PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer serialised dramas or procedurals?

Wesley
07-16-2017, 01:04 PM
I'm somewhere in between. I like dramas with a mix of serialised storytelling and standalone episodes along with interesting characters more (Buffy, for example). I do like procedurals such as Person of Interest and Castle, too if they have interesting characters as well.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Both. I like some for the characters and the stand alone stories like L&O or Criminal Minds, and some shows for the plot arcs like in Blue Bloods or Leverage. But the charaters still have to be interesting.

ProactiveMan
07-17-2017, 03:02 AM
I like short serials that have an ending. Doesn't have to be the end of the show forever, but each season should have some kind of resolution.

If it's a show that they want to run for a long time, then I prefer a procedural. I won't start watching a serial these days if I don't think there is a plan to end it. Too many of them go on until the money dries up and then they kill it in the least satisfying way possible.

Wildcat
07-17-2017, 03:18 AM
Only crime show I really got into was Bones. It ended this year. I also started to watch Motive but it ended shortly after.

Bones was more serialised because it really got into the personal lives of the cast and some cases/killers were drawn out over time. I guess I prefer those since it's more detailed.

It's funny this topic is brought up. I just discovered Cop Rock. An old 90s show. Look it up if you've never heard of it. It's worth checking out. :lol: