PDA

View Full Version : At what point in Mirage do I read Tales of the TMNT?

Cyndaquilfan123
07-19-2017, 01:48 PM
So recently a couple weeks ago I read The first volume of the Ultimate Collection, and soon will be purchasing the 2nd volume. But I realized there's also Tales to read, as well as the rest of the Ultimate Collection. So, can any Mirage experts help me out?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Read the original seven issues of Tales of the TMNT (i.e. the first volume) somewhere between "Return to New York" (Ultimate Collection 3) and "City at War" (Ultimate Collections 4 and 5).

That's the casual timeline. I'm sure others will fill you in with more exact details. :tsmile:

CyberCubed
07-19-2017, 01:56 PM
You can read the first 7 issues right after Return to New York, or even right after issue #11. Most of those issues take place in the Northampton Farmhouse or when the Turtles are just casually in New York, so any time around there is good.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-19-2017, 02:12 PM
You'll also want to read Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Classics Vol. 7; it features the two-parter "Masks" with Savanti Romero and Renet, and "Leatherhead, Too" which takes place right before Ultimate Collection 4 and 5.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/611IcCBp3XL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Classics-ebook/dp/B00HYIC8S8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500495086&sr=8-2&keywords=tmnt+classics+volume+7

neatoman
07-19-2017, 02:18 PM
So recently a couple weeks ago I read The first volume of the Ultimate Collection, and soon will be purchasing the 2nd volume. But I realized there's also Tales to read, as well as the rest of the Ultimate Collection. So, can any Mirage experts help me out?

I would recommend at least reading the Rat King and Nobody issues before volume 4 of UC, you'll find them in the first 2 Tales collections. After you're done with all 6 volumes and Classics up until volume 10 (unclear if there's going to be more) you can read the rest of the Tales trades.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-19-2017, 02:21 PM
As a Mirage fan who prefers his stories to follow a narrative arch and not meander into the one-offs and spontaneous, I advise the following for your collection:

Ultimate Collections 1 through 5, Tales Books 1 and 2 (which collects the whole of Tales Volume 1) and Classics 7. Those, for me, are the essential Mirage Volume 1 collections.

There are also two great stories that are collected elsewhere, "Sons of the Silent Age" and "The River". I highly recommend those... need to get those TPBs on my shelf.

CyberCubed
07-19-2017, 02:22 PM
Just read in release order. With all the other issues inbetween.

Cyndaquilfan123
07-19-2017, 11:46 PM
I mean this has helped a bit, thanks guys. But I'm still pretty confused on how to go about reading Collections, as there seems to be a lot more that goes into rather than reading in volume order.