PDA

View Full Version : What would the TMNT Universe drink?

Krutch
06-29-2017, 01:41 PM
I'm not pulling from any specific incarnation here but off the top of my head...

LEO - Vodka or old fashioned manhattan.

MIKE - Light beer or cider.

RAPH - Johnnie Walker Black.

DONNIE - Cognac and if the occasion calls for it, Cherrie. Maybe a White Russian when he needs to destress.

SPLINTER - Saki. Ironic? Sure, but cultured.

APRIL - Pale ale, something hoppy.

CASEY - Would never shy away from shots or straight booze but probably enjoys a steady stream of lager for the slow unwind.

SHREDDER - Also Saki.

BEEBOP & ROCKSTEADY - PBRs by the case.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-29-2017, 01:57 PM
SHREDDER - Also Saki.

I see what you did there. :trazz:

Andrew NDB
06-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Apparently the Turtles are all partial to MGD beer. Raphael actually said "it's Miller Time" in "The River."

Candy Kappa
06-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Sake for everyone!

ToTheNines
06-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Leo - Wine coolers.

Raph - Anything. Preferably beer.

Don - Whiskey and scotch.

Mike - Margaritas. Local beers. Caribou Lou.

Splinter - Port.

Casey - Sam Adams. Northampton made moonshine.

April - Guiness and Jameson.

CyberCubed
06-29-2017, 02:59 PM
They actually are shown drinking beer in a few Mirage issues. Can't recall if we saw the names though.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-29-2017, 03:15 PM
Beer is cheap, the Turtles can't go into a liquor store, Casey was either working minimum wage or flat broke, and April... well, she was probably well paid for working at Stocktronics and then she made at least steady income being a landlady...

But supporting 6 other adults and Shadow on that one main salary? Eeeesh. It's dollar beer for everyone, for sure.

Prowler
06-29-2017, 05:02 PM
Beer for all of them except Splinter, Shredder and April. Splinter and Shredder probably either don't drink at all or drink whiskey or wine. As for April, I can't picture her drinking, so there ya go.

Perhaps Leo would like some other drinks and I could see Raph drinking Jack Daniels.

CyberCubed
06-29-2017, 05:04 PM
Japanese drink sake:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sake

Japanese wine made from rice. You see it all the time in those Asian kung fu movies, and in the Usagi Yojimbo comics.

In Tom Cruise's "The Last Samurai" from the early 2000's, he screams, "SAAAAAAAAKE!"

ToTheNines
06-29-2017, 05:08 PM
Thanks cubed. We didn't know.

neatoman
06-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Zack Baniels
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EHjTIQ-7Bq4/VWz2Y8sNhBI/AAAAAAAAP5I/Yf098HyWxUw/s1600/46-2.png

Prowler
06-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Thanks cubed. We didn't know.

Next thing he'll be telling us about Scotland and Whiskey.

Powder
06-29-2017, 07:52 PM
Boiled herb with hallucinogens mixed in.

AKA "Infinitea" :tcool:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-29-2017, 07:54 PM
Boiled herb with hallucinogens mixed in.

AKA "Infinitea" :tcool:

Who would have thought that of all four Turtles, Leonardo would be the one to do drugs? :tlol:

Krutch
06-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Thats one of my favourite TMNT stories... Always hoped to see an animated version of it one day.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-29-2017, 08:23 PM
Yeah that's never gonna happen.

Leo, Splinter and Shredder obviously all prefer saki. Leo might also go for a light beer. Raph is a beer or whiskey kind of guy. Donnie would probably go for vodka drinks or wine coolers. Mikey is the "try anything" type but probably likes fruity mixers. A screwdriver or daqueri would be his ideal.

April might like margaritas or wine. Casey is like Raph. Beer or whiskey. Shots or on the rocks. Maybe rum and Coke.

Powder
06-29-2017, 08:34 PM
Guys, it's saké.

TurtleWA
06-29-2017, 08:47 PM
Perhaps powdered alcohol for Donnie. One of the Nick turtles might try Zima. Turtles must not suffer bad hangovers if training is not effected and judgment is not clouded. Is everyone over 21? :lol:

IndigoErth
06-29-2017, 09:09 PM
Nah, Nick Turtles, skip the Zima. I was slightly intrigued by the idea of it when I was about their age, then tried it when I was old enough. I was not impressed. :trazz:

Don't mind suggestions that Leo could be a vodka or wine coolers kinda guy (maybe the Manhattan, never tried it myself), we could share a drink then. :twink: Provided that vodka is actually part of something good and not taken straight.

I could definitely see him emulating Splinter though with the Sake, but maybe not opposed to lightly joining his brothers just a little in some other drinks.

Everyone else... I couldn't really even guess (granted Raph is prob the easiest), I'm not really that knowledgeable of alcohol.

Krutch
06-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Yeah that's never gonna happen.
Oh, I know. Just cool to imagine it :tcool:

KARAI: Everclear.

LEATHERHEAD: 80s toon, Moonshine. 2k3 toon... I just don't see him drinking for some reason.

BAXTER STOCKMAN: Probably a nice Armagnac.

DANIEL PENNINGTON: Who the hell cares?...

ALOPEX: Gin and Tonic.

Utrommaniac
06-29-2017, 09:25 PM
Yeah guys, it's sake. But still pronounced "saki"

I think 2003 Leatherhead would probably have like...one glass of bourbon or a moscow mule and be done with it.

Baxter is scotch man; he even offers Krang some.

Casey? BEER. Just any beer.

I think April would like some kind of fruity cocktail

Going my Mirage standards, any Utrom would probably just get utterly schnockered off any ordinary fruit juice, let alone ordinary alcohol. I'm pretty sure even mango lassis would have alcoholic affect to them. I'm not really sure how they'd handle the yogurt in that, though I like to think they're lactose intolerant.

PApagreg
06-29-2017, 10:21 PM
Leo-Mostly straight edge but is a bit of a wine taster.
Raph- Mostly drinks beer but will go for more stronger drinks such as Vodka or Scotch.
Don-I see him having an affinity towards Scotch and/or Bourbon.
Mikey- A wine taster like Leo but he also enjoys fruity drinks like Mai Tais.
Splinter-Sake and Beer

Casey-Mostly straight edge but I can see him drinking beer with friends.
April- See Mikey
Karai- She's pretty much okay with anything
Baxter-See Don
Saki- Drinks Habushu and Sake when in company of associates or rivals but drinks beer when nobody is looking.

CyberCubed
06-29-2017, 10:24 PM
Why are we assuming everyone drinks to begin with? Some characters may not or never drink alcohol.

DestronMirage22
06-29-2017, 10:37 PM
The obvious ones I could think of off the top of my head:

April: Those lame fruity drinks
Splinter and Shredder: Saké
Raph and Casey: Regular 'ol beer
Fugitiod: Virtual Beer http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rWj6l2h4PfY/ViKBjtFxr2I/AAAAAAAAQk8/BWsHKowSpys/s1600/29-6.png

Utrommaniac
06-29-2017, 10:49 PM
I was going to bring up the virtual beer, but said "nah".
(Chill on the wordiness, Honeycutt, jeez!)

And of course April thinks she'd go for the fruitier stuff XD . I think Irma would too, but get REALLY into it. Fishbowl sized fruitiness.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-30-2017, 04:52 PM
Aside from fruirty drinks I think Mikey would go nuts for a mudslide. The ice cream and chocolate syrup aspect are right up his alley!

Karai- wine or a peach belini.

Leatherhead (Nick or 2k3 version) is defibitely a teetotaler.

Irma will probably drink anything. Especially if offered by a male.

Utrommaniac
06-30-2017, 04:56 PM
I swear someone would probably like Grasshoppers. Maybe Vernon...

MsMarvelDuckie
06-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Nah he'd be a martini guy.

I could see April going for a Long Island iced tea.

TurtleWA
06-30-2017, 05:10 PM
red stripe...Dreadmon (Archie)
Old Hob...White Russian

ToTheNines
06-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Why are we assuming everyone drinks to begin with? Some characters may not or never drink alcohol.

No one else is as lame as you. Plus it's Mirage canon that the entire cast boozes.

Utrommaniac
06-30-2017, 05:30 PM
Krang probably wouldn't have anything from Earth so...whatever this stuff is:
http://i.imgur.com/xhQ2IVs.png
It probably is something like beer? They never say, but it seemed to do him in pretty well. (How are they about to pour it anyway, the pitcher is bigger than they are!)

I would think that no one would let Pigeon Pete anywhere near booze, lest Hell be unleashed. But he'd probably end up mistaking wine coolers for soda. And then comes the whirlwind.

Herman seemed to enjoy his fill of eggnog in the Christmas issue.

CyberCubed
06-30-2017, 06:46 PM
No one else is as lame as you. Plus it's Mirage canon that the entire cast boozes.

I don't think I've touched alcohol in like...10 years. I just generally drink soda.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-30-2017, 06:50 PM
I always imagined that many versions of the tmnt were so obsessed with pizza they generally forfeiting drinking water alot of the time, let alone any alcoholic drinks. Is there any single time in the comics, original cartoon, movies, 2k3 series or Nick toon that the turtles drink even water?

The only thing I can remember is the OT turtles drinking tea in "The Big Break In" but that was part of a lesson with Splinter and I think they would've not cared otherwise.

Utrommaniac
06-30-2017, 07:00 PM
It's...literally just the very late 90's turtles that all had a pizza obsession. Especially the commercials and product placement.

Candy Kappa
07-01-2017, 03:33 AM
Yeah guys, it's sake. But still pronounced "saki"

Never heard it pronounced with an I, is that like a regional thing?

Wildcat
07-01-2017, 04:08 AM
No one else is as lame as you. Plus it's Mirage canon that the entire cast boozes.I don't drink. I was gonna say the same. Why are we assuming every character drinks alcohol?

I'm sure it's in the comics though I've never read Mirage. Just never thought of them drinking til now.

Water. No doubt about that. Other than that soda, lemonade and fruit punch :D

IndigoErth
07-01-2017, 01:17 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I imagine Leo in most cases likely being a very controlled, minimal drinker. The sort I can relate to, personally. You can't be such a good watchdog over your family and be ready for anything if your head is all screwy... Would be irresponsible and that isn't him. Big brother is prob the inevitable designated driver most of the time and doesn't care.

Though I can't really see Donnie drinking a large amount either unless it was some serious disappointment/depression drinking... Minimal like Leo. If he's got better things to use that mind for other than being drunk, it might reasonably be a waste of time to him.

Mikey and Raph, forget it... the two party boys right there, albeit one far more wild than the other. The two talking Leo into "Fine, just one..."

But that's just what I feel would actually make sense based on who they are as people, can't vouch for what any comics, etc have ever actually done.

Wildcat
07-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Ya I was thinking Leo most likely wouldn't be a big drinker. For that matter none of them if they're always prepared to do battle or fight off some threat. I don't see Splinter allowing it.

I could see only them having 1 alcoholic drink once in a while.

Utrommaniac
07-01-2017, 10:51 PM
I kind of think that in the cases that Donatello does get drunk, he gets into very heated ~*~Science Debate~*~. Which does not go well when he's with those better at Sciencing than him. Like Honeycutt on the robot beer. Or Glurin, off his posterior on cranberry juice.

CyberCubed
07-01-2017, 11:16 PM
I don't drink. I was gonna say the same. Why are we assuming every character drinks alcohol?

Yeah, many people actually don't drink alcohol in real life, at least not on a regular basis and more once in a blue moon.

In Mirage the Turtles do drink beer, as early as the second or third issue actually. Raph asks April for a Beer in Mirage #3 if I remember correctly. :lol:

ssjup81
07-02-2017, 02:24 AM
Can't decide for the others, but for Leo, shochu. Dunno why, just could picture him drinking something like that, or sake or umeshuu.

I guess for Mikey and Raph, beer.

For Donnie, I could see him drinking wines or mixed drinks, like cocktails.

ToTheNines
07-02-2017, 05:01 AM
There's also this:

http://product_images_wc.s3.amazonaws.com/1867186/product/large/1867186.jpg

I don't think I've touched alcohol in like...10 years. I just generally drink soda.

Yeah, no one cares.

neatoman
07-02-2017, 06:29 AM
http://pre07.deviantart.net/b43c/th/pre/i/2013/361/8/6/oroku_sake_by_dan_duncan-d6zof6f.jpg

Shark_Blade
07-02-2017, 09:19 AM
LEO - Wheat-grass drink.

MIKE - Coca-Cola.

RAPH - Mountain Dew.

DONNIE - Plain water/ H20.

SPLINTER - Sake.

APRIL - Honey lemon.

CASEY - Redbull energy drink.

SHREDDER - Sake.

BEEBOP & ROCKSTEADY - Beer.

neatoman
07-02-2017, 09:56 AM
But who drinks milk?
X4OBPziuR44

IndigoErth
07-02-2017, 12:04 PM
I kind of think that in the cases that Donatello does get drunk, he gets into very heated ~*~Science Debate~*~. Which does not go well when he's with those better at Sciencing than him. Like Honeycutt on the robot beer. Or Glurin, off his posterior on cranberry juice.
Why do I suddenly want to see Donnie and Neil deGrasse Tyson having a drunken science debate? :lol:

MsMarvelDuckie
07-03-2017, 02:39 PM
http://pre07.deviantart.net/b43c/th/pre/i/2013/361/8/6/oroku_sake_by_dan_duncan-d6zof6f.jpg

I've seen this before. Too funny!

Why do I suddenly want to see Donnie and Neil deGrasse Tyson having a drunken science debate? :lol:

Now so do I lol!