the Ooze I guess? Pretty sure it's almost always depicted as an alien resource, kind of weird that the scarcity angle is almost never played with.

On the subject of the robotizing concept though, flesh into robots through is kind of dumb... Ok, it's really dumb, but I guess it's not dumber than flesh and blood turning into ice cream? And at least this seems more interesting than most of the other AA stories.

CyberCubed
05-27-2017, 11:47 AM
Well for now this is the last Nick animated adventures comics. I wonder why they decided to make another 3-parter after the Batman crossover ended.

neatoman
05-27-2017, 11:56 AM
Well for now this is the last Nick animated adventures comics. I wonder why they decided to make another 3-parter after the Batman crossover ended.

I don't know, maybe they feel it should go out with another bang, one that won't potentially end up in a shared profits nightmare?

funatic
05-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Wow the last issue of this isn't slated for release until September 6th? that's quite a gap.

CyberCubed
05-27-2017, 02:11 PM
Wow the last issue of this isn't slated for release until September 6th? that's quite a gap.

It's only a 1 month gap...? If this issue comes out in June, the second in July...I guess they miss August?

funatic
05-28-2017, 12:49 AM
It's only a 1 month gap...? If this issue comes out in June, the second in July...I guess they miss August?

Yeah there's about a month and a half of extra time compared to a typical release for three issues. Wonder why.

miru
05-30-2017, 01:33 PM
So Baxter's seen a certain event in the 2003 universe...

neatoman
05-30-2017, 01:50 PM
So Baxter's seen a certain event in the 2003 universe...

I went back to check and I have no idea what you're talking about.

miru
05-30-2017, 09:20 PM
I went back to check and I have no idea what you're talking about.

The Fight For the Fox Box.

neatoman
05-31-2017, 02:39 AM
The Fight For the Fox Box.

It's a reference to a promo? You might as well tell me what part of it, because I'm not going to watch 30 minutes of cartoon clips redubbed to be about supervillains trying to disrupt a TV broadcast...

pferreira
06-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Running out of mutagen... Is it weird that has never been a story before aside from Secret of the Ooze I guess? Pretty sure it's almost always depicted as an alien resource, kind of weird that the scarcity angle is almost never played with.http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Planet_of_the_Turtleoids,_Part_1

ToTheNines
06-07-2017, 05:15 PM
So between Pete being on the team and Stockman still being a mutant in a post-Owari story, we finally have our first major contradictions with the show.

An alright issue though, the colors were much better than usual, and I'm noticing a slight Sommariva influence on Thomas' pencils.

I mainly like these books because they give me my Nick TMNT fix in between episodes. I wonder how this NAA/Amazing Adventures will hold up when I go through and reread them all.

myconius
06-07-2017, 07:43 PM
So between Pete being on the team and Stockman still being a mutant in a post-Owari story, we finally have our first major contradictions with the show.

An alright issue though, the colors were much better than usual, and I'm noticing a slight Sommariva influence on Thomas' pencils.

I mainly like these books because they give me my Nick TMNT fix in between episodes. I wonder how this NAA/Amazing Adventures will hold up when I go through and reread them all.

yeah this story definitely felt disjointed from the tv series.

i hadn't read an NAA/Amazing Adventures in a while so at first this was a bit of a shock to the system. though after i got warmed into it, it was a pretty fun read.

i'm very curious how a re-read of this series will hold up as well.

Kingoji
06-09-2017, 05:12 AM
Surely "Mechanimals" rolls of the tongue better...

oldmanwinters
06-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Surely "Mechanimals" rolls of the tongue better...

Definitely.

In my mind, I keep reading the current title as "Robo-tanimals," and I'm really not sure if that's the intent (mirroring "Mu-tanimals") or if it's supposed to be "Robot Animals."

Or best of all "Mighty Mutant Mechanimals."

DrSpengler
06-09-2017, 07:46 AM
I've a sneaking suspicion that they probably wanted "Mechanimals" but found out it was already trademarked or something.

oldmanwinters
06-09-2017, 07:02 PM
I've a sneaking suspicion that they probably wanted "Mechanimals" but found out it was already trademarked or something.

Haha, lookie here!
https://www.amazon.com/Mechanimals-Chris-Tougas/dp/145980273X?ie=UTF8&%2AVersion%2A=1&%2Aentries%2A=0

IDW was five years too late to the party, I guess?

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Reminds me of Fatimals. Seen them at Target the other day. I guess every name is taken.
https://www.target.com/p/tiger-fatimal/-/A-51958287

Coola Yagami
06-09-2017, 08:00 PM
So.... Baxter pulled a Robotnik...

oldmanwinters
06-09-2017, 08:08 PM
So.... Baxter pulled a Robotnik...

Man, Baxter's roboticization process was a lot more effective than any of Robotnik's best laid plans. Who knew some spare nanobots and a little mutagen were all it would take to make the perfect mind-control weapon?

Also, I was surprised to see this universe's take on Scumbug and Antrax introduced with so little fanfare. I wonder if IDW had to ask Nick's permission to use them since the TV show didn't touch them.

CyberCubed
06-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Also, I was surprised to see this universe's take on Scumbug and Antrax introduced with so little fanfare. I wonder if IDW had to ask Nick's permission to use them since the TV show didn't touch them.

Hm? Scumbug and Antrax debuted in Season 4 of the Nick cartoon, in a Baxter Stockman episode.

Powder
06-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Yep, with the same exact designs & serving as his henchmen.

oldmanwinters
06-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Hm? Scumbug and Antrax debuted in Season 4 of the Nick cartoon, in a Baxter Stockman episode.

Yep, with the same exact designs & serving as his henchmen.

Dang, that must have completely slipped my mind. Where they only in one episode?

neatoman
06-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Did this actually come out or what? I haven't been able to find a copy.

CyberCubed
06-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Dang, that must have completely slipped my mind. Where they only in one episode?

They were in "Insecta Trifecta" of Season 4, it just aired last year. You even commented in the episode review thread for the episode:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56298&highlight=scumbug&page=3

:lol:

myconius
06-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Did this actually come out or what? I haven't been able to find a copy.

yeah it just came out this past Wednesday.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=43696307

oldmanwinters
06-10-2017, 09:45 PM
They were in "Insecta Trifecta" of Season 4, it just aired last year. You even commented in the episode review thread for the episode:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56298&highlight=scumbug&page=3

:lol:

Oh, and I see it was almost entirely forgettable for me even back then! Nick really dropped the ball on Scumbug's potential, and though Antrax was never that interesting in the Fred Wolf cartoon, I liked his original action figure backstory so much more than the generic product the Nick toon gave us.