PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Dimension X #1 preview & discussion

AlZarkovski
07-29-2017, 08:09 AM
Preview here (http://www.cbr.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dimension-x-1/).

funatic
07-29-2017, 08:40 AM
Excited to see Tunica back on the books so soon (though his turtles do look a little Next Mutationy...). This mini is already off to a great start, interesting to see Hakk-R is more than just a physical threat and plays mind games with his targets too.

Utrommaniac
07-29-2017, 09:51 AM
Oh my god, B'een is adorable holy crap!

For some reason, Hakk-r seems to be getting a little more...effeminate???

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-29-2017, 06:50 PM
A fascinating sci-fi setup! Intriguing!

Utrommaniac
07-29-2017, 07:16 PM
It's pretty interesting how they've made B'een's species work...however inconvenient it may be. Doesn't seem like the best idea from a biological standpoint to be invulnerable except if they leave the planet.

It also doesn't seem like B'een is the last of his kind, so whatever happened on his planet is still a mystery.

Ninjinister
08-01-2017, 01:10 AM
B'een Go? Seriously?
Silver Age-level pun right there.

Utrommaniac
08-01-2017, 07:13 AM
I think it's just B'een?

ProphetofGanja
08-01-2017, 12:20 PM
I think it's just B'een?

Leo refers to him as B'een Go while trying to reassure him

"And Bingo was his name-o!" :lol:

PaulAllor
08-01-2017, 12:33 PM
Far be it from me to spoil the rich mysteries of this issues, but... yeah, it's B'een Go. B'een for short.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Far be it from me to spoil the rich mysteries of this issues, but... yeah, it's B'een Go. B'een for short.

You spoiled it!!!! :flaming:

Pfft, what's the point of even reading the issue now? :twink: :trazz:

Utrommaniac
08-02-2017, 01:40 AM
Ha. I'm starting to like Hakk-R.
http://i.imgur.com/6X0IAqO.png
"Heroing" is amusing me way more than it should.

B'een is great too. So far I'm thinking his colors go

Blue = Happy/comfortable
Orange = Scared
Yellow = Sad

"When their orbs are rapidly changing and their hormones are running amok"
UMMMM

myconius
08-02-2017, 11:37 AM
i've said it before and i'll say it again-

i just Love love LOVE Pablo Tunica's art!!!!!! :D

oh! and the writing was very good too! :tgrin:

the banter between the Turtles was GREAT!!

and how cool was it when Raph started ripping open Hakk-R's spaceship?

...or when Leo gave him the 'To the Moon' uppercut! :lol:

ChosenOne
08-02-2017, 04:44 PM
I can't help but hear Hakk-R as General Grievous. His design, particularly the faceplate, also helps. There's definitely something Star Wars-y about the guy, with a little bit of Firefly's Jubal Early and the Operative thrown in.

And the "rapidly changing orbs" thing? I'm surprised a line that potentially risqué made it into the comic! :lol:

Utrommaniac
08-02-2017, 04:45 PM
At this point "orbs" could just about mean anything. Unless that's just Empath slang for...yeah....

Not entirely sure how the Empaths captured for interrogation died, though? Were they just overwhelmed by the emotions of the prisoners?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-02-2017, 06:34 PM
I'm still super pleased with the whole empathic planet/ecosphere thing. Really cool idea.

Utrommaniac
08-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm impressed too. It seems like it would be a really easy concept to mess up, but it makes sense within this world.

myconius
08-03-2017, 10:42 AM
just gotta love Raph's motivation to catch up to Hakk-R's ship! :lol:

CyberCubed
08-03-2017, 12:18 PM
I hope we see all different kind of planets this arc. This was the typical mountain/rock/desert type planet like Tattooine, I want to see the Turtles visit all types of planets.

neatoman
08-03-2017, 12:42 PM
So is Hakk-R a robot or something? It seems to get more and more ambigious.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-03-2017, 12:55 PM
So is Hakk-R a robot or something? It seems to get more and more ambigious.

Cyborg. Pretty sure cyborg... he appears to have both artificial and biological components.

Utrommaniac
08-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Fugitiod describes it as a "Cybernetic Hybrid" in the FCBD issue. So I assume mean "cyborg"...which could be some explanation for the tea.

All I know is, he'll likely be showing up on R34. For obvious reasons.

neatoman
08-03-2017, 01:06 PM
Fugitiod describes it as a "Cybernetic Hybrid" in the FCBD issue. So I assume mean "cyborg"...which could be some explanation for the tea.

All I know is, he'll likely be showing up on R34. For obvious reasons.

Hmmm....

I just checked, he's not on there yet but the top 8 results all involve FW Mona Lisa by the same artist.

Utrommaniac
08-03-2017, 01:14 PM
No surprise there.

Not necessarily that R34, but...just about anything. Though, Hakk-R would more likely very, very, very asexual...

myconius
08-03-2017, 05:00 PM
i'm kind of hoping that when this series is over that B'een will decided to come to earth with the Turtles. :tsmile:

Utrommaniac
08-03-2017, 05:09 PM
As adorable as that would be, I'm not entirely sure he will.

I think it might be more cathartic if his people took him back and helped him recover from his experiences with Krang. After all, he's not a recluse by choice, but rather because they can't handle his emotions.
You'd think being "Empaths", they'd be a little more receptive to his trauma.

But then again, being able to sense other creatures emotions doesn't necessarily mean they're willing to deal with them.
Which is actually a pretty nice break of pace from what you'd expect.

DrSpengler
08-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT: Dimension X #1 at TMNT Entity. (https://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/08/tmnt-dimension-x-1.html)

Complimenting the little things: I like the detail of how Tunica does the bandanas on the Turtles. Looks like a "samurai ponytail" or whatever you'd call it. It's a clever little aesthetic effect.

Utrommaniac
08-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Well, I just came to an enormous realization.

It's not actually too weird for Empaths to display emotion (their own or "sense" the emotions of others).

Chameleons don't actually change color to match their environment: they change color to display mood. So the Empaths aren't entirely different.

The planet Go'Mo also reminds me a little bit of the Balmera from Voltron.

Utrommaniac
08-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Leo refers to him as B'een Go while trying to reassure him

"And Bingo was his name-o!" :lol:

I just now realized this!

Little fuzzball has made a fool of me...I love him.