PDA

View Full Version : NECA 1/4 Scale 90's Movie Shredder & Foot

Lil Karai
07-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Just a teaser for now, but BAM!
https://s22.postimg.org/vw6jiysr5/IMG_0373.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/azabeauq5/)
https://s21.postimg.org/69il7rfbb/IMG_0375.png (https://postimg.org/image/5jzsveern/)

RaphaelinSTL
07-20-2017, 02:40 PM
This is what i've been dreaming about! Woohoo!!

Coro
07-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Better believe I'll be putting in a VERY large order for these

Purse Grabbin Puke
07-20-2017, 04:45 PM
This makes me VERY happy... I'm greedy and I need Casey Jones too.

DonatelloFan1984
07-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Better believe I'll be putting in a VERY large order for these

Just the man I was looking for on the other thread and the answer I was looking for lol.

Turnstone
07-20-2017, 04:58 PM
So is NECA actually going to release images of Shredder and the Foot or is this just the announcement only and we will have to wait until later in the year to see the actual prototypes?

Raph
07-20-2017, 05:00 PM
So is NECA actually going to release images of Shredder and the Foot or is this just the announcement only and we will have to wait until later in the year to see the actual prototypes?

Maybe tomorrow? SDCC still has a few more days to go.

useasneeded4pain
07-20-2017, 05:00 PM

I don't think anyone knows yet. Pixel Dan's NECA walk thru is being posted tonight, maybe we'll hear more then.

Lil Karai
07-20-2017, 05:21 PM
NECA usually spaces out their reveals over the weekend to keep news momentum up. It's only Thursday!

Bmaga123
07-20-2017, 06:27 PM
OMG I need pictures please!

ProactiveMan
07-20-2017, 07:51 PM
Movie Shredder! My wish came true.

TurtleWA
07-20-2017, 08:35 PM

I hope I am wrong but I think later in the year. That's my conclusion after watching the pixeldan interview.

DonatelloFan1984
07-20-2017, 08:46 PM
I hope I am wrong but I think later in the year. That's my conclusion after watching the pixeldan interview.
In my opinion, no matter how early into development these are in, neca should be showing them off. The more feedback they can get between now and production the better. On the other hand, neca typically does a bang up job either way. /shrug

DonnieLaForge
07-20-2017, 09:50 PM
Sunnofagun, I never thought it possible. Time to eat my hat!

Raph
07-21-2017, 04:34 AM
The PixelDan interview said enough.
We won't see the Schredder or foot this weekend. He is working on the sculpt as we speak.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-21-2017, 04:45 AM
I would if the Shredder helmet will be removable.

go_ninja84
07-21-2017, 06:01 AM
I wonder if they will be mass release or an exclusive, i remember Randy saying they would not do these because their lissence restricts international shipping so woildnt make enough profit

Lil Karai
07-21-2017, 09:59 AM
I think the overwhelming success of the 1/4 scale figures has indicated otherwise. Shredder and foot might be able to use some shared parts.

These will absolutely be retail release.

RaphaelinSTL
07-21-2017, 11:29 AM
I wonder if Shredder is going to come with the cape he wore at the beginning of the film? I'm sure the sculpt will mostly be based on his look at the final battle of the movie.

http://orig03.deviantart.net/0807/f/2013/244/7/a/tumblr_lvwht4nef01qla11zo2_1280_by_auxiliary4-d6kl5qr.jpg

What an iconic look this version had.

Leonardo87
07-21-2017, 10:10 PM
I bet he will come with interchangeable hands, the spear pole, removable face mask/cape, and a little dagger. Can't wait for pictures!

Btown
07-21-2017, 10:26 PM
this is big for me and will be a must have. I might go for two foot soldiers as well just to have standing on each side of Shredder. These might be the ones I'm most excited for yet out of every one.

djmajin
07-22-2017, 08:28 AM
I bet he will come with interchangeable hands, the spear pole, removable face mask/cape, and a little dagger. Can't wait for pictures!

he better come with a pre mutated splinter too

Lil Karai
07-22-2017, 09:03 AM
I think I'd only get Shredder. Don't think I need a foot soldier at this scale.
For the Foot, I'll wait till they make them at a smaller scale. But yeah, a 90's Shredder at 1/4 scale. How imposing!

RaphaelinSTL
07-22-2017, 10:10 AM
this is big for me and will be a must have. I might go for two foot soldiers as well just to have standing on each side of Shredder. These might be the ones I'm most excited for yet out of every one.

Yeah, I'm almost convinced to get two as well! The look of two Foot Clan members standing on each side of Shredder is too good to pass up.

Lil Karai
07-22-2017, 12:31 PM
Hmmm true. I guess I'll have to wait for pics to make any final decisions.

Raph
07-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Of course two. Remember the card says 'Shredder & Foot Clan coming in 2018'. Not 'Shredder & Foot soldier' ;)

RaphaelinSTL
07-22-2017, 03:04 PM
Of course two. Remember the card says 'Shredder & Foot Clan coming in 2018'. Not 'Shredder & Foot soldier' ;)

OH! Didn't even think of that actually ... nice. Now we just need a Tatsu. :twink:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/aa84ef804edd397f286b13dec979aec4/tumblr_meq0g26PNS1r20f1fo1_500.gif

wpugh2424
07-22-2017, 04:01 PM
So many awesome things coming I may have to move for a bigger toy room

TurtleWA
07-22-2017, 04:15 PM

What would NECA charge if they made a giant 1/4 scale 3pack. Shredder plus two foot soldiers. 275,350?

King Kahn
07-23-2017, 04:15 PM
So the Foot will be larger than 12" lol

TurtleWA
07-23-2017, 07:25 PM
So the Foot will be larger than 12" lol

Fun with word play, nice. :lol: I think we all know what each other is talking about though. Atleast when it comes to these. :roll:

raphfan84
07-23-2017, 07:37 PM
So excited to hear about this. Yet, I wonder if Shredder will be taller then the turtles? I would hope that would be the case. Only time will tell.

cloud
07-23-2017, 08:07 PM
I wonder if they will be mass release or an exclusive, i remember Randy saying they would not do these because their lissence restricts international shipping so woildnt make enough profit

If you think about it. Making it as an exclusive narrows the window even more. So there you go.

Psycho50501
07-23-2017, 08:53 PM
So excited to hear about this. Yet, I wonder if Shredder will be taller then the turtles? I would hope that would be the case. Only time will tell.

Of course he's gonna be taller than the Turtles. He and the Foot Solider will both be around 17 - 18 inches

DonatelloFan1984
07-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Could foot clan mean a foot soldier and possibly tatsu? I know we typically take foot clan to mean foot soldier but tatsu is part of the foot clan. Maybe they didnt want to explicitly state tatsu just yet and wanted it to be a suprise?

Psycho50501
07-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Could foot clan mean a foot soldier and possibly tatsu? I know we typically take foot clan to mean foot soldier but tatsu is part of the foot clan. Maybe they didnt want to explicitly state tatsu just yet and wanted it to be a suprise?

Maybe who knows.. But I'm about 70% sure we'll get an Splinter in late 2018

EddieNES
07-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Maybe who knows.. But I'm about 70% sure we'll get an Splinter in late 2018

Trying to think how they'll handle keeping cost down.

Turtle body = all 4, plus special characters (disguise Raph)

Human body = shredder, foot, Casey, tatsu, Danny, Kino

I think everyone else would have to have a unique sculpt.

April, Splinter, Tokka, Rahzar.

DonatelloFan1984
07-24-2017, 06:26 AM
Kino, Tokka, and Rahzar are all secret or the ooze characters so I would assume those are a long way off if ever considering this series is based off the first movie. Danny would probably be one of the last characters to get made if he ever were just because there are way more popular characters to do first. I am going to assume that foot clan means members and that shredder, foot soldier, and tatsu are already being worked on. That leaves Casey (with the mask being shown as long as everything continues to sell well he is almost a lock), splinter, and april. And this set will be 100% incomplete at this point without any of those being produced. I think everything from here on out is based on sales. As long as it sells we will get more.

Coro
07-24-2017, 08:10 AM
I am going to wager that we get 2 or 3 different foot soldiers. Different weapons and heads/masks etc. Maybe 1 foot with enough accessories to make them look different enough. They will get plenty of mileage out of the male body tooling. Look what they have doing in daredevil/dr strange, batman stuff. I am sure the molds will work for Shredder/Casey as well.

Then you have April. I am betting the body base is available for her if you look at NECAs batman returns Catwoman etc. I am sure they want to produce other female 1/4 scales too for Marvel.

07-24-2017, 08:18 AM
I am going to wager that we get 2 or 3 different foot soldiers. Different weapons and heads/masks etc. Maybe 1 foot with enough accessories to make them look different enough. They will get plenty of mileage out of the male body tooling. Look what they have doing in daredevil/dr strange, batman stuff. I am sure the molds will work for Shredder/Casey as well.

Then you have April. I am betting the body base is available for her if you look at NECAs batman returns Catwoman etc. I am sure they want to produce other female 1/4 scales too for Marvel.

I never even thought of this. If that's the case, someone should have made a custom April already.

Coro
07-24-2017, 08:52 AM

I never even thought of this. If that's the case, someone should have made a custom April already.

The NECA Catwomans are pretty easy to get ahold of. Have at it :trazz:

Purse Grabbin Puke
07-24-2017, 09:10 AM

I've never made custom toys before, but I was doing research with other NECA figures trying to see who I could buy to make a Casey figure. There are a few Arnold Schwarzenegger figures that could fit the build. I would just get the head and mask 3d printed from somewhere. But now they announced Shredder and the Foot, I will be saving the money for them and keeping my fingers crossed for Casey. I think if Shredder sells well it's a no brainer to do Casey. They could just use the same body mold.

Also, I was watching a video with WWE's Zack Ryder (Huge TMNT fanatic) and he talked to Randy from NECA and they mentioned the Casey Mask was still waiting on licensing approval, so that might be why no Casey announced yet, and it's a hurdle they might be in the midst of jumping.

DonatelloFan1984
07-24-2017, 09:48 AM
I've never made custom toys before, but I was doing research with other NECA figures trying to see who I could buy to make a Casey figure. There are a few Arnold Schwarzenegger figures that could fit the build. I would just get the head and mask 3d printed from somewhere. But now they announced Shredder and the Foot, I will be saving the money for them and keeping my fingers crossed for Casey. I think if Shredder sells well it's a no brainer to do Casey. They could just use the same body mold.

Also, I was watching a video with WWE's Zack Ryder (Huge TMNT fanatic) and he talked to Randy from NECA and they mentioned the Casey Mask was still waiting on licensing approval, so that might be why no Casey announced yet, and it's a hurdle they might be in the midst of jumping.

When it comes to licensing Neca is one of the few companies that I trust to get it done. If they get the mask approved I would almost bet the house on Casey getting an official release.

inaheap
07-24-2017, 01:50 PM
When it comes to licensing Neca is one of the few companies that I trust to get it done. If they get the mask approved I would almost bet the house on Casey getting an official release.

Especially when they are already planning to do Raph from that scene.

Psycho50501
07-28-2017, 10:43 PM

All of the Foot Soilders in the movie were the smae besides a few different weapons. NECA will just make one foot soilder at this scale.

RaphaelinSTL
09-01-2017, 10:54 AM
So are we thinking we probably won't get a teaser of these guys until possibly Toy Fair next year?

Panther10
09-01-2017, 11:55 AM
So are we thinking we probably won't get a teaser of these guys until possibly Toy Fair next year?

I think NYCC is a safer bet

cloud
09-01-2017, 09:52 PM

So far, the 1/4 scale figures don't share the same mold. DareDevil is different than Dr. Strange or any of the Batman figures.... So I don't know what you're talking about.
Catwoman's mold can't be used to make an April figure. Just because it's the same scale doesn't mean they can share the same mold.

Ginrai
09-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Nobody has mentioned Raph has his hat and Jose Canseco bat standing in the background of that picture. Heh

tmntfannumerouno
09-01-2017, 11:03 PM
Nobody has mentioned Raph has his hat and Jose Canseco bat standing in the background of that picture. Heh

This thread is about shredder and the foot soldiers. If you look at the other thread you can see that it is discussed there.

RaphaelinSTL
09-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Man ... I must have NECA 1990 Turtles on the brain. Had a dream the other night that NECA finally released photos of the 1/4th Shredder and it ended up being the 1987 FW look ... and then we were all confused. :tlol:

It's still a pinch me moment that we're actually getting my favorite look for Shredder in an awesome figure form.

Panther10
09-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Man ... I must have NECA 1990 Turtles on the brain. Had a dream the other night that NECA finally released photos of the 1/4th Shredder and it ended up being the 1987 FW look ... and then we were all confused. :tlol:

It's still a pinch me moment that we're actually getting my favorite look for Shredder in an awesome figure form.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the Shredder and foot ninja honestly. It was hard enough to not laugh at the movie version of shredder when you realize you are looking at a fully grown man who's wearing purple/magenta sequins thats covered in spikes and he has a leopard print cape. It's like something from "Hair Metal on Ice" Or maybe something leftover from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm just not sure that this will translate well for the shredder or the foot clan in figure form.

RaphaelinSTL
09-04-2017, 09:16 AM
It was hard enough to not laugh at the movie version of shredder when you realize you are looking at a fully grown man who's wearing purple/magenta sequins thats covered in spikes and he has a leopard print cape.

To each their own for sure. I feel like you can laugh at anything within popular geek culture if you remove yourself from it.

Honestly, Shredder in the 1990 movie always feels like a dangerous threat every time I watch it and a legitimate badass. I'm confident that both the Foot and Shredder will turn out incredible.

EddieNES
09-04-2017, 09:35 AM
To each their own for sure. I feel like you can laugh at anything within popular geek culture if you remove yourself from it.

Honestly, Shredder in the 1990 movie always feels like a dangerous threat every time I watch it and a legitimate badass. I'm confident that both the Foot and Shredder will turn out incredible.

I always thought Shredder was a badass as well. Then I watched Ni**a Turtles. Now that's the only Shredder I see and hear when I see the movie version.

"Look into my eyes, now look at this motherf'ing left." :tlol:

MikeandRaph87
09-04-2017, 10:51 AM
I wonder if Shredder is going to come with the cape he wore at the beginning of the film? I'm sure the sculpt will mostly be based on his look at the final battle of the movie.

What an iconic look this version had.

You bring up an interesting point, I always wondered what happened to his cape in the film. It disappeared my the midpoint without explanation. Was there any reason ever given?

Powder
09-04-2017, 02:02 PM
It's ill advised to do ninjutsu in a cape.

Candy Kappa
09-04-2017, 02:49 PM
The cape was for theatrics to impress the kids that would be future Foot Ninja, only Batman can do Ninjutsu in a cape :lol:

mikeyatemypizza
09-04-2017, 03:12 PM
The cape was for theatrics to impress the kids that would be future Foot Ninja, only Batman can do Ninjutsu in a cape :lol:

And the Batusi. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYA8Gr5NTY

Candy Kappa
09-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Batusi and the Cur-Lee maneuver is the ultimate Ninja technique.

d_osborn
09-05-2017, 01:55 PM

Yeah-- that just means Shredder is super confident in his ninjitsu AND then-modern 90's fashion. The Shredder costume design is essentially a FAB pink sequined Foot soldier suit, anyway. :lol:

It's easily my favorite adaptation of the character. Hopefully NECA doesn't tone down the more... eclectic elements of the design.

Any accessory theories/wishlists? Spear and cape, obviously. Perhaps a CRT TV with a dagger lodged in the screen? Loose Dragon Doji headband for him to hold? A can of turtle soup?

09-05-2017, 02:07 PM
A can of Chef Boyardee is more like it :tlol:

RaphaelinSTL
09-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Yeah-- that just means Shredder is super confident in his ninjitsu AND then-modern 90's fashion. The Shredder costume design is essentially a FAB pink sequined Foot soldier suit, anyway. :lol:

It's easily my favorite adaptation of the character. Hopefully NECA doesn't tone down the more... eclectic elements of the design.

Any accessory theories/wishlists? Spear and cape, obviously. Perhaps a CRT TV with a dagger lodged in the screen? Loose Dragon Doji headband for him to hold? A can of turtle soup?

Hahaha! For sure ... he's a trendsetter. :tlol:

I think my main wants are the spear and the cape ... but getting a dagger or even the April drawn portrait of Leonardo (...."they'reeeee BACK!") would be awesome.

Powder
09-05-2017, 04:39 PM
I'm guessing he won't have his cape, but it'd sure be badass if he did. Metallic zebra stripes & all.

super curry max
09-05-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm guessing he won't have his cape, but it'd sure be badass if he did. Metallic zebra stripes & all.

That will be for the re-release. Like Raph with coat. Why give it to us the first time when they can get our money twice!

Powder
09-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. :tlol: But hopefully they won't go that route.

Sorso
09-07-2017, 09:27 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/cn7rfe4o9/IMG_3847.jpg
Looks like Shredder is in the works

RaphaelinSTL
09-07-2017, 10:54 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/cn7rfe4o9/IMG_3847.jpg
Looks like Shredder is in the works

YESSSSS!!!! Where'd you find that image?!

Sorso
09-08-2017, 09:59 AM
YESSSSS!!!! Where'd you find that image?!

From the sculptor of our beloved Turtles' personal instagram

JonesyKitty
09-08-2017, 06:52 PM
From the sculptor of our beloved Turtles' personal instagram

What's his username?

Sorso
09-09-2017, 04:16 AM
What's his username?

Can't tell you this, he uses a pseudonym, but it won't be too hard for you to find him. You may try to search by the elements in the pic I posted