PDA

View Full Version : Stump International Wrestling

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-12-2017, 03:23 PM
In the Archie TMNT Adventures comics, there's a story called "The Good, the Bad and the Tattooed" where the turtles fight sumo-wrestling matchfixing in Japan.

In it, there's "Stump International Wrestling". I recall thinking: "-Can this really have somethingwith Stump Intergalactic Wrestling on the Stump's Asteroid? Do Stump and Sling really hire Earth-humans to run a sumo-wrestling tournament on Earth?

It seems so when reading this:

http://tmntentity.blogspot.se/2011/03/tmnt-adventures-32.html

oldmanwinters
06-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Donald J. Stump had a very diverse business model, I'm sure.

neatoman
06-13-2017, 08:37 AM
Donald J. Stump had a very diverse business model, I'm sure.

Make Dimension X great again.

06-13-2017, 02:47 PM
So he's inspired by Donald Trump (as a businessman)?

neatoman
06-13-2017, 02:55 PM
So he's inspired by Donald Trump (as a businessman)?

Well, it all goes back to Dimension X War II, and atrocities that happened on Neutrino called the Rape of Don Sling.

In all seriousness, Yes. Stump and Sling are references to Donald Trump and Don King.

06-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Don King.

Are you talking of this person:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_King_(boxing_promoter)

neatoman
06-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Are you talking of this person:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_King_(boxing_promoter)

Yes, I am.

Jester
06-13-2017, 04:03 PM
This is gonna make the voice in my head when I read Archie change quite a bit...

oldmanwinters
06-13-2017, 06:26 PM
This is gonna make the voice in my head when I read Archie change quite a bit...

Sad. :tcool:

Yeah, it was only recently that I came to understand the parody, all because I was wondering if Sling was gonna be in the upcoming IDW arc and then I started asking, Stump is a stump but what's a sling got to do with plants and why does he have a mustache?

I don't know that the resemblance is as clear with Stump but he's clearly the businessman and Sling is the promoter, so it works. Krang is a nasty warlord.

MikeandRaph87
06-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Sad. :tcool:

Yeah, it was only recently that I came to understand the parody, all because I was wondering if Sling was gonna be in the upcoming IDW arc and then I started asking, Stump is a stump but what's a sling got to do with plants and why does he have a mustache?

I don't know that the resemblance is as clear with Stump but he's clearly the businessman and Sling is the promoter, so it works. Krang is a nasty warlord.

Do we have confirmation of the parody pf Donald Trump and Don King?

oldmanwinters
06-13-2017, 07:37 PM

Only internet wikis created by fans. I've never seen a citation or an interview that confirms it 100%.

06-14-2017, 06:17 AM

It's definately Stump who runs the company, the asteroid is even named after him.

Tetsu Deinonychus
06-14-2017, 11:25 AM
I think it was mentioned in the letter page in one issue. I'll scan and post it when I get a chance.

06-14-2017, 12:03 PM
I had not idea about them back then.

MikeandRaph87
06-14-2017, 12:04 PM
I think it was mentioned in the letter page in one issue. I'll scan and post it when I get a chance.

Thanks and thanks to you too,Winters. I know in a digital platform it can read like one is calling another out, but I am legitimately curious and want a new confirmed TMNT fun fact to absorb.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
06-18-2017, 03:02 PM

Murphy does in fact confirm it, although subtly.

oldmanwinters
06-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Murphy does in fact confirm it, although subtly.

What issue was that?

Tetsu Deinonychus
07-26-2017, 12:09 PM
Well, my scanner isn't working, but here's an exact transcription of the letter (from TMNTA #19)

Turtle Tracks,
I am 13 years old and think that TMNT Adventures is the best comic around (after the regular b&w TMNTs, that is). I have a few questions, though.

1) The TMNTs have different colored masks in "Adventures" as opposed to all red in the original comics ... is that to help identify them??

2) Is Stump supposed to be a parody of Donald you-know-who?

Todd Munsun
Grand Rapids, MI

Yes to both your questions, Todd. (And Sling is a parody of another famous Donald ...)

oldmanwinters
07-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Well, my scanner isn't working, but here's an exact transcription of the letter (from TMNTA #19)

Ha, a 13-year-old was smart enough to figure it out way back when! Thanks, TD!

Andrew NDB
07-26-2017, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I was barely, barely even passingly aware of who Donald Trump was at that age (i.e., the Home Alone guy, or the guy on the covers of the tabloids at the grocery store) but I never gave it a second thought that Stump was Trump. It's not even worth asking.

Utrommaniac
07-27-2017, 12:14 AM
Ohh boy, the Stump appearance in the Dimension X mini is going to be interesting :lol: .

But yeah, I just kind of knew him as the guy who fired people on TV...