PDA

View Full Version : Can John Bishop carry a TMNT film?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-01-2017, 06:22 AM
The title asks the question. Can John Bishop, as he was in the 2003-2009 series, carry a TMNT film as a main character (if you throw in some Krang-Kraang, Triceratons or Utroms)?

Powder
06-01-2017, 06:47 AM
In a sequel, yes, but in a reboot's debut, not so much.

neatoman
06-01-2017, 08:07 AM
Sure, he's a great threat to the Turtles, having a branch of the American military as the enemy is a much better concept for a movie than poison scam and... Whatever the hell was going on in the second PD movie, artifact fetch quest to summon something ill-defined?

06-01-2017, 09:02 AM
Sure, he's a great threat to the Turtles, having a branch of the American military as the enemy is a much better concept for a movie than poison scam and... Whatever the hell was going on in the second PD movie, artifact fetch quest to summon something ill-defined?

I guess we must have a spacecraft with some Triceratons inside at least crashing onto Earth first.

DisKosh
06-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Hell yes! I would love a TMNT movie with him as the main villain. :tcool:

IndigoErth
06-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Oh, definitely, imo, if done right. Even if not someone directly after the Turtles, could still be some hate from him and conflict with the Turtles getting in his way (of his ulterior motives), and visa versa.

Had there been a 3rd PD film, I wouldn't have minded also seeing the police force who are aware of the Turtles have some involvement, with further conflict between them being very much in alliance with the Turtles yet here's this nut who has it in for them and has government ties.

DisKosh
06-01-2017, 04:50 PM
You could tweak cannon a bit and make it so April works for him and quits after she disagrees with his unethical experiments on mutants (Slash or Leatherhead) and aliens (Utroms). He tries to silence her, she runs away and that's where she meets the turtles.

06-01-2017, 05:05 PM
You could tweak cannon a bit and make it so April works for him and quits after she disagrees with his unethical experiments on mutants (Slash or Leatherhead) and aliens (Utroms). He tries to silence her, she runs away and that's where she meets the turtles.

Great idea! Or maybe Triceratons? Utroms don't attack Earth (unless it's the Kraang)

IndigoErth
06-01-2017, 05:36 PM
Swap Triceraton invaders for...
http://i.imgur.com/K2GDmR6.jpg
...and Bishop doesn't believe our boys are Earthlings and not in league with the aliens.

Or maybe while others are invading, one of the turtle-like aliens crashed and Bishop has it captive, leading our Turtles to need to free it from Bishop as it holds some key or clue to stopping the invasion.

DisKosh
06-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Great idea! Or maybe Triceratons? Utroms don't attack Earth (unless it's the Kraang)

I was thinking more he managed to capture some Utroms who had just come to Earth to study it. The Triceratons would be good too but I really like the Utroms.

Swap Triceraton invaders for...
http://i.imgur.com/K2GDmR6.jpg
...and Bishop doesn't believe our boys are Earthlings and not in league with the aliens.

Or maybe while others are invading, one of the turtle-like aliens crashed and Bishop has it captive, leading our Turtles to need to free it from Bishop as it holds some key or clue to stopping the invasion.

That works too. They should totally put us in charge of a new TMNT movie!

Also, I really want Halle Berry to be April. I look at her and I really can't unsee it. This needs to happen!

NYShell
06-03-2017, 01:17 AM
NO

Even though I like Bishop.

CyberCubed
06-03-2017, 02:00 AM
In a live action movie Bishop would be nothing more than the main bad guy from The Matrix.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Nothing wrong with that. He was an Agent Smith expy to begin with. "Man in Black" is kind of a generic idea. Call him a mix of Smith and K.

Coola Yagami
06-03-2017, 08:16 PM
I kinda don't think ANY TMNT side character can carry a solo movie. I mean based on what we have now, would you honestly care enough to pay money to see a Tatsu movie? A Keno movie? A Max Winters movie? Or how about a Tokka and Rahzar movie?

Come to think of it.... we already have a TMNT spin off. Vanilla Ice in Cool as Ice. His run in with mutant dancing turtles made him not bat an eye at all the weird cheesiness of that movie.

On that note apparently Super Shredder somehow survived the bridge collapsing on him and turned to stripping. I guess he realized there was more money in that compared to crime.

DestronMirage22
06-04-2017, 01:14 AM
It'd certainly be a change from the monotony of having Shredder be the main villain in a TMNT movie. I think it would be cool to see if they could make it work.

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Yes, yes he could carry a TMNT film as a villain. As the head of the EPF, with several mutants from other versions acting as his minions. Heck, if you want to do an origin movie, the TMNT and splinter could be EPF experiments (Splinter having been a Japanese martial artist mutated into an anthro rat to serve as a fighting weapon against aliens, and the TMNT were exposed to the ooze next.) Splinter escapes from an EPF compound outside of N.Y.C., taking the baby turtles with him, and raises them liek in all other versions). Taking the idea above that April works for Bishop as a scientist, she sides with the turtles when Splinter sends them back to destroy bishop's operation, and together they take the E.P.F. down. Set up for shredder in the sequel. Like somebody mentioned above, it would be more interesting than another Shredder/foot for the first go-around.

06-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Yes, yes he could carry a TMNT film as a villain. As the head of the EPF, with several mutants from other versions acting as his minions. Heck, if you want to do an origin movie, the TMNT and splinter could be EPF experiments (Splinter having been a Japanese martial artist mutated into an anthro rat to serve as a fighting weapon against aliens, and the TMNT were exposed to the ooze next.) Splinter escapes from an EPF compound outside of N.Y.C., taking the baby turtles with him, and raises them liek in all other versions). Taking the idea above that April works for Bishop as a scientist, she sides with the turtles when Splinter sends them back to destroy bishop's operation, and together they take the E.P.F. down. Set up for shredder in the sequel. Like somebody mentioned above, it would be more interesting than another Shredder/foot for the first go-around.

So, John Bishop would just go to Japan, kidnap Hamato Yoshi in secret, spray mutagen on him and take him to New York City and force him to fight extraterrestrials if he wants to become normal again?

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-04-2017, 01:41 PM
So, John Bishop would just go to Japan, kidnap Hamato Yoshi in secret, spray mutagen on him and take him to New York City and force him to fight extraterrestrials if he wants to become normal again?

:roll: Doesn't in most versions Yoshi come to New York City from Japan as an exile after the Saki/Shen/Clan betrayal deal? The reason Bishop would choose a skilled martial arts master from NYC to kidnap and mutate was to have a skilled mutant super-soldier with martial arts training. And I figured he'd either brainwash Yoshi, or use some other sinister means of control to make him obedient, but Splinter would escape before it could be implemented.

06-05-2017, 12:24 PM
:roll: Doesn't in most versions Yoshi come to New York City from Japan as an exile after the Saki/Shen/Clan betrayal deal? The reason Bishop would choose a skilled martial arts master from NYC to kidnap and mutate was to have a skilled mutant super-soldier with martial arts training. And I figured he'd either brainwash Yoshi, or use some other sinister means of control to make him obedient, but Splinter would escape before it could be implemented.

Why would he think Japanese martial arts can fight off a more advanced civilization? Sure the turtles have kicked the butts of extraterrestrials hundreds of times before in other series, but that's part of them being underdogs.

snake
06-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Absolutely, as long as it's in a sequel. Get Keanu Reeves to play him for maximum Neo effect.

06-05-2017, 12:35 PM
I added a poll now.

GoldMutant
06-05-2017, 12:51 PM
As the first in a series? Probably not, only to establish the film universe.

In a sequel, I can see Bishop as a hidden, secondary, or main villain depending on the story told.

06-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Also, I would suggest such a film being very dark.

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Why would he think Japanese martial arts can fight off a more advanced civilization? Sure the turtles have kicked the butts of extraterrestrials hundreds of times before in other series, but that's part of them being underdogs.

Remember the part about him being mutated?Bishop was trying to create an army of mutants to fight potential alien threats in the 4kids series.

06-06-2017, 06:44 AM
Remember the part about him being mutated?Bishop was trying to create an army of mutants to fight potential alien threats in the 4kids series.

Maybe he should try to mutate the entire Foot Clan?

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Maybe he should try to mutate the entire Foot Clan?

1.) The foot clan, outside of Yoshi, would still be in Japan in this scenario.

2.) By the time they show up in NYC in the sequel, Bishop would already be defeated.

06-06-2017, 10:58 AM
1.) The foot clan, outside of Yoshi, would still be in Japan in this scenario.

2.) By the time they show up in NYC in the sequel, Bishop would already be defeated.

Should John Bishop know where Hamato Yoshi is, or track him?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-06-2017, 11:13 AM
I think Bishop absolutely could carry not only A film, but the FIRST film in a well-done TMNT series.

Bishop and the EPF roll into NYC to track down urban legends and mutant sightings, Turtles and Splinter are on the run. April or Casey involved, and hell, you could even work in Baxter Stockman and Mousers as working with the EPF.

End credits scene: Foot Clan watching and observing these strange ninja turtles...

Tell me that wouldn't hook audiences and fill theaters.

06-06-2017, 11:18 AM
I think Bishop absolutely could carry not only A film, but the FIRST film in a well-done TMNT series.

Bishop and the EPF roll into NYC to track down urban legends and mutant sightings, Turtles and Splinter are on the run. April or Casey involved, and hell, you could even work in Baxter Stockman and Mousers as working with the EPF.

End credits scene: Foot Clan watching and observing these strange ninja turtles...

Should mousers be said to chase rats just to distract from that they're actually used to chase the turtles?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Should mousers be said to chase rats just to distract from that they're actually used to chase the turtles?

Stockman/Baxter tells the city that the Mousers are for the rat program; but really, they're tracking mutant DNA.

And given enough time and synonyms, MOUSER could be made to stand for Mutant something something Search something something. :trazz:

06-06-2017, 12:35 PM

Great idea! Do you want Krang-Kraang, Utroms or Triceratons in such a story?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Great idea! Do you want Krang-Kraang, Utroms or Triceratons in such a story?

Save Triceratons for a later movie; save General Krang for a later movie; Utroms in hiding on Earth.

06-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Save Triceratons for a later movie; save General Krang for a later movie; Utroms in hiding on Earth.

I'ld prefer Triceratons, because we need extraterrestrials actually attacking Earth. With that, John Bishop turns out to be wrong, and that makes him an even worse threat.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-06-2017, 01:58 PM
I'ld prefer Triceratons, because we need extraterrestrials actually attacking Earth. With that, John Bishop turns out to be wrong, and that makes him an even worse threat.

Sure, either way.

My point being, Bishop is both compelling enough and accessible enough to serve as the primary antagonist on a TMNT cinematic first outing. Oroku Saki needs to be a major part of the series, but he doesn't HAVE to be in the first film.

06-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Sure, either way.

My point being, Bishop is both compelling enough and accessible enough to serve as the primary antagonist on a TMNT cinematic first outing. Oroku Saki needs to be a major part of the series, but he doesn't HAVE to be in the first film.

I'ld say a Shredder-Krang teamup for a sequel.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-06-2017, 02:50 PM
I'ld say a Shredder-Krang teamup for a sequel.

Too much; separate movies... then merge for an "Attack on Technodrome" style sequel.

06-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Oroku Saki needs to be a major part of the series, but he doesn't HAVE to be in the first film.

I guess we usually see such antagonists early in various media, because of the scale.

*Street thugs like the Purple Dragons attack with punches, kicks, knives, pistols and rifles. The turtles can defeat them esay.

*Shredder strikes harder, and it requires Splinter's training and words of wisdom to beat him up, as well as the turtles cooperating a lot more.

*Krang and Triceratons come from civilizations ahead of Earth, with extremely deadly rayguns and fast spacecraft. It requires anything from Splinter's training to Donatello's knowledge of science and technology to beat them.

eskater
08-07-2017, 08:55 AM

This sounds probably the most plausible but I'm still hesitant about it, not because of Bishop but because of the way the movie going audience still perceives the TMNT franchise.

Utrommaniac
08-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Krang-led Utroms hiding on Earth from Triceratons - Triceratons come to Earth after finding their hiding place. Bishop trying to find the aliens ala 2003 Shredder and is tracking the mutants that crossed paths with their mutagen in some way or another.

Also, I'd absolutely watch a Bishop-centric TMNT movie. Maybe it would be the gateway to a TMNT cinematic universe in the same league as the Marvel cinematic universe. We'd get an April & Casey movie, an invasion movie, a Turtles vs Foot movie, a "How the Utroms got to Earth Movie" (I will watch it five times in the theater), maybe even a Hamato Yoshi vs Oroku Saki movie!

eskater
08-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Krang-led Utroms hiding on Earth from Triceratons - Triceratons come to Earth after finding their hiding place. Bishop trying to find the aliens ala 2003 Shredder and is tracking the mutants that crossed paths with their mutagen in some way or another.

Also, I'd absolutely watch a Bishop-centric TMNT movie. Maybe it would be the gateway to a TMNT cinematic universe in the same league as the Marvel cinematic universe. We'd get an April & Casey movie, an invasion movie, a Turtles vs Foot movie, a "How the Utroms got to Earth Movie" (I will watch it five times in the theater), maybe even a Hamato Yoshi vs Oroku Saki movie!

So you think Bishop could be like the TMNT cinematic universe equivalent of Iron Man? I'd totally watch all of it 5 times in theaters too, just wondering if the general public would be able to buy it enough to make it a movie franchise.

Utrommaniac
08-07-2017, 12:11 PM
I was mostly referring to watching the Utrom one five times in theaters - for obvious reasons - but I think I might see a Bishop one more than once if I liked it enough.

MikeandRaph87
08-07-2017, 12:26 PM
I think he could,but only if he was not the only villain. I could see a take on the JL vs Cadmus arc happening and Bishop wants to use them to protect the planet from Krang and then in a sequel it would be a shadow government vs TMNT.