PDA

View Full Version : TMNT #71 preview & discussion

AlZarkovski
06-24-2017, 12:54 AM
Preview here (https://www.newsarama.com/35076-the-pantheon-returns-to-judge-the-turtles-in-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-71.html).

DestronMirage22
06-24-2017, 01:02 AM
Jagwar's shaping up to be a good reimagining, and I'm liking the lack of turtles so far. Can't wait for it to come out so we can finally learn more about the whole Pantheon.

CyberCubed
06-24-2017, 03:02 AM
Toad Baron is shaping up to be one of my favorite new characters. He's pretty amusing to watch and read his dialogue.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Toad Baron is awesome.

And Rat King is still eating his pets, I see... although I wish I hadn't. :teek: :tlol:

neatoman
06-24-2017, 11:47 AM
I like Jagwar's design.

ProphetofGanja
06-24-2017, 11:50 AM
Super excited to see all the new Pantheon members, especially Squid Guy

Utrommaniac
06-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Oh, sweet Alberto :lol: .

This is going to be a pretty fun issue.

neatoman
06-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Squid Guy

Dr Octopus expy?

TigerClaw
06-24-2017, 02:38 PM
Jagwar looks cool!

https://img.purch.com/o/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC 8yMDEvNzQyL29yaWdpbmFsL1RNTlRfNzFfNy5qcGc=

funatic
06-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Is that a TURTLE SHELL on Jagwar's shoulder? :teek: or maybe the body of a horseshoe crab??

TigerClaw
06-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Is that a TURTLE SHELL on Jagwar's shoulder? :teek: or maybe the body of a horseshoe crab??
Looks more like a Seashell.

Utrommaniac
06-24-2017, 03:26 PM
It's definitely a turtle shell. She wouldn't have horseshoe crabs or sea shells in the jungle.

But how about Toad Baron sticking the sword in the umbrella stand :lol: ?

TigerClaw
06-24-2017, 05:18 PM
I hope Jaqwar is on the good side, Jagwar was one of the original Mutanimals.

Utrommaniac
06-24-2017, 05:27 PM
I just noticed Toad Baron referred to Atlantis as thrice drowned. What's up with that?

neatoman
06-24-2017, 05:45 PM
I just noticed Toad Baron referred to Atlantis as thrice drowned. What's up with that?

If it's a reference to TMNT, first thing that comes to mind are that the FW cartoon had two contradictory depiction of atlantis and the 4Kids show had a version underneath NYC. Possible that we'll somehow see all three?

CyberCubed
06-24-2017, 05:46 PM
Atlantis was also in Archie where Merdude debuted.

Perhaps we will see Merdude in this series as well. We could use more aquatic mutants.

ProphetofGanja
06-24-2017, 09:54 PM
Atlantis was also in Archie where Merdude debuted.

Perhaps we will see Merdude in this series as well. We could use more aquatic mutants.

I really hope they don't introduce a character named "Merdude" in this series

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-24-2017, 10:04 PM
LOVE Jagwar's design and personality, and toad baron is hilarious.

Really looking forward to this.

CyberCubed
06-24-2017, 10:23 PM
I really hope they don't introduce a character named "Merdude" in this series

Merdude was Michelangelo's name for him. In both the original cartoon and Archie, he had a unique Atlantean name before Michelangelo started calling him that.

Utrommaniac
06-24-2017, 10:29 PM
So, has anyone noticed that Rat King is the only one of the Pantheon that has colored text bubbles?

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-24-2017, 10:45 PM
Merdude was Michelangelo's name for him. In both the original cartoon and Archie, he had a unique Atlantean name before Michelangelo started calling him that.

Alim Celocanth in Fred Wolf.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Finally. FINALLY. FINALLY we know Kitsune's plan!!!!!!

I like it. As I like the rest of the Pantheon...

Gothano and Manmoth. Jagwar is less interesting, just because "honorable warrior" is all too familiar. But I'm disappointed to see that there is no snake member like that one panel in Casey & April led us to believe. :tsad:
And dammit, IDW Michelangelo is now almost as big a screw-up as Nick Michelangelo. :trolleye: :tlol:

ChosenOne
06-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Oooh, boy! What an issue! Kitsune's big master plan was finally revealed!

I had an inkling it would go something like this (I even asked Bobby a question in his thread that would confirm my suspicions a while back, I was only off in thinking the Dragon Warrior was Kitsune's spouse and not her/their father) and it's safe to say that things are about to kick into high gear with the Pantheon plot now! Not just because of the cliffhanger in this issue, but it's looking very likely that Saki will be brought back before #100. I don't think Kitsune's plan will work out the way she intends, though, because of his own personality and the way he made peace with Yoshi before he died. We'll see...

The new Pantheon members are a LOT of fun!

On the one hand, I'm dying to see Manmoth in a fight. On the other hand, I have no friggin' clue how the Turtles will be even remotely able to handle him, considering they've always been stomped in battle by these powerhouse brute types and he seems more powerful than any others they've faced.

Can #72 come out next week? Pretty please? :D

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Oooh, boy! What an issue! Kitsune's big master plan was finally revealed!

I had an inkling it would go something like this (I even asked Bobby a question in his thread that would confirm my suspicions a while back, I was only off in thinking the Dragon Warrior was Kitsune's spouse and not her/their father) and it's safe to say that things are about to kick into high gear with the Pantheon plot now! Not just because of the cliffhanger in this issue, but it's looking very likely that Saki will be brought back before #100. I don't think Kitsune's plan will work out the way she intends, though, because of his own personality and the way he made peace with Yoshi before he died. We'll see...

The new Pantheon members are a LOT of fun!

On the one hand, I'm dying to see Manmoth in a fight. On the other hand, I have no friggin' clue how the Turtles will be even remotely able to handle him, considering they've always been stomped in battle by these powerhouse brute types and he seems more powerful than any others they've faced.

Can #72 come out next week? Pretty please? :D

Yeah, I'm super excited to see where Kitsune's plan goes over the next >25 issues!

And I just wanna see what Gothano looks like without the hood. :tgrin:

ChosenOne
06-28-2017, 10:25 AM
I'm not so sure if the hood comes off... If it does and we never see him without it, hey, the guy is the keeper of secrets after all! :lol:

I can't help but be reminded of The Addams Family's Cousin Itt, though.

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-28-2017, 10:33 AM
So, it looks like we've seen the IDW version of dragon Lord. (I don't care if he's called that in comic, he's a dragon, and he's a Lord) looking forward to seeing where this goes next.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 10:35 AM
So, it looks like we've seen the IDW version of dragon Lord. (I don't care if he's called that in comic, he's a dragon, and he's a Lord) looking forward to seeing where this goes next.

Tom and Bobby have successfully revitalized my interest in the Pantheon. :tcool:

Wasn't actually expecting to actually have Kitsune straight-up blurt out her secret plan... or for everyone to laugh at her! :tlol:

ChosenOne
06-28-2017, 10:40 AM
After rereading through the reveal of the plan and the reactions from the other Pantheon members, it looks to me like not all of them will be on board with Kitsune's goal.

Aka, Toad Baron and Manmoth didn't seem to care all that much for the plan, and Jagwar might be swayed against it by the events of next issue. Gothano seems largely neutral so far, so we'll see which side he ends up on.

I expect some of them will actively help the Turtles against Kitsune, not just Aka.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 10:42 AM
After rereading through the reveal of the plan and the reactions from the other Pantheon members, it looks to me like not all of them will be on board with Kitsune's goal.

Aka, Toad Baron and Manmoth didn't seem to care all that much for the plan, and Jagwar might be swayed against it by the events of next issue. Gothano seems largely neutral so far, so we'll see which side he ends up on.

I expect some of them will actively help the Turtles against Kitsune, not just Aka.

I think it's too soon to say... I'd say we can look to their motivations to better understand where they might align.

Manmoth cares about survival; Rat King cares about chaos... those two are gonna end up opposed, it seems, just based on the fact that chaos usually threatens survival.

ChosenOne
06-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Regarding the Pantheon members' motivations, we don't yet know what happened to the Dragon Warrior the first time around. Who's to say he wasn't Chi-You'd by one or more of his children? And that said children might not want him back at all? It was said that his time is gone, but technically so is his children's, and they're still around... So something else had to happen there that took him off the board. Kitsune is the only one committed to the plan, heck, I can even imagine Rat King standing against her if push came to shove.

They each want to rule unopposed and do their own thing, not have "Daddy" breathing down their necks... At the very least, Aka will side with Turtles. Manmoth and Jagwar might be swayed or impressed by their honorable principles and martial skill in #72, and Toad Baron mostly just wants to party. If his one-panel depiction in this issue is anything to go by, I imagine the Dragon Warrior being more akin to Kavaxas from the Nick cartoon, ie, not caring about much other than conquest and doom and gloom and death and fire and brimstone, yada, yada, yada.

There will definitely be a split in opinions regarding his return.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Regarding the Pantheon members' motivations, we don't yet know what happened to the Dragon Warrior the first time around. Who's to say he wasn't Chi-You'd by one or more of his children? And that said children might not want him back at all? It was said that his time is gone, but technically so is his children's, and they're still around... So something else had to happen there that took off the board. Kitsune is the only one committed to the plan, heck, I can even imagine Rat King standing against her if push came to shove.

They each want to rule unopposed and do their own thing, not have "Daddy" breathing down their necks... At the very least, Aka will side with Turtles. Manmoth and Jagwar might be swayed or impressed by their honorable principles and martial skill in #72, and Toad Baron mostly just wants to party. If his one-panel depiction in this issue is anything to go by, I imagine the Dragon Warrior being more akin to Kavaxas from the Nick cartoon, ie, not caring about much other than conquest and doom and gloom and death and fire and brimstone, yada, yada, yada.

There will definitely be a split in opinions regarding his return.

True, true. I wonder if Karai's Path will tie into this at all? That one cover looks quite similar....

ProphetofGanja
06-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Finally. FINALLY. FINALLY we know Kitsune's plan!!!!!!

I like it. As I like the rest of the Pantheon...

Gothano and Manmoth. Jagwar is less interesting, just because "honorable warrior" is all too familiar. But I'm disappointed to see that there is no snake member like that one panel in Casey & April led us to believe. :tsad:
And dammit, IDW Michelangelo is now almost as big a screw-up as Nick Michelangelo. :trolleye: :tlol:

Same in regards to the disappointment regarding the lack of that hypothesized Pantheon member... but then again, maybe they were a member and were killed by a sibling?

But yeah overall, very cool issue! Although goddammit Mikey, be quiet!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Reading it again, soaking up the art and the little details... Manmoth is definitely a hit with me. "Waste not, want not."

It occurs to me, why does the Pantheon NEED to...

... bring back the Dragon? Perhaps because the Pantheon rebelled against him, working together to vanquish him and rule over creation themselves? :twink: Oh, and I bet the way they did it was by manipulating humanity to rise up against him en masse!!! Thus the continuing rules of the Pantheon's game!!!

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-28-2017, 11:39 AM
Reading it again, soaking up the art and the little details... Manmoth is definitely a hit with me. "Waste not, want not."

It occurs to me, why does the Pantheon NEED to...

... bring back the Dragon? Perhaps because the Pantheon rebelled against him, working together to vanquish him and rule over creation themselves? :twink: Oh, and I bet the way they did it was by manipulating humanity to rise up against him en masse!!! Thus the continuing rules of the Pantheon's game!!!

Taking that into account, I wonder if stories such as the Olympians overthrowing the titans, and the Asgardians overthrowing the Jountus, might be based on the pantheon's revolt.

Utrommaniac
06-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Oh look. Another father. I mean, great twist, but really?
One more set of characters with Daddy Issues??? Especially on Kitsune's part,
since she's the only one who seems to want the Dragon back. But come on! Will it kill to have mothers that aren't dead/oddly absent?

Though, the part I find interesting is not because she wants whatever power he might have had, but because she thought it could make her family whole.
So at least there's that.

Extra thoughts:

Who/What/Where is the Pantheon Mother? Seriously, all those things? Maybe the snake?
I love Alfonso and Bob
Happy that Aka and Toad Baraon get along pretty well; at least they're not all at each other's throats.
Of course his name is Gothano :lol: !
Is anyone else bothered by the Mammoth eating meat???
Something seems a little creepy about Kitsune using her lover to resurrect her father, unless she was using marriage as a tactic for loyalty to her
Conveniently no mention that she was working with Krang; she absolutely knows where Chi-Yu went, but it would wreck things if she said.
I'm definitely going to peg some of Utrominion's downfall on Kitsune, as if she relied on it to collapse in order to get what she wants.
What is the meaning of "true children of the Pantheon" in regards to the mutants?
Get some living and present mothers in this story, for heaven's sake!!!

myconius
06-28-2017, 12:43 PM

it's not Mikey's fault.

the rats were probably just attracted to the Pizza cheese on his breath :lol:

i really loved Rat King in this issue!!
the guy exudes personality! :D

CyberCubed
06-28-2017, 12:46 PM

Technically the Warrior Dragon would be more in line with the Archie version, aka Hothead:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iuO1cg3NuZc/TiOV9SyOe0I/AAAAAAAAGZg/B2tWlhbTwgA/s1600/Slash05.jpg

Granted I think their Dragon spirit will be a new/unique character, but in Archie the spirit of the warrior dragon was in Chu Hsi.

Given all the Archie characters added recently like Dreadmon, Jagwar, Manmoth and soon Malinga and Stump, etc...it's more likely.

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Technically the Warrior Dragon would be more in line with the Archie version, aka Hothead:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iuO1cg3NuZc/TiOV9SyOe0I/AAAAAAAAGZg/B2tWlhbTwgA/s1600/Slash05.jpg

Granted I think their Dragon spirit will be a new/unique character, but in Archie the spirit of the warrior dragon was in Chu Hsi.

Given all the Archie characters added recently like Dreadmon, Jagwar, Manmoth and soon Malinga and Stump, etc...it's more likely.

Except warrior dragon isn't evil, dragon lord is. AND NICK MIKEY CALLING KEVEXAS HOTHEAD DOESN'T COUNT!

neatoman
06-28-2017, 01:02 PM

Hrm-hrm, did you forget she wanted to use Shredder?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140111201623/tmnt/de/images/a/a8/TMNT_Demon_Shredder_Dragon_Avatar.jpg

CyberCubed
06-28-2017, 01:04 PM
She wants to use Shredder as the vessel, but the spirit of the warrior dragon would be her father.

Wouldn't that just make Oroku Saki an empty shell/possessed?

ChosenOne
06-28-2017, 01:06 PM
She wants to use Shredder as the vessel, but the spirit of the warrior dragon would be her father.

Wouldn't that just make Oroku Saki an empty shell/possessed?

Maybe it would be a Jekyll/Hyde situation like the Warrior Dragon in Archie?

CyberCubed
06-28-2017, 01:08 PM
Maybe it would be a Jekyll/Hyde situation like the Warrior Dragon in Archie?

Yeah, that's why I mentioned him. I mean it's obvious all the Pantheon isn't evil, Aka seems noble, and probably Jagwar as well. Probably even Toad Baron.

The only real troublemakers seem to be Kitsune and Rat King, and Chi-you. I guess the jury is still out on Manmoth and the other guy.

ChosenOne
06-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Yeah, that's why I mentioned him. I mean it's obvious all the Pantheon isn't evil, Aka seems noble, and probably Jagwar as well. Probably even Toad Baron.

The only real troublemakers seem to be Kitsune and Rat King, and Chi-you. I guess the jury is still out on Manmoth and the other guy.

Manmoth seems likely to warm up to the Turtles, and Gothano just seems neutral. Like he's there to observe and learn stuff, not to interfere all that much.

I'm willing to bet that Kitsune succeeds in carrying out her plan, but in the end Saki's humanity (and again, the way he made peace with Yoshi before his death) will be pivotal to bringing her down for good.

Shargor
06-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Absolutely fantastic issue.

So, can we assume, that if Father is Dragon, then mother is Phoenix?

http://rgho.st/65VDlpgTF/image.png

And, I know, that it's pretty far-fetched, but what if Tang Shen is that Phoenix? Given how powerful and inspirational she is in the minds of her sons and husband and that her family was literally reborn like Phoenix.

Utrommaniac
06-28-2017, 01:28 PM
OH GOD did that click! Yeah, the Pantheon mother is definitely the Phoenix.

Also, how does the dragon & fox pairing make sense to Splinter? Surely the Phoenix would make sense for him?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Absolutely fantastic issue.

So, can we assume, that if Father is Dragon, then mother is Phoenix?

http://rgho.st/65VDlpgTF/image.png

And, I know, that it's pretty far-fetched, but what if Tang Shen is that Phoenix? Given how powerful and inspirational she is in the minds of her sons and husband and that her family was literally reborn like Phoenix.

I believe the Phoenix symbolically stood for Hamato Yoshi and his four sons. That's been my interpretation, and I see no reason to change it yet...

Manmoth seems likely to warm up to the Turtles, and Gothano just seems neutral. Like he's there to observe and learn stuff, not to interfere all that much.

I'm willing to bet that Kitsune succeeds in carrying out her plan, but in the end Saki's humanity (and again, the way he made peace with Yoshi before his death) will be pivotal to bringing her down for good.

That's exactly how I see it going down. I'm just not sure how Kitsune will get her hands/paws back on Saki's body...

Y'know, Saki is kind of similar to Anakin Skywalker; innocent in childhood but corrupted to become a scourge and a menace, then redeemed by his former foes and realigned on the side of righteousness before a heroic end.

Toad Baron is not evil; Toad Baron is AWESOME! :tparty:

Utrommaniac
06-28-2017, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure she's missing the head, not the body.

I didn't really think of Saki as being like Anakin, especially since he was basically doomed to this path since before he was born - and intentionally doomed. But that is a pretty good point. Too bad he has no true "Luke" to follow up on him, unless that ends up being Karai.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 01:50 PM
I'm pretty sure she's missing the head, not the body.

I didn't really think of Saki as being like Anakin, especially since he was basically doomed to this path since before he was born - and intentionally doomed. But that is a pretty good point. Too bad he has no true "Luke" to follow up on him, unless that ends up being Karai.

You're right, wrong half of the decapitation on my part. :tlol:

And I'm no Star Wars geek, but haven't some takes on Anakin implied that he was predestined to fall to the Dark Side?

Hamato Yoshi is his Luke; a brother instead of a son.

ChosenOne
06-28-2017, 01:51 PM
The meaning of the painting seems fairly straightforward to me: the fox will bring the dragon back to life, with the phoenix representing death and resurrection like Kitsune says.

Doesn't necessarily mean there is a phoenix-themed "Pantheonista" out there, but it doesn't necessarily negate the presence of a mother somewhere in the equation either.

Tang-Shen being said mother would also bring a whole new meaning to the line "true children of the Pantheon"...

ProphetofGanja
06-28-2017, 01:55 PM
Yeah, as many questions as this issue answered it seems to raise even more

But it should be a long, fun trip getting to those answers

Utrommaniac
06-28-2017, 02:03 PM
OKAY, but...!

Let's list all the dead/missing mothers

Casey's mother (cancer)
Angel's mother (drunk driver)
Tang Shen (murder)
Krang's mother (absolutely no word what so ever; for all we know, Quanin could have given birth, but that doesn't really seem like something he'd do even if he could. And even with that in mind, there's still an absent parent; in most depictions, especially in Utrom Empire, Krang barely has any phenotype inheritance from Quanin. So he's gotta take after his mother.)
Saki's mother (Absolutely no word; I'm going to assume "died in childbirth")
Pantheon Mother (Absolutely no word)

So, what if Tang Shen isn't the only mother getting encompassed in the death/rebirth thing that might be going on?

Resurrecting through Tang Shen makes sense on the part of the turtles, but not for all the other mutants. They're connected through the mutagen, which comes from Utrominion Ooze, and I'm going to assume that a lot of it was fortified by the human DNA/"QNA" that Ma'riell collected from the recently killed Hamatos. While Shen's genetics would obviously be part of that, the samples didn't come directly from her.

CyberCubed
06-28-2017, 02:09 PM
If this is true, it does explain why Splinter's prayers that he and his sons be ressurrected thousands of years later actually happened. All this time we were just told to "go with it" and never got any real explanation why Splinter/Turtles were revived, and as animals of all things.

Tang Shen died before them, so if she became an immortal Pantheon member it would make sense why she granted her family another life.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Apropos of nothing, but thinking of reincarnation and Tang Shen, I wonder if we'll see that QNA teaser followed up in "Trial of Krang" in a few months?

ToTheNines
06-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Apropos of nothing, but thinking of reincarnation and Tang Shen, I wonder if we'll see that QNA teaser followed up in "Trial of Krang" in a few months?

I'm betting that #75 reveals what the QNA thing is all about.

I wonder if Gothano will end up bring tentacle bros with Krang and Ch'rell.

Utrommaniac
06-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Pretty soon we'll be breaking this out by then
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/524/tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

If we aren't already...

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-28-2017, 03:17 PM
I do agree, shredder just would've been the vessel for Kitsune's father's spirit, reborn.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 03:22 PM
I do agree, shredder just would've been the vessel for Kitsune's father's spirit, reborn.

One human meatsack is as good as another, though; there has to be a spiritual element to help tame/control the Dragon...

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-28-2017, 03:25 PM
One human meatsack is as good as another, though; there has to be a spiritual element to help tame/control the Dragon...

Argeed, but that begs the question; without shredder's skull, who will be dragon lord's vessel?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 03:41 PM
Argeed, but that begs the question; without shredder's skull, who will be dragon lord's vessel?

She gettin' that skull back.

I don't know how, but she gettin' that skull back.

Y'might say that Kitsune is...

<puts on sunglasses>

Bad to the bone!

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-28-2017, 03:51 PM
She gettin' that skull back.

I don't know how, but she gettin' that skull back.

Y'might say that Kitsune is...

<puts on sunglasses>

Bad to the bone!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

She might get it back, but what if she does go for another host for her father, instead? And even if she does get it back, I don't thing she's bringing Shredder's soul back to merge with daddy, that would be... waaay too Electra (Greek myth, I mean). It'll just be shredder's body.

myconius
06-28-2017, 03:59 PM
one of the things i really loved about this issue was how animated everything felt.

lent itself perfectly to the comedic timing. :)

....also, Rat King constantly calling out Kitsune about the disappearance of Chi-You was great! :lol:

CyberCubed
06-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Toad Baron might very well be the best new character IDW came up with. And he was only introduced very recently!

Utrommaniac
06-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Yeah, Toad Baron's pretty great. This issue, however, has made me all the more tempted to do a Wind and the Willows parody :lol: . Keep Toady away from vehicles :P .

We do know that Saki is pretty much destined for stuff in the afterlife. And with all that's being said, it probably makes sense that if the Dragon takes the body, then Saki's mind and soul probably won't be along for the ride.

neatoman
06-28-2017, 04:25 PM
I guess they're keeping the events of the Ghostbusters crossover vague in case they'll have to retcon it?

CyberCubed
06-28-2017, 04:27 PM
The ghostbuster issues were already collected twice, once in the regular IDW trades and then in the big new IDW trades. Even if IDW loses the Ghostbuster license in the future for a random reason, the stories should still count in canon.

TigerClaw
06-28-2017, 04:30 PM
I hope the next issues will give us a backstory for Jagwar, hopefully its like in the Archie comics.

neatoman
06-28-2017, 04:46 PM
Even if IDW loses the Ghostbuster license in the future for a random reason, the stories should still count in canon.

OK, what about reprints then? Are they really going to tell customers "go on eBay"?

I hope the next issues will give us a backstory for Jagwar, hopefully its like in the Archie comics.

They already contradicted Jagwar, Rat King and Manmoth's original backstories, so don't count it.
Even if they were to somehow were to keep the "mom got pregnant with a jaguar spirit and gave birth to a furry", would you really want a repeat of that?

TigerClaw
06-28-2017, 04:49 PM
OK, what about reprints then? Are they really going to tell customers "go on eBay"?

They already contradicted Jagwar, Rat King and Manmoth's original backstories, so don't count it.
Even if they were to somehow were to keep the "mom got pregnant with a jaguar spirit and gave birth to a furry", would you really want a repeat of that?

Yes I do! and there's nothing wrong with that origin.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 04:52 PM

Yes I do! and there's nothing wrong with that origin.
https://media.giphy.com/media/YPIrsRqqO7oB2/giphy.gif

Utrommaniac
06-28-2017, 05:06 PM
She'll probably share a backstory with her siblings. Dad's a dragon, mom's a phoenix. Not everyone gets along. She pretty much just shares a name with the original character, not a backstory.

Allio
06-28-2017, 05:08 PM
At the end of this day, Alberto gonna need some of that heavy stuff to forget it all.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 05:10 PM
Also, it seems we can kiss our majority theory regarding the Pantheon members directly correlating to the Chinese zodiac goodbye. :tsad:

Allio
06-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Pretty soon we'll be breaking this out by then
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/524/tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

If we aren't already...

Man, it would be my Toqger days when we were trying to figure out if the characters were dead or not.

neatoman
06-28-2017, 05:22 PM
She'll probably share a backstory with her siblings. Dad's a dragon, mom's a phoenix. Not everyone gets along. She pretty much just shares a name with the original character, not a backstory.

To be fair, the original character was rather bland. Not much to work with, just a guy casually throwing basic Spanish into otherwise English sentences (even though it should be Portuguese given that he's Brazilian).

Also, it seems we can kiss our majority theory regarding the Pantheon members directly correlating to the Chinese zodiac goodbye. :tsad:

Yeah, it might have been too many characters to juggle though? Either way, it would have been nice with a more connecting theme.

Technogeek29
06-28-2017, 05:31 PM
So are Rats a special delicacy? I'm I missing something here? These Pantheon guys may be on to something with how casual they ate them.

CyberCubed
06-28-2017, 06:31 PM
I like the fact that Kitsune is the youngest of the Pantheon, it makes her look like the spoiled little sister always getting into mischief to prove herself to her older siblings.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2017, 07:05 PM
I like the fact that Kitsune is the youngest of the Pantheon, it makes her look like the spoiled little sister always getting into mischief to prove herself to her older siblings.

Agreed. I also love how Rat King kept pushing her buttons.

RK is a tool... an entertaining, chaotic tool. :tlol:

DestronMirage22
06-28-2017, 07:21 PM
Stupid comic shop didn't get the issue AGAIN. :flaming:
I'm really tempted to read the spoilers, but don't at the same time. :(

MikeandRaph87
06-28-2017, 07:28 PM

True. I had the letter in Ninja Notes asking about that and the character focus rotation.

I am glad to finally see the Pantheon in full, aside from Chi Yu who is still stuck in the void. It appears with their conversation he could be brought back to help overpower their father.

myconius
06-28-2017, 08:03 PM

yeah i definitely found that very appropriate.

Kitsune, that petulant little spoiled brat. :lol:

Utrommaniac
06-28-2017, 08:09 PM
I just realized Bebop and Rocksteady are still probably in South America; there's no way they're finding they're way back to the New York anytime soon. Let alone anywhere near the US. I'm betting Jagwar is going to meet them at some point. AND their dinosaur, since Anchovy is still probably with them and even more likely with a different name.

Ninjinister
06-28-2017, 09:11 PM
So who are we looking at here? Siblings that have "died" somehow?

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/6/6a/The_Pantheon_others.png/revision/latest?cb=20160407182302

ProphetofGanja
06-28-2017, 10:40 PM

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/6/6a/The_Pantheon_others.png/revision/latest?cb=20160407182302

That's what I've been wondering.

The one facing away could arguably be Chi-You, but Snake Guy is mysteriously unmentioned by anyone

Utrommaniac
06-29-2017, 12:23 AM
I realized just a bit ago that Kitsune had essentially just made a painting of herself and her parents, and was both bemused and endeared.

Ninjinister
06-29-2017, 12:53 AM
That's what I've been wondering.

The one facing away could arguably be Chi-You, but Snake Guy is mysteriously unmentioned by anyone

I also have speculated in my head that it could potentially be Chi-You as well.

Technogeek29
06-29-2017, 03:33 AM
So what I'm guessing by the Pantheon dialogue the order of siblings goes

Aka
Manmoth
Gothano
Chi-You
Rat King
Toad Barron
Jagwar
Kitsune

some could be up for debate as to who is older but we know Aka is at the top and Kitsune is at the bottom.

Allio
06-29-2017, 06:41 AM
Didn't they say that that was the age? that the rolecall given was in order?

ProphetofGanja
06-29-2017, 07:55 AM

Yeah, that's like directly from the issue

Utrommaniac
06-29-2017, 08:05 AM
They even directly say they're listing oldest to youngest.

Enscripture
06-29-2017, 08:43 AM
Ugh guess I was the only one that hates that stupid Toad Baron. And no. I don't know why. He's just annoying.

Leomaru
06-29-2017, 10:04 AM
In issue #36 when the rat king told splinter "you can call me the RAT KING," I was under the impression that he made this name up just for splinter. He also mentioned that he has gone by many names, but in this new issue it seems like his name has always been the rat king. :tconfuse:

2K3
06-29-2017, 10:31 AM
In issue #36 when the rat king told splinter "you can call me the RAT KING," I was under the impression that he made this name up just for splinter. He also mentioned that he has gone by many names, but in this new issue it seems like his name has always been the rat king. :tconfuse:

Perhaps it just his most favourite choice of name!

funatic
06-29-2017, 01:26 PM
And I just wanna see what Gothano looks like without the hood. :tgrin:

Late to the party on this joke but I couldn't help but notice you unintentioanlly may have answered your own question Cylon, here's a literal screencap of your post: :tlol:

http://i63.tinypic.com/eil28l.jpg

Kidding aside, could we all give a round of praise to Dave Wachter for the art on this issue? I feel like he's a bit of an unsung hero amongst the other IDW hallmark artists, but his style and layouts really shine here. I hope he continues to pop in for a couple issues here and there!

ChosenOne
06-29-2017, 01:37 PM

There's always Ha'ntaan...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-29-2017, 01:43 PM
Late to the party on this joke but I couldn't help but notice you unintentioanlly may have answered your own question Cylon, here's a literal screencap of your post: :tlol:

http://i63.tinypic.com/eil28l.jpg

Kidding aside, could we all give a round of praise to Dave Wachter for the art on this issue? I feel like he's a bit of an unsung hero amongst the other IDW hallmark artists, but his style and layouts really shine here. I hope he continues to pop in for a couple issues here and there!

That would delight me beyond words. :tlol:

Technogeek29
06-29-2017, 03:34 PM

Yeah, that's like directly from the issue

Re-reads issue*
I post the most redundant things when I'm tired.

martinitolove
06-29-2017, 04:09 PM

Is that picture from that horrible April/Casey miniseries? Were there more?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-29-2017, 04:09 PM
Is that picture from that horrible April/Casey miniseries? Were there more?

Yes, and that was it; literally the one panel.

Enscripture
06-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Theres also this where nobody matches

DrSpengler
06-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #71 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/06/tmnt-idw-71.html)

Answers! Sort of. Hard to believe the Pantheon thing has been simmering for four years. While I think the roll call and the actual revelation of Kitsune's scheme were a bit overdue, I'm glad to have them now.

Loved the new(ish) characters, especially Gothano. Wachter's two-page spread for the roll call was epic and I dug seeing what niche each member fills in the world and "the game". And the characters are all so interesting, you don't even mind that the Turtles don't show up until the last second.

Utrommaniac
06-29-2017, 08:59 PM
I've been assuming Gothano's hood is part of his body, so I'm not sure we ever could actually see his face.

But I personally am going to go for him being Mister Beaky, like a proper octopus

ctt4lfecw
06-30-2017, 07:50 PM
Gothano gives me the creeps

Joey Kamikaze
06-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Damn, this a great book.

So re: Kitsune's plans for Shredder... my guess for years now has been that Kitsune is playing Shredder. He may think that she's loyal to him, that she loves him, yadda yadda... but to Kitsune, Oroku Saki is just a means to an end. Everything she's done for him, even bearing his children, she did with her long-term goal of turning him into a vessel for her father in mind. He's a tool, and he's been too blinded by his ego to see it.

So my guess is... we eventually get Shredder back, but when he realizes what Kitsune has been up to all this time, he's not too happy about it. So he helps the Turtles defeat Kitsune...

...then goes on to conquer and become even more of a badass than he was before he died in #50.

Utrommaniac
06-30-2017, 10:31 PM
So....basically this is would be happening?
https://68.media.tumblr.com/2882fcfcf658509e7305e01462f13604/tumblr_nn2cqkWhKy1r7gvs2o1_500.gif

ChosenOne
06-30-2017, 10:58 PM
Damn, this a great book.

So re: Kitsune's plans for Shredder... my guess for years now has been that Kitsune is playing Shredder. He may think that she's loyal to him, that she loves him, yadda yadda... but to Kitsune, Oroku Saki is just a means to an end. Everything she's done for him, even bearing his children, she did with her long-term goal of turning him into a vessel for her father in mind. He's a tool, and he's been too blinded by his ego to see it.

So my guess is... we eventually get Shredder back, but when he realizes what Kitsune has been up to all this time, he's not too happy about it. So he helps the Turtles defeat Kitsune...

...then goes on to conquer and become even more of a badass than he was before he died in #50.

I have a hard time imagining any other outcome for the situation that isn't along these lines.

Then again, I'm no writer and certainly not as brilliant as the IDW folks. Must be a reason why.

CyberCubed
07-01-2017, 01:40 AM
LOL, this issue is getting universal praise everywhere, but this site trashed it and gave it the lowest review score in a long time:

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/06/28/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-71-review/

Sometimes I check out this sites TMNT reviews out of curiosity, but I honestly wonder if this guy doesn't get the book. He reviewed most of the previous IDW issues too if you want to see.

Powder
07-01-2017, 01:44 AM
It was easily one of the best issues of the entire series, & that's with turtles in only one panel.

Ninjinister
07-01-2017, 01:49 AM
I wonder why they don't just have Dr. Spengler write all of their TMNT stuff, since he already does write for the site... unless it's because it'd draw too much away from Entity...?

SDCC
07-01-2017, 04:55 AM
First off, I just read the Adventures in Poor Taste review, and I don't get what that guy is on about at all. I went back and read some others, and he repeats himself. Points made, review, points reiterated. It's the same thing written three different ways.

Anyway...I liked it! The link below is to my review.

http://superdstuff.com/tmnt-71-comic-book-review/

ChosenOne
07-01-2017, 08:38 AM
I don’t even want to know how this motley crew is related to each other.

He didn't read the issue. End of story. I "Meh" his review myself.

The dialogue was anything but circular, in fact it was wonderfully on point and made you realize where it was headed soon enough so that you could scoot to the edge of your seat and keep reading in rapt fascination until Kitsune made her big reveal.

It was a superb installment, so much so that I'd even call it (given the absence of the Turtles and the focus on the villains) the #37 of this bunch of 50 issues.

How much better does a comic get than when it has you thinking that any of its supporting characters could get a spin-off and do just fine, I wonder?

TigerClaw
07-01-2017, 08:49 AM
LOL, this issue is getting universal praise everywhere, but this site trashed it and gave it the lowest review score in a long time:

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/06/28/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-71-review/

Sometimes I check out this sites TMNT reviews out of curiosity, but I honestly wonder if this guy doesn't get the book. He reviewed most of the previous IDW issues too if you want to see.
Maybe cause the Turtles weren't in the whole issue, and they only show up at the end?

ProphetofGanja
07-01-2017, 08:53 AM
He didn't read the issue. End of story. I "Meh" his review myself.

The dialogue was anything but circular, in fact it was wonderfully on point and made you realize where it was headed soon enough so that you could scoot to the edge of your seat and keep reading in rapt fascination until Kitsune made her big reveal.

It was a superb installment, so much so that I'd even call it (given the absence of the Turtles and the focus on the villains) the #37 of this bunch of 50 issues.

How much better does a comic get than when it has you thinking that any of its supporting characters could get a spin-off and do just fine, I wonder?

Yeah, like a lot of reviewers this one seems guilty of just skimming the series, which is an inexcusable fault if you're going to post a review for the whole internet

MikeandRaph87
07-01-2017, 09:40 AM
I wonder why they don't just have Dr. Spengler write all of their TMNT stuff, since he already does write for the site... unless it's because it'd draw too much away from Entity...?

I can to that same conclusion. Spengler is like Peter Park who was not a full-time employee but paid by the assignment( I forget the term Peter used). Spengler runs another site and would likely be referring to the rival review site he owns. If he did not already review it on his own site he would do it for the lunkhead at Adventures In Poor Taste.

I love the sense of continuity of this series. The Street Phantoms cloaks playing a part here. I was half expecting the anti-gravity gauntlet to move the rats away and maybe some comedy at The Pantheon's confusion. Also, did it have ot Michelangelo that gave them away?:( The TMNT spying on the meeting was a given, we all saw that coming yet the parts we can predict are not effected and enjoyed just the same.

myconius
07-01-2017, 09:40 AM

that guy's a clown, i've seen his Tmnt reviews in the past.
most of the time they are relatively low scores, usually in the 4 out of 10 range.
makes you wonder why the idiot even bothers reading/reviewing Tmnt comics since he obviously doesn't really enjoy them all that much?
what a goon! :lol:

ChosenOne
07-01-2017, 09:49 AM
I love the sense of continuity of this series. The Street Phantoms cloaks playing a part here. I was half expecting the anti-gravity gauntlet to move the rats away and maybe some comedy at The Pantheon's confusion. Also, did it have ot Michelangelo that gave them away?:( The TMNT spying on the meeting was a given, we all saw that coming yet the parts we can predict are not effected and enjoyed just the same.

Agreed, the Street Phantom cloaks making a comeback really elevated the Chasing Phantoms arc even further in hindsight and made them that extra bit more than just "Oh, cannon fodder to show how badass Splinter and the Foot are".

My only question is, didn't Harold have those last time we checked? Huh.

Must've been awkward for Donnie to go back and get them, maybe we'll see it in #72?

myconius
07-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Agreed, the Street Phantom cloaks making a comeback really elevated the Chasing Phantoms arc even further in hindsight and made them that extra bit more than just "Oh, cannon fodder to show how badass Splinter and the Foot are".

My only question is, didn't Harold have those last time we checked? Huh.

last time we saw the Street Phantoms in cloaks, it was at the end of issue #64.
they were on their knees before Splinter and he was ordering his Foot Soldiers to remove their cloaks.
by this point Libby was injured and Harold had just told off Donnie and renounces their friendship.

CyberCubed
07-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Yeah, Splinter obviously stripped the Street Phantoms of their cloaks and gear, rendering them as nothing more than common street thugs now. I think it would be interesting if Jammerhead returns as a cyborg similar to his cartoon incarnation, but I doubt we'll see him again so it probably won't happen.

myconius
07-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Splinter obviously stripped the Street Phantoms of their cloaks and gear, rendering them as nothing more than common street thugs now. I think it would be interesting if Jammerhead returns as a cyborg similar to his cartoon incarnation, but I doubt we'll see him again so it probably won't happen.

he didn't really have much of a purpose other than what he's already served.
my guess is his story's probably done.

swing_kinker
07-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Don't get why people get upset at reviews. just one fella's opinion, doesn't change yours. Enjoyed this issue personally and its definitely setting up a new and interesting direction for the book. I liked Wachter's designs but can't wait to see Mateus' takes on the likes of Gothano.

myconius
07-01-2017, 03:59 PM
i get confused about people that claim not to enjoy something, yet keep at it anyway.

ChosenOne
07-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Don't get why people get upset at reviews. just one fella's opinion, doesn't change yours. Enjoyed this issue personally and its definitely setting up a new and interesting direction for the book. I liked Wachter's designs but can't wait to see Mateus' takes on the likes of Gothano.

It's not the review or his opinion per se, just the fact that it comes across like a lazy effort all-around, and seems to come from someone who didn't even read it closely or pay attention to certain plot points as they unfolded.

A reviewer should be held to a higher standard than that, their work can and often does influence people's opinions.

CyberCubed
07-02-2017, 12:24 AM
The funny thing is this issue actually directly spells out the Pantheon's, or at least Kitsune's, plans too, so I don't see how anyone could be confused as to what they want. Also all the banter between them was great, because now you can tell almost every characters dynamic with each other. They actually feel like real siblings like a family would.

swing_kinker
07-02-2017, 04:49 PM
It's not the review or his opinion per se, just the fact that it comes across like a lazy effort all-around, and seems to come from someone who didn't even read it closely or pay attention to certain plot points as they unfolded.

A reviewer should be held to a higher standard than that, their work can and often does influence people's opinions.

They do indeed, which is the sad part I can't understand. I like reading some reviews to get their take on things but would never let it dictate my thoughts

ChosenOne
07-02-2017, 05:01 PM
They do indeed, which is the sad part I can't understand. I like reading some reviews to get their take on things but would never let it dictate my thoughts

Some people, myself included, and maybe that's your case as well, read reviews after the fact. We read a comic, we watch a movie, we play a game, and then we go look for the reviews to just keep that buzz going or to consolidate our thoughts on what we just experienced or maybe acquire some fresh perspective.

The others who are on the fence about certain products or entertainment media can be easily swayed in one direction or another by the "wrong" review, and that's perfectly understandable as not everything out there is worth our time and money, and some of us or even all of us in the right situation feel like entrusting our choice to someone who is (supposed to be) a professional critic, or at the very least knowledgeable on the subject he/she is reviewing.

All of that is quite understandable. What I can't for the life of me understand is how some people allow themselves to hate or dislike something over the opinion of someone who doesn't even have the most basic of grasps on the subject matter at hand.

A review is a tool for consumers, and occasionally a source of useful insight. Nothing more, nothing less.

If the reviewer isn't informed, the readers won't get that much out of it either.

Anyway, I've been ranting and probably didn't add anything to your point but I hope you can at least glean something about what I was trying to say. Sorry!

swing_kinker
07-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Some people, myself included, and maybe that's your case as well, read reviews after the fact. We read a comic, we watch a movie, we play a game, and then we go look for the reviews to just keep that buzz going or to consolidate our thoughts on what we just experienced or maybe acquire some fresh perspective.

The others who are on the fence about certain products or entertainment media can be easily swayed in one direction or another by the "wrong" review, and that's perfectly understandable as not everything out there is worth our time and money, and some of us or even all of us in the right situation feel like entrusting our choice to someone who is (supposed to be) a professional critic, or at the very least knowledgeable on the subject he/she is reviewing.

All of that is quite understandable. What I can't for the life of me understand is how some people allow themselves to hate or dislike something over the opinion of someone who doesn't even have the most basic of grasps on the subject matter at hand.

A review is a tool for consumers, and occasionally a source of useful insight. Nothing more, nothing less.

If the reviewer isn't informed, the readers won't get that much out of it either.

Anyway, I've been ranting and probably didn't add anything to your point but I hope you can at least glean something about what I was trying to say. Sorry!

Yea I get you completely and agree I just find the importance people place on what is essentially an insignificant opinion. I also love reading reviews after the fact, I love reading retro movie reviews from the time they were released. Just can't get on board with letting it completely sway you.

ctt4lfecw
07-05-2017, 09:37 PM
I think Toad Barron has become my favorite character. I read his voice as The Genius Lanny Poffo. It suits him.

TigerClaw
07-05-2017, 09:43 PM
I think Toad Barron has become my favorite character. I read his voice as The Genius Lanny Poffo. It suits him.
I would imagine his voice sounding more like Brian Blessed.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Richard Simmons.

ChosenOne
07-05-2017, 10:20 PM
I've said it before when he first debutted, but for me it's Mark Hamill's Trickster.

Similar enough to his Joker voice, but even crazier and croakier, which fits Toad Baron ever-so-nicely.

Exhibit A: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqYiN47KkYc (was unable to embed properly)

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #71 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/06/tmnt-idw-71.html)

Answers! Sort of. Hard to believe the Pantheon thing has been simmering for four years. While I think the roll call and the actual revelation of Kitsune's scheme were a bit overdue, I'm glad to have them now.

Loved the new(ish) characters, especially Gothano. Wachter's two-page spread for the roll call was epic and I dug seeing what niche each member fills in the world and "the game". And the characters are all so interesting, you don't even mind that the Turtles don't show up until the last second.

Exactly this. Up until this issue I really thought the Pantheon was uninteresting and unnecessary. Now I'm sold on it.

Utrommaniac
07-05-2017, 11:28 PM
I'm not sure what voice I can pair with him, but I've gone with something baritone. Maybe like Shere Khan in the animated Jungle Book.

funatic
07-05-2017, 11:50 PM
My Baron's voice is closer to the Mayor from Nightmare Before Christmas with a hint of Beast from the X-Men animated series.

Utrommaniac
07-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Oh...that actually would work quite a lot.

Also, have we gotten so chatty about character voices before???

funatic
07-06-2017, 12:29 AM
Oh...that actually would work quite a lot.

Also, have we gotten so chatty about character voices before???

haha, I think there have been threads about voices in the past but not quite to this level for one single character. He's just so animated on the page and in his loquacious dialogue that you can really hear him. Either that or it's his big mouth.

DestronMirage22
07-07-2017, 12:19 AM
This was a great issue.
Not really any action, but none was needed. Although it was a dialogue-heavy issue, there was no problem with that. The dialogue was good. It shed a lot of light on the Pantheons plans and helped us get to know the characters better. And the siblings interactions were great! Seeing them squabble amongst themselves like actual family was fun.
The new characters introduced were great additions. I particularly liked the tentacle guy (who's name escapes me at the moment), his design is cool and it'll be cool seeing what he does.

Also, I had a THIRD letter published. :D

2K3
07-07-2017, 05:03 AM
After this issue I have a rough idea of the voices all the Pantheon have:

Kitsune – Lucy Liu
Rat King – Richard O’Brien
Chi-You – Brian Blessed
Aka – Sigourney Weaver
Toad Baron – The late great Rik Mayall (listen to his voice as Mr. Toad in “The Wind in the Willows/ The Willows in Winter” and you’ll see why)
Jagwar – Cree Summer
Manmoth – Keith David
Gothano – Ian McDiarmid (Don’t ask why, I just hear the Emperor’s voice coming out of that squid)

MikeandRaph87
07-07-2017, 08:40 AM
This was a great issue.
Not really any action, but none was needed. Although it was a dialogue-heavy issue, there was no problem with that. The dialogue was good. It shed a lot of light on the Pantheons plans and helped us get to know the characters better. And the siblings interactions were great! Seeing them squabble amongst themselves like actual family was fun.
The new characters introduced were great additions. I particularly liked the tentacle guy (who's name escapes me at the moment), his design is cool and it'll be cool seeing what he does.

Also, I had a THIRD letter published. :D

Cool. I got my second one published in the same issue(#71). The first one appeared in #56. What did you ask in #71?

Yes, dialog we wanted to read for at least three and a half years. Is Gothano a squid? I don't know what species to label hin as?

How can Rat King, Kitsune, and Aka be human or humanoids at the very least while the others be various creatures and they are all fathered by a red Chinese dragon?

DestronMirage22
07-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Cool. I got my second one published in the same issue(#71). The first one appeared in #56. What did you ask in #71?

I'd say, but I kinda want my identity to remain a secret, y'know? ;)

How can Rat King, Kitsune, and Aka be human or humanoids at the very least while the others be various creatures and they are all fathered by a red Chinese dragon?

Maybe their humanoid forms are just their way of blending in and getting closer to humans to earn their trust/influence them easier. We've seen Kitsune's fox form a few times (Deviations comes to mind) that's probably what she really looks like.

MikeandRaph87
07-16-2017, 08:38 PM
I'd say, but I kinda want my identity to remain a secret, y'know? ;)

Maybe their humanoid forms are just their way of blending in and getting closer to humans to earn their trust/influence them easier. We've seen Kitsune's fox form a few times (Deviations comes to mind) that's probably what she really looks like.

That is why I used my first name only in one and my username on the other. ;)

Does anyone know the release date for #72? I know it was originally scheduled for this week, but I have not found a preview for it.

ChosenOne
07-16-2017, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know the release date for #72? I know it was originally scheduled for this week, but I have not found a preview for it.

I believe it's out next week, along with the Usagi crossover. This week is Universe.

MikeandRaph87
07-16-2017, 09:06 PM
I believe it's out next week, along with the Usagi crossover. This week is Universe.

I see the dates for Universe and the regular ongoing flipfloped. Still no preview for Universe#12.

ChosenOne
07-16-2017, 09:12 PM
I see the dates for Universe and the regular ongoing flipfloped. Still no preview for Universe#12.

Oh no, the preview was posted yesterday to kick off the Universe #12 thread by the tireless and ever-diligent AlZarkovski.

MikeandRaph87
07-16-2017, 09:14 PM
Oh no, the preview was posted yesterday to kick off the Universe #12 thread by the tireless and ever-diligent AlZarkovski.

Ok. I see it now. I usually go to "new posts" instead of by sections.It never showed in "new posts when I wasurking.