PDA

View Full Version : [Want to Buy] First Gokin NT-01 Cerebral Krang

Panther10
06-25-2017, 10:48 PM
Hey all. I am looking to buy a First Gokin Krang (Normal Edition) in working condition with all parts included. I can pay with paypal but I am not looking to pay scalper prices. Fair prices only

TheCanadiandrome
06-27-2017, 09:53 PM
yeah these are a real biatch to find. wish i'd have grabbed one from the start

Panther10
06-27-2017, 10:16 PM
Same here. But they weren't sold on any domestic websites or distributed by Bluefin as I recall. So the only way to get them was from one of those 3rd party import sites and I really don't even know many of those websites off hand. These figures aren't even on eBay so I'm kind of hoping that this board might be the last resort to find that sort of thing

Candy Kappa
06-28-2017, 01:40 AM
You could contact Lunar Toys, they seemed to be in touch with First Gokin and see if there's a plan for a third release of Cerebral. But at this point, it seems bleak to find a Cerebral of either release for any price.

Panther10
06-28-2017, 09:46 AM
I just tried that and unfortunately they were of little help. As you surmised, there are no leftover units to order and there are only rumors of a 3rd revisit but nothing is set in stone. But I'm sure someone on this board will come through. I've put some feelers out there so we'll see what happens.

mrmaczaps
06-28-2017, 12:42 PM
What do you consider fair price?

Panther10
06-28-2017, 01:07 PM
What do you consider fair price?

Retail price is preferable. Or if I can get a drome discount. So between $125-$159?

TheCanadiandrome
06-28-2017, 01:39 PM
You could contact Lunar Toys, they seemed to be in touch with First Gokin and see if there's a plan for a third release of Cerebral. But at this point, it seems bleak to find a Cerebral of either release for any price.

Unless you're willing to shell out for eBay

***First of Two Latin Kings***
06-28-2017, 01:40 PM
There are none left on eBay.

TheCanadiandrome
06-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Ah well then

mrmaczaps
06-28-2017, 05:39 PM
They were about $150/160 retail if I recall.. last one I saw on ebay was upwards on $250, I think... could be wrong though...

Panther10
06-28-2017, 10:15 PM
They were about $150/160 retail if I recall.. last one I saw on ebay was upwards on $250, I think... could be wrong though...

It looks like there were some NT-01 Cerebrals up on ebay as early as last week that went for dirt cheap but they were loose items. Not sure if these were bootlegs or what.

mrmaczaps
06-29-2017, 08:40 AM
It looks like there were some NT-01 Cerebrals up on ebay as early as last week that went for dirt cheap but they were loose items. Not sure if these were bootlegs or what.

The one or two I saw were new, with box and all paperwork and everything. Displayed but not played with... it was probably further back than I realize cuz time really flows differently for me... I put mine up for sale, but it hasn't sold because I went on the high end of "recently sold" prices...

Oh well.

Panther10
07-01-2017, 08:36 AM
The one or two I saw were new, with box and all paperwork and everything. Displayed but not played with... it was probably further back than I realize cuz time really flows differently for me... I put mine up for sale, but it hasn't sold because I went on the high end of "recently sold" prices...

Oh well.

sent you a pm lol

07-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Ah well then

Do you even have money to pay for one? :tlol: :tlol: :tlol: :tlol:

Panther10
07-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Honestly I'm cutting it pretty close. But I've been kicking myself for the last two years for not having the foresight to buy one. But now that Neca is releasing their toon figures I'm pretty sure I have to at least find one of these.

07-01-2017, 09:43 AM
I was actually asking someone else who posted in your thread.

I really regret not buying one myself now. I thought for sure this wasn't licensed out by Nick, so I avoided it.

TheCanadiandrome
07-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Do you even have money to pay for one? :tlol: :tlol: :tlol: :tlol:

Even if I did I sure as hell wouldn't come to you :lol: :lol: :lol:

07-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Even if I did I sure as hell wouldn't come to you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which is fine, because I don't take kindly to a prospective buyer who has me spend my time hunting down a rare item and then laughs at me and tells me he can't pay after I've found the specific item that was requested.

AND THEN requests that I pay for it out of pocket and let him reimburse me at his convenience!

Oh man I didn't expect you to find one so fast dude! I don't have $300 to send right now, not with Christmas in a few days dude. Maybe we can work something out of [if] you bid or bin one but yeah can't now

I am just asking you guys to treat me with the same respect as a seller that I treat you with as buyers.

Anyway: First Gokin Krang. Do we have any leads yet, or have we given up?

Panther10
07-05-2017, 09:27 AM
I still do a quick search ebay virtually every hour every single day but no luck so far. But to be honest I don't expect anyone to find one of these things until convention season begins in full swing. I know there are some Wizard World comic cons coming up. And we also have wonder con, SDCC and NYCC on the horizon. Maybe with a little luck a First Gokin Krang will pop up there.

07-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Yeah, but won't it be greedily marked up? Just curious. Haven't actually been to a convention.

Panther10
07-05-2017, 10:35 AM
There is definitely a possibility of that. I'd expect a markup anyway because the cost of a ticket at some of these shows can often be $60 or more. So more than likely any one who finds one at a show will want to be reimbursed for the cost of the figure, their ticket and then they will want to make a profit. But if conventions are my only option then what choice do I have? I just hope that someone has the presence of mind to log into this site and send me a pm or text about the price before they commit to buying the figure on my behalf.

07-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Very few people here have that kind of money so you have nothing to worry about :tlol:

I Crave Pizza No More
07-06-2017, 06:15 AM
I still do a quick search ebay virtually every hour every single day but no luck so far. But to be honest I don't expect anyone to find one of these things until convention season begins in full swing. I know there are some Wizard World comic cons coming up. And we also have wonder con, SDCC and NYCC on the horizon. Maybe with a little luck a First Gokin Krang will pop up there.

Just save the search, check the results daily, and be patient. I've been able to track down for more obscure items this way, but the main thing is to be patient.

When these came out, I had tried several times to buy them but each time the seller's account was shut down and I was refunded shortly thereafter. I gave up for that reason, but the figure does look really nice. Good luck with your search--I know you'll find one eventually. But in the end, it's just a thing--don't let it consume you.

Panther10
07-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Just save the search, check the results daily, and be patient. I've been able to track down for more obscure items this way, but the main thing is to be patient.

When these came out, I had tried several times to buy them but each time the seller's account was shut down and I was refunded shortly thereafter. I gave up for that reason, but the figure does look really nice. Good luck with your search--I know you'll find one eventually. But in the end, it's just a thing--don't let it consume you.

I search ebay far more often than once a day, my friend. I have the eBay app so every time I use my phone I make it a point to check eBay at least once and run a manual search for a First Gokin Krang. Just in case I run into one that has a BIN or BO price. And while I wouldn't say it's consuming me to eventually find this, you have to admit it is sooo unbelievably hard! This figure went from a limited run on import/3rd party websites, to suddenly becoming very sought after and only available on tertiary aftermarkets that are even further out on the fringes of the web with virtually zero sources of income that goes to advertising or marketing. Not to mention that it is never a good sign when it is harder to find this figure than it is to find a figure that came out 20 years ago with a limited degree of searching.

TheCanadiandrome
07-06-2017, 09:41 PM

i'll be heading to Fan Expo in Toronto next month, so I'd love to think I could find one there

LilithMV
07-07-2017, 12:56 PM
I do hope First Gokin do a third run. I missed my chance about a year ago when they were sold for about 100$. Now it's almost impossible to find one. :tsad:

TheCanadiandrome
07-07-2017, 07:33 PM
well they've done Krang, now Shredder, so who's left? Maybe the TMNT?

mrmaczaps
07-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Aren't they still doing the bubble walker Krang?

Then probs Bebop & Rocksteady...?

Candy Kappa
07-08-2017, 02:41 AM
Foot Soldiers got teased as next after Shredder, purple and orange variant. So the Bubble Walker seems to be bumped down even further down the pipeline.

Utrommaniac
07-08-2017, 02:54 AM
Ah man...I'm still waiting for that, just for its price. I'd love their Krang, but I don't want the body with it. I'm more of a Bubble Walker person :P

TheCanadiandrome
07-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Foot Soldiers got teased as next after Shredder, purple and orange variant. So the Bubble Walker seems to be bumped down even further down the pipeline.

Sounds cool to me

Panther10
08-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Bump and just a quick FYI:

I was able to buy this figure from Lunar Toys. They ended up getting a few more of the Special editions in stock so I grabbed one. So I'm no longer in the market for a First Gokin NT-01

I Crave Pizza No More
08-03-2017, 02:32 PM

I was able to buy this figure from Lunar Toys. They ended up getting a few more of the Special editions in stock so I grabbed one. So I'm no longer in the market for a First Gokin NT-01

Congrats! Did you get the special edition with the chrome parts, or just the standard version?

Powder
08-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Says right there he got the special edition, mane.

TheCanadiandrome
08-03-2017, 09:28 PM

Lucky bugger lol. I'm still hoping to find one at Expo later this month. They attract quite a few vendors with loads of unique items

I Crave Pizza No More
08-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Says right there he got the special edition, mane.

You're right! D'oh!

Panther10
08-04-2017, 12:03 PM
Another FYI:

I've sig'd that...