PDA

View Full Version : New TMNT Summer Shorts Series

Pages : [1] 2

Vicky82
05-31-2017, 11:32 AM
There is going to be a TMNT Summer short series and it will be on Facebook

tmnt See #TMNT like NEVER BEFORE in a new Summer Shorts series! The first film kicks off this Sunday on the #TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles Facebook page

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUw27fAD-Vg/?taken-by=tmnt

drewizzle88
05-31-2017, 11:49 AM
:trolleye: Sigh...I'm at a loss for words on what I just saw.

neatoman
05-31-2017, 11:50 AM
Va5_rn3vG3A

Seriously, I don't know what to make of this promo. I can't tell how many shorts there are actually going to be, I can't tell if most are just cheap or rushed, I don't even have a clear idea of what some of them will look like based on the footage (how is that even possible?).

TigerClaw
05-31-2017, 11:59 AM
There is going to be a TMNT Summer short series and it will be on Facebook

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUw27fAD-Vg/?taken-by=tmnt
Looks like these shorts will consist of different artists, and mixed with some live action shorts.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
05-31-2017, 12:00 PM
Nothing to take seriously at least, I guess...

Redworld96
05-31-2017, 12:01 PM
I've moved my reply from S5 thread to this one because I didn't know there was already a thread about it:

I tried to compile all the scenes in their respective “short”:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/adb38f4ec002ea9bdeb10a139fe5cf49/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o1_1280.jpg https://68.media.tumblr.com/6f13105b50c152196f68d0116a437776/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o2_1280.jpg https://68.media.tumblr.com/b6aeb4361e5db5c885d8146600983f06/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o3_1280.jpg https://68.media.tumblr.com/f4770cbf4c3a62196894da0fe3c66ea3/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o4_1280.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/852fa549360b6b78693ae1aad80eba95/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o5_1280.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/23bf9cd70ab56ea9ea59d9ec18667513/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o6_1280.jpg

But to be honest, with the last picture I’m not sure if those scenes are from the same short or not ….

But we’ll have at least 6 new shorts

Candy Kappa
05-31-2017, 12:03 PM
Some of them looks really fun.

05-31-2017, 12:06 PM
One of the images looks like some town in the southern parts of Italy.

neatoman
05-31-2017, 12:11 PM
I've moved my reply from S5 thread to this one because I didn't know there was already a thread about it:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/adb38f4ec002ea9bdeb10a139fe5cf49/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o1_1280.jpg https://68.media.tumblr.com/6f13105b50c152196f68d0116a437776/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o2_1280.jpg https://68.media.tumblr.com/b6aeb4361e5db5c885d8146600983f06/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o3_1280.jpg https://68.media.tumblr.com/f4770cbf4c3a62196894da0fe3c66ea3/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o4_1280.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/852fa549360b6b78693ae1aad80eba95/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o5_1280.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/23bf9cd70ab56ea9ea59d9ec18667513/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o6_1280.jpg

But to be honest, with the last picture I’m not sure if those scenes are from the same short or not ….

But we’ll have at least 6 new shorts

In the first one, why does Raph have a double chin and why does April(?) look like Lars from Steven Universe?

05-31-2017, 12:27 PM
So this is what Nickelodeon will focus time and money on these days rather than the ordinary episodes?

CyberCubed
05-31-2017, 12:37 PM
So this is what Nickelodeon will focus time and money on these days rather than the ordinary episodes?

Dude, they literally just announced another full-fledged series of 26 episodes in 2018. They can't make episodes over night.

These are shorts.

graphic_content
05-31-2017, 12:44 PM
some of these look amazing - - others not so much.

I love seeing different artistic interpretations of the turtles. Considering a majority of this showcase looks to be 2D, I wonder if this is Nickelodeon's attempt to transition their audience away from the current 3D run, in preparation for newly announced series.

plastroncafe
05-31-2017, 12:50 PM
Sweet! A DC Nation Short approach.
I dig it.

Nick, you now have ONE JOB: Bring me something like this
IrDiTjsAOFs

IndigoErth
05-31-2017, 12:57 PM
Uhhhh.... What.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of the shorts the '03 series did. (That I guess aired in commercial breaks back then?) This pretty much looks like the kooky little things Nick puts on their website, which "shorts" is prob not the best term for them, imo.

"Live action" being humans in masks and junk... pass. Krang being silly? This out of character stuff would be easier to accept if it was just a small showcase of fan-made weirdness.

A couple of them look cool though.

05-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Dude, they literally just announced another full-fledged series of 26 episodes in 2018. They can't make episodes over night.

These are shorts.

Nickelodeon reduced season 5 from 26 to 20 episodes, and I'm afraid the 2018 series will become something like these.

Vicky82
05-31-2017, 01:09 PM
I guess due to how popular the 3 shorts were that we had last year, they decided to make more and turn it into a little series.

Nickelodeon reduced season 5 from 26 to 20 episodes, and I'm afraid the 2018 series will become something like these.

These are just small shorts that going to last under 5 minutes and anyway these videos will be on Facebook.

CyberCubed
05-31-2017, 01:11 PM

These are 5 minute shorts. They have no impact on the production of a main cartoon. These are made by completely different people working on the regular Nick TMNT shows.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-31-2017, 01:16 PM
A couple of those look atrocious.

plastroncafe
05-31-2017, 01:17 PM
A couple of those look atrocious.

But a couple of them also look cool as hell.

Andrew NDB
05-31-2017, 01:19 PM
Appears to range somewhere between "god-awful/craptastic" and "mediocre." But none of them even seem like they're striving for anything resembling greatness, or even "good." Might be intended to kind of prepare people for whatever wacky, "cray-cray" sort of tone that's coming in the new cartoon.

Not that these are really intended for anyone on this board watching them. Maybe the pot-smokers and mushroom eaters among our ranks.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-31-2017, 01:32 PM
But a couple of them also look cool as hell.

I definitely liked the looks of one of them. And one of them... are those Robocop Turtles? Wut?

DestronMirage22
05-31-2017, 01:34 PM
So this is what the franchise has come to?

Dang.

CyberCubed
05-31-2017, 01:37 PM
So this is what the franchise has come to?

Dang.

They're just 5 minute shorts. They're harmless.

Now if the 2018 series is similar to these, then we have a problem, but as of right now this stuff is just fluff.

plastroncafe
05-31-2017, 01:41 PM
I definitely liked the looks of one of them. And one of them... are those Robocop Turtles? Wut?

Sure! Why not?
I mean...we've seen them as 'roided out tanks, why not Robocops?

One thing I do enjoy about projects like this one, it's always far easier to see where fandom folks fall on the Conservator or Transformative spectrum.

(Formerly fanboy vs fangirl)

neatoman
05-31-2017, 01:42 PM
Appears to range somewhere between "god-awful/craptastic" and "mediocre." But none of them even seem like they're striving for anything resembling greatness, or even "good." Might be intended to kind of prepare people for whatever wacky, "cray-cray" sort of tone that's coming in the new cartoon.

Not that these are really intended for anyone on this board watching them. Maybe the pot-smokers and mushroom eaters among our ranks.

Yeah, not gonna lie here. One or two look like they belong on Newgrounds in 2008, one is terrible rotoscope and one of them looks like something Nick would cancel after two seasons.

Sabacooza
05-31-2017, 03:02 PM
What is the point of any of this really? It's all quite ridiculous. Having lots of animated shorts in different styles isn't a bad idea per se but why do 99% of them have to look like garbage?

Cyndaquilfan123
05-31-2017, 03:11 PM
Cool, seems like fun!

Andrew NDB
05-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Cool, seems like fun!

Probably about as much fun as this, anyway:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/97/ac/91/97ac918983749b39ee0af6a7904293b8.jpg

ToTheNines
05-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Maybe the pot-smokers and mushroom eaters among our ranks.

:blanksta: Nah. Nothin' for me.

neatoman
05-31-2017, 03:26 PM
Probably about as much fun as this, anyway:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/97/ac/91/97ac918983749b39ee0af6a7904293b8.jpg

Eeeeeeeh... To be fair the one where they're on a train cart looks like it might be OK and the one with the robot turtles at least look acceptable in terms of style. Everything else though... Yeah, looks more or less like Murphy's law...

CyberCubed
05-31-2017, 03:32 PM
What is the point of any of this really? It's all quite ridiculous. Having lots of animated shorts in different styles isn't a bad idea per se but why do 99% of them have to look like garbage?

They look exactly the same as most Nick and Disney current cartoons. They're all animated in this style that looks like flash, with the flat character designs and thick outlines.

This has been the state of the cartoons for a decade now, with few exceptions like Avatar/Korra, Young Justice, etc.

neatoman
05-31-2017, 03:39 PM
They look exactly the same as most Nick and Disney current cartoons. They're all animated in this style that looks like flash, with the flat character designs and thick outlines.

This has been the state of the cartoons for a decade now, with few exceptions like Avatar/Korra, Young Justice, etc.

No... The ugliest that might pass for one of those shows is the one where Krang is waiting in the pregnancy ward, above that there are only two that would look acceptable as a full series. Everything else looks really badly animated.

The Turtle Terminator
05-31-2017, 03:40 PM
That was amazing. I'm looking forward to this. I hope the 2018 show is like this. This franchise is headed in the right direction. Onwards and upwards from this point!

[Note the sarcasm]

sdp
05-31-2017, 03:44 PM
These are not "rushed", I'm sure they all take a great deal of time to make, just because you don't like the art style doesn't mean they are lazy. Many companies have done shorts like these where they try different art styles and it's cool, of course some art styles work better than others and some you wish would become real series and others you're glad they'll only ever be these short films. DC Nations, Tomb Raider Revisioned, Batman Gotham Knight, The Animatrix among others have experimented with stuff like this.

I think these will be fun, I don't know if they'll be 5 minutes, they might be shorter since they'll be posed on facebook and not youtube, also there seems to be a few more shorts than last year where we only got 3 so I'm guessing around 2 minutes each is more likely.

drag0nfeathers
05-31-2017, 04:16 PM
They're just 5 minute shorts. They're harmless.

Now if the 2018 series is similar to these, then we have a problem, but as of right now this stuff is just fluff.

I gotta agree here.

I'm glad they are making more of the shorts. A couple in my opinion are not going to probably be for me, but there were a some that also looked pretty cool... so it's a little something for everyone to celebrate the series throughout the years I guess. Nothing to get our panties in a twist about.

I'm assuming because the SDCC shorts were popular they went ahead with a few more so let's not judge them too harshly until we actually see them. From what I have read they have nothing to do with the new series premiering in 2018.

I personally loved the short from Jhonen Vasquez... a series geared in that direction would be my dream come true.

Andrew NDB
05-31-2017, 05:28 PM
Say, I wonder as these start coming out, if we'll be visited by any more Viacom/Paramount/Nickelodeon PLANTS.

Oh, what...

http://www.highlander-community.com/drg.jpg

it's a little something for everyone to celebrate the series throughout the years

http://thecripplegate.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/fence.jpg

BubblyShell22
05-31-2017, 06:08 PM
Some of these look good while others I'm not too keen on the designs. But since this is all in good fun and not anything serious, I don't see the point in wigging out about it.

Powder
05-31-2017, 07:11 PM
I don't get the negative response from so many of you. It's harmless fun. Artist teams with ties to Nick were given the chance to flex their creative muscles on some goofy little cartoons for the sake of our amusement. Doesn't rewrite history or leave a blemish on the brand. Jeez.

I agree that at least half of 'em prompt a "wtf" but anything beyond that is an overreaction.

I'm most eager to see the chibi & mech ones.

Vegita-San
05-31-2017, 07:12 PM

THe top paragraph totally. if i didn't think someone stated they are already working on the new toon, i'd say this would be to judge which one of the new 'cray cray' styles is the most popular, and they'd run with that.

But i have no idea who the hell they think this will appeal too.

MOST of TMNT's audience is not into that zany Teen Titans Go style crap animation or attempts at lame humor like the krang in the ward short.

i'm not even sure what that is supposed to be about.. so he touches two bellies....accompanied by a lame stretchy sound effect....ha ha...ha? uhm..ok. lay off the crack smoking nick peoples...and no, i didn't have any trying to write that ;o).

FredWolfLeonardo
05-31-2017, 07:32 PM
I'm looking most forward to the anime Mecha short.

But my least favourite upon first impressions has to be the breadwinners one, it just looks pure awful. But maybe its meant to be so bad its enjoyable, I dunno. Either way, its just harmless fun to be enjoyed.

The Facebook page confirmed these are not related to the new Rise show in any way.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
05-31-2017, 07:36 PM
Wow, I was not expecting this much pessimism to these. Then again, it is The Technodrome forums so I should expect anything less.

Legitimate question though: what is the difference between these shorts and the three that came out a short while ago? Why so much hate for one and love for the other?

I think these look super fun! Some definitely seem more in the style that cartoons are taking on nowadays.

TigerClaw
05-31-2017, 07:38 PM
I'm looking forward to these, I love to see different interpretations of TMNT from different animators.

Vegita-San
05-31-2017, 07:41 PM
i tend to not like stupid goofy zany humor....

the most i'll take of that is something like beavis and butthead. that's a guilty pleasure.

I prefer something with a little more...oomph to it.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-31-2017, 07:41 PM
As much as I don't like Breadwinners, and absolutely do not like the idea of the FW turtles being done in their style, I don't mind them being done as shorts just for silly fun.

P.s. I wonder if Kevin Micheal Richardson will do 80's Shredder for the short as a test for his debut in the Nick toon. When 80s Shredder said "Excellent" in the trailer, it sounded alot like the original so I suspect it could be KMR.

CyberCubed
05-31-2017, 08:14 PM
Wow, I was not expecting this much pessimism to these. Then again, it is The Technodrome forums so I should expect anything less.

Legitimate question though: what is the difference between these shorts and the three that came out a short while ago? Why so much hate for one and love for the other? .

Agreed. These just look like fun shorts. I don't mind them for that reason, in fact I wouldn't mind if these became a regular thing and we got 30+ of them over time.

drag0nfeathers
05-31-2017, 08:23 PM
Say, I wonder as these start coming out, if we'll be visited by any more Viacom/Paramount/Nickelodeon PLANTS.

Oh, what...

http://www.highlander-community.com/drg.jpg

http://thecripplegate.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/fence.jpg

What are you talking about dude? Kinda the reason why I lurked here for so many years without joining was because people on here are so unnecessarily hostile to any opinion whatsoever. *sigh* Not that I should have to justify myself to anyone because I've only been a member since 2014, (like it should matter) but I am 35 years old and have been a fan since TMNT made it's debut in the 80's when I was a child.

Peter Laird literally sat in the passenger seat of my car at the Shellback signoff last year so questioning my integrity about the topic in this thread is a little unnecessary... so yea... it's just my opinion. You don't really need to be a passive aggressive dick. :twink:

By the way I work for Lowes... not Viacom, Paramount or Nickelodeon...

oldmanwinters
05-31-2017, 09:47 PM
I don't get the negative response from so many of you. It's harmless fun. Artist teams with ties to Nick were given the chance to flex their creative muscles on some goofy little cartoons for the sake of our amusement. Doesn't rewrite history or leave a blemish on the brand. Jeez.

I agree that at least half of 'em prompt a "wtf" but anything beyond that is an overreaction.

Yeah, it's not unlike some of the ran-dumb insanity seen during the "guest era" of Mirage Volume 1.

Powder
05-31-2017, 10:06 PM
This is the post-buyout Hedden & McWeeney phase, eh? :tlol:

Cure
05-31-2017, 10:13 PM

Yeah, I agree with you. They're completely harmless and some even look kind of dope.

Andrew NDB
05-31-2017, 10:47 PM
What are you talking about dude? Kinda the reason why I lurked here for so many years without joining was because people on here are so unnecessarily hostile to any opinion whatsoever. *sigh* Not that I should have to justify myself to anyone because I've only been a member since 2014, (like it should matter) but I am 35 years old and have been a fan since TMNT made it's debut in the 80's when I was a child.

Peter Laird literally sat in the passenger seat of my car at the Shellback signoff last year so questioning my integrity about the topic in this thread is a little unnecessary... so yea... it's just my opinion. You don't really need to be a passive aggressive dick. :twink:

By the way I work for Lowes... not Viacom, Paramount or Nickelodeon...

I was just messing with you. Relax.

Probably on some kids Facebook group for TMNT they'll love it. We're a bunch of late 20s, 30s, 40 year olds around here, largely. All of those shorts look like garbage to me, but I'm well aware they're not remotely for me. But they're still garbage.

Devil's advocate, though... anyone jump in here... what exactly is there to like in those clips? I mean, seriously. Um... creatively wacky uses of... Fred Wolfisms? Uh...?

plastroncafe
05-31-2017, 10:54 PM
I keep forgetting how uncool it is to like a thing.
Thanks for reminding me, Andrew.

Where ever would we be without your guidance in these trying times.

drag0nfeathers
05-31-2017, 10:54 PM
I am perfectly relaxed. You were the one who was needlessly butthurt over an optimistic approach to these shorts but whatever man.

Andrew NDB
05-31-2017, 10:57 PM

Nothing wrong with liking it. I can sit next to someone and watch "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and watch them love it and get it. I may cringe, but I get it. They're allowed to like it.

I am perfectly relaxed. You were the one who was needlessly butthurt over an optimistic approach to these shorts but whatever man.

Pretty far from hurt. What Nick does with the children's material is pretty far from my radar beyond morbid curiosity.

plastroncafe
05-31-2017, 11:00 PM
Nothing wrong with liking it. I can sit next to someone and watch "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and watch them love it and get it. I may cringe, but I get it. They're allowed to like it.

Oh, well so long as we've your blessing and permission.

Pretty far from hurt. What Nick does with the children's material is pretty far from my radar beyond morbid curiosity.

Looks more like shitposting to me, to be frank.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
05-31-2017, 11:02 PM
Devil's advocate, though... anyone jump in here... what exactly is there to like in those clips? I mean, seriously. Um... creatively wacky uses of... Fred Wolfisms? Uh...?

I'm mostly intrigued by the different animation styles and interpretations, just plain curious to see others visions of what they would like TMNT to be, and these shorts are a great way to do that. I'm definitely not expecting too much as far as story goes.

Cure
05-31-2017, 11:19 PM

Where ever would we be without your guidance in these trying times.

It's the same thing every time. Teen Titans Go, the 2018 TMNT show, these shorts. It's not enough to dislike something. People can't just ignore it and be on, they have to try to constantly **** on it and everyone who likes it.

Sabacooza
06-01-2017, 05:40 AM
People have every right to voice their distaste for it just as much as others have every right to voice praise for it.

Vegita-San
06-01-2017, 08:21 AM

It's not even fred wolf isms. the animation is just flat out horrible. and the looks we got at the 'humor' is just bizzare.

I honestly have no idea who these are meant to appeal to other than people who like strange goofy things

Vegita-San
06-01-2017, 08:23 AM
People have every right to voice their distaste for it just as much as others have every right to voice praise for it.

why do the people who like things have to get so 'butt hurt' as they say over people who hate things?

It's like it personally offends them for some reason.

I understand it's easier to be negative over things these days and some people go over board with it, but still...

neatoman
06-01-2017, 08:56 AM
It's not even fred wolf isms. the animation is just flat out horrible. and the looks we got at the 'humor' is just bizzare.

I honestly have no idea who these are meant to appeal to other than people who like strange goofy things

Yeah I agree with this, while seeing the red headed fly Stockman bothers me to some extent, I don't think most of this looks good regardless of personal bias. The only ones I think looks OK are the train cart one and the robot one, the rest looks like it doesn't even belong on TV.

Sabacooza
06-01-2017, 09:12 AM
why do the people who like things have to get so 'butt hurt' as they say over people who hate things?

I understand it's easier to be negative over things these days and some people go over board with it, but still...We live in a world filled with delicate snowflakes I suppose.

drag0nfeathers
06-01-2017, 09:13 AM

I understand it's easier to be negative over things these days and some people go over board with it, but still...

Wasn't looking to stir up trouble with my choice of euphemism. I was just a little insulted that having a positive outlook and a let's wait and see before we judge them so harshly attitude got me attacked for no good reason.
I think a couple look like they're gonna be pretty stupid but some are obviously geared towards different audiences depending on what genre/generation of turtles each artist was fascinated/inspired by. I'm definitely more excited to seem some more than others but overall I like the idea of the shorts and seeing different artists interpretations. I hope they continue with them honestly.
Maybe eventually an IDW themed one will get so much fan attention we finally get an animated "adult themed" show. There is enough of an older fan base that an HBO or Netflix show based on the comics would be killer.

LeotheLateBloomer
06-01-2017, 10:06 AM
We're all entitled to our opinions. To me, these shorts don't look interesting.

Vicky82
06-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Here's the first short and they will be airing on Nicktoons too.

A futuristic New York is barraged by mutant criminals and only a turtle team can take them down.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-teenage-mecha-ninja-turtles/EP015893230128?aid=zap2it

They will be airing the Don vs Raph short as well.

Donatello and Raphael have a score to settle and will not rest until a true victor is crowned.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-don-vs-raph/EP015893230127?aid=zap2it

CyberCubed
06-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Interesting, the current Nick cast is voicing the Turtles in these shorts? I recall in the previous 3 shorts they had all new VA's for the Turtles.

Nice to see the Nick VA's do something else after the current show ended since they probably finished all their voicework for Season 5 by now.

plastroncafe
06-01-2017, 01:05 PM

I'm certainly not saying otherwise.

We live in a world filled with delicate snowflakes I suppose.

Is that what we're calling it now?
I thought it was more one person calling a friend out for being an @sshole.

I guess I'm just not hip to the newspeak.

Candy Kappa
06-01-2017, 01:49 PM
People that tell you to not be such a grump are "delicate snowflakes", made my day :lol:

Love Krang's boop.

neatoman
06-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Love Krang's boop.

I didn't. I really hope it's actually funny in context.

drag0nfeathers
06-03-2017, 10:26 AM
I think Kraang's boop was probably the most unsettling preview I saw, but I'm also strangely curious to see why he's in a maternity ward :tlol:

Ninturtle
06-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Interesting, the current Nick cast is voicing the Turtles in these shorts? I recall in the previous 3 shorts they had all new VA's for the Turtles.

Nice to see the Nick VA's do something else after the current show ended since they probably finished all their voicework for Season 5 by now.

Greg Cipes was the only VA to return in the previous shorts, he was in the one Auman made.

CyberCubed
06-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Yeah, it's just interesting they're using the entire Nick cast this time around, especially since their show is over now.

Vicky82
06-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Small clip of tomorrows short.

https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1400623583309902/

Ulisa
06-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Interesting concepts and it's certainly a fun idea but I just can't get past the animation. I've never been a fan of exaggerated, "chibi", or AdventureTime/Gravity Falls type of animation. I grew up with Disney Afternoon type of animation and I still prefer that style so this isn't for me. That being said though, I think I will give a few of them a watch, because if the voice acting is good, I can still get some enjoyment out if it.

Ceres
06-03-2017, 07:54 PM
I think Kraang's boop was probably the most unsettling preview I saw, but I'm also strangely curious to see why he's in a maternity ward :tlol:

Well my guess is he and Shredder did certain stuff unprotected so ...nah jk. I wonder what his intention is him being in such a place of all places...though i once saw Fanart of him where Shredder thought he was preggers from him and served him all kinds of stuff. Ahh yeah, Deviantart...

Chaotix12345
06-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Yeah, it's just interesting they're using the entire Nick cast this time around, especially since their show is over now.

If you're getting the info that the Nick cast are doing these from just the Zap2It listings, then it's best to take that with a grain of salt, as they're credited for EVERY episode on there, including Don vs. Raph, which they weren't in.

neatoman
06-04-2017, 03:05 AM
Small clip of tomorrows short.

https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1400623583309902/

Does that wolf seem familiar to anyone? I have no idea, doesn't look anything like Rahzar or Dreadmon.

Powder
06-04-2017, 03:40 AM
I was guessing it's an oddly styled Splinter. :tlol:

VaughnMichael
06-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Damn that first clip looks cool!

snake
06-04-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm excited! I loved the first wave of shorts for the most part.

drag0nfeathers
06-04-2017, 12:47 PM
I got more of a Splinter vibe, but yes I guess it could be a possible Rahzar maybe?

Coola Yagami
06-04-2017, 01:56 PM
It's def Splinter. They're kinda doing that thing where the turtles are super heroes and splinter is the villain.

neatoman
06-04-2017, 02:09 PM
How long until this actually hits?

Vicky82
06-04-2017, 02:40 PM
How long until this actually hits?

8:25pm eastern time on nicktoons and 9:15pm on facebook

neatoman
06-04-2017, 02:52 PM
8:25pm eastern time on nicktoons and 9:15pm on facebook

So roughly seven hours from now?

IndigoErth
06-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Just seen it. Interesting... I do like how it ended though.

It's not your Turtles... But it's entertaining enough.

edit: For future reference - comment about first short. https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/vb.115965091775764/1400958896609704/?type=2&theater

TigerClaw
06-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Just seen it. Interesting... I do like how it ended though.

It's not your Turtles... But it's entertaining enough.
So it's someone else's Turtles, since these are done with different animators, so it's there take on them.

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Okay, that felt like the Nick universe's version of fast forward: and better done than 4kids version, I might add. Kind of a TMNT version of batman beyond.

IndigoErth
06-04-2017, 08:35 PM
So it's someone else's Turtles, since these are done with different animators, so it's there take on them.
No, it's as I said, but I don't want to say too much. You'll see. lol

TigerClaw
06-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Here's the 1st Short.
https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1400958896609704/

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-04-2017, 08:38 PM
You were wrong dude, it was a wolf. And like I said;it's basically a tmnt version of batman beyond.

DestronMirage22
06-04-2017, 08:44 PM
I just had a thought: what if these shorts were Nicks way of testing the water before the new show? They're probably monitoring fan reaction to them and taking in account that information on what works and what doesn't now that they're making that new show.

IndigoErth
06-04-2017, 08:52 PM
I just had a thought: what if these shorts were Nicks way of testing the water before the new show? They're probably monitoring fan reaction to them and taking in account that information on what works and what doesn't now that they're making that new show.
For obvious reasons I don't want to spoil, the concept better as hell not be anything they consider to work.

Animation style wasn't too bad though, and I did kinda like the 'wolf pack' bad guys. (Granted a part of me was saying hyenas aren't really canines. lol)

Anyone else expect that dog, uh, person (with the megaphone) to go after the 'ball' that was thrown? lol

Powder
06-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Nice style & animation but MEH! Barely TMNT related at all.

ToTheNines
06-04-2017, 09:15 PM
First five minutes: what the **** am I watching?

Towards the end: ok seriously **** this.

Very end: Hell yeah!

FredWolfLeonardo
06-04-2017, 09:45 PM
I enjoyed the short, it was weird but still Interesting. The best part was the very end as others have said.

CyberCubed
06-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Did anyone notice the Dog police chief at the beginning was homage to Dog take a bite out of crime?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b3/45/a0/b345a05449ae176389d5ebdd96c8ef7b.jpg

Any 90's kid should remember this, this was everywhere back then.

IndigoErth
06-04-2017, 10:18 PM
:D I knew something felt vaguely familiar, but too tired and didn't quite click.

TigerClaw
06-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Did anyone notice the Dog police chief at the beginning was homage to Dog take a bite out of crime?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b3/45/a0/b345a05449ae176389d5ebdd96c8ef7b.jpg

Any 90's kid should remember this, this was everywhere back then.
He was also around since the 80s, he's McGruff the Crime Dog
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGruff_the_Crime_Dog

snake
06-04-2017, 10:25 PM
I liked it. A lot. Not very TMNT until the end, but seeing decent 2d western animation just warms my heart.

funatic
06-04-2017, 11:04 PM
I liked it. A lot. Not very TMNT until the end, but seeing decent 2d western animation just warms my heart.

Ditto. Animation definitely had a 2003 vibe. Especially those birds-eye NYC pans at the start.

CyberCubed
06-04-2017, 11:38 PM
Basically felt like Batman Beyond mixed with Fast Forward.

DestronMirage22
06-04-2017, 11:46 PM
Here's the 1st Short.

Barely got around to watching this thing a few times. It was OK. Nothing to draw me in besides the animation which was at least better than 2k12's. Ended how I expected it to. I also agree the whole thing had a Fast Forward vibe.

I only hope this wasn't the best if the bunch, otherwise it's all downhill from here.

Optimus Primer
06-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Loved this short. I'm also a huge mecha/Batman Beyond/Transformers Animated fan, so I'm biased, lol. Also, anyone notice the Mouser & Jim Lawson easter eggs?

http://imgur.com/a/5gpXh

victory_angel
06-05-2017, 01:15 AM
That is sort of how the Turtles would continue their legacy seeing as procreating the normal way isn't really an option. Give or take a few exceptions.

The best they can really hope for is taking on students (Such as street urchins or foster kids that fall through the system) to pass their legacy too. Kind of like how the Fast Forward episode the Future Turtle Titan was the grandson of Silver Sentry but didn't inherit his grandfather's powers, so he took up Michelangelo's legacy as the Turtle Titan as his own.

I liked the fact that Mikey was the wise master in this case. Normally you would expect it to be Leo as he is the one who is most dedicated to keeping the art of the Shinobi alive. In many cases, Leo excels in ninjitsu because he feels it's expected of him as the eldest brother and leader of the team. Both to better protect his younger brothers and to demonstrate what he feels Splinter expects.

But yet, I can also see Leo settling down and becoming more meditative in his elder years.

Raph I can see him leaving life as a ninja behind, instead becoming guardian of justice or a vigilante a la Nightwatcher

Donnie is the only one I see truly retiring from the Ninja life. That's not to say he puts up his bo staff for good. If anything he will still retain the disciplines and practices that he learned as a Ninja. But in many incarnations, it feels like he's destined to journey down a path that leads him away from his brothers.

Redworld96
06-05-2017, 01:54 AM
Ok ... that final was totally unexpected (but the best part of the short for sure!) :o the battle was ok I guess

Since Mecha Raph and Mecha Mikey talked I was saying: Why do they sound so .... womanish? :lol::lol::lol: And when the boys got out of the Robots I sense some Voltron Vibes, especially with the guy inside Mecha Donnie (with Cyborg of TT voice?)

Ninjinister
06-05-2017, 01:58 AM
I wonder if Basque was a reference to the Bebop? The hair and the glasses, not to mention that his Turtle counterpart shared a voice with him in the original series?

Candy Kappa
06-05-2017, 03:28 AM
Here's the 1st Short.

That was pretty cool, and I was expecting to dislike Robo-Turtles. I got a Louise Belcher vide from the MikeyBot pilot.

neatoman
06-05-2017, 03:41 AM
Well that was one of the two I thought looked acceptable from the promo...

It's barely connected to TMNT, if it wasn't for Mikey popping up at the end I'm not sure I would have ever connected it to TMNT, I would have just seen it as it's own thing with the colors/weapons being a reference. Still, for it's own thing it's not bad.

Vegita-San
06-05-2017, 06:58 AM
eh, i guess that one wasn't bad.

did i hear some fast forward music in there at the end?

not sure i liked the human students...but would probably have liked new mutants even less.

neatoman
06-05-2017, 07:12 AM
eh, i guess that one wasn't bad.

did i hear some fast forward music in there at the end?

not sure i liked the human students...but would probably have liked new mutants even less.

Pretty sure it's Splinter's theme from the 2003 series.

P2wNgK9OZpk

So yes, it would seem so.

Coola Yagami
06-05-2017, 09:10 AM
So no comments on the Don robot dude being the same VA or at least sounding a lot like 2K3 Donnie?

Danetello
06-05-2017, 10:27 AM
So no comments on the Don robot dude being the same VA or at least sounding a lot like 2K3 Donnie?

I thought that, too, but he isn't listed in the credits, unless he was using an alias.

Vegita-San
06-05-2017, 10:28 AM
does that get you passed the non union crap ola that messed up turtles forever?

Danetello
06-05-2017, 10:29 AM
I really liked it, and I thought I wouldn't! I liked the animation style; I didn't mind the voices; the music was appropriate; and I liked the little nods to previous TMNT universe things, such as the mouser head on the desk in the warehouse, and the one kid looking like '87 Bebop. Also, if this is how they're planning to pitch the humour level in the new series, given their whole, "it'll be more humorous," I didn't mind it. I know we have more shorts to come, and they won't all be like this, but this one, for now at least, gives me hope!

neatoman
06-05-2017, 11:21 AM

Khary Payton, he's not the same person as Sam Riegel.

ToTheNines
06-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Khary Payton, he's not the same person as Sam Riegel.

I totally thought it was Riegel. Especially when he was in the mech.

+1 Jim Lawson Easter egg.

LeotheLateBloomer
06-05-2017, 12:43 PM
The animation was cool but the short was just...ehhh.:ohwell:

neatoman
06-05-2017, 12:45 PM
I totally thought it was Riegel. Especially when he was in the mech.

+1 Jim Lawson Easter egg.

There's also one for Ryan Brown.

CyberCubed
06-05-2017, 12:45 PM
I hope all these shorts and the 3 from last year are all collected and put on DVD at some point.

sdp
06-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Loved it and would totally watch an animated show like this. Having Mikey as Splinter makes sense with the "not who you expect" trope so everything was quite nice, The mecha short always looked cool to me and it ended up being more fun than I thought it would. So in this future mutants are everywhere by now, that's interesting. I actually thought it would have nothing to do with TMNT but the end does wrap it back into TMNT.

CyberCubed
06-05-2017, 03:48 PM
I actually thought it would have nothing to do with TMNT but the end does wrap it back into TMNT.

I don't know why people say this when the design of the mecha suits and weapons were all modeled after the TMNT. Before the end I thought they were in there.

ToTheNines
06-05-2017, 03:51 PM
I hope all these shorts and the 3 from last year are all collected and put on DVD at some point.

I second this.

sdp
06-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Obviously the mecha were inspired by TMNT but i thought it would be an elseworlds type story where here the TMNT were robots and not real and then when I saw the kids come out I thought similarly and it wasn't until Mikey came out that we can confirm that this universe did have a more traditional TMNT team many moons ago.

How many shorts are we getting? I'm guessing 5 or so. So far I liked this one. From last year we had one that I really liked, one that was forgettable and one that was alright.

EDIT:

We need a separate thread for each short, I mean come on, we're a fandom god damnit, we should be giving fanon names to the four mecha TMNT pilots, I mean that's what makes fandoms geeky and fun.

Ninjinister
06-05-2017, 08:07 PM
We need a separate thread for each short, I mean come on, we're a fandom god damnit, we should be giving fanon names to the four mecha TMNT pilots, I mean that's what makes fandoms geeky and fun.

Why would you do that when they have actual names? Basque and Jackson at least are called out in the short itself (along with Grimm, the wolf), and all of the characters with speaking roles are mentioned in the credits.

TurtleTitan97
06-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Pretty decent short all around. Seeing Mikey in a Splinter type of role was pretty sweet.

neatoman
06-06-2017, 03:16 AM
I am kind of curious about how this particular setting ended up being. How'd the human kids end up being trained by Mikey? Why is the world full of mutants? Would this have the Utrom Shredder given the theme? etc.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-06-2017, 03:18 AM
Mikey may have kidnapped them like the Christmas special :lol:

Redworld96
06-06-2017, 06:56 AM
I have realized now that Jackson has an orthopedic leg :o
Now I want to know what happened when he lost it

Allio
06-06-2017, 07:26 AM
Does that wolf seem familiar to anyone? I have no idea, doesn't look anything like Rahzar or Dreadmon.

I was thinking more like Wolfrun from smile precure.... then again, it's a very generic wolf design.

Ninjinister
06-06-2017, 01:03 PM
I am kind of curious about how this particular setting ended up being. How'd the human kids end up being trained by Mikey? Why is the world full of mutants? Would this have the Utrom Shredder given the theme? etc.

I am, too. In one way, I'd like to think this is a continuation/spinoff of 2012's continuity. But with no backstory information, it's anybody's guess.

CyberCubed
06-06-2017, 03:49 PM
I am, too. In one way, I'd like to think this is a continuation/spinoff of 2012's continuity. But with no backstory information, it's anybody's guess.

Yeah, all the shorts are likely standalone from both each other and any of the cartoons. Some of the upcoming ones just look like parodies. We'll see nods to certain series or characters but that's all.

drag0nfeathers
06-06-2017, 06:52 PM
I was a little confused on the feminine voices until the mech pilots were revealed. It was a neat little twist and I have to say enjoyed it, but as a stand alone series I don't think this idea would last too long before it got shelved. It would inevitably become too involved in the "human teenager life crisis" issues with school/crushes/social lives that would take away from the whole feel of a TMNT series and turn it into another "teen super hero/vigilante" thing like Ben 10, Static Shock, Danny Phantom, or the plethora of other series I could name, but with a nostalgic sensei to plug it into the TMNT Universe. (So yea... Batman Beyond) Maybe I'm being too harsh, but as a stand alone episode or short I thought it was great.

It would be cool if they released a little compilation DVD of all the shorts once they're out. I have the ones from SDCC downloaded into my phone and I'll freely admit I've probably watched Don Vs Raph about 50 times now between waiting to get my oil changed and lunch breaks. :tgrin:

victory_angel
06-07-2017, 02:18 AM
I was a little confused on the feminine voices until the mech pilots were revealed. It was a neat little twist and I have to say enjoyed it, but as a stand alone series I don't think this idea would last too long before it got shelved. It would inevitably become too involved in the "human teenager life crisis" issues with school/crushes/social lives that would take away from the whole feel of a TMNT series and turn it into another "teen super hero/vigilante" thing like Ben 10, Static Shock, Danny Phantom, or the plethora of other series I could name, but with a nostalgic sensei to plug it into the TMNT Universe. (So yea... Batman Beyond) Maybe I'm being too harsh, but as a stand alone episode or short I thought it was great.

It would be cool if they released a little compilation DVD of all the shorts once they're out. I have the ones from SDCC downloaded into my phone and I'll freely admit I've probably watched Don Vs Raph about 50 times now between waiting to get my oil changed and lunch breaks. :tgrin:

Or it could be like Extream Ghost Busters where even though the main focus of the story were the kids that Egon was teaching. There were times where the other Ghost Busters would appear as well.

After all, the end of the short did nothing to indicate that Leo, Raph, and Donnie weren't alive somewhere. At best the Turtles would have all gone their separate ways as they grew older and would have likely established their own team of students to carry on their legacy as ninja in some form.

All four of the teenagers in the mecha turtles story line did have some of the core aspects of each of the Turtles.

Such as the girl who was similar to Mikey was childish, and a peacekeeper much like her Turtle counterpart.

Basque is a pacifist and the smart one of the team like Donnie. He doesn't like to fight, but will if he has to. In this case, he is more of a gentle giant, personality.

The girl who represents Raph is the Leader of the team or has established herself as leader of the team, whereas Raph was more or less was a second Lieutenant to Leo's leadership. And much like her counterpart, she does get into spats with Leo's counterpart.

And lastly, Jackson who is the second in command of the team. Much like Leonardo he is clearly the oldest member and the most dedicated to the teachings they have received.

There is certainly a lot for fan writers to work with here.

Aaronardo
06-07-2017, 10:30 AM
That was such an original take on a franchise with so many constants. I loved that short. The twist at the very end even caught me off guard. Very Batman Beyond-y, and I always get a kick out of Batman Beyond.

neatoman
06-07-2017, 12:20 PM
That was such an original take on a franchise with so many constants. I loved that short. The twist at the very end even caught me off guard. Very Batman Beyond-y, and I always get a kick out of Batman Beyond.

Was it really that unpredictable though? Two of them clearly had effeminate voices, not women cast to sound like boys.

CyberCubed
06-07-2017, 01:29 PM
When's the next short coming? Are these going to be once a week?

Vicky82
06-07-2017, 02:07 PM
When's the next short coming? Are these going to be once a week?

Yeah every Sunday, I think there's 6 shorts.

AlZarkovski
06-07-2017, 02:30 PM
No, next short will be airing 06/18.
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=30420&channel=83&aid=zap2it

Vicky82
06-07-2017, 02:37 PM
No, next short will be airing 06/18.
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=30420&channel=83&aid=zap2it

There are shorts airing this Sunday but it's Pizza Friday and Turtles Take Time and Space.

AlZarkovski
06-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Ok, next new short will be airing 06/18.:P:lol:

TigerClaw
06-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Finally watched the 1st short, I thought it was interesting, So it takes place in the future, and apparently there are a lot of mutants in NY, and Michelangelo turns out to be the Master, whose training these teenage humans, who are driving these Mechs.

With this short taking place in 2090, Its kind of sad knowing that Mikey is the last survivor of the TMNT, his brothers probably perished at some point in that timeline, and he was the only one left, so he gets 4 kids to take on the mantle to continue the legacy.

victory_angel
06-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Yeah every Sunday, I think there's 6 shorts.

That's a good thing about TMNT it has a way of molding itself into whatever genre it's trying to convey. It doesn't always succeed, but even the attempt has some interest.

neatoman
06-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Finally watched the 1st short, I thought it was interesting, So it takes place in the future, and apparently there are a lot of mutants in NY, and Michelangelo turns out to be the Master, whose training these teenage humans, who are driving these Mechs.

With this short taking place in 2090, Its kind of sad knowing that Mikey is the last survivor of the TMNT, his brothers probably perished at some point in that timeline, and he was the only one left, so he gets 4 kids to take on the mantle to continue the legacy.

Actually we don't know if the Turtles are dead, just that they weren't there. Turtles do in fact live a long time in the real world.

victory_angel
06-07-2017, 02:57 PM

There is nothing to indicate the other Turtles are dead. It's more likely that the Turtles all went their separate ways as they grew older, and maybe are managing their own teams of Ninja in training. Or doing their own thing outside of Ninjitsu.

If it could be fleshed into series, they could focus on Michalangelo's team and then occasionally bring one of the other Turtles or their teams into the story. With all four groups teaming up when things are serious enough.

TigerClaw
06-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Actually we don't know if the Turtles are dead, just that they weren't there. Turtles do in fact live a long time in the real world.
True, but we don't know there fate though, and Mikey was very old looking.

victory_angel
06-07-2017, 03:16 PM
True, but we don't know there fate though, and Mikey was very old looking.

In the Mirage comic it did have the Turtles living well into their hundreds. So with April and Casey and any human friends the Turtles may have had it is likely they passed on. If the Turtles were dead, there could be a subtle reference such as having their masks nailed to a wall in the background.

The only teens mentioned by name are Basque and Jackson. And they apparently use the Turtle's names as aliases in battle since we hear the Raph Mech call Jackson's mech "Leo" at one point.

The unnamed characters in the episode are

Robocop guy is credited as Sargent Swat

The girl who represents Raph is named Frida

And the girl who represents Mikey is named Kusama

And the two Hyena's on Grimm's team were called Jester Joe and Jester Jim.

AlZarkovski
06-07-2017, 03:26 PM
In the Mirage comic it did have the Turtles living well into their hundreds. So with April and Casey and any human friends the Turtles may have had it is likely they passed on. If the Turtles were dead, there could be a subtle reference such as having their masks nailed to a wall in the background.

The only teens mentioned by name are Basque and Jackson. And they apparently use the Turtle's names as aliases in battle since we hear the Raph Mech call Jackson's mech "Leo" at one point.

The unnamed characters in the episode are

Robocop guy is credited as Sargent Swat

The girl who represents Raph is named Frida

And the girl who represents Mikey is named Kusama

And the two Hyena's on Grimm's team were called Jester Joe and Jester Jim.

And "TMNT" names are also based on the names of artists: Basque - Jean-Michel Basquiat, Frida - Frida Kahlo, Jackson - Jackson Pollock, Kusama - Yayoi Kusama.:twink:

TigerClaw
06-07-2017, 05:51 PM
given that this short took place in 2090, That's only 73 years into the future, I wish they did one based on the Future Shark Trilogy timeline, which took place 100 years.

IndigoErth
06-07-2017, 07:31 PM
How old is Mikey even supposed to be in this anyhow? Despite turtle stereotypes, far as I understand sliders don't live any longer than we do and probably less. I imagine the mutant (and possibly slightly human) variety might have gained a lifespan more similar to our own, but come on... lol

If this is Nick Mikey he's like... 93? If this isn't really Nick based (since he doesn't actually look it) and was 'born' in '84, then he more like 106; or 118 if they're already 15 at creation. On that note, maybe his brothers really are gone. :ohwell: I figure they went with Mikey for comedy sake, able to end it on that funny line, but would also make sense for him to be the last remaining being the "youngest." (Although you'd have thought his obsession with pizza would have done him in long before. lol)

Really, if the Turtles grew up and each had their own students, I'd like to see them all training them in their own separate styles - OR other areas of interest.

The short is cute, but I'd prefer they teach others that will carry on the legacy and the Hamato clan rather than actually trying to replace the Turtles via mecha suites or whatever. Let the Turtles become Hamato clan legends, great members, warriors, and teachers who once lead the clan and whose stories would continue after them. Honor them, and strive to be like them, but don't try to be them.

TigerClaw
06-07-2017, 07:48 PM
How old is Mikey even supposed to be in this anyhow? Despite turtle stereotypes, far as I understand sliders don't live any longer than we do and probably less. I imagine the mutant (and possibly slightly human) variety might have gained a lifespan more similar to our own, but come on... lol

If this is Nick Mikey he's like... 93? If this isn't really Nick based (since he doesn't actually look it) and was 'born' in '84, then he more like 106; or 118 if they're already 15 at creation. On that note, maybe his brothers really are gone. :ohwell: I figure they went with Mikey for comedy sake, able to end it on that funny line, but would also make sense for him to be the last remaining being the "youngest." (Although you'd have thought his obsession with pizza would have done him in long before. lol)

Really, if the Turtles grew up and each had their own students, I'd like to see them all training them in their own separate styles - OR other areas of interest.

The short is cute, but I'd prefer they teach others that will carry on the legacy and the Hamato clan rather than actually trying to replace the Turtles via mecha suites or whatever. Let the Turtles become Hamato clan legends, great members, warriors, and teachers who once lead the clan and whose stories would continue after them. Honor them, and strive to be like them, but don't try to be them.
Non of those kids were a future descendant of Casey Jones or April, They are just some random teens, probably orphans that Mikey took under his wing.

IndigoErth
06-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Uh, yeah, okay... and never said anything about that.

Ninja Tiptup
06-07-2017, 08:14 PM
And "TMNT" names are also based on the names of artists: Basque - Jean-Michel Basquiat, Frida - Frida Kahlo, Jackson - Jackson Pollock, Kusama - Yayoi Kusama.:twink:

Now that's dang clever. Thanks for mentioning it.

I enjoyed the short. I recognized the Ben 10 AF / Transformers Animated style immediately.

I generally like the concept and having Mikey as the wise old sensei was great. I'd certainly like to see the story explored further but this is probably all we'll ever get.

TigerClaw
06-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Here's the youtube version

ijgRyNeeF5I

Vicky82
06-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Apparently there is a new short tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1408900002482260/

FredWolfLeonardo
06-10-2017, 02:04 PM

From the video in the ad, I think its most definetly going the FW series in Breadwinners style short.

neatoman
06-10-2017, 02:22 PM

Oh, this one... Joy...

I was hoping they would just show the train cart one instead, so we'd have the only two decent looking ones out of the way. This one seems bad but the least bad of the ones that looked bad.

Powder
06-10-2017, 06:31 PM
It looks soooo dumb, I love it. :tlol: Harmless fun, guys.

Redworld96
06-11-2017, 06:15 PM
https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1410652052307055/

The link of the new short ..... I didnt like it

Aaronardo
06-11-2017, 06:35 PM
F*cking... my hopes were up after that first short, now they're rock bottom again. That was about as pandering as a piece of animation can get. When it isn't pandering to some nonexistent audience, it's being embarrassingly bad at humor. F*ck that.

Vegita-San
06-11-2017, 06:38 PM
what the hell did I just watch?

sigh.....

CyberCubed
06-11-2017, 07:04 PM
LOL, at least it was only 2 minutes long. :lol:

dragonside
06-11-2017, 07:08 PM
i really hope they release these on DVD

First Short Thoughts:
Mikey as the sensei was great.

I'd really like this turn into a batman beyond type series and gain a continuity.

I felt like Nick is testing out different avenues... so comment like crazy guys.
We might get it.. if marketing works.

Also this new series mechs would be awesome for figures and other merch.

Redworld96
06-11-2017, 07:16 PM
9F4Y76dh3PM

Andrew NDB
06-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Mo windshields, mo problems? Did they really just do that?

lol... actually kind of funny.

Sabacooza
06-11-2017, 07:36 PM
i really hope they release these on DVD

First Short Thoughts:
Mikey as the sensei was great.

I'd really like this turn into a batman beyond type series and gain a continuity.

I felt like Nick is testing out different avenues... so comment like crazy guys.
We might get it.. if marketing works.

Also this new series mechs would be awesome for figures and other merch.As much as I like the animation, it had practically nothing to do with TMNT and is as far away from TMNT as you can get so no, I would not want to see this as a series at all.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-11-2017, 07:37 PM
What did I just watch? That second short felt incomplete, I think it should've been longer and Atleast have some kind of story (turtles go to find shredder, beat him. As simple as that). I could've sworn I saw more clips of this same short in the trailer which didn't appear here.

On the positive side though, I like the animation style, I did find myself laughing and some of the voice acting sounded pretty close to the original cartoon. Infact,was that Cam Clarke/Pat Fraley reprising Rocksteady/Casey?

Andrew NDB
06-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Maybe when the writing was on the wall that the existing Nick show was ending, different groups were selected to "pitch a new TMNT show." Maybe they all created different little shorts to go with their pitches.

We wouldn't see the "winner" because they're already making that one into Rise of the TMNT.

Vegita-San
06-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Maybe when the writing was on the wall that the existing Nick show was ending, different groups were selected to "pitch a new TMNT show." Maybe they all created different little shorts to go with their pitches.

We wouldn't see the "winner" because they're already making that one into Rise of the TMNT.

that does seem like the most logical option.

Sadly, it shows they don't have one person in charge with vision. they just take whatever crazy pitch comes there way, and if they think it'll sell toys, go with it and hope it lasts a 100 shows.

RIP TMNT if that's the case. was fun while you lasted.

I await TMNT the Musical to go with Sponge bob on broadway ;o)

GoldMutant
06-11-2017, 08:22 PM
I swear I watched a random episode of MAD when watching that.

IndigoErth
06-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Hah... And everyone thought PD was a risk to the quality of the franchise... I think it's had its crown stolen just now.

This is, again, something I'd accept easier as just nonsense fan creations for the sake of being nonsense. It FEELS like just bats*** crazy stuff some YouTube cartoon humor channel would have come up with. It has a vibe more of being like a Robot Chicken-esq skit, if Robot Chicken was cartoon based. It's somewhat funny as one-off stuff that's just supposed to be way off in left field...but don't anyone dare legitimately turn TMNT into anything like that.

As much as I like the animation, it had practically nothing to do with TMNT and is as far away from TMNT as you can get so no, I would not want to see this as a series at all.
Likewise. If there is a "series" of it, I'd rather it stuck to being just a few shorts online. It was really well done and the end was cool, but I would not be interested in a so-called TMNT series that largely lacked TMNT.

I swear I watched a random episode of MAD when watching that.
Glad I'm not the only one! Would fit into that sort of show well.

CyberCubed
06-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Sadly, it shows they don't have one person in charge with vision. they just take whatever crazy pitch comes there way, and if they think it'll sell toys, go with it and hope it lasts a 100 shows.)

That's generally how new cartoons get made. They have lots of different pitches and they go with whatever one they think is the best. Same thing happened when Ciro pitched his idea for the current Nick cartoon and whatever other alternate ideas they had going before 2012.

I have no idea why you're acting like this is unusual. There are tons of different directors, writers, etc. out there who pitch their own take on the franchise.

oldmanwinters
06-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Very MADtv-ish. I actually felt kinda bad for Baxter. Leo's voice reminded me a lot of Cam Clarke.

Hmm, I guess there will be another short in this same style since we didn't see everything from the preview images.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f4770cbf4c3a62196894da0fe3c66ea3/tumblr_oqttlgIRJ91rmhk25o4_1280.jpg

***First of Two Latin Kings***
06-11-2017, 08:49 PM

I thought at very least you would like the Mecha Turtles one since it is based loosely off of Road Hogs.

victory_angel
06-11-2017, 09:52 PM
As a franchise TMNT can fill a number of molds depending on the story conveyed and the company involved with the series. In previous incarnations, the TMNT franchise has conveyed dark and gritty action, lighthearted slapstick, heartfelt stories centered on what it means to be a family, dramatic discussions of where one truly belongs…etc. The Turtles have been numerous places from pasts that will affect their beginning, to futures that leave them shaken and dismayed, even present day situations that force them to question who they are in the face of the world.

That is not to say it fills every mold perfectly, there are certainly some incarnations that have suffered not just in their presentation, but their overall execution. Don't think of these shorts or any other incarnation past, present, or future as insults to how you think of this series. They are just harmless fun, but they are also experimentations of other formats for the TMNT to be presented.

sdp
06-11-2017, 10:29 PM
The short was annoying but that's what they were going for. Not all shorts are going to be cool, that's what you get when you try wildly different things, some are great some are terrible. Baxter getting crushed by the windshields and the wipers was pretty gruesome.

I think this short are the lenses that Andrew has on when he watches the OT :lol:

CyberCubed
06-11-2017, 10:58 PM
I think this short are the lenses that Andrew has on when he watches the OT :lol:

It's pretty interesting how different the 80's cartoon humor really is compared to the way stuff like this short or other parodies portray it was. The original toon had tongue in cheek and drypan humor, as well as subtle satire. It was never loud or in your face.

DestronMirage22
06-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Yeeesh.
That was....something.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it's still really bad. Their attempts at humor just come off as infantile and the art style isn't right for anything TMNT related.
But it does fit with the stuff Nick puts out these days.

Utrommaniac
06-12-2017, 12:29 AM
I'd much rather have an entire series based off that first short.

Why is the world made up of mutants now? Why are there only four humans? What happened to that one kid's leg? Where are the other turtles? Why is Michelangelo teaching them (and doing the "how do you do, fellow kids?" thing right)? Who would the "chief enemy" be? Since there's mutations, obviously the Utroms are involved, and that can only mean a PR Nightmare in their league of the story. Are April and Casey still around? If so, are they still human or have they mutated? Who made the Mechas?

There's a lot to go on here.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-12-2017, 12:36 AM
I think its plausible that the first short is a alternate future of the Nick toon since Mikey has the same features as his Nick counterpart and is also voiced by Greg Cipes.

I imagine "Turtles take time and space" is also set in the Nick universe.

ToTheNines
06-12-2017, 06:17 AM
This was funnier than an actual episode of Breadwinners at least.

It's pretty interesting how different the 80's cartoon humor really is compared to the way stuff like this short or other parodies portray it was. The original toon had tongue in cheek and drypan humor, as well as subtle satire. It was never loud or in your face.

You mean deadpan. There's no such thing as "drypan".

But you're right. It's like everyone remembers the FW show, but hasn't watched it in 25 years and just doesn't get it.

neatoman
06-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Why is it called Team-Up? Team-up with who exactly? Anyway, it was more or less what I expected apart from how fragmented it was. Not good but not exactly the one I had the lowest expectations for. What bothers me more is that we'll most likely see another one in the same style, the toilet clip wasn't in this one...

Also:
http://www.11points.com/images/valentines/tmnt.jpg

Chris
06-12-2017, 06:03 PM
What was that?! Sorry to those who like it but the art style & humour just did nothing for me with that one. I know there's at least 1 more in that style coming but I pray ipthat afterwards we never have to see more shorts in this style again.

Andrew NDB
06-12-2017, 06:26 PM
I thought at very least you would like the Mecha Turtles one since it is based loosely off of Road Hogs.

I was going to note that. With Old Mikey instead of Old Raph. In fact, I'd be surprised if that wasn't the inspiration. It was OK.

LeotheLateBloomer
06-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Hah... And everyone thought PD was a risk to the quality of the franchise... I think it's had its crown stolen just now.

I don't know.....this has the benefit of being a short. It was stupid but at least they used the FW version for this so it's fitting.:lol: That's why I kinda liked it.

snake
06-17-2017, 04:08 AM
That wasn't too bad. Splinter's design had me rolling. Really simple but funny.

Redworld96
06-18-2017, 06:13 PM
The third TMNT summer short:
https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1416191068419820/

Oh Donnie .... what have they done to you

FredWolfLeonardo
06-18-2017, 07:47 PM

Oh Donnie .... what they have done to you

That short was alright for what it was. Donnie as a maid was the best thing about it and its an example of how the FW disguises would've worked in real life :lol:

We're getting another 5 minute one later today called "We Strike Hard"

sdp
06-18-2017, 08:33 PM
Well I guess we don't have to wonder what would happen if the Nick show had an European vacation.

Andrew NDB
06-18-2017, 08:38 PM

Huh. That wasn't much of anything.

CyberCubed
06-18-2017, 09:21 PM
I'm surprised some of these are so short, like only 2 minutes. The first one was quite lengthy so I expected these to be similar.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-18-2017, 09:32 PM
I'm surprised some of these are so short, like only 2 minutes. The first one was quite lengthy so I expected these to be similar.

The one we got today isn't the only one, expect another one later tonight which will be 5 minutes long.

Also, the TMNT team up short was so short because there will be a sequel to it, this time featuring alot more Krang.

Ninjinister
06-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Huh. That wasn't much of anything.

Not even a title or credits, let alone anything resembling a plot/humor.

Optimus Primer
06-18-2017, 09:55 PM

Oh Donnie .... what they have done to you

It's sad when the Breadwinners-style short was easier to sit through than that short.

IndigoErth
06-18-2017, 10:16 PM
That was just... what??

I laughed a little, but that was definitely random. Was it an idea pulled from a hat? Turtles at French bakery?

TigerClaw
06-18-2017, 10:22 PM
That was just... what??

I laughed a little, but that was definitely random. Was it an idea pulled from a hat? Turtles at French bakery?
Also, how did the Turtles end up in France?

FredWolfLeonardo
06-18-2017, 10:37 PM
Also, how did the Turtles end up in France?

Through a promotion from Vacations R Us.

TigerClaw
06-18-2017, 11:09 PM
The 3rd Short now available on Youtube.

k69wmgYTBPo

DestronMirage22
06-18-2017, 11:58 PM

k69wmgYTBPo

Geez, what did I just watch? There was no point to that at all, and barely any attempts at humor. It was all just poor dialogue.

I'm glad these only last a few minutes.

ToTheNines
06-19-2017, 04:04 AM
Completely devoid of humor.

LeotheLateBloomer
06-19-2017, 08:54 AM
Well, that was.....a thing.

neatoman
06-19-2017, 10:05 AM

k69wmgYTBPo

... You know, that College Humor video Donatello slapping a used diaper on his face is better than this.

snake
06-19-2017, 10:59 AM
It's like they Nick forgot they slotted another short and threw something together in 3 minutes.

ToTheNines
06-19-2017, 11:24 AM
It's like they Nick forgot they slotted another short and threw something together in 3 minutes.

Right? No credits, painfully obvious amateur voice talent, not even close to being funny in any conceivable way. Yeek.

Andrew NDB
06-19-2017, 11:43 AM
I could literally make that episode over a weekend, all by myself. Except why would I want to do that? Yeah, it's like they forgot they had one slotted this weekend.

"Hah! Donatello in french maid outfit! Hah! Hah-hahaha! Hah!"

neatoman
06-19-2017, 11:59 AM

Isn't that a fairly common fetish?

Powder
06-19-2017, 05:19 PM
Wow, that was... SO bad.

Chris
06-19-2017, 05:26 PM
I smiled at Mikey's Hunchback of Notre Dame reference. That counts for something right? Right?

Ok, it was bad. Actually, worse, it was pointless. Two duds in a row now. After last year's shorts I was looking forward to these. The first one had some promise but if this level of quality is going to be the norm then I kinda wish they hadn't bothered.

Candy Kappa
06-19-2017, 05:44 PM
Okay... that exists.

biganimefan
06-19-2017, 07:47 PM
But hey...at least it's better than the Coming Out of Our Shells Tour right?

note sarcasm

GoldMutant
06-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Talk about underwhelming as all hell. :ohwell:

Powder
06-19-2017, 08:27 PM
But hey...at least it's better than the Coming Out of Our Shells Tour right?

note sarcasm

Not by a long shot. COOTS is, whether you find it good or bad, entertaining. :tlol:

Aaronardo
06-19-2017, 08:50 PM
At least that Team-Up thing from last week knew what it was trying to do, to make you laugh. This short didn't seem like it had any sort of goal... it was just characters talking for sixty seconds, and that was it. That was just a waste of time.

snake
06-19-2017, 08:53 PM
The real question- is it worse than PDTMNT?

Aaronardo
06-19-2017, 08:54 PM
The real question- is it worse than PDTMNT?

PDTMNT is so bad you can get a bit of a kick out of how awful it is, this doesn't even have that going for it :lol:

Ninjinister
06-19-2017, 11:57 PM
I'd say it's still better than We Wish You A Turtle Christmas

FredWolfLeonardo
06-20-2017, 12:39 AM
I'd say it's still better than We Wish You A Turtle Christmas

No way, Turtle Christmas is awesome. I find myself singing its songs from time to time.

oldmanwinters
06-20-2017, 09:03 AM
I immediately thought the recent short was made to throw some love to the French fandom:
https://tortueman.wordpress.com/

Viva Les Tortues Ninja!

TigerClaw
06-21-2017, 01:07 AM
I'm surprise nobody here mention, but in the 2nd short, Casey Jones makes a John Wick reference.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-21-2017, 01:09 AM
I'm surprise nobody here mention, but in the 2nd short, Casey Jones makes a John Wick reference.

I've even more surprised that nobody pointed out that he is most likely done by Pat Fraley while Rocksteady is done by Cam Clarke again. Its not listed in the credits, but they sound exactly the same.

victory_angel
06-21-2017, 01:20 AM
I could literally make that episode over a weekend, all by myself. Except why would I want to do that? Yeah, it's like they forgot they had one slotted this weekend.

I know Donnie is one of the Characters that you can classify as the fem-boy of the group. But come on:o

Andrew NDB
06-21-2017, 01:35 AM
I've even more surprised that nobody pointed out that he is most likely done by Pat Fraley while Rocksteady is done by Cam Clarke again. Its not listed in the credits, but they sound exactly the same.

If one was super into voice actors they might, I guess?

I know Donnie is one of the Characters that you can classify as the fem-boy of the group.

What?

CyberCubed
06-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Weren't we supposed to be getting another short right after that French one?

sdp
06-21-2017, 06:36 PM
What?

I think it's time for you to learn about tumblr and fandoms there.

DestronMirage22
06-21-2017, 06:58 PM
I think it's time for you to learn about tumblr and fandoms there.

I think we'd all be better off not knowing. :dead:
Weren't we supposed to be getting another short right after that French one?
Honestly, with the way they've been recently, this has been a show of mercy.

Powder
06-21-2017, 07:01 PM

There isn't a single person from the OT doing voice work in that short & I'm insulted you would mistake them for the OG's. :lol:

FredWolfLeonardo
06-21-2017, 07:03 PM
There isn't a single person from the OT doing voice work in that short & I'm insulted you would mistake them for the OG's. :lol:

Maybe Casey's voice has been amplified to sound more like Fraley's but as someone who watches the OT all the time, tell me that Rocksteady doesn't sound exactly the same.

Powder
06-21-2017, 07:05 PM
It's a decent impersonation, sure. But it's not Cam.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Although I think it wouldn't be hard to get them to do 1-2 lines since they've worked with Nick before, you're probably right and I just fell for the impersonation.

If it was them, they should've been listed in the credits.

MarsicornYT
06-23-2017, 09:38 PM
Is this possibly from one of the new shorts?
https://instagram.com/p/BVsNhqGDCNV/
(Make sure u swipe)

oldmanwinters
06-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Not an official Summer Short, but this animation is something I hadn't seen before...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTJs568D4kE/?taken-by=tmnt

sdp
06-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Not an official Summer Short, but this animation is something I hadn't seen before...

Better than the french one at least.

Ninjinister
06-23-2017, 11:51 PM

I think that was from a few months ago.

DestronMirage22
06-24-2017, 12:59 AM

If the animation was better they would've pulled it off better, but the way it is now it looks really cheap. The different versions only vaguely resemble what they're based off of. Kinda gross too, especially if you pause it between mutations. And that PD turtle is really looking bad. :dead:

Powder
06-24-2017, 01:55 AM
It's just a promotional quickie done by an in-house guy. Relax.

Redworld96
06-24-2017, 03:25 PM
The preview of the next short tomorrow, which it seems it's the second part of TMNT: Team Up, No Fly Zone, called ... Flora the Fedora

https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1425210014184592/

https://media.tenor.com/images/54c10cb60520e90ceba9a66cb7d2d963/tenor.gif

FredWolfLeonardo
06-24-2017, 03:29 PM
So I guess tomorrow's short will cover why Krang was in hospital with two pregnant women :lol:

neatoman
06-24-2017, 05:46 PM
I knew there was at least a second one... Why this style? Why'd this one get at least two?

FredWolfLeonardo
06-24-2017, 05:51 PM
I knew there was at least a second one... Why this style? Why'd this one get at least two?

Most likely to show more Bebop, pizza and cowabunga.

Redworld96
06-25-2017, 08:23 AM
Did the short "Strike Hard" air already in some TV channel?
https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1425210014184592/?comment_id=1427128760659384&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R6%22%7D

https://i.imgur.com/m0Hmj8d.png

Cyndaquilfan123
06-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Did the short "Strike Hard" air already in some TV channel?
https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1425210014184592/?comment_id=1427128760659384&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R6%22%7D

https://i.imgur.com/m0Hmj8d.png

I watched it on Nicktoons.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-25-2017, 01:44 PM
It aired a week ago on the same day as the French turtles short.

Redworld96
06-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Oh, that's one I want to watch :/

CyberCubed
06-25-2017, 03:15 PM
I don't get it, a short was aired that nobody saw? Haven't only 3 aired? The first one in the future, that Fred Wolf parody one, and then that French one? What else aired?

FredWolfLeonardo
06-25-2017, 04:01 PM
I don't get it, a short was aired that nobody saw? Haven't only 3 aired? The first one in the future, that Fred Wolf parody one, and then that French one? What else aired?

To clarify, there was a 5 minute short called "Strike Hard" that aired on the same day as the French short but it hasn't yet been uploaded to Facebook or YouTube by Nick. The tmnt Facebook page stated it will most likely be uploaded 2 weeks from now.

p.s. Where's the sequel to the breadwinners short? I thought it was supposed to be uploaded today

Vicky82
06-25-2017, 04:07 PM
p.s. Where's the sequel to the breadwinners short? I thought it was supposed to be uploaded today

It will, during the evening US time, around 9pm eastern, I think.

neatoman
06-25-2017, 04:15 PM
So why would they upload the french short but not the other one, is it somehow even more embarrassing to watch?

CyberCubed
06-25-2017, 04:16 PM
Or why didn't some random teen just upload it to youtube? It's not like someone didn't get it off TV or something.

Candy Kappa
06-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Just saw TMNT Team-Up: Flora the Fedora.

I like Team-Up, I wouldn't be opposed if there was a Team-Up short after the regular Rises episode when that starts airing in 2018. They're short, silly and funny.

Redworld96
06-25-2017, 06:15 PM
The link of the new short: https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1423842777654649/

FredWolfLeonardo
06-25-2017, 06:29 PM
Something about Bebop and Rocksteady gave me Deja Vu when they were laughing at the beginning :lol:

It was what I expected, harmless fun. Mikey being broke and Shredder did have me laughing.