PDA

View Full Version : There are now 7.5 BILLION people who inhabit Earth.

Papenbrook
07-05-2017, 07:23 AM
http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

snake
07-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Pretty cool

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-05-2017, 08:35 AM
And only ONE of them is me. :tsad:

Krutch
07-05-2017, 08:50 AM
And only ONE of them is me. :tsad:
Just one? Man, you gotta get on that. At least five or six are me.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Just one? Man, you gotta get on that. At least five or six are me.

:tlol:

Sounds like you got your own band of Krutch Clones!

MsMarvelDuckie
07-05-2017, 09:44 AM
I need a couple of those. If I could clone myself a couple of times and put them to work where I work, that place would be so much better off. We could get stuff done so much faster and better and maybe some of our former customers would come back.

Andrew NDB
07-05-2017, 10:26 AM
http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

This is terrible news.

CyberCubed
07-05-2017, 11:59 AM
The vast majority of them live in poor third world countries where they basically live on the street or the wilderness and can't feed their families. I think people often forget how many people live in the poorer parts of South America, the middle east, African, or south Asian countries.

Does this also account for all those African tribes that still live like humans did 10,000 years ago? There are still African tribes that live off the land and are segregated from all of modern society and still live in tea huts and hunt animals with spears to this day.

IndigoErth
07-05-2017, 12:08 PM
7.5 billion.... Gah, move over!

I'm going to blame today's humidity on this. 7.5 billion humans, plus all the other warm blooded creatures, breathing all their hot stanky breath and making the weather conditions feel gross. :ohwell:

I need a couple of those. If I could clone myself a couple of times and put them to work where I work, that place would be so much better off. We could get stuff done so much faster and better and maybe some of our former customers would come back.
Great idea! I need one too... Then I can remain sitting here in my pajamas at 2pm, because its too hot and humid for work clothes yet (or other normal clothes) until I must, and she can go to work for me.

Prowler
07-05-2017, 01:16 PM
And about 2 billion of them live in China and India.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-05-2017, 01:29 PM
The population is decreasing in the developed world due to the very low birthrate while Asia and Africa have a rapidly growing population due to increasing urbanisation and cultural significance of having children.

Prowler
07-05-2017, 01:31 PM
The population is decreasing in the developed world due to the very low birthrate while Asia and Africa have a rapidly growing population due to increasing urbanisation and cultural significance of having children.
If African and Asian economies keep on rising, their birthrates will begin declining as well. Who knows if Europe's situation regarding birthrates will still be the same in about 60 years or if people from Africa and Asia will still see Europe as a desirable place to migrate to.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
If African and Asian economies keep on rising, their birthrates will begin declining as well. Who knows if Europe's situation regarding birthrates will still be the same in about 60 years or if people from Africa and Asia will still see Europe as a desirable place to migrate to.

While that is a definete possibility, I don't think that economic growth decreasing birth rates is a given, since the society's cultural attitude also matters. The collectivist/religious mindset in Asian and African countries is very different from the developed worlds individualistic/secular outlook, the former of which I expect would still result in a high birthrate, even if the countries started doing better economically.

Prowler
07-05-2017, 01:46 PM
While that is a definete possibility, I don't think that economic growth decreasing birth rates is a given, since the society's cultural attitude also matters. The collectivist/religious mindset in Asian and African countries is very different from the developed worlds individualistic/secular outlook, the former of which I expect would still result in a high birthrate, even if the countries started doing better economically.
That is true but mindsets change throughout history. I mean look at Japan and South Korea. They are very fast ageing countries with very low birthrates nowadays.

CyberCubed
07-05-2017, 02:42 PM

Which is a problem. Most of those people are poor as hell and they keep having children, and then they wonder why they can't feed their families.

So you have poverty and kids dying of starvation or being homeless.

Papenbrook
07-06-2017, 01:25 AM
I wish there were more people on Earth.

snake
07-06-2017, 03:32 AM
I wish there were less, honestly. We're getting crowded.

ToTheNines
07-06-2017, 03:38 AM
I wish there were less, honestly. We're getting crowded.

Join the pro-choice crowd.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-06-2017, 07:43 PM
I wish there were more people on Earth.

Sweet mother WHY?! We are already crowding out every other species on the planet. We don't need more humans. The ship is full already. You want to sink it?

GoldMutant
07-07-2017, 08:06 AM
The scary thing is we'll be at nearly 10 billion citizens on the planet by 2050. According to un.org, "The current world population of 7.3 billion is expected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion in 2100". Why we need more people is beyond me.

Unless it helps with jobs and production can go well, it's dangerous. It may seem cool now, but my God. :o

The article BTW is here: http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/news/population/2015-report.html

TurtleWA
07-07-2017, 10:09 AM
The scary thing is we'll be at nearly 10 billion citizens on the planet by 2050. According to un.org, "The current world population of 7.3 billion is expected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion in 2100". Why we need more people is beyond me.

Unless it helps with jobs and production can go well, it's dangerous. It may seem cool now, but my God. :o

The article BTW is here: http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/news/population/2015-report.html

It's difficult not to picture a dystopian future. What will housing, food supply, and basic medical care all look like? What new social political issues will emerge? Will Robots struggle to gain rights in the workforce? What about the environmental impacts? Will there be a new world government that enacts laws surrounding global reproductive rights?

IndigoErth
07-07-2017, 10:38 AM
It's a shame that we're pretty much a plague species and for the most part don't even realize it. At least not until we are our own downfall.

CyberCubed
07-07-2017, 11:43 AM
We will likely have colonies on the moon or on Mars by the next 50-100 years, so a lot of people may not even live on Earth anymore.

IndigoErth
07-07-2017, 12:11 PM
I dunno... even the "flying cars" haven't exactly come to fruition yet. :trazz: (Unless you count small airplanes.) They're only just now starting to parallel park themselves for us. Colonizing the Moon or Mars feels a bit further away then 50 or 100 years.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Even if there will be colonization of other planets in the future, I doubt it will even come close to solving poverty as most of the people leaving will be those in developed countries who can afford it.

CyberCubed
07-07-2017, 12:27 PM
I dunno... even the "flying cars" haven't exactly come to fruition yet. :trazz: (Unless you count small airplanes.) They're only just now starting to parallel park themselves for us. Colonizing the Moon or Mars feels a bit further away then 50 or 100 years.

Think of how much technology and the world changed from 1950 to now. 50 years nowadays is a huge jump in technology, inventions and scientific breakthroughs.

TurtleWA
07-07-2017, 12:40 PM

Flying cars might need to be small helicopters unless the wings are retractable somehow. How would parking work? More people in the sky would be very helpful nowadays with how bad traffic gets. Almost 2 out of every 100 people in Alaska have a pilot license. I think more flying commuters is a near future possibility. It would take one of the big auto companies deciding to get behind it. Just has to be affordable.

Splinter the boss
07-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Good thing I'll be long gone when people will have to practice cannibalism to survive.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-07-2017, 06:34 PM

Actually.....

http://news.wyotech.edu/post/2012/06/7-real-life-flying-cars/#.WV_wmoEo7fo

Flying cars might need to be small helicopters unless the wings are retractable somehow. How would parking work? More people in the sky would be very helpful nowadays with how bad traffic gets. Almost 2 out of every 100 people in Alaska have a pilot license. I think more flying commuters is a near future possibility. It would take one of the big auto companies deciding to get behind it. Just has to be affordable.

I believe THIS is in order....

https://youtu.be/1dq17-kXWYA

Well here is the link since it didn't seem to work. This is why I hate trying to embed stuff...

https://youtu.be/1dq17-kXWYA

Candy Kappa
07-08-2017, 02:53 AM
When people talk about flying cars, it's heavily implied it's commercialized flying cars that you can buy at a retailer, not wacky prototypes or needing a runway to take-off like a plane.

The Airbus' Drone Plane CarPod looks kinda nifty, but. Flying Cars is a nice idea on paper, but most people are already incompetent on the road, now we're gonna have them in their air. No thanks :lol:

MsMarvelDuckie
07-10-2017, 08:01 PM
According to several articles I found there are at least a couple of car companies interested in marketing one.

ProphetofGanja
07-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Flying cars are one of those things that people in the past thought would be a good idea in the future but now here in the present we realize that it's dumb as ****. Personal vehicles based on fossil fuels are like the most inefficient form of transit ever devised. If AI keeps improving we could have a fleet of self-driven cars that communicate with each other and traffic jams would become virtually nonexistant and traffic fatalities would go way, way down. But it's still an inefficient system; something way better could be put in place if we choose to be forward-thinking. Like a hyperloop or a really big version of the vacuum tube that sends the canister back and forth between the bank and your car when you go through the drive-thru.

ProactiveMan
07-11-2017, 01:39 AM
Why not just make quad-copters with little handles underneath?