PDA

View Full Version : E3 Twenty-Seventeen

Cure
06-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Click here (http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/E3_2017_Live_Streams_and_Press_Conferences) for the schedule.

So what's everyone hoping for? What rumors are flying around that you think might be/wanna be true? E3 gets an early start this year on Saturday, so let's do iiiiiiit!

AT-Man
06-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Hopefully a new Souls-like Fromsoft game.

PApagreg
06-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Sony conference, not only do I have a PS4 but I waited for a year for new Spiderman news

FredWolfLeonardo
06-08-2017, 09:49 PM
I'm hoping that the next smash game for Nintendo switch gets announced. If not that, then a remastered Melee in HD Atleast since that has been frequently rumoured.

Turo602
06-09-2017, 06:31 AM
I think my two biggest wants are Metroid and Splinter Cell. Metroid hasn't gotten a proper game in 10 years and a proper sequel in 15 years. Splinter Cell on the other hand had 2 very amazing games last generation and has been completely absent this generation. We've gotten plenty of Assassin's Creeds and Far Crys this generation, this has to be the E3 where a new Splinter Cell is announced. Another Dead Space game would be nice too.

Also, there's been a lot of talk and rumors about Rocksteady or WB doing a new Batman and even a Superman game. Would love to see either of those be true.

Other than that, I'm pretty much excited to see things that have been announced already. Mario Odyssey, Spider-Man, Avengers, God of War 4, Sonic Forces, Resident Evil 2 REmake, etc.

I'm pretty disappointed to hear that Halo 6 will be absent this year. It's probably for the best, but they usually have really cool hype trailers around this time. Hopefully they got something Halo-related though. That Halo show has been pretty quiet and I don't think there's ever been any follow up to whether or not it's still happening since Microsoft's Xbox TV thing failed really hard.

Spike Spiegel
06-09-2017, 07:01 AM
I'd like to see a classic style Metroid title for 3DS and some more information about the upcoming Spider-Man game on PS4.

The Deadman
06-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Made a thread for the Xbox One X
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?p=1689310#post1689310

Cure
06-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Great use of this thread, people.

Anyway, I thought the Microsoft thing was pretty good. Lots of games shown and a lot seemed pretty interesting. Crackdown, Mordor, Sea of Thieves, Last Night, Assassin's Creed, Ori, Cuphead, CodeVein, and Ashen all look pretty cool. I also wanna get an X, but I think I should upgrade my TV first.

Ninjinister
06-11-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm excited that Cuphead finally has a release date. Wonder if they're still going for that Master System version? Maybe 2021.

So far the only new game other than Dragon Ball FighterZ I'm excited for is Before the Storm, although like 90% of the reason I liked Chloe so much was her acting, and her actress is only writing for her in this one and not voicing again. It's still early though! E3 proper hasn't even started yet!

I feel ya.

CyberCubed
06-11-2017, 10:56 PM
No real interest in Microsoft's stuff, but the third party showings and the indie games particularly Cuphead looked pretty good. I also can't believe a Dragonball Z game was one of the highlights of Microsoft's content.

Lastly that red squirrel platformer game? Virtually everyone on every other gaming forum I've visited thought it was going to be a Conker game at first...lol

PApagreg
06-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Fingers crossed for the new Wolfenstein Game, loved new order

Can't tell if being sarcastic or genuine

You know looking at the new Wolfenstein trailer I still think its a damn shame they killed off Jimi Hendrix

The Deadman
06-12-2017, 12:27 AM
Not too sure what to think of the Devolver.....presentation right now.

Turo602
06-12-2017, 05:47 AM
A Way Out looks like a very unique co-op experience. I'm not entirely convinced Assassin's Creed: Origins is the reinvigoration the series needs, but the story is sure to be interesting and the setting looks absolutely beautiful. Crackdown 3 looks like a lot fun, but I haven't played the first 2 so I don't know when I'll ever get around to getting it. Cuphead still looks great and Conker's Good Fur Day I mean Super Lucky's Tale was a nice surprise. I haven't played Ori and the Blind Forest yet but I hear it's really good so it's cool that it's getting a sequel. I'm also really excited for The Evil Within 2. I don't know how I feel about Sea of Thieves, Ashen, CodeVein, and Anthem yet, but they've definitely caught my attention.

Xbox One X looks pretty cool but holy sh*t that price hurts so much but they snapped with original Xbox backward compatibility.

Krutch
06-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Battlefront II looks tight :D I'm glad they're dipping into the prequel stuff. I know the movies aren't universally beloved by any means but there's a lot of fun vehicles, weapons, worlds, and characters to mine.

CyberCubed
06-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Hopefully Sony's E3 is good because I haven't been blown away so far.

Krutch
06-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Yeah, aside from the Battlefront 2 and Life Is Strange news, this has been a snooze.

And where's the VR news? :(

ProphetofGanja
06-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Cuphead, Sea of Thieves, Wild, Destiny 2, all games I've already been excited to play for a while now

Assassin's Creed Origins, that Warhammer game, maybe the new Far Cry, Vanquish, all look pretty cool

Skull & Bones looks like it could be freaking awesome

sdp
06-12-2017, 08:21 PM
I'm a little behind on E3 since I was working the Pokemon Regionals event all weekend and just now get to go through the conferences, if no one has posted I'll continue to edit this post

The Microsoft conference was a snoozefest because they spent too much time on each game, if you get one game you're not interested in then that's a lot of time wasted.

I like their strategy with Xbox One X as long as they continue to lower the price accordingly, we'll see.

The Last Night and Dragon Ball Fighters Z look cool and plan to get them, Cuphead too but wasn't that announced like two years ago? good thing is most games if not multi platform are only timed exclusives. I don't think there's anything exclusive for Xbox I really want.

I liked the way they treated their fans by allowing OG Xbox games to be backwards compatible, the opposite strategy that Nintendo is doing basically.

edit: sony's conference was rather boring

Autbot_Benz
06-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Marvel's Spider-Man that is all

tVa5Octl4CQ

CyberCubed
06-12-2017, 11:03 PM
LOL, Sony's E3 this year was just a repeat of all the same games they showed last year. :lol:

Nice that Shadow of Collossus is getting a full remake this time though.

PApagreg
06-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Marvel's Spider-Man that is all

tVa5Octl4CQ

You know that trailer pretty much had everything I had hoped for in a new spiderman game and everything I feared
+Webslinging looks pretty good, its a little slower compared to Spiderman 2 but I'm fine with it.
+ We're actually getting a different villain and while I don't know much about Mr Negative he does seem like an interesting antagonist
-The QTEs are annoying as all hell
-The combat and stealth feels too much like the Arkham games, I was hoping for some combos that use different buttons but so far I'm not impressed.

So I'm very mixed about the game, I still have hope for the game but so far "meh"

Turo602
06-13-2017, 01:05 AM
Honestly, it just looks like a prettier and more cinematic version of what Beenox has been doing.

Cure
06-13-2017, 01:14 AM
Shadow of the Colossus and Spider-Man look dooooope. Everything in Spider-Man looked awesome. What a time to be alive when a Spider-Man game is the stinger at an E3 press conference.

CyberCubed
06-13-2017, 02:10 AM
Spiderman reminded me a lot of the Batman Arkham games....just with Spiderman and webs instead of Batman and his bat hook.

Cure
06-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Yeah, no ****. And those games are good, so I don't see the issue.

The Deadman
06-13-2017, 10:35 AM
I was kinda hoping theyd announce a new Trials game this year because the crossover with Far Cry wasnt really the best.

Spike Spiegel
06-13-2017, 11:16 AM
So, Metroid Prime 4 is in development for the Switch... (https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/13/15782806/metroid-prime-4-nintendo-switch-announced-e3-2017)

Those tiny Joy-Con controllers seem like they'd really suck for FPS controls, though.

Ninjinister
06-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Dat hat mechanic in Mario Odyssey! Holy s**t I didn't expect that.

An' I'm obvs hyped for Kirby.

Powder
06-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Nintendo delivered. Pretty much everything I hoped to see in the Switch's first year or two will be heading my way. Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon, Metroid. Boom.

Just need another DKC. :)

Cure
06-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Nintendo delivered. Pretty much everything I hoped to see in the Switch's first year or two will be heading my way. Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon, Metroid. Boom.

Just need another DKC. :)

I'm with you! **** was tight.

The Deadman
06-13-2017, 12:01 PM
Out of the big 3, looks like Nintendo came out on top this year.

Powder
06-13-2017, 12:08 PM
METROID ON 3DS!!!!!

YOOOO, THEY TOPPED THE TOPPING!

:tsmile:

LeotheLateBloomer
06-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Yuuupp!

Nintendo clearly won! No arguments! Two Metroids (one 2D, one Prime), Kirby Switch, Pokemon coming to Switch, Yoshi Wooly World sequel, and Mario Odyssey looking dope!

"Come on, only 25 minutes? Their conference is gonna suck!"

So much for that, eh?:roll:

Spike Spiegel
06-13-2017, 12:53 PM
METROID ON 3DS!!!!!

YOOOO, THEY TOPPED THE TOPPING!

:tsmile:

I hope their Metroid II remake is as full of surprises as Zero Mission.

EDIT: Looked at some gameplay footage. There are new abilities and mechanics that should really make this one stand out--including a very precise aiming mechanic that seems to be controlled by the analog stick. It's like they decided to improve on what went wrong with the FPS mechanics in Other M. Also, you can set your own waypoints on the map and there is a teleport system to get to certain areas more efficiently.

sdp
06-13-2017, 12:56 PM
Nintendo didn't show that much though, I think Metroid Prime 4 will be their big holiday title of 2018 alongside Pokemon from what it feels like it. Kirby and Yoshi will be the "smaller' big games they release through out 2018. They really didn't show anything great for this year that we didn't already know. It also feels that 3DS is pretty much dead with the main line Pokemon game announcement and only getting Metroid. I'm not faulting them for it since it's had a huge life but I just wanted to know if for some reason they were going to continue it like they said they would.

Microsoft easily had the strongest conference.

CyberCubed
06-13-2017, 01:27 PM
If a mainline pokemon game comes 2018, that means Sun/Moon will officially be the shortest gen of pokemon at only 2 years. Really puts into perspective how they really wanted to move on fast.

sdp
06-13-2017, 01:55 PM
I think it's going to be the rumored Sun and Moon "Eclipse" version if it releases in 2018, this is why they wouldn't show anything. If it's indeed a new gen then we won't see it until 2019.

I really liked Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it seems like a generic 90s PS1 RPG but that's why it's appealing to me. Never played the original since it didn't seem that interesting, I hope they aren't too connected. Xenoblade Chronicles X wasn't connected at all right? That one looked even more boring.

I hope it's not censured in America, if I want to play a Japanese RPG I better get all the quirky tropes that make those games what they are.

Ninjinister
06-13-2017, 02:06 PM
It also feels that 3DS is pretty much dead with the main line Pokemon game announcement and only getting Metroid. I'm not faulting them for it since it's had a huge life but I just wanted to know if for some reason they were going to continue it like they said they would.

Well there's still at least two more Kirby games coming out this year for it (the expansion of the 3D mini-game from Robobot plus one that has pretty much no info and honestly I expected to see here today). New N3DS is also getting Fire Emblem Warriors, and I'm sure you heard about Ultra Sun/Moon.

Microsoft easily had the strongest conference.

I felt the complete opposite. The only interesting things they showed are also on other platforms.

The Deadman
06-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Microsoft had the weakest. Most people's rankings are 1. Nintendo followed by Ubisoft. Sony also hardly showed anything worth wanting as well.

PApagreg
06-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Didn't really feel E3 that much, I was hoping to see No more Heroes and the Last of Us 2 but it was cool seeing the new Metriod game. Kinda disappointed with that the new Spider-man game has Arkham combat and stealth but I'm still going to buy it.

Still though my highlight for E3 was the new Wolfenstein game.

CyberCubed
06-13-2017, 02:38 PM
I think it's going to be the rumored Sun and Moon "Eclipse" version if it releases in 2018, this is why they wouldn't show anything. If it's indeed a new gen then we won't see it until 2019.

Nah, they made it obvious it'll be an all-new game. A third version of Sun/Moon, after Ultra Sun/Moon on 3DS this year, would make no sense. Inevitable DP remakes also likely wouldn't come until after the start of a new gen.

It's also really obvious Nintendo wants a new gen of Pokemon on Switch. After all this is the 3DS successor, Nintendo has to make sure the Switch is a success and Pokemon always sells millions every new gen.

Storm Eagle
06-13-2017, 04:49 PM
Metroid games for the 3DS and the Switch, eh? Way to make my wallet your bitch, Nintendo.

The Deadman
06-13-2017, 05:01 PM
Nah, they made it obvious it'll be an all-new game. A third version of Sun/Moon, after Ultra Sun/Moon on 3DS this year, would make no sense. Inevitable DP remakes also likely wouldn't come until after the start of a new gen.

It's also really obvious Nintendo wants a new gen of Pokemon on Switch. After all this is the 3DS successor, Nintendo has to make sure the Switch is a success and Pokemon always sells millions every new gen.

The Pokemon game on the Switch is a RPG, not like the games on handheld.

Cure
06-13-2017, 05:08 PM
The Pokemon game on the Switch is a RPG, not like the games on handheld.

...do you not think...they're already RPG's?

The Deadman
06-13-2017, 06:38 PM
...do you not think...they're already RPG's?

Don't shoot me, shoot the people advertising this as a RPG that isn't in no way similiar to the handheld games.

Cure
06-13-2017, 07:37 PM
Don't shoot me, shoot the people advertising this as a RPG that isn't in no way similiar to the handheld games.

Show me where "the people" said that, please.

Ninjinister
06-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Yeah I'mma go with "citation needed" since the words outta Ishihara's translator's mouth were:

“Game Freak has begun developing a core RPG Pokémon title on Nintendo Switch."

CyberCubed
06-13-2017, 08:04 PM

All the GameFreak developed main pokemon games are RPG's. They said the next mainline Pokemon is on the Switch, which would be Gen 8 of the Pokemon franchise.

The 3DS is over. Sun/Moon is getting a slightly updated version coming this year and then they're moving onto Gen 8.

sdp
06-13-2017, 11:14 PM
The wording of the new Pokemon Switch game is really vague, it could mean many things and even a spin-off like Pokemon Colosseum/XD which were "core RPGs" if you think about it and not mainline.

Now, I do think these will be mainline games and which it is pretty much depends on the release date, he mentioned the game would come out in over a year. So if we go by that a "late 2018" game then yes I do think the rumored "Stars" or "eclipse" will happen. If it's released in late 2019 then yes I think it would be Generation 8.

Well there's still at least two more Kirby games coming out this year for it (the expansion of the 3D mini-game from Robobot plus one that has pretty much no info and honestly I expected to see here today). New N3DS is also getting Fire Emblem Warriors, and I'm sure you heard about Ultra Sun/Moon.

I felt the complete opposite. The only interesting things they showed are also on other platforms.

Kirby games are always done at the end of a consoles life or to pad out releases, he's not really considered AAA but his an indispensable asset to Nintendo since his games sell decently enough and they can crank them out I didn't know Fire Emblem Heroes was coming out on 3DS and Ultra Sun/Moon are basically enhanced versions of last years games. Since that post we saw Metroid Samus Returns and M&L Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions which both are remakes...I don't see how that's great signs of the consoles life, they're doing the bare minimum to be able to say that it's still alive, but we won't see another original Mario/Zelda in it, Sun and Moon really were the last big original game it'll ever have, at least I think.

I'm fine with the stuff for X-Box being in other platforms since I don't have an X-Box and don't plan on getting one :lol: But I do think they had a very solid conference that the others lacked.

Cure
06-13-2017, 11:31 PM
Are you people retarded? In what world is "core Pokemon title" vague? Core and spin off are opposites. I can't believe I even need to explain this. ****ing Twilight Zone in here.

sdp
06-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Because, marketing.

Turo602
06-13-2017, 11:38 PM
I'm so f*ckin excited for Metroid! Praise Reggie! Metroid on 3DS is long overdue and it's exactly what I've wanted. Probably the biggest surprise for me this whole E3. I'm glad Nintendo shut down AM2R with the intention of actually doing one themselves and not just to be dicks.

Overall, I thought this E3 was pretty tame. I'm definitely disappointed that a lot of the games I wanted to see were absent and most of what interested me had already been revealed before. While it was nice seeing more, I expected more surprises from E3. Not trying to downplay how strong a lot of the showings were, because I'm very much interested in a lot of the games I saw, but none of it was really anything I'd lose my sh*t over. Aside from Metroid and The Evil Within 2 of course.

Cure
06-13-2017, 11:42 PM
Because, marketing.

OK. Show me one example of a marketing campaign that used the word "core" to explain something not-core. Show me the precedent to back your line of thinking.

Ninjinister
06-13-2017, 11:58 PM
Kirby games are always done at the end of a consoles life or to pad out releases, he's not really considered AAA but his an indispensable asset to Nintendo since his games sell decently enough and they can crank them out I didn't know Fire Emblem Heroes was coming out on 3DS and Ultra Sun/Moon are basically enhanced versions of last years games. Since that post we saw Metroid Samus Returns and M&L Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions which both are remakes...I don't see how that's great signs of the consoles life, they're doing the bare minimum to be able to say that it's still alive, but we won't see another original Mario/Zelda in it, Sun and Moon really were the last big original game it'll ever have, at least I think.

There's a massive difference between EoL and dead. Dead is Wii U and Vita. They are receiving zero first party support in the way of games, and almost nothing in third except indie titles that take nothing more than a stability check from them. Nintendo is still supporting 3DS with a handful of titles as noted and it doesn't matter if they're remakes or ports or what... they're still supporting it. The Metroid remake is even getting Amiibos.

And there was nothing ambiguous with the wording of the Switch title. Literally everybody except you puppies understood what it meant.

snake
06-14-2017, 01:27 AM
Why is a core pokemon game on a console so hard for people to understand when the Switch is portable? It works.

sdp
06-14-2017, 01:14 PM
I do believe it's going to be a "mainline" Pokemon game, I'm just saying until we see what it is we don't really know for sure what it will be. As I mentioned depending on release date would confirm if it's Gen 7 or 8 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an RPG but not a mainline game.

Let's not forget that the only time something similar happened was during the beginning of the DS' life and it was selling poorly in which they stepped in and mentioned the next generation of Pokemon games would not be for game boy but for the DS. Most people forget the super long"Road to Diamond and Pearl" that we had before they ever showed anything from it.

OK. Show me one example of a marketing campaign that used the word "core" to explain something not-core. Show me the precedent to back your line of thinking.

Can you show me an example where Nintendo or The Pokemon Company used the term "core".

I do remember specifically that Colosseum was marketed as a console RPG Pokemon game which was true but it wasn't a mainline game, they even did the whole "you visit a new region", "you will see new shadow Pokemon" etc. People were fairly upset when it ended up being Stadium with a quasi-RPG game, which btw I liked.

Companies use vague terms to get people excited or dismiss a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole announcement was only made after the backlash that they received after Ultra Sun/Moon were announced, Nintendo did the same thing in a previous E3 were they blew it and later had to reveal that they were working on Zelda during an interview or meeting with Miyamoto which eventually became Skyward Sword.

There's a massive difference between EoL and dead. Dead is Wii U and Vita. They are receiving zero first party support in the way of games, and almost nothing in third except indie titles that take nothing more than a stability check from them. Nintendo is still supporting 3DS with a handful of titles as noted and it doesn't matter if they're remakes or ports or what... they're still supporting it. The Metroid remake is even getting Amiibos.

Amiibos were made for the Wii U and that was pretty much dead, because they sold regardless of what they were meant for.

You're right the 3DS isn't officially dead, but Nintendo has tried to market it as if it still were a relevant system where it's pretty much been at the "end of life" for a while now, Sun and Moon were the last big hoorah it'll ever get. There is indeed a difference in the type of support it gets, and Wii / Wii U ports and remakes shows that they don't really have much intention than to please the current fanbase.

If they really wanted to keep the 3DS alive we would've seen some big announcements for 3DS or new 3DS exclusive/enhanced games, especially with the new 2DS coming out.

Cure
06-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Can you show me an example where Nintendo or The Pokemon Company used the term "core".

Right, what I thought. What a dumb and awful counter argument. Anyway, I'm out. People like you are the worst to talk to.

sdp
06-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Throwing a fit and saying "you're out" doesn't make you right you know. I think I explained pretty well in my posts what I meant and you chose to ignore. And yeah I can't there's no example because I can't find any example where a "core" game being used by either Nintendo or GameFreak/TPC, they don't use these terms like this but obviously I'm "retarded" for suggesting that it could be ambiguous.

CyberCubed
06-14-2017, 05:41 PM
Well now that E3 is over, games I'm looking forward to:

Switch/3DS games:

Mario Odyssey
ARMS
Mario/Rabbids (maybe if it gets good reviews)
Metroid II remake
Metroid Prime 4
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga remake for 3DS
Hey, Pikmin

PS4 games:

Uncharted: Lost Legacy
God of War
Spiderman
Days Gone
The Evil Within 2
Crash Bandicoot remaster
Shadow of the Collossus remake

Games in the "maybe" pile that I might get if they get good reviews or I have spare time to play them:

Star Wars Battlefront 2
Assassin's Creed Origins
Wolfenstein

And...that's it for the time being. I might wind up getting all these eventually anyway due to sales.

Ninjinister
06-14-2017, 07:14 PM
Throwing a fit and saying "you're out" doesn't make you right you know. I think I explained pretty well in my posts what I meant and you chose to ignore. And yeah I can't there's no example because I can't find any example where a "core" game being used by either Nintendo or GameFreak/TPC, they don't use these terms like this but obviously I'm "retarded" for suggesting that it could be ambiguous.

No, if anything, it's because you don't understand the basic concept of word definitions.

In the next Nintendo Direct, Reggie is going to say "juxtaposition" and you'll pretend the meaning is ambiguous because you've never heard him say it before.

The meaning of what he said is pretty cut-and-dry and nobody else is questioning what he meant.

TigerClaw
06-14-2017, 08:09 PM
I was amused when I found out there's a character in ARMS name Ninjara, a TMNT character from the Archie Comics was also name Ninjara, heheh.

Ninjinister
06-16-2017, 02:13 AM
I can't there's no example because I can't find any example where a "core" game being used by either Nintendo or GameFreak/TPC.

I'm actually wondering if you tried, at this point. It took me probably 20 seconds or less to find the first example:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/02/16/pokemons-master-speaks
IGN: Why have you never made a Pokemon game for Nintendo's home consoles? Would you consider doing a Game Freak main-series Pokemon game on the Wii?

Junichi Masuda: I don't think so. I think the Pokemon core series is always going to be with handheld hardware, in the future as well

https://web.archive.org/web/20131008075239/http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_pokemonxy_gf_interview-2013-10-04/
There have been a lot of Pokémon games that have shown the Pokémon in 3D, but they represent a different visual style. With regard to how they appear in the core games, we pay attention to the 2D thickness of the character outlines and the shading, for example, to make it appear more like Mr. Sugimori’s art. We think this attracts all kinds of players.

https://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/pokemonxy/0/1
Iwata: But until now, the core series titles have been colors, like Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, or gems like Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version

Cure
06-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Daaaaaamn, son.

sdp
06-16-2017, 03:16 PM
Well there's that. :lol:

CyberCubed
06-16-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm willing to bet the Pokemon game for Switch just looks slightly better than the 3DS games in HD, but that's about it. It's pretty laughable some people think we'll get a Gamefreak pokemon game that looks like Breath of the Wild with gorgeous graphics and a huge open world.

Yeeah...no. It'll be exactly the same as the handheld games with small areas and regions and look slightly better than a 3DS game.

Cure
06-16-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm willing to bet the Pokemon game for Switch just looks slightly better than the 3DS games in HD, but that's about it. It's pretty laughable some people think we'll get a Gamefreak pokemon game that looks like Breath of the Wild with gorgeous graphics and a huge open world.

Yeeah...no. It'll be exactly the same as the handheld games with small areas and regions and look slightly better than a 3DS game.

Who cares? It'll still be dope.

sdp
06-17-2017, 09:16 AM
Well we don't know what we're getting if all the speculation that Sun and Moon was made to be scaled up and all the rumors of the Stars/Eclipse version are true then yeah it'll just be a console version of S/M but if it's indeed a brand new generation we don't know what to expect.

I highly doubt we'll get a huge open world but who knows, I also remember being shocked when XY was 3D, after the DS games I really thought they would always stick with the 2D look one way or another. I do think if it's a Gen 8 game then they will surprise us but it's best to keep expectations low, still we won't be hearing news about the game for a long while, we still don't know anything about USUM and those come out in less than 6 months.

CyberCubed
06-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Sony really were a godsend to the industry. It amazes me how many of their exclusives and franchises turn out consistently good and how many new IP's they continually push forward. I used to be a Nintendo-only gamer till around 2007 or so when I got a PS3 and then went backwards picking up all the PS2 games I missed, and I'd never been happier.

Plus the majority of third party games always come out on PS4 too, so you get virtually everything besides a small handful of Microsoft exclusives.

sdp
06-17-2017, 02:32 PM
I was Nintendo only until PS2, I had always envied all the games the PS1 had and when I was 13 I considered myself a "hardcore" gamer so of course I needed to have a Playstation, but not X-Box because it SUX. And I got to enjoy all of the PS1 and PS2 catalog until I fell off of gaming.

I almost bought a PS3 and maybe I should've but oh well, missed opportunity I'm not really interested in it now. And since my PC can run pretty much anything and most AAA games come out on Steam, all I really need is a Nintendo console. I can live without Sony exclusives, the only two that I really love and miss are the Twisted Metal and ICO/SOTC series but I can't justify a console for only those.

Maybe it's because I was a kid but regardless of how good the PS2 era was with quality games, I think the PS1 era had the best selection. Since it was cheap anyone could make games for it and there's tons of stuff if you can put up with loading and graphics.

The Deadman
06-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Devolver loses $100K on banned E3 festival (https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/15/15806452/devolver-loses-100k-on-banned-e3-festival)

CyberCubed
06-17-2017, 06:39 PM
The only real problem is almost every game shown was a 2018 game. There's really not that much coming this Fall in terms of big games.

The only big stuff I can think of outside of Nintendo games like Mario, is basically Star Wars Battlefront II, Assassin's Creed, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein, and Destiny 2. And if you don't care or are bored of online shooters, or Assassin's Creed formula, there's not much else.

Cure
06-17-2017, 06:41 PM
I have everything because I need to play errthang.

CyberCubed
06-17-2017, 07:36 PM
In terms of Nintendo there's a lot of 3DS games coming up, I thought I was done with 3DS but guess not. Hey, Pikmin actually looks like a good 2D platformer, and Metroid II remake will be great.

I also might get the Mario and Luigi remake too, but I actually like the GBA sprites better than the 3DS engine they used for Dream Team and Paper Jam.

Powder
06-17-2017, 08:23 PM
3DS has such a nice library & overall vibe, so I'm glad they're continuing to support it. Really love that little thing. :)

Ninjinister
06-17-2017, 08:39 PM
Devolver loses $100K on banned E3 festival (https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/15/15806452/devolver-loses-100k-on-banned-e3-festival)

Holy $#!+ the cajones on those guys. Their response makes it seem like they think everybody's out to get them, but it really seems like they just didn't do their homework.

Are they even a known name? Like the name's not familiar so I googled them and they like... published some indie titles I've heard of (but nothing i've ever played) but it still seems like they have a much bigger ego than they're worth.

Powder
06-17-2017, 09:12 PM
I agree, though I'm only going by that article there.

I'd recommend the hell out of their game Broforce, though. :tlol:

Ninjinister
06-17-2017, 09:14 PM
I agree, though I'm only going by that article there.

I'd recommend the hell out of their game Broforce, though. :tlol:

I did a little digging and found out which Mike Wilson (https://www.giantbomb.com/mike-wilson/3040-7434/) it is that runs it. Told me everything I needed to know lol. I remember him being a bit of a nut.

Redeemer
06-17-2017, 11:56 PM
I was Nintendo only until PS2, I had always envied all the games the PS1 had and when I was 13 I considered myself a "hardcore" gamer so of course I needed to have a Playstation, but not X-Box because it SUX. And I got to enjoy all of the PS1 and PS2 catalog until I fell off of gaming.

The first xbox did not have the best game library, but the xbox brought online gaming to most household and really stepped up the quality in online gaming. PS2, SegaDreamcast, N64, and PC gaming all had online gaming to some degree, but the Xbox is what really made online gaming and it did have Halo 1 and 2 of course :lol:

CyberCubed
06-18-2017, 05:27 PM
There's also a lot great DLC to look forward to, especially now that some companies are releasing DLC as a full game. Uncharted with Chloe/Nadine, Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC, the new Dishonored 2 DLC they announced, and the Horizon: Zero Dawn DLC. Plus there's still new Resident Evil 7 DLC coming, the "Not a Hero" free DLC never came out.

Sometimes I forget about DLC or it isn't worth it, but lately it seems like companies are stepping up their game making it worth the money.