PDA

View Full Version : Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 05 & 6: When Worlds Collide

Vicky82
06-18-2017, 01:10 AM
When Mona Lisa suddenly arrives on Earth, Raphael must get her and Bishop to work together to defeat an alien threat and save the Earth.

The Episode is up on ITunes.

Saw this pic on Twitter, so you can tell that When Worlds Collide was meant to air before the Monster Arc.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/5fc2114f97b7fd3ad65a92dfa2695ce1/tumblr_inline_orqfm3EEKp1sz1u74_540.jpg

FredWolfLeonardo
06-18-2017, 02:09 AM
The Episode is up on ITunes.
https://68.media.tumblr.com/5fc2114f97b7fd3ad65a92dfa2695ce1/tumblr_inline_orqfm3EEKp1sz1u74_540.jpg

Airing before the monster arc also makes sense in the context of the theme song which shows Newtralizer after Zombie Shredder, Tiger Claw and Kavaxas.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but can't wait. We're also getting a new tmnt short tomorrow :)

Vicky82
06-18-2017, 04:22 AM
Holy ****!!!!!

Mikey was awesome!!!!!! :o

So it looks like Mona Lisa is staying on Earth, sorry Mona Lisa haters. :lol:

neatoman
06-18-2017, 04:28 AM
Holy ****!!!!!

Mikey was awesome!!!!!! :o

So it looks like Mona Lisa is staying on Earth, sorry Mona Lisa haters. :lol:

Got any juicier spoilers? Like why Newtralizer wants to kill the Utroms?

Vicky82
06-18-2017, 04:36 AM
Got any juicier spoilers? Like why Newtralizer wants to kill the Utroms?

I have to watch it again, But I think it was just a plan by Lord Dregg to follow Sal Commander and Mona Lisa (because they were going to earth to capture Newtralizer) to earth, so he can get his vengeance on the Turtles and invade earth.

Mukouno
06-18-2017, 05:38 AM
Those were some really cool episodes! I liked it, was good to see so many old characters returning.
Only thing that irked me were Mikey's sudden electric powers, I was just sitting there like "What the hell?! :lol:"
But oh well, at least they're gone again, so I guess it was kind of cool, he definetely had some awesome fighting scenes.
And yay! Mona gets to stay on Earth, I have to admit that while I don't particularly ship any of the characters (I usually don't care about that all that much), if I had to choose, Raph and Mona are my favorite couple out of the bunch, they're really cute.

And while we're on the the subject of couples, I was kind of confused by the first minutes. The others are acting like sickening sweethearts, Raph gets annoyed and even complains to Chompy how he "doesn't need love". I have the feeling I'm missing something here. Did... the other pairs become official or something? A little later when Raph and Mona reunite there's also this little weird scene with Karai and Leo, where Karai doesn't quite get what Raph likes about Mona and how Leo responds to that.
Maybe I'm also reading too much into it? I don't know....

Redworld96
06-18-2017, 05:59 AM
I have the feeling I'm missing something here. Did... the other pairs become official or something?

We have missed 5 episodes (the whole Monster Arc plus that travel to the past with Renet) because of Nickelodeon and its decision to not follow the real order.

But I don't think any ship has been canon during that time. Writers like to keep that "Will they?Won't they?" thing to tease the viewers until the very end :ohwell:

But if they did make canon a ship and we don't know it for the change of the order, I am gonna be so mad for it

Mukouno
06-18-2017, 06:07 AM
We have missed 5 episodes (the whole Monster Arc plus that travel to the past with Renet) because of Nickelodeon and its decision to not follow the real order.

But I don't think any ship has been canon during that time. Writers like to keep that "Will they?Won't they?" thing to tease the viewers until the very end :ohwell:

But if they did make canon a ship and we don't know it for the change of the order, I am gonna be so mad for it

AH! Thanks a lot, I honestly did not know that they skipped a few episodes. Or rather switched them around.

Yeah, I kind of hope nothing except for Raph/Mona is canon as well. At least for the time being. It's just that the beginning gave of those... vibes. :lol:

Redworld96
06-18-2017, 06:49 AM
AH! Thanks a lot, I honestly did not know that they skipped a few episodes. Or rather switched them around.

Yeah, I kind of hope nothing except for Raph/Mona is canon as well. At least for the time being. It's just that the beginning gave of those... vibes. :lol:

You can also see it when Mikey is thanking Renet for the new Tech (I really hate when channels do that. But it could have been worse)

I think now if writers want to make more ships canon, it will be resolved in the last Arc of the show (when they will see their futures).
In this episode they only added those cute moments between April-Donnie/Leo-Karai/Mikey-Renet just to make emphasis to Raph's sadness and jealousy because he didn't have his crush around there (but not anymore :P)

TigerClaw
06-18-2017, 06:51 AM
Its almost time. :)

TigerClaw
06-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Here we go!

Ninturtle
06-18-2017, 07:12 AM
I like that we're seeing Salamandrians and Utroms again, but the relationship stuff with Mona is annoying.

ToTheNines
06-18-2017, 07:13 AM
Haha, Space Heroes was great. Jhanna is from Mirage volume 1 #13.

Mukouno
06-18-2017, 07:13 AM
You can also see it when Mikey is thanking Renet for the new Tech (I really hate when channels do that. But it could have been worse)

I wondered about the Renet scene, but I forgot about it halfway through the episode, my bad. But yes, if they skipped the time travel arc for now it makes sense.

In this episode they only added those cute moments between April-Donnie/Leo-Karai/Mikey-Renet just to make emphasis to Raph's sadness and jealousy because he didn't have his crush around there (but not anymore :P)

I hadn't thought about it that way, sounds fair enough. :anime: I guess I was too busy scratching my head in confusion over possible pairing stuff.
Okay, I have my fingers crossed we didn't miss anything important.

TigerClaw
06-18-2017, 07:29 AM
Ut oh! Here's lord Dregg.

ToTheNines
06-18-2017, 07:31 AM
I'm glad they finally gave Newtralizer a real name, but it's basically "Kavaxas" lol.

TigerClaw
06-18-2017, 07:50 AM
Cool! preview of Usagi!

Utrommaniac
06-18-2017, 07:51 AM
Well, that was a very disappointing amount of screentime from the Utrom Council. And April didn't even address the Irma look-alike, which is probably the worst part. My girl Queen barely even had two lines.

And yeah, there's a ton of half-@$$ing so far.

TigerClaw
06-18-2017, 08:02 AM
I thought it was a great episode, lots of action, and most important of all, more Mona Lisa, plus she gets to stay on Earth, and she will make a great addition to the Mighty Mutanimals. :tsmile:

xenopokemon
06-18-2017, 08:18 AM
As far as 1-hour specials go for TMNT, this Aliens VS Predator (with a hint of Cloverfield): TMNT Edition could have been so much greater. I put this better than S1's finale but not as good as S2 or S3's (but this isn't a finale so of course it isn't going to live up to that). You think that since they had an hour they'd explain better as to why Newtralizer was so violent instead of just one line by Bishop "lol you got brainwashed by the Kraang, man". Could have given Newt a good resolution but no, just explode in electricity. Could have had Newt actually kill Sal Commander and make death actually mean something again, but nope. How many times has this show given us a character with a badass design and amazing skills and then fail to actually flesh them out? I'm starting to think I'm too old for this show, because on top of all of that, Mikey coming back with electrical powers irritated me so much. It doesn't make an ounce of sense. At least Dregg was back, with more half-tailing explanations. Armaggon, nowhere to be found. Just great *sarcasm*. Truthfully, the only thing I liked about this episode was Newtralizer beating up/killing everyone. Good homages to Aliens and Predator, however, they fail to make up for the shoddy explanations and too light-hearted of an hour-long episode. 7/10.

Utrommaniac
06-18-2017, 08:56 AM
So it turns out I missed the first ten minutes and was able to catch up on what I missed

...I recend some of my prior comments
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202017-06-18%20at%209.51.11%20AM_zpshzupcxxo.png
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202017-06-18%20at%209.51.46%20AM_zpsi16emcjz.png

JH24
06-18-2017, 08:57 AM
And while we're on the the subject of couples, I was kind of confused by the first minutes. The others are acting like sickening sweethearts, Raph gets annoyed and even complains to Chompy how he "doesn't need love". I have the feeling I'm missing something here. Did... the other pairs become official or something? A little later when Raph and Mona reunite there's also this little weird scene with Karai and Leo, where Karai doesn't quite get what Raph likes about Mona and how Leo responds to that.
Maybe I'm also reading too much into it? I don't know....

That makes me curious. In what way did Leo and Karai interact? Were they portrayed as "in love" with each other, or more as brother and sister?

Utrommaniac
06-18-2017, 08:59 AM
"Just because I like you, it doesn't mean I'll go easy on you."

neatoman
06-18-2017, 09:09 AM
So it turns out I missed the first ten minutes and was able to catch up on what I missed

...I recend some of my prior comments
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202017-06-18%20at%209.51.11%20AM_zpshzupcxxo.png
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202017-06-18%20at%209.51.46%20AM_zpsi16emcjz.png

They look high as a kite.
bEO1lI5ZFL8
NG-lH0uo3-Q

Mukouno
06-18-2017, 09:30 AM
That makes me curious. In what way did Leo and Karai interact? Were they portrayed as "in love" with each other, or more as brother and sister?

It would be best to watch it for yourself, maybe you get a different impression than me, but I'll try to describe it.

The first little scene has them sparing and obviously having fun, and Karai says something like: "Just because I like you, doesn't mean I'll go easy on you!" Or something along those lines.

I admit this isn't saying all that much and most likely just them being bros, but there's a second small scene that's a little more... dubious. :P

Mona and Raph reunite and the scene shifts to Karai who says how she can't believe that Raph has the hots for a Salamandrian. Cue Leo getting a wide eyed look, shifting a bit and elbowing Karai while saying: "I know, he got weird taste, right?" and Leo's smiling at her while saying that. Karai gets silent and also gains a kind of sheepish, weird look on her face and she looks away.

It's hard to describe, I'm not really good at that. :toops:

Redworld96
06-18-2017, 09:31 AM

I didn't interprete Leo and Karai's scene in a romance way, but in that situation, to make Raph jealous, they put April-Donnie and Leo-Karai in a almost lovebirds mood (specially April and Donnie in the living room, imo that was a cute moment), so ....

I can't tell :ohwell:

TigerClaw
06-18-2017, 09:46 AM
I didn't interprete Leo and Karai's scene in a romance way, but in that situation, to make Raph jealous, they put April-Donnie and Leo-Karai in a almost lovebirds mood (specially April and Donnie in the living room, imo that was a cute moment), so ....

I can't tell :ohwell:
Also the way Leo looked at Karai when Karai reacted to seeing Raph and Mona Lisa together, and Leo telling her that Raph has weird taste.

IndigoErth
06-18-2017, 09:46 AM
Nice episode, good to see one of the few where Mikey gets to save the day.

Naturally I slept through the first 10 min... Sounds like I missed an interesting scene. lol (Will catch it in a few on Nicktoons, or whatever channel that is.)

edit: lol Leo nudging Karai... If that wasn't an unspoken "But I'm not weird, right??" then I don't know what is. Hard to read Karai's reaction, maybe just general awkwardness. (The "like you" think didn't seem to contain any 'romantic' vibe at all, though I'm sure it's gonna be read differently to much younger fans...)

2K3
06-18-2017, 10:34 AM
I love that Dregg's ship is called a "Maligna Ship" (awesome reference)!

drgon78
06-18-2017, 11:01 AM
Good episodes but the writers forgot that April can breath normally in dimension X.

Vicky82
06-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Good episodes but the writers forgot that April can breath normally in dimension X.

She's never been to Dimension X, so how do you know she can breath in Dimension X. Yes she's half Kraang half Human but there has been no indication she can breath there.

Autbot_Benz
06-18-2017, 11:38 AM
Id love to watch the episode but none of the cartoon sites have it up. :(

neatoman
06-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Here are my good points

Is that the Starfish that ate Nobody in the Space Heroes episode? If so, nice reference. In fact, a lot of the references are pretty nice.

Utrom society seems nice. Don't want it destroyed anytime soon.

And here are the negative ones.
How did the homeless guy return to his human form? He became one of the Shredder Goblins, remember? Eh... Budget I guess...

Still no acknowledgement of Dregg's robotic nature? No please, by all means, keep pretending you and the audience don't know the truth, I'm sure we'll forget if you do that...

Electricity? Does anyone remember why? Seems random.

So Newtralizer wants the Utroms dead because he was brainwashed by the Kraang? Then why did he attack the Kraang?

Newtralizer and Dregg are allies because...? Their goals happen to align this time but why did they work together in the past?

Of course Mikey came back, I expected him to, but can this show stop pretending to kill characters off?

Why did Dregg call Newtralizer by that name instead of his real on?

Wow, Raph was a total dick to Bishop at the end... Rules do exist for a reason.

Anyway, that might be a little too harsh. You can tell that shows like these are about to end when episodes tend to be like this, somehow feeling both rushed and stretched out at the same time. It's only typical.

Autbot_Benz
06-18-2017, 12:41 PM
Id love to watch the episode but none of the cartoon sites have it up. :(

Nevermind once again Redworld96 comes to the rescue. I can watch it :) I love Utrom Klatu and Utrom Nicto references to The Day The Earth Stood Still and Army of Darkness

matteso586
06-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Surprised that Lord Dregg survived getting frozen in space. I wonder if he's gone for good this time.

From the Dimension X scenes, it appears that Kraang Prime really is dead.

I was right about Newtralizer being a criminal bounty hunter prior to getting captured by the Kraang. But wrong about his real name being close to Flint. Makes me wonder who hired Newtralizer to destroy the Kraang.

Would be better if Fugitoid made an appearance.

I can imagine one of the civilians asking themselves if New York City has suffered enough.

neatoman
06-18-2017, 12:48 PM
Something that did strike me, Dregg is basically just Maligna with Dregg's name/gender slapped on.

JH24
06-18-2017, 12:51 PM
@ Utromaniac @ Mukouno @ Redworld96

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it.

That's some interesting dialogue. I like how it seems open for interpretation, and how it depends on the person watching it.

Thanks again. :)

drag0nfeathers
06-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Okay so what about that giant hive full of people that were being harvested? I guess everyone was freed and survived like a 30 story fall or were they rescued? Guess we didn't have time to explain that.

However anyone else catch the nod to Aliens with the mention of Jonesy on that bug killer billboard? He was the cat in the first two Alien movies. Maybe I'm reaching but since I named my cat after him I noticed it immediately.

Also kinda glad Mikey got to save the day for once, albiet a little overkill with the electrical powers. Still not complaining tho.

Vicky82
06-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Also kinda glad Mikey got to save the day for once, albiet a little overkill with the electrical powers. Still not complaining tho.

For Once??? He saved the day in End Times.

Ninjinister
06-18-2017, 02:11 PM
However anyone else catch the nod to Aliens with the mention of Jonesy on that bug killer billboard? He was the cat in the first two Alien movies. Maybe I'm reaching but since I named my cat after him I noticed it immediately.

That billboard's been around since season 1. It's for pest control.

CyberCubed
06-18-2017, 03:54 PM
This episodes was great. Yeah I didn't care much for Michaelangelo's electricity powers, but I just kinda rolled with it. Bishop was hilarious, great seeing the Utrom council again, and seeing Lord Dregg finally invade Earth and Newtralizer make his grand return are great.

Looks like they really are wrapping up the main villains of this show. Dregg and Newtralizer are likely dead, and we can assume so since we probably won't see them again. Nice to see this show will be getting some proper closure

. Armaggon, nowhere to be found. Just great *sarcasm*.

???

Armaggon is just a bounty hunter, last we saw him fall into a pit in an alien world. If that was his last appearance, it's fine. Would have liked to see him again, but it's no big deal if he doesn't.

victory_angel
06-18-2017, 04:48 PM
Nevermind once again Redworld96 comes to the rescue. I can watch it :) I love Utrom Klatu and Utrom Nicto references to The Day The Earth Stood Still and Army of Darkness

There was also an OT episode where Donatello met a family of Aliens. The husband was named Klatu, the wife was named Virada, and the sons name was Nicto.

Utrommaniac
06-18-2017, 05:15 PM
I really hope they can do an episode wrapping up the Kraang brainwashing, but it doesn't look like it'll fit anywhere. Especially with a lot of the story beginning with them, so it should rightly end with them.

Chris
06-18-2017, 05:30 PM
Maybe we'll see the Kraang and Dimension X (maybe even the Utroms) one last time in the Bebop & Rocksteady/80s crossover arc?

I love that we seem to be touching on all the major characters this season. Most of the major players seem to be getting final appearances and at least some level of resolution and I really appreciate that.

I actually loved Mikey's brief electrical powers, it reminded me of the Mirage super hero turtles from vol 4. And the look between Leo & Karai after they questioned what Raph saw in Mona was brilliant :tlol:

CyberCubed
06-18-2017, 05:56 PM
I really hope they can do an episode wrapping up the Kraang brainwashing, but it doesn't look like it'll fit anywhere. Especially with a lot of the story beginning with them, so it should rightly end with them.

It's still possible I suppose. I get the feeling the Kraang will get "one last hurrah" somewhere at the end. Seems like they are making sure all the major villains have closure at least. We saw the end of Shredder and his minion mutants made peace with the Turtles or left, and now the end of Dregg and Newtralizer.

Tarris Vaal
06-18-2017, 06:07 PM
Were Mikey's electric powers a reference to the Shellectro superhero character from 2003? To the best of my knowledge that was Don's alter ego, but perhaps someone with more 2k3 knowledge can correct me?

ToTheNines
06-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Were Mikey's electric powers a reference to the Shellectro superhero character from 2003? To the best of my knowledge that was Don's alter ego, but perhaps someone with more 2k3 knowledge can correct me?

Yes, Mikey was Bloboid.

drag0nfeathers
06-18-2017, 08:28 PM
Jesus dudes chill the eff out. Everyone's always pissing and moaning Mikey is usually the one who screws things up. I was just happy he wasn't given the short end of the hero stick as he does so often and sorry but I hadn't noticed the billboard until this episode.
Now I know why I stopped posting in these threads.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-18-2017, 08:29 PM
Just finished watching, and I have to say: these episodes were fantastic :)

Seeing Bishop, the EPF and the Utrom Council was really nice.

Im glad Lord Dregg got a grand send off, I presume this is his as well as Newtralizer's final episode.

I think there was some foreshadowing in this episode, when Bishop said the Kraang brainwashed Newtralizer, I'd like to see the turtles tackling the Kraang's mind control once and for all.

Mona Lisa, Sal Commander and Newtralizer were also done well, I like how this show has alot of fascinating alien races: the Utroms/Kraang, the Salamandrians, the Triceratons, and the Insectoids under Lord Dregg.

Mikey and Raph were also entertaining in this episode, although I'm glad Mikey didn't keep his electrical powers for the rest of the series. Raph's interactions with Mona Lisa were fun, my favourite was at the beginning when Mona Lisa immediately thought of Raph doing push ups as soon as she knew she was going to Earth.

Good to know that Mona Lisa is now staying on Earth and probably joining the Mutanimals.

Where were Casey and Shinigami? Casey I can understand being absent, but since this episode did touch on Leo/Karai and Donnie/April, I thought Mikey would be interacting with Shinigami instead of Renet.

CyberCubed
06-18-2017, 08:31 PM
I also like to mention I think the Mona Lisa/Raph romance was handled well in this episode. It wasn't in your face or over the top like it was in past episodes, and there were far less cringe worthy aspects seeing them together. I wish they were written like this in all their appearances, it would have been more enjoyable. So I'm glad they toned it down.

IndigoErth
06-18-2017, 08:34 PM
The only thing I want to know about Mikey's temporary "powers" is... if they supposedly were to burn out, why would it have presumably possibly killed him? Wouldn't it realistically just have weakened and gone away? Kind of an unnecessary detail.

Where were Casey and Shinigami?
It's terrible, I never even thought of them until you asked.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-18-2017, 08:37 PM
The only thing I want to know about Mikey's temporary "powers" is... if they supposedly were to burn out, why would it have presumably possibly killed him? Wouldn't it realistically just have weakened and gone away? Kind of an unnecessary detail.

I presume by burning out, its referring to an overload of his powers causing him to ultimately self-destruct, just like how we saw Newtralizer exploding because of his electrical overload.

PApagreg
06-18-2017, 10:15 PM
Whelp I just saw the episode and here are my thoughts

Postives-
I actually did like the electrical powers shown in this episode, hell Mikey's use of them gave me flashbacks to Infamous

While this Mikey is far from my favorite character I did like how he tried to make a heroic sacrifice, it always bothered that when it comes to cataclysmic events we mostly see Leo sacrificing himself so its nice to see Mikey trying to make the ultimate price.

Negatives-
-This episode was rushed as all hell, we get the Newtralizer returning,Bishop and the lizards interacting, the Utrom council, and Dregg's invasion in two episodes. It sounds cool on paper but my god does it make for a mess of an episode.
-The whole Raph/Mona thing is still cringe, not as cringe as season 4 but still cringe.
-So if Bishop knew there were two Salamandrions who helped fight the Kraang then why did he think it would be a good idea to attack two Salamandrions who were just talking to the turtles.
- Newtralizer is really bad in this, don't get me wrong he wasn't my favorite character and he certainly wasn't Shakespere quality but at least he had some nuance in his previous appearance. Also him taking the role of the bad guy in the first half was horrible and his corny dialogue didn't really help matters.

CyberCubed
06-18-2017, 10:19 PM
-This episode was rushed as all hell, we get the Newtralizer returning,Bishop and the lizards interacting, the Utrom council, and Dregg's invasion in two episodes. It sounds cool on paper but my god does it make for a mess of an episode..

Lots of characters does not equal rushed. This isn't Dragonball Z, we don't need 10+ episodes for a story arc.

Bishop was utilized extremely well here and got a lot of focus, and the invasion being saved for part 2 meant Newtralizer got most of the first episode. The scenes with the Utrom council could have been a bit longer, but we may see them again so who knows.

PApagreg
06-18-2017, 11:05 PM
Lots of characters does not equal rushed. This isn't Dragonball Z, we don't need 10+ episodes for a story arc.

No, packing too much stuff into two episodes makes it rushed.

Bishop was utilized extremely well here and got a lot of focus, and the invasion being saved for part 2 meant Newtralizer got most of the first episode. The scenes with the Utrom council could have been a bit longer, but we may see them again so who knows.

Yeah and the invasion was rushed as all hell. Hell even in the first half of the special we rarely see Sal interact with Newtralizer despite the latter being responsible for the former losing an eye.

Utrommaniac
06-18-2017, 11:16 PM
And I mean...of the two characters with mechanical eyes, that's the one we focus on how that happened? SubPrime is honestly a more important character, so his incident could have been revealed (and the Sub-Sub Prime thing. What was that???)

CyberCubed
06-19-2017, 12:54 AM
Yeah and the invasion was rushed as all hell. Hell even in the first half of the special we rarely see Sal interact with Newtralizer despite the latter being responsible for the former losing an eye.

They had scenes together. I don't know what you want about the invasion, I don't think we needed to see more episodes of a bunch of bugs putting humans in cocoons. The invasion went on the right length without it being bloated or too drawn out.

Tarris Vaal
06-19-2017, 02:18 AM
Yeah I agree the invasion itself felt about the right length of time to work with - though a brief line like 'what about the humans?' 'the EPF can handle it' would have been nice just to clarify the point there.

There's a lot of bits like that I felt - this was a fun episode that was very easy to just 'roll with' but it could have done with one or two extra lines of exposition just scattered about to clear a few things up. On repeat viewing the thinly veiled plot holes start to manifest a bit more and its a shame because the action and visuals are almost all top notch in this.

Notably, its the lack of explanation regarding how Mikey survived and got his powers. Newtralizer I can cope with a little more, its not a massive jump to expect the audience to presume something happened with his teleporter in his last appearance to cause that. But Mikey was a lot more out of the left field, and the fact that he survived and wasn't disintegrated implies that anyone hit by Newtralizer's attacks would have survived the same way - which rather detracts from his threat.

Dregg was the other one needing just.... SOMETHING... to explain his survival. Even something simple like;

'Dregg! You cockroach! Its good to see you! I thought you died on Galfoni IX!'
'My old assassin, I never risk myself when a robot clone can do the same job'

And that could have been it! I appreciate time is a factor of course, but the fact that I know those flaws are there make it harder not to notice them in rewatches or if I try and recommend the ep to others.

MarsicornYT
06-19-2017, 02:38 AM
That episode was amazing. I loved it so much. One thing I kinda want to say is that they kind of forgot about Splinter, and it's like they don't mourne him anymore. Just a personal thing I guess, but I did love it so much how Raph got angry at Newtralizer for killing Mikey. If he had of said something like 'First father, now Mikey' it would have been cool, and just little things would show how they still struggle without Splinter.

Apart from that this episode didn't feel rushed at all and was so awesome!! There were no silly moments after Mikey died and they kept mentioning it in the second ep which was awesome. I got teary when Mikey sacrificed himself, and I thought he wouldn't come back for a few more episodes, leading to another arc. But it ended awesomly too.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-19-2017, 04:21 AM
There was also an OT episode where Donatello met a family of Aliens. The husband was named Klatu, the wife was named Virada, and the sons name was Nicto.

Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers (season 3, 1989).

And in turn, their names are based on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still

LeotheLateBloomer
06-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Okay so what about that giant hive full of people that were being harvested? I guess everyone was freed and survived like a 30 story fall or were they rescued? Guess we didn't have time to explain that.

:teek: I totally forgot all about that. :lol:

cryan
06-19-2017, 10:48 AM
RIP Crankshaw we barely knew ya. Good way for Captain Ryan to treat his crew.Man I not would what to be under his command.

06-19-2017, 10:53 AM
Yeah I didn't care much for Michaelangelo's electricity powers

No need to care anymore. They're gone now.

neatoman
06-19-2017, 10:58 AM
So what's the reasoning behind the immigration protocols Bishop brought up? Is there any legitimate reason she shouldn't remain on earth?

Vicky82
06-19-2017, 11:01 AM
So what's the reasoning behind the immigration protocols Bishop brought up? Is there any legitimate reason she shouldn't remain on earth?

No idea, Raph punched him before he could say. Maybe they are more hostile and also have different customs too because remember shaking hands means attack.

Also I don't see a problem with her on Earth, yes she an Alien but as there a lot of mutants running around she can pass off as one.

06-19-2017, 11:07 AM
No idea, Raph punched him before he could say. Maybe it's there different customs because remember shaking hands means attack.

Also I don't see a problem with her on Earth, yes she an Alien but as there a lot of mutants running around she can pass off as one.

She'll probably stay with the turtles in the New York City sewers.

Vicky82
06-19-2017, 11:12 AM
She'll probably stay with the turtles in the New York City sewers.

She's going to join the Mutanimals because Raph said they are looking for new recruits.

Might not be a good idea to stay with Raph yet, don't want any hanky panky in the bedroom :lol:

06-19-2017, 11:15 AM
She's going to join the Mutanimals because Raph said they are looking for new recruits.

If she joins the Mutanimals, which storyarc do you think she'll reappear in?

Vicky82
06-19-2017, 11:22 AM
If she joins the Mutanimals, which storyarc do you think she'll reappear in?

Don't know if she will appear again but I know that Zelda Williams was doing voice recording at least 3 times (could be more) so if she does appear, it more likely be the future arc.

Maybe Raph and Mona have kids in the future arc, so Brandon might not be joking about it after all :lol:

06-19-2017, 11:29 AM
Don't know if she will appear again but I know that Zelda Williams was doing voice recording at least 3 times (could be more) so if she does appear, it more likely be the future arc.

Maybe Raph and Mona have kids in the future arc, so Brandon might not be joking about it after all :lol:

I hope not. The turtles never getting any children is a popular part of it.

CyberCubed
06-19-2017, 11:38 AM
:teek: I totally forgot all about that. :lol:

I'm not sure why people keep bringing this up. The EPF exist, it's pretty obvious they freed all the humans who were stuck in the nests or cocoons afterward. Not everything has to be spelled out, people.

neatoman
06-19-2017, 12:01 PM

I had this theory about mutants being sterile.

TigerClaw
06-19-2017, 12:07 PM
Funny you say that, cause the Turtles do have children according to what you find at Deviantart.
http://suzukiwee1357.deviantart.com/art/TMNT-NEXT-GEN-Height-Chart-684904893
http://img14.deviantart.net/f93b/i/2017/157/5/d/tmnt_next_gen__height_chart_by_suzukiwee1357-dbbrvzx.png

Sabacooza
06-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Funny you say that, cause the Turtles do have children according to what you find at Deviantart.
http://img14.deviantart.net/f93b/i/2017/157/5/d/tmnt_next_gen__height_chart_by_suzukiwee1357-dbbrvzx.pngThat is just ****ing horrible.

DestronMirage22
06-19-2017, 12:35 PM
http://img14.deviantart.net/f93b/i/2017/157/5/d/tmnt_next_gen__height_chart_by_suzukiwee1357-dbbrvzx.png

So what?
People make fan art and stories all the time, but that doesn't affect the canon in any way.

06-19-2017, 01:02 PM
As I said, it's a thing with the turtles is that they're like doomed to just llive without getting any children. They may save the town and even Earth and go from having to hide to be considered semi-heroes. But that they'll not have children, and that's one of the most existential issues with TMNT.

TigerClaw
06-19-2017, 01:08 PM
As I said, it's a thing with the turtles is that they're like doomed to just llive without getting any children. They may save the town and even Earth and go from having to hide to be considered semi-heroes. But that they'll not have children, and that's one of the most existential issues with TMNT.
Not every fan believes in that, which is why they create there own fan fiction to fix there grievances.

neatoman
06-19-2017, 01:50 PM

I actually went ahead and read the explainations for who the parents were... Ugh...

Stuff like this makes me really hope no die hard fans of the Nick show never end up officially working on TMNT. The show has been fun but it is pretty dumb and if this sort of thing is the natural derivative (I hope it isn't, I honestly hope there are way better directions you could take it in), I'd say leave it's ideas in the past when it ends.

So what?
People make fan art and stories all the time, but that doesn't affect the canon in any way.

Thankfully no, I just hope the person who made this just has weird ideas and no official person working on TMNT wants to take it in a similar direction.

Utrommaniac
06-19-2017, 02:50 PM
I think the first two seasons were okay, and there were some elements that could have really, really been dusted on.
Those elements being

Saki kidnapping Yoshi's infant daughter after the "incident" and blaming all his own faults on Yoshi.

Brainwashed Utroms acting in a hivemind for one mutant Utrom, who by all means should have the same ego issues as Shredder.

April having Utrom genetics somehow or another.

Gilbert Gottfried an Utrom - probably my favorite thing about this show.

But it had to focus on DONNIE LIEKS APRIL and load up on filler.

neatoman
06-19-2017, 03:10 PM
I think the first two seasons were okay, and there were some elements that could have really, really been dusted on.
Those elements being

Saki kidnapping Yoshi's infant daughter after the "incident" and blaming all his own faults on Yoshi.

Brainwashed Utroms acting in a hivemind for one mutant Utrom, who by all means should have the same ego issues as Shredder.

Gilbert Gottfried an Utrom - probably my favorite thing about this show.

Yeah, I mean, it's not like there wasn't any good thing here or at least good conceptually. It's just that a lot of it doesn't pay off, ends up feeling really botched or abandonned in favor pointless episodes. Or, yes, way too much time is spent garbage like "Apritello".

It's just that I think it's for the best that the concepts are left on the shelf for a few years if the writers who came up with didn't know what to with them, and that they avoid writing something like this ever again.

Utrommaniac
06-19-2017, 03:19 PM
I've described the show as "half baked" for a while. Not just half baked, but covered over with icing so it looks pretty until you bite into it.

CyberCubed
06-19-2017, 03:24 PM
A lot of these aspects were covered in the various episodes. Let's see.

This was brought up in almost every big Shredder or Karai episode for the first three seasons, then it was put on hold for a bit when Karai turned into a snake and was brainwashed, but then they went back to it and covered it.

Shredder really did love Karai, but so did Splinter. By the end Shredder's descent into madness and mutation was his transformation into the monster he always was and led to his demise.

Which was covered. I don't think it's any more complicated than Kraang Prime being the mutant hivemind, Kraang sub-prime likely being it's offspring, and them having the other Utroms enslaved under their control.

This I'll give you, April's backstory is all kinds of crazy.

Don's crush on April was never anything more than some 2 minute comedic scenes in various episodes. I think only one full episode really focused on this, and even then it had other stuff.

While the show does have a lot of one-shot filler mutants, that's the same for any series. You can't have the Turtles fighting Shredder or the Kraang in every single episode.

Aaronardo
06-19-2017, 03:24 PM
I've described the show as "half baked" for a while. Not just half baked, but covered over with icing so it looks pretty until you bite into it.

That's just about the most accurate description I've seen on this show.

Powder
06-19-2017, 04:27 PM
Pretty fun episode, I liked it. By far Mona's most tolerable appearance, but I still dislike her & how she affects the series.

Toadtrooper
06-19-2017, 10:21 PM
deus ex machina -
(in ancient Greek and Roman drama) a god introduced into a play to resolve the entanglements of the plot.

That's the episode. Without awarding new random god powers (because apparently April doesn't have enough of those), Dregg would have won. That's why the Salamandrians' battle with Dregg is more interesting even though we only see a few seconds of it. Because they didn't get a deus ex machina. They had to earn their victory.

And the episode never, ever had to be this convoluted. Peter Stormare's word vomit never needed to be on this show ever again. It should have just been Raph and Y'Gythgba taking down the Newtralizer together, showing that they're compatible and complementary to each and not just the show shipping people because it's sinking.

That it turned into an overextended Mikey episode is disappointing. And how are the Mutanimals always recruiting? It's been three core members and a rotating fourth since forever. Not exactly expanding...

I did roll my eyes at the Utrom yoga scene, but it's a little funny because they're brains and thus their 'body' and 'mind' are the same thing. More clever than a Kraang throwing a random gluten-free diet reference.

If I had to give it a star rating, I'd say it's **** Peter Stormare and his voice.

Ninjinister
06-20-2017, 02:05 AM
Every single time I change vendors for this show because I notice/am told that they upload the episode same day, I get crap like this... three days later and still nothing on Microsoft/Xbox store.

JH24
06-20-2017, 02:05 AM
I saw a few of the Donnie/April and Leo/karai scenes. The scene with "he's got weird tastes" was funny and awkward at the same time. Loved their expressions though.

I don't get one thing. Isn't Karai in a sense considered their sister? Or was that never mentioned in the series?

FredWolfLeonardo
06-20-2017, 02:45 AM
I don't get one thing. Isn't Karai in a sense considered their sister? Or was that never mentioned in the series?

It was mentioned a few times. When Splinter told the turtles (except Leo, who already knew) in Wormquake, Mikey said in a shocked tone that Karai was their sister.

06-20-2017, 03:07 AM
Not every fan believes in that, which is why they create there own fan fiction to fix there grievances.

So, you believe that will now affect the official series writers?

LeoRaDoMic
06-20-2017, 03:30 AM
Pfff, whats happening with this show. After the TOO long break I was really looking forward to this episode but it has nothing to do with Ninjas anymore...

Also the love interest for each Turtle is not why Im watching.

Think Im gonna give up this show...

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 03:40 AM
Pfff, whats happening with this show. After the TOO long break I was really looking forward to this episode but it has nothing to do with Ninjas anymore...

What. There's plenty of ninja action moves in this and every other episode. Other than Mikey's electricity powers, the Turtles all used ninjitsu against Dregg's bugs.

The shipping is such a minor part of this show I have no idea why people keep trying to make big deal out of it. That's why you're not watching? Even the Mona Lisa romance with Raph was very toned down in this episode compared to all the others.

Think Im gonna give up this show...

This is the final season. I don't know what this even means given the show is ending.

Sabacooza
06-20-2017, 04:36 AM

Think Im gonna give up this show... Seriously, I don't know why they need to inject all this nonsense into this show. It's like a young girl's fan fiction.

Powder
06-20-2017, 05:00 AM
They've definitely bent to the will of their vocal minority.

JH24
06-20-2017, 08:29 AM
It was mentioned a few times. When Splinter told the turtles (except Leo, who already knew) in Wormquake, Mikey said in a shocked tone that Karai was their sister.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I thought they once mentioned it but I couldn't remember.

With Leo and Raph both having found someone, I wonder if they're going to add some closure or development to Donnie and Mikey later on.

Utrommaniac
06-20-2017, 08:48 AM
This was basically what Newtralizer's reasoning for attacking Utroms felt like.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/mocking_zpsgofdz1ai.jpg

Not the best interpretation of the meme, but C'Est la Vie

neatoman
06-20-2017, 09:06 AM

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/mocking_zpsgofdz1ai.jpg

Not the best interpretation of the meme, but C'Est la Vie

Don't think I've seen this meme before, is he supposed to be repeating it in annoying voice?

xenopokemon
06-20-2017, 09:16 AM

Yep, pretty accurate. They just made him a generic villain, bad cuz he's bad. No motive, no nothing. I wish they didn't do this. They could have paid proper homage and made him a hunter looking for the perfect prey, like the Predator he's based off of. Could have given Newtralizer and Sal Commander a big epic fight, nope. Just a bunch of disappointment that could have been avoided.

Utrommaniac
06-20-2017, 09:19 AM
It's the "mocking Spongebob meme"

http://www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/gallery/best-of-mocking-spongebob-meme/2-mocking-spongebob.jpg

And yeah, it was a load of disappointment. I really, REALLY could have gone without Dregg showing up.

xenopokemon
06-20-2017, 09:34 AM
And yeah, it was a load of disappointment. I really, REALLY could have gone without Dregg showing up.

Sadly, when shows come to a close, things just get slapped together for a quick and not-so-satisfying resolution. Thus, Dregg had to show up. Evenif his head got knocked off and he was frozen in space without an ounce of explanation.

Utrommaniac
06-20-2017, 09:35 AM
I mean, it could have been an episode wrapping up the Kraang/Utrom ordeal that was...barely a thing. It could have been had it been brought in earlier on.

neatoman
06-20-2017, 09:48 AM
I brought this up earlier but I still can't get over this. Dregg isn't a giant insect, Raph knows he isn't a giant insect, several other characters probably knows he isn't a giant insect, so why does the show still treat him like he is a giant insect? We saw his robotic head, we know he's a machine. Did they think we would forget?

This may very well be his final episode, the remaining 14 don't seem like they could include him.
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/f/fd/Raphael-TMNT-2012-0587.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170115213635

LeoRaDoMic
06-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Seriously, I don't know why they need to inject all this nonsense into this show. It's like a young girl's fan fiction.

Yes, exactly. I remember "The Gauntlet" which was very good in my opinion. Why couldn't they make more episodes in that style.

Also April and her psychic powers. Rediculous! A bit more realism was more then welcome.

TigerClaw
06-20-2017, 10:01 AM
So, you believe that will now affect the official series writers?
I believe the creators and writers of this show, are well aware of all the fanart and fanfiction for TMNT out there, So they did some stuff that would get parts of the fandom smiling.

06-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Yes, exactly. I remember "The Gauntlet" which was very good in my opinion. Why couldn't they make more episodes in that style.

Also April and her psychic powers. Rediculous! A bit more realism was more then welcome.

I hope they wear off before the series is over.

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Dregg's invasion of Earth was about exactly what I expected, and a nice way to wrap up his character. I also find it bizarre people are acting like Newtralizer ever had a great character to begin with:

1. Newtralizer didn't even speak in his first episode in Season 1.

2. In his Season 2 episode, Newtralizer was already with his "Rocka Rocka" personality and just went around saying he hated the Kraang and fought with Slash.

We were never dealing with some A-list villain here in the first place.

There's been fighting like that all throughout the show, you seem like you're watching a completely different series than everyone else.

This is the direction they decided to go with her, she's basically like Jean Grey from the X-men, a telepath.

06-20-2017, 11:55 AM

Gauntlet was great, but you can't have Shredder beating up the turtles all the time. They learnt to fight him better and better for every fight.

xenopokemon
06-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Dregg's invasion of Earth was about exactly what I expected, and a nice way to wrap up his character. I also find it bizarre people are acting like Newtralizer ever had a great character to begin with:

2. In his Season 2 episode, Newtralizer was already with his "Rocka Rocka" personality and just went around saying he hated the Kraang and fought with Slash.

They had the potential to turn him into an A-List villain without making him slapstick and just dumb.

JH24
06-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Just watched the episode. Despite some things I found weird I honestly can say I did enjoy it.

Things I liked:

- Bishop was amazing. Really liked his role in this episode.
- I warmed up to Mona Lisa's character. It was nice seeing them together in the end.
- Dregg as a genuine threat. His army is far more powerful than I expected. The design of his flagship was simply amazing.
- Action scenes were great. A lot of effort went into the animation, expressions and background.

Things that felt weird and/or underwhelming:

- Mikey 'dying.' If you're going to do a death scene, (although we all know they won't let him die) make it at least a bit more dramatic and not something that happens in a few seconds.

- Mikey's powers. ...What was that? Like Cybercubed said, it's something you have to roll with but it does feel like lazy writing.

- Newtralizer. I liked him during his appearances in season 1 and 2. Here...not so much. No personality at all. And that "Rokka, rokka" line gets old fast.

- Where was Casey? Although I can understand his absence with him probably being out of town with his family. He's going to kick himself when he finds out what he has missed.

- Raph punching Bishop. Such a good idea doing that to your ally. Sure, it was meant as a joke but he was pretty much a jerk to him.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention. At the end of the episode, those expressions of Raph, Mona Lisa and everyone else in the background were adorable. Loved that moment.

I enjoyed the episodes in general, especially because it felt like a rollercoaster ride. Unfortunately there wasn't much depth to it.

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Raph punching Bishop's head off in the last scene made me laugh because I wasn't expecting it. That was slapstick humor done right.

JH24
06-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Raph punching Bishop's head off in the last scene made me laugh because I wasn't expecting it. That was slapstick humor done right.

I have to agree with that. It was funny, did not see that one coming.

oldmanwinters
06-20-2017, 01:53 PM
I was surprised Casey Jones wasn't in this episode, but even more surprised his absence during a city-wide apocalypse wasn't even acknowledged. Did he go on a family vacation that week or something?

JH24
06-20-2017, 02:00 PM
I was surprised Casey Jones wasn't in this episode, but even more surprised his absence during a city-wide apocalypse wasn't even acknowledged. Did he go on a family vacation that week or something?

You're right. A family vacation or wedding (or something out of town) is most likely the reason. The turtles didn't even try to call him so they must have known he was away for awhile.

Knowing Casey, he'll be so disappointed when he finds out what he has missed.

06-20-2017, 02:16 PM
I enjoyed the episodes in general, especially because it felt like a rollercoaster ride. Unfortunately there wasn't much depth to it.

Stories with extraterrestrial invasions arent written for much depth, it's action-adventure with more large-scale attacks from the antagonists, and people running in panic on the streets.

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 02:21 PM

Casey Jones was also absent in a lot of Seasons 2-4 episodes. Overall though it's obviously a voice actor thing, they said they can't have too many different VA's in the same episode for whatever reason.

These eps had the 4 Turtles, April, Karai, Mona Lisa, Sly Commander, Newtralizer, and Dregg. That's 10 different characters and voice actors, I guess that's the limit for an episode. I doubt Casey Jones would have added anything interesting to the ep anyway.

JH24
06-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Stories with extraterrestrial invasions arent written for much depth, it's action-adventure with more large-scale attacks from the antagonists, and people running in panic on the streets.

I know what you mean, and I liked how they did the invasion part. But a character like Newtralizer was needlessly bland and predictable.

Mikey's new powers were just a quick way to even the odds and an easy way out.

Vicky82
06-20-2017, 02:41 PM

He was probably asleep and he turned his phone off :lol:

(you have to scroll down)

https://angryninja101.tumblr.com/post/162056890525/when-worlds-collide-review-part-2

He was absent in the episode The Super Shredder and in the Darkest Plight he arrive asking why he had a lot of text messages, I assumed he was have hockey practice

LeoRaDoMic
06-20-2017, 04:06 PM

There's been fighting like that all throughout the show, you seem like you're watching a completely different series than everyone else.

This is the direction they decided to go with her, she's basically like Jean Grey from the X-men, a telepath.

I've watched every episode thus far. Never liked all the alien invasions, turtle Mech and stuff. Things go too far in my opinion. Really hoped they kept it simple somewhat more realistic and darker. But of course it's always for kids...

I agree that some fight scenes were awesome and the animation was really good.

This is the direction they decided to go with her, she's basically like Jean Grey from the X-men, a telepath.[/QUOTE]

Yes, really don't like it

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 04:21 PM
I've watched every episode thus far. Never liked all the alien invasions, turtle Mech and stuff. Things go too far in my opinion. Really hoped they kept it simple somewhat more realistic and darker. But of course it's always for kids...

There are alien invasions in every TMNT incarnation, all the comics and cartoons. If you don't want to see the Turtles fight aliens or creatures, then more than half the franchise is not for you.

ssjup81
06-20-2017, 04:22 PM
He was probably asleep and he turned his phone off :lol:

(you have to scroll down)

https://angryninja101.tumblr.com/post/162056890525/when-worlds-collide-review-part-2

He was absent in the episode The Super Shredder and in the Darkest Plight he arrive asking why he had a lot of text messages, I assumed he was have hockey practiceAt least this shows that Casey has a life outside of the turtles unlike poor April.

That aside, I was surprised Casey wasn't in this episode.

GoldMutant
06-20-2017, 04:27 PM
At least this shows that Casey has a life outside of the turtles unlike poor April.

That aside, I was surprised Casey wasn't in this episode.

Some of you guys may wonder, but I think as with Roger Craig Smith, it's due to Josh Peck. He recently got married.

I'm not sure if the recordings were done prior to the wedding, but it may be a reason for his absence.

ssjup81
06-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Some of you guys may wonder, but I think as with Roger Craig Smith, it's due to Josh Peck. He recently got married.

I'm not sure if the recordings were done prior to the wedding, but it may be a reason for his absence.That's obvious. I always assume voice actor reasons and budget. It's not like the OT where they had a small cast voicing practically everybody...especially Rob.

That aside, I like that they give reasons as to why Casey isn't around sometimes...like how he missed the texts. He has a life away from the turtles. I hate the fact that they can't do that for April, which is why I wished Irma wouldn't have turned out to be a Kraangbot.

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Some of you guys may wonder, but I think as with Roger Craig Smith, it's due to Josh Peck. He recently got married..

Josh Peck got married? Isn't he like 18 years old?

Papenbrook
06-20-2017, 04:41 PM
Josh Peck got married? Isn't he like 18 years old?

'Cubed, Josh Peck is thirty years old.

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 04:41 PM
Cubed, Josh Peck is thirty years old.

WTF? He's as old as me?

GoldMutant
06-20-2017, 04:44 PM
WTF? He's as old as me?

Also, Drake Bell (current Spider-Man voice actor) is going to be 31 next week.

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 04:45 PM
WHAT THE HELL.

It seems like they were just teenagers only yesterday. I assumed they were in their early 20's at the most.

ssjup81
06-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Wasn't that Drake & Josh show from over like 10 or more years ago? *never watched it*

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 04:48 PM
That's weird as hell because when he voices Casey in the cartoon he sounds like a teenager, so I assumed he wasn't that much older in real life. How did he make his voice sound like it did over 15 years ago when he was a teen on Nick then?

All these childhood Nick actors are now 30 years old? Holy crap, where does the time go?

GoldMutant
06-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Wasn't that Drake & Josh show from over like 10 or more years ago? *never watched it*

2004 to 2007, yes. Both were 18 at the start and about 21 or 22 by the end.

Drake's voice has been the same. Josh's deepened after the first two seasons to the voice we have now.

God, I'm resisting mentioning the age of Mae Whitman, April's VO, now. :lol:

DestronMirage22
06-20-2017, 04:49 PM
Josh Peck is thirty years old.

:o
MAN.
Where does the time go?

ssjup81
06-20-2017, 04:52 PM
That's weird as hell because when he voices Casey in the cartoon he sounds like a teenager, so I assumed he wasn't that much older in real life. How did he make his voice sound like it did over 15 years ago when he was a teen on Nick then?

All these childhood Nick actors are now 30 years old? Holy crap, where does the time go?Greg Cipes has a year on me and he sounds young.

That aside, they're "voice actors". They act with their voices.

It's like Howie Mandel voicing Skeeter in Muppet Babies and Bobby from Bobby's World. Acting.

matteso586
06-20-2017, 06:35 PM

What do you mean "current"? Ultimate Spider-Man ended months ago.

GoldMutant
06-20-2017, 06:41 PM
What do you mean "current"? Ultimate Spider-Man ended months ago.

Because clearly television is all he's appeared in, right? :roll:

Drake has done the majority of the video games as of late. Only exceptions are Yuri in Spider-Man Unlimited and Christopher Daniel Barnes in two games to my knowledge.

Until we get confirmation of the next Spidey VA in the upcoming show this year, Drake is still the current voice. Same goes for video games.

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 07:19 PM
I still can't come to terms with the fact that these two kids:

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/responsive/cover/main/desktop/2016/03/27/6359464242815553281138230211_dan_schneider_437_dra ke_and_josh_drake_bell_josh_peck.jpg

Are 31 and 30 years olds respectively. I honestly thought Josh Peck was cast as Casey because he was closer in age to him. Not double his age.

Josh Peck even kinda looks a little like Nick Casey, just a lot fatter back then. :lol:

myconius
06-21-2017, 01:45 PM
this is still Josh Peck's greatest roll ever

8s43MKailpE

06-21-2017, 04:36 PM
There are alien invasions in every TMNT incarnation, all the comics and cartoons. If you don't want to see the Turtles fight aliens or creatures, then more than half the franchise is not for you.

The original film series had none, sadly. It should have one, or at least an Utrom in the second film.

victory_angel
06-21-2017, 09:08 PM
The original film series had none, sadly. It should have one, or at least an Utrom in the second film.

There was supposed to be a moment at the end of the second film where Professor Perry opened up his shirt and revealed he was an Utrom as a twist ending that would go into a sequil. But that scene was cut because it was believed that people would assume he was Krang or confuse him with Krang.

Utrommaniac
06-21-2017, 09:16 PM
I mean...that would be easily solved by explaining the situation?

ssjup81
06-22-2017, 12:07 AM
There was supposed to be a moment at the end of the second film where Professor Perry opened up his shirt and revealed he was an Utrom as a twist ending that would go into a sequil. But that scene was cut because it was believed that people would assume he was Krang or confuse him with Krang.I thought it was cut because of budget and how difficult it would've been to use those type of effects for a sequel.

victory_angel
06-22-2017, 12:57 AM
I thought it was cut because of budget and how difficult it would've been to use those type of effects for a sequel.

Maybe a bit of both. When the original film trilogy came out there were complaints of 'where is Bebop & Rocksteady? Why no Krang?"

06-22-2017, 02:49 AM
But that scene was cut because it was believed that people would assume he was Krang or confuse him with Krang.

I know. Funny they had no problems with Jordan Perry being confused with a white Baxter Stockman.

neatoman
06-22-2017, 09:01 AM
Are 31 and 30 years olds respectively. I honestly thought Josh Peck was cast as Casey because he was closer in age to him. Not double his age.

Well he was 26 when he started to voice Casey, which is a hell of a lot closer to 16-18 than let's say Rob Paulsen was to 15. So technically, you are right about him being closer in a comparative sense, he is the second youngest actor on the show (not counting any actual children that might have guest starred of course).

CyberCubed
06-22-2017, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I guess it's easy to forget actors age over the course of the show. Although Casey didn't debut until Season 2, so he has only been voicing the character since 2013, not 2012.

neatoman
06-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I guess it's easy to forget actors age over the course of the show. Although Casey didn't debut until Season 2, so he has only been voicing the character since 2013, not 2012.

I wrote that he was 26 when he started voicing Casey and he's 30 now.

30-4=26

2017-4=2013

THGhost
06-22-2017, 07:47 PM
I totally forgot TMNT was back, and had no idea this was a double episode. So that was a nice surprise.:tcool:

French Ultrom. :D
The Newtralizer is a badass. Is he the most powerful Nick TMNT villain?
Mikey! (He's gonna be fine, duh)
Lord Dregg's ship is terrifying.
James Cameron's "Aliens" anyone?
ElectriMikey is awesome!
Homosapiens and their guns. :trolleye:
ElectriMikey vs The Newtralizer was fantastic. I felt like I was watching The Flash.
Awww, I wanted Mikey to keep his electric powers.

Well, see you in exactly a month's time, TMNT. Bring on Usagi Yojimbo!

I still can't come to terms with the fact that these two kids:

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/responsive/cover/main/desktop/2016/03/27/6359464242815553281138230211_dan_schneider_437_dra ke_and_josh_drake_bell_josh_peck.jpg

Josh Peck even kinda looks a little like Nick Casey, just a lot fatter back then. :lol:

Thanks for making me feel old, Cubed. :lol:

Darth Knuckles
06-22-2017, 10:39 PM
I enjoyed this two-part episode. Season five does have a Mirage Tales of the TMNT (Vol. 1) vibe that I am enjoying so far. I'm glad Mona Lisa got to stay behind so Raph could have his girl with him on Earth. I hope they expand on their relationship some more. I enjoyed seeing Mona Lisa back as well as Sal Commander, Bishop, Renet (for three seconds :tlol:), Utrom Council, Karai (back as a permanent member), The Newtralizer/K'Vathrak, Lord Dregg and the Maligna ship. I liked seeing these particular friends and enemies come together in a two-parter like this. I do have one question though, is Lord Dregg's Maligna ship the sixth great cosmic monster of the universe?

myconius
06-24-2017, 09:18 AM
That is just ****ing horrible.

i'd say that's more 'abysmal' than 'horrible'.

CyberCubed
06-24-2017, 11:52 AM
To be honest Mike getting electricity powers is a lot less jarring when you realize it was a homage to Shellectro, the Super-Turtle Mike that PL created in Volume 4 and also got an appearance in the 2k3 series:

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/a/a4/TMNT_Super_Turtles_M.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130722144844

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/5/58/TMNT_Reality_02.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130722144832

https://blog-001.west.edge.storage-yahoo.jp/res/blog-3b-4f/hetalia717/folder/1023654/76/33107276/img_0?1372412311

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nGys6KxzsCQ/hqdefault.jpg

Some of you should brush up on your TMNT history and lore.

GoldMutant
06-24-2017, 11:59 AM
To be honest Mike getting electricity powers is a lot less jarring when you realize it was a homage to Shellectro, the Super-Turtle Mike that PL created in Volume 4 and also got an appearance in the 2k3 series:

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/a/a4/TMNT_Super_Turtles_M.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130722144844

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/5/58/TMNT_Reality_02.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130722144832

https://blog-001.west.edge.storage-yahoo.jp/res/blog-3b-4f/hetalia717/folder/1023654/76/33107276/img_0?1372412311

You need to brush up. Shellectro is Don's Super Turtle counterpart, not Mikey's. His being Blobboid.

Ninjinister
06-24-2017, 01:04 PM
You need to brush up. Shellectro is Don's Super Turtle counterpart, not Mikey's. His being Blobboid.

I don't think any of them were direct counterparts at all. The only connection any of those Turtles had with one of the mainstream ones, is that they had the same voices in the 2003 series as one of the others. I don't recall personality traits or anything else paralleling any individual turtle in the Mirage books or 2003. The only other thing I could think of where they would have been equated is one of the failed pitches for the final season of 4Kids' series ("SuperQuest", I think).

So yeah I don't know if Laird had any direct equivalents in mind when working them into the comic, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had different counterparts or none at all in another continuity.

ssjup81
06-24-2017, 07:34 PM
Well, I can finally give my full opinion about these two eps. I really enjoyed them. The pacing was okay for me, it was nice to see Sal Commander and Mona again too. I'm also glad that we got to see the Newtralizer. As I mentioned elsewhere, I was surprised that Newtralizer was never brought up during the space arc...even as a throw-a-way line. "Hey, we met a dude back on our planet like you. That dude was bad news."

While watching, I was wishing that Slash could've been in it, but I know they already had a full cast of characters and sets, so yeah. Still felt weird not seeing Casey for this type of episode, especially since Casey was around for the first one, and his exploding puck was the main thing that helped to defeat him.

I loved Raph for this episode. He was so adorable! I also liked how he punched off Bishop's head. I was waiting for something to happen to Bishop, but not that. lol

It was nice to see the Utrom Council again, but what's her face getting her head knocked off every time is getting a tad old for a gag. Let me rephrase, anything that's Irma connected getting its head knocked off is getting tiresome. :P lol

Mikey's powers, I didn't mind so much....I just wish it would've been explained. I wish Donatello could've been the one to see it and give a theory on it. I saw Andre's review, and he pointed out the similarities to Static Shock and how that guy got his powers. I remember the show and character, but never watched it. What do you guys think?

I was kind of surprised that Karai didn't use her snake form at all, given all the bugs that were in it. Seems it would've been easier to tear through them...maybe.

Oh, something I did have a problem with. Newtralizer's motivations here. Why was he killing the Utroms? Killing off the Kraang made sense as they imprisoned him. Bishop mentioned brainwashing, but it was never expanded on. I would've preferred if Newtralizer just see Kraang and Utroms as the same thing and just held prejudice against all of them based on that.

Okay, so yeah...that's about all I can say about the episode. Was fun.

ToTheNines
06-25-2017, 07:02 AM
I don't think any of them were direct counterparts at all. The only connection any of those Turtles had with one of the mainstream ones, is that they had the same voices in the 2003 series as one of the others. I don't recall personality traits or anything else paralleling any individual turtle in the Mirage books or 2003. The only other thing I could think of where they would have been equated is one of the failed pitches for the final season of 4Kids' series ("SuperQuest", I think).

So yeah I don't know if Laird had any direct equivalents in mind when working them into the comic, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had different counterparts or none at all in another continuity.

If you read Tales #47, it's obvious that Graviturtle was the leader and Gridex was the bruiser. The other two were less clear, but I'd say Bloboid had the better vocabulary and Shellectro was kinda goofy.

Plus as Fantastic Four analogues, Ralph and Leo are again obvious, with Bloboid being Reed/Don and Shellectro being Johnny but with electricity instead of fire.

But still, it's not abundantly clear and they were flipped in 4kids. Plus I guarantee the Nick writers did not have an esoteric parody universe in mind when writing this one. Chalking it up as another case of cubed showing his ass.

CyberCubed
06-25-2017, 12:08 PM
Do people find it unlikely Ciro either read through the Mirage comics (which we know he did), or came across the Super Turtles episode in 4kids Season 3, given we know he probably had to as they came across Bishop who didn't debut until Season 3 of 4kids and wouldn't have included him in Nick otherwise.

The Nick cartoon has tons of homages to old TMNT universes in general.

ToTheNines
06-25-2017, 12:26 PM
I know for a fact that he hasn't seen all of the 4kids show, and Donnie was Shellectro there anyways. Not Mikey.

I also am pretty sure he's not read every issue of Tales v2 or volume 4. Even if he had, they were extremely forgettable appearances from the super turtles.

BubblyShell22
06-25-2017, 03:19 PM
Really liked this episode and thought it was good for a two-parter. I had a feeling that Mona would stay with Raph in some way. Nice to know that Newtralizer was the one who took out Sal's eye and isn't some jilted boyfriend of Mona's as I know a lot of fans were speculating. Loved everything else about it though I agree that while Mikey's powers weren't bad, I did get a bit confused on the whole idea that he would die if he overloaded yet they used a weapon on him that was supposed to get rid of Newtralizer and yet it didn't kill Mikey but just stopped his powers. Other than that, a pretty good episode I'd say.

Ninjinister
06-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Nick needs to get its act together

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4215/35512669086_d9051f95b2_b.jpg

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/tv/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/8d6kgwzl5z5t

There's no reason there should be any vendor they haven't updated after this long.

DestronMirage22
06-26-2017, 02:35 PM

There is no way at all that was an homage to that guy. They wouldn't have the knowledge to make a reference to something that obscure.

It was most likely them just adding in something they thought would be cool or whatever.

oldmanwinters
06-26-2017, 02:41 PM
There is no way at all that was an homage to that guy. They wouldn't have the knowledge to make a reference to something that obscure.

It was most likely them just adding in something they thought would be cool or whatever.

I'd be inclined to agree with you except for the fact that "Shellectro" and the rest of the Mirage Super Turtles were recently immortalized as Heroclix figurines.

Ninjinister
06-26-2017, 02:50 PM

They called a character Spider Bytez. That was 100 times more obscure than the Super Turtles.

CyberCubed
06-26-2017, 04:23 PM
And as said, the Super Turtles also appeared in an episode of the 4kids cartoon. It's not like they're just from some obscure Mirage comics.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
06-26-2017, 09:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N9ucf99kjo&t=26s

Check out my review of "When Worlds Collide"!:tgrin:

Prototype
07-01-2017, 03:54 AM
Mona and Raph reunite and the scene shifts to Karai who says how she can't believe that Raph has the hots for a Salamandrian. Cue Leo getting a wide eyed look, shifting a bit and elbowing Karai while saying: "I know, he got weird taste, right?" and Leo's smiling at her while saying that.

My response to Karai's expression is best portrayed with these dudes:

https://i.warosu.org/data/cgl/img/0079/82/1418117157720.jpg

Powder
07-01-2017, 04:40 AM
"Sexual undertones"

Stop.

Prototype
07-01-2017, 09:08 AM
"Sexual undertones"

Stop.

That's the beauty of subtle sexual innuendos, you don't notice them. It's subliminal humor for us adults.

You will understand in due time.

In the low rent community and colourfull trailer parks that kind of talk ("Just because I like you, it doesn't mean I'll go easy on you." etc) is the equivalent to stupid upper class phrases like "do you have protection" (whatever that is).

FredWolfLeonardo
07-01-2017, 12:22 PM
(facepalm)

Ninjinister
07-01-2017, 01:56 PM

In the low rent community and colourfull trailer parks that kind of talk ("Just because I like you, it doesn't mean I'll go easy on you." etc) is the equivalent to stupid upper class phrases like "do you have protection" (whatever that is).

Please be Poe please be Poe please be Poe

Powder
07-01-2017, 03:11 PM
That's the beauty of subtle sexual innuendos, you don't notice them. It's subliminal humor for us adults.

"Us adults" says the guy who looks for shipping fodder in a kids show & has a disgusting/sexist comment in his sig... :trolleye:

ToTheNines
07-01-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm one of the biggest perverts here, and even I didn't see anything dirty there. They were literally fu*king sparring when she said that.

ssjup81
07-01-2017, 03:43 PM
I'm one of the biggest perverts here, and even I didn't see anything dirty there. They were literally fu*king sparring when she said that.Yeah...I viewed it at face value and literally. They're friends. She wasn't going to go easy on him or hold back because of that.

Prototype
07-01-2017, 05:07 PM
They were literally fu*king

:roll:

Yeah...I viewed it at face value and literally. They're friends.

Oh and here I was thinking Leo had some ambiguously amorous feelings for her, at least at some point. How dumb of me, that's of course impossible, for some reason.

She wasn't going to go easy on him or hold back because of that.

Stay abstinent long enough and everything will sound like a metaphor for intercourse.

GoldMutant
07-01-2017, 05:14 PM
:roll:

Oh and here I was thinking Leo had some ambiguously amorous feelings for her, at least at some point. How dumb of me, that's of course impossible, for some reason.

Stay abstinent long enough and everything will sound like a metaphor for intercourse.

1. Congrats on cherrypicking Nines' words. :roll:

2. Rewatch Broken Foot. Leo directly said the flirting tricks aren't working anymore.

3. Again, cherrypicking things to prove a point.

4. Stating in your first post to "remain mature," yet you're the one instigating it when we were mostly having a mature discussion on the episode. (Even if I like Regular Show with the image in your first post)

Prototype
07-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Geez.. you guys are really not very hard to set off. :ohwell:

2. Rewatch Broken Foot. Leo directly said the flirting tricks aren't working anymore.

Sounds familiar. But hey, what if someone would say something, without really being honest when saying it. You know...like a deception wrapped in words or something. :teek:

4. Stating in your first post to "remain mature," yet you're the one instigating it when we were mostly having a mature discussion on the episode. (Even if I like Regular Show with the image in your first post)

Man that show.. it grew on me to the point where it became on of my all time favorite cartoons.

ssjup81
07-02-2017, 02:08 AM
Oh and here I was thinking Leo had some ambiguously amorous feelings for her, at least at some point. How dumb of me, that's of course impossible, for some reason. I was referring to Karai, actually. I just didn't view anything during that sparring scene as "shippy" or "flirty". They are first, and foremost, friends. Friends who both trained in martial arts who were sparring together.Stay abstinent long enough and everything will sound like a metaphor for intercourse.I'm in Japan, btw. I know about being "abstinent" but I still didn't view it as a flirty line since they are friends first. "Intercourse" never even popped into mind for me.2. Rewatch Broken Foot. Leo directly said the flirting tricks aren't working anymore.I thought he said, "this time".:P:lol:

Faster and Cheaper
07-15-2017, 03:46 PM
This episode for team Rahzar is later in the production pipeline but Nick moved it up for marketing reasons for future episodes. So my team and team Leo are the beneficiaries of that decision. This episode my team really hit the ground running since we all learned a lot from our first episode. And aside from one set, everything worked out from a technical standpoint. The future would be less kind but I'll tell you guys that story for another day...

Pretty cool to have all these different characters from the different adventures all in one two part episode. I had a lot of fun working with pretty much all of them. My main segments were when Mona and Sal talking in the cockpit and her daydreaming, the Bishop vs Newtralizer one on one fight, the soldiers repelling, and Raf shooting the big gun at newt. Among other stuff.

It's just one big old monster mash episode as Newt is just wrecking stuff in nyc or dimension x. The salamandrians and the EDF, and then Dregg shows up with his bugs. And lightning powers. It was quite the spectacle

FredWolfLeonardo
07-15-2017, 03:51 PM
This episode for team Rahzar is later in the production pipeline but Nick moved it up for marketing reasons for future episodes. So my team and team Leo are the beneficiaries of that decision. This episode my team really hit the ground running since we all learned a lot from our first episode. And aside from one set, everything worked out from a technical standpoint. The future would be less kind but I'll tell you guys that story for another day...

Pretty cool to have all these different characters from the different adventures all in one two part episode. I had a lot of fun working with pretty much all of them. My main segments were when Mona and Sal talking in the cockpit and her daydreaming, the Bishop vs Newtralizer one on one fight, the soldiers repelling, and Raf shooting the big gun at newt. Among other stuff.

It's just one big old monster mash episode as Newt is just wrecking stuff in nyc or dimension x. The salamandrians and the EDF, and then Dregg shows up with his bugs. And lightning powers. It was quite the spectacle

Nice to hear your input, its always appreciated :)

I enjoyed this two parter immensely, and I'm beginning to see why Ciro said season 5 was his favourite season of the show.