PDA

View Full Version : Villains that you like

Splinter the boss
07-04-2017, 10:11 AM
We all know villains hardly end up being winners when it comes to TV shows, movies etc...They play a great role and if a show or movie lacks a good one, said show or movie most probably sucks. This thread is for villains to live on forever. You remember that bad guy from one of your favorite movies or shows? Why is he or she so memorable? Recall your favorite villain from your favorite anime? Why is he or she your favorite? Why do you like him or her? Just watched something, how did you like the bad guy? Go at it.

Candy Kappa
07-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Captain Cold from Flash played by Wentworth Miller, I absolutely love him.

MikeandRaph87
07-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Let me link this thread to showcase my favorites...
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52633

snake
07-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Missy from the new Doctor Who seasons. I've been watching seasons 8-10 for the first time (originally stopped at 7) and she's the best thing about the Capaldi era aside from Capaldi himself.

She's great not only because she's the best incarnation of the Master since Delgado, but because she's fun without being overly goofy like the Simm Master was. I'm surprised at how much I liked her from her 3 season stay on the show.

Candy Kappa
07-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Oh yeah, Missy is pretty cool.

Shark_Blade
07-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

Ursula (Little Mermaid)

Fairy Godmother (Shrek 2)

Cruelly De Vil (101 Dalmatians - toon & live action/Glenn Close)

Rita Repulsa (Power Rangers classic and reboot movie)

Darth Maul (Star Wars)

Loki (Thor)

Mystique (X-Men)

Carmen Sandiego

Batman Rogue Galleries (Joker, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Penguin, Two Face, Riddler, Bane etc)

It's surprising that most of them are females tho.... yet in the real world the villains are mostly men. :tconfuse:

Captain Cold from Flash played by Wentworth Miller, I absolutely love him.

Ha, I prefer him in Prison Break but Cold is cool (pun intended) too. :D

ZariusTwo
07-04-2017, 11:35 AM
-Power Rangers villains like Rita, Zedd, Divatox, Ransik and Venjix [Forever Red and RPM versions]

-Doctor Who villians The Master, Davros, the Eighties Cyberleader [''Excellent''], Omega, Rassilon, Valeyard

-The DCAU versions of Batman's rogues gallery

-Captain Planet eco-villains Doctor Blight, Duke Nukem, Sly Sludge, Hoggish Greedly, and Zarn

-Garth Knight and K.A.R.R from Knight Rider

-Shredder, Krang, Baxter Fly, Tony Vivaldi, Lord Dregg and Mung from the classic TMNT

-SATAM Robotnik and Snivley

-Beagle Boys and Glumgold from Ducktales

-Fat Cat and his gang from Rescue Rangers

[Getting into the obscure-as-hell stuff now]

-Texas Pete, Bulk and Skeleton from Superted

-Zordrak and the Urpneys from The Dreamstone

-The Nightmares from Captain Zed and the Zee Zone

-Caracticus P. Doom from Avenger Penguins

-Baron Greenback from Danger Mouse

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
07-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Noone has mentioned Darth Vader yet?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Eobard Thawne / Harrison Wells (played by Tom Cavanagh and Matt Lescher)

Every villain from Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy

General Zod by Michael Shannon

Saruman by Christopher Lee

MikeandRaph87
07-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Noone has mentioned Darth Vader yet?

I did. It is in the link I provided.

I cut out the explanations that went with the ranking. Here is the list:

1. The Shredder

2. Darth Vader

3. The Riddler

4. Venom

5. Dr. Octopus

6. Mr. Freeze

7. The Rat King

8.Slash/ Leatherhead-tie

9. Lex Luthor

10. Lord Zedd

Honorable mention goes to Joker.

Splinter the boss
07-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Reverse Flash because he is something The Flash can't get rid of. Referring to the fact that he forced Barry to free him and let him kill his mother again in The Flash live action series.

AT-Man
07-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Azula (and Zuko).

Skeletor, Hordak and King Hssss.

Zaheer and his companions.

Paul Giamatti's character from Shoot 'Em Up.

ranger_scout
07-04-2017, 02:42 PM
The villains from the 1960's Batman TV series were delightful, especially Julie Newmar, Lee Merriwether and Eartha Kitt's portrayals of Catwoman. Of course, The Shredder, Kraang, and Bebop and Rocksteady are some of my favorite cartoon villains. Helena Bonham Carter's version of Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter series is absolutely brilliant.

-Power Rangers villains like Rita, Zedd, Divatox

-Fat Cat and his gang from Rescue Rangers

Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

Ursula (Little Mermaid)

Fairy Godmother (Shrek 2)

Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians - toon & live action/Glenn Close)

Rita Repulsa (Power Rangers classic and reboot movie)

Mystique (X-Men)

Carmen Sandiego

These are all great. Ursula used to absolutely terrify me as a little kid.

Splinter the boss
07-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Azula (and Zuko).

Zaheer and his companions.

I liked them too. I'm rewatching Korra for zaheer and his friends alone.

Prowler
07-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Dick Dasterdly and Muttley from Stop the Pigeon and Wacky Races... although they might as well be the "heroes" of their shows.

And ofc, Wily E. Coyote!

ranger_scout
07-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Dick Dasterdly and Muttley from Stop the Pigeon and Wacky Races... although they might as well be the "heroes" of their shows.

Paul Winchell also did an excellent job of voicing Gargamel in The Smurfs.

AT-Man
07-04-2017, 03:43 PM
I liked them too. I'm rewatching Korra for zaheer and his friends alone.

I just finished watching Avatar again and now going through Korra. Can't wait for the third season.

Splinter the boss
07-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Watching Korra for the first time?

Wesley
07-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Ben Linus (Lost)
Angelus, The Mayor and Glory (Buffy)
Lindsey McDonald and Lilah Morgan (Angel)
Elias (Person of Interest)
The Joker and Lex Luthor (DCAU)
Shredder and Rat King (1987 tmnt)
The Shredder and Agent Bishop (2003 tmnt)
Keyser Soze (The Usual Suspects)
The Caller (Phone Booth)
Katherine and Kai (The Vampire Diaries)
David Xantos (Gargoyles)
Sylar (Heroes)
Penguin (Gotham)
Doc Ock (Spiderman 2)

CyberCubed
07-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Keyser Soze. Anyone who doesn't know who that is is missing out on the greatest criminal masterminds of all time.

Spike Spiegel
07-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Divatox, Scorpina, Trakeena, and Ransik (Power Rangers)

Mother Brain (Metroid)

Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer)

Riddler (Frank Gorshin)

DCAU:
Joker
Darkseid
Poison Ivy
Lex Luthor
Harley Quinn
Livewire
Roxy Rocket

Anavel Gato, Cima Garahau, Char Aznable, Ramba Ral, Lady Haman,Kycilia Zabi (Gundam)

Khan, Lore, Kruge (Star Trek)

Darth Vader and prequel era Palpatine (Star Wars)

Splinter the boss
07-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Deadshot from assault on arkham because he's strong and analytical
Killer Frost from The Flash, mainly because of the costume plus she had a great character development.
Harley Quinn from assault on arkham because she betrayed the team and joined joker, no one saw it coming. She's deceptive
Killer frost from assault on arkham because she's cool

raph27
07-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Prometheus from the latest season of Arrow. After how disappointing Damien Darhk was, they really turned things around and made a great villain for season 5.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Ben Linus (Lost)
Angelus, The Mayor and Glory (Buffy)
Lindsey McDonald and Lilah Morgan (Angel)
Elias (Person of Interest)
The Joker and Lex Luthor (DCAU)
Shredder and Rat King (1987 tmnt)
The Shredder and Agent Bishop (2003 tmnt)
Keyser Soze (The Usual Suspects)
The Caller (Phone Booth)
Katherine and Kai (The Vampire Diaries)
David Xantos (Gargoyles)
Sylar (Heroes)
Penguin (Gotham)
Doc Ock (Spiderman 2)

YES to all of these!! Except for Ben, Keyser and Elias. Never watched those shows. I will amend the DCAU Joker to the B:TAS version. Hamill rules that role.... Fully agree with all the others though. Especially Xanatos. Easily my favorite of those listed.

I will add a few as well. 60's Batman Catwoman(all of them), Dracula from Bram Stoker's Dracula (Gary Oldman), Khan from Star Trek(SERIOUSLY??!! WHY has no one mentioned him??!!) and Lore from TNG.

Utrommaniac
07-04-2017, 07:55 PM
General Krang, obviously. I'll wait for Colonel Ch'rell to turn up, but I think he'll be there.

Lord Shen, from Kung Fu Panda 2

Daleks, Doctor Who (Specifically, Dalek X/Dalek Inquisitor General from the book "Prisoner of the Daleks".)

Grendel's Mother, Beowulf

Nagaina, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi (which is basically just the first two thirds of Beowulf, but in India with animals)

The Rat Creatures, Bone

Pterano, Land Before Time VII (YES THAT. FIGHT ME. He's been one of my favorite characters as a whole since I was six years old and I probably have a greater appreciation for him now than I did then)

Dr. Reginald Bushroot, Darkwing Duck

TurtleWA
07-04-2017, 09:07 PM
One of my more recent favorite villains.
93lrosBEW-Q

DestronMirage22
07-04-2017, 11:48 PM
Akihiko Kayaba from Sword Art Online

Zim, Gir, and Tak from Invader Zim

The Xenomorphs and Yautjas from the Alien and Predator films are technically the villains so I'll count them

I've always liked the various forms of Buu from DBZ, but Kid Buu is my favorite

Shockwave from Transformers

Gideon Graves from Scott Pilgrim

The Lord of Owls from Usagi Yojimbo

Giegue from Earthbound

And of course: SHUMA GORATH!!!

MsMarvelDuckie
07-04-2017, 11:51 PM
General Krang, obviously. I'll wait for Colonel Ch'rell to turn up, but I think he'll be there.

Lord Shen, from Kung Fu Panda 2

Daleks, Doctor Who (Specifically, Dalek X/Dalek Inquisitor General from the book "Prisoner of the Daleks".)

Grendel's Mother, Beowulf

Nagaina, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi (which is basically just the first two thirds of Beowulf, but in India with animals)

The Rat Creatures, Bone

Pterano, Land Before Time VII (YES THAT. FIGHT ME. He's been one of my favorite characters as a whole since I was six years old and I probably have a greater appreciation for him now than I did then)

Dr. Reginald Bushroot, Darkwing Duck

Bushroot? :teek: :tlol: Give me Negaduck LOL! Or Megavolt. Loved those two.

Hmm, Jennar from Secret of NIHM. And King Haggard from Last Unicorn. Mommy Fortuna too.

Utrommaniac
07-05-2017, 12:01 AM
What can I say? Ol Reggie was endearing :D . A huge section of my 2011 deviantART is full of him...and also Pterano. Shipped him with Liquidator too (it's STILL a damn shame they never teamed up by themselves like Megavolt and Quackerjack often did)

MsMarvelDuckie
07-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Ahh the villain team ups.... I loved the episode with the formation of the Justice Ducks. Negaduck formed a villain team so Darkwing had to rally the good guys. Classic! And I know she doesn't TECHNICALLY count as a villain except in her first appearance(before she fell for Darkwing and "reformed") but Morganna Macabre was always a fave of mine too. So much so that I named my first evil D&D pc after her. She was a magic-using assassin and thief. Pure evil and a bit of a sadist.

Utrommaniac
07-05-2017, 12:45 AM
Aww, she was actually a little bit of a plot mover in a fanfiction that I never wrote.

In which Bushroot, rife with loneliness and wishing he was able to settle down like a regular duck, manages to grow some Lycium Lycanthropus hybrid flowers. And in a standoff with Darkwing, where Morgana got involved, she accidentally casts a spell on one of the flowers that turns it into a duckling plant, which is promptly named Juniper (https://bat-snake.deviantart.com/art/Daddy-s-Little-Girl-193904413). So of course things get awkward after that point.

I think I've discussed this before, but I also had an AU where only some of the characters were gender swapped. Mainly because I thought a lady Bushroot would be cute, and that a lady Darkwing would be extremely fun. (https://bat-snake.deviantart.com/art/Sunset-Zone-Darkwing-199389477) I swear naming Duchess Mallard's husband "Duke" was an accident.

Wesley
07-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Honourable mentions go to Valmont from Jackie Chan Adventures (Season 1 only), Dr. Robotnik from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and The Hooded Claw from the perils of penelope pitstop. They were all voiced brilliantly by their respective actors.

Splinter the boss
07-05-2017, 06:49 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DmmVv6jsWtY/maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.wykop.pl/cdn/c3201142/comment_APTtfGK3TB2jR3GjgGxyuaHfuAJFVW4i.jpg

Tobi and Madara from Naruto. Who doesn't like a masked villain with a big ego, and a god-like villain with intertwined agendas

AT-Man
07-06-2017, 05:06 AM
Watching Korra for the first time?

Nope, the second.

While I'm at it, I'll just add Vulture from Spider-Man: Homecoming to my favorite villains list.

Candy Kappa
07-06-2017, 05:27 AM
MCU Loki and Comics Malekith are great villains.

Strahd von Zarovich from Ravenloft, a old D&D module which been revamped for each new edition and got his own books and the module spun into it's own D&D setting (which I'm not a fan of). He's basically all Vampire lords in one glorious package.

Vecna is also a fun D&D villain, his first mention was that he was a long dead lich and his hand and eye was the only remnants left as powerful magical artifacts. Then he came back as a demigod and through the editions ascended to a full god.

Wesley
07-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Barbas and Zankou in Charmed were great villains, imo. Barbas had the ability to turn people's fears against them. Zankou was very cunning.

CyberCubed
07-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Freeza is the greatest villain of all time!!!!

ranger_scout
11-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Even though Halloween is over I really enjoy the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus. They are very funny villains and all three actresses playing them looked like they were a ball playing those parts.

Allio
11-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Ms. Direction in Ever After High. As a narrator that literally changes the script written by the author, it was neat seeing how the girls could beat a concept

Autbot_Benz
11-01-2017, 10:54 PM
The Doctor Who Villains ( The Master Davros Daleks Cybermen etc)
Batman's Rouges
Flash's Rouges
The Deadites from Evil Dead
The brotherhood of Mutants
Decepticons
The Empire/First Order
Spider-Man's Rouges
Disney Villains
Edgar and Boris the Animal from MIB 1 and 3
MCU Loki
Rita Repulsa Lord Zedd Goldar Rito Revolto Finster Scorpina Baboo and Squat from MMPR and there Super Sentai Counterparts.

MsMarvelDuckie
11-01-2017, 11:10 PM
MCU Loki and Comics Malekith are great villains.

Strahd von Zarovich from Ravenloft, a old D&D module which been revamped for each new edition and got his own books and the module spun into it's own D&D setting (which I'm not a fan of). He's basically all Vampire lords in one glorious package.

Vecna is also a fun D&D villain, his first mention was that he was a long dead lich and his hand and eye was the only remnants left as powerful magical artifacts. Then he came back as a demigod and through the editions ascended to a full god.

Ahh Strahd. I loved the novel I, Strahd. Though personally I've always been more partial to Lord Soth. Dragonlance's biggest villain by way of uber-fail at the ONE THING that could have prevented the Cataclysm!! Well that and he was a craptastic excuse for a human being from the get-go.

Now there are a couple of villains from Forgotten Realms I love, too- Artemis Entreri and Alton De'Vir. Both were great villains for different reasons- though Entreri eventually "reformed" in a way. I loved the Sellswords books with him and Jarlaxle Beanre.

Regarding Vecna, how do you think he would stack up against Larloch, or Halaster Blackcloak? Granted they never became gods but as liches go, Larloch was considered the most powerful of all, and Halaster is arguably the most insane mage who ever lived.

Splinter the boss
11-06-2017, 08:16 AM
General Zod from MoS and his acolytes.

Wesley
11-07-2017, 03:27 PM
More recently, Lt. Gerard from the 1960s tv series The Fugitive, though hes not really a villain. Hes just obsessed with hunting down and recapturing Kimble.

Leofan26
11-09-2017, 05:49 PM
My favorite villains

Danny Phantom - Vlad / Dark Danny

Kim Possible - Monkey Fist

Invader Zim - Zim???

Star Vs the Forces of evil - Eclipsa

Milo Murphey's Law - Pistacshio group ( See the specials before you judge LOL )

The Simpsons - Sideshow Bob

Ben 10 / UA - Vilgax

Code name kids next door - Father

I'm sure there's more, I like the genius type over brawn. The ones that picture the world as a game of chess and plays the hero often.

shuriken
11-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Ok trying to put down ones that people haven't really mentioned.
Lucifer from Supernatural, as well as Azazel
Cell from DBZ (they're all so damn charismatic)
Freddy Kreuger in the Nightmare on Elm Street series
Rico from Judge Dredd (LAAAAAW)

Utrommaniac
11-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Star Vs the Forces of evil - Eclipsa

Eclipsa's barely a thing yet :P . Sure, she's shown up and cast some misgivings.

Toffee, however...(with his...incredibly gruesome death. On Disney.)

blindturtle02
11-10-2017, 08:04 AM
So many to choose from. I think Darkseid is at the top of my list. Of course, there's also Krang/Kraang, and the various incarnations of Shredder I've seen over the years. I've recently gotten hooked on all things Dragon Ball and am enjoying that cast of villains very much. I've only seen Frieza in the Bardock movie since I'm trying to watch everything in order, but can't wait to see more of him later in Z. That guy's brutal. I'd be remiss if I failed to mention Stephen King's Randall Flagg, the Crimson King who commands him, and Pennywise. More later if Spectrum cooperates.

nickzark
11-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Darth Vader