PDA

View Full Version : DC/WB Confirm ''The Flash: Flashpoint'' Movie

ZariusTwo
07-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Just happened at the Warner Bros. Comic-Con panel.

Warner Bros. flashed several in-development films on the screen at their panel, including Shazam! Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, Justice League Dark, Batgirl, Green Lantern Corps and The Flash: Flashpoint, presumably based on the 2011 Geoff Johns DC Comics event story.

https://www.newsarama.com/35568-warner-bros-announces-dc-flashpoint-movie.html

DCCU getting Rebirthed

CyberCubed
07-22-2017, 01:47 PM
Keep Wonder Woman, axe everyone else, except maybe Flash who is causing all this. That's the only thing I can see them doing. No way will they recast Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman anytime soon.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-22-2017, 01:57 PM
Flashpoint? Not surprised.

TurtleTitan97
07-22-2017, 01:58 PM
Figures they'd use that storyline to soft reboot the mess the DCEU has become.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-22-2017, 02:05 PM
Figures they'd use that storyline to soft reboot the mess the DCEU has become.

I really don't see them doing any major rewrites with it. I mean, do we honestly expect them to swap in a different actor for Superman or something?

mrmaczaps
07-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Keep the actors for the most recent films... recast GL/Hal Jordan and boot Cyborg to the Titans tk make room for Martian Manhunter, aka the heart and soul of the Justice League.

Andrew NDB
07-22-2017, 07:35 PM
A Flashpoint movie? Ugh! That was a horrible comic. Geoff Johns' hands are all over this, all right.

mrmaczaps
07-22-2017, 07:38 PM
A Flashpoint movie? Ugh! That was a horrible comic. Geoff Johns' hands are all over this, all right.

Flashpoint as an idea works much better if they had used Wally West as he was always shown to be more impulsive and a bit selfish at times, always chasing Linda... verse Barry always giving his all for everyone else... but thats Johns for ya...

Turo602
07-22-2017, 10:16 PM
I hope this means we get to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Batman.

Katie
07-23-2017, 07:04 AM
I don't think they're using flashpoint to "reboot" anything. Maybe there will be some little situational changes, but the actors will remain the same.

Right now I'm liking the DC movies better than the Marvel movies, so I'm loking forward to this one :)

mrmaczaps
07-23-2017, 01:09 PM
I am a Superman fan but I haven't liked any of the Super flicks.. Returns was a wuss & stalkerish... MoS & BvS he was too dark & batmanish... plus no Clark Kent, really... his supporting cast as Kent was weak... Cavill is fine as far as looks go, he nails the part...

Batfleck was fine other than going older with him being around a while...

Wonder Woman was near perfect.

Not sold on the actor playing the Flash... and that armor costume is horrendous.

And I've never cared for Cyborg at all and I like him even less being part of the League. He always fit best as a Titan. Taking Martian manhunter out of the League has always felt wrong to me...

Actually looking forward to the actor playing Aquaman... he was in Star Gate Atlantis, I think...

Marvel is easier for me to enjoy because I'm not a fan of the comics so tweaking the characters character doesn't bother me. If they get someone wrong from how they have been for 50 years, its no big deal. In my 30 some odd years of collecting, I've managed to amass about 50 yesrs of DC books so getting Superman 80% wrong as they have, its annoying...

But you are allowed to enjoy it if you want... :) Just not my cup of tea... but I will still see the movie and hope it does well.

CyberCubed
07-23-2017, 01:11 PM
I think it would be funny if only Superman is recast.

TigerClaw
07-23-2017, 01:32 PM
I think it's interesting that the first Flash movie we are getting, is based on Flashpoint, they can do all sorts of interesting stuff to twist the DCEU with the Flash screwing around with the timeline, then having to fix it.

mrmaczaps
07-23-2017, 01:36 PM
I think it would be funny if only Superman is recast.

What if they just have Brandon Routh pop over for a bit part back in the duds? :lol:

Or John Wesley Shipp (know I didn't spell his name right) for a bit part as Barry Allen whose dead bro was Jay Allen...? Or Dean Cain shows up as Clark Kent? :lol:

Any number of clips could get used... both Green Arrows from Arrow & Smallville...

Or Smallville's Aquaman...

Coola Yagami
07-23-2017, 02:14 PM
Let's just announce a bunch of random crazy **** that we may or may never make... and whatever garners the most positive audience reaction.... THAT'S the one we'll actually start working on.

Andrew NDB
08-06-2017, 05:51 PM
I can't even begin to point out how stupid this is. Really, WB? They begin their DCEU with "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Death of Superman" (???)... and now for an encore they want to begin their Flash franchise with "Flashpoint"?

wtf...

ToTheNines
08-06-2017, 06:03 PM
I can't even begin to point out how stupid this is. Really, WB? They begin their DCEU with "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Death of Superman" (???)... and now for an encore they want to begin their Flash franchise with "Flashpoint"?

wtf...

It's mind blowing. Betcha the GL movie is a Rebirth adaption. Written by...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Green_Lantern-Rebirth_%28collection%29.png

sdp
08-06-2017, 06:06 PM
I guess the subtitle for Justice League Part 2 is going to be: Crisis on Infinite Earths. Wait is JL part 2 even happening any more? Now that I think about it I haven't read anything about it and this one is just being promoted as THE Justice League movie, part 2 was supposed to come out only a few months later no?

Andrew NDB
08-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Wait is JL part 2 even happening any more?

That was axed like almost 2 years ago, I think.

NinjaPug
01-16-2018, 03:25 PM
WB hired new directors AFTER Ben Affleck turned them down. So much for Zemeckis directing this.

http://variety.com/2018/dirt/news/flash-movie-directors-john-francis-daley-jonathan-goldstein-1202665854/amp/

TigerClaw
01-16-2018, 04:00 PM
WB hired new directors AFTER Ben Affleck turned them down. So much for Zemeckis directing this.

http://variety.com/2018/dirt/news/flash-movie-directors-john-francis-daley-jonathan-goldstein-1202665854/amp/
seems like the Flashpoint movie is gonna more comedic, the Flashpoint Paradox animated DC movie was pretty dark.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-16-2018, 04:16 PM

By this point, I'M probably in the running to direct this movie... :tlol:

Vegita-San
01-16-2018, 04:26 PM
seems like the Flashpoint movie is gonna more comedic, the Flashpoint Paradox animated DC movie was pretty dark.

it was hilariously dark.

everyone dies and acts totally out of character and is really unlikable.. the beginning of the snyder verse!

LeotheLateBloomer
01-16-2018, 11:32 PM
This is a movie that will not help the DCEU in any way, shape, or form. This is not the type of course-correcting it needs!

Andrew NDB
01-16-2018, 11:55 PM
It is the worst thing imaginable at this point, honestly. The very last thing the DCEU needs is a terrible Geoff Johns story (keep in mind, it birthed the "New52" which the last two or whatever years of "Rebirth" has been trying to delicately undo in the comics) to try and save it.

I mean, Jesus christ... just do a great Flash movie. There is a million awesome stories to choose from. I'd mine from the Mark Waid stuff and stay far, far away from the Geoff Johns material.

Andrew NDB
02-21-2018, 08:35 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquaman/aquaman-test-screening-reportedly-took-place-at-warner-bros-today-and-we-have-a-first-reaction-a158071

So the movie screened and got some positive reactions today... at WB itself. I can't imagine how this got "leaked"...

TigerClaw
02-22-2018, 04:33 AM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquaman/aquaman-test-screening-reportedly-took-place-at-warner-bros-today-and-we-have-a-first-reaction-a158071

So the movie screened and got some positive reactions today... at WB itself. I can't imagine how this got "leaked"...
Wrong thread. That's for the Aquaman movie.

ranger_scout
03-03-2018, 09:52 PM
John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein announced that they will be directing the film.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/03/flashpoint-directors-officially-confirmed/

Andrew NDB
04-03-2018, 03:17 PM
https://www.cbr.com/the-flashs-solo-movie-will-not-be-titled-flashpoint/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&view=list

It's no longer "Flashpoint."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-03-2018, 05:19 PM
https://www.cbr.com/the-flashs-solo-movie-will-not-be-titled-flashpoint/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&view=list

That's probably for the best...

Andrew NDB
04-03-2018, 10:10 PM
That's probably for the best...

Oh, god yes. I'd say, "maybe things are looking up for The Flash movie!" But...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

ZariusTwo
04-04-2018, 07:36 AM
They already have an animated movie with "Flashpoint" in the title, and one episode of the TV show is called "Flashpoint", so maybe they just didn't want to oversaturate (or confound) the market with the same title constantly used.

Vegita-San
04-04-2018, 07:43 AM
the animated movie was horrible.
another dark depressing super hero story.

flash is supposed to be a light hearted hero. not batman.

ZariusTwo
04-04-2018, 08:41 AM
the animated movie was horrible.
another dark depressing super hero story.

flash is supposed to be a light hearted hero. not batman.

Precisely why I no longer collect the Flash comics...they're making Barry too much of a loser who annoys everyone (even Iris...IRIS)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-04-2018, 09:17 AM
I think the one thing WB/DC can and should do to win back goodwill and interest is to announce a single vision leader, (e.g. their own Kevin Feige) who will be charting the overall plan, theme, and vision for their DC Cinematic Universe.

That doesn't mean they have to do Phases, or build to Justice League 2, 3, and 4, or have end credit scenes that reference each other.

Just someone respected and knowledgeable about the characters and stories, as well as film-making, who can guide the ship. Or, if you can't find one person who has both the film and comics cred, two people working closely together as a team.

Then give them a few months to come up with a first pass plan for the next 3-4 years, announce it, and then commit to it. Don't waver from it if one film is poorly received, keep doing the thing.

Coola Yagami
04-04-2018, 09:59 AM
I think the one thing WB/DC can and should do to win back goodwill and interest is to announce a single vision leader, (e.g. their own Kevin Feige) who will be charting the overall plan, theme, and vision for their DC Cinematic Universe.

That doesn't mean they have to do Phases, or build to Justice League 2, 3, and 4, or have end credit scenes that reference each other.

Just someone respected and knowledgeable about the characters and stories, as well as film-making, who can guide the ship. Or, if you can't find one person who has both the film and comics cred, two people working closely together as a team.

Then give them a few months to come up with a first pass plan for the next 3-4 years, announce it, and then commit to it. Don't waver from it if one film is poorly received, keep doing the thing.

They messed up the characterization of Superman and whatnot, the only way to truly fix it is to do a clean slate.

They got their big Justice League movie out. They accomplished their mission. Too bad it sucked. Time to close shop and hand the keys over to someine else, hopefully someone that actually understands the characters and isn't afraid to take risks beyond WB's mandates.

Andrew NDB
04-04-2018, 10:27 AM
They already have an animated movie with "Flashpoint" in the title, and one episode of the TV show is called "Flashpoint"

I wonder who could possibly be responsible for such a thing...

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/godfather.jpg

TigerClaw
04-04-2018, 02:46 PM

It might still be the Flashpoint story. just not called Flashpoint.
https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/981236347452014592
I didn't say they weren't adapting Flashpoint. All I said was that it wouldn't be titled Flashpoint. But maybe I've said too much.

Leo656
04-04-2018, 04:04 PM
They messed up the characterization of Superman

You have never read a comic book. Stop.

Krutch
04-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Just flush this whole universe down the toilet already.

Coola Yagami
04-05-2018, 09:25 AM
You have never read a comic book. Stop.

Wasn't Superman the light to Batman's dark? He might occasionally brood nowadays since everyone nowadays has to be as miserable as the reader or else 'they can't relate', but he isn't known for brooding. The contrast of light and dark is what made Superman and Batman work. Making Superman dark in the movies already threw things off.

Leo656
04-05-2018, 08:24 PM
That's one overly-simplified "explanation" of their relationship out of many that exist. It hardly says everything about "why they work", nor does it give either of them enough credit.

It also doesn't account for the fact that they've been paired up in the comics since the 1940s, and yet Batman has only been "the dark one" since the mid-80s. Or that the whole "They're polar opposites!" (false) idea people like to subscribe to is even more recent than that.

Point being, "One is Light, One is Dark" may be easy to digest, but it's an oversimplification. As for what one viewer sees as "brooding", others will see as "Reacting realistically to the situations a character finds themselves in." In any case, the version of Superman appearing in the recent films has already been the standard in comic books for longer than you or I have been alive, so, that makes it valid in my eyes.

This really doesn't belong in this thread; I just have a chip in my head that sets off an alarm whenever people make false or misleading claims about the Superman character. They told me I'd regret it, but eh.

I'm not going to continue this conversation with you here, and my PM box is full, but I wouldn't be averse to speaking with you elsewhere, if you wish. Pretty sure you know where to find me. The caveat being, you actually want to have a serious conversation. Otherwise, I'm too busy.

Andrew NDB
04-07-2018, 01:42 AM
It also doesn't account for the fact that they've been paired up in the comics since the 1940s, and yet Batman has only been "the dark one" since the mid-80s. Or that the whole "They're polar opposites!" (false) idea people like to subscribe to is even more recent than that.

That's not a bad point, really. Though I'm sure many would rush to point out Batman was shooting criminals dead even in his first issues. I don't think it's unfair to say that, "Batman has always been darker than Superman," even though they're certainly not polar opposites.

They're polar opposites in terms of powers and abilities. Superman just happens to be superhuman and invulnerable because of DNA... Batman spent years training himself and spending untold millions to equip himself to give him an edge.