PDA

View Full Version : NECA Dimension X Figures

Lil Karai
07-20-2017, 10:11 AM
https://s9.postimg.org/57evw1jrj/IMG_0367.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/pesboch8r/)

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Not a fan of the pixelation, but we already know these molds will be used at least twice so it doesn't really matter.

Lil Karai
07-20-2017, 10:24 AM
I'm curious to see if these will see a retail release, thus necessitating the VG paintjob. If they are announcing it now for 2018, I would think this would not be a 'con only set as they usually keep the con announcements secret until just before the 'con. HMMMMMM we'll find out soon enough.

Lordmylar06
07-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Man... I want that Slash. Here's hoping for a 'toon repaint and a possible Archie colors variant!

oldmanwinters
07-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Those Rock Soldiers warrant a lot of plastic! While playing the arcade game recently on an HD monitor, I noticed that Traag has a huge crotch rock that is impossible to miss (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyRIxVEpi3o#t=22m24s). I wonder if NECA will preserve that detail?

Dane E5R
07-20-2017, 11:00 AM
I'm a bit disappointed, if I'm honest- Both that at it's another arcade set, and also that I would have preferred to see Bebop and Rocksteady.

Though it is cool to finally see a Granitor figure. And it's hard to complain after all the goodies NECA has given us lately.

go_ninja84
07-20-2017, 11:04 AM
wow i like that Tragg and Granitor not so much Slash. wonder if they will be in a set

Oculus Orbus
07-20-2017, 11:25 AM
I'm surprised with the bold move NECA made here. Those characters will appeal to a pretty small niche compared to better known villains such as Bebop and Rocksteady, and I assume the videogame paint deco won't boost sales. I really appreciate NECA taking the risk and going for the unexpected.

My bet is that we will see these again in the future with toon accurate paint in a boxed set with some extra characters, maybe Krang's android body or some Neutrinos.

One thing is certain: every time NECA shows anything new, I despise Playmates a little bit more.

Lordmylar06
07-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Also, between Slash and Traag, is that a Triceraton skull on the ground in the back?

TheMasterTurtle
07-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Yup that's the traag sculpt Trevor was working on during the Turtle power interview. Happy about those two but not so much slash. An OT slash would have my attention more and they're going to need to do some sculpting to make him accurate enough for me

TurtleManiac
07-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Awesome Traag, and first ever Granitor. These figures look great, however I am surprised they went with more obscure characters before the more well known characters like Bebop, Rocksteady, April, and Splinter. That Slash does look awesome though, it's sculpted directly based off his appearance in SNES Turtles in Time, I actually like that design better than the OT Slash. A repaint would not be enough for this Slash to be toon accurate though, his physical appearance would have to be totally different.

Lil Karai
07-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Link to full gallery/additional images:
http://news.toyark.com/2017/07/20/sdcc-2017-gallery-neca-tmnt-video-game-figures-261716

They had commented last year that Bebop and Rocksteady are over-saturated in the market and merchandise. Not surprised they went with characters who don't have a lot of merch associated with them.

EddieNES
07-20-2017, 12:14 PM
I don't think B&R are over saturated at all. But oh well. These are still amazing.

Plus they can repaint these and resell again which I think they will 100% do.

Btown
07-20-2017, 12:19 PM
that Slash!! that is a must for me.

Powder
07-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Holy crap. These are so great. Granitor!!!!!

Not into the pixel paint job, but if this is the only release they're seeing, I'm in.

Candy Kappa
07-20-2017, 02:09 PM
I love the Rock Soldiers, the paintjob while VGA pixelated are still fitting enough that these guys could mix with non-VGA figures.

The Purple Dragon
07-20-2017, 02:11 PM
I'm curious to see if these will see a retail release, thus necessitating the VG paintjob. If they are announcing it now for 2018, I would think this would not be a 'con only set as they usually keep the con announcements secret until just before the 'con. HMMMMMM we'll find out soon enough.

Thats wath i am thinking.its weird that they have announcing it AS a 2018 relase unless they have got deal to relase them retail.perhaps they have got a deal so they can sell them with Arcade paint as retail??so perhaps we Get this at nycc with toon paint and as Arcade as retail in 2018?

07-20-2017, 02:12 PM
I don't think B&R are over saturated at all. But oh well. These are still amazing.

Plus they can repaint these and resell again which I think they will 100% do.

We have:

Standard versions
Movie Versions
Tales versions on the way

Half Shell Heroes
Paleo Patrol Half Shell Heroes

tmntfannumerouno
07-20-2017, 02:14 PM
Also, between Slash and Traag, is that a Triceraton skull on the ground in the back?

Looks like it to me

The Purple Dragon
07-20-2017, 02:16 PM

Looks like it is it posseble that we Get some mirage triceraton later?? But look closer on the diorama and you will see a great white above the scull and a beltanimale(sorry cant the english name on it) on the left side that resible a rat hmm is this clues fore later relases or are randy just playing with us

07-20-2017, 02:17 PM
There were Triceratons in the Manhattan Project, so maybe...

tmntfannumerouno
07-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Looks like it is it posseble that we Get some mirage triceraton later?? But look closer on the diorama and you will see a great white above the scull and a beltanimale(sorry cant the english name on it) on the left side that resible a rat hmm is this clues fore later relases or are randy just playing with us

Good eye, I didn't even see the rat or the shark till you pointed them out.

The Purple Dragon
07-20-2017, 02:26 PM
You welcome.my guess is that the great white shark must mean amargon how cool is it to finaley Get a good figurine off him

tmntfannumerouno
07-20-2017, 02:30 PM
You welcome.my guess is that the great white shark must mean amargon how cool is it to finaley Get a good figurine off him

Armaggon would be at the top of my want list.

Lordmylar06
07-20-2017, 02:42 PM
Armaggon would be at the top of my want list.

If that shark is indeed a hint, they can have my money. Instant buy.

oldmanwinters
07-20-2017, 02:44 PM
There were Triceratons in the Manhattan Project, so maybe...

Only on the box art, unfortunately.

As a kid, I thought Triceraton must be a secret boss fight.

Lil Karai
07-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Good spot! They often put Easter eggs in their dios

tmntfannumerouno
07-20-2017, 03:28 PM
If that shark is indeed a hint, they can have my money. Instant buy.

What about your Armaggon? That custom is the ****!

Lordmylar06
07-20-2017, 03:49 PM
What about your Armaggon? That custom is the ****!

Aw shucks! Thanks, but I also really want an official release of him as well. (I'm working on a re-do of the Armaggon I made a few years ago.)

I Crave Pizza No More
07-20-2017, 06:26 PM

I took the triceratops skull as a reference to the Turtles in Time level in which Slash appears.

ProactiveMan
07-20-2017, 07:50 PM
I covet those... especially Traag and Granitor.

Autbot_Benz
07-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Pixel Dan says Neca wants to do Direct to Consumer Sales for the Dimension X Set if they can work it out.

Id love for that to happen just to stick it to playmates

TurtleWA
07-20-2017, 08:12 PM
Pixel Dan says Neca wants to do Direct to Consumer Sales for the Dimension X Set if they can work it out.

Id love for that to happen just to stick it to playmates

Hopefully though its not like the exclusive set with limited sale time frame. That way it would also stick it to the scalpers.

Autbot_Benz
07-20-2017, 08:13 PM
Randy From NECA says there will be one more character added to this set to make it a 4 Villains of Dimension X set that will be shown later

kgRVRrsgRzM

Lil Karai
07-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Someone mentioned the rat and shark in the diorama. If you look at the video above, you'll see it's an armadillo and a shark. Armaggon! To me that's further confirmation of what the 4th character will be!

tmntfannumerouno
07-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Someone mentioned the rat and shark in the diorama. If you look at the video above, you'll see it's an armadillo and a shark. Armaggon! To me that's further confirmation of what the 4th character will be!

Yup an armadillo not a rat. Armaggon will be (wait for it:o) EPIC!!!!

LilithMV
07-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Great figures if one love Slash and the rock soldiers. For me having the Arcade turtles is enough for me. Well unless they released arcade April.

Probably won't be getting any re-color of these either. I want April, Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey and Splinter.

tmntfannumerouno
07-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Great figures if one love Slash and the rock soldiers. For me having the Arcade turtles is enough for me. Well unless they released arcade April.

Probably won't be getting any re-color of these either. I want April, Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey and Splinter.

Since this was the villans set the next one will be the hero set or a mixed set whenever that reveal is(next year?). So my guess is April, Splinter, Casey, and ???? or April, Splinter, Bebop, and Rocksteady.

inaheap
07-20-2017, 09:39 PM
I like this. A lot of people like these characters. There are none in this scale. Personally I'm still hoping Bebop and Rocksteady might turn up at NYCC. They make sense for a 30th anniversary release. I can't figure out how they could think they are over saturated. I count one inaccurate version in this scale.

DonnieLaForge
07-20-2017, 09:49 PM
They were more oversaturated last year with the movie. That may be when they were making decisions on these. These give them some reuse on Slash and prob between the soldiers. Stretch the dollar. Maybe if they are a hit there will be enough funds to do the chars everyone wants most at long last.

Lil Karai
07-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Whoa!!! found another easter egg in the Dimension X dio. Check out the pics. Triceratops skull! I would friggin FLIP OUT if we get a NECA Triceraton at some point!
http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/07/sdcc-2017-neca-thursday/

tmntfannumerouno
07-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Whoa!!! found another easter egg in the Dimension X dio. Check out the pics. Triceratops skull! I would friggin FLIP OUT if we get a NECA Triceraton at some point!
http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/07/sdcc-2017-neca-thursday/

catch up dude it's already been pointed out:ohwell:

Lil Karai
07-20-2017, 10:48 PM
Ah lots of posts and reveals happening quickly so I missed it- thanks dude.

Going back to B&R I do feel they are over saturated. Almost every collectible line features them. Pops, blind boxes of vinyl figures from several companies, statues, 1/6 scale figures etc.

Nice to get something fresh.

Lee9
07-20-2017, 11:19 PM
I see the photo of the toys and just picture that door flying out at you.

tmntfannumerouno
07-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Where the hell is Armaggon?

Powder
07-21-2017, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't be so dead set on your assumptions re: Armaggon. Never set yourself up to be disappointed. :tlol:

& at any rate, I got the impression the possible 4th figure is as of yet undecided, based on interviews given by Randy. So I don't think we should expect a 4th reveal during this con...

tmntfannumerouno
07-21-2017, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't be so dead set on your assumptions re: Armaggon. Never set yourself up to be disappointed. :tlol:

& at any rate, I got the impression the possible 4th figure is as of yet undecided, based on interviews given by Randy. So I don't think we should expect a 4th reveal during this con...

No where in the Lt. Dan video did he seem unsure/undecided. Given the hints in the dio plus the theme itself "Villans of Dimension X" who else could it be?

Powder
07-21-2017, 08:23 PM
"There will be more... added to this collection, that we will show later. But it will most likely be a 4 figure set, so there's at least one more figure coming, but it's a villains of Dimension X type of thing."

That shows there are uncertainties about it, & Armaggon isn't from Dimension X, so...

Not sure who it might be, but I'd guess they'd be from one of the two arcade games. Krang, maybe. Could be Fly Baxter, he spends a lot of time in Dimension X & is of course the boss in Turtle In Time's first level.

CyberCubed
07-21-2017, 08:54 PM
I bet it'll be that clay/mud monster from the arcade version of Turtles in Time. he's never had a toy before.

TurtleWA
07-21-2017, 09:05 PM
"There will be more... added to this collection, that we will show later. But it will most likely be a 4 figure set, so there's at least one more figure coming, but it's a villains of Dimension X type of thing."

That shows there are uncertainties about it, & Armaggon isn't from Dimension X, so...

Not sure who it might be, but I'd guess they'd be from one of the two arcade games. Krang, maybe. Could be Fly Baxter, he spends a lot of time in Dimension X & is of course the boss in Turtle In Time's first level.

I bet it'll be that clay/mud monster from the arcade version of Turtles in Time. he's never had a toy before.

How cool if it was Leatherhead!

CyberCubed
07-21-2017, 09:05 PM
Well Leatherhead isn't from Dimension X in the videogame/original cartoon universe, so it's probably not him.

tmntfannumerouno
07-21-2017, 09:08 PM

There's a ARMAdillo and a shark hidden in the dio= Armaggon
Second I highly doubt that Randy even knows the fact that he's not from dimension x. My guess is Trevor wanted him in the line and told Randy he was from dimension x. So Randy's clueless but I'm sure that doesn't come as a big suprise to most.

Powder
07-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Argue all you want. I just don't wanna see you get pissed off if it turns out not to be Armaggon. :tlol:

I'd sure be happy if it was, don't get me wrong!

TurtleWA
07-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Well Leatherhead isn't from Dimension X in the videogame/original cartoon universe, so it's probably not him.

I was going to say Lord Dregg but really want a Leatherhead figure. I could see it being fly Baxter though.

tmntfannumerouno
07-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Argue all you want. I just don't wanna see you get pissed off if it turns out not to be Armaggon. :tlol:

I'd sure be happy if it was, don't get me wrong!

I won't be mad but yeah it would be nice especially since the only other alternative is that dinky little playmates toy.

CyberCubed
07-23-2017, 01:50 AM
Is the Dimension X figure supposed to be based on the games to follow suit with these 3? If so why are people mentioning characters from the show?

TheBlueTurtle1
07-23-2017, 03:57 AM
Is the Dimension X figure supposed to be based on the games to follow suit with these 3? If so why are people mentioning characters from the show?

Yes correct. I think it will be Krang (with body) Rat king or Pizza monster. If your really lucky maybe Baxter, or Super Shredder.

Can't see Bebop and Rocksteady being done at this point or Tokka and rahzar, since they are duo characters, and there is one spot left in this set.

07-23-2017, 07:12 AM
What was Armaggon's back story in Tournament Fighters?

oldmanwinters
07-23-2017, 11:16 AM
What was Armaggon's back story in Tournament Fighters?

Birthplace: Earth of the Future
Goals: This is his first step toward conquering Earth
http://i.imgur.com/1VuqGAch.jpg

qt.bangerang
07-23-2017, 01:03 PM
There are other options that you are all forgetting that I would love to see who are from Dimension X that only appear in the games...they are both bounty hunters, Tora (the polar bear) and Shogun (samurai android with flying head).

I would die and go to heaven if it was Tora.

oldmanwinters
07-23-2017, 02:41 PM
There are other options that you are all forgetting that I would love to see who are from Dimension X that only appear in the games...they are both bounty hunters, Tora (the polar bear) and Shogun (samurai android with flying head).

Woah, that would be amazing, and maybe the most logical way to go with the Arcade Game series.

CyberCubed
07-23-2017, 03:02 PM
I'd love the samurai robot with the detachable head.

King Kahn
07-23-2017, 06:32 PM
I'm surprised with the bold move NECA made here. Those characters will appeal to a pretty small niche compared to better known villains such as Bebop and Rocksteady, and I assume the videogame paint deco won't boost sales. I really appreciate NECA taking the risk and going for the unexpected.

My bet is that we will see these again in the future with toon accurate paint in a boxed set with some extra characters, maybe Krang's android body or some Neutrinos.

One thing is certain: every time NECA shows anything new, I despise Playmates a little bit more.

Small Niche basically defines NECA lo. Rock soldiers have been wanted for forever.

B&R have been done a lot and if they did them each would be a unique sculpt. The rock soldiers share body sculpts except for the arms, upper torso and head.

Yeah both the rock soldiers and Slash will DEF be released with cartoon colors or toy colors.

VaughnMichael
07-25-2017, 12:26 PM

I really hope you're right! That would be sooooo cool!

TurtleManiac
07-26-2017, 12:34 AM
Wow at first glance I thought Slash was an all new sculpt, just now realize that it's still the same basic NECA arcade turtle body as the base. I'm thinking the 4th villain might be Krang's Android Body, since he is from Dimension X and in both games.

StealthNinjaScyther
07-26-2017, 03:12 AM
This set already has quite a lot of new tooling so I wouldn't bet on an entirely new figure. Tokka seems like a reasonable possibility to me.

D Piddy 1982
07-26-2017, 03:57 AM

This is the most logical suggestion. Based on this, if I was a betting man I'd put money on Shogun as they could probably re-use the Shredder/Foot human body sculpts again.

Is it me or does the Slash figure's head look slightly too large for it's body? Or is that the style?

One final question, as I not 100% familiar with all the characters and which games they are in, but is the current dimension X threesome based on 1 particular game, or a number of different games?

Powder
07-26-2017, 04:13 AM
Granitor- TMNT Arcade game
Slash- Turtles In Time
Tragg- Both

& yeah Slash's head is a bit oversized, but I think it works alright.

DonnieLaForge
07-26-2017, 07:11 AM
You guys are silly. It's going to be something they can repaint and sell as a toon figure. Bet the farm on that much.

pl212
07-26-2017, 10:09 AM
You guys are silly. It's going to be something they can repaint and sell as a toon figure. Bet the farm on that much.

Chrome Dome?

tmntfannumerouno
07-26-2017, 11:05 AM
This set already has quite a lot of new tooling so I wouldn't bet on an entirely new figure. Tokka seems like a reasonable possibility to me.

Traag and Granitor share lower bodies, Forearms, and hands. Slash uses the turtle buck as a base too. So no there isn't a lot of new tooling.

You can't just repaint slash and make him a toon accurate figure so that point is moot. You can however repaint him as an archie tmnt adventures slash. So with that in mind all my money is on Armaggon.

The Purple Dragon
07-26-2017, 11:16 AM
I don't know wath you guys see but to me that slash is very close to Archie with pixel paint that can easily be repainted to comic colors

DonnieLaForge
07-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Meh, you can repaint him into a toony Slash close enough for gub'ment (AKA Playmates) work... and if you wanna be picky, he would make a nice vintage-toy-coloration variant if maybe that's their next reuse play instead of toon-coloration.

TheCanadiandrome
07-26-2017, 02:01 PM
Those figures look great

07-27-2017, 06:22 AM
Too bad you don't have any money to pay for them...

TheCanadiandrome
07-27-2017, 01:10 PM
Just wouldn't be getting them from you :roll::roll::ohwell:

mikeyatemypizza
07-27-2017, 03:43 PM
If I can't get them in the Can I probably won't be buying them. Always get nailed with custom charges when getting from the US.

dragonside
07-27-2017, 10:18 PM
lol the repaints are endless.

i'd like some archie comic versions i.e. stump wrestling, the future versions etc.

They could do so much with so little. LOLOL

Powder
07-27-2017, 10:49 PM
Stump Wrestling variants of the turtles would be sooo cool.

TheCanadiandrome
07-28-2017, 04:17 PM
If I can't get them in the Can I probably won't be buying them. Always get nailed with custom charges when getting from the US.

I feel your pain bro. Which is why I've more or less stopped getting figures from the US

tw2thr3
07-28-2017, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't mind a leather head or Baxter (fly or human) could both be repainted. Would be cool with Android Krang but would also like other characters that we haven't seen before

TheCanadiandrome
07-28-2017, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't mind a leather head or Baxter (fly or human) could both be repainted. Would be cool with Android Krang but would also like other characters that we haven't seen before
Yeah would be awesome

Darth Knuckles
07-28-2017, 10:46 PM
You can't just repaint slash and make him a toon accurate figure so that point is moot. You can however repaint him as an archie tmnt adventures slash. So with that in mind all my money is on Armaggon.

Wouldn't it be great if the Dimension X set does include Armaggon, if we then get a pack of Archie inspired figures with Armaggon, repainted Slash, Future Raph, and Future Donnie!??! I'd really love it and I agree with others that we eventually need to have the Stump Wrestling Costume TMNT figures made!

tmntfannumerouno
07-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the Dimension X set does include Armaggon, if we then get a pack of Archie inspired figures with Armaggon, repainted Slash, Future Raph, and Future Donnie!??! I'd really love it and I agree with others that we eventually need to have the Stump Wrestling Costume TMNT figures made!

I would buy both sets in a heartbeat no questions asked.

wpugh2424
07-29-2017, 02:40 PM
A future raph fig would be radical
Yea Archie turtles deserve a bit of love I think

tmntfannumerouno
07-29-2017, 02:50 PM
A future raph fig would be radical
Yea Archie turtles deserve a bit of love I think

Hell yeah and if they keep going in the comic direction maybe we'll get some idw figs in the future.

TheBlueTurtle1
08-05-2017, 10:56 AM
I called it! Pizza monster will be the 4th character in the set! Check NECAs twitter.

tmntfannumerouno
08-05-2017, 11:00 AM
I called it! Pizza monster will be the 4th character in the set! Check NECAs twitter.

Just checked out their twitter but I guess I need to smoke what you're smoking before I can see what you've seen.:trolleye:

EDIT: To clarify they're(NECA) at a video game/toy show so the screenshot is of the pizza monster from the game in reference to their half assed sdcc sewer mutation alien nothing more.

TheBlueTurtle1
08-05-2017, 12:01 PM
AHHH, sorry, think it was something to do with their Alien line:roll:

Lordmylar06
10-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Has anyone seen any updates on these? It's been a while...

Antnee13420
10-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Has anyone seen any updates on these? It's been a while...

As far as I've noticed they seem more focused on the 1990 movie line. Those will probably be sdcc 18 exclusive

Chris
10-05-2017, 12:11 AM
Hell yeah and if they keep going in the comic direction maybe we'll get some idw figs in the future.

I've not been bothered by the arcade & OT figures but I would seriously be all over IDW/Mutants in Manhattan figures!

Powder
10-05-2017, 12:37 AM

I wish, but Randy made it clear they're going for nostalgiabucks. So there's no reason for anyone to get their hopes up over any modern iterations.

TMNachoT
10-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Shame! I was looking forward to see 2K3 turtles by Neca.

Candy Kappa
10-06-2017, 12:53 PM
With the heavy restrictions NECA's license have, doing 3k3 or even IDW figures or anything else that isn't FW and Henson stuff is probably too much of a risk.

The NYCC Foot set seems to just be a means to end loose threads from the old line.

10-10-2017, 07:28 AM
I wish, but Randy made it clear they're going for nostalgiabucks. So there's no reason for anyone to get their hopes up over any modern iterations.

They have to wait for the kids who grew up on the 2003 show to be fat 35 year olds with no sex lives :tlol:

RaphaelinSTL
10-10-2017, 09:43 AM
As far as I've noticed they seem more focused on the 1990 movie line.

I'm personally okay with that. The more, the merrier from that line as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully there's at least some kind of news for the Dimension X set as they looked amazing!

Powder
10-10-2017, 01:17 PM
They have to wait for the kids who grew up on the 2003 show to be fat 35 year olds with no sex lives :tlol:

All jokes aside I don't think there will ever be a worthy demand for 4kids stuff that generates a wave of adult nostalgia merch. Unfortunate for the hardcore fans, but not something I'd find the lack of surprising by any means. That said, I'd love a set of NECA 4kids turtles, but I'd buy any/all turtles so long as the sculpt/price is good.

CyberCubed
10-10-2017, 04:14 PM
The 2k3 series also started nearly 15 years ago. Anyone who was a kid when it was airing is now in their 20's.

Ninturtle
10-11-2017, 08:30 PM
The 2k3 series also started nearly 15 years ago. Anyone who was a kid when it was airing is now in their 20's.

I'm 18, and I have fond memories of my parents buying me figures from the 4kids line. I would totally buy a set of 4kids turtles, but like Powder I don't see that happening. The 4kids cartoon doesn't even come close to having the same impact and viewership as the OT, unfortunate as that is.