PDA

View Full Version : OT Krang, Dimension X, banishment and other stuff

Danetello
07-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Right off the bat from when we first see Krang we learn that he was banished to Earth and his body (whatever form that actually was) was taken from him. This leads me to wonder a couple of things.

First of all, apparently Krang has been working on a dimensional portal, and when he claims it is finally operational at the end of season one, the Technodrome is sent back through the portal. Upon arriving in Dimension X, it is apparent that Krang has a vast army waiting for his return, ready to serve under his command once again.

So the question to that part is, where are the ones who banished him? Why do they never try to banish him again, and why does Krang never try to recover his original body whilst in Dimension X?

Second, and this kind of leads on from the first thing, what does he do all day when he isn't pulling some ridiculous from behind his back (literally)? Does he actually command his army? Was Krang retaking Dimension X sector by sector whenever he was off screen?

I know we're never going to know for sure, but I think it's interesting and fun to speculate.

Thoughts?

Powder
07-08-2017, 04:15 PM
He was banished by Kraang Sub-Prime.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Danetello
07-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Well, that's a matter of perspective, which has been discussed endlessly on other threads. That doesn't really answer what I was asking, though.

ABrown
07-08-2017, 05:14 PM
So the question to that part is, where are the ones who banished him? Why do they never try to banish him again, and why does Krang never try to recover his original body whilst in Dimension X?

Who banished him? Good question. It might've been a rival conqueror, or it might've been someone siding with the Neutrinos looking to end the war(s). Why do they never try to banish him again? Who knows? Maybe they did try again, and we just never saw it onscreen.

Why did he not try to recover his old body? That one seems pretty easy to answer. The body that Shredder built for Krang was designed BY Krang. So I'm assuming his android body that was featured during the show would be a step up on whatever android body he had prior to the series. This is of course assuming that his previous body wasn't the lizard thing featured in season seven. If that was his body, then I assume that the lizard body was basically dead after being split from it.

Second, and this kind of leads on from the first thing, what does he do all day when he isn't pulling some ridiculous from behind his back (literally)?

Wasn't Krang in at least one episode watching a soap opera?

DarkFell
07-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Wasn't Krang in at least one episode watching a soap opera?
Yes - that scene appeared in Season 3 Episode 13 - The Ninja Sword of Nowhere.

Utrommaniac
07-08-2017, 06:41 PM
John and Marsha :D ! He was even crying a little XD .

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
07-09-2017, 03:43 AM
The entire concept of Krang's body is mostly a season 1-thing. It's toned down later.

neatoman
07-09-2017, 04:55 AM
Right off the bat from when we first see Krang we learn that he was banished to Earth and his body (whatever form that actually was) was taken from him. This leads me to wonder a couple of things.

First of all, apparently Krang has been working on a dimensional portal, and when he claims it is finally operational at the end of season one, the Technodrome is sent back through the portal. Upon arriving in Dimension X, it is apparent that Krang has a vast army waiting for his return, ready to serve under his command once again.

Second, and this kind of leads on from the first thing, what does he do all day when he isn't pulling some ridiculous from behind his back (literally)? Does he actually command his army? Was Krang retaking Dimension X sector by sector whenever he was off screen?

I know we're never going to know for sure, but I think it's interesting and fun to speculate.

Thoughts?

First off, most of this can be explained as David Wise being a terrible writer who don't really think anything through before he puts it on paper, edits it after he's done or even seems to care in the first place. Secondly, he's not nearly the master mind behind the show as he claims to be, most of what he has said has been contradicted by other people whose stories align with each other much better (and has more evidence to back up their claims). The much more likely scenario is that he was given a set of characters and concepts to work with (Krang and the Technodrome probably included, not his own creation as he claims) and had to figure out a semi-coherent way for them to align. Not to mention that we know for a fact that his original script is not what was produced, Eastman and Laird came in and vetoed a lot of it.

So with that in mind, what we have here is a careless hack who was told to make a saturday morning cartoon out of a violent indie comic, except he had to add a rhino, a warthog, a giant golfball on wheels, turn the alien squids into a single character and a whole bunch of other things and then the original authors excercise their right to veto what they don't like. Of course it's a nonsensical mess. There is no proper in-universe explaination, just fan speculation.

However, here's my point: The original ending was vetoed.
Originally, the first season was going to end with Shredder and Krang fusing together, the Turtles teaming up with Baxter and taking the Technodrome as their new base. There's another thread covering this here:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57229&highlight=article

So there you have it, if the ending had remained intact Krang would have never returned to Dimension X (at least not with the Technodrome) and he wouldn't be able to return to his original body as he fused with Shredder. It's just nobody bother to change anything to make more sense with the new ending.

07-09-2017, 05:02 AM
I'm glad the turtles didn't take over the Technodrome. But are those early scripts on the Internet?

Danetello
07-09-2017, 05:17 AM
There is no proper in-universe explaination, just fan speculation.

But that's what makes it fun. I was just curious as to what others think Krang might have done.

neatoman
07-09-2017, 05:26 AM
I'm glad the turtles didn't take over the Technodrome. But are those early scripts on the Internet?

They're not as far as I know, I would have posted them in that case.

Not that I suspect they're good scripts by any means but I'd love to read them, just to see how much actually went into the episodes. The same goes for the Playmates documents handed to the FW staff, I want to see how much actually started with those scripts.

07-09-2017, 05:41 AM
They're not as far as I know, I would have posted them in that case.

Not that I suspect they're good scripts by any means but I'd love to read them, just to see how much actually went into the episodes. The same goes for the Playmates documents handed to the FW staff, I want to see how much actually started with those scripts.

Also, as you probably know, Krang took over Shredder's body in Archie.

http://tmntentity.blogspot.se/2008/10/tmnt-adventures-24.html

Right before Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady were written out of the main storyline.

neatoman
07-09-2017, 05:47 AM
Also, as you probably know, Krang took over Shredder's body in Archie.

http://tmntentity.blogspot.se/2008/10/tmnt-adventures-24.html

Right before Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady were written out of the main storyline.

I know that, I'm more interested in concepts I don't know about. Like if there's anything else in those scripts that didn't make it into the actual episodes.

Danetello
07-09-2017, 05:54 AM
I think you're taking this way too seriously, and have kinda derailed what I was going for. I just wanted some speculative fun. :trolleye:

07-09-2017, 06:04 AM
I also guess Baxter Stockman would've started as an antagonist, but switch side.

Wesley
07-09-2017, 01:18 PM
I never paid much attention to Krang's backstory, to be honest. We don't learn much about Krang or Dimension X over the course of the series. It was implied that he conquered parts of Dimension X off-screen in season 2 when he had a somewhat powered-up Technodrome at his disposal.

07-10-2017, 12:28 PM
I guess Krang conquered parts of Dimension X before losing anything before being banished, ending up on Earth. I don't think he conquered anything after that.

Wesley
07-10-2017, 01:07 PM
I thought Krang seemed to be a real warlord in season 2, though, as he busy doing other things in Dimension X (in the episode It Came From Beneath the Sewers, for example).

07-10-2017, 03:11 PM
I thought Krang seemed to be a real warlord in season 2, though, as he busy doing other things in Dimension X (in the episode It Came From Beneath the Sewers, for example).

I just recall him calling back Shredder to the Technodrome in that episode to talk about the crystal. Not Krang sayubg ge was busy with anything,

Wesley
07-10-2017, 03:18 PM
I just recall him calling back Shredder to the Technodrome in that episode to talk about the crystal. Not Krang sayubg ge was busy with anything,

Thought he said he was busy being an intergalactic evil doer. I must have misinterpreted what Krang said.

neatoman
07-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Thinking back on the original post here, who did in fact banish Krang to earth? Out of the characters we see, I don't know how any of them could be his banishers.

The Neutrinos? No, they seem to stay out of his business.
The Rock Soldiers? No, they seem to universally be his servants.
Drakus? No, he had already been screwed over.
Shreeka? No, she didn't have the power.
Dregg? No, he didn't seem to know about Krang.

Wesley
07-10-2017, 03:41 PM
I always thought Krang was banished by some other alien race.

07-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Thought he said he was busy being an intergalactic evil doer. I must have misinterpreted what Krang said.

I checked it out. He said ruthless.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Kraang subprime makes the most sense to me since the Kraang were the only force in Dimension X who were even more powerful than Krang's army (other than the Tricertatons ofcourse, but the Kraang blew them up).

07-11-2017, 02:27 AM
Kraang subprime makes the most sense to me since the Kraang were the only force in Dimension X who were even more powerful than Krang's army (other than the Tricertatons ofcourse, but the Kraang blew them up).

Easy for us to think, 20 years after the series ended...

DarkFell
07-11-2017, 08:38 PM
I always thought Krang was banished by some other alien race.
So, since I read neatoman's post, I narrowed it down to this possibility.

Maybe Krang might have been brought to trial, sentenced, and banished by his own race (Kinda like the 2K3 TMNT version of the Utrom Council vs. Ch'rell trial.). I visualize the jurors as both the non-evolved brain-like and their evolved reptilian (Krangazoid) forms present at Krang's trial.

(I'm excluding 2k12 banishment by Subprime - sorry Nick TMNT fans.)

07-12-2017, 01:38 AM
So, since I read neatoman's post, I narrowed it down to this possibility.

Maybe Krang might have been brought to trial, sentenced, and banished by his own race (Kinda like the 2K3 TMNT version of the Utrom Council vs. Ch'rell trial.). I visualize the jurors as both the non-evolved brain-like and their evolved reptilian (Krangazoid) forms present at Krang's trial.

(I'm excluding 2k12 banishment by Subprime - sorry Nick TMNT fans.)

It musn't have been a trial, his species could have sent him through a portal during battle. I don't think he was meant to end up on Earth.

pferreira
07-13-2017, 09:47 AM
First off, most of this can be explained as David Wise being a terrible writer who don't really think anything through before he puts it on paper, edits it after he's done or even seems to care in the first place.Which is how most writers write, jealous much? Writers have to care about what they do. There is some quality control, I know that's difficult for you to grasp.

Secondly, he's not nearly the master mind behind the show as he claims to be, most of what he has said has been contradicted by other people whose stories align with each other much better (and has more evidence to back up their claims).We were taking about Krang's exile to Earth. Thanks for turning this into a David Wise hate bashing thread. I mean seriously what did he say to you today that made you come on this thread to troll?

The much more likely scenario is that he was given a set of characters and concepts to work with (Krang and the Technodrome probably included, not his own creation as he claims) and had to figure out a semi-coherent way for them to align.It's amazing you spend more time on this forum than I do yet you learn so little from what other people have to say. :roll:

Not to mention that we know for a fact that his original script is not what was produced, Eastman and Laird came in and vetoed a lot of it.As with all scripts man! His script mostly survived intact. Not sure why you're complaining.

So with that in mind, what we have here is a careless hack who was told to make a saturday morning cartoon out of a violent indie comic, except he had to add a rhino, a warthog, a giant golfball on wheels, turn the alien squids into a single character and a whole bunch of other things and then the original authors excercise their right to veto what they don't like. Of course it's a nonsensical mess. There is no proper in-universe explaination, just fan speculation.When the mods say not to cause trouble I always think of you. ;)

http://wanna-joke.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/funny-gif-troll-of-the-dat-rain.gif

Anyway getting back to the actual topic... My understanding was that Krang tried to gain too much power and everyone turned against him. He was taken out of his body but I was always under the impression he stole the newly completed Technodrome and escaped to Earth. I mean why would his kind banish him to Earth with a powerful artillery vehicle? The Technodrome is too advanced to have been built on Earth.

It musn't have been a trial, his species could have sent him through a portal during battle. I don't think he was meant to end up on Earth.As I said, he probably escaped with the Technodrome in a last bid for freedom from his banishment but ended up on Earth.

07-13-2017, 10:12 AM
Krang also abandoned Shreeka in the Andromeda Galaxy.