PDA

View Full Version : SDCC Exclusive Pop Funko 80's Baxter Stockman

Autbot_Benz
06-12-2017, 01:11 PM
https://funko.com/blogs/news/sdcc-2017-exclusives-wave-4-cartoons

http://i.imgur.com/vhXm26r.jpg

Coro
06-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Well crap...where can I get this without paying $50?

Powder
06-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Oh God, I actually want it.

Shogun26
06-12-2017, 08:30 PM
This is prob the only funko pop that id be willing to buy..

TurtleWA
06-12-2017, 09:03 PM

Took the words right out my mouth. I have yet to buy any of these. I finally see one that could get me to pull the trigger and it's a pricey exclusive. :roll:

Optimus Primer
06-12-2017, 09:10 PM
I already have Don, Shredder, and Casey, but Baxter looks great. I hope he gets released later on for normal price, since that happened for some of last year's Funko exclusives.

DestronMirage22
06-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Looks good, but I still wouldn't buy any of these when my hard earned money could go towards some actual figures. But I understand that there people into these kinds of things so as long as they keep giving people what they want, I say keep on making them Funko.

Ninjinister
06-13-2017, 12:59 AM
If I were them I'd've released regular 80's Baxter to retail and then the exclusive would be painted like his action figure.

lilmotto
06-13-2017, 09:43 AM
This is a shared exclusive which means it will be available at a store as well. So it will be available at SDCC and an unnamed store such as Hot Topic, Barnes and Noble etc.

SilverNinja
06-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Yes, Hot Topic should totally have these both online and in their store. When it comes to SDCC exclusives, sometimes it won't be a large amount and other times...more than enough. I've purchased a bunch of the Funko POP SDCC exclusives from Hot Topic in the past.

LuckyLadybug
06-14-2017, 05:42 AM
Wow. In fly form he actually looks pretty good as a Funko. Always happy to see 87 Baxter get some merchandise representation. :)

Slightly surprised to see their design chose to give him a belly; I always felt that rumple was just the sweater bunching up, even though I've seen some fan artists who feel otherwise.

Coro
06-14-2017, 08:31 AM

Took the words right out my mouth. I have yet to buy any of these. I finally see one that could get me to pull the trigger and it's a pricey exclusive. :roll:

I already have Don, Shredder, and Casey, but Baxter looks great. I hope he gets released later on for normal price, since that happened for some of last year's Funko exclusives.

I picked up the Turtles when Casey came out, and this Baxter is pretty awesome. I really liked the Casey and this, which made me reluctantly jump in on the turtles. I really want this but not for 100 or some crazy crap.

Powder
06-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Slightly surprised to see their design chose to give him a belly; I always felt that rumple was just the sweater bunching up, even though I've seen some fan artists who feel otherwise.

That is the sweater bunching up.

CyberCubed
06-14-2017, 04:29 PM
This looks way better than any of the other Funko pops, wow.

cloud
06-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Hopefully this shows up at Hot Topic

SS Kakarot
06-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Anyone have an idea when he might pop up on the Hot Topic website, what he would cost there, and if they ship outside the US?

Prices on eBay seem crazy right now (near $100).

Optimus Primer
06-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Anyone have an idea when he might pop up on the Hot Topic website, what he would cost there, and if they ship outside the US?

He would cost $10 US, going off of other Pops on the Hot Topic website. As for shipping, it says this on the website.

"Hot Topic ships to all 50 states, APO/FPO addresses, U.S. territories and possessions and over 150+ countries. We do not ship to P.O. Boxes."

So I assume it would ship to the Netherlands.

snake
06-20-2017, 09:32 PM
The best Funko Pops are the ones that look nothing like Funko Pops.

clockstomper
06-21-2017, 12:04 AM
I've never been into these dolls with the big heads. Never got why they were so popular. But DAMN, that is probably the best representation of FW Baxter we've ever gotten.

SS Kakarot
06-21-2017, 01:32 AM
He would cost $10 US, going off of other Pops on the Hot Topic website. As for shipping, it says this on the website.

"Hot Topic ships to all 50 states, APO/FPO addresses, U.S. territories and possessions and over 150+ countries. We do not ship to P.O. Boxes."

So I assume it would ship to the Netherlands.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on it! :D
Let's hope he does end up at Hot Topic, Funko should announce more details during the week of SDCC.

Pterobat
06-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Well, dammit.

:D :ohwell: :cry:

I'm agnostic about Funkos, but I think this is a better sculpt than most of them. I'll have to find some way to get it without killing my bank account.

cloud
06-23-2017, 01:58 PM
I don't like FUnko Pops and still don't get them but some sculpts are winning me over.
I collect the Dragonball series and I got the Sharknado one because it's just hilarious.
Casey Jones Pop was really cool and so is this BaxterFly.

SilverNinja
06-23-2017, 02:27 PM

SDCC POPs are always $12.50 from my previous experiences.

SS Kakarot
06-23-2017, 03:29 PM
Last year Funko announced where some of their SDCC exclusives would be sold, a day before the convention started, on their Blog: https://funko.com/blogs/news/shared-sdcc-2016-exclusives

Looking at last year's list, I guess Baxter could end up at any store, if anywhere besides SDCC. :cry:

Btown
06-23-2017, 05:38 PM
Not everything last year was put out but a majority. They keep some straight exclusive to the show. I am however hoping this one ends up at some store. It's the only Pop I want this year.

Donatello19
06-23-2017, 07:54 PM
I used to be a huge collector of these things, but I've recently stopped and even moved my entire collection into storage. I just realized that most of them are really lazily designed, tacky looking figures that had very minimal effort put into making them. Some of the sculpts are good, but for the most part I'm not a fan of these anymore, I honestly think they're a waste of money...unless there's one of character that never gets merchandise, like in this case.

SS Kakarot
07-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Funko will post a list of retailers on July 19th: https://funko.com/blogs/news/sdcc-2017-everything-you-need-to-know

Let's hope Baxter will end up somewhere good, or that at least the prices on eBay will go down! :cry:

joefsas
07-14-2017, 05:03 AM
We got Leatherhead on his way too!!!
https://toywiz.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-funko-pop-tv-leatherhead-vinyl-figure-543/

BoggleKng
07-14-2017, 05:10 AM
Ol' Leatherhead doesn't look half bad either. I dig the crawfish..

funksk8er
07-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Looks like he will be a Walmart exclusive!

https://funko.com/pages/sdcc2017

lilmotto
07-19-2017, 09:29 AM
Looks like he will be a Walmart exclusive!

https://funko.com/pages/sdcc2017

Dang. Those can be hard to get. Here is hoping we can get him.

DonatelloFan1984
07-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Does anyone know if these will be put out tomorrow then? Or is it just a wait and see when they finally get them?

Optimus Primer
07-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Does anyone know if these will be put out tomorrow then? Or is it just a wait and see when they finally get them?

I imagine these'll probably start shipping in August.

DonatelloFan1984
07-19-2017, 04:25 PM
I imagine these'll probably start shipping in August.

That's really unfortunate. I just confirmed with both Barnes and noble and GameStop locally that they will have theirs first thing tomorrow morning and they already have them in the back ready to go.

lilmotto
07-20-2017, 07:49 AM
I guess there is a glow in the dark baxter that is only available at the nickelodeon booth it is pretty limited as well

drag0nfeathers
07-20-2017, 01:39 PM
They don't seem to be on Wal-Mart's website at this point even though it's the 20th. Guess i just have to be patient and hope they drop in price after the con is over.

Coro
07-20-2017, 01:41 PM
They don't seem to be on Wal-Mart's website at this point even though it's the 20th. Guess i just have to be patient and hope they drop in price after the con is over.

They havent gone active yet from what others have said.

Optimus Primer
07-20-2017, 01:43 PM
That's really unfortunate. I just confirmed with both Barnes and noble and GameStop locally that they will have theirs first thing tomorrow morning and they already have them in the back ready to go.

I was wrong. I guess these shipped yesterday/today, just like B&N and GameStop. Sorry for the confusion.

Was he ever available? I don't think he was ever listed. From what I know, Funko's exclusives go up throughout the day.

TMNTFanatic4Life
07-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Probably best to check your local Walmarts to see if the Baxter Stockman pop is there or not. The one exclusive Pop I wanted and got is the Wonder Woman movie Ares. I checked Toysrus.com earlier and it wasn't listed there so I went to the store and found 6 of them...and it's still not on their website even though it's their exclusive. Anyways, it only cost me 10.55, tax included, so clearly these are much cheaper if you can find them in their exclusive stores than paying the really high prices on Ebay.

Optimus Primer
07-20-2017, 02:11 PM
Probably best to check your local Walmarts to see if the Baxter Stockman pop is there or not. The one exclusive Pop I wanted and got is the Wonder Woman movie Ares. I checked Toysrus.com earlier and it wasn't listed there so I went to the store and found 6 of them...and it's still not on their website even though it's their exclusive. Anyways, it only cost me 10.55, tax included, so clearly these are much cheaper if you can find them in their exclusive stores than paying the really high prices on Ebay.

Problem is, Baxter is online only.

TMNTFanatic4Life
07-20-2017, 02:13 PM
Problem is, Baxter is online only.

Oh...I didn't know that, lol. I guess that's what I get for not reading every detail. :tlol:

drag0nfeathers
07-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Yea, When it said they were going live on the 20th I assumed that the sister exclusive site, Walmart, Gamestop, etc. would start selling them on that day. Walmart is always late on stuff though... I guess maybe after the con they may make an appearance on the site. Sucks they're online only.

DonatelloFan1984
07-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Yea, When it said they were going live on the 20th I assumed that the sister exclusive site, Walmart, Gamestop, etc. would start selling them on that day. Walmart is always late on stuff though... I guess maybe after the con they may make an appearance on the site. Sucks they're online only.

Multiple funko collectors have called into Walmart's online customer service and they have zero answers as to why aquaman is up but Baxter and the other 2 are not. Baxter hasn't gone live and you haven't missed him so take heart he will be coming we just don't know when. I have been refreshing every 5 minutes for almost the past 24 hours. Even had my wife drive me to gamestop and barnes and noble earlier so I could get my other pops and so I wouldn't miss Baxter if he did pop up on the website. I have 5 down Walmarts in a 20 mile radius and none of them got them in. I also had family members in other smaller towns check their walmarts and nothing so I am going to assume that funko's website is correct in saying that these are online only.

zodach
07-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Baxter is available from Walmart now:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/POP-Television-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Baxter-Stockman-Summer-Convention-Exclusive/307233025

beardcore84
07-21-2017, 11:57 AM
aaaaand he's sold out. I got mine, hope you all did as well!

Coro
07-21-2017, 12:03 PM
This is crap!

Optimus Primer
07-21-2017, 12:22 PM
aaaaand he's sold out. I got mine, hope you all did as well!

What??! How many did they put in stock!!?? Don't they realize the demand? Funko should just sell them in-store at Hot Topic. :tgrumble::tmad:

DonatelloFan1984
07-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Took less than 8 minutes and half of the time was people not realizing it was up. Snagged one but I have been refreshing non stop since all these pops started going live a day and a half ago.

Powder
07-21-2017, 12:39 PM
What??! How many did they put in stock!!?? Don't they realize the demand? Funko should just sell them in-store at Hot Topic. :tgrumble::tmad:

Scalpers are the problem, not the companies producing/selling.

Unless of course they don't put a limit on these, in which case they are somewhat at fault for not taking scalper prevention into consideration. But who can blame them? We're talking about Wal-mart, here. They're just out to make a return on their investment.

Optimus Primer
07-21-2017, 12:51 PM
Scalpers are the problem, not the companies producing/selling.

Unless of course they don't put a limit on these, in which case they are somewhat at fault for not taking scalper prevention into consideration. But who can blame them? We're talking about Wal-mart, here. They're just out to make a return on their investment.

There is no limit. On the Funko sub-reddit, some guy bought six to ensure "a mint box". :trolleye:

DonatelloFan1984
07-21-2017, 12:53 PM
There is no limit. On the Funko sub-reddit, some guy bought six to ensure "a mint box". :trolleye:

It came back up again and was gone in a flash before I could even post.

wpugh2424
07-21-2017, 01:25 PM
Sob resellers

SilverNinja
07-21-2017, 01:31 PM
I missed out because I had forgotten my stupid login and after I got everything squared away...it was gone and removed from my cart. In all honesty, it was probably for the best because I've been trying to cut down on Funko POPs. However he is pretty cool and I hope many of the actual fans managed to score one before they were completely sold out. I did put in for an e-mail notification in the off chance it gets replenished, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pretty bummed this one didn't get a Hot Topic release because I've been successful with them both online and in store when it comes to SDCC releases.

Coro
07-21-2017, 01:40 PM
This is BS...talk about a company I hate. Walmart and playmates are waaaaay up there

tmntfannumerouno
07-21-2017, 01:42 PM
This is BS...talk about a company I hate. Walmart and playmates are waaaaay up there

and Mcdonalds I WANT MY MCRIB BITCH

Coro
07-21-2017, 01:44 PM

Sechuan sauce for my nuggets!

DonatelloFan1984
07-21-2017, 01:47 PM

Thanks a lot. Now I want a mcrib.

Just a heads up Funko has been marking which exclusives are sold out almost as soon as they are gone. They have yet to mark Baxter as sold out and the funko site still links to the Walmart listing

Coro
07-21-2017, 02:46 PM
I subscribed to this thread please post here asap if it goes up. I'll grab as many as I can and sell for 15 to dromers

wpugh2424
07-21-2017, 03:37 PM
I subscribed to this thread please post here asap if it goes up. I'll grab as many as I can and sell for 15 to dromers

We're u able to get any ?
They were just up and I missed

drag0nfeathers
07-24-2017, 03:34 PM
Sechuan sauce for my nuggets!

This is complete crap, but your post just made me smile so thanks Coro!

Still pissed I missed Baxter. I have been checking a couple times a day every day and still managed to miss it. I freaking hate Walmart enough as it is, but between this and Playmates sticking it to us with the SDCC Usagi I'm pretty annoyed.

If I happen to see him come back in stock I'll update the thread as well.

drag0nfeathers
07-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Oh crap! He's in stock! GET EM QUICK! I literally looked 2 minutes ago and he was sold out, but it just refreshed.

EDIT: and it's out again... Geeze they need to get their act together. I THINK I got one... my order went through okay for an in store pick up, but we'll see what happens.

There is an in stock notification button on the page so I'd click that and see if walmart emails you once they are back again.

Optimus Primer
07-24-2017, 04:04 PM
Oh crap! He's in stock! GET EM QUICK! I literally looked 2 minutes ago and he was sold out, but it just refreshed.

EDIT: and it's out again... Geeze they need to get their act together. I THINK I got one... my order went through okay for an in store pick up, but we'll see what happens.

There is an in stock notification button on the page so I'd click that and see if walmart emails you once they are back again.

Nice find! Please update us if/when you get him! :tgrin:

drag0nfeathers
07-24-2017, 04:12 PM
I got 2 of them (just cause I was thinking there was a good chance I got a damaged box one) If I get them both and they're both in good shape I'll sell one off to a dromer for cost.

wpugh2424
07-24-2017, 04:30 PM
Complete donkey balls bs
I want the fly so bad
I have checked so much and missed every time

Btown
07-25-2017, 11:09 PM
i gave up and bought the glow in the dark version off ebay. really like the glowing on it over the standard

wpugh2424
07-26-2017, 07:32 AM
Effin a
Missed again

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-26-2017, 08:21 AM
I don't see why people are having such a problem getting this.

DonatelloFan1984
07-26-2017, 11:12 AM
He was just up again. Usually he comes up and goes out of stock multiple times when they do put him up so I would be refreshing for the next half hour if you are still looking for one.

EddieNES
07-26-2017, 11:41 AM
He was just up again. Usually he comes up and goes out of stock multiple times when they do put him up so I would be refreshing for the next half hour if you are still looking for one.

Good call. I just snagged one.

DonatelloFan1984
07-26-2017, 12:16 PM
Good call. I just snagged one.

Glad I was able to help and that you were able to snag one!

DonatelloFan1984
07-26-2017, 02:18 PM
He is up again!!

Last time I will update on his status today and sorry for the double posts. Trying to help out the remaining dromers who are trying to snag one.

drag0nfeathers
07-26-2017, 04:19 PM
My order shipped for mine and I got two of them. If they both arrive in good shape I'll sell one to whoever still needs it for what I paid.

MrPliggins
07-26-2017, 07:14 PM
It showed up for a second last night at like 140 am, added it to my cart, but I had to sign up to wal mart. Of course by the time I did that it was sold out.

DonatelloFan1984
07-26-2017, 07:18 PM
It showed up for a second last night at like 140 am, added it to my cart, but I had to sign up to wal mart. Of course by the time I did that it was sold out.

He has been up on and off all day. Usually when they put him up he will sell out and they will restock him again two or three times over the next half hour before not listing him again for 6 or 7 hours.

MrPliggins
07-26-2017, 07:22 PM
:eek:That's a lot of time to sit at my computer. If I happen to see it available, I'll get one. If not, oh well, no cool Baxter for my desk!

Btown
07-26-2017, 07:49 PM
anyone hear how many of the GITD ones were done? I was hearing 350.

wpugh2424
07-26-2017, 08:57 PM
I'm still looking for one

DonatelloFan1984
07-26-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm still looking for one

He's up now! Go!

MrPliggins
07-26-2017, 09:52 PM
Just got one :)

wpugh2424
07-26-2017, 09:52 PM
I was too late. Put it in my cart
Then sold out
M effin donkey nuts, I can't win

Coro
07-26-2017, 10:22 PM
I missed AGAIN!

DANG IT!

DonatelloFan1984
07-26-2017, 10:36 PM
Just got one :)

Glad I could help. They have been restocking him a lot today and am hoping everyone here that's looking for him can actually snag one instead of paying ebay prices.

Btown
07-27-2017, 01:21 AM
just checked and hes back up. didnt purchase but i was able to add to cart.

Coro
07-27-2017, 07:33 AM
OK I will literally be constantly refreshing this page today....I am going to get one of these damnit!

On the plus side eBay is down to $30.

deadsy333
07-27-2017, 07:58 AM
just got 1, tried earlier and it kicked it out because of login. after i logged in it kept it in my cart. next time it popped up i snagged it.

Coro
07-27-2017, 08:02 AM
They are up! I grabbed 4. I WILL get a mint one.

GO GO GO1!

DonatelloFan1984
07-27-2017, 08:09 AM

GO GO GO1!

They are up again!
Glad you ended up snagging some Coro. All the other exclusive walmart ones have stayed in stock. Don't know why they keep pulling Baxter and then putting him back up. It's been a lot of the same people buying him everytime he goes up from what I am reading on Reddit. They are bragging about how they can control the prices on eBay that way.

Coro
07-27-2017, 08:13 AM
They are up again!
Glad you ended up snagging some Coro. All the other exclusive walmart ones have stayed in stock. Don't know why they keep pulling Baxter and then putting him back up. It's been a lot of the same people buying him everytime he goes up from what I am reading on Reddit. They are bragging about how they can control the prices on eBay that way.

Thanks! Once I have my choice mint one, I will sell the remainders at 20 shipped in case anyone misses out. Thats pretty much retail if you account for 3-4 shipping.

wpugh2424
07-27-2017, 09:06 AM
Finally got one

Optimus Primer
07-27-2017, 10:21 AM
Finally got one

GO GO GO1!

YEAH!! Glad you guys got them. I just got one on eBay (It was only 2 bucks more than Walmart's price after shipping).

Optimus Primer
07-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Sorry for the double post, but Baxter has been up for a while. Anyone who still wants him, GO NOW!

drag0nfeathers
07-27-2017, 02:58 PM
I got mine and i have an extra if someone wants it. The box isnt perfect but its not bad. There is a pressure crease on the back like somebody picked it up and squeezed the box a bit too hard but from the front, top, bottom and sides it looks good. I did an online pick up and got them up at the store so my it's just walmart retail plus shipping if anyone is interested just pm me.

Edit - sold

Btown
07-29-2017, 01:58 AM
Cant wait till this deployment is over and I can see this in person

http://i.imgur.com/LDx8A0sl.jpg