PDA

View Full Version : TMNT #70 preview & discussion

AlZarkovski
06-02-2017, 07:56 AM
First look:

http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple127/v4/aa/14/b7/aa14b744-34b5-a27a-f28e-0fcc7f6205d3/screen480x480.jpeghttp://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple117/v4/f2/ff/9b/f2ff9bb4-006d-4c61-c07c-39b08272b976/screen480x480.jpeghttp://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple117/v4/9e/13/72/9e137238-d1ec-85d1-9060-701e79f13e4f/screen480x480.jpeg

neatoman
06-02-2017, 08:13 AM
Another iTunes preview? Great, I love previews where the text is both tiny and blurry, it's so amazing to have unreadable promo material. Oh, and these particular pages have a lot of text on them, isn't it awesome that we don't really know what's going on so we have to wait until the official release to be able to actually discuss anything?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Hob ain't screwing around. :tevil:

MikeandRaph87
06-02-2017, 08:26 AM
While I agree I still can tell what is going on. Hob has a second hostage, Knight's wife. It was funny how in dialog it explains who she was. Hob is out to prove a point. Some one is not walking away from this.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-02-2017, 08:40 AM
While I agree I still can tell what is going on. Hob has a second hostage, Knight's wife. It was funny how in dialog it explains who she was. Hob is out to prove a point. Some one is not walking away from this.

Holy crap, you're right. :teek:

Yet another reason why Old Hob is simply the best TMNT character ever. Love that mangy one-eyed terrorist!

ToTheNines
06-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Holy crap, you're right. :teek:

Yet another reason why Old Hob is simply the best TMNT character ever. Love that mangy one-eyed terrorist!

Yeah, he's awesome. Really hope they never kill him off. I'm sure he'd go down on the most badass and poignant way imaginable, but I couldn't go on without him :P

I think the thing I'm most excited to see in the whole series is how Hob and Jagwar interact. He's not easily manipulated, but if she promises him a world full of cat-people, he sure won't say no.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Yeah, he's awesome. Really hope they never kill him off. I'm sure he'd go down on the most badass and poignant way imaginable, but I couldn't go on without him :P

I think the thing I'm most excited to see in the whole series is how Hob and Jagwar interact. He's not easily manipulated, but if she promises him a world full of cat-people, he sure won't say no.

Hob isn't just a cat-ophile, though... he's for ALL mutant animals.

And yeah, Hob is my favorite character across all of TMNT. Whenever he's in the storyline, I'm hyped.

ChosenOne
06-02-2017, 10:18 AM
This isn't out next Wednesday, though, is it? :(

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-02-2017, 10:39 AM
This isn't out next Wednesday, though, is it? :(

Last I heard, it's the 14th.

TigerClaw
06-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Hob isn't just a cat-ophile, though... he's for ALL mutant animals.

And yeah, Hob is my favorite character across all of TMNT. Whenever he's in the storyline, I'm hyped.
Yep, Hobs is the Magneto of TMNT.

Vicky82
06-09-2017, 11:27 AM
I only noticed until today when I went to pre order issue 70 from ITunes but turns out the issue was already available to read.

It was great and had a big 'Holy ****' moment at the end. :D

Ninjinister
06-09-2017, 12:39 PM
So Knight talking to his wife wasn't just an idle "character building" thing from a couple issues ago....

MikeandRaph87
06-09-2017, 05:11 PM
I only noticed until today when I went to pre order issue 70 from ITunes but turns out the issue was already available to read.

It was great and had a big 'Holy ****' moment at the end. :D

:shifty: How did toy get TMNT#70 on Itunes five days ahead of time? It was not #69 that you are referring to? I am sure #70 will leave us that way too though.

Vicky82
06-10-2017, 02:33 AM
:shifty: How did toy get TMNT#70 on Itunes five days ahead of time? It was not #69 that you are referring to? I am sure #70 will leave us that way too though.

It actually came out on the 3rd on ITunes, I don't know why it came out early and it's happened before with other issues too.

I can tell the difference between issue 69 and issue 70. ChosenOne did PM me asking for spoilers as well.

MikeandRaph87
06-10-2017, 06:21 AM
It actually came out on the 3rd on ITunes, I don't know why it came out early and it's happened before with other issues too.

I can tell the difference between issue 69 and issue 70. ChosenOne did PM me asking for spoilers as well.

Ok. Will do.

It does not explain why Itunes got it two and a half weeks ahead of actual release. However it does explain the premature preview.

Mayhem
06-11-2017, 02:18 AM
I think the physical release was put back, but they forgot to do the same to the digital release? Rich could probably answer that better.

ToTheNines
06-11-2017, 02:14 PM
Yes, it's definitely out. I just read it. It's a good one!

ProphetofGanja
06-12-2017, 04:06 PM
so is this in comic shops already or something?

ToTheNines
06-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Nah, only iTunes.

ProphetofGanja
06-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Nah, only iTunes.

goddamned digital clusterfvcks

bushido
06-13-2017, 12:20 PM
Full preview (http://www.cbr.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-70/)

Utrommaniac
06-13-2017, 12:45 PM
The Adventures of Raphael vs Tranquilizers: The Sequel

ProphetofGanja
06-13-2017, 01:18 PM
When the preview comes out only one/two days before the actual comic I feel like I don't even need to read the first few pages again

ChosenOne
06-13-2017, 01:28 PM
In this particular case, the preview was actually released after the comic (in some instances).

ProphetofGanja
06-13-2017, 01:34 PM
In this particular case, the preview was actually released after the comic (in some instances).

Yeah, these release snafus always piss me off.

I don't understand the need to wait until the next Wednesday to release a comic online or in stores if it's already been released early through some other avenue, like iTunes in this case.

ToTheNines
06-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Diamond only makes 1 shipment per week, on Tuedsays. And the shops are legally bound to not sell them to anyone until Wednesday.

TurtleWA
06-14-2017, 01:04 AM
I am excited to read this. Just received notification today that it will be shipping to me very soon. :tgrin:

Utrommaniac
06-14-2017, 01:59 AM
Well, those last couple pages had some double gaspers!

Seymour in his little jar is a pretty sad sight. But Herman's new claw is awesome.

Then we're bringing on a whole new record for an utterly brutal death. Sweet baby Moses :o ! Leatherhead's been topped.

And Bishop is
A F*CKING ROBOT. But with blood???

Looks like we'll be getting an official Turtle Van soon.

myconius
06-14-2017, 06:25 AM
this issue literally gave me shivers up my spine!!

when Bishop's hands got sliced clean off i was like-

FINALLY!!!!! Leonardo be the Ninja Leader you were always meant to be!! :D

Hob was totally Badå$$ in this as well!! :D when he came out with Alex Winter's wife if made total sense why show him casually talking on the phone with her earlier in the arc.

Poor Seymour!! at least he didn't die.

ChosenOne
06-14-2017, 08:53 AM
Yeeeah... I don't see this Bishop ever becoming an ally to the Turtles like in every other continuity. Damn.

Is it weird that I'm hoping for a Knight-focused issue in Universe now? He kinda stole the show here, in a very subtle manner.

Well, him and Hob. Hob was sooo good in this whole arc!

MikeandRaph87
06-14-2017, 09:03 AM
Agent Bishop killed his own father. I keep repeating that to myself in shock. He allowed it because his father lost sight of the mission in old age. Bishop is a cyborg due to unclarified sacrifices to leadership. Leadership of the country? Just like #64's climax my mind is blown.

Mutagen Man is just a head? Why could Herman not regenerate his claw? I thought hermit crabs could.

Nice to see Darkwater back down as they realize its all about family. I was expecting Megavolt to come to be however seeing Winter follow Knight's order instead of side with Agent Bishop its unlikely.

Despite all the brutality we get the Turtle Van!

ChosenOne
06-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Agent Bishop killed his own father. I keep repeating that to myself in shock. He allowed it because his father lost sight of the mission in old age. Bishop is a cyborg due to unclarified sacrifices to leadership. Leadership of the country? Just like #64's climax my mind is blown.

Mutagen Man is just a head? Why could Herman not regenerate his claw? I thought hermit crabs could.

It's not quite clear if Bishop is a cyborg, an android, a robot, or something else. We'll find out more for sure but I'd say right now he's even more mysterious than he was when he first appeared. The more you learn, the less you know.

I think hermits can regrow their claws, but are likely to die if they lose the one they use to eat with, for obvious reasons. I think. I own a trio of hermits but that's never happened to any of them so I never needed to read up on it. Of course, none of this would apply to a mutant hermit crab with a makeshift family to look after him, so... Rule of Cool?

Those poor cops will be arriving on a scene that consists of a giant blank-eyed mutant turtle, a squished old man in what's left of his wheelchair, and Terminator-Face McNoHands to order them around as they try to make sense of it all.

Kara's about to have some company in the "River in Egypt" Club :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Bishop's ruthlessness did not surprise me. I was pretty sure this would happen, and BOOM. Sure 'nuff did.

But holy hell, what IS Bishop!? That was freaking bizarre. And I was not expecting the TMNT and Mutanimals to leave Slash...
Oh, and gimme that Turtle Van!!!

MikeandRaph87
06-14-2017, 11:10 AM
My question is when will this plot thread be picked up on? More! I know Pantheon answers and all, but Slash and Agent Bishop!:teek:

Just two weeks until #71!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 11:13 AM
My question is when will this plot thread be picked up on? More! I know Pantheon answers and all, but Slash and Agent Bishop!:teek:

Just two weeks until #71!

Yeah, I am WAY more interested in the Bishop/EPF storyline than either the Pantheon or General Krang's trial in Dimension X... :tlol:

Guess we're gonna have to wait awhile though... :tsad:

So what do YOU think is up with Bishop? That he voluntarily did that to himself to be a better soldier?

qt.bangerang
06-14-2017, 11:14 AM
IDW is the freaking greatest! I can't wait for the Turtle Van!!!

Poor Slash, guy can't catch a break. Hope they can free him from Bishop at some point. Surprised Hob left him and didn't put a bullet in Bishop.

CyberCubed
06-14-2017, 11:15 AM
Well assuming that was Bishop's real biological father, we can assume Bishop was at least born a normal human. In the 4kids version he transferred his mind/consciousness to new clone bodies to essentially keep himself alive for hundreds of years, so it might be something similar in this version too.

I have to admit I was not expecting this to end so quickly, despite knowing the upcoming story arcs. I think Darkwater is essentially written out of the series now, I don't really expect to see them anymore now that they're not working for Bishop. I think it works better too, we don't really need BOTH the E.P.F. and Darkwater at the same time.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 11:24 AM
Well assuming that was Bishop's real biological father, we can assume Bishop was at least born a normal human. In the 4kids version he transferred his mind/consciousness to new clone bodies to essentially keep himself alive for hundreds of years, so it might be something similar in this version too.

I have to admit I was not expecting this to end so quickly, despite knowing the upcoming story arcs. I think Darkwater is essentially written out of the series now, I don't really expect to see them anymore now that they're not working for Bishop. I think it works better too, we don't really need BOTH the E.P.F. and Darkwater at the same time.

Same. This is a great way to close out Darkwater and buckle down to focus on the EPF itself. This issue also did a good job of explaining WHY we needed two different organizations working together to hunt mutants... excellent conclusion. Now gimme more Bishop, stat!

Utrommaniac
06-14-2017, 11:38 AM
Terminator-Face McNoHands

:lol:

I personally don't think we've seen the end of Darkwater, but it'll be a little bit before they show up again. I expect Bishop to be back soon/immediately after the Trial - and I wouldn't be surprised if he attacks Burnow at the tail end of the Trial.

As for me, I think Bishop was the thing that was seen in Area 51, but was reprogrammed a long time ago to forget that happened. But he knows he's a machine???

And if he's a Cyborg, who made him that way? Maybe Algernop Krieger? What happened to him that made him need mechanical parts? How did they get real skin over the metal bits? Can Prof. Honeycutt find this technology so he can transfer his body into something that can resemble his original form?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 11:42 AM
:lol:

I personally don't think we've seen the end of Darkwater, but it'll be a little bit before they show up again. I expect Bishop to be back soon/immediately after the Trial - and I wouldn't be surprised if he attacks Burnow at the tail end of the Trial.

As for me, I think Bishop was the thing that was seen in Area 51, but was reprogrammed a long time ago to forget that happened. But he knows he's a machine???

And if he's a Cyborg, who made him that way? Maybe Algernop Krieger? What happened to him that made him need mechanical parts? How did they get real skin over the metal bits? Can Prof. Honeycutt find this technology so he can transfer his body into something that can resemble his original form?

Attacks Burnow Island after trial? Sounds good to me!
The thing seen in Area 51? Ooooooooooooh... I like the way you think!

ProphetofGanja
06-14-2017, 12:10 PM
Holy F*ck Nuts, that was a freaking great issue!!!

Damn, so much to unpack. I almost cried out in excitement in the coffee shop I'm sitting in because of how intense things got. I don't know if it was just because I hadn't read a TMNT comic in a month or so, but this issue seemed exceptionally well-done artistically, too. The lines/inks/colors really, really popped. Everything was gorgeous, even the violence. I loved the expressions in this issue, too

Damn, so Bishop is not really human anymore, strictly speaking?? Or maybe he never was?? I'm thinking he uploaded his consciousness to an android body, and he likely has a stash of duplicates ready to go at any given moment. He can probably transfer the most up-to-date memories from the current body back to the stored bank of information too, so if his current body is destroyed he has all the information leading up to that moment. I wouldn't be surprised if when the NYPD show up after the end of this issue, Bishop has initiated a self-destruct sequence on his current body and transferred his consciousness into a new one. Hell, he could probably even be on the scene with the NYPD within a short while, back to looking suave and Mr. Smith-like, giving orders to everybody.

Poor, poor Slash and Seymour. They really keep getting the short end of the stick. I'm just glad they're both still around at least. I was pretty worried about Slash and Hob based on the solicitations for this issue. Whew! And I really liked Hob in this issue. I think he has softened a bit. I feel like he probably wouldn't have done anything to Pam or Bishop Sr., he was just bluffing. And I like that the Turtles and the Mutanimals are more unified now than they have been in a while.

Also, I'm hoping Donnie can entice Harold into helping him trick out their van!

And man, like others here, I'm waaay more interested in what's gonna happen with this story line now than what's going on with the Pantheon and Krang :lol: I know I'll be super intrigued once #71 comes out but I'm gonna be pondering where this part of the story will go pretty often now!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Slash curbstomping an old man in a wheelchair.

That's gonna be a tough thing to come to grips with whenever Slash is finally freed from Bishop's control.

:tsad:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 12:24 PM

Well said.

MikeandRaph is speechless, ladies and gentlemen. :trazz:

PApagreg
06-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Yeah sort of disappointed with this issue, I was hoping Bishop would show some humanity and try to save his dad but instead he turned him into bloody mush. I also felt the scuffle was anticlimatic, I don't know I kinda get that Leo is able to cut guns because you can argue that guns are mass produced but you would think Bishop would ask for more durable prosthetics.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Yeah sort of disappointed with this issue, I was hoping Bishop would show some humanity and try to save his dad but instead he turned him into bloody mush. I also felt the scuffle was anticlimatic, I don't know I kinda get that Leo is able to cut guns because you can argue that guns are mass produced but you would think Bishop would ask for more durable prosthetics.

Dude, Bishop's only been in the game for, like, eight issues. Way too early for any sort of redemption... Saki made it 50 issues in the ongoing, not counting mini and micro issues!

ProphetofGanja
06-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Dude, Bishop's only been in the game for, like, eight issues. Way too early for any sort of redemption... Saki made it 50 issues in the ongoing, not counting mini and micro issues!

Yeah, that would have been extremely unsatisfying. Bishop has the potential to be a significant thorn in the Turtles' and Mutanimals' side for a long time to come, I don't want to see him become an ally like some a lot of the other villains have.

We'll have to wait until probably at least August to get a solicitation that may mention Bishop again, I'm really curious to see when and how he'll pop up again

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Yeah, that would have been extremely unsatisfying. Bishop has the potential to be a significant thorn in the Turtles' and Mutanimals' side for a long time to come, I don't want to see him become an ally like some a lot of the other villains have.

We'll have to wait until probably at least August to get a solicitation that may mention Bishop again, I'm really curious to see when and how he'll pop up again

Bishop is definitely a different beast than Krang or Oroku Saki or the Pantheon. If we're ranking the villains by vitriol, Krang is definitely #3. :tlol:

Also... I'd be afraid for Leatherhead right about now. A single mutant on his own, with no friends? Chum in the water.

CyberCubed
06-14-2017, 01:11 PM
As much as I like Bishop and where his story is going right now, I do definitely want to see the Krang and Utrom plots resolved finally. I mean Krang's trial is something we've been waiting for since the Turtles defeated him way back before issue 40 or whatever it was, and plus the other Utroms woke up on Burnow Island and have largely just been there with Fugitoid while the Turtles got involved in all other adventures.

It's definitely something long overdue that needs to be resolved, I kind of feel like the Dunn/Street Phantoms plot went on a little too long and it delayed everything else from happening like Bishop and such. Especially looking back at it now and realizing how irrelevant Dun was in the long scheme of things.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 01:14 PM
As much as I like Bishop and where his story is going right now, I do definitely want to see the Krang and Utrom plots resolved finally. I mean Krang's trial is something we've been waiting for since the Turtles defeated him way back before issue 40 or whatever it was, and plus the other Utroms woke up on Burnow Island and have largely just been there with Fugitoid while the Turtles got involved in all other adventures.

It's definitely something long overdue that needs to be resolved, I kind of feel like the Dunn/Street Phantoms plot went on a little too long and it delayed everything else from happening like Bishop and such. Especially looking back at it now and realizing how irrelevant Dun was in the long scheme of things.

Dun was not irrelevant; he was the final factor in solidifying the schism between Splinter and his sons...

And yeah, Krang was defeated in Issue #44. This is 30-something issues later. :tlol: I AM excited for it, and really hoping for some good closure and finality, but at the same time...

Dang, that's a heckuva cliffhanger! :tcool:

ProphetofGanja
06-14-2017, 01:15 PM

Oh yeah me too, no doubt. I think it's a sign of a very high-quality series that the different plot threads are all so good that fans are eager to see how all of them play out pretty equally

Dun was not irrelevant; he was the final factor in solidifying the schism between Splinter and his sons...

And yeah, Krang was defeated in Issue #44. This is 30-something issues later. :tlol: I AM excited for it, and really hoping for some good closure and finality, but at the same time...

Dang, that's a heckuva cliffhanger! :tcool:

Hmm I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger so much (like that scene in the last new Star Trek film), more like being on hold on the phone for a few years :lol:

And very good point about Dunn, he was the final nail in the coffin, prompting Splinter's sons to go their own way for a while

CyberCubed
06-14-2017, 01:17 PM
Given we have two big arcs coming up both about Krang or Dimension X, it makes it pretty likely the whole plot with him and the Utroms will be resolved soon. The Utroms might find a planet in space to live peacefully while Krang is forever imprisoned. They'll live in peace...at least until whenever Ch'rell wakes up.

After that I guess the home stretch to issue 100 will be all about The Pantheon and Bishop, along with the various side characters like Leatherhead, Null, and Turtles/Mutanimals being involved.

ProphetofGanja
06-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Given we have two big arcs coming up both about Krang or Dimension X, it makes it pretty likely the whole plot with him and the Utroms will be resolved soon. The Utroms might find a planet in space to live peacefully while Krang is forever imprisoned. They'll live in peace...at least until whenever Ch'rell wakes up.

After that I guess the home stretch to issue 100 will be all about The Pantheon and Bishop, along with the various side characters like Leatherhead, Null, and Turtles/Mutanimals being involved.

I'm sure that rather than tie everything up that's already been introduced with a pretty little bow, before issue #100 a lot of new story lines and plot points will be introduced so that while some other stories will be largely resolved by #100, other stories will just be getting started

Like the new character's we're getting soon in TMNTU and the Dimension X mini (Ocho, the tatted-up Foot Clan member, Dreadmon, Maligna, more Pantheon family members), I'm sure there are things we can't even anticipate yet

MikeandRaph87
06-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Well said.

MikeandRaph is speechless, ladies and gentlemen. :trazz:

No, Google Chrome crashed mid post.

It was definitely a tense situation. Do you all think that Dark Water is done? Wesley Knight was portrayed differently this time, but he did say they were mercenaries. So the government has its own mercenaries,huh?

Do the Mutanimals move in with the Ninja Turtles temporarily? Where would they likely go?

CyberCubed
06-14-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm sure that rather than tie everything up that's already been introduced with a pretty little bow, before issue #100 a lot of new story lines and plot points will be introduced so that while some other stories will be largely resolved by #100, other stories will just be getting started

Like the new character's we're getting soon in TMNTU and the Dimension X mini (Ocho, the tatted-up Foot Clan member, Dreadmon, Maligna, more Pantheon family members), I'm sure there are things we can't even anticipate yet

Yeah, but it's pretty obvious issue 100 is going to be a climax to most of the current arcs. Even with a lot of new characters introduced, many of them are part of already established factions (like Ocho is another Karai minion mutant with Koya/Bludgeon), Dreadmon/Jagwar are involved with the Pantheon or Mutanimals, and Malinga might just be a one-time enemy for a space arc.

ProphetofGanja
06-14-2017, 01:30 PM
Yeah, but it's pretty obvious issue 100 is going to be a climax to most of the current arcs. Even with a lot of new characters introduced, many of them are part of already established factions (like Ocho is another Karai minion mutant with Koya/Bludgeon), Dreadmon/Jagwar are involved with the Pantheon or Mutanimals, and Malinga might just be a one-time enemy for a space arc.

True, and I think that gets to the heart of what I'm most excited for: the things we can't even anticipate, new IDW characters, new story developments, new status quos, all of that

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 01:31 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't expect Maligna to last for many story arcs. But she could turn out to be like Null instead of Dunn...

No, Google Chrome crashed mid post.

It was definitely a tense situation. Do you all think that Dark Water is done? Wesley Knight was portrayed differently this time, but he did say they were mercenaries. So the government has its own mercenaries,huh?

Do the Mutanimals move in with the Ninja Turtles temporarily? Where would they likely go?

I kinda hope Knight and Darkwater are done, but we'll see. And technically, a single government can't HAVE mercenaries. Mercenary means you serve no organization, only yourself and a paycheck.

I think the Pantheon storyline will be wrapped in Issue #100, and Bishop will be a huge part of the following 50 issues. His conflict is just so GRAND in scope...

MikeandRaph87
06-14-2017, 01:34 PM
That is the thing. I thought Bobby said that Dark Water was a separate government agency, a sister agency to Dark Water under the executive branch. If its an authorized mercanary grouo its harx to believe that it is allowed to exist atleast openly and for government contracts.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 01:39 PM
That is the thing. I thought Bobby said that Dark Water was a separate government agency, a sister agency to Dark Water under the executive branch. If its an authorized mercanary grouo its harx to believe that it is allowed to exist atleast openly and for government contracts.

Our government contracts out to private organizations all the time. And in the IDW issues, we've never seen Darkwater described as anything other than for hire and following the EPF's lead.

Somebody care to reread and fact check me? :tgrin:

PApagreg
06-14-2017, 01:42 PM

I'm not saying Bishop should befriend the turtles, I was hoping that we would see a softer side to him when it comes to his father and/or people he is close to.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 01:47 PM
I'm not saying Bishop should befriend the turtles, I was hoping that we would see a softer side to him when it comes to his father and/or people he is close to.

Sure, that'd be nice... but considering how zealous Bishop is in his stance, this both is far more believable for what we've seen from him so far AND makes him much more intimidating.

MikeandRaph87
06-14-2017, 02:01 PM

That is exactly what I was hoping for. He is carrying on his father's work. I thought that the bit with a legacy would humanize not showcase the monster he is. I expected Slash to kill John Sr. and it bring Bishop to realize he had gone extreme. Perhaps swear revenge against Old Hob. However it instead brought out the blindly evil in Agrnt Bishop. That was unexpected.

I agree about Agent Bishop transferring his consciousness. Only he is not born in the 1780s' but 1970s'.

It only says that Agent Bishop had contracted Dark Water. In the Ask The Editor thread Bobby said they were selarate government organizations working together. Now, this was around the time of issue #54 and the exact status of Dark Water could have changed in the 16 issues creatively.

neatoman
06-14-2017, 02:03 PM
So is Bishop an android or a cyborg? I don't want this to turn into a Dragon Ball translation mess. In either case I'm not sure I like it, I get that they largely shifted his interest from aliens to mutants and having his powers come from genetic engineering might make him too similar to them, it's just that I'm not sure it was the right direction. Maybe it'll grow on me like the reincarnation.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 02:08 PM
So is Bishop an android or a cyborg? I don't want this to turn into a Dragon Ball translation mess. In either case I'm not sure I like it, I get that they largely shifted his interest from aliens to mutants and having his powers come from genetic engineering might make him too similar to them, it's just that I'm not sure it was the right direction. Maybe it'll grow on me like the reincarnation.

I'm actually with you... this was unexpected, and while I trust IDW to make it work and win me over, I'm pretty skeptical at the moment.

neatoman
06-14-2017, 02:10 PM
By the way, should I just edit the spoiler tags out? Seems kind of pointless by this page.

MikeandRaph87
06-14-2017, 02:11 PM
I'm actually with you... this was unexpected, and while I trust IDW to make it work and win me over, I'm pretty skeptical at the moment.

That makes three of us. Hypocritical to an extent as well. Transferring his essence to be able to continue to protect his planet from alien invasion is one thing and I get it. This? We still could have the essence transference concept. So the jury is still out. I just "meh" at the moment like you both.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 02:17 PM
That makes three of us. Hypocritical to an extent as well. Transferring his essence to be able to continue to protect his planet from alien invasion is one thing and I get it. This? We still could have the essence transference concept. So the jury is still out. I just "meh" at the moment like you both.

It's just so... so out there.

It really is as big a "say what?" moment as back in Issue #5 when we find out that the Hamato Clan was reincarnated.

We shall see. :tgrin:

CyberCubed
06-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Funny thing is if Bishop doesn't launch an attack on Burnow Island, he might not have much of a chance to if all the Utroms leave the Earth. I hope he does, because it would make his first appearance where he and Winter were scoping out Burnow Island not lead to anything.

If that's the case Bishop might appear again sooner than we think.

Utrommaniac
06-14-2017, 02:26 PM
He's obviously going to. He knows they're there and knows where they are. It's just a question of why he hasn't done anything yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the reason they end up leaving - for which I would gladly await Krang's reaction.

All that time getting ready for them to begin anew there, only for some cyborg to come along and tear them back down to ground zero. There isn't a swear word in existence to describe how furious he'd be.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Funny thing is if Bishop doesn't launch an attack on Burnow Island, he might not have much of a chance to if all the Utroms leave the Earth. I hope he does, because it would make his first appearance where he and Winter were scoping out Burnow Island not lead to anything.

If that's the case Bishop might appear again sooner than we think.

At some point, IDW HAS to show us Burnow Island being attacked by Bishop. It has been the elephant in the room since "Attack on Technodrome." There is NO WAY that SOMEBODY on Earth hasn't launched an attack on Burnow Island after the entire planet was nearly fried.

Utrommaniac
06-14-2017, 02:35 PM
As I pointed out in the IDW General discussion, Burnow isn't too far from New York. It's nearly 2 hours on a plane to get there.

Even if the Technodrome only managed to cloak the area around the island, someone still would have noticed it. It still should have made a big enough beam to alert a lot of people, kind of like in The Last Airbender

http://i.imgur.com/QOWd1Za.gif

The fact that the actual US Military didn't go diving in is a wonder. But it's closer to Nova Scotia than it is to New York, so it could have even been the Canadian Military getting their feet wet in it first.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 02:47 PM
As I pointed out in the IDW General discussion, Burnow isn't too far from New York. It's nearly 2 hours on a plane to get there.

Even if the Technodrome only managed to cloak the area around the island, someone still would have noticed it. It still should have made a big enough beam to alert a lot of people, kind of like in The Last Airbender

http://i.imgur.com/QOWd1Za.gif

The fact that the actual US Military didn't go diving in is a wonder. But it's closer to Nova Scotia than it is to New York, so it could have even been the Canadian Military getting their feet wet in it first.

Only reason the military hasn't gone in is because Bishop has been holding them--and any other countries--at bay.

What Bishop may not realize is that if it wasn't for mutants, humanity would be extinct. I wonder who will be the one to make this argument to him way down the road...

Utrommaniac
06-14-2017, 02:48 PM
That's a very good point...and followed by a very good question. I'd place bets on Donatello, personally, but I think there's a chance he'd find out on his own.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 03:01 PM
That's a very good point...and followed by a very good question. I'd place bets on Donatello, personally, but I think there's a chance he'd find out on his own.

My thinking as well.

And no, Bishop will keep his blinders on, methinks...

CyberCubed
06-14-2017, 03:03 PM
What I'm curious about is wouldn't the Utroms be present during Krang's trial in Dimension X? I mean as far they know he was their "glorious leader" and Don was afraid to tell them what happened to Krang when they first woke up. Being there to see Krang on trial for his crimes would make sense.

So if they've all gone from Burnow Island I wonder how they can fit Bishop in, unless only a few of them go to the trial.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 03:08 PM
What I'm curious about is wouldn't the Utroms be present during Krang's trial in Dimension X? I mean as far they know he was their "glorious leader" and Don was afraid to tell them what happened to Krang when they first woke up. Being there to see Krang on trial for his crimes would make sense.

So if they've all gone from Burnow Island I wonder how they can fit Bishop in, unless only a few of them go to the trial.

You don't need all of them, just key witnesses: Mar'iell, Ch'rell, and... I think that's it. Lorqa got Leatherhead'ed. :trazz:

AlZarkovski
06-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Maybe Bishop is other Utrom like Nick-Bishop?

neatoman
06-14-2017, 03:54 PM
Maybe Bishop is other Utrom like Nick-Bishop?

I doubt it.
The only known living Utroms have been in stasis for a long time,
I don't think he'd be so keen on protecting earth if he was and his eyes at least appear organic.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 06:30 PM
I doubt it.
The only known living Utroms have been in stasis for a long time,
I don't think he'd be so keen on protecting earth if he was and his eyes at least appear organic.

He'd better NOT be. :tlol: I hated that idea...

DrSpengler
06-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #70 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/06/tmnt-idw-70.html)

While I was expecting Bishop to be more than human in the IDW-verse, since that's how he's portrayed in every other incarnation, the way Santolouco framed the reveal still had a lot of punch to it. Great sequence.

Loved the character work with Hob; having him step over a line, but not SO far over if that he becomes an enemy to the protagonists or crosses a moral boundary he can't come back from. Still my favorite character in the IDW series.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #70 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/06/tmnt-idw-70.html)

While I was expecting Bishop to be more than human in the IDW-verse, since that's how he's portrayed in every other incarnation, the way Santolouco framed the reveal still had a lot of punch to it. Great sequence.

Loved the character work with Hob; having him step over a line, but not SO far over if that he becomes an enemy to the protagonists or crosses a moral boundary he can't come back from. Still my favorite character in the IDW series.

"He really is just trying to keep his country safe from an external threat. He's just a paranoid, geriatric-stomping nutjob about it."

Great review, DrS. :tlol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-14-2017, 06:58 PM
I loved the review on Adventures in Poor Taste, too...

"Nothing takes the whimsy out of a franchise beloved by young children like a full-blown hostage situation—completely with a gun to the head of a man in a wheel chair and a woman with her mouth taped shut." :tlol:

Goodbye, Fred Wolf. :tsmile:

MikeandRaph87
06-14-2017, 07:09 PM
I loved the review on Adventures in Poor Taste, too...

"Nothing takes the whimsy out of a franchise beloved by young children like a full-blown hostage situation—completely with a gun to the head of a man in a wheel chair and a woman with her mouth taped shut." :tlol:

Goodbye, Fred Wolf. :tsmile:

"You say goodbye, as I say hello. Hello,Hello!"

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2013/07/2013-07-31-ninja_turtle_van-533x319.jpg

Yes, "Just listen to what the man said".

DrReagan
06-14-2017, 09:27 PM
Okay but I'm shipping Lindsey and Sally more then ever after those two panels they shared this issue.

Powder
06-14-2017, 09:30 PM
This issue was friggin' GREAT.

Utrommaniac
06-14-2017, 09:36 PM
I very highly doubt it. Especially considering the size Utroms tend to be in this version. Your average Utrom is not going to fit in a suit of Bishop's stature. Though, Krang did want to do that with the fake Shredder's body...

Now, they could make a suit out of Hun. He's big enough.

DestronMirage22
06-14-2017, 11:33 PM
This was a fantastic issue! I'm glad I didn't accidentally spoil anything for myself by visiting these threads like I did last time.
The whole RoboBishop reveal was really well executed, Santolouco continues to shine in his artwork. This was also a really gruesome issue, from Bishop's dad being smeared all over the place to Hob tearing off half of Bishop's face, there was plenty of blood, which I'm glad to see.

I'm glad we didn't get more of Mikey's whining about how he's not okay with the stuff they're doing. He was about to start about Hob's kidnapping of the wife, but thankfully Leo stopped him from going on about it.

Also, poor Slash. His mind must be in shatters at this point and they couldn't stop him from being Bishop's puppet. Poor guy can't catch a break. :(

Ninjinister
06-15-2017, 12:49 AM
So like... nobody in the book was really all that freaked out or bothered to find out what Bishop actually was? Even on that big splash after he'd been disarmed (heh) by Leo, it was more like "woah Leo did that" than "Wait what? What IS he?"

I mean even Hob didn't have anything to say after tearing into his face.

Utrommaniac
06-15-2017, 01:46 AM
I actually went back to look and yeah...nobody reacted to the fact that he's got robot parts.

At this point though, there's probably little left to surprise them. Bishop does seem to suggest that he wasn't always like that. "To fight monsters, we must become like them."

DrSpengler
06-15-2017, 06:18 AM
There was some disconnect there, yeah.

Like after Leo chops off Bishop's hands, Mondo makes a crack about how he can't grow them back. But, you know, he's a cyborg. He can just attach new ones. No biggie.

Makes me wonder if the cyborg thing was a late add at Nickelodeon's request, since a dude getting half his face ripped off and his hands lopped off by the good guys would have been a bit too much.

myconius
06-15-2017, 08:09 AM
this definitely was one one my favorite issues in a good long while.

the dialog was spot on, that action was amazing, and most all outcomes were very satisfactory. was sad to see Slash left behind, but the threat of him still being under Bishop's control was just far too risky.

that reveal panel of Bishop's cybernetic skeleton was 100% freaking AWESOMAZING!!!!! @u@

HOLY CHEESE SAUCE!! Mateus really knocked it out of the park!

yeah, this one is absolutely ranking among my favorites of the series!! :D

neatoman
06-15-2017, 08:25 AM
Yeah I had a similar problem with Null's introduction, why is nobody batting an eye at demons and cyborgs running around?

Utrommaniac
06-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Once you do battle with a squishy pink extra dimensional alien in a giant robot suit, fight through a feud with a 200-year-old warlord, and are technically reincarnations of murdered children, there's little left to surprise them.

I think "eww, that's Krang?" was their biggest reaction to seeing the face of their enemy for the first time.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Once you do battle with a squishy pink extra dimensional alien in a giant robot suit, fight through a feud with a 200-year-old warlord, and are technically reincarnations of murdered children, there's little left to surprise them.

I think "eww, that's Krang?" was their biggest reaction to seeing the face of their enemy for the first time.

That is a fair point. The Mirage Turtles got to that point, too...

ProphetofGanja
06-15-2017, 11:12 AM

:lol: Yeah, that's a good point. Although, the fact that nobody commented on it does make me wonder if there's some credence to the theory that IDW had to make Bishop a robot in order to tone down the violence. But then, why not just add a simple, single line of dialogue addressing it? I could totally see Mondo saying "whoa, robots dude!" or something like that.

Also, question: did anybody else have to google Gomer Pyle or was that just me?

MikeandRaph87
06-15-2017, 11:14 AM
:lol: Yeah, that's a good point. Although, the fact that nobody commented on it does make me wonder if there's some credence to the theory that IDW had to make Bishop a robot in order to tone down the violence. But then, why not just add a simple, single line of dialogue addressing it? I could totally see Mondo saying "whoa, robots dude!" or something like that.

Just look at my signature below,Shazam. He is the one on the left.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 11:23 AM

So far, just you. :trazz:

And also, I don't think IDW would change Bishop to a robot at the last minute. That's a pretty drastic change to his character and where to take his development, so I'm thinking it was their plan from Day 1.

CyberCubed
06-15-2017, 11:34 AM
I don't see why the Turtles should be surprised/shocked over Bishop being a cyborg or whatever. The Turtles know nothing about Bishop, "we're" only surprised because we're used to the old incarnation of Bishop. If Bishop was a new character with no prior TMNT incarnation, I bet most of us wouldn't bat an eyelash over Bishop being a cyborg or whatever.

The Turtles fight mutants, aliens, robots, etc. in the past, why would this be any different?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 11:36 AM
I don't see why the Turtles should be surprised/shocked over Bishop being a cyborg or whatever. The Turtles know nothing about Bishop, "we're" only surprised because we're used to the old incarnation of Bishop. If Bishop was a new character with no prior TMNT incarnation, I bet most of us wouldn't bat an eyelash over Bishop being a cyborg or whatever.

The Turtles fight mutants, aliens, robots, etc. in the past, why would this be any different?

We'd still bat an eye. The dude has been around since the early #50s, and there was no indication he was anything other than a human.

His whole crusade is KILL ANYTHING THAT ISN'T HUMAN. And yet... he's not human? So yeah, batting BOTH eyes here. :twink:

Now it sounds like I'm flirting with a homicidal genocidal xenophobic robot.

ProphetofGanja
06-15-2017, 12:07 PM
Just look at my signature below,Shazam. He is the one on the left.

So far, just you. :trazz:

And also, I don't think IDW would change Bishop to a robot at the last minute. That's a pretty drastic change to his character and where to take his development, so I'm thinking it was their plan from Day 1.

Hmm okay, must be an old folks thing :lol:

Mmm nah, I think if I saw a random person I'd never seen before in the street get part of their face torn off I'd be surprised if there was anything but meat and bone underneath. I think that would go for the Turtles and Mutanimals too, even with everything they've seen. It's not like they haven't seen a robot before, it's just that this was a r̶o̶b̶o̶t̶ c̶y̶b̶o̶r̶g̶ a̶n̶d̶r̶o̶i̶d̶ whatever in disguise

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 12:09 PM
Hmm okay, must be an old folks thing :lol:

Your Tyrion Lannister "Just Deal With It" avatar does NOT give you license to make fun of old people. :trazz:

It does give you license to market yourself as the Technodrome's god of wine and tits, though.

ProphetofGanja
06-15-2017, 12:29 PM
Your Tyrion Lannister "Just Deal With It" avatar does NOT give you license to make fun of old people. :trazz:

It does give you license to market yourself as the Technodrome's god of wine and tits, though.

lmao :lol: I'll take it

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjI1ONSdbFxpHUyc/giphy.gif

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 12:33 PM
lmao :lol: I'll take it

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjI1ONSdbFxpHUyc/giphy.gif

As you should; as you should. :tcool:

myconius
06-15-2017, 12:39 PM

yeah, i think the Turtles having seen more than their fair share, that a cyborg is just 'another day in the life' at this point.

CyberCubed
06-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Changing subjects, anyone think it's a bit odd the Turtles let Old Hob off so easily for threatening to kill the wife and old man? Especially when he made her neck bleed by scratching his claws into it?

I'm surprised Leonardo didn't get angry with Hob over that. Hob took an innocent human hostage, I think the Turtles should have been a bit more angry with him at the end when everything was over. Even just a small scene of Leo giving Hob a stern talking.

MikeandRaph87
06-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Changing subjects, anyone think it's a bit odd the Turtles let Old Hob off so easily for threatening to kill the wife and old man? Especially when he made her neck bleed by scratching his claws into it?

I'm surprised Leonardo didn't get angry with Hob over that. Hob took an innocent human hostage, I think the Turtles should have been a bit more angry with him at the end when everything was over. Even just a small scene of Leo giving Hob a stern talking.

I view it as Hob was bluffing and the Turtles had to believe him to get everyone out with as little harm as possible if the plan was to be successful and it was. Its just Bishop/s unexpected disinterest in life surprised everyone.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 02:01 PM

The Turtles can't afford to alienate Hob with Bishop coming after all mutants. Mikey will protest, because Mikey is naive and innocent, but I think at this point, Raph, Leo, and Don all realize that things are no longer black and white.

Remember, the inciting incidents that drove away Raph and Don was Splinter manipulating their FRIENDS and endangering them (Harold and Casey). Killing a beaten enemy was just the final straw, but those two Turtles were already going to walk away. And Leo only walked to keep an eye on his three brothers.

Powder
06-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Yeah I had a similar problem with Null's introduction, why is nobody batting an eye at demons and cyborgs running around?

Everyone's played Doom, man. :trazz:

Utrommaniac
06-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I definately think Hob was bluffing to get what he wanted. If anything, he was the one most caught off gaurd by Bishop killing his own father.
"That wasn't suppoesd to happen at all!"

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I definately think Hob was bluffing to get what he wanted. If anything, he was the one most caught off gaurd by Bishop killing his own father.
"That wasn't suppoesd to happen at all!"

I would fully expect Old Hob to follow through. But killing the wife DOESN'T free his family. So he absolutely would kill her, but that doesn't solve his problem and he fully expected it to solve the problem.

That's how I see it. He doesn't want to, but he will, but dammit, THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO WORK!!! :trazz:

myconius
06-15-2017, 04:10 PM

I view it as Hob was bluffing and the Turtles had to believe him to get everyone out with as little harm as possible if the plan was to be successful and it was. Its just Bishop/s unexpected disinterest in life surprised everyone.

The Turtles can't afford to alienate Hob with Bishop coming after all mutants. Mikey will protest, because Mikey is naive and innocent, but I think at this point, Raph, Leo, and Don all realize that things are no longer black and white.

Remember, the inciting incidents that drove away Raph and Don was Splinter manipulating their FRIENDS and endangering them (Harold and Casey). Killing a beaten enemy was just the final straw, but those two Turtles were already going to walk away. And Leo only walked to keep an eye on his three brothers.

after reading the issue fully it seemed like Hob was pulling a very good bluff.

and when Mikey started his protest, Leo was quick to silence Mike and say that Hob was onto something.

this issue did echo a bit with Splinter's actions against Darius Dunn in issue #64, though not as extreme.

myconius
06-15-2017, 04:14 PM
i'd really like to know how Dr. Shevlin feels seeing how he was partially responsible for Bishop using Slash to kill Bishop Senior?

MikeandRaph87
06-15-2017, 04:17 PM
i'd really like to know how Dr. Shevlin feels seeing how he was partially responsible for Bishop using Slash to kill Bishop Senior?

I think the answer will found in TMNT#76. I myself wondered how many people Agent Bishop would have working for him after that and how he might twist it around to perhaps the mutants as the cause of her father's murder especially if POTUS or another higher up in the executive branch wants answers of the fiasco.

Does anyone else feel like Agent Bishop was given a father just to be killed off and it not be a reoccurring character?

Utrommaniac
06-15-2017, 04:17 PM
Poor Dr. Shelvin. Beaten up by a nude lizard in a toilet stall and complicit in a brutal murder.

myconius
06-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Does anyone else feel like Agent Bishop was given a father just to be killed off and it not be a reoccurring character?

at least he wasn't wearing a red shirt.
well... it didn't start off as red! :lol:

Poor Dr. Shelvin. Beaten up by a nude lizard in a toilet stall and complicit in a brutal murder.

yeah this guy's definitely not doing too good! :lol:

MikeandRaph87
06-15-2017, 04:30 PM

yeah this guy's definitely not doing too good! :lol:

I will give you a pass this time since your the coolest whenever CKD is not around,but that was a low. Funny short story, about two hours after I read the issue I went to Ollie's Outlet and in line in front of me was a guy that looked like John Bishop Sr. The check out clerk said "feeling tired today" to me when it was my turn after I did a double take after seeing the old guy.

Utrommaniac
06-15-2017, 04:31 PM
I think Bishop Sr.'s stuff might be worked out in due course. Kind of like with Quanin, but with more mystery (whose cause of death still hasn't been made very clear. Krang abandoned him and somehow he ended up dying in his ship instead of the council chamber where Krang left him?)

myconius
06-15-2017, 05:17 PM
I will give you a pass this time since your the coolest whenever CKD is not around,but that was a low.

thank you! thank you ladies and gentlemen!
i'll be here all week!
don't forget to try the specials! :P

https://68.media.tumblr.com/a5501c66b68589d1dd22602dccc1156e/tumblr_n2v88rCyti1qbtpjao1_400.gif

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2017, 08:34 PM

:tlol:

Well, that WAS the point of the character, it turns out. :trazz: But I'm certain we'll find out more of the EPF's origins--and Bishop's--soon.

Poor? THAT dude has some serious crap to answer for. :trazz: It's HIS fault Slash is still MIA. :tsad:

AquaParade
06-15-2017, 08:54 PM
As someone who has been pretty tuned out of this series for the last 12-15 issues, I thought this was pretty good.

Read it on a whim and I felt like it was paced really tightly. Santolouco was on fire. I appreciate the way he has somewhat re approached his take on the turtles - Mikey seems to have lost the big, baby tooth.
I probably haven't enjoyed the book this much since it was hovering around the 30-40 issue mark. I may check out the next issue and even go back a few to see what I have missed, but no guarantee.

Hat's off to the creative team.

myconius
06-15-2017, 10:00 PM
:tlol:

Well, that WAS the point of the character, it turns out. :trazz: But I'm certain we'll find out more of the EPF's origins--and Bishop's--soon.

definitely! that guy was some much needed cannon fodder!

someone should have told him-

you do EPF, yes -- ok.
you do EPF, no -- ok.
you do EPF, maybe/guess so -- (SQUISH!) just like grape!

martinitolove
06-16-2017, 12:26 PM
I suppose that "man in the wheelchair" IS Bishop. He created a robot copy of a young self and moved his consciousness into the new body before becoming senile. Therefor Bishop just killed his old biologic husk.

CyberCubed
06-16-2017, 12:34 PM
I suppose that "man in the wheelchair" IS Bishop. He created a robot copy of a young self and moved his consciousness into the new body before becoming senile. Therefor Bishop just killed his old biologic husk.

That could be true. Would also be a nice nod to the 4kids version.

myconius
06-16-2017, 01:04 PM

i had a similar thought about this as well.
guess time will tell if this was really the case, or if it was actually an act of patricide.

either way both are equally unsettling!!!

i found Bishop disturbing and unsettling before, but now he truly established himself as ONE miserable rotten S.O.B. !!! :o

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-16-2017, 01:07 PM

I thought about that possibility as well... it's a different interpretation on "that lifeless husk is not my father."

But until proven wrong, I'm going with the most disturbing interpretation. :tgrin:

Utrommaniac
06-16-2017, 01:19 PM
He did seem to be a little bit more senile in those last moments. At least I think he did.

Powder
06-16-2017, 04:37 PM

Wow, that's wild. You might be onto something.

ChosenOne
06-16-2017, 04:48 PM

That would be incredible, great theory! I hope you're eventually proven right in a couple of months!

Utrommaniac
06-16-2017, 06:10 PM
One thing I have noticed is that Bishop still bleeds when Hob slashes at him. He's still got...red muscle bits under the skin. And the mechanical systems in his hands pretty much replicates bone exactly.

DestronMirage22
06-17-2017, 01:00 AM

That's a good point. And considering he reffered to him as his dad, it could be that the copy considers himself a separate individual and lost a bit of himself in the process of transferring his consciousness.

MikeandRaph87
06-17-2017, 07:45 AM
That's a good point. And considering he reffered to him as his dad, it could be that the copy considers himself a separate individual and lost a bit of himself in the process of transferring his consciousness.

More of a Jango Fett/ Bobba Fett situation. Remember that Jango wanted to raise one of his own clones as his own child. In other words he adopted himself to raise himself. Bobba, his own clone referred to Jango as his father. Agent Bishop would act like it in order to keep going in an extended life. The question would be, if Agent Bishop transfered his consciousness to the cloned body then how could his original body be alive? I know the 'lifeless husk' remark was made, but the old man was alive and well. Maybe Agent Bishop had cloned himself and his clone when mad including allowing the creator to be killed. That eliminates the conscious transference and allows for old man Bishop to carry on and Agent Bishop to be something more than human.

turtlefan27
06-17-2017, 09:36 AM
The guys are finally getting there own van! I hope it looks like the fred wolf van

Powder
06-17-2017, 02:07 PM
I hope it doesn't. Supe it up, sure, but there's enough Fred Wolf/Playmates influence as it is.

Ninjinister
06-17-2017, 02:34 PM
I hope it doesn't. Supe it up, sure, but there's enough Fred Wolf/Playmates influence as it is.

Also it would look tacky in a more serious-ish based series such as this one.

CyberCubed
06-17-2017, 02:50 PM
It'll probably look more like the Shellraiser from Nick, or the Battle Shell from 4kids either way. Turtles always have a truck/van in the shows.

neatoman
06-17-2017, 03:07 PM
It'll probably look more like the Shellraiser from Nick, or the Battle Shell from 4kids either way. Turtles always have a truck/van in the shows.

My money's on the Battle Shell because... Well, the Battle Shells look like this.
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/e/e0/Battle-shell.png/revision/latest?cb=20101116075801https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/c/c2/Newbattleshell.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101126162042

And the others... The Turtle Van is bound to draw attention.
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/7/71/Party-wagon.png/revision/latest?cb=20101116073302

And the Shellraiser will be pulled over as soon as a cop sees it. It's a subway cart with giant wheels that take up two lanes, no way does it ever blend in. and that's not even the end of it, as it has a giant cannon on top and TINY WINDOW INSTEAD OF A WINDSHIELD!
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/c/c2/Shellraiser_pic.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121011182505

Point is, the Battle Shell is the only one that looks like it wouldn't get towed away on it's very first day in public.

TurtleWA
06-17-2017, 04:26 PM

As soon as I read the gomer pyle line I thought of mirage and the pop culture references/nods in that. Andy Griffith show is what 40plus years ago. So not even a current reference. I think mirage only went back maybe 15years at the time with references. I grew up with nick at night reruns so am familiar with the name. Also the use of the name as an insult has been around awhile.
I really don't like it when pop culture references are used because they can be misunderstood by readers and then it's like a wasted line and messes with the flow of the story. imho. But I suppose it goes into the development of the character that uses the line. I mean it dates them somewhat or implies that they watch nick at night. :lol:

Redeemer
06-17-2017, 07:29 PM
this definitely was one one my favorite issues in a good long while.

the dialog was spot on, that action was amazing, and most all outcomes were very satisfactory. was sad to see Slash left behind, but the threat of him still being under Bishop's control was just far too risky.

that reveal panel of Bishop's cybernetic skeleton was 100% freaking AWESOMAZING!!!!! @u@

HOLY CHEESE SAUCE!! Mateus really knocked it out of the park!

yeah, this one is absolutely ranking among my favorites of the series!! :D

I agree this issue was the best in a long while, but I think they actually messed up the reveal panel. They should of have had it on the left page instead of the right page. I was shocked with the poor panel selection.

myconius
06-17-2017, 08:33 PM
I agree this issue was the best in a long while, but I think they actually messed up the reveal panel. They should of have had it on the left page instead of the right page. I was shocked with the poor panel selection.

you bring up a very good point about the panel layout of the Bishop reveal.

even though i buy a physical copy, things like this is why i buy digital as well.

sometimes the guided view on comixology zooms in too close for my preference, it's great for concealing reveals.

otherwise this issue was SO dang good though! probably the easiest to want to re-read again and again.

CyberCubed
06-18-2017, 04:15 PM
Heh, in today's episode of the Nick cartoon, we saw Bishop with half his face burnt off exposing his Utrom exoskeleton, looked just like IDW's Bishop in this issue. Seemed like a funny nod even though I know both stories were written months apart with no knowledge of what the other series was doing. Coincidence I guess. :lol:

neatoman
06-19-2017, 08:38 AM
Heh, in today's episode of the Nick cartoon, we saw Bishop with half his face burnt off exposing his Utrom exoskeleton, looked just like IDW's Bishop in this issue. Seemed like a funny nod even though I know both stories were written months apart with no knowledge of what the other series was doing. Coincidence I guess. :lol:

Coincidence, they've used that model variant since season 1.

turtlefan27
06-19-2017, 11:27 AM

That's what I was meaning, the paint would not go well with this universe.