PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Among Top Ten License for Kids

Cure
06-20-2017, 04:51 PM
PLEASE NOTE THIS LIST IS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/KevMan87/img_zps7bzqtcs5.png

Pretty good for them. They're up there with Star Wars and Pokemon and Batmang himself. You go get yours, Ninja Turtles.

source (https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/us/news/press-releases/2017/toys-and-technology-drive-licensed-sales-for-kids-in-the-us-npd-finds/)

Also, I apologize if someone has posted this elsewhere.

Powder
06-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Another notch in the Cemented In Pop Culture History Forever belt. :tcool:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-20-2017, 04:55 PM
That is awesome.

DestronMirage22
06-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Cool! :)
______

TurtleWA
06-20-2017, 04:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/KevMan87/img_zps7bzqtcs5.png

Pretty good for them. They're up there with Star Wars and Pokemon and Batmang himself. You go get yours, Ninja Turtles.

source (https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/us/news/press-releases/2017/toys-and-technology-drive-licensed-sales-for-kids-in-the-us-npd-finds/)

Also, I apologize if someone has posted this elsewhere.

What place does it show number ten? I'm missing something. Thought the picture was alphabetical order and not in specific order of highest selling license.

MikeandRaph87
06-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Call of Duty is that popular especially among kids? Wow, I would not have ever guessed that!

I expected to see Spider-Man up there since averaged a film every three years the last fifteen. So I am surprised for one property to be included and another not. Either way its great for the Ninja Turtles property. Now if it could climb up a place or two.

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Call of Duty in second...for a license for kids of all things. What the hell.

When I was a kid I was playing Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Megaman and Pokemon. Kids these days are playing violent first person shooters with blood, death and violence. No wonder today's youth is so different than ours.

Plus Call of Duty is rated M, stores are not supposed to sell M rated games to minors. I know their parents can buy the game for them, but it's sad.

Cure
06-20-2017, 04:59 PM
What place does it show number ten? I'm missing something. Thought the picture was alphabetical order and not in specific order of highest selling license.

Oh yeah, you're right. My mistake. So it can be any number, I guess. I changed the title of the thread.

TurtleWA
06-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah, you're right. My mistake. So it can be any number, I guess. I changed the title of the thread.

Oh bummer. I wish I knew now what number TMNT is. It says Paw patrol is #1 in toys when I follow link and Frozen is #1 across all all industries.

TurtleWA
06-20-2017, 05:08 PM

When I was a kid I was playing Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Megaman and Pokemon. Kids these days are playing violent first person shooters with blood, death and violence. No wonder today's youth is so different than ours.

Plus Call of Duty is rated M, stores are not supposed to sell M rated games to minors. I know their parents can buy the game for them, but it's sad.

Ages 13-14 for video games if I read the chart correct when following the source link. But really not confident in my interpretation of said chart.

Cure
06-20-2017, 05:08 PM

Oh, please. You know Mortal Kombat was also a huge thing when you were a kid with all the controversy. Different generations are more alike than you think.

Also, a store can choose not to sell those games to minors, you're right, but there's no law or anything saying they can't. Ratings are suggestions.

Oh bummer. I wish I knew now what number TMNT is. It says Paw patrol is #1 in toys when I follow link and Frozen is #1 across all all industries.

Sure, but it's impressive nonetheless.

TurtleWA
06-20-2017, 05:10 PM
Oh, please. You know Mortal Kombat was also a huge thing when you were a kid with all the controversy. Different generations are more alike than you think.

Also, a store can choose not to sell those games to minors, you're right, but there's no law or anything saying they can't. Ratings are suggestions.

Sure, but it's impressive nonetheless.

Yes, true. I like looking at these sorts of things, thanks for posting. :)

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Mortal Kombat violence especially in the SNES/Genesis era was far less violence than realistic first person shooters. The fatalities in the old 2D Mortal Kombats always bordered on comical, especially with the animalities, babalities, etc.

I mean I played Goldeneye on N64 as a 12-13 year old, but compare FPS back then to FPS games now. Goldeneye has people who look like blobs and the violence of seeing characters shot is not the same as now.

ToTheNines
06-20-2017, 05:24 PM
That's cool :) Thanks for sharing, my dude.

Only shocker on the list to me is Star Wars being that low.

GoldMutant
06-20-2017, 05:30 PM
The only one I'm surprised of on the list is Paw Patrol. I would've thought it'd be something else, like WWE or Marvel.

Either way, excellent news on TMNT merchandise! :)

Cure
06-20-2017, 05:31 PM
That's cool :) Thanks for sharing, my dude.

Only shocker on the list to me is Star Wars being that low.

The list is alphabetical. I made the same mistake, haha.

Utrommaniac
06-20-2017, 05:32 PM
I'm calling shenanigans on CoD being more popular than Minecraft and Nintendo...and also giving the stinkeye to the parents who let this happen.

CyberCubed
06-20-2017, 06:04 PM
Does Mario include stuff outside the games, like the Amiibo's and toys and T-shirts and merch and stuff? Or is it strictly counting videogames?

TurtleWA
06-20-2017, 06:21 PM
According to the source 14% of all products are purchased by grandparents. 52% of purchases are driven by the child's request.

IndigoErth
06-20-2017, 07:02 PM
Niceee! :D Can't keep those guys down. At least not for too long.

Prowler
06-21-2017, 06:10 AM
Does Mario include stuff outside the games, like the Amiibo's and toys and T-shirts and merch and stuff? Or is it strictly counting videogames?

Mario would be top 10 regardless, I bet.

I'm calling shenanigans on CoD being more popular than Minecraft and Nintendo...and also giving the stinkeye to the parents who let this happen.
If people still play CS after all these years I'm not surprised they still play COD.

Zulithe
06-21-2017, 06:34 AM
Call of Duty is above all of the marvel characters? Those are enormously popular.

Do today's kids even know who Mickey Mouse even is?

List seems weird to me.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Of course they know who Mickey is. Disney (and the Mickey Mouse Club) is still a thing. Pretty popular with younger kids in fact. Little girls wear Minnie Mouse shirts and stuff all the time.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Where's Spiderman? He was so popular just a few years ago.

neatoman
06-21-2017, 05:32 PM
Where's Spiderman? He was so popular just a few years ago.

Ultimate Spider-Man sucked so hard nobody wanted to buy it's merch.

06-21-2017, 05:35 PM
Also, it feels the Transformers are missing.

CyberCubed
06-21-2017, 05:56 PM
Too bad Dragonball toys aren't sold in the U.S. anymore, it used to dominate merchandize sales in the early/mid 2000's.

Prowler
06-21-2017, 06:17 PM
Too bad Dragonball toys aren't sold in the U.S. anymore, it used to dominate merchandize sales in the early/mid 2000's.
Anime series, even the most popular ones, don't tend to have large toylines. Certainly not in the American action figure style. Anime is mo

CyberCubed
06-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Anime series, even the most popular ones, don't tend to have large toylines. Certainly not in the American action figure style. Anime is mo

There were tons of Dragonball Z figures made for the U.S. Jakks Pacific had a whole DBZ line of figures that went on for almost 10 years.

06-22-2017, 03:48 AM
I would like to see similair lists fro all years from 1970 and later.

DestronMirage22
06-22-2017, 08:29 AM

You didn't hear? They're making a comeback! :D
http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-dragon-ball-super-dragon-stars-highly-articulated-figures-bandai-america-242590
http://news.toyark.com/2017/06/16/dragon-ball-super-figures-bandai-us-hitting-stores-now-256497

Candy Kappa
06-22-2017, 08:38 AM

When the DBZ toys came to Norway, it made it on the news that a character was called Mr. Satan. Fun times, especially in the Bible Belt of the country. All figures was taken off the shelves so fast I didn't get to buy any figures :lol:

06-22-2017, 09:20 AM
How about simailair lists for other countries?