PDA

View Full Version : Warner Bros. Officially Announces 'Gotham By Gaslight' Animated Film.

Autbot_Benz
07-08-2017, 07:16 PM
It's official! A look at the upcoming Batman and Harley Quinn special features section has confirmed that Warner Bros. is working on the new Batman: Gotham By Gaslight animated film. Earlier this year, 'Dexter' star Jennifer Carperter revealed at Wizard World: St. Louis that she was attached to an animated film of the same title, but was mum on who the studio was. She will be providing the voice of the Dark Knight's current bride-to-be, Catwoman. This reveal, if and when confirmed, means that the studio will be making changes to the original story as readers of this beloved one-shot know that Catwoman was not involved in it.

Here is the official synopsis for the film-

"In an age of mystery and superstition, how would the people of Gotham react to a weird creature of the night, a bat-garbed vigilante feared by the guilty and the innocent alike? The very first Elseworlds tale re-imagines the Dark Knight detective in Victorian times and pits him against the infamous murderer Jack the Ripper."

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight did have a sequal story known as Master of the Future (1991), written by Augustyn with drawing done by Eduardo Barreto. With that knowledge, it is possible that the animated film may already have it's on sequal to be released, should Gotham By Gaslight sell well.

For your first look at the upcoming Batman: Gotham by Gaslight animated movie, be sure to check out the return of Loren Lester as Nightwing, Kevin Conroy as Batman, Animator Bruce Timm and new Harley Quinn voice actor Melissa Ranch (The Big Bang Theory) and grab Batman and Harley Quinn on August 29, 2017 at whatever place you still go to buy DVDs. Or go digital.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/warner-bros-officially-announces-gotham-by-gaslight-animated-film-a152291

MikeandRaph87
07-08-2017, 07:39 PM
That is an interesting choice. I keep hoping for 'Hush' or 'Sinestro Corps War'.

Is the Animation Department still under the rule of giving us two out of three in a New t2 style?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Eh.

All these one-offs don't impress me. Haven't been interested in one since "Killing Joke."

Haven't really enjoyed one since "Under the Red Hood."

CyberCubed
07-08-2017, 08:10 PM
The animated films in general are hit or miss. Of the 20+ they made, about half are good and the other half are boring or forgettable.

ProactiveMan
07-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Gotham by Gaslight is pretty good - I'd like to see a live action version, but I can't see that ever happening.

Shark_Blade
07-09-2017, 09:35 PM
I actually love Adam West and Burt Ward animated movie of the The Return of the Caped Crusaders. :D This might be good too.

Krutch
07-10-2017, 04:41 AM
Isn't this the steampunk Batman one? I have this traceback kicking around. I like it, but don't understand the cult following it has. I'm pretty sure there was even a cancelled video game for it a few years back.

Autbot_Benz
08-24-2017, 05:07 PM
woa8JjGpGLY

TheSkeletonMan939
08-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Just how cheap are these films? The animation is so sloppy, as if every other frame is missing. It's fine to cut those corners for, like, background characters, but every single shot in every single recent DC animated film looks atrocious.

CyberCubed
08-24-2017, 08:29 PM
At least there's no sex scene in this one. Or so I hope.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-24-2017, 08:39 PM
At least there's no sex scene in this one. Or so I hope.

Just wait, buddy. I promise you that you'll have something risque to complain about. :trazz:

Sumac
08-24-2017, 08:40 PM
Who will **** who this time?

Redeemer
08-24-2017, 10:01 PM
Just wait, buddy. I promise you that you'll have something risque to complain about. :trazz:

exactly this is a steampunk story :lol: and its a story about prostitutes getting killed lol.

I am betting Selena Kyle and Bruce this time.

Autbot_Benz
08-24-2017, 10:31 PM
exactly this is a steampunk story :lol: and its a story about prostitutes getting killed lol.

I am betting Selena Kyle and Bruce this time.

there is a scene in the sneak preview that shows Bruce and Selina in bed together they are under red sheets and Bruce says is there a problem officer.