PDA

View Full Version : Tom Holland confirms an MCU Spider-Man 3

Andrew NDB
06-13-2017, 01:06 PM
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/tom-holland-confirms-spider-man-3

Looks like nothing really to worry about. Only the uncertainties about what exactly the long term plan is of the Sony standalone (for now?) Spider-verse.

Like, what if Marvel doesn't end up liking the Sony version of Venom, and wants to do their own sometime down the road? That's cool with Sony? And if Sony says no, does that mean the MCU Spider-Man can't use large parts of his rogues gallery being utilized in the Sony Spider-verse? There's definitely a lot going on behind the scenes we have no idea about.

sdp
06-13-2017, 01:28 PM
We don't know the details but I think it was logical to assume that it was for a trilogy + appearances in other movies (i.e. Civil War/Avengers/???).

Marvel changed their release schedule to fit Spider-Man in so it's obvious that this deal is mutually beneficial. It would be awesome if the MCU incorporated the Sony spin-offs into its canon but I don't see that happening. I think Sony is trying to build their own spin-offs and when they get Spider-Man back incorporate him into their built universe. But who knows, Sony Pictures isn't very good at planning things, it wouldn't surprise me if they're doing thingso n the fly and still see what sticks.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-13-2017, 01:29 PM
Good, that comment from Amy Pascal a couple months back really threw me for a loop. At least we know that Spidey is going to have a more permanent role in the MCU.

NinjaPug
06-13-2017, 01:54 PM
This was assumed from the beginning when he signed a 6 picture deal (3 solo Spidey movies; 3 MCU movies). Amy Pascal muddied this up when she said the deal with Marvel expired after S-M2. Either Pascal was mistaken, a new deal was made in the last 60 days or Sony will be making a 3rd Holland Spidey movie without Marvel Studios input/help if they don't agree to continue the relationship.

ToTheNines
06-13-2017, 06:54 PM
Well Amy Pascal has been confirmed to be a barely functioning retard, so it stands to reason that her words are bunk.