PDA

View Full Version : King Arthur "flops" With $14.7M Weekend

TurtleWA
06-07-2017, 11:12 PM
I only just recently found an advertisement for this movie in a comic. It seems like the type of movie I would like. To bad it's supposedly not good. If I get the chance Im still going to watch it when it's released on DVD.

Somewhat reminds me of a knights tale, robin hood prince of thieves, first knight, count of monte cristo, braveheart, willow and some others. I guess I just like movies with swords. I'm not sure if these fit the same genre or what it would even be called.

Anyone see King Arthur?

gzy4MDltt3o

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/05/14/box-office-king-arthur-royally-flops-with-14-7m-weekend/amp/

Autbot_Benz
06-07-2017, 11:14 PM
already a king Arthur thread it was on the 4th page

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55986

TurtleWA
06-07-2017, 11:24 PM
Oh man it finally happened to me. I usually check to see if recent posts have been made too. I suppose four pages back was to much. :lol:

turtle1237
06-08-2017, 12:13 AM
After the epic that was 1981's Excalibur, why even bother making a other King Arthur movie? Other people attempted and failed to make King Arthur movies and never got to the level of this classic.

Excalibur, that's how you make a King Arthur movie.

Andrew NDB
06-08-2017, 12:19 AM
After the epic that was 1981's Excalibur, why even bother making a other King Arthur movie? Other people attempted and failed to make King Arthur movies and never got to the level of this classic.

Plenty of good reasons as to why make a King Arthur movie now. "Others have tried and failed."

Look at TMNT. Pretty much everyone and their mom has failed at making a good TMNT movie. Does that mean they need to stop trying?

OK, maybe the current crop of people need to stop trying. But there is a good TMNT movie to be made.

TurtleWA
06-08-2017, 01:06 AM

I think this is the version my high school English teacher showed us. Funny thing is he had to fast forward through the nude scene. :lol:

But there is a good TMNT movie to be made.
Optimistic and true. :tsmile:

turtle1237
06-08-2017, 01:10 AM
Plenty of good reasons as to why make a King Arthur movie now. "Others have tried and failed."

Look at TMNT. Pretty much everyone and their mom has failed at making a good TMNT movie. Does that mean they need to stop trying?

OK, maybe the current crop of people need to stop trying. But there is a good TMNT movie to be made.

After the epic that was 1990's TMNT, why even bother making a other TMNT movie? Other people attempted and failed to make TMNT movies and never got to the level of this classic.

The first movie that's how you make a turtles movie

Andrew NDB
06-08-2017, 01:38 AM
After the epic that was 1990's TMNT, why even bother making a other TMNT movie? Other people attempted and failed to make TMNT movies and never got to the level of this classic.

The first movie that's how you make a turtles movie

Because TMNT 1990 is largely unwatchable to this generation of kids/young adults. And maybe it didn't even get a bunch of things right to begin with.

TurtleWA
06-08-2017, 03:01 PM
I've only seen a few videos from CBG19 so I never knew she was a weeder. I guess that contributed to her puking during the movie. And OMG I laughed so hard with her imitation of the movie from 4:30-5:35. Dude, so funny. :lol:

ifLlX3kA8vQ

ProactiveMan
06-08-2017, 07:42 PM
I really like her videos, but that one was all over the place. She lost me when she mentioned the "King Arthur IP".

For the record, I liked the movie, and I'm not too sure why it bombed. Bad marketing probably...

Autbot_Benz
06-08-2017, 07:51 PM
I love comicbookgirl19 too that video was funny.

snake
06-08-2017, 07:55 PM
It sucked. Literal 1/10

Allio
06-08-2017, 11:40 PM
I like her. She looks like tumblr but acts like 4chan