PDA

View Full Version : Colour Scripts from the new episodes (Warning Spoilers)

Vicky82
07-26-2017, 12:46 PM
I decided to make a new thread on this as it contains spoilers.

Nadia Vurbenova, the color supervisor of the show, has provided a color scripts, which includes the episodes that haven't aired.

http://cargocollective.com/nadiaanimated/TMNT-Color-Scripts-Nickelodeon-Animation-Art-Director

Some of those pics are from the final arc.

neatoman
07-26-2017, 12:57 PM
I decided to make a new thread on this as it contains spoilers, so if you want to talk about it, do it here.

Nadia Vurbenova, the color supervisor of the show, has provided a color scripts, which includes the episodes that haven't aired.

http://cargocollective.com/nadiaanimated/TMNT-Color-Scripts-Nickelodeon-Animation-Art-Director

Some of those pics are from the final arc.

That's a little spoilery but most of looks like stuff we've already seen and the stuff we haven't still seems kind of unclear, I looked through these and I'm still not sure what I'm looking at.

And what's a "color script"? Like a guideline for the coloring?

snake
07-26-2017, 12:58 PM
I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at.

Vicky82
07-26-2017, 01:03 PM
I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at.

They are from old and new episodes but not in order. They are pictures before they made into an episodes.

Here's the pics from some the episodes we haven't seen yet.

http://mikeyandpizza.tumblr.com/post/163453395678/animated-series-will-deliver-an-apocalyptic

FredWolfLeonardo
07-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Alot of them are sketches of old episodes such as the Gauntlet but its always nice to see the artwork, whether its old or new.

Vicky82
07-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Alot of them are sketches of old episodes such as the Gauntlet but its always nice to see the artwork, whether its old or new.

Some are from new episodes too, they are not in order.

Use this link.

http://mikeyandpizza.tumblr.com/post/163453395678/animated-series-will-deliver-an-apocalyptic

snake
07-26-2017, 01:17 PM
They are from old and new episodes but not in order. They are pictures before they made into an episodes.

Here's the pics from some the episodes we haven't seen yet.

Wow, Wasteland Warrior looks great.

Vicky82
07-26-2017, 01:24 PM
I wonder if that's Mikey

http://68.media.tumblr.com/d3c77a7aaf3a41473d2f1e9ac672bac2/tumblr_inline_otpkfnTatv1ttbhkz_500.jpg

I wonder if it's in the same scene as this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWq6PQlFP1o/?taken-by=superrobot74

This is Raph

http://68.media.tumblr.com/c76a7e120949cc40bab30f61bef476a9/tumblr_inline_otpkfcQao51ttbhkz_500.jpg

And I see Casey's American flag mask there. (remember that pic Ciro put on Instagram a few months back of Casey new Mask and we all thought he was doing a Bodycount episode).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgU3n-BvJh/?taken-by=superrobot74

FredWolfLeonardo
07-26-2017, 01:38 PM
I guess those pics of wasteland warrior confirmed its in an apocalyptic setting like we were speculating all along.

Also, what is that mystical snake from the Lone Rat and Cubs shot? I wouldn't mind those people who have seen the episode telling me at this point.

Vicky82
07-26-2017, 01:45 PM
I guess those pics of wasteland warrior confirmed its in an apocalyptic setting like we were speculating all along.

I don't think they are all from Wasteland Warrior, they could be from The Impossible Desert and Carmageddon as well.

I think the guy is just guessing. Nadia Vurbenova didn't write down which episodes they are from.

oldmanwinters
07-26-2017, 01:59 PM
Magnificent find! I love seeing the episode scenes boiled down to their bare essence.

JH24
07-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Wow, awesome find! The coloring and background for the final episodes looks amazing. I can only imagine how it will look like in the episodes themselves.

It definitely feels they're pulling out all the stops for the finale.

Ashwolf
07-26-2017, 04:30 PM
I wonder if that's Mikey

http://68.media.tumblr.com/d3c77a7aaf3a41473d2f1e9ac672bac2/tumblr_inline_otpkfnTatv1ttbhkz_500.jpg

This is Raph

http://68.media.tumblr.com/c76a7e120949cc40bab30f61bef476a9/tumblr_inline_otpkfcQao51ttbhkz_500.jpg

And I see Casey's American flag mask there. (remember that pic Ciro put on Instagram a few months back of Casey new Mask and we all thought he was doing a Bodycount episode).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgU3n-BvJh/?taken-by=superrobot74

i think that the eyeball image is from the most recent ep, the angles match up w/ mikeys face before jei put him under the spell

Vicky82
07-26-2017, 10:34 PM
i think that the eyeball image is from the most recent ep, the angles match up w/ mikeys face before jei put him under the spell

No it isn't, it's a final edit from one of the final episodes. That instagram post was only just over a week ago. They can't finish an episode that quickly

If that is a turtle eye, they've got no mask on, so it isn't from Yojimbo.

JH24
08-08-2017, 05:01 PM
One of the things that looks unusual in one of those pictures of the future is the broken moon in the background. Maybe it was an external event after all that caused the world's future state.

Vicky82
08-08-2017, 11:41 PM
One of the things that looks unusual in one of those pictures of the future is the broken moon in the background. Maybe it was an external event after all that caused the world's future state.

Maybe someone shot at it alien or human, an Asteroid hit it or it braking up on it's own.

So with the moon damaged that means it could cause problem to earth, like longer days, short nights, problems to the oceans ect.

JH24
08-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Maybe someone shot at it alien or human, an Asteroid hit it or it braking up on it's own.

So with the moon damaged that means it could cause problem to earth, like longer days, short nights, problems to the oceans ect.

Very good point, I hadn't thought about that. It definitely would have an impact on Earth.

Maybe the Triceratons (or any alien race) returned with a superweapon to blow up the Earth, and the turtles were able to redirect the weapon at the moon as a last desperate resort. The turtles were able to save the world, but the conflict and destruction of the moon would leave its scars on the Earth forever.

But as you said, it could have been a natural disaster as well. If something hit the moon and destroyed it, some of the debris would have been pulled toward Earth, colliding with it.

The sky in the pictures look very strange as well, it looks so alien. I hope they'll show or give us a hint of what happened in the future.

Vicky82
08-27-2017, 11:51 AM
Nadia Vurbenova removed the pics from the unaired episodes

Including this one.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a187f8cc7a4eed009a3e29fb3de4a63c/tumblr_inline_otpkepxtpU1ttbhkz_500.jpg

This is definitely not from Lone Rat and Cubs, and it doesn't look like it's from The Monster Arc or the crossover arc, so is it from the final future arc.

JH24
08-27-2017, 12:31 PM

Including this one.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a187f8cc7a4eed009a3e29fb3de4a63c/tumblr_inline_otpkepxtpU1ttbhkz_500.jpg

This is definitely not from Lone Rat and Cubs, and it doesn't look like it's from The Monster Arc or the crossover arc, so is it from the final future arc.

I have no idea what to make of that picture of where it would fit in. Definitely looks interesting though. Is that a kind of sarcophagus in the picture above the one you posted? It's as if some kind of spirit/ghost is coming out of it.

Vicky82
08-27-2017, 12:50 PM
I have no idea what to make of that picture of where it would fit in. Definitely looks interesting though. Is that a kind of sarcophagus in the picture above the one you posted? It's as if some kind of spirit/ghost is coming out of it.

This one.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/43330fb4f6254987ebaa25810721181d/tumblr_inline_otpkeobXIr1ttbhkz_500.jpg

I thought it was from the Monster Arc, but looking at it again it has the same blue light and background.

So I don't know, it's pretty weird moment.

I assume it's Donnie because of his different shaped head.

newfan
08-27-2017, 12:54 PM
I first thought that was a baby turtle but there isn't a shell, looks more like a little alien.

Vicky82
08-27-2017, 12:59 PM
I first thought that was a baby turtle but there isn't a shell, looks more like a little alien.

Maybe the shell is covered, that's why you can't see it.

It's looks like Donnie, but if it's from the final arc, he looks too young,

Maybe it's April and Donnie's kid :lol:

JH24
08-27-2017, 01:00 PM
This one.

I thought it was from the Monster Arc, but looking at it again it has the same blue light and background.

So I don't know, it's pretty weird moment.

I assume it's Donnie because of his different shaped head.

Yeah, the blue light and background was what drew my attention between the two pictures as well.

My feeling is that its from the Monster Arc. A sarcophagus and awakening something from it does fit with the theme.

But everything is possible. It may be some unexpected twist in the final arc.

Vicky82
08-27-2017, 01:06 PM
Yeah, the blue light and background was what drew my attention between the two pictures as well.

My feeling is that its from the Monster Arc. A sarcophagus and awakening something from it does fit with the theme.

Donnie was my first guess as well. He may very well be wearing a costume/outfit but we can't see it because the drawing is simplified. If that's the case it would likely be the Monster Arc.

But everything is possible. It may be some unexpected twist in the final arc.

He is wearing a coat and hat in the Monster Arc but's it's different in that pic, he's wearing something like a balaclava and is dressed in black.

But yeah it's probably a big final twist, Ciro did say that everyone will be talking about this final arc for a long time.

JH24
08-27-2017, 01:37 PM
He is wearing a coat and hat in the Monster Arc but's it's different in that pic, he's wearing something like a balaclava and is dressed in black.

But yeah it's probably a big final twist, Ciro did say that everyone will be talking about this final arc for a long time.

Yeah, you're entirely right about his outfit. I was wrong. It's definitely different from the Monster Arc.

In that case it does seem it will be from the final arc. I have no idea what's happening in that picture, and it definitely makes it even more mysterious.

Ciro said that? Wow. As if I wasn't hyped enough already for the final arc. They're definitely hiding something for the finale.

One thing's for sure, we're all in for some amazing episodes. They've put a huge amount of dedication and love into this season.

Redworld96
08-27-2017, 04:33 PM

Including this one.

At first I thought it was from Monster Arc because to my point of view, it was Leo(I think I still seing blue eyes and leo's color skin) with a Snake (maybe because it's related to the mummy). But now that you said she deleted all the pics, I think it's from the last arc. But then ... which is that snake? :-?

It's looks like Donnie, but if it's from the final arc, he looks too young, Maybe it's April and Donnie's kid :lol:

lmao :lol::lol::lol: tmnt next generation on the show . Jokes apart, I have never thought if they really could have biological babies or not.

BubblyShell22
08-28-2017, 10:09 AM
Awesome find and I can see why she deleted them because maybe they don't want pics shown yet.

Tarris Vaal
08-28-2017, 07:52 PM
The 'wisp' looked similar to the soul collector spirits from InuYasha -at least in overall form. That design is fairly unique to that anime though, so I doubt it is exactly along those lines, but they may be inspired by the concept of some kind of 'spirit entity'.

But that in itself seems out of place given what we know of the last few episodes. I guess it could be part of more interaction with the spirit realm - maybe even another reunion with ghost Splinter.

As for Donnie's 'younger' design - it may just be he hasn't changed much - after all this is a very basic rough sketch and far from a finished product.

ToTheNines
08-29-2017, 07:23 AM
lmao :lol::lol::lol: tmnt next generation on the show . Jokes apart, I have never thought if they really could have biological babies or not.

They've never reproduced in any other version. And if you're maintaining a shred of believability, they'd only be able to procreate with female RES turtles. Or whatever they're supposed to be in the Nick universe.

Redworld96
08-29-2017, 07:46 AM
They've never reproduced in any other version. And if you're maintaining a shred of believability, they'd only be able to procreate with female RES turtles. Or whatever they're supposed to be in the Nick universe.

Yeah that is the most realistic and logical conclusion.
Being the two of them mutants, you don't know if they even can procreate (well April it can be, since her mom was born because of Kraang's experiments like her, and she and Kirby gave birth April).
But in a sci-fi tv show for kids you never know, writers can always invent things even if it don't make sense. (and pull a Twilight :lol:)

ToTheNines
08-29-2017, 08:00 AM
Yeah that is the most realistic and logical conclusion.
Being the two of them mutants, you don't know if they even can procreate (well April it can be, since her mom was born because of Kraang's experiments like her, and she and Kirby gave birth April).
But in a sci-fi tv show for kids you never know, writers can always invent things even if it don't make sense. (and pull a Twilight :lol:)

Do we even know what's up with April's mom? The only backstory we ever got was from Momthing, who turned out to be lying about several things. No one ever pinned Kirby down on anything (total waste of a character).

Either way, even if she is part Kraang and naturally had April with Kirby, April would likely be sterile. For examplr, a horse and a donkey can make a mule, but the mule can not reproduce.

But yeah, if the writers want any of the guys to have kids, they'll do so. You could just assume they're test tube babies/genetic clones with DNA provided by the two parents.

Redworld96
08-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Either way, even if she is part Kraang and naturally had April with Kirby, April would likely be sterile. For examplr, a horse and a donkey can make a mule, but the mule can not reproduce.

In that case, shouldn't April's mom be sterile too? Because their family were experiments since generations (at least that's what I remember from Buried Secrets). I assumed that if April's mom could proceate, April can too.

newfan
08-29-2017, 08:28 AM
There may well be offspring in the final arc, at least one of the humans will have had a child at some point I'd imagine, just may not be coupled offspring. (as in current character ships)

ToTheNines
08-29-2017, 08:58 AM
In that case, shouldn't April's mom be sterile too? Because their family were experiments since generations (at least that's what I remember from Buried Secrets). I assumed that if April's mom could proceate, April can too.

I haven't watched Buried Secrets in a while and I guess I never bothered retaining much from it since it turned out her "mom" was full of ****. Wish someone would confirm April's origin.

Redworld96
08-29-2017, 11:30 AM
I haven't watched Buried Secrets in a while and I guess I never bothered retaining much from it since it turned out her "mom" was full of ****. Wish someone would confirm April's origin.

Even though mom was actually a monster, Donnie said that monster had April's mom memories, so I guess her story about her family and the Kraang is still true.

Vicky82
08-29-2017, 11:36 AM
Even though mom was actually a monster, Donnie said that monster had April's mom memories, so I guess her story about her family and the Kraang is still true.

Yeah, I think most of her memories was true but she was probably lying when she said that Her and Kirby and April were running from the Kraang and she gets captured and put into stasis.

BubblyShell22
08-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I wish we knew more about April's origin too, but that doesn't seem likely to happen since they barely use Kirby for anything anymore and he's always been a plot device for the most part. Seems kind of stupid to give April a parent and then barely use him.

Redworld96
09-07-2017, 08:49 AM

Including this one.

After I watched The curse of Savanti Romero, I can already say that this is from the Monster Arc. and it's Donnie.

newfan
09-07-2017, 08:55 AM
After I watched The curse of Savanti Romero, I can already say that this is from the Monster Arc. and it's Donnie.

Was the snake if any significance?

Redworld96
09-07-2017, 09:01 AM
Was the snake if any significance?

The Mummy attacks him with those kind of snakes spirits, using them as a tie to hold Donnie. It is just an attack

https://i.imgur.com/9heiH3F.png

newfan
09-07-2017, 09:06 AM
The Mummy attacks him with those kind of snakes spirits, using them as a tie to holding Donnie. It is just an attack

Thanks for that :)

Redworld96
09-07-2017, 09:15 AM
I've added the picture on the spoiler of my last post

newfan
09-07-2017, 09:31 AM
I've added the picture on the spoiler of my last post

Oh cool thanks

JH24
09-07-2017, 09:52 AM
I'm glad to see the picture ended up being from the Monster Arc. As this means there are still a lot of secrets for the final arc.

Interesting it turned out to be Donnie, as he seemed to be wearing an outfit in the color script.

Vicky82
09-07-2017, 10:43 AM

Cool thanks, mystery solved.

JH24
09-07-2017, 11:58 AM
@Redworld96

I forgot to say this in my previous post. Thanks for the picture and explanation.

Redworld96
09-07-2017, 12:20 PM
You're welcome. One thing less to think about the future arc :lol:

JH24
09-16-2017, 03:13 AM
I wonder if that's Mikey

After seeing your last post in the season 5 thread I was immediately reminded of this picture.

I have a couple of ideas why he looks like that.

Mikey was captured and tortured, his tormentors starved him and due to being staved, he may have a vitamin deficiency.
Mikey may have an illness that a normal turtle can get.
Due to changes in the environment (as it seems to be mostly desert now ) Mikey might be dehydrated and if a normal turtle is dehydrated, they become skinny.

I think you're spot on with this prediction. I had to look it up as I had no idea turtles would get skinny and lose muscle/weight when dehydrated. It would make sense if it was Mikey in that picture. He already looks smaller in there as well.

If he was captured, he may have tried to escape and ended up in the desert. Or maybe he was left behind in the burning sun.

Vicky82
09-16-2017, 03:22 AM
After seeing your last post in the season 5 thread I was immediately reminded of this picture.

I have a couple of ideas why he looks like that.

Mikey was captured and tortured, his tormentors starved him and due to being staved, he may have a vitamin deficiency.
Mikey may have an illness that a normal turtle can get.
Due to changes in the environment (as it seems to be mostly desert now ) Mikey might be dehydrated and if a normal turtle is dehydrated, they become skinny.

I think you're spot on with this prediction. I had to look it up as I had no idea turtles would get skinny and lose muscle/weight when dehydrated. It would make sense if it was Mikey in that picture. He already looks smaller in there as well.

If he was captured, he may have tried to escape and ended up in the desert. Or maybe he was left behind in the burning sun.

Yeah i'm starting to think that. The 2nd episode is called the impossible Desert so it could be about him surviving in the desert until Donnie finds him.

JH24
09-16-2017, 03:39 AM
Yeah i'm starting to think that. The 2nd episode is called the impossible Desert so it could be about him surviving in the desert until Donnie finds him.

Yeah, you're entirely right. A few pieces of the puzzle may have fallen into place right now.

The first two episodes may focus on different turtles. If we have Raph in all episodes, Mikey and Donnie in the second (just speculating) then it's a real possibility Leo will appear as well in some way or form.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding selfish here, but I'm actually relieved if the little turtle really turns out to be Mikey. No worries or complications about Donnie's/April's child, but a growing hope that we'll see all four turtles re-united in the final episode.

Also, I hadn't looked at that (second) eye picture yet. That's Mikey's eye, isn't it? But the way he looks. It's... unsettling.

That's a look of pure terror...

Vicky82
09-16-2017, 03:48 AM
Yeah, you're entirely right. A few pieces of the puzzle may have fallen into place right now.

The first two episodes may focus on different turtles. If we have Raph in the first, Mikey and Donnie in the second (just speculating) then it's a real possibility Leo will appear as well in some way or form.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding selfish here, but I'm actually relieved if the little turtle really turns out to be Mikey. No worries or complications about Donnie's/April's child, but a growing hope that we'll see all four turtles re-united in the final episode.

Also, I hadn't looked at that (second) eye picture yet. That's Mikey's eye, isn't it? But the way he looks. It's... unsettling.

That's a look of pure terror...

Yeah the first time I saw that post, I said it looks like Mikey's eye.