PDA

View Full Version : Who are your favourite Archie "TMNT Adventures"-exclusive characters?

2K3
06-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Out of all the main exclusive characters "TMNT Adventures" created, who was your favourite?

Please note the following characters have been omitted: The Turtles, Splinter, April, Shredder, Krang, Stockman, Bebop and Rocksteady, Man-Ray, Leatherhead, Ace Duck, Wingnut + Screwloose, Scumbug, Wyrm, Mondo Gecko, Warrior Dragon, Slash, and Tattoo. This is due to them already appearing either in Mirage Comic, the 1987 series, or the toyline prior to their comic debut.

CyberCubed
06-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Well now that a lot of these characters have appeared in IDW or Nick, they're not Archie exclusive anymore, are they? In fact the bulk of the characters on that poll have now appeared in IDW or the Nick cartoon. Bellybomb appeared in 1 Nick episode for example.

Anyway my favorites were Armaggon, Malinga, Verminator X, and Null. I basically saw them as the 4 main villains of the series after Shredder/Krang.

2K3
06-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Well now that a lot of these characters have appeared in IDW or Nick, they're not Archie exclusive anymore, are they? In fact the bulk of the characters on that poll have now appeared in IDW or the Nick cartoon. Bellybomb appeared in 1 Nick episode for example.

Anyway my favorites were Armaggon, Malinga, Verminator X, and Null. I basically saw them as the 4 main villains of the series after Shredder/Krang.

Good point; should place it as "debut" instead of exclusive!

Weapons@theready
06-27-2017, 02:47 PM
He's not in the options but I always enjoyed Sarnath

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-27-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm not even an Archie fan but I gotta weigh in for Armaggon. Or however you spell his name.

That is a badass shark mutant. :tgrin:

Powder
06-27-2017, 04:52 PM
Cuddly, Armaggon, Null, Bellybomb, in that order. The rest, while cool, meh. Those are the standouts for me.

Chris
06-27-2017, 05:25 PM
I was initially torn between Ninjara & Armaggon but ultimately went with Ninjara as I felt she had a bigger impact on the series overall & on Raph's character development.

CyberCubed
06-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Outside of Ninjara's debut and farewell arc, she kinda faded into the background for most of the other arcs even if she was with the Turtles for nearly the entire time. Ninjara (Murphy) even mentions this in-series during the space arc.

Alopex is pretty much a better handled version of her character.

funatic
06-27-2017, 05:53 PM
I was initially torn between Ninjara & Armaggon but ultimately went with Ninjara as I felt she had a bigger impact on the series overall & on Raph's character development.

I cast my vote for Ninjara for the reasons above, but if I was taking this poll in 1992 it would've been Dreadmon all the way! :trazz:

DestronMirage22
06-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Like it was already mentioned, some of these characters aren't exclusive anymore. I guess a better title would've been 'favorite characters Archie introduced' or something along those lines.

That being said Null was definitely my favorite (from what I've read so far). The way he pulled the strings and what he was able to accomplish made him a terrific villain. This was a man (so to speak) who got sh*t done. He didn't screw around. He learned from failure and was even able to orchestrate the murder of the Mutanimals. He was truly a stand out character.

Tetsu Deinonychus
06-28-2017, 11:23 AM
Null and Maligna are both villains that definitely need their time in the sun again (see what I did there). If the Nick show wasn't so close to ending I would hope that they reveal their version of Dregg to be a subordinate of Maligna since Nick!Dregg's MO is very Maligna-ish.

I know IDW has a new (female) version of Null, but I'm not too familiar with her.

Notably absent from your list is Cherubae. I know she only showed up in a couple issues, but there's so much more they could do with her.

Andrew NDB
06-28-2017, 11:33 AM
A vote for Cudley Cowlick is a vote for good taste.

2K3
06-29-2017, 06:08 AM
Notably absent from your list is Cherubae. I know she only showed up in a couple issues, but there's so much more they could do with her.

Dang, knew I forgot someone!

Tetsu Deinonychus
06-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I forgot that Cudley would also be great to see again. I'll also throw in Oyuki. I think she was fun.